15 years helping Australian businesses

About Productive

Get full control over your agency’s operations with Productive, the all-in-one agency management software.

Learn more about Productive

Pros:

Most of the tools you need to manage an agency in one. If you want to run your agency the Productive.io way, this tool will integrate your whole business.

Cons:

The design could use some polish. No notes on individual tasks.

Productive ratings

4.3
4.7
4.4
4.6

8.8/10

Productive has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 84 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Productive before?

Nazirul
Nazirul
Managing Partner in Malaysia
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Core functions are great - would be better with more

Comments: Best experience hands down comes from the account management team, which deals with our issues swiftly and effectively. Almost every SAAS has 1 or 2 key differentiators, but Productive stands out in terms of their support and dedication to ensuring a positive customer relationship experience

Pros:

Everything is all in one place without the need of multiple softwares

Cons:

Some features that are a no-brainer (eg. tracking non-billable proposal hours) should have been able to be directly tracked from the sales function instead of having to be tracked as internal hours. But these are nitty gritty details which should make way to Productive sometime in the near future

Alternatives Considered: ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Productive: Complex and not used to its full advantage

Switched From: monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Productive: Clickup was similar to other flexible-tasks allocation management system and does not offer the overall suite of features that Productive does

Clifton
Owner in US
Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

Great project/task management product!

Comments: Implementation was easy with the Design team and easy with clients once they were trained a bit on the product. Overall my team likes Productive way better than previous Project Management tools we've used. The reporting has also been amazing! Seeing how profitable the company is as a whole and each employee. That's a game changer!

Pros:

Project managemement, task management, time tracking, invoicing, there isn't much I don't love about Productive!

Cons:

I wish there was a way to better implement email into the product. Right now email and Productive are separate. Having them tied closer together would help eliminate on additional product.

Alternatives Considered: Todoist, Paymo, Zoho Projects, Pipefy, Front, monday.com, ClickUp, Hive, Asana and ClientFlow

Reasons for Choosing Productive: Made the switch from Accelo, as the email integration caused all kinds of issues and our email got placed on blacklists, so we had to switch our domain name completely for our website and email. We originally used Teamwork, then switched to Accelo because of the email integration. Teamwork was great, but missed some key features at the time we used it.

Switched From: Teamwork.com and Accelo

Reasons for Switching to Productive: Had almost all of the features I needed. Others were missing features.

Ian
Founder and Director in UK
Design, 2–10 Employees

Everything we need in one platform

Pros:

Productive includes all the features we wanted and nothing we didn't. We used ClickUp for some time, but found it was hard to use and customise to our needs. Productive gives us the tools we need to keep projects on track and assigned to the right people and gives us business metrics that keep us aligned and on-point. It's been a game-changer for us, and we can only see it getting better.

Cons:

Productive is expensive, especially as you add more users. Other products are cheaper, but they aren't tailored to what we need, so they end up costing in other ways.

Productive reveiw

Comments: It could be more connected and adapted to the needs of a particular job

Pros:

Scheduling, Task management and Time management, Customers help

Cons:

It is sometimes slow, after update a lot of things are not working, some updates make my job harder

Dave
Dave
Owner and developper in Canada
Computer Software, Self Employed

One of the most practical for profitability tracking

Comments: It does what I need it to do and for a price that is worth it.
Again, tracking project profitability is my main reason to use it.

Pros:

The main reason I chose Productive was to be able to track the profitability of each project, by assigning a cost by ressource (employee) and tracking billing + expenses on each project. The reporting and customizable dashboard are very appreciated features. I also like the fact that we can email directly to a deal to add entries in the crm. I also like the Notion type documents. Could have more options though

Cons:

- The CRM is a bit basic. Notes and followups could be more intuitive and organized. - The navigation inside the app is not always clear and I found myself often searching for the way to get to where I need. - When adding time outside the dates of a budget, the error preventing me from adding it was annoying. I would have prefferred a warning and be able to choose to add it anyway. - I'd like to be able to quickly create a task from the time tracking entry on the calendar view if I found myself on working on something that was not initially listed. - Managing billing and budget is not user friendly, especially when pre-selling hours.

Petar
CEO in Croatia
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Perfect even for a small company

Comments: Really great, we'll keep using it as we grow bigger.

Pros:

It has everything you need - from task management (including subtasks and workflows!) to reporting and time management. The price is very reasonable, regardless of the number of users. Some project management software has affordable pricing for a small number of users, only to rip you off when your company grows.

Cons:

Filters for tasks could have more options (e.g. date filter has only equal or not equal). It would be perfect to have a single overview of tasks across all projects. Currently, that is somehow possible but lacks more powerful filters.

