15 years helping Australian businesses

About Figma

Cloud-based and on-premise platform that enables businesses to create custom designs, share prototypes among team members.

Learn more about Figma

Pros:

There's more and more integrations with other softwares for prototyping, or to help integrations so Figma is the way to go now.

Cons:

It is very difficult to pick up the interface. The initial learning curve is difficult and takes a lot of time to understand the tools and icons, specifically if you are accustomed to Adobe tools.

Figma ratings

4.5
4.3
4.6
4.6

9.0/10

Figma has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 736 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Figma before?

Houyamne
Houyamne
UX Designer in Cameroon
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Figma out beats most competitive prototyping softwares in the market

Comments: It helps us with design prototyping and wireframing as per our project(s) needs. I find this software extremely effective and enthusiastic. In all circumstances, I will always recommend Figma to businesses, organizations, enterprises, and personnel.

Pros:

Figma is an amazing software for application prototyping. It has a high affinity for design visualization and idea portraiture.It supports the most popular fonts that we often use throughout our designs and has an advanced and rich user workspace. I like its responsiveness to media queries and the editor is duper fast.Figma helps us craft amazing prototypes and wireframes as per our project(s) requirements and also enables us to directly merge them with our favorite development tools and thus, creating a seamless development experience.Its design layouts are very cool and we can collaborate on our projects easily.

Cons:

I will say, Figma is not for beginners. Features are too overlayered. This makes it a little hard sometimes to properly figure out a specific feature and more to it, icons placements are not user-friendly

Product Designer in UK
Design, Self Employed

Great Prototyping Tool

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I've really enjoyed using Figma. As a previous user of both Axure and Adobe XD, it appeared to be relatively straightforward to switch over.

Pros:

Figma seems to get better at each incremental software release and is relatively straight forward to use.

Cons:

The downside is that your prototypes cannot be served offline, as you need to be connected to the internet to use it. This can be difficult for example using prototypes on location for film/tv.

Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

Great Idea in Theory but Extremely Difficult to Use

3.0 last month New

Pros:

The idea behind Figma is wonderful. It was made to help content and design teams work together in developing applications, instead of the two being siloed during the development process. Once learned, the commenting tools can help the two collaborate.

Cons:

While the idea behind Figma is wonderful, it's not user-friendly at all. To start, our company had dozens upon dozens of trainings on it for months, which was proof of how difficult this new software was. It's very difficult to use its basic tools, like viewing screens. But the biggest drawbacks for our team was keeping track of all the different versions of the documents being edited and finding particular items within a screen to edit. Many on our team wanted to go back to the tried-and-true Excel and Word copy decks for the ease of document version control and the search-and-find function. I think Figma has some kinks to work out, though the idea is great.

Pratham
Pratham
Web Developer in India
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

No other alternative is as good as Figma

Comments: Figma rocks for design – no matter the stage! It's super easy to use for basic sketches (low-fidelity wireframes) and powerful enough to build complex, high-quality apps. Basically, Figma is awesome for design from start to finish!

Pros:

I like the way that advancement is extremely simple in figma in light of the fact that the intelligent metatrails accessible in there and generally the modules caused my work to dispense more straightforward and Strong parts, auto formats and clearly tokenisation of plan framework. I also made my CV layout in it to make it look good.

Cons:

I will say, Figma is minimal hard to use for amateurs. Highlights are too overlayered. This makes it somewhat hard here and there to appropriately sort out a particular element and more to it, symbols situations are not easy to understand

Lucien
VP of GTM in UK
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Figma is the leading design platform for tech product driven businesses

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Figma is used across our entire business for product design, prototyping, design and asset printing and more. It is the operating system we need to scale our design capabilities as we grow. I couldn't imagine us using another tool for design.

Pros:

Figma has so many excellent qualities but a particular value add for us was the ability to build a component library. This enables us to give the entire company access and turns them into designers since the components of the design have been pre-built. We create thousands of assets for clients so this enabled us to create a design system with infinite scale.

