Google Cloud Platform Reviews

• Overall

About Google Cloud Platform

Cloud Platform is a set of modular cloud-based services that allow you to create anything from simple websites to complex applications.

Learn more about Google Cloud Platform

Showing 1,087 reviews

Jon C.
Front End Software Engineer II
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2017

"Robust ecosystem of tools with easy UI"

Comments: Rock solid cloud infrastructure with solutions for 90% of use cases.

Pros: The UI and docs of google cloud platform are, in my opinion, the easiest to understand among all cloud providers. As a developer that translates in to faster go to market of product and faster debugging of any arising issues. This gives our customers a more resilient product with features reaching them sooner.

Cons: The bandwidth (network egress) costs are astronomical. Additionally I would love to see a "given this usage, your bill will be X". One Friday I set up a proof of concept flexible app engine environment and logged back in on Monday to see that I had blown through the free tier and was being charged for usage.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2017
Commercial Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

"Google Cloud is great!"

Pros: My team uses the Google Cloud platform on nearly a daily basis, and is the simplest way to get those who are not necessarily tech savvy to be able to join in on information sharing amongst teams in real time. It just takes a simple set up for either a spreadsheet to be shared, a document, or hard files that can be accessed, and is extremely intuitive and updated in real time. By far one of the most used pieces of software at our firm.

Cons: Nothing so far! Everything has been a breeze to use, and visually appealing as well.

Graham T.
Paralegal
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2017

"Reliable Cloud Platform"

Comments: A great cloud-based digital document management system from a reputable source. I have used several cloud-based management systems in past employment situations, Google's is top notch. It can be synced with Google Calendar, Gmail, etc. It is accessible from anywhere with a data connection and makes attaching documents through Gmail a breeze. Google Cloud Platform: simple and effective.

Pros: Reliability of access. Security and ease of use.

Cons: Monthly costs associated with digital storage, but that is par for the course if used in a business setting.

• Reviewed on 05/01/2017
Ilyas P.
IT Architect
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2019

"No headache after migrating to GCP, Easy to use"

Pros: Google Cloud Platform is easy to use and a great solution that completes all our cloud-related requirements. GCP's interface is superb and everyone can learn it easily by going through their control panel and documentation. Creating Linux or windows based virtual machines can be done in a few clicks and there are multiple ways for connecting to virtual instances also. All the basic server related tasks like managing IP's, Firewall etc can be done easily from the same panel.

Cons: Price of Google Compute Engine bit higher compared Amazon

• Reviewed on 29/08/2019
Head of IT Operations & Technology
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/07/2018

"A powerful platform specifically for Platform as a Service applications"

Comments: We use it for clinical trial recruitment on a national scale.

Pros: Having met Google's Chief Engineer and heard his passion for how their global services are architected on a global scale I can't emphasise enough how outstanding their platform really is, as he put it we are only limited by the laws of physics in terms of data speed. We use it specifically for a clinical trials recruitment service using PaaS. The system scales perfectly on demand and is reliable.

Cons: I would recommend Google for PaaS but would be less inclined to recommend IaaS where AWS is without question the leader in this space.

• Reviewed on 03/07/2018
Sam Z.
Freelance
Animation, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2020

"Of the Bigger Companies, I Do Like Google"

Comments: I use Google Cloud for everything. Storing written work, photos, email, pretty much all my day-to-day activities are thanks to Google Clous.

Pros: Google makes good stuff, and they have a ton of different apps to meet all your needs. The way it's organized is fantastic, you have you documents, mail, Google Voice, everything all in one spot. Plus you can link multiple accounts, making it easy to integrate all your work tools.

Cons: Sometimes switching between profiles can be a little tricky depending on what you're using. I feel that is one area they could improve, but otherwise it's pretty great.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2020
Chiara M.
Senior UX/UI Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2019

"The swiss army knife of digital tools"

Pros: I've being using G Suite and Drive storage as well as file stream at the last 3 agencies I've worked at. The power behind it GC is how it's powerful component parts come together to integrate seamlessly almost like a digital swiss army knife. There is no need for external automations, patches or anything of the sort, all apps and storage options work together, sync to each other opening up a new frontier of productivity.

Cons: As a Designer, I would love additional level of control on visual assets for G Suite. Like colour libraries, typeface centralised styles and image placeholders.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2019
Sabrina P.
Executive Assistant
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2021

"From Apple to Google"

Comments: The Google Cloud Platform is easy to locate anything you want to keep in a safe space without taking storage space on your actual devices. Even using Apple products, you can still use a Google Cloud platform for easy access to your files. I would highly recommend using this software.

Pros: Since switching from using all Apple to switching to an Android, Google products and software have been my go-to. Everything being stored in one central location, it is more user friendly for using and accessing/storing work or professional documents.

