15 years helping Australian businesses

About ProPresenter

Industry-leading live event presentation and live streaming tool built for Mac and Windows. Download the free demo today!

Learn more about ProPresenter

Pros:

ProPresenter 7 anticipates what we need, and creates powerful tools that helps us make an impact in our church and our community.

Cons:

If your graphic is too large, it doesn't always display as a thumbnail and takes an extra second or two to fire.

ProPresenter ratings

4.3
4.4
4.5
4.4

9.0/10

ProPresenter has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 2,024 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ProPresenter before?

Filter reviews (2,024)

Tim
Tim
Worship Leader in US
Music, Self Employed

Powerful resource for multimedia worship

Comments: We were able to expedite the service preparation process incredibly with the media integration available through ProPresenter.

Pros:

I love the integration of various media types and source material platforms. The SongSelect integration is by far the most useful feature for a church that relies on SongSelect for lyrics etc. Also, the multi-user features coupled with cloud sync make team collaboration so much more efficient.

Cons:

The biggest issue we had was with releases/support for PC lagging so far behind Mac. Not investing in Mac hardware puts the church at a disadvantage with this software. I don't expect that to change, and it may not need to for the company to be successful, but it makes you ask if it's really better to support PC use if the support is inferior. Additionally, having cloud sync as an 'extra' rather than built into the payment model seems a bit backwards - but for a software that is bought for a larger one-time fee rather than monthly/annual subscription, it makes sense as bandwidth is not free for anyone.

Stephanie
Pastor of NextGen and Communications in US

Using ProPresenter helps

5.0 last month New

Comments: ProPresenter is something that we don't think we can live without in our production team. It makes things look so professional and very organized. It is such a great tool for our church.

Pros:

ProPresenter is a key piece in our worship services on Sunday mornings, as well as any other services we may hold. It has been a tremendous asset to us in our production quality.

Cons:

It tends to be a bit bulky and clunky. It's also not super user-friendly, as you do need training to be able to navigate it.

Ryan
Church Media Support Technician in US
Public Relations & Communications, 51–200 Employees

Great Software With Many Glitches for PC Version

Comments: Our Church has been using ProPresenter since 2014 and overall it's been the best solution that meets most of our needs. However, it's not perfect and has given us quite a few headaches over the years. Hopefully in the future ProPresenter will be given it's own PC development department that will focus on Industry Standards that are common in the PC environment instead of trying to Port over from Mac.

Pros:

ProPresenter is pretty great overall. It has so many abilities to allow our church to create custom presentations on the fly as will as prepare in advance. Love how easy it is to import songs, backgrounds, and bible references.

Cons:

The PC version feels like a cheap port from the Mac version. It has many glitches when trying to export playlists. It also doesn't allow me to duplicate playlists easily. If I wanted to create a duplicate playlist to use as a template for another service, I have to export it then re-import it instead of just copy and paste like most standard PC software allows. When I do export a playlist, sometimes it never exports and if it does then items are missing or removed from the both the exported playlist and the original playlist.

Devin
Staff Accountant in US
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

ProPresenter review

Pros:

I like that we are able to provide two separate presentations for the stage view and the audience view.

Cons:

It's a bit hard to find different presentations from the past services.

Karl
Karl
Media Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Full featured and approachable

Comments: I love that it has three separate outputs and for the most part just works!

Pros:

Has a ton of features that commonly used competitors don’t have, and is approachable for the occasional user.

Cons:

It has a few bugs that have not been resolved for a while. There are workarounds, but they can slow workflow.

Scott
Scott
IT Director in US

Good church presentation software

Pros:

Easy to use. Setup was not difficult. Being updated regularly.

Cons:

Software was designed first for the Mac. I use the Windows version. It is behind in features because of this. I wish they put more effect into the Windows version.

Yerson
Communications Director in US
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Proficient Presentation Approach

5.0 last month New

Comments: ProPresenter has made live streaming and presentation effective.

Pros:

ProPresenter brings a resourceful communications approach that helps through solid presentation.

Cons:

ProPresenter has covered all the challenges that relates to presentation.

Rayhann
Volunteer in US

ProPresenter Review

5.0 last week New

Pros:

I really like how ProPresenter is really optimal. Many churches use it and I think if you learn it, you can probably handle the media for any church. Another thing I like about ProPresenter is how you can import songs from multiple engines, which is really useful.