Cons:

It isn't the easiest tool to learn and there is certainly complexity that can be overwhelming with tools like Canva on the market.

Christian
Technical Product Owner in France
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

A great product!

5.0 3 days ago New

Pros:

- Ease of use - UX of the tool - The collaboration option - DEV MODE!!

Cons:

- Dev mode is great but it's not that easy to make it work with every technology and frameworks.

Kyle
Group Product Manager in US
Airlines/Aviation, 201–500 Employees

Figma helps validate things before burning money developing

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I love the ability to mock-up prototypes and be able to display and get these live in front of people and share externally to watch how users click and see quickly and test the value of these actual ideas without having to spend to actually develop it.

Cons:

Nothing I really dislike, it has a LOT of functionality that sometimes can be overwhelming but overall that's probably more of a positive than a negative.

Vivek
Vivek
Founder in India
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

A Comprehensive Look at Figma's Design Tools and Workflow

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Actually I'm using Figma from past 5 months for my Designing project, and it;s amazing tool, easy to use , User friendly, Best Support.

Pros:

Real-time collaboration and feedback Intuitive and user-friendly interface Extensive design and prototyping tools Strong integration with other tools and platforms Cross-platform accessibility with web and desktop apps

Cons:

Occasional performance issues with very large files Some advanced features are limited to paid plans Learning curve for new users unfamiliar with design tools Limited offline capabilities compared to some desktop-only design tools

Christie
Communications in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Perfect for prototypes.

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Figma is easy to use and allows you to make prototypes for any project easily. It has lots of add-ons and integrations with other apps.

Cons:

I wish you could quickly edit something on the Figma mobile app, but you really can't.

Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Figma review

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Figma is a very fast Web-based application, that allows real-time collaboration between team members. It is great for design, testing and UX.

Cons:

As with other tools, some time is needed to adjust to the interface. But overall, I don't have any problems with Figma.

Csaba
Sr. Product Designer, UX Strategist in Hungary
Design, 501–1,000 Employees

Figma should be the industry standard for UX/UI design

Comments: As somebody who deals with complex applications, the collaboration and design system capabilities Figma brings to the table is just awesome. I switched from Sketch which covers some of the functionality but it's very hard to create and maintain a design system which mirrors how developers build up interfaces. Figma enables and encourages you to think in components and build and scale a design system as oppose to individual screens. This approach is essential to any product-based business.

Pros:

- Collaboration: follow every update in real time. Sharing designs with client? You don't need to worry if they look at the latest updates or not. Collaborating with others on a design? No need to sync or update - it happens in real-time and automatically. - Components: very easy to use components and start to apply an atomic design approach. - Design system-centered thinking: Figma nailed a bunch of tedious and cumbersome design tasks: for example, it was not intuitive to work with layer styles, text styles and colors in Sketch (before I switched to Figma in 2018). In Figma, you can apply a saved color to texts, vector objects - anything. Very easy to work with saved text presets as well - they all built in a way to help you re-use them.

Cons:

- The design (UI) of the interface is not so nice :) After 2 weeks I stopped noticing it, but as a designer it bugged me at the beginning. - In some cases it takes time to load. - Figma updates the software regularly which in some cases means a completely new interface - and sometimes not all the updates are very intuitive (though they are iterating pretty rapidly so that's a good thing)

Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Incredible

Comments: Amazing. Figma has sped up many parts of our design process and enabled non-designers to contribute meaningful feedback more quickly into the design process. It's also enabled team members to quickly create visuals for things that don't require a lot of design oversight (eg. social media visuals). It gives a lot more power than Canva and at a lower price.

Pros:

I can't believe software this good is available for free. Figma provides every single feature you need to create great user interfaces, advertisements, documents, and any other design you could possibly want to create completely free. We use the paid version of Figma which allows a large number of collaborators as well as a few other high-end features. While there is a bit of a learning curve, Figma is surprisingly easy to learn for non-designers with just an hour or two of video tutorials (I used Udemy). Once you understand how to manipulated elements of your design, even a design newbie can churn out some pretty incredible designs very quickly. This software is a godsend for marketing teams. With traditional creative suites like Creative Cloud, you end up going back and forth with a designer - in Figma, anyone can pop in and contribute their thoughts in real-time. Our marketing design team has moved to doing the majority of their work in Figma now and it's been unreal.

