15 years helping Australian businesses

About lemlist

lemlist is the go-to tool for cold outreach, enabling direct inbox access and get replies.

Learn more about lemlist

lemlist ratings

4.5
4.6
4.4
4.6

8.6/10

lemlist has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 378 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used lemlist before?

Jamie
Jamie
Head of Growth in UK
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Great for small marketing & sales teams

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

It’s easy to create campaigns with both email and LinkedIn automations in a simple workflow. Offers A/B split testing, contact enrichment & verification (emails and LinkedIn profiles) and removes a lot of manual data cleansing work.

Cons:

It’s difficult to manage contacts across different campaigns (eg automatically add contacts to another campaign if they do X in a different campaign).

Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Easiest bluk email tool for those with little experience

Comments: My team uses lemlist to run some of our email campaigns. Even though email outreach isn't our primary area, we were very quickly able to get to grips with it thanks to the simpe interface. All in all, it's a very simple but effective outreach tool

Pros:

I just love how simplistic the interface is. It's definitely ahead of its time in that aspect. It make sit very easy to quickly set up and track email campaigns.

Cons:

I found its features a bit lacking considering the price. I think it would be better if there were supplementary features added to make the email campaigns work more effectively. Namesly, the email validator, which costs extra for some reason

9 months ago

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on lemlist. We're delighted you appreciate our simplistic interface for setting up and tracking email campaigns. We understand your feedback about additional features and pricing. We're always looking to enhance our offerings and your input matters. We're taking note of your comments about the email validator and will consider its value in future updates. Your support is invaluable as we aim to provide effective tools for outreach. We're committed to continuous improvement and your insights contribute to that. If you have more to share, please reach out anytime. Here's to more successful campaigns with lemlist!

Ben
Ben
Founder in Portugal
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

Terrible customer support and they removed a key feature we were using.

1.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I would not recommend them to anyone. Especially for how many great companies are out there that do what they already do.

Pros:

I used Lemlist for several years and I liked it. Their email editor was easy to use, and apart from little annoyances, I was a happy user.

Cons:

Their customer support is incredibly friendly and utterly incompetent. Their support is not technical and only relays what their technical people tell them, so you can never get a straight answer on anything. I could point them to specific problems and I would be told vague answers and never get a resolution. I finally had to give up on several key problems and just move to a new provider. The final straw was they removed support for a type of email connection (SMTP) they had supported. They did this without warning and in a way that broke their UX so that I couldn't create any new campaigns or update login/password info for those connection methods. They refused to grandfather me in, which is their right, but they also didn't refund me for the massive pain they caused our operations team. I politely reached out to their [sensitive content hidden] to chat with them and never heard back anything. Given how often they invited users to contact them, I was a bit surprised.

Carla
Digital Marketing Specialist in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Lemlist - Cold Emailing Solution

Comments: A great solution to engage inactive leads

Pros:

-Easy to Use -Several features -Integration with LinkedIn -Data Base

Cons:

-Email limitation by day -Report not easy to use

Armando
Strategy & Operations in Spain

My experience with Lemlist

Comments: It's a compelling platform to provide cold-emailing campaign to several clients.

Pros:

Easy to use and easy to integrate with other helpful platforms as Dropcontact or Sales Navigator.

Cons:

The setup of DMARC, CTD is not super intuitive.

9 months ago

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your Lemlist experience. We're pleased that you've found our platform user-friendly and well-integrated with tools like Dropcontact and Sales Navigator. We appreciate your feedback about the setup of DMARC and CTD not being as intuitive. We're continuously refining our platform's usability and your input helps tremendously. It's great to know that having all the features in one place is valuable to you. We're dedicated to providing a comprehensive solution for cold-emailing campaigns. Your insights are valuable as we work to enhance our platform further. We'll make sure to address the issues you've raised to improve the overall user experience. Thank you for being part of the Lemlist community. We're here to support your success.

Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Big fan of this tool. Offering an amazing degree of personaliziation

Comments: Lemlist was extremely helpful in personalizing outreach at scale. You get a lot for your money. Extra features like the pods or super fast customer service make this tool a no-brainer when it comes to cold outreach.

