15 years helping Australian businesses

About Apptoto

Apptoto is a full-featured, customizable appointment reminder, messaging, and scheduling platform for appointment-based businesses.

Learn more about Apptoto

Pros:

Easy integration with gcal, handles multiple calendars.

Cons:

There have been some glitches that were probably user error. My calendar was synced to a different calendar and it was sending the incorrect reminders.

Apptoto ratings

4.5
4.7
4.8
4.7

9.5/10

Apptoto has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 85 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Apptoto before?

Abraham
Abraham
Co-Founder in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Your business needs this.

Comments: I've been using Apptoto for years and can't imagine my business without them. Apptoto is extremely reliable. Truly a "set it and forget it" tool.

Pros:

You can fine-tune reminders to meet your wildest needs. From different time zones to different services, they can do it all. Reminders get sent out 99.9% of the time.

Cons:

I would say the user interface could improve but that is always the case with every SAAS I've used. I've seen slight yet useful improvements as the months/years go by so I can't complain. They're keeping costs down and still managing to make improvements, kudos! At the end of the day, I hired them to deliver my reminders (and handle my booking pages) - and they do that like no other company in this space.

Katrina
Technology Manager & Scheduling Manager in US
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Apptoto is a MUST to succeed!

Comments: [sensitive content hidden] and the team of support is always there for the problems that come our way in scheduling.

Pros:

Staff is supportive, the full customization is great and the power the automation keeps everything at our company's fingertips

Cons:

They are always improving, there is nothing.

Sarah
Office Manager and Paralegal in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Apptoto - A good starting point to automation

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We don't use the product any longer but I'm glad that we got started with Apptoto. I am now fairly confident in setting up any product our firm decides to use. We only stopped using Apptoto because we were able to consolidate apps and use one vendor instead of 2 for the same cost.

Pros:

I loved the scheduling reminders that you could set up with different prompts but setting it up was a disaster.

Cons:

Absolutely the set up. It took days and days and we had to troubleshoot everything multiple times. Any time one thing was changed the system would flip out so we were constantly stressed that if we changed something simple it wouldn't operate correctly.

2 months ago

Sarah, thank you for sharing your experience with Apptoto. Your insights are invaluable to us. We're delighted to hear about the value you found in our scheduling reminders. Your feedback on the setup challenges is noted and appreciated. We're committed to enhancing our onboarding process for smoother experiences in the future. Thank you for the opportunity to work with you and your business, and we're here to support you should you ever reconsider Apptoto in the future.

Paul
Automotive, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A Consistent Failure to Do What it Says It Does.

Comments: If the product would work, its been amazing. Unfortunately, after being bitten more than once and losing customers as a result, it will make you twice shy. It also wouldn't be a big deal if they could solve the errors quickly. It is current the 26th of July and I lost service on the 11th of July.

Pros:

I love the features that the service provides, if only it would constantly work.

Cons:

It intermittently stops functioning. After over a year of using this service it has failed on me at least 15 times. That is, for no warning it will stop pushing notifications to customers and updating your calendar.

4 years ago

Hello Paul, We are very sorry to hear that you had trouble with our product last year. Unfortunately we are reliant on Apple's security requirements including app specific passwords and security updates for iCloud calendar. We are happy to help you try to keep these updated should you need a reminder service again. Apptoto Customer Success Team

Alay
Founding Partner in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

Calender reminder problems solved!

Comments: I have used Apptoto for years. It's the most comprehensive meeting reminder solution out there. It doesn't matter if I add them in myself or they book in with another scheduling tool. If they're invited to one of my meetings, they get an email reminder. It also doesn't matter if they use Google Calendar or not. If they're invited to one of my meetings, they get an email reminder.

Pros:

The email reminders to attendees about upcoming appointments on my Google calendar are vital to my business. It doesn't matter if I add them in myself or they book in with another scheduling tool. If they're invited to one of my meetings, they get an email reminder. It also doesn't matter if they use Google Calendar or not. If they're invited to one of my meetings, they get an email reminder.

Cons:

Apptoto has a lot of features that I don't use, but I still pay for. That being said, it's worth it to me just to have the calendar reminders.

2 months ago

Thank you so much for the fantastic review, Alay. Your feedback means the world to us. We're happy to hear that our email reminders have become an integral part of your business operations. Ensuring that your attendees receive timely notifications is crucial, and we're proud to provide a solution that caters to your needs, regardless of how appointments are scheduled or the calendar platform used. Your loyalty over the years speaks volumes, and we're delighted to have been your go-to meeting reminder solution. We take pride in offering comprehensive features, even if some may not be utilized, and we're continuously working to refine our offerings to better serve our valued users like you. Thank you for choosing Apptoto and for recognizing our commitment to providing top-notch service. We're here to support you every step of the way and look forward to continuing to exceed your expectations.

