• Overall

About Nifty

Nifty is a new-wave project management tool that reduces project cycles and improves team productivity with all-in-one collaboration.

Learn more about Nifty

Agni C.
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2020

"Very easy to use but powerful"

Comments: We are a smalla gile team so we are always looking for teh best project management tool that can help us collaborate without juggling btween 10 differnt tools.
Nifty servers the pupose of making it possible to bring everyone of our team ona single page specially when we are remote.

Pros: This is what our team liked about it
1. Easy leaning curve
2. Chat feature within the system.
3. Google drive files can open in the same interface , our content team could join the same group
4. The design is great.
5. Support is fast and helpful(I had asked whether the sidebar could be collapsed and teh reply came quick on intercom)
6.integration with Github.
7. The feature to lock certain tasks to ceratin task completion.
8. The mobile app is really nice , I was able to use the chat while travelling.

Cons: These are few of things we didnt like
1. No integartion with Gitlab yet.
2. The zoom call feature is pretty useless ebcasue it is nto native yet basically you just geta link to join . Initially I found it buggy.
3. The templates should have preview option , also I would liek to have templates around OKR's
4. Chat within the Projects is sometimes confusing , also discussion on any pertitcualr task .. If a log is provided for teh same it would be easier to follow..
5. If we can access Gdrive files directly from nifty it woudl be nice.

Alternatives Considered: ClickUp, Ora and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Nifty: Design and Chat feature

Switched From: Freedcamp

Reasons for Switching to Nifty: better pricing , nice design and easy to implement.

Product Manager
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2020

"Great All in One Solution"

Pros: It's really helpful that everything is in the same place, and I don't have to switch between 4 different things to get the same level of functionality.

Cons: There isn't a migration tool from Jira, yet.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2020
Dave C.
Managing Member
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"Great for both big and small businesses"

Comments: As a former corporate executive and as a current small agency owner, I can see how Nifty will work for teams of any size and improve project success as it provides strong organizational oversight for employees as well as clients

Pros: Its a feature-rich tool with enough flexibility to cover many use cases while having an extremely low learning curve - allows me to replace and stop using a few other tools

Cons: Would like to see a few more integrations, but product updates happen rapidly and are well communicated, so its likely only a matter of time

Bella W.
Writer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"Aptly named - Nifty is the next big thing in product management"

Comments: Nifty takes care of every aspect of project management. I definitely recommend this software to any business.

Pros: Super easy to set up, and a huge help with project deadlines and team communication. The roadmap feature is the perfect way to reflect on your work as well.

Cons: There are no huge cons, but it would be great if there was a better way to use the app on mobile.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Allen G.
Professor
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2021

"Was Good but Getting Buggier"

Comments: We have submitted several support requests to Nifty and have yet to receive a response from their support team. This is usually not a good indicator of the continued health of a company. I had high hopes for this product but I'm starting to become quite concerned.

Pros: The user experience is actually quite good. They have a well-designed product that is easy to use and seems to be well thought out.

Cons: Support is non-existent. The apps are getting buggy. The desktop app wants to be updated, all the time, even though it is the latest version. The Android mobile app won't even open after the last update. In general, the quality of the mobile apps is lacking. If you have multiple projects, it can be difficult to tell them apart.

• Reviewed on 30/01/2021
Daniel B.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2020

"i just replaced a ton of apps with nifty"

Pros: many features packed in a very beautiful UX/UI
i'm doing everything between time tracking, milestones, reporting at the moment, and i know i'm only using a tiny bit of what it can do for me.
loving it.

Cons: it's still a new product, so there are some hickups, but the support is fast and the rate of development is really fast.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2020
Aviva K.
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Mac of Project Management!"

Pros: The User experience and design was spectacular! It enabled my entire team to begin using and understanding the tool instantly.

Cons: Would like to see more integrations, looks like there will wait them out because nothing better on market as of now.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Joon k L.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2020

"Quick and easy project management and team collaboration tool!"

Pros: I love the ease of use and simplicity. It's easy to set up, it's easy to use, and it's easy to work with. I love that you can access Google Docs and Sheets from within the platform itself. The team chat has replaced Slack for me, saving me some monthly expenses (It can't replace Slack completely if you're using Slack for notifications, which I am).

Cons: I've run into some minor bugs and issues but I'm hoping the team will fix things up soon.

Alex M.
CEO / Producer
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"Best app for your buck"

Comments: Myself and the team love it. We are using it for project development, marketing and content. We love the app.

