15 years helping Australian businesses

About Zoho Mail

Zoho Mail is a secure, encrypted, and enterprise-ready email solution, a suite of apps tailor-made for your organization's needs.

Learn more about Zoho Mail

Pros:

Zoho Main is easy to implement and very stable. Their support team also responds to tickets quickly.

Cons:

So you need the desktop after all. I rely on desktop anyway but it is shocking that in this day and age, Zoho does not get mobile experience right.

Zoho Mail ratings

4.6

8.7/10

Zoho Mail has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 991 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zoho Mail before?

Gabriella
Gabriella
Process Design Engineer and CEO in South Africa
Mining & Metals, 2–10 Employees

Great functionality with available set-up resources

Comments: I recommend Zoho mail 110%, I have been using it for years now with minimum to no issues.

Pros:

I have used Zoho for about four years now, and I was attracted to it by Zoho mail. Zoho mail allows you to have five email addresses with individual mailboxes under one custom domain for free. This is great especially for entrepreneurs and startups, even though you have to purchase the custom domain. The level of functionality is great, it ranks well even when compared to paid services. Another important aspect is that it's not "spammy" and it does not have compromised security. Zoho mail works well, I would recommend it to other business owners and entrepreneurs. It is also continually improving and adding more useful tools such as the MX record checker.

Cons:

I like Zoho mail's performance and reliability that is enabled by aspects such as adding SPF and DKIM entries in the domain DNS and adjusting MX records. But depending on skill level, these settings could be seen as challenging and could deter some. I found the manual webpage that's available for setting up for a range of domain providers to be quite helpful. There are other sites that cover how to set up Zoho mail, which I also found to be helpful. I realized that it can take long for Zoho mail to pick up added entries to a domain DNS. This is probably split between Zoho mail and a specific domain provider but perhaps some improvements can be done.

Richard
Owner in Australia
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

My Go To Alternative to Google and Microsoft Mail

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Excellent. I recommend it to my customers over Google or Microsoft, especially when pricing is a key consideration. If they just want reliable email without all the paid extra add-ons ( eg spreadsheets, word processors etc) then Zoho is the best choice

Pros:

The pricing for zohomail is what first attracted me to it. It is 50%+ cheaper than most commercial alternatives yet it has all the features that they do.

Cons:

Nothing. I like it all. There is a small learning curve to it, but that is true of any new software.

Ruben
Owner in Canada
Real Estate, Self Employed

Its a mailbox, it does the job

Comments: It's okay. I don't especially love the program and to be honest, I'm so used to the google mail and intuitiveness of the application that it just becomes second nature to me.

Pros:

I honestly think that most mailbox apps are similar. I went from using an older system to this, and to be honest, it's very similar.

Cons:

I feel like most mailbox programs are similar in style. Nothing exciting, some work better than others. This one seems to be fine.

Holly
Senior Manager in UK
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Efficiency and Security in One Package

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, Zoho Mail makes managing my email a breeze and helps me stay organized and productive.

Pros:

It is really easy to use and customize. Knowing my info is safe with its strong security is a big relief too.

Cons:

The basic functions work well, it would be beneficial to access more advanced tools without needing to upgrade to a pricier tier.

Adeniran
I.T Administrator in Nigeria
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 5,001–10,000 Employees

My Experience With Zoho

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The integration and ease of use, bringing in my other team as an administrator, and managing their workspace from my admin console, I'd say, are top-notch, whereby I could assign passwords and others to my team.

Cons:

Currently, Zoho has been meeting my email security and management needs, and their is nothing not to love about it.

Daras
Marketing Intern in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Good for Smaller Businesses

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I liked the ease of use and the features of Zoho Mail. The product was easy to use, and we found some of the APIs to be very helpful. In addition, it was relatively inexpensive and offered to us with a free trial, but it should be noted that the trial does not include all of the features. Furthermore, Zoho Mail was able to compete and offer personalized attention to our account when it came to pricing, and what we could afford as a small business.

Cons:

Unfortunately, the free trial was not as represented. It does not let you explore too much, and is mainly for testing, although that is to be expected at this price point. Besides that, managing contacts was somewhat difficult, and onboarding contact lists took a lot longer to process than other sites we have since used.

