Filter by:

• Overall

About Nifty

Nifty is one app with chats, tasks, docs, calendar, & meeting tools to bring your team and clients together in one collaborative place.

Learn more about Nifty

Alberto O.
Alberto O.
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

After Trying a Few PM Tools; This One Stuck

5 last year

Comments: Nifty has been an awesome PM tool for the price point. When compared to other cloud based PM tools such as basecamp, asana, and others this one is the way to go and the many things they have been improving on.

Pros:

Nifty makes Project Management so simple for our team. It provides multiple views either Kanban, List, or others to properly manage a team. Also, the learning curve is very small compared to other robust PM software. The collaborative ability within projects and tasks with Google integration (doc, sheets, etc) is a game-changer. I really like the ease of seeing everything going on and the easy manner in which moving tasks are. The UX and ease of use for this software is top of the line. Especially in dark mode.

Cons:

The cloud-based software can be slow sometimes but definitely nothing to go crazy fussing about. Either way, I believe the Nifty team is working hard to improve it. Also, it would be great to have a CSV upload of tasks/projects.

Alex S.
Sales & Project Management in Japan
Translation & Localization, 2-10 Employees

Looked greener, but totally failing

2 7 months ago

Comments: Basically, terrible. The customer support was helpful at first, and now they just kind of leave our issues hanging and close the ticket. I've asked for a refund, as we would really like to leave the platform, but we cannot get one. We're stuck, and that's about it.

Pros:

The top-down task view was great at first, and exactly what we were looking for.

Cons:

After signing up, we found that with a lot of tasks, Nifty bogs down and has to take a lot of time to load things. Moving things around is sluggish and painful. The top-down task view doesn't add new projects as you add them - you have to go back and readd them to the filter. There are a lot of terrible quirks, like the ios app, like the sidebar disappearing and such. On PC, the sidebar constantly reloads, and kicks you off the page. There are no notifications for DMs on the platform, so you can't go back through your daily messages unless you sign up for email notifications, and even then if you accidentally checked it there's no way to reset it. Adding people to teams is easy enough for the administrator, but people won't see notifications in the chat until they initially click on it. The task does not automatically notify the next person on the list even if there's a dependency. The only way to get it to notify someone is through the kanan. DM windows are too small and unnoticeable. The UI for the my calendar is terrible, since filters from my tasks or even all tasks can affect it. We have to constantly check if filters have been set up right. The tasks list by tag number by default instead of the way you arrange them in the list, making it easy to miss deadlines. You have to sort the list by deadline every time you enter a particular project, and when you have 50+ projects, it's just inane. Nifty does not offer refunds.

Tayshiro K.
Tayshiro K.
Marketing Director in Brazil
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees

Simple enough and complex enough

5 last year

Comments: Nifty helped me to view my projects as projects needs to be, but also is a run and gun tool. You can just open and start populating it as a trello board.

Pros:

You can open and start managing your projects. Their support is fast and attentive. Google Docs/Sheets integration in incredible. It’s simple and quality-oriented. Not too many bells and whistles.

Cons:

It’s not perfect yet. Since I started using it in January, the tool got more robust, but it still lacks some features as some ordering and filtering, but their support is already aware of it so I believe these won’t be a issue in a couple of months anymore!

Joshua L.
Director in Singapore

The absolute best project management software you will ever use

5 last year

Pros:

There are so many pros, I'm not sure where to begin. The experience of the tool so far gives me the vibe that the tool is very mature, but the team is very adaptive and open to new ideas without compromising on their vision. Qualities I can definitely stand behind. So anyway, back to the pros: - Beautiful and FAST interface: When staring at something all day, you want something great to look at. - Fool proof UX: Everything is so easy to use and intuitive. - Milestones Swimlane View: Changed my life and way of doing things - Dark Mode: A must have for me - iOS App: Makes my life a ton easier - Zoom Integration: I wonder why so many other PM tools didn't think of this - Recurring Task, dependencies, and the list goes on so I won't bore you. If I could only praise one thing, I would give mad props to the Nifty team. They have rolled out multiple updates in the span of a month, and have been extremely involved with their community. Every issue I encountered was fixed, and every question I asked was promptly replied.