Cons:

The text editor for ProPresenter is really annoying. You have to tweak it little by little to make it look presentable, but it automatically goes to a default font, size, and position, which is a bit annoying to do. However, it's isn't much of a complaint.

Sam
VP Sales and Marketing in India
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11–50 Employees

Better presentations

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

ProPresenter helps me to present our views more comfortably

Cons:

I do not find any problems while using it at all.

Church Administrator in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Great for church services!

5.0 last week New

Pros:

ProPresenter provides excellent support for worship services through its ability to provide real-time lyrics, scripture and graphics. The ability to “drag and drop” files makes it easy to use.

Cons:

The restrictions for connecting certain video elements such as ZOOM calls creates a headache for most lay people.

Tammy
Worship Minister in Panama
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

ProPresenter Makes My Life a Breeze!

Comments: I am responsible for all the slides at a Sunday Worship Service, and this was tedious and time consuming with PowerPoint. ProPresenter streamlines what I do to the point that it's very easy now. I especially leverage it's interface with Planning Center Online. I particularly like the simple background video looping over multiple slides functionality, the slide looping functionality, and the smooth transitions when audio is started or stopped. It's greatly superior to PowerPoint.

Pros:

ProPresenter has been designed to be super easy to use for a slide flipper, yet is robustly powerful for the most demanding of complicated productions and is super scalable effortlessly. I also LOVE its easy to setup/use interfaces with other software - especially Planning Center Online and PowerPoint. I've been using this 2 years and keep finding ways to streamline what I do even further! As Worship Minister at a bilingual church, I can pull together a Sunday Service playlist in under 5 minutes if there are no new songs. I give ProPresenter the very highest recommendation possible!

Cons:

There is so much functionality available that a new user can feel overwhelmed. However by zeroing in on the task at hand and ignoring the fancy stuff at first, it's very simple to use and learn. Also to help keep you from being overwhelmed they have great video tutorials to get you on board and running smoothly.

Brian
Worship Pastor in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

ProPresenter is the go-to for church presentations.

Comments: It has taken our graphics presentation ability to a whole new level over previously used software. (MS PowerPoint, and Sunday Plus)

Pros:

It allows you to store and organize multiple media types, and playlist for ease of functionality during events. It also syncs with our Planning Center Online account, which allows us the ability to import our plans, which saves a ton of time and effort. It's also very easy to learn the basics. We've had to have people run it in emergency situations before that had never run it before, and in just a few minutes, we were able to show them the basics.

Cons:

The DVD function stopped scaling the video properly when our Mac Pro was updated to Mojave, so now we are not able to use it during services or any event that requires more that just the DVD player. (If all you're doing is using the DVD feature, you can change the resolution and use it, but it makes all your backgrounds unusable until you change it back). One other strange thing is that when we type in the document search bar the name of a song, for example, more times than not, documents that may have those key words in them, but not in their titles show up before the actual song with the title of the words you are typing in. It typically makes us fill in most, if not all of a song name before the song itself shows up in the search results.

Andy
Technical Director in Canada

Platform concerns

Pros:

Now that I'm running it on an iMac, it is working very well. However, because I'm running it on an iMac, I did have to spend much more in additional components to allow it to properly function. I do like that the application is now very stable and seems to be able to operate well.

Cons:

Although the web site offered support for Windows, it does not run as a 64-bit application. It is a 32 bit application, not fully capable of accessing more available memory and processing capabilities that a 64-bit platform can offer. This should be noted on the website. In addition, whether it was running on Windows or iMac (which I now use), the ability to natively run Microsoft PowerPoint presentations is non-existent. I always had to install MS PowerPoint or Keynote and have ProPresenter launch the third party application. Other presentation software allowed us to play PowerPoint presentations natively from within the screen control software. The video database categories functions could use some refinement. For example, I'd like the ability to see all available background or foreground videos and then filter out categories I don't want to see rather than the category filters only showing me that category.

Patrick
Video Production Coordinator in US
Religious Institutions, 51–200 Employees

ProPresenter is the most versatile presentation software on the market

Comments: I cannot recommend ProPresenter enough to anybody who needs to present content. Over my years of working with the software, any bugs I've encountered have been patched out in future updates so I have no hesitation to recommend everyone use ProPresenter.

Pros:

I have yet to throw a task at ProPresenter that it couldn't handle. From its ease of use when editing slides, to the ability to work seamlessly with any number of video outputs, ProPresenter is simply the best presentation software you can find. I especially appreciate the "arrangments" feature which greatly increases productivity.