Cons:

A few challenges have popped up with Figma. First, when you begin collaborating on designs in the cloud, there are times where you end up sharing a file with someone who doesn't have a Figma account. I would be nice if files could be more intuitively shared online with people who don't have a Figma account - especially if those people could drop comment pins on designs. Another con would be that because it is cloud-based software that's doing some pretty heavy lifting, it does tend to be more sluggish than running on-premises software with a high-end computer. That said, it's a minor annoyance and something that's probably worth not having to spend thousands on high-end hardware.

Abdelmadjid
Developer in Canada
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Excellent tool for building beautiful mockups

Comments: Figma has quickly become our main UI development tool.

Pros:

Figma is really focused on Web UI which sets it apart from generalist tools like Adobe Illustrator. I also really appreciate that it is built as a Web app, making it totally platform-agnostic, unlike industry-standard Sketch which is limited to macOS. A lot of effort has been put into how easily assets can be imported, like for instance how adding SVG objects is only a matter of drag and dropping SVG files directly from the local filesystem. Figma really feels and operates like a native app, with all the benefits of an online service.

Cons:

There's very little to dislike about it. I guess the biggest con is that it can be hard to operate in an offline environment.

Matthew
Lead UX/UI Designer in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Unbeatable design collaboration

Comments: Overall, Figma is an extremely powerful tool that allows for next-level collaboration with teams and users and so much more. It is a world class design tool that competes with the very best of the other options out there. I'd even say it comes out on top of Sketch.

Pros:

My overall favorite feature in Figma is the real-time collaboration on design files. This is invaluable to us in collaborating with other designers, product managers, and development teams remotely. The prototyping tools are amazing as well. I have created some pretty complex prototypes and I still haven't reached the full potential of what Figma's prototyping tools can do. The organization features (pages, files, projects) are very flexible. This allows us to create an organization structure the way we need it to work, instead of forcing a rigid structure on our team. Reusable component variants are a game changer! As is auto-layout for making components adapt to the content inside them as it changes (i.e. a button grows as you type text into the label). There are so many more things I could mention too!

Cons:

Some features can be a little tricky to learn. Auto-layout, for example, took me a while to get a grasp of and I'm still not sure I have a full understanding of how to use it.

Joël
Joël
Senior Frontend Developer in Cameroon
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Mother-tool & ultimately my first choice

Comments: Figma helps us with handling creative design tasks which is a paramount factor in our business.

Pros:

Figma is great for building, crafting, designing & redesigning unique prototypes either for computer software or web applications. It supports both wireframing & prototyping. We do many things with it---anything from website templates to animation processes.It's not a friendly tool but ideal for web-based projects. The online editor is highly responsive and there are plenty of awesome colors and fonts. It's the designer's first choice.

Cons:

The interface isn't friendly and can sometimes be pretty hard to work with, especially for novices.

Jaka
Product Designer in Slovenia
Design, 2–10 Employees

Excelent for collaboration on design

Comments: It is a great piece of software. It brings fresh ideas to UI design. It is a online-only tool so you can access your files anywhere.

Pros:

It is fast and reliable in what it does - designing interfaces. It features a rich community where templates can be found and offers good handoff options for developers.

Cons:

Pricing model. You need to be in a team and each user has to be paid for. If you're in more than one team, you still have to be paid for in every team. Also, prototyping tools could be improved with features like sticky elements and inputs.

Atour
Analyst in US
Research, 51–200 Employees

Collaboration in real time is quite fantastic.

Comments: I found this software is a great design foundation and instruction.