Pros:

Degree of personalization; bulk import & export functions; extremely helpful customer service (quick & effective responses)

Cons:

The only thing about this software which was not to rate five stars was the design (UI). Used light-grey and white elements were sometimes hard to find..

Caleb
Caleb
Owner in US

Lemlist Rocks!

Comments: Warming up campaigns is definitely one of the biggest wins. I love how you can still use lemwarm even after warming up a campaign to keep your inbox engaged and healthy. The statistics for lemwarm and many others make it very easy to keep your inbox happy and healthy. The dynamic images and pages definitely help break the normal boring messages that most of us have all received at some point. It creates a very personal touch even if it is automated. They amount of templates available straight out of the box, definitely helps someone get started.

Pros:

The ease and flow of the UI/UX is absolutely beautiful. Very Dynamic software and very creative with dynamic images and Landing Pages. One of the biggest things that brought me to the platform from using a different service is "Lemwarm" and the ability to automatically warm up your inbox before getting ready to launch a campaign. So many amazing features. There was definitely thought and intention with the entire platform to embody everything needed to launch a "cold" email campaign that doesn't feel so cold.

Cons:

Downsides? What downsides? ;) i definitely haven't found anything about the platform or Lemlist, that I don't love!

Nicholas
Fitness Research Director in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Favorite email solution

Pros:

Everything from the ease of use, the functionality, and the teams dedication to always making significant improvements to the product.

Cons:

The only issue I had was when I would load up prospects for a campaign and find there was an error, it was terribly difficult to fix that error. Thankfully, with a recent update, you can now rollback uploads which has saved me on more than one occasion.

Andre
Account Executive in South Africa

Lemlist is awesome

Comments: Great!

Pros:

It's simply, easy and fun to use! The service is great too.

Cons:

I like everything about Lemlist! I like everything about Lemlist!

Marc
Marketing Manager in France
Internet, Self Employed

Superb outreach tool

4.0 last month New

Comments: Overall it's an awesome tool with great options and [sensitive content hidden] is always adding new features and support is great.

Pros:

It's a really complete tool with everything you need for outreaching.

Cons:

Maybe it's like of automation for linkedin messages

Lars
CTO in Germany

I love this tool!

Comments: Lemlist is an easy solution to integrate my CRM with my email list while personalizing my campaigns. My CRM automatically gets filled with new leads, I write a personalized icebreaker message and the rest is done by Lemlist automatically.

Pros:

Lemlist was very easy to set up. I got my first campaign running within minutes. It supports my own server (using IMAP) and doesn't require a specific service. Also, the features it provides are really good for doing personalized campaigns - for example, I love being able to personalize the pictures I send to my subscribers. Also, the icebreaker feature has got me several important clients.I needed to contact the support once, but not for a bug but for something I didn't understand at first. Not only did they help me solve all of my problems, they also taught me how to order a beer in French!Awesome product by an awesome team!

Cons:

Lemlist isn't the biggest company and sometimes it shows, their documentation isn't always up to date or lacks minor details. Apart from that, I love Lemlist for what it is and wouldn't change a thing for now.

CEO in UK
Staffing & Recruiting, 2–10 Employees

Very good mass email platform

Comments: Very good.

Pros:

It's easy to set up, the reporting is great and the support is lightning fast.Some cool features with custom images too, which can make campaigns very unique.

Cons:

Nothing really... It's a good platform with no pitfalls I can identify.

9 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with lemlist! We're thrilled to hear that our platform's ease of use, robust reporting, and lightning-fast support have made a difference in your email campaigns. We're constantly working hard to provide features that empower our users to create unique and impactful campaigns, including the ability to add custom images. Your feedback fuels our drive to continue delivering a top-notch experience. We're glad to have exceeded your expectations, and we'll make sure to share your kind words with our team. If you ever have any questions or need assistance, don't hesitate to reach out. Keep achieving great results with lemlist, and thanks again for your support!