Cons:

There's only 1 con so far that I encountered. The ability to export to other PM tools. Sometimes we get clients who specifically want to manage their project on Trello or Asana. It would be great if we could export our pre-existing task templates and milestones across for such use cases. It's easy to port in, but not easy (for not) to export out. However, I understand they are already working on this, so we'll just have to wait.

Heather C.
Founder, CEO in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

The system I needed...

5 last year

Comments: I'm impressed with what they offer at the price, and the responsiveness of their team. More, I am thrilled with how Nifty handles guests, and allows me to connect with my customer and collaborators around the globe, without having to buy a bunch more seats.

Pros:

Nifty is easy to use. The way that it is set up with tasks, files, docs and discussion is brilliant. My team took to it like ducks to water, and new team members find their way quickly. It even allows me to simply a project for a new team member, to introduce them to complexities as they go.

Cons:

Nifty is great, and they are working hard. They are not yet what I'd consider mature. Their built-in docs leave a lot to be desired. Their milestone templating doesn't exist, and copying tasks doesn't work as well as it could, sadly.

Kaushal S.
Kaushal S.
Founder & CEO in India
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Awesome Project Managment Tool

5 last year

Comments: Biggest problem we faced was streamlining discussion with clients, stake holders and staff. Using discussion module we have been added to reduce the exchange of emails between clients and our company. Tasks / Milestones Templates have made us to create a particular project easily and quickly

Pros:

Nifty is one of the best project management tool we have used till date. Onboarding Clients as Guests Onboarding clients on Nifty portal is pretty straight forward. With simple few clicks we can add our clients as guests on their respective projects. They can add their tasks and check the overall progress of their project. Tasks Module & Milestones It's easy to create tasks in nifty and at the same time attach a particular task list to a Milestone. We can assign each tasks and its sub tasks to a particular member and create a task dependency , milestone dependency Discussion This is by far - my most favorite module of Nifty. This allows my team to have discussion with clients. Clients can attach their files , comments , leave message about project etc. Docs & Files Docs & Files section helps us to keep all relevant project details in one place. Mobile APP Nifty has a mobile app. It's so user friendly. Using the app , our clients, users can leave their comments attach files on the go.

Cons:

It doesn't offer white label project portal. For few agencies, this might be a deal breaker. Also it doesn't have an Invoice / Payment module built in.

Vitali K.
CEO in Belarus
Accounting, 2-10 Employees

Great PM tool for project manager

5 last year

Comments: We use every day with my team to work on clients' projects. A very convenient and intuitive solution - used to in a couple of days

Pros:

Great project management app - very clean and easy to use interface. Installed and configured in one day. Cool features and features: built-in time tracking, a very convenient hup with files and documents for the project

Cons:

Not enough integration especially webhooks and open API. In development - promised before the end of the year to do

Timur B.
Founder in Canada
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Nice and easy PM tool that is actually enjoyable to use

5 9 months ago

Pros:

Onboarding process is very quick. Just watch a quick tutorial to understand main features and you are good to go. What we like the most is the simplicity of creating and working on the project. You choose which parts you need and disable the ones that you don't. For example, if you have a simple project without the need for Milestones, time tracking etc, you just remove them from your view in one click so that your screen looks nice and tidy. Also, we love the integration with Google docs. Very well done and lets you collaborate on certain documents even without inviting to Nifty. Also, the communication with your teammates made really easy with the ability to tag and comment on every element including files in subtasks. We used several PM tools in the past and almost lost hope to find the one that our small team would be willing to use. Fortunately, we gave Nifty a try and couldn't be happier.

Cons:

Not really. The only thing that could come in handy would be the ability to create the task by sending an email.