Mahesh
Director in India
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2–10 Employees

All good :)

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Suitable. Works well. Scaling up is easier.

Pros:

covers things well. Has all the features covered.

Cons:

Dark Mode Option suits well. Menu Pretty comprehensive

Yvvie
CEO in Canada
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Mail service

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Best inbox for accessing and managing emails professionally.

Pros:

Zoho mail is amazing, very professional and has a lot of features for the price. As a small business owner, I am able to manage my email communications professionally. I highly recommend!

Cons:

I have used Zoho for the past 5 years and I have not experienced any shortcomings yet.

Nikita
Nikita
Marketing Manager CRM in Germany
Machinery, 11–50 Employees

The Most Basic Mail Tool from Zoho

3.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: We use it as catcher mailboxes and email monitoring. However, when we were setting it up for our sales team we decided to remain with outlook due to more functionality.

Pros:

Easy to setup and deploy in existing Zoho environment, capturing contacts and leads that were there before. Merging contacts with Outlook upon initial setup was also simple.

Cons:

Less features than Outlook. Many interconnected features with Zoho CRM feel useless. Overall, we saw no benefit of using this over Outlook.

George
Manager in UK
Human Resources, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Zoho Mail

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overwall Zoho Mail is a good alternative to other costly email clients. Integrates very well with other Zoho apps.

Pros:

Zoho Mail is easy to setup and use. The email client has all the features that an expensive one has at a fraction of the cost. Customizing signatures and autoresponders is easy, and using it even in the free version gives a lot of helpful premium features.

Cons:

IMAP and POP features are available only on paid plans.

Alastair
Alastair
Lead Developer in UK
Computer Games, Self Employed

A very useful and free email and calendar solution for those with a custom domain

Comments: Overall my experience with Zoho Mail has been very positive. Its integration with a custom domain was easy, seamless and free which is the real highlight in my experience. It is fast, responsive and comes with a plethora of features and functions that improve the experience. It is clear that they have focused on giving value to their users which is appreciated. I can certainly recommend Zoho Mail for both business and personal use.

Pros:

There are several things I like about using Zoho Mail. Firstly, Zoho allows you to create your own email solution for free using a custom domain. I set up a custom domain on a domain registrar and I searched for a free email solution that let you use your new domain. Zoho Mail was the email solution I chose as the instructions for setting it up for use with a custom domain were very easy and quick to set up. In addition, email hosting using Zoho with your domain is also free, which is a huge plus. I also like that Zoho Mail features several other functions in its email client - including Calendar, Notes, Contacts and Tasks. All of which are useful and make Zoho Mail even better and more intuitive to use. As an email client, it is also extremely quick and responsive as should be expected from a decent email client. I also like that Zoho Mail has a mobile app that integrates seamlessly with your account and sends notifications and functions exactly how you'd expect a mobile email client app to work. In addition, Zoho also has a huge range of preferences, settings and view options to tinker with to customise your experience which is appreciated. Though it can take quite a while to set everything to your liking. Also, as a small aside, Zoho Mail doesn't include any ads whatsoever, which is appreciated.

Cons:

What I like least about Zoho Mail is its user interface. It is not bad by any means and it's fairly clean and intuitive to use - however, it can seem a bit alien and unfamiliar. Coming from other email clients like Outlook and Gmail, Zoho's interface is not as intuitive as these and is missing some shortcuts that I've grown familiar with on other email clients. However, once you grow familair with the interface and how Zoho Mail works, it is perfectly fine for everyday use and could well become your go-to email solution.

Tim
PM in Kenya
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

An affordable communication suite, practical for very small upto medium organisations

Comments: Zoho has been an affordable email and collaboration suite that just does the job it meant to do. It serves well a single freelancer working alone as well as a medium enterprise with multiple users and departments. If you go beyond its capabalities, then you can probably afford the next best albeit expensive options. If you can work entirely on the web it is very versatile. The support provided is also more than you will get from most other service providers, especially if you dont have a dedicated IT team.

Pros:

Beyond the initial setup which required a bit of knowledge, there is rarely anything else that will stump an low tech user. Working with Email and other collaboration features is simple and straight forward. There was no issue with spam as it is able to catch and categorise correctly 98% of the time.