Cons: Some Androids are more savvy to Microsoft products which can be confusing for some as to where they decide to store their files, but choosing Google Cloud is the way to go.

• Reviewed on 05/01/2021
Silviu O.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2019

"Why Google Cloud Platform is a the best hosting option for a ecommerce business"

Comments: In my opinion, Google does a great job, in general, in terms of UX. GCP is on the same note. They have been transparent and offered a great starting point for our hosting needs.

Pros: When you sign up with your Gmail account, they give you a 1-year free trial and 300$ credit to use on GCP. It has great hosting capabilities. You can choose the size of your server and scale anytime later. They charge you monthly instead of yearly. If you stop it sooner than a month, they charge you for what you consumed. Sometimes these opportunities are not fully transparent when using traditional hosting companies. Moreover, you can do way more than just hosting. You can use it for machine learning, clustering, etc. They are focused on driving down prices, giving as many capabilities as possible and keep you engaged in the ecosystem in the long run.

Cons: It was harder to use at first. With all these features capabilities comes the configuration overhead. It can be daunting at first, that's why somebody with some technical background needs to take care of it.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2019
Jeff S.
Pastor
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2017

"Google Cloud Platform for Non Profits is a great and free option for churches but setup is difficult"

Comments: The free non-profit version allowed us to transition from an old version of Microsoft Office even on a tight budget and improved our productivity in the process.

Pros: Google offers its Cloud Platform for free for non-profits. It is a fantastic option for churches with it's many apps (docs, sheets, etc.) especially in a church such as mine where the team and volunteers are increasingly spread out-- it's rare we're ever in the same room together.

Cons: There is little to not like about getting Google Cloud Platform for free, but I will say it is very, very difficult to get set up and activated. Then, once set up, the admin side of things is quite complex and difficult to navigate even for me, a pastor who thinks of himself as quite savvy with such things.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2017
Instructional Technology Facilitator
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2018

"Top notch cloud platform"

Pros: To my knowledge, I really don't know of another cloud platform that can complete, at this point, with what Google has constructed and has to offer. Here are the pros:
- For the price, you really do get a lot. The platform comes with access to Drive, as well as Google's suite of other tools (Docs, Slides, Sheets, etc.).
- Efficient and constantly being updated or upgraded
- Pushing to become a green company
- They are open about updates

Cons: I suppose nothing is perfect, but nothing stands out in my mind. It can at times feel like they're conducting an experiment on you - because they are updating/changing - but this is for the purpose of providing a better user experience, so I think it's worth it.

• Reviewed on 18/10/2018
Ryan F.
Technology Integration
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2018

"Another win for the king"

Comments: The Cloud Platform is wonderful and truly an amazing way to connect. I am part of the IT staff for a school corporation and we have all of our employees using it. With it we can integrate multiple users into documents and projects, on their own time. No longer do we have to schedule certain times for every project and meeting alteration, now we can do it all real time from multiple locations. It is the most user friendly cloud environment that I have worked with.

Pros: Google's Cloud Platform allows you to seamlessly link, share, update, create, and manage all of your files. Anywhere. Anytime.

Cons: The biggest downside to the Cloud Platform is when using it on a cellular device, it can burn through a lot of data if you are uploading or downloading large files, such as photos and videos. So it is something to keep an eye on.

Precious E.
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2018

"Google Cloud Platform - Powerful Cloud Computing"

Pros: Google gives anyone the freedom to run cloud-based apps or computing processes for a token of what's obtainable at almost any other vendor. It has the ability to build powerful cloud servers on almost any platform, ranging from Debian, to CentOS, to Ubuntu, to Windows, etc. It gives the ease to upscale or downscale cloud server resources as needed per project. Its dashboard features an intuitive interface, live pricing when building new machines, etc.
Best of all, Google offers a free $300 credit for new verified signups to get a taste of its cloud services, which can go a long way in helping new developers finetune their projects before actually having to pay for anything.

Cons: Almost no complaints. Its high end GPUs are a bit expensive though. Also, when instances are created in other regions, some error keeps giving them USA as their location.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2018
Joy B.
Sole Proprieter
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"Create. Collaborate. Connect."

Comments: I use it for personal, professional, and volunteer file management, collaboration, and reporting. I use it almost daily and am grateful it is as convenient and accessible as it is to save me time and resources.

Pros: Knowing my files are in one location, backed up, and available for collaboration to those whom I appoint. I can manage my docs from anywhere and instantaneously. No more writing a note to myself to remember to send a file along to a colleague or having to download a picture later. I can upload, manage, and connect real time with the assurance it will be protected.