Enrico P.
CEO in Spain
Publishing, 11-50 Employees

A very good tool, better than the competitors

4 last year

Comments: Till now I'm very happy about this software, I'm migrating from Freedcamp and I'm missing some of its features but enjoying other that nifty has. I hope that they will improve a lot with their roadmap

Pros:

Nifty is great to manage my team and attribute tasks to every one. I use it with "guests": collaborators who just have to do something simple but I want to monitorize with Nifty

Cons:

They should add some very simple tools, filters or button to make easier the navigation and the user experience. I mean a button to go back at task screen from settings A "order by" button in milestones and tasks etc.

David S.
David S.
CEO in US
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees

Great Tool! Gets me home an hour earlier!

5 2 years ago

Comments: I've tried every tool and this was best

Pros:

The ease of use is fantastic had my employees using Nifty instantly!

Cons:

Could use more integrations for my industry

Allen G.
Allen G.
Professor in US
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees

Updated: Great UX/UI But Serious Security Concerns

3 3 months ago

Comments: I split my project management between to "B-Tier" project management apps--Nifty being one of them. It has, by far, the best look and feel. The project and task views are better than many competitors. The big gotcha is that they apparently don't have the ability to troubleshoot unexpected events. Their integrated blog was hacked back in June and used to send inappropriate messages to the Nifty user base. A couple of weeks ago, I found that a strange project had been created in my account. I sent a support request and, after a couple of days, they wrote me back telling me (in essence) that they couldn't figure out what happened but to change my password and enable 2-factor authentication. So keep in mind that whatever you put on Nifty may not be secure. I use it for personal task planning but probably won't use it to store sensitive information like the encryption keys to shut down the reactor!

Pros:

Out of all of the "B-Tier" project managements platforms, this one has the best UX/UI. They seem to have fixed the stability problems so the product is generally responsive and available.

Cons:

Support could be a little better. They have difficulty troubleshooting "weirdness" (and likely security issues) on the platform. As others have pointed out, the tablet app could use a little TLC. The mobile apps in general can sometimes be weird (like marking tasks complete or being in sync with the web app).

Ivan C.
Ivan C.
CEO in Spain
Computer Software, Self Employed

Nifty powerful pm

5 last year

Pros:

Simple to learn and powerful to use. Milestone, recurring tasks, task dependency. Fast changing from one screen to another. Dark mode. I love this. Very powerful team functions

Cons:

Team members number is low ( 3 with 1 code one of which is the owner) I would like to see more integrations.

Jesus V.
Publishing, Self Employed

Awesome PM tool

5 last year

Comments: Awesome tool that allows you and your team save time and money by organizing your projects in a logical manner.

Pros:

Offers awesome UI and UX, easy to use software

Cons:

Not many native integrations with other softwares

Loan Consultant in US
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

Best PM Ever

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Enabled me to keep track of leads, active tasks expired tasks and view everything from a birds eye. Additionally the UI/UX is stellar.

Cons:

Needed more integrations for my line of work.

Koen V.
Vegan Health Coach in Slovenia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Making taskmanagement a breeze

4 10 months ago

Comments: I have a pleasant experience with working with Nifty. It's easy to use for someone who doesn't have a lot of tech skills. It keeps my tasks and files organized and does what it needs to.

Pros:

What I really like about Nifty is that it has become a one-stop place for everything task related. I can track my own progress, create different tasks and even add files. It's easy to use and to start working with.

Cons:

I have worked with other project management and task management tools that have a bit more oversight in terms of what is a focus right now and different levels of priority. So it's not so ideal for teamwork.

Arnaud S.
Engineering lead in UK

Everything in one place

4 3 years ago

Pros:

I kept looking for software which is more powerful than a trellis board, but doesn’t take a full time trained professional to manage (looking at you Jira!) Nifty fits that perfectly. It’s made a world of a difference to coordination in the team, makes it super easy to build estimated project dependencies and timelines, and most importantly is easy enough to use that you keep those estimates up to date!

Cons:

Nifty is still early! There are some bugs and slowness, but the team has really impressed me with how fast they are to respond to feedback by shipping fixes or updates.