Alternatives Considered: ActiveCollab

Reasons for Choosing Productive: Productive offers time tracking out of the box, which is a feature most PM tools don't have

Switched From: Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Productive: Interface looked better and it seemed we would get more reporting features

Benjie
Founding Principal in US

Fantastic Support Team

Comments: I love it. I've looked at other tools, and turned them down simply because of their lack of reporting and all-in-one capabilities. Despite smaller features like automation, note taking, and dependency being really attractive.

Pros:

We love that this tool is agency management in one tool! We can track projects / tasks, as well as record employee PTO, schedule work to manage capacity, and bill ALL IN THE SAME PLACE. Customer support is responsive and immensely helpful. Especially for explaining the parts of the tool that applies to areas outside our expertise (like finances).

Cons:

The list layout leaves things to be desired in terms of design and organization of information. Would love to see automation, and the ability to mark tasks as dependent on / blocked by others come to the tool. The note taking tool is really basic and not co-write-friendly.

Alternatives Considered: ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Productive: The comprehensive reporting / time management / resource management tools. ESPECIALLY the overhead tool.

Switched From: Plutio, HoneyBook and Dubsado

Reasons for Switching to Productive: The comprehensive reporting / time management / resource management tools. ESPECIALLY the overhead tool.

Robert
Robert
Owner in Canada
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Gave me a running start

Comments: I use Productive for my day-to-day operations and was able to do an integration with Trello using their API. This makes my invoicing a breeze and allows me to give time reports to my customers. There is a ton of other features (sales pipeline, scheduling, financial reports) I am not using, but just for the small part I am using, it is a big time saver.

Pros:

Productive has: - comprehensive feature set - ease of use - a tutorial to get you familiar with the different modules of the product - a decent price - customers can access the platform (when you grant them access) - an API to allow integrations with other components - responsive support (some bugs get fixed really fast)

Cons:

- some structure elements may not be an exact match to your business (like with any product) - support is only during business hours, being a solo entrepreneur, problems don't always happen between 9-5 Monday-Friday - support could benefit from a ticketing system instead of a chat-based system - the task component have few features when compared with Trello. Strange for a company that brands itself as "more powerful than Trello and simpler to use than Jira" (https://www.productive.io/tour/project-management/).

Alternatives Considered: Plutio, TimeCamp, Paymo, Time Tracker, Scoro, Invoice Ninja, Accelo, Fiverr Workspace, elapseit and todo.vu

Reasons for Switching to Productive: - Better feature set - Better pricing - Trial available

Design, 2–10 Employees

Every tool you need for an agency

Comments: It's a great tool and the only one we found that ticks all the boxes for our business.

Pros:

Fully-featured with a continually improving product roadmap and excellent customer support.

Cons:

Sometimes it's difficult to work out how much budget is remaining as the calculations don't always tally with my own figures. Some nuances in how the calculations are done I think. Some features have started to move to the 'premium' tier.

Alternatives Considered: Harvest, Forecast, Asana and Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to Productive: It had everything we wanted and more. Could consolidate our tools into one.

Franka
Project Manager in Croatia
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

A great tool for multiple purposes

Comments: I really like Productive and would be happy if we continue using it.

Pros:

I like how Productive has a lot of features and is still pretty simple to use. The logic behind everything works great almost always, and for me it became a tool that I use daily without much thought. I see great value in that. I also appreciate the documentation and the whole team behind.

Cons:

Tasks are maybe still a bit sloppy, but maybe it's just because of the way we use it in the company. I'm not really sure.

Alternatives Considered: Jira and Azure DevOps Services

Jaka
Product Designer & Owner in Slovenia
Design, 2–10 Employees

A good but expensive option

Comments: It's good but certain aspects could be improved.

Pros:

I like the split of booked and billed hours, as well as the ease of invoicing

Cons:

It's very expensive compared to similar products. The mobile app is clunky.

Alternatives Considered: FreshBooks and Toggl Track

Reasons for Choosing Productive: It lacked features

Switched From: Zoho Books

Reasons for Switching to Productive: The feature set

Emma
Managing Director in UK

Productive productive!

Pros:

Future-focussed and a modern software for agencies

Cons:

Hard to make full use of Productive and some features - such as the sales funnel - don't act enough like a CRM.

Diana
Head of Growth, Project Management and B Corp in Netherlands
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

A growing tool that grows with you

Pros:

I love that you can use it from time capturing to project and task management . The tool is not perfect, but it allows you to provide feedback and ask for things that are necessary for your business to grow. Staff support is 100%! Thanks for all you do Productive and for all your fast responses.

Cons:

It's not perfect, but it is learning from our needs. I know it will grow into an all-in-one tool.

Mark
Founding Partner in UK

Productive for agency management

Comments: It's a good all round tool that brings together a number of different platforms into a single tool.

Pros:

Productive is a great all round tool for managing an agency, giving us time and budget management to understand the profitability across each client engagement & new business business pursuit.

Cons:

It can take a while for new starters to get up to speed as some parts aren't very intuitive.