Cons:

If you use an email client like outlook,which is the most popular for business users, you loose out on all the collaboration features which are only available on browser access.

Roger
Niche Growth Facilitator in Canada
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Powerful and Easy to Use Email

Comments: This solved my problem with spam control, and more reliable email delivery.
Zoho Mail is a powerful, yet easy to use email service that provides a number of features for me as business (and private consumer) user. It offers excellent scalability, making it perfect for businesses with large volumes of email traffic. You can also use Zoho Mail to create and send newsletters, as well as manage your contact lists. The service integrates well with other Zoho applications, making it easy to keep all of your data in one place. I migrated all email accounts from cPanel services, which was an incredible bonus! If you're looking for an affordable and reliable email service for your business, Zoho Mail is definitely worth considering.

Pros:

It's easy to scale as business and the number of employees grows. Also it handles large volumes of email very well. Just about the best anti-spam email every used (in my opinion). When needed, it's easy to integrate with other Zoho (and outside third party) applications. Super easy to migrate cPanel based email to this product. Also... It's ridiculously affordable!

Cons:

It would be nice if there was a more initiative UI to authenticate custom domain names. It's not difficult, but can be a bit fiddly to do for someone that has no knowledge.

Sreejith
Sreejith
Director IT Operations in India
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Best email solution for Startup

Comments: It's an years of trust and still going on! We never had any situation to contact the support for addressing any issue.

Pros:

I am using Zoho Mail for years now and there was no issue at all. The mail delivery is good, less spam and can control everything at Control Panel. Easy to use and configure for Admins in terms of management, Security features, multi-domain email hosting, Domain name striping (really good feature), Mobile App with basic management feature, Email Groups, SPAM control etc. We haven't experienced any mail drops or mail reputation issue so far ( 3-4 years). Another advantage with Zoho is the integration with other Zoho App and 3rd party applications.

Cons:

Easy to use and easy to configure for admins. It would be good if some more features are added in Zoho Mail Admin mobile app.

Dakota
Developer in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Inexpensive Mail Solution

Comments: My overall experience integrating and using Zoho Mail was good. The support was a little slow when I had issues but answered any questions I had fully. Since we have a simple use case the limitations weren't a big issue but they may limit us going into the future.

Pros:

Integrating Zoho Mail into our simple use case was fairly easy. We required a way to send and receive email under our own custom email and Zoho allowed us to do that. They provid the IMAP/POP3 protocols so we could send and receive email without having to switch from Gmail.

Cons:

I didn't like that I would have to purchase more email accounts to setup extra inboxes. We needed this service to replace the email service offered by a shared web hoster which allowed us to create unlimited accounts as long as we didn't exceed our storage limit, so it was a difficult limitation to get used to.

Vlad
Head of Digital in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Zoho has played a huge part in my business ventures for the past 4 years.

Comments: Amazing

Pros:

I have built 5 companies in the past 4 years. For each one, I have used Zoho and have utilised different products including Mail, Inventory Manager, the HR platform and more. It is amazing how seamless the intergration between these products is and how user friendly the platform is, providing what seems like hundreds of different products. Although I have a technical background, many of my employees do not and yet they can manage customising and setting up new domains fine. Zoho will always have my heart!

Cons:

Nothing really, at points it might be frustrating when I make mistakes in integration setups, but this is on me haha.

Theo
CEO in Austria
Computer Software, Self Employed

The free email plan that offers everything

Comments: If you're a business owner or maybe just a private consumer who is looking for a reliable and cheap (or free) email solution, THIS IS THE WAY TO GO!
I have used many email providers before (GMX, Yahoo, Firemail, msn, Aol) and I can confidently say that this has been the best option for me. It has IMAP Sync, a nice interface and a lot of features.

Pros:

- Very intuitive user interface - Well-built applications for web, mobile and PC - POP3/IMAP support WITHOUT needing to pay - Sync is really fast

Cons:

- Spam folder sometimes flags harmless emails, especially private emails with shorter subjects and less content

Ashish
Ashish
IT Head in India
Online Media, 11–50 Employees

Best Email Management and Marketing Solution for Startups with Signature Management

Comments: I use Zoho Mail for over ten different websites and am quite satisfied with pricing and privacy. 2FA authentication was important for me, and hence Zoho really helps.