Pros:

Figma makes it incredibly simple to collaborate on one or more projects.Figma offers logical file organization into teams, projects, files, and pages in addition to meta structure, making it more than just a design tool (shared styles and components).In a way I couldn't achieve with what was available before, Figma enables me to communicate what I do and pique people's attention (Sketch).

Cons:

There aren't many different picture altering tools in Figma. It is not a user-friendly feature to drag, drop, and resize an image.I am unable to work offline. When a connection is lost, I must remember to store offline files.In some browsers, Figma does not function.

Adriene
Adriene
Product Designer in Brazil
Banking, 51–200 Employees

the software that changed my collaborative work

Comments: With Figma, we were able to create more collaborative design critiques, more productive developer meetings, and broader file organization.

Pros:

The best thing is being able to open Figma ANYWHERE and have all the files synced. In addition to being able to edit everything thru the browser. It is easy to use, similar to what we've always had in Graphic Design. Also, it is the perfect software to work collaboratively with team designers, product managers, and developers. Prototyping is fundamental for the project's stakeholders. Being able to do all this (and with animations) without changing software is amazing.

Cons:

It could have more image editor options like removing backgrounds and changing colors, for that I need to use another software and then go back to Figma. It seems that some non-solved problems are left to the community to solve with plugins.

Marianela
Marianela
Water Treatment Consultant in Panama
Chemicals, 51–200 Employees

Figma, an excellent tool to generate prototypes and increase the customer experience.

Comments: It's a reliable tool, and it works perfectly when it comes to executing the prototypes so that our designs are seen by the end user and receive their feedback. We can also share views of our designs or allow collaborative work to be done. In general, its performance is consistent and scalable to complex projects.

Pros:

Figma has been adopted in multiple developments for its versatility, and for its proven efficiency in increasing the user experience in prototyping design stages. Its library and object management simplifies work on complex projects where multiple people participate to prepare proposals and guarantees a homogeneous product. Its interface has a very good degree of usability and the learning curve is short.

Cons:

Figma has been widely adopted globally and has proven to be preferred by many developers and UX designers. However, some may have opted for other multilingual alternatives, 3D transformations or voice prototyping. But it should be noted that the consistency and simplicity in the use of Figma made it the favorite and currently many companies implement the prototypes and projects through these platforms.

Amit
Product Manager in India
Consumer Goods, 501–1,000 Employees

Design in style, that too affordably!

Comments: I would rate Figma 8/10. It has been a wonderful experience with Figma until now. Highly recommended!

Pros:

Easy to use, with a clean UI. It has everything that you need to design stuff in a hassle-free manner. Cheery on the cake is its easiness of Collaboration. The team can work together in real-time on Figma, making life very easy. Value for money!

Cons:

Prototyping & Mobile App experience can be made much better.

Shaheer
Shaheer
Technical Writer in Pakistan
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Figma is Another World Itself

Comments: Smart Animate is one of the most impressive features in Figma. You can create advanced animations using Figma's Smart Animate feature. Smart Animate searches for similar layers and animates the ones with slight differences. This feature also lets you create detailed transitions, parallax scrolling, loading sequences, gestures, and much more. Smart Animate also allows you to preview your prototypes, and share them with others just like design files.

Pros:

Creating vector shapes in Figma is very similar to creating them in other drawing applications. The basic tools of vector design are the pen tool and the fill tool. Figma includes both of these tools, so you don't need to download an external illustration app. To create vector shapes, use the Pen tool to draw shapes or logos. The color picker is located at the bottom of the Stroke area on the right side of the screen. You can play around in a best way.

Cons:

Nothing bad till now, You can mold Figma in any shape you want. You can view the prototype on different devices through the presentation tab. The user can interact with the prototype by leaving comments. The prototype can be distributed as a link or shared with multiple people.

Ava
Ava
Software Development Engineer in US
Wireless, 10,000+ Employees

Ideal for customer demonstrations as well as real, easy to understand prototypes.