Pros: I compared project management for months. I have tried the really expensive ones and the free ones. Nifty compares to the high end project management tools since it has much more than what you could expect for the price range. The user interface it’s what it attracts me the most since I was about to sign up with Monday before I saw Nifty. I totally recommend Nifty.

Cons: The user interface is great, however, I would like the interface to occupy more screen room when it comes working on the specific folder ( project ) I choose. Minor details.

Ayana R.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2020

"Awesome Customer Support and Ease of Use"

Comments: I was impressed that the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] send me a personal email asking me how I liked Nifty-PM. That is almost unheard of. That will always stand out that Nifty-PM cares about it's customers and they are not just income on their P & L.

Pros: Customer Support and that I can have everything my team needs in one place. We have our brand materials, projects, affiliate launch details and so much more. I like that it sends me reminders when I have a task due.

Cons: There is a bit of a learning curve, but like anything that is powerful the time invested is worth investing.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Nifty: Their funtionality and their price was better.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2020
Joseph K.
Digital/Translation Specialist
Translation & Localization, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"All in one project management tool"

Comments: Superb tool, very generous on storage 100GB. Unlimited is the key and it makes it so easy to use the tool with little worry.

Pros: This tool has almost every component needed in a PM software. For starters the unlimited guest and clients feature has been my most useful, also unlimited projects makes it even more exciting since you are not tied to a number. I can add as many tasks and milestones as i like and even more i am able to add recurring tasks that align to my milestones. Team chats makes it easier to stick to one communication channel and avoid opening 100s of email threads whenever we are discussing a project. Ability to add docs and files right in the project space is super useful. Finally, i can set my budget and this works as a reminder of how much i charged a client.

Cons: Sometimes when i use a pre-saved template completing the milestones is somehow impossible, navigating and ustilising all the features needs a bit of learning and it needs time to become really good at using the tool.
CNAME has long been delayed its still on their road map for a long time.

• Reviewed on 24/11/2020
Giulio D.
Ceo
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2020

"A tool that i really love"

Comments: Nifty helps me to always on track and organized. I really like also the client view of milestone e tasks that help me to keep customers on track.

Pros: I really love the swimlane view and the milestone. The layout is really great.

Cons: Improve the file sharing with clients and board view.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2020
Lukasz K.
Website Strategist
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"By far my favorite project management tool"

Comments: Overall, I had a great experience.

Pros: It is very easy to use, customize, and begin to incorporate into your business. Tasks page has a nice option where you can filter them by many different attributes. It is nice that project features can be disabled if not needed (milestones, discussions, etc.). I like the integration with Zoom. And also really love the UI/UX.

Cons: I would like it to have CNAME support / custom domain.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2021
Adam P.
PM
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2020

"My go to PM tool of choice"

Pros: Really user friendly, nicely laid out and super easy to invite guests/clients into the project so that we're all crystal clear on progress and working on a single central place which improves my life and senior stakeholders too!

Cons: Teething problems from first use, and starting to input milestones etc without the ability to move easily into another (the right!) workstream. But the support have been really helpful at every step.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2020
Jose luis B.
Marketer
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2020

"Great Project Managment Software"

Comments: It's a very good option to manage projects for a small businesses

Pros: the Design and organizations it's very good. I have been a lot easier for my team to organize and collaborate in the projects since we are using Nifty

Cons: There are not overdue or productivity reports, this is very important for me but they said its coming soon

Alternatives Considered: Asana and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Nifty: The price and the Ltd

• Reviewed on 25/06/2020
Consultant | Pacific Greenpreneurs Programme
International Affairs, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2019

"Finally! The project management platform we've been looking for..."

Comments: Feel like we've tried every project management platform the cloud has on offer - some have proven too complex and cumbersome (expensive bells and whistles we just don't need) or too simplistic for our requirements (we piece together 3-4 different platforms and zaps galore, so fragmented and inefficient). When we discovered Nifty we were overjoyed and it's been a seamless transition. The platform is robust, very intuitive and a pleasure to spend time in. The support team are excellent - very quick to respond, thorough in their answers and genuinely interested in having a dialogue with their customers.

Pros: + Strikes the perfect balance between big-picture planning (roadmap is fantastic) and the daily grind (tasks, files and collaboration).
+ Functionality without the bloat. Can take you from startup to scale.
+ Beautiful interface, very intuitive.
+ Excellent price-point! Worth every dollar.