Pros:

It's the best tool for Email Management and costs only 1$ per user, which is really cheap with great latency. Zoho used to miss some of the emails during 2013-14, but they significantly improved the quality of service and their DNS servers. Currently, Zoho is anytime better than Outlook Email for Business. I am highly satisfied with customer care which is only a call away for any assistance. They even got android and iOS applications which is a big plus.

Cons:

The only possible thing about this software that you might not like is integrating third-party applications. While Zoho CRM is very much vast and covers most of the business needs, there is a great room for improvement in integrations.

Claire
Spiritual Mentor and Coach in US
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

Excellent Value

Comments: I started using Zoho Mail in 2014 when I wanted to have emails come from my domain name. I have no regrets. It's affordable, comes with many helpful features, and their support is always helpful.

Pros:

Ease of use and affordable cost as well as the features. I can schedule emails to go out later. If I don't want to make a template because although sending out multiple emails it's just a one-off situation, I can use the "send as new email" feature. It also has good security. I like that I can sync with Outlook, which took care of the desktop issue for me. That's just part of it. They keep improving.

Cons:

When Zoho Mail rolled out their desktop version, I was excited, then disappointed when I realized I had to be online to access it.

Internet, Self Employed

Excellent for managing multiple email addresses

Comments: I love Zoho Mail. Before I found it, I had lots of trouble managing multiple email accounts on a few different computers.

Pros:

I can make several different email addresses very easily with Zoho Mail. Gmail limits you to five email addresses in one account, but I manage much more than that with Zoho. I can access it from any computer or from my phone. I've been using it for about 7 years I think, and it has made a huge difference in my business.

Cons:

Zoho Mail can do so much that it can be a little difficult to set certain things up because there are so many different settings. A few times I've had trouble with something that I thought shouldn't be that complicated. But thankfully Zoho's support is good and they've helped with any questions I've had.

Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Uses of Zoho Mail

Comments: very exciting experience. Especially on Security

Pros:

Ease of use is the best character of the system

Cons:

It is generally good in every sense. We use only few services.

Benjamin
Benjamin
Director of Information Technology in US
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Overall a great email solution but with it's quirks

Comments: We switched from an isp hosted email account because after many years the isp could not keep up with the times, were lacking ssl support, storage space was obismally small, and support took days to solve even the smallest issues where I could actually determine what needed to be fixed on their end before they could. Zoho mail has taken all of that off of my plate, allowed me an easy way to manage most features company wide in single steps, and anytime I had a question support was always available to help, and even if their support couldn't fix problems we were having (such as the streams function) they have always been polite, professional, and eager to help any time of day or night. If you're looking for an inexpensive but feature rich email suite for your company or even for the individual I couldn't recommend these guys more even with the minor quirks we have experienced.

Pros:

The value for the money is obvious once you start using the software. Features for even the lowest tier paid plans include white and black lists, spam filtering, mailing lists, custom groups for email accounts, and a plethora of other things. Absolutely worth the measly cost they charge per year. Out of the box you have full control via the admin panel to enable or disable pop or imap, create unlimited aliases per email, add signatures and company wide disclaimers to emails. They have their own web interface, desktop and mobile applications that come included as well. One if my absolute favorite features is the zohomail admin application for mobile which allows me to, in seconds, change any employees password if they forget it regardless of where I am. Ssl, dkim, spf, are all available out of the box as well.

Cons:

One of the most frustrating features of the software is the Streams feature. You can compare this to an email client trying to merge email with their own version of social media. For those looking for a feature such as this it may not be a huge issue for you, however I run IT for approximately 100 users and not a single person wants this feature, the problem being is it comes turned on by default. Shut it off you say? If it were that easy I wouldn't be so annoyed by it. There is no admin level switch to turn off streams company wide. To do so every single user must individually log into the web application, find the streaming filter, and shut it off manually one by one... The stream feature creates 2 folders called notifications and newsletters automatically that begins sorting mail based on zohos own specifications. If you have employees who are older and not tech savvy it is extremely difficult to train everyone to check 3 different folders (including inbox) for their mail when everything use to be located in the inbox alone. After browsing through forums, support threads, etc it appears many companies and users have begged for an off switch company wide due to the exact same issue we still are plagued with for years now, however nothing had been done to rectify this time consuming and hassle of s "feature".