Luka
Luka
Co-Founder at Studio Bien in Croatia
Design

Great software that has everything I need to run a profitable business.

Pros:

Productive is great because I have an overview of every segment of my company in one place. From sales, scheduling projects, communication management, employee management all the way to the reporting. We were paying multiple software apps, which was not only expensive but also confusing and time wasting. With Productive costs were cut down significantly. The support team is very responsive, always available and fast in helping us solve our issues.

Cons:

It takes some time for setting up the organization and getting everybody on board, but with Productive help center and their support team that was done in a jiffy. The software is a bit robust due to its wide pallet of functionalities, so it has a bit steep learning curve.

Jack
HoPM in UK
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Great Product that outperforms a lot of competitors

Comments: Great and would recommend over other platforms

Pros:

UI, UX, Covers a lot without overcomplicating the experience. Competitive cost, great support service. Constant updates and features getting added.

Cons:

(Small) Still fine tuning in some areas, so not everything is perfect , but lots of roll out of good updates which shows its only going to get better

Alternatives Considered: Polaris PSA, Harvest, Scoro, Resource Guru, ClickUp, Forecast and Accelo

Reasons for Choosing Productive: Cost, experience, selection of tools, scalability

Reasons for Switching to Productive: Ticks most of the boxes that others cannot

Kerry
PS Specialist in US
Computer Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

It's an OK Product

Comments: I think it is great for the overall management of project and tracking time, but as I stated above not great for fixes on the conversion end.

Pros:

It has a great option to track your time management per project which is great for reporting purposes.

Cons:

I am the tester for our conversions and there is not a good way for the conversion person and me to see what has not been done on fixes for our conversion and what I need to test. We used Jira for this in the past and it was a much better tool for us in this capacity.

Patrick
Digital Marketing Specialist in Australia

Patrick Review

Pros:

Easy to use and uploads documents fast and seemlessly.

Cons:

Don’t like how tasks under an umbrella task can’t have the same specifics applied (ie r for tasks to individual due dates or a single due date for all of them)

Tim
Business Developer in Belgium
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Review

Comments: We are implementing our entire project journey in Productive, as said above from sales towards invoicing. This goes quite smoothly, although fixing errors in the process is not always easy.

Pros:

If everything is configured properly, the flow of a project is very easy, from sales over project management towards invoicing, everything works very nicely.

Cons:

It is not very customizable, although they are working on it.

Kateřina
Study Coordinator in Czechia
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Productive Review

Pros:

Productive is a product management software which offers many useful features, custom workflows, time tracking, resource allocation or reporting. As the most valuable I consider the resource management tool which enables to manage the resources (team members, equipment) effectively.

Cons:

Due to the complexity of the application It is quite difficult to learn using all the features available. Some features are available at a higher price, so the price can be quite high.

Maciej
CEO in Poland
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Good product to start your journey with professional project budgeting and resource allocation

Pros:

Very nice designed, esy to use, many options.

Cons:

Not possible to make small adjustments - you buy what you have.

Megan
Creative Associate in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

LOVE. Being able to go from a desktop app to a mobile app with ease is great

Comments: My team's workflow has improved tremendously. The software makes communication and workflows easy by keeping everything organized. I love being able to communicate with clients through Productive as well.

Pros:

My favorite thing about Productive is being able to organize and personalize my own dashboard layout. I am someone who works better when I can make task lists and productive allows me to make private lists for myself to use throughout the day.

Cons:

I wish this software would allow subtasks under the original task -- sometimes a task isn't complete unless multiple subtasks are completed first. This would allow our workflow to move more smoothly.

Consultant in Ireland
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Amazing Customer Service

Comments: Brilliant - The customer service in particular is fantastic. We had an excellent onboarding call with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was exceptionally patient with us and had fantastic product-knowledge. He guided us through an automated time tracking solution which will be invaluable to us in the months and years ahead.

Pros:

The breath and scope of the product - There is a lot of functionality available and we have only begun to scratch the surface.

Cons:

Due to the extent of functionality, getting set-up on the system took a bit of time - minor gripe

Tim
Chairman/Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

We are AdAgency and PR Firm, Productive is the ideal project management tool.

Comments: Productivity

Pros:

Ease of use. And the ability for everything to be self contained within the software...no need to email...or to email docs/elements.

Cons:

We have found nothing as yet. We are new users but don't anticipate any issues. We will be eliminating Clients and Profits over the next few months and begin using Intuit for billing. That too looks to be an easy transition.

Daria
Technology Director in US

Very robust system that accomplishes a lot

Pros:

The profitability is the most compelling part to us. Knowing exactly how much we actually spent on a proejct and how much came in.

Cons:

Learning to use it took some time because it has some interesting requirements. I wish it were a bit more flexible (ie deleting vs archiving if a mistake is made, archiving with live budgets)