Cons: No cons. A couple of very minor tweaks would be welcome, but nothing that would stop us using the platform. Plus anything we've queried is already on Nifty's short-term roadmap.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Jeffery K.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2019

"Collaborative and beyond!"

Pros: Nifty enabled me to work in one workspace and has really helped my team be organized and accomplish its milestones.

Cons: The chats on web, mobile and other means are not always so in sync.

• Reviewed on 22/07/2019
Gerry D.
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Client collaboration has never been easier"

Pros: Finally! With Nifty, our clients and team can collaborate in one work space. Now our processes are fully aligned with our to-dos, and we're finally making a step forward from messy email communication. It was really relieving for us that our clients actually love to use the tool and don't have a problem using it. Nifty is helping us understand what actually needs to be done and when. We're moving forward faster and with more clarity. One of the best features (and the place we get the majority of our work done) is the Nifty Project Discussions where we can communicate, share ideas and turn discussions into actionable projects.

Cons: Haven't noticed any so far. We're very happy with Nifty.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2019
Raven W.
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2020

"Slick Product for Client Management"

Comments: I manage all of my teams and clients in Nifty. I love how they are constantly adding new features and integrations. This company is demonstrably passionate about continuous improvement, and I love it!

Pros: I love the abilities to organize by portfolios, add clients, track time, chat with my employees, create custom fields, basically everything.

Cons: *Sometimes* it can be a little glitchy, I'm guessing because they're always adding improvements and updates. But this isn't all that bad at all.

Alternatives Considered: Slack and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Nifty: An employee suggested it.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2020
Devops Engineer
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2020

"Useful project management that combines all of our most important tools"

Pros: We used a number of rather simple tools like trello and a messenging application. None of them had all the things we wanted and if they did they had MUCH MUCH more than we would want and charged MUCH MUCH more. Nifty has had all the features we were using other services for. Tasks, project milestones, discussion, guest users, channels, integrations to tools we use - particularly git repos have all meet our needs. If you use a free version of trello for project management and are looking for something better without adding way more than you need this is a perfect fit. A super easy import from trello. Took 30 seconds

Cons: It is a little less developed than other tools out there - still growing. Updates and improvements are made quickly and the nifty team and support are great at listening to feedback. You may want something like zapier to integrate other items.

Alternatives Considered: Slack, Basecamp, Asana, Trello and monday.com

• Reviewed on 24/07/2020
Sherayn W.
General Manager
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2020

"Nifty is great programming for administering portfolios, delineations, and messages."

Comments: I have used Nifty for business reasons and I imagined that it was valuable since it gives various workplaces under one spot. It is the best application to wander the board. It gives information about the undertaking and it helps with keeping an eye out for adventure improvement. It is maybe the best application for business reasons.

Pros: A prestigious application that is used wherever all through the world, it is my preferred programming like this application has incredible quality. It is significant for email promoting similarly as accommodating for a live talk where we can show up at each other viably and collaborate to complete endeavor at one phase. An astute part, the best bit of the application is the colossal number of a blend. Shrewd contains dashboard, this component is the current rundown. We can similarly say the dashboard is information the official gadget. It contains accomplishment following and it is a strong section in the endeavor the board since accomplishment shows the keys, and guide progress ahead. It gives a significant hold for a monetary master without made plans to trade, and the proportion of peril is close to nothing.

Cons: Nifty has some degree more noteworthy cost than trading the fundamental stock. Time decay is another drawback of cunning. On occasion budgetary expert needs to confront unlimited test since they don't have some other strategy to reduce the danger.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2020
Akhil K.
CEO & Founder
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Perfect for Project Management, Team and Client Collaboration"

Comments: I have used many project management tools like Asana, Zoho Projects, and Trello. But, Nifty is the best I ever used. Now I can easily collaborate with my team, organize projects, collaborate with my clients. Highly recommended!

Pros: Finding an all in one project management tool is a really hard thing. As an agency owner, I can say that this is best project management platform you can get it with this price. I found many unique features that are missing in popular project management tools. For example, the overview page that shows task breakdowns, direct messaging, pre-created project templates, and more! Most importantly, I really love the beautiful UI. The dark mode is really helpful for me!

Cons: Some of the features need to be improved, especially the guest features. Adding features like owner or admin can communicate with guests directly via messaging, customizing guest's permissions in projects, etc.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing Nifty: Because of the feature availability, faster customer support!