Tomasz
Company Director in Ireland
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Zoho Mail: feature-packed, customizable online e-mail client

Comments: It was a great service until Zoho decided completely revamp the interface a few years ago. Someone somewhere said Mobile First as if desktop users went extinct from Sunday to Monday. But if your job is to reply to 300 email per day, you do rely on desktop! So the revamp had a lot or me-too, half-baked ideas borrowed from other email providers that were implemented in hurry with no respect to users. There was a bloodshed on Zoho boards and Zoho started closing threads as "solved" (as you do). The technical support response time went from days to weeks. Zoho approach was: "well, try using it for some time, get used and we are sure you will like it!" Nasty. For some time I went back to use the email client on my server. Then, very slowly, step by step, Zoho started improving what they broke in the first place. Rolled back a few old features. Added a few new ones people have requested for months. And you know what, it is a great email client now, admittedly better than it was, even though some problems have never been fixed. All in all the major crisis it is a happy marriage now.

Pros:

It is a reliable email client that lets me send and receive emails from multiple domains. I rely on templates a lot and they can be neatly nested. Importantly Zoho is ahead of Google when it comes to features such as scheduling emails for example (because a group of avid users, including myself, kept bringing this up on forums and finally Zoho took it up or so it seems to me anyway). Tagging and flagging works like a charm, you can have multiple, nested folders, multiple signatures. Also, threaded view is an option that can be easily turned off, which I do really appreciate as I still have not figured out how to turn it off in Gmail. Finally, the technical support is prompt and helpful.

Cons:

My biggest gripe is that you must have one domain parked on Zoho to be able to use it. Secondly POP3/SMTP/IMAP are supported so you can send and receive emails from other domains, too, but you won't avail of collaborative features of Zoho Email. I was told by Zoho tech support that unless I move the domain to Zoho, I won't be able to set up a master email account from which I could push or tag emails for attention of other staff. So we do keep forwarding emails as if 90s were not over yet! The reason why I am not moving the domain to Zoho is my past experience with Zoho. Admittedly over the years the service is much more reliable with less or literally no downtime, but I did suffer in the past and I do prefer to keep the copies of emails on the server that is not with Zoho just in case. Finally, the mobile app - many features are not part of it. So you need the desktop after all. I rely on desktop anyway but it is shocking that in this day and age, Zoho does not get mobile experience right

Alex
Alex
Systems Analyst. in Colombia
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Reliable and very secure email hosting service.

Comments: Since we use Zoho Mail, we can collaborate and communicate with total tranquility and full confidence with team members and customers when required, we can share very easily all the information concerning the development of activities in our work environment, without having to worry that it can be violated, all thanks to the protection methods that Zoho Mail imparts that are highly secure and foolproof and with the advantage that all our information is hosted on Zoho servers, really the overall experience of using this service is very pleasant and positive from all points of view.

Pros:

It is an excellent email hosting service, it is easy to implement and use, it is suitable for anyone to use regardless of their level of technological knowledge, it provides all the necessary security to keep information safe, it is flexible, it allows you to create personalized and professional looking email accounts, it provides an intuitive and very tidy UI in which I can navigate smoothly and quickly find what I need, its seamless integration with other native tools is exceptional and allow us to complete our work activities quickly, not to mention how it favors team collaboration.

Cons:

I have been using Zoho Mail for several years and I have not managed to find something to dislike, to be honest Zoho Mail provides us with everything we need:1- Security: our information is always safe.2- Accessibility: we can easily and quickly access the information.3-Organization: all the information is in order.4- Easy to use5- It favors the collaboration and communication with our work team.6- It is a stable solution.7- Its great capacity of delivery.8- Its technical support is timely and very efficient.Zoho Mail meets all our expectations and does an excellent job as an email hosting service so I have nothing negative to comment.

Nilesh
Director in India
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

Regular user of zoho mail since 2018

Comments: I am very happy with using it since 2018....I shal recommend it to use it ones you will forget gmail and all.

Pros:

It is very easy to use and can be use in mobile as well... So no need to moniter desktop for mail, It is as easy as to handle wallet in pocket .

Cons:

There is no such thing as regular user I found in zoho mail.