Cons: Only the fear that at some time it may be compromised and my materials used for ill gain without my knowledge.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Interpreter
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2019

"Must have tool if you are a freelancer"

Pros: I have been a Google Cloud Platform user for over decade. I love the convenience of being able to store all my important files in one place with a 15GB storage capacity. Whenever I am trying to get a new contract I know exactly where to find my resume and I do not even need to have my laptop with me to access it! I can login from any mobile device or computer and it is right there at my fingertips. The drive is also compatible with other Google apps, such as Google sheets or even Gmail. So, when that contract does come in I can easily save it from my gmail to my drive. And it is all free!!!!

Cons: Limited storage - although doubtful that you would ever use up all the available storage... if you are like me.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2019
Prabhat J.
Backend Engineer ( Data Infrastructure)
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2019

"Fast growing Cloud platform with plenty of cloud services ,cloud support and less cost"

Comments: I will recommend it to my friends anyday. Highly useful.

Pros: Google cloud is fastest growing Cloud platform with plenty of cloud services and less cost that Azure and AWS. It is true that currently its on number 3 , but with growth and features added I am confident it will be
an interesting competition between these three. I am using GCP from my college days , when they offered me $300 to use the cloud resources, that was a good strategy to make students aware from GCP platform.
They offer, plenty of storage services, instance services other infrastructure like load balancer, messaging queue and many others

Cons: It should have come first in the market, I am using all gcp platform and I
really appreciate all features I have used so far.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2019
Shilleah S.
Sales and Marketing Supervisor
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"Vital part of our day to day business"

Comments: Overall, this software is a very important to our business. We have people that work in other rooms and work from home and with us all using Google Cloud Platform we are all able to share the same files and invoices and if anyone makes a change to something, it shows immediately updated for everyone else.

Pros: The best feature is that this syncs with my Google account. I use Google as my primary search engine and my laptop at home, my cell phone, and my computer at work are all synced through my Google account, and this platform syncs in real time to all of my devices.

Cons: We had quite a bit of compatibility issues when installing Google cloud on all our computer stations at work, I had to have an IT guy come in and do it, but now that it is done, it runs great. Only downside, however, it seems that if I need to do an update, it will say the pathway can't be found, and I've had to re-bookmark all my tabs within my cloud file.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
Clare D.
Marketing Executive
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2019

"Great platform for working, sharing and storage"

Comments: I use Google Cloud on a daily basis and it's just so easy for everything that I need. I'm always encouraging friends and family to use it as it has saved me time and money. You don't need Microsoft Office when you've got the Google Suite.

Pros: I love Google Drive for how easy it is to use and how you can create documents, presentations and spreadsheets, etc that you can then easily be downloaded as a compatible Word document, PowerPoint presentation, excel sheet. Sharing documents with others is also super easy and so much more efficient when working on projects with others. I also use the cloud for storage of loads of photos when I ran out of space on my phone. The free package more than fulfils my needs.

Cons: Sometimes the formatting can be a little bit off when you download as a Word Document for example you might need to check and move a few things around but in general it’s not too bad, only minor adjustments but something to be aware of.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Mikhail K.
Freelancer
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2019

"All the Google power on your fingertips"

Comments: I recommend this platform for wide range of customers that have not super tight budget for their application hosting but want to stay away from bunch of low-level details of running and maintenance of application infrastructure.

Pros: Great platform to create, deploy and maintain cloud applications of any size for everybody who don't want to get stuck in all those low-level server and os administration. Provides most advanced technologies including Kubernetes and serverless applications, has pretty useful management console that can looks a bit messy for beginners but really amazing comparing to competitor's management tools . Has pretty tight and seamless integration with wide range of Google services API, from Google Maps to Google Docs. Last not least has free tier that is enough for learning of platform, education and even some real "pet" projects.

Cons: A bit complicated and sometimes confusing price models, prices for some services are unreasonable higher than competing.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2019
Cara L.
Creative Content Writer
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2018

"Great for smaller businesses, but could use a few modifications involving security"

Comments: I’ve been using google drive for about 5 years. Hardly any complaints, the customer service is always respectable, and it’s an easy software to navigate yourself astound.

Pros: It’s public, accessible anywhere so long as there is a WiFi connection, and it’s easy to share creative material with those either in classes, small businesses, etc. with many different uses from slideshows, storing files, or sharing files, Google Drive is a free software public to anyone with a google email. Files are easily shred through the click of a buttons. With up to 50 free gigs, businesses and students alike need not worry about space.

Cons: Mobile platform is an issue. When traveling, or using another device, it’s harder to log into your account to share. Especially when you recently acquired a new number and never changed your contact info. You are left locked out and can’t log in to till ona. Computer or device the drive recognizes. That could e troublesome for deadlines and such.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2018
Muhammad arsalan N.
Pr. DevOps
Information Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"Google Cloud Platform Review"

Comments: GCP or Google Cloud platform is fairly new in cloud competition, where AWS already swallowed major chunk of clients and Azure is holding the 2nd position in terms of number of clients. But GCP gaining rapidly and reaching to masses mostly due to the services it provides and goodwill of Google. I have worked on AWS and GCP though GCP lacks some features and services in comparison to AWS but GCP is scaling up rapidly to meet customer requirements.