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Nifty: Features, and the UI/UX!

• Reviewed on 24/06/2020
Diego D.
Marketing Freelancer
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2021

"Amazing project management software"

Comments: I simply love Nifty. It is my day to day management tool and makes my life so much easier. I would say is something in between Trello and Asana. It is more much more advanced than Trello but keeping it's simplicity and has pretty much the same features than Asana but with a better UX.

Pros: You can change views to see your tasks in a Kaban view, task list, milestones, Gannt project view, etc. But the best thing is that you can have a calendar view with all the tasks of the day/week/month. It has a really good UX and a mobile app to manage everything from your phone. It allows you to see either the teams workload or only your workload which can be especially useful for project managers. It also has many collaborative speaces. You can have conversations either at a task level or at the project level. You can share there links, files, resources... and it also has a specific workspace to share files and have all the project files that you need in one space.

Cons: Overall it has a great UX but there's a few things that could be improved. The calendar view is still a bit basic. I miss having tasks in different colors to prioritise and time-block properly. However, the product has a roadmap and is constantly impoving so I'm sure this is something we will see soon.

Alternatives Considered: ClickUp, Asana, Notion and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Nifty: More features and better price

Reasons for Switching to Nifty: Simplicity, UX, features and price

• Reviewed on 16/03/2021
Yann I.
Consultant
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2021

"A solid project management tool with a lot of room for team communication"

Pros: I originally had known about Nifty before I finally purchased access to through an AppSumo deal months ago. The one thing that has really impressed me is that it's a combination of two tools: a platform for project management and one for team communication. Before signing up for Nifty, I had used quite many different project management tools and none and this unique mix. Sure, in other platforms you can communicate through comments in a task but sometimes you need more room to communicate with other members of your team, both in group and one on one. Nifty does that: one the one side it lets you manage your projects, on the other it facilitates team communication. This is huge because it turns Nifty into a sort of online hub for many aspects of your business.

Cons: While it's true that Nifty can replace several tools one may be using, it's a bit more of a pricey option compared to other project management tools (which may even come with a free tier). Sure, the tool comes with a 14-day free trial but I think that, in order to really see its full potential, a user might need to use Nifty for more than just a couple of weeks before being "sold" on waiting to spend almost $40/month for its lowest pricing level. It goes without saying that this is a company decision but I think that it's something that might potentially drive away users who would end up liking Nifty but just don't give it a chance.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2021
Viktor N.
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2020

"Intuitive, feature-packed project management app!"

Comments: Nifty is already helping improve productivity since switching from the previous, slower app. As we're working on pivoting our business, it's nice being able to track everything and know what we need to work on now. Plus, support is helpful when I need them without long delays.

Pros: Nifty has a very intuitive UI/UX, so it was easy to jump in and start using it right away. Only a few things required me to look it up in documentation or contact support. And support is fast and helpful. It also has almost everything one needs to manage projects, with more stuff on the roadmap for this year. Compared to the previous project management app, Nifty is fast. So it's a lot easier to manage everything without waiting seconds for the data to load. I hated waiting on task info to load previously, and now with a click, it opens the panel and data is already there. I also like how the task panel is organized, with an easy way to add custom fields as needed. I can easily add files (including Google Docs) to tasks, add comments, and change all other info on the fly. One, somewhat hidden, feature I like is markdown parsing in task descriptions and comments.

Cons: My biggest con is that Nifty isn't accessible as of this writing. You can't tab navigate and the color contrast in the light and dark themes is low, doesn't meet WCAG AA standard. So people with certain disabilities won't be able to use Nifty. I've already told support about this, so hopefully, they'll improve/fix this. Other cons are temporary since they are on the roadmap - API, annual recurring tasks, integration with GitLab, CSV import. Should be all implemented by end of 2020.

Alternatives Considered: Jira, Asana, Teamwork and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Nifty: Plutio is a nice app, but it's a business management app with project management functionality. They're adding a lot of features we don't need while project management isn't prioritized. So we decided to go with a dedicated project management app to get features missing in Plutio as of this writing: milestones, dependencies, native mobile apps, ability to group projects (Nifty calls it portfolios), and overall more stable experience. Plutio can be buggy with each update, more like a stable beta version. Nifty is also a lot faster than Plutio.

Switched From: Plutio

Reasons for Switching to Nifty: We've used these over the last few years. Nifty was the right price and the right feature set that we needed. It's easy to use and support is fast and friendly.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2020