Cons:

My only real complaint about ProPresenter is the fact they removed support for social media integrations. In the previous version, you could include realtime images and text from Twitter and Facebook but they have since removed the feature.

Higher Education, Self Employed

Presents your services with ease

Comments: Without the great video tutorials, it would be a challenge to get started with this software, but that's why there are tutorials! Once you have the basics of this software, you are ready to go. There is a little training to understand how things work for anyone running the system. We transitioned from a different presentation software to this one and hands down are so happy with our choice to move to ProPresenter! The pricing is reasonable for even the smallest of facilities, the creation of libraries will save you time as you build them out and it is super easy to insert these pieces into your service "playlist".

Pros:

The layout and design to build a service is laid out nicely. The BEST part of this product is the building of libraries and how easy it is to build a service or presentation from your libraries, even quick additions while live!

Cons:

A few times while creating a playlist, we will find something added was not there when we started up the playlist later. We have still not solved this mystery but just have a note to always double-check for all presentations to be in the playlist!

Yashovardhan
Researcher in India
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Free and Amazing presentation & worship software

Comments: ProPresenter is easy to use and has a wide range of features that make it perfect for creating professional-level presentations. The software is also constantly being updated with new features and improvements, which makes it an excellent investment for anyone who wants to create high-quality presentations.Overall, I am very pleased with ProPresenter and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a presentation software that is easy to use and produces great results.

Pros:

There are many things to like about ProPresenter, but one of the things that I appreciate most is its versatility. ProPresenter can be used for a wide variety of applications, from live event production to simple worship presentations. Additionally, ProPresenter's support team is fantastic and always quick to help out if you have any questions.

Cons:

There were a few things I didn't like about ProPresenter. One was that there was no way to save or export a customized theme that I had created. I also didn't like how long it took to export slideshows as videos.

Jason
Tech Director in US

Great production package

Pros:

If you have ever used powerpoint, you can use this software. It's as simple or as complex as you want it to be. Great for volunteers to walk in, and be able to simply hit a few buttons to follow along with scripts with minimal training We use ProP for weekly services and use it for both worship songs, videos and sermon notes. Great flexibility all around!

Cons:

While MANY features are implemented quickly from the suggestion forums, some just never get a response or are "ignored"

Jorn
Tech Ministry Pastor in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

The best presentation software available

Comments: We use ProPresenter in our main worship services as well as for a number of other ministries in different size rooms, with various projection systems. The system is fully customizable to each room, while maintaining a standard workflow that's easy to teach to anyone needing to use it. The functionality of ProPresenter as a manned presentation system is far superior to anything else I've seen on the market. ProPresenter is definitely our go to presentation solution.

Pros:

The software is easy to learn and easy to use. We have a lot of volunteers and we are able to have them running the software on their own within the first one to two times they work with us. It can be run by a beginner, and also has the capability of much more advanced functionality.

Cons:

The software has had some issues that caused it to crash during a presentation in the past. We have also experienced some times when the slide transitions have not been smooth. The web viewer functionality is really clunky and sometimes does not work properly.

R.J.
Technical Manager in US

Mostly pleased with ProPresenter for Mac, mostly not with Windows version

Comments: Overall ProPresenter is a great product, and in spite of some minor issues--some of which have been computer & external hardware issues--I've been pleased with it.

Pros:

We switched from EasyWorship, which worked pretty well but needed updating at the time. Since we decided to replace our antiquated Windows computer with a Mac, we opted for ProPresenter which several people recommended. We bought a campus license so we're also using it on a couple of Windows computers. I like ProPresenter's versatility and ease of use. It has a lot of great features, several of which I haven't even put to use. On our fast iMac it works really well.

Cons:

Although our Windows computers supposedly meet the minimum requirements, ProPresenter's Windows version is painfully slow. Like, click to highlight a song and wait 3 seconds before it even highlights it. Even first executing ProPresenter is slow, and there's no "hour glass" to let you know it's in the process of turning on. It's common to wait at least 30 seconds before the logo even shows up. To be fair, I haven't called tech support about that yet. But they should at least display an hour glass to let you know something's happening. Also DVDs won't play in ProPresenter since Microsoft removed DVD support post-Windows 7. On the Mac version I've reported a minor clunky design issue 2-3 times in the past couple of years but it hasn't yet been fixed: the song list & playlist "sliders." Clicking directly ON the slider doesn't work; you have to aim 1/8" to the left of it! It's a minor negative among dozens of awesome features. I’ve found that ALL the output monitors/projectors have to be turned ON before ProPres is opened, otherwise it sometimes freezes up and I have to “force quit.” On more than one occasion the stage monitor has timed out/turned off between church services, but if I try to turn it back on without shutting down ProPres first, it gets confused on where to output. I suspect the HDMI distribution amplifier's "searching for monitors" is freaking it out. PowerPoint/Keynote files don't play natively in ProPresenter, but there's a work-around.