Pros: Efficient costing as billing to the “per second” of usage.
Better Containerization or Kubernetes support.
Specialized in Big Data, analytics and machine learning.
Reliable security features.
VMs does not have plethora of instance types, you can customize the instance as per requirement.
Fast storage with uncapped bandwidth.
300 USD free account on signup to help understand the platform.

Cons: Lack of managed services.
Less global data centers compare to AWs.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2019
Kamal H.
Technical Support
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2020

"Cloud computing made easy"

Comments: It's the best cloud computing platform I've used.

Pros: The GCP has made the deployment of development practices easy. Creating and Launching virtual instances is very fast. You are billed only when instances are running. The free trial credit makes it superb and standout among others.

Cons: The only disadvantage is that it assigns a USA IP address for every instance created. Even if the location of the instance is India, London, South Africa, you'll be given a USA IP.

• Reviewed on 23/06/2020
Associate Solution Advisor
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2021

"Execute your workloads in fast, easy to use and quick deployment with Google Cloud Platform"

Comments: Overall, GCP has provided a positive ROI to our organization leaving remarkable impressions, both from product and product service perspective. Therefore, I would highly recommend this platform for running your workloads in the cloud. Also, free trials are available with a bunch of credits which can help newbies to test and try out stuff before bringing production environment, on this platform.

Pros: 1. One of the best User Interface available for cloud services in Industry.
2. Evolving and always enhancing feature-set which can not be ignored. Anything that can be service-based and can be provided as a managed service, you will find it in Google Cloud Platform.
3. Below are some of the best and most reliable services you will be getting along with this platform:
- Google Kubernetes Engine: is one of the best managed K8s engine. The availability of this tool is fabulous and configuring setting up clusters is done in minutes. Also, the performance of this service is amazing, be it in any region, across the globe.
- Google Cloud Storage: Can be used for any sort of files, any format of any size is accepted. It is by far one of the best places to store your cloud workloads data and files.
- Google Pub/ Sub: is basically publication/ subscription service, which is also fully managed. Provides blazing fast speed in delivering and receiving messages across this service.

Cons: 1. Free trial is a little low on duration. At the moment, the free trial provides 3 months of access, however, I personally feel this is a little less time for an organization to test out their workloads and decide on GO/NO GO decisions.
2. Cache's shall be better managed. At the moment, a very constant and high-speed internet is required so as to manage this platform. If caches can be managed and better utilized, platform laggy-ness due to fluctuating internet bandwidth can be reduced, which would largely impact the user experience.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2021
Zuhairah A.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Internet, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2021

"Manage multiple clud storage form one platform"

Pros: I'm delighted to use Google Cloud at work to create my documentation most quickly and straightforwardly possible. This process doesn't depend on my Computers operating framework, so I can be assured that this information will be saved and not lost. It's straightforward and accessible to anybody. I believe it is ideal for group planning or business-related tasks. I also love the fact that anybody may make changes to the archive.

Cons: What I dislike the most about this software is that report are regularly lost by accident. Searching for some of my records may be incredibly difficult. It is usually challenging to use initially to persuade others to do so. I believe it took some time for me to become indeed known.

• Reviewed on 05/06/2021
Andrew M.
Clinical Data Manager
Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2020

"Google Cloud is a cost effective alternative to S3 and continually improving -watch this space."

Comments: Google Cloud has allowed us to scale key parts of our data pipeline and democratise access to data for reporting; removing bottlenecks in reporting and allowing self-service analytics, but it is overkill for companies that don't deal with pentabytes of data.

Pros: The integration with other Google products is particularly impressive and makes it easy to set up. Using Forms for entry to Sheets which sync to BigQuery and DataStudio makes for very quick and easy expansion. Recently they have added a feature whereby query results can be viewed in Sheets for quick, less technical analysis. I was particularly impressed by BigQuery's free public datasets: such as covid. AppSheet is much easier to use than MS PowerApps. They are continually adding novel features, with a natural language processing feature coming soon, allowing SQL queries to be composed using natural English.

Cons: BigQuery does not feel like a mature product yet. The UI can be buggy and is not particularly user friendly. DataStudio lacks the flexibility of software like MS PowerBI; it lacks basic scientific graphs like boxplots and control charts and I would not recommend it for scientific data. AppSheet lacks the flexibility of MS PowerApps and is priced per user, making it expensive to scale and greatly reducing the potential use cases.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2020