Jessica
owner in US
Fine Art, 11–50 Employees

Apptoto integrates the best with google calendar at the most reasonable price :)

Comments: The apptoto team has been very helpful and accommodating to the needs for our business, they listen and make changes to the software when possible to improve it in ways that are useful to us, and the software never glitches.

Pros:

Its easy to customize, communicate with our clients, sync to our google calendar, and access the customer service when we need help.

Cons:

My biggest complaint was that when the client replied it did not edit the text of the calendar to add their response but they coded that in the last update :)

Kim
Office Manager in US
Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Great Reminders, texting app needs work

Comments: Customer service is wonderful, reminders go out exactly how they are set up, love that I can text clients but wish that part was a little neater.

Pros:

Never have problems with reminders going out!

Cons:

The texing app needs improvement. It works great but the same client's text threads come separately sometimes, wish the same client would be all on one thread.

6 days ago

Thank you for your review! We’re glad to hear that our reminders are working well for you and that our customer service has been helpful. We appreciate your feedback about the texting app and are always looking to improve our features. Your suggestion on consolidating text threads is noted. We’re happy to have you back with Apptoto and are here to support you. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Jen
Office Mangaer in US
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

I left but I'm back

Comments: Once you get it set up, the system runs itself. It is like having an additional employee!

Pros:

The simplicity and it is easy to use. I left Apptoto but return a year later because I just couldn't beat it!

Cons:

Setting up the campaigns was a bit hard but nothing I couldn't figure out.

Ken
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

A+ Customer Service

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Customer service is When I have had an issue or a question...I have no problem getting a person to help. It might not be immediate but usually the same day.

Pros:

It is easy to use for myself and my clients. I was apprehensive about implementation, but was pleased with the onboarding process. Apptoto was able to get me up and running with relative ease.

Cons:

I have not experienced any cons yet thankfully.

last month

Thank you for your kind words, Ken. We're thrilled to hear you've enjoyed using Apptoto for your business, and that our Customer Support team has been super helpful and responsive! Your comments on the ease of use and our effective onboarding process mean a lot to us. We're glad our team could make implementation as smooth as possible for you.

Brandon
Law Clerk in US
Law Practice, 11–50 Employees

Positive Experience with the Software and Employees

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

The White Glove onboarding was a great help, our rep was able to teach me how to manage our calendars very quickly and easily.

Cons:

Not a negative comment per se but be careful on how you set up your rules because the software is very precise and small errors can lead to undesired outcomes.

6 days ago

Thank you so much for your kind words and positive review! We're thrilled to hear about your experience with our White Glove onboarding, and will be sure to pass along your kind words! Your feedback on setting up rules carefully is spot on! Our software’s is designed to provide maximum flexibility when it comes to appointment reminders, but attention to detail is important to ensuring rules align with your various appointment types. Thanks again for your feedback and partnership!

Program Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Auto RSVPS made easy.

Pros:

how it integrates with google calendar and makes the rsvp process simple for the recipient.

Cons:

Not being very tech savy with limited time it took me a long time to utilize it to the best of its capability for our needs.

Lorraine
Director of Operations in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Exactly what our company needed

Comments: We also love the compatibility with calendar syncing- another important must-have for our business

Pros:

We needed a platform that clients could receive reminders via SMS and reply back to confirm, reschedule, or cancel. This software does all those things and it's easy to customize with template messages, manage using the interface, and useful automation that can also be customized.

Cons:

The interface and website is not as sleek or exceptionally aesthetic, but it gets the job done which is the most important part for us.

Diane
Business Manager in US
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

No more missed meetings!

Comments: Their customer service team is very helpful whether it be on the phone or online.

Pros:

With a few clicks of a button we're able to remind clients, prospective clients, etc. about their upcoming meetings. Numerous options and variables at your fingertips. It has helped cut down on forgotten meetings or prompted reschedule requests.

Cons:

Because there are so many different options to set up it can be a little overwhelming. But their customer service is very accessible and helpful.

Santosh
Database Administrator in US
Legal Services, 11–50 Employees

Apptoto - Review

Comments: - It is overall a good experience working with Apptoto application.