Presentation Director in US
Religious Institutions, 201–500 Employees

Optimal Presentation Software

Comments: The software works best on high performance, professional grade Apple computer. It does not survive stress tests on a comparable Windows machine. The operator must maintain an ​organization during a long presentation, as well as optimize workflow​ so the machine can be dedicated to run ProPresenter only. Do not attempt to run to photoshop, after effects, or comparable application while running a mission-critical​ presentation. This software enables easy integration with broadcast set-ups including utilization as alpha-keyed computer graphics.

Pros:

Easy to use and volunteer friendly software allows multiple operators, multiple outputs, and is extremely versatile. The mobile app enables operators from anywhere to make quick slide changes. The options built in the software enables​ presentations to be planned and executed in a fast-paced environment. ProPresenter's integrated Stage Display feature enables the Floor Director and talent to communicate without traditional whiteboards​, enables the band and vocalists to follow through with songs and performances, and enables the speaker to see notes on a confidence monitor.

Cons:

The lack of the ability to search inside a specific presentation (such as a 150 slide show) to find a specific item hurts response time. It is difficult to find loaded resources for last unplanned minute requests (such as loaded testimonies, videos, etc). The inclusion of the Bible feature is nice, but not having the ability to hot switch to a new version from a created slide (automatically update formatted slide to the ​new version) decreases response time. The mobile app doesn't allow you to load pictures, videos on the fly from camera roll or from another desktop app to the operating machine. The background and foreground element have transitional problems, and the multiple transitions system is very complicated (and I have never understood it fully). We default​ to using a manual transition to slide or just the global one. ProPresenter may yield​ unexpected results after prolonged use.

Samuel
Video Lighting Director in Canada
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

A solid platform for ten years

Comments: A great product that does what it does very well. Version six is feeling like it’s been out for a while though! Not that I’m hankering for any major revisions except to the handling of audio files.

Pros:

ProPresenter a very robust product that is particularly suited to the church environment although I have used it for other types of events as well. It has maintained its focus on the most essential tasks for media presentation a provided a good balance between complexity/flexibility and ease of use - especially when many operators are volunteers using the product infrequently. As an advanced user I like that I can integrate the software with other major components such as lighting and video systems in a way that actually enhances the simplicity of operation - and eliminating points of failure. While there are a few things I would like to see added or improved I appreciate the fact that the interface remains very consistent - again making it simple and reliable. The price is right. We have a site licence and even though we are not a massive church it has proven invaluable in any space where presentations are being made.

Cons:

1. I would like to see support for third party video devices from more companies such as AJA. 2. Some of the slide building features are too basic. No gradients, no ability to lock the position of text boxes while still being able to edit them. Templates limited to formatting only one text box. 3. I find the separate audio window to be clunky. I would like to see control and playback view of audio files available without having to expand the audio window. 4. There is no good way to view slides formatted for large screens which have small text. We need a third option for display of slides - not just text or side layout. 5. Some of the modules such as SDI or alpha seem relatively expensive compared to the price of the software. 6. Would love to see some way to integrate control over other software such as iTunes or Spotify. Probably being able to trigger AppleScript cues. 7. Would like to see more information about cues added to slides rather than just a generic icons. Especially for MIDI cues or stage display layout choice. 8. Would like to be able to have a cue palette that is not tied to slides - customizable additions to the clear functions etc for external triggers especially.

Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Present With Excellence

Comments: ProPresenter has helped 2 churches I've been a part of. In the first church, ProPresenter helped us expand our media capabilities so we no longer had to rely on CD decks or external video players. Everything was in one place and quickly accessible. The other church upgraded to full HD-capable hardware, and ProPresenter allowed us to take full advantage of our setup.