Head of Customer Success in South Africa

LemList - Making Cold Mail Outreach Fun

Comments: Overall, we had a great experience with LemList, albeit that for some inexplicable reason, our deliverability stats were lower using the same messaging and prospect targeting as we do with some of the other platforms we are using.

Pros:

Lemlist has a lot going for it as far as an Email Outreach platform is concerned. As far as outreach automation platforms are concerned, they are one of the better ones out there and some of the features such as reporting are better than their competitors, Woodpecker.co and Reply.io One of the most outstanding features that LemList has that we have not found in any other platform is the use of Liquid Syntax. Liquid Syntax allows you to build multiple version of an outgoing message by adding snippets that express what you are saying in slightly different ways. The Liquid Syntax then randomizes those snippets for each outgoing message, thus creating a new variant of the message so that no two outreach prospects receive the same message. In a world where spam filters eagerly search for copy-cat messaging, this is a game changer.

Cons:

We did find some of the features of the software a little gimmicky. The use of emojis and stuff is a bit "juvenile" and we didn't really see any benefit in using these emoji in our messaging sequences.

Eric
Owner in US

Great tool for lead gen

Comments: Love this tool. I've been generating a consistent number of new leads every week since switching to Lemlist.

Pros:

Easy to use and the customizable images are amazing.

Cons:

The A/B Testing feature is a little confusing

Jug
Jug
Senior Sales Manager in Serbia
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Great product with a VERY dedicated team

Comments: It is refreshing to have a tool which is not a burden but an actual tool that helps me do my job.

Pros:

First of all, the product does everything it says on the box and does it without any hiccups. It is also very clear that the team is working hard on it, improving it every day. I also have to mention the customer support which is the best I've seen in my life, personable, helpful.

Cons:

There are some minor improvements that could be made (and a major one (in my opinion)). I've shared this with their product manager so I'm sure they're on top of it. I also hear it's not the cheapest of tools (I don't handle the budget, but I've heard people complaining :)).

daniel
Founder in Israel
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

incredible experience

Comments: incredibleprofessionalpleasant

Pros:

very simple to usethe site is very inviting costumer service was really on point, I had issues with a few things and they managed to help me figure it out in no time, Even things that are on the email provider's side they explained exactly what I need to explain to them in very simple terms and we were able to figure it out.

Cons:

for me it was a bit complicated.. but im a monkey when it comes to these things so....

9 months ago

Thank you for sharing your incredible experience with us! We're delighted that you found our platform easy to use and inviting. It's fantastic to hear that our customer service was able to assist you effectively, even with email provider-related challenges. Regarding the complexity you mentioned, we understand that technology can be daunting at times. We're continually working to simplify our offerings further. We truly appreciate your support and look forward to helping you with any future needs. Your positive feedback will definitely be shared with our team – they'll be thrilled to know they made a difference in your experience.

Ricardo
Director in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Great online SAAS to help with my email outreach and prospecting

Comments: It does exactly what I need it to in making campaigns while prospecting and allowing me to track everything.

Pros:

I like how simple and easy it is to use and understand. I have picked it up fast and begun making many campaigns sending emails while it tracks everything and even gives me a history log on what happened such as when the specific recipient opened the email etc. The image templates are good as well as you can send images with the recipient's name in and mass send them while Lemlist changes the name on each of the images. Great customer support should you need them answered any questions I had quickly.

Cons:

To be fair there is not really any Cons as it does what it says on the tin and more and is reliable and does everything I need it to do. If I had to be super picky I would say it just needs some borders around the sections to better separate the sections inside lemlist but this is not a big deal as once I'm using it I barely notice.

not the nicest support

Comments: ive been having an issue where i think my ip is blocked on their side so i cant connect any email to their service anymore but they dont seem to know whats happening. weve been on the case for days with my domain name provider and lemlist and its been established that lemlist has an issue but none can do anything. i then ask for a refund but they keep refusing or ignore the request. their service support isnt always available either during their working hours and if youve been talking to someone, none will actually take on your c ase, they'll just tell you to wait for the one whom youve previously dealt with.