Comments: Figma has changed our way of interacting with our clients, because thanks to this tool both our work team and our clients can participate more directly with this step that begins the creation of new projects, said process being pleasant and fast as well that allows a more real vision of each prototype. Since we use Figma teamwork is much more successful to be able to view the screen of another member of the team it is easier to make edits and reach an agreement among all.

Pros:

I have had a great experience with Figma, I am a developer so it is important that clients can have a view of what their project is going to look like, which is why using Figma has allowed our team to design these prototypes faster and easier. ,which look real, because it is possible to animate them and even the client can work with us on them, this is thanks to the fact that this tool makes collaborative work possible and at the same time the edition, that is how the client gets involved in your project and you can feel more sure about what you want and if what you see really pleases you. I like that its access is fast and that it is not necessary to have to be tied to a single computer. It is easy to manage and share files with other colleagues, it allows the creation of brainstorming so this process is faster and simpler. They can create advanced or simple designs, everything depends on the client's needs and the fact that it is possible to make notes and comments makes it even easier to understand, which is why Figma is a tool that is vital and ideal for any field.

Cons:

If you are used to other tools, the first encounter with this tool can be overwhelming, but as you navigate through it, it is possible to understand it and start using it, but I would like its performance to be greater, because as plugins are added, the program can become slower. However, when thinking about all the good things that its use brings, it is possible to miss these little things that have a solution.

Bhavik
Full Stack Developer in India
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

A great collaboration design tool

Comments: Our overall experience with Figma has been really positive and we will recommend it to organisations of any size.

Pros:

The things we liked the most about Figma has been the variety of plugins which improves the productivity and improve on design workflows. Also, the availability of offline mode is really helpful and makes it really easy to continue working from anywhere.

Cons:

The thing we like the least about Figma has been the learning curve required to get up and running with most of the features. User onboarding can be improved. Also, plugin improvability and recommendations should be improved.

Sabiya
Web Designer in India
Design, 11–50 Employees

Examining Figma

Comments: I have a lot of figma experience. Figma is far more user-friendly. Simply dragging and dropping pieces onto the canvas will allow you to design your prototype. Figma features a very user-friendly interface. Even if you don't know how to code, you can achieve amazing outcomes. Because it is cloud-based, you can collaborate online by exchanging files. The main advantage is that there is no need to save your design (whatever work you have done). After finished editing, you may immediately evaluate your changes in real-time. It is compatible with all devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, cellphones, and others. It works with both desktop PCs and mobile phones, allowing you to view your files from anywhere. Figma allows you to customise templates to meet your specific requirements. When deciding between Adobe Creative Cloud and Figma, I strongly recommend Figma.

Pros:

Variants are part of the Figma component library. It (Variants) is a smart component management module. To structure the team asset library, just unclutter several copies of the same component and merge them. For those who want to collaborate, it is simple to utilise. You can access all of your Figma accounts, workspaces, and community profiles from a single interface. The most endearing aspect of the figma is the FIGMA PLUGINS. Figma plugins are powerful while remaining stable and secure. Overall, it's fantastic!

Cons:

It lacks a rubber. In figma, there is no method to erase. And it requires an internet connection. This makes it impossible for you to work offline.

Sebastian
UX Designer in Germany
Sports, Self Employed

A really nice tool, with a little bit of a learning curve

Comments: Figma is a great tool for graphic design, product design, prototyping and everything else in between. I really enjoy

Pros:

Figma is a very powerful tool for prototyping and managing design systems. It is quite user friendly and the fact that it is a browser based application makes it usable more or less anywhere and on any computer. I think that this is extremely positive for the age old PC vs Mac debate (particularly for designers). Figma is also updated very frequently, so there are always new features in the works and it seems that there is no limit to the amount of improvements and upgrades that they make. A really great tool that you should try out if you haven't already

Cons:

There is a little bit of a learning curve to learn the software, especially if you had previously used tools like Sketch or Adobe XD. It isn't difficult at all, but you just have to learn Figma's way of doing things. Often you realise that this is actually a better way (especially the way text styles are managed). Aside from this Figma has a little few quirks, but you stop noticing after a while