Pros:

ProPresenter gives the church just about everything it needs to put on an excellent presentation on Sunday mornings, with lyrics, slides, announcements, countdowns...anything you need for service is at your fingertips. - First, this is a rare gem to have a one-time payment software. It's an investment, but you don't have to commit to monthly or yearly payments, which is very nice. - Lyric slides are robust giving you all the options you need to manipulate font and images. - For sermons, you can build really nice slides in propresenter, or bring in your powerpoint slides to use as well. - We really enjoy the lyric import tool syncing with songselect. So any new song that comes in we don't have to type up. Just import it and set it up as you want it to look on the slides. - There are numerous options to enhance your presentation experience such as Bibles you can load on there and plugging in your Twitter feed. - Also, media is very easy to handle. Import images and videos and pull them up easily with their "bin" system. - Last thing I want to hit on is the playlist system is very easy to use. Build your "Sunday morning playlist" by dragging and dropping in lyrics, slides, and other media.

Cons:

The only con about ProPresenter is how daunting the software can be. You are provided with tutorial videos and documentation, but with all the customizability inside, it can be easy to get lost, so you really have to watch the videos several times and go along with the software to get a feel for where everything is. The other con is only if it's on Windows machines, I've seen it crash or freeze more often on Windows than Macs.

Samuel
youth pastor in US

Propresenter Reviews

Pros:

Propresenter can do almost anything. The flexibility of building slides and content in the layers makes it great for clean, nice presentations, but it also means if I need to make a quick announcement slide for our church, I can grab a background, plug in the information, and make a nice looking slide using the editing tools available. Keeps me from scrambling for my laptop and pulling up Photoshop or Illustrator. I also love the simplicity of displaying slides. As a church we have volunteers running Propresenter for our services (which includes songs, motion backs, announcements, Bible passages, etc.) and it's that once we've built it, they pretty much just have to click through. As the youth pastor, I also love being able to use the remote app on my iPad when I teach. That means I can go through the slides as I need to, or if I'm down a volunteer I can make things run on my own.

Cons:

My least favorite part of Propresenter is also one of the things I love—double edged sword I guess. While it's incredible flexible and powerful software, it's also incredibly complicated. There are menus, features, options, integrations I seem to discover daily. This is great for myself and those who build the presentations, but it's a struggle for volunteers. Displaying slides is simple, but troubleshooting, on-boarding, etc. is difficult. I feel as though I'm constantly sharing tips, tricks, training, etc. cause there are just things I can't replicate or teach in a planned training.

Adam
Media Director in US
Religious Institutions, 501–1,000 Employees

Versatile Presentation Software

Comments: By using ProPresenter, we provide a quality video product both for our congregation as well as for those who are on stage. The tools that ProPresenter offers help us solve nearly every presentation-related problem that comes our way. The company is extremely receptive to feature requests and bug fixes, and treats us like we're their only client.

Pros:

The software extremely versatile, and it sees regular updates, bug fixes, and feature additions. The editing features of documents are vast, which helps us quickly achieve professional looking CG output without a lot of effort. ProPresenter does well at integrating with other services such as the CCLI SongSelect database, and the site license serves us well since we need to utilize the software concurrently in multiple venues within our building on any given day. The various add-on modules are powerful; we regularly utilize the SDI module, Alpha keying module, and the master/slave module (which allows us to run a redundant backup if necessary).

Cons:

Simple and quick song editing sometimes seems a little clunky. Some features such as the reflow editor are powerful, but seem to suffer from being overly complicated, which keeps me from using them. There are a few inconsistencies with how keyboard shortcuts work when moving around within different parts of the software.

Martin
Volunteer in US

Works well for lyrics

Comments: Except for sync and videos it works great. Sadly, we use sync every week and I can't count the number of times our users have contacted me due to their struggles.

Pros:

Setting up song lyrics and using in conjunction with Song Select works pretty well. We use the arrangement functionality for every song for the contemporary service. For traditional hymns we don't find arrangements necessary. It's nice to have the option when we need it and to not confuse those who don't need it. Our prior software would occasionally crash during a service, but we've never had that kind of issue with ProPresenter running on our Mac Minis. We really like using a stage display in addition to the regular output. Our team really appreciates it.

Cons:

We often have trouble playing videos within ProPresenter. The audio sometimes cuts out or gets out of sync. The same video played on the same Mac with QuickTime or VLC works fine. We subscribe to Cloud Sync and it often has problems. Sometimes it just won't sync things, and other times it syncs way too much (as evidenced in the log) and takes way too long. In addition, we often get errors while syncing talking about "another process has changed a file" and the choices offered to resolve it are confusing to most of our users.