Pros:

the tool is useful and user friendly it has nice functionalities but nothing can be done for you if your issue is IT related....

Cons:

the customer support that doesnt seem to know much about issues the tool has and are relieved when they think the problem isnt theirs and kinda tell you to bog off

Volkan
Volkan
CEO and Founder in Türkiye
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Great tool for cold emailing and sequence emails

Pros:

It's very simple to use. It has an easily understandable UI. You can add dynamic text to any images that give you an opportunity to use personalised images.

Cons:

You have one unsubscribe list for all your campaigns. It would be nice to have unsubscribe list for every campaign besides the global one. If you use an automation tool and the tool adds a contact, you can't change the contact's email address. You have to delete the contact and add it manually.

Benjamin
Marketing Director in Poland
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

Lemlist & Lemwarm - Email Marketing to Inboxes

Comments: From email warmup, personalized landing pages, to email campaigns - lemlist does these things they've built really well. If you're trying to scale email marketing from zero, start with their lemwarm for a few weeks and you'll be ready to go.

Pros:

lemlist is great for emailing. If you're trying to connect and speak with an audience who might know about your brand - this is one of the best options. Lemwarm also is one of the best tools to start with a new email address and be able to reach people's top inbox with personalized campaigns.

Cons:

Sometimes support turnaround can take a few hours, but usually they are giving all the answers and suggestions on how to fix your problem. Also, the color update was a big change and really hard to get used to, trying to find where they put new items.

Rohin
Rohin
Lead Consultant in India

Limlist is super powerful saas application which can skyrocket our overall cold emailing & outreach

Comments: I have taken my SEO Outreach to complete new level and its so much helpful too. You can literally see what has clicked, auto follow up etc features are really powerful and interesting.

Pros:

Pros include that we can drip feed emails, custom tags, reporting and specially tracking. This is so much powerful features every marketer want to get successful in their emailing marketing. Their Zapier integration has taken their platform to the next level now. SUPER POWERFUL STUFF i say. Lastly is the image personalization which can convert things really well.

Cons:

Well I want to see more features and a little better dashboard where I can add all my emails as like mailshake rather than login via particular email. I mean mailshake UI is little easy to understand in that case.

Internet, 11–50 Employees

Perfect tool for sales!

Pros:

I love the simplicity of the product. It's very useful and get a lot of response thanks to lemlist.

Cons:

I don't really really like the interface of the design we could have a better user interface and more tools.

Lisa
Email Marketing Manager in UK
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Great platform

Pros:

Allows me to work on campaigns, knowing it's warming my domains and improving the spam rate

Cons:

A bit awkward to initially get set up but only issue

9 months ago

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We're delighted to hear that lemwarm is adding value to your campaigns by improving domain warming and reducing spam rates. While we apologize for any initial setup challenges, we're constantly working to refine the process and enhance your experience. Your feedback is valuable and will be shared with the team. If you ever need assistance, feel free to reach out. Keep up the great work with lemwarm!

Santosh
Santosh
Marketing Manager in India
, 11–50 Employees

Great for sending customised bulk emails, prospecting and engaging existing contacts

Pros:

I really like the customisation that's built in. I chose Lemlist for our sales team to be able to send bulk prospecting emails and that's resulted in a massive increase in replies. What I really like most about Lemlist is the feature that checks the validity of email addresses which is missing in most other tools - and this is extremely crucial when prospecting.

Cons:

- The main downside is a missing integration with Zapier. I see Lemlist as a powerful tool in a growth hacking briefcase and with a missing Zapier integration, this disables our team from doing stuff like like contact form via Zapier to Lemlist. - Unable to export contacts. Nothing else.

Nate
Ops Director in US
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

Some Great, Some Frustrating

Pros:

This is really good for split testing emails. Once you get the hang of it and how the interface works, then it works really nicely, however the learning curve is kinda high. We are currently using to test out subject line conversions and offer responses.

Cons:

This only works for closed lists - once you upload you list you can add to it, but not really edit it, which is kind of annoying. You also can't add attachments to the campaigns which somewhat limits how much we can test.