Raji S.
Project Leader in Germany
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Nifty Review - Students Group

4 3 years ago

Comments: All in all everything is structured and in place. Thus there is no distraction like switching from tool to tool like we used to before.

Pros:

The All-in-One structure of this software! It was really difficult to have an overview over every tool we used to before e.g. slack, trello, asana, drive etc. Another point is the milestone overview feature as gantt diagram.

Cons:

Sometimes the Google Documents and Sheets is not function properly.

Santiago V.
Santiago V.
Tech Manager in Argentina
Banking, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Daily tracking of UX/VD team.

3 3 years ago

Pros:

- Simplicity - Easy to use - Clean UI - Milestones make the difference.

Cons:

- Adding some Color tags would help to identify risks or progress - The ability to link somehow to google docs, slides, etc. (we all work on google emails and drive) - Milestones can be improved with a deep sense of status and progress colours. -

Nifty Technologies Response

3 years ago

Hi Santiago! Thanks so much for your review. We're definitely looking to implement color tags down the road. Thanks for the input! I noticed you put a "0" for Customer Support -- have you found our help center and customer support underwhelming? Similarly, do you feel Nifty is poor value for money as your review indicates?

Matt H.
Matt H.
Owner/OPerator in US
Photography, Self Employed

Tried many PMs, love this one.

5 last year

Pros:

Simplicity. Great UI. Free clients. Excellent iOS App.

Cons:

not much at all. I have used it for a few weeks now and have not identified something I want to improve yet.

Brandon L.
CPO in US
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

Loving the experience so far, bravo 👏🏾

5 3 years ago

Comments: So far my experience has been great, I’ve already recommended it to 3 people. Would be cool if there was a affiliate program. Highly responsive support team and constantly improving the product. The UX is better than anything I’ve used so far. Loving the direction the team is going and feel grateful to be with them early in their journey. I think it’s only going to get better.

Pros:

Gif functionality, how everything functions on the same interface and the general UX.

Cons:

Loadtimes and docs functionality can be improved.

Paola V.
Director in UK
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

Great project management platform

5 last year

Pros:

- Unlimited guests and collaborators - Kanban view and calendar - Time tracking

Cons:

A bit of a learning curve but I got used to it quickly

Alexandre P.
Professor in Brazil
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

Very nice PM!

5 last year

Pros:

Easy to use, Grantt, Tasks, Files, and Communications with team and clients.

Cons:

Project File area could have a folder organization.

Liridona P.
Project Manager in Sweden
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Good with some blind spots

4 3 months ago

Pros:

Nifty is fairly easy to use and works as well on mobile as it does on desktop . The search function work amazingly and the log-keeping for done projects is top-notch .

Cons:

The interface is clustered with too many features ,most of them not really that useful .The time tracker is buggy and inaccurate .Nifty is also lackluster when it comes to the reporting functions .

Greg F.
Greg F.
Founder in US

Necessary entrant into a competitive market

5 2 years ago

Pros:

very thoughtfully laid out easy onboarding shows that creator really understands the difficulties of team collaboration and what it means to provide a real workspace

Cons:

so far nothing. it really delivers on everything its promising

Adam G.
Adam G.
Director in Poland

Fast and helpful PM tool for business needs

5 4 months ago

Comments: All in all, I quite enjoy working inside Nifty and using it for almost all of my business projects and tasks.

Pros:

For me the most important are: - time tracking feature for each task, which allows us to track exact time needed to complete certain processes - internal chat - which is helping us communicate without email, - kanban and list view - which are essential, - also swimlane and calendar views - are great additions - Nifty docs - which allow creating internal documents - ability to import Gdrive docs and sheets - and to work with them inside Nifty - nice looking dark mode

Cons:

What I'd like to see /or have improved in Nifty: - improved subtasks - ability to create sub-subtasks - more dependency options - only basic is available - "if A isn't completed, block B" - more reminder options - utilizing email and SMS - Nifty lacks the ability to drag the screen left and right with left mouse button by clicking anywhere (you have to click on the narrow bottom bar and drag your screen this way which isn't v. convenient)