Pros:

- Apptoto is an application where it can be integrated with various applications to automate more use cases. - Apptoto has the ability to store template text messages and emails to send out to phone numbers and emails easily and efficiently

Cons:

- The features can be more added in the application. - The application can be made more optimized. - The support can be more helpful and quickly

Sue
secretary in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

No more missed appointments

Comments: I know it can do so much more, but this is all I feel I need at the moment

Pros:

We used to get quite a few missed appointments, which are costly in many ways. I started using Apptoto for this reason, and since then we rarely experience this. I also like the way it automatically syncs with the calendar

Cons:

Sometimes I forget to “refresh” if an appointment has been cancelled or changed and the patient gets an incorrect reminder, but it’s a minor problem, but maybe this could become automatic?

Attorney in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Great price for appointment reminders

Comments: This helped reduce my no shows or at least gave me notice they were not coming. Most people wouldn't call me to cancel and appointment but they'll answer a text and tell me they're not coming. Helps me save time by planning my day when I know whether I'll have an appointment or not. No more waiting around wondering if they'll show up.

Pros:

Once set up it pretty much runs itself and I rarely have to change any of the configurations.

Cons:

It can be somewhat confusing setting up BUT the support if phenomenal!

Jason
Jason
Director Of Technology in US
Legal Services, 11–50 Employees

Great Appointment Reminder Product: simple enough to use for regular users, powerful enough for devs

Pros:

It simply accomplished our task. We were looking to place automated calls and text messages at fixed intervals. It was easy to set up, train users and worked reliably. When it came time to fully automate the calls and integrate with our internal CRM, the system was powerful enough to do it. 1 hour support call accomplished quickly and correctly.

Cons:

The software is actually more powerful than it seems. Much of the power is hidden behind some checkboxes and hidden pages that aren't easily accessible unless you know where to look. A support call with the original founder helped me find some of these hidden features. One other small quibble: the voice synthesizer is a bit finicky. We had a hard time getting it to say our firm's name.

Mike
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

I love Apptoto!

Comments: I'd be lost without Apptoto!

Pros:

Your service is user friendly; I like the options you provide for how folks are contacted and how they can respond. And when I've had issues you've addressed them faster than any other customer service I've dealt with. And your price is very reasonable.

Cons:

Actually, Apptoto has features I don't use, but am sure others do.

Jay
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

If your business evolves around a calendar...

Comments: If your business evolves around a calendar, this is the app to have. Since I started using the app my life has been much easier, having less missed appointments which means more money.

Pros:

-Easy to use -Affordable - Synchronizes well with Google Calendar -After reminding the client, will marque event as REMINDED so you will know if someone received or not your reminders.

Cons:

The only small problem I had within over a year of usage was that one time I needed customer assistance and took them over 24 hours to return my call.

Shawn
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Works Well

Pros:

Integrates with Google Calendar, no hiccups, easy to use.

Cons:

No advanced features. Backend notification wasn't there.

5 years ago

Hi, thanks for using Apptoto! Are you looking for webhooks? We do have that as a feature actually. Contact [email protected] and we would be happy to set that up with you!

Mike
Accountant in US
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Satisfied customer

Comments: Apptoto saves me time and money. I set up the parameters and it takes care of the rest. Most of the year, it just runs on its own.

Pros:

Easy to use, inexpensive and a life saver

Cons:

There isn't anything that I don't like about the product.

Harald
President in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Love It!

Comments: Great!

Pros:

Your tool works as advertised and keeps my customers from missing their appointment. Thank you!

Cons:

Nothing really comes to mind. It has been a great product.

Glenn
Managing Partner in US
Legal Services, Self Employed

Very Useful

Pros:

Automatic reminders to meeting participants

Cons:

Extraction of phone numbers sometimes unreliable.

Craig
Craig
Clinical Hypnotherapist in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Great product, would be lost without it

Pros:

ease of use, and appointment reminders for clients

Cons:

It is in US time so had an issue once where it sent reminders at 3.00 am EST was resolved quickly though

6 years ago

Thanks Craig for the review! Yes, timezone's can be very tricky and it's important that Apptoto gets it right!

Jesse
Marketing in US
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

Works great!

Comments: Apptoto sends a text message to our customers to remind them of their appointments with us. This saves our office the time it would have taken to do manually. It also helps our estimators who have the appointments with the customers. The customer is less likely to forget about the appointment and if they need to cancel or reschedule we can intercept and take care of it before the estimator goes out the next day.

Pros:

The functionality works great. Allows you to test all of your messages before implementing them!

Cons:

Setting the system up can be a little confusing at first but once you understand it's easy. Programming the messages may be difficult depending on how familiar you are with the idea.