15 years helping Australian businesses

About Factorial

Factorial streamlines HR processes for every stage of the employee life cycle. From recruitment to exit interviews, we make admin easy.

Learn more about Factorial

Factorial ratings

4.6
4.4
4.2
4.3

8.5/10

Factorial has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 255 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Factorial before?

Juan
Juan
CEO in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Simplifying human resource management

Comments: My experience has been very positive. From the first moment I started using the platform, I realized how easy it was to use and how intuitive its interface was.

Pros:

What I liked the most is its intuitive and easy-to-use interface. From the very first moment I started using the platform, I was able to navigate smoothly and perform all HR tasks efficiently. I also love how it simplifies each stage of the employee life cycle. From recruiting and onboarding to time tracking and free time management, this tool has you covered.

Cons:

One aspect that I think could be improved is the integration with other tools and systems. While it does offer some integrations with third-party software, I wish there were more options available. This would further facilitate the management of human resources and the synchronization of data between different platforms.

Lotte
Senior Technical Project Manager in Qatar
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,000+ Employees

Easy Staff Managment Through Factorial

Comments: As of now, the Factorial Application is running smoothly and meeting all desired expectations in my business unit. Staff is much pleased with the software as they no longer need to visit my office to submit their leave forms physically as the application enables them to request these through the system. Likewise, never missed my tasks and not had any arguments with my subordinates with regard to their day-offs. All the above achievements emerged thanks to Factorial Software. You will never regret owning this software because this will help to save your human assets in the company.

Pros:

One of the best aspects of the Factorial app is its handy Dashboard. This provides a great helicopter view to senior staff with regard to identifying many activities such as upcoming events, pending tasks, upcoming holidays, and community posts. The Dashboard is in blocked shape with enlarged text, which helps users to quickly capture the eyes of the user without missing any activity! Furthermore, the users can easily install many user-friendly applications that integrate with Factorial through a few clicks. Some of the great features you can enjoy using these apps are Goals, reviews, surveys, training and etc. Another superb plus point is users can integrate the mailboxes, including outlook. If somebody thinks this is an exaggeration; I must tell you that you should try their free version before purchasing this! You will surely be mesmerized by your output!

Cons:

So far, I did not experience any issues, since I have been using limited features yet but there are many other areas to capitalize on. There are abundant capabilities this App has but I am yet to experience any misbehaves of this app. In a nutshell, there are literally zero issues for me as of now!

Asami
CEO and Founder in Japan
Staffing & Recruiting, 11–50 Employees

More time to focus on other tasks

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Reduces paperwork and has a dedicated support experts and consultancy. There is data security and reliability.

Pros:

I have experienced high time saving routine through automation. On top of being easy to use, Factorial has all HR tools required to build an intuitive HR process. Shift management is a desirable feature which helps us in scheduling effortlessly. Integration is impressive too.

Cons:

None in my experience. All my expectations were well catered for and I look forward to more achievements.

Steven
Chair in France
Hospitality, 501–1,000 Employees

Avoid Factorial. A terrible experience !

Comments: This is honestly the worst experience we have ever had with a software vendor, there were commitments made that money would be refunded whilst the company were not delivering, these were never followed through. My honest advice is unless you are a very small business is to stay away from this company. This is my personal opinion based on my personal experience and may not be representative of your experience.

Pros:

Nothing, I personally feel "ripped off" by factorial and personally question their business ethics.

Cons:

Our experience with Factorial was absolutely terrible, over the first six months we had four different success managers, (they did not seem to be able to retain their people) - to add to that the product was grossly over sold, only for us to find out when it came to implementation that promised features were not available. The support is slow, getting any support outside of Europe is near impossible. Any complaints were met with promises that we never delivered upon.

Alejandro
Co-Founder & CEO in Spain
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Good solution for HR problems

Comments: Happy customer

Pros:

Nice UX/UI Mobile App Scalable Strong product

Cons:

Payroll is too separated from SaaS This is something that 80% of the times is a bad thing, on the other 20% it is nice to speak with a profesional partner who owns a strong legal payroll background

Sheen
Product Owner in Spain
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

The only HR app you need

Pros:

Factorial is a one-stop solution for all things HR. As a user, everything from my daily time-tracking to receiving payslips is handled on the platform. Our company uses factorial a lot. I love the Calendar View where I can see who in the team would be on leave during the month. It enables me to plan things ahead without having to make tens of emails. We also use it during quarterly reviews where we can fill out surveys, put our reviews for 360 feedback etc. If I need any document I don't need to look any further than the platform because all my documents are on this platform.

Cons:

So far I haven't come across any major issues. I do see that the app might not be able to offer more once a company starts scaling but it is not a con for me at the moment.

Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Factorial for Web Developers

Pros:

The interface is very simple and minimalist and easy to use. Best way to check in and keep track of time if you work from home. The process of absence management is also easy.

Cons:

Many times the servers go down and you can't start the timer of work until it's fixed. Also, at the end of the month, the extra hours or minutes you have worked don't accumulate in the next month.

Carlos Orlando
Carlos Orlando
TSU in US
Computer Hardware, Self Employed

A Promising HR Software

Comments: There are a lot of features that make HR tasks easier, especially when it comes to time tracking and free time management. However, by my high standards, there is always room for improvement.

Pros:

Its design is intuitive, its user interface is modern and invites navigation. The time tracking feature is particularly useful and efficient. Employee onboarding is pretty good too, handling everything in a systematic and organized way. I particularly appreciate the free time management option, it's a much-needed resource.

Cons:

There is room for improvements. I ran into occasional lag in the interface which can be frustrating when I need to get a task done quickly. Also, the performance reviews section could be more robust. It would benefit from more customizable options to target different competencies and grading methods. I have also noticed that sometimes integration with other systems can be a bit challenging.

Christina
Project Manager in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Very Easy to use and quite acurate

Comments: It was easy for even the most technologically challenged.

Pros:

It is so easy to use. Even when an employee forgets to clock in and out, it is one login and a quick fix.

Cons:

Getting to some of the employee information is kind of like looking for an Easter egg. Once, located it is easy to go back to though.

Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees

Marvellous analytical tool for reporting

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

1. Excellent functionalities 2. Easy to read the dashboard pan 3. Effective reporting mechanism

Cons:

1. Just a bit expensive rest nothing else to be worried about

Daniele
ICT Infrastructure Specialist in Italy
Real Estate, 501–1,000 Employees

All rounded and good HR system

Comments: overall it's the best HR system we had so far, and i would recomend it to anyone who don't know how to manage his employees

Pros:

From the customer side the tool is very easy to use, the interface guide the operations needed to do and it can also be used to create companies surveys

Cons:

the surveys could be more fine tuned, currently the feature is a nice to have but should be improved to be more scalable

Wassim
Student in Spain
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Review

Pros:

A great and easy tool for clocking in and out. Plus you can find all the employees info, great calendar and you can keep track of all you previous timings. Plus I love the fact that it stores all your company documents such as payrolls. This way I can find them whenever I want without requesting them from HR

Cons:

The mobile version bugs sometimes when using the slider to clock in or out

Domingo Antonio
Domingo Antonio
University average technician in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Simplifying my people management

Comments: It has made scheduling my employees and managing their attendance so much easier. The platform is very easy to use, and I really like the functionality of notifying my employees when there are changes to their schedule.

Pros:

What I liked the most is how easy it is to create and edit shift schedules for my employees. Also, real-time shift change notifications are a big plus.

Cons:

The only thing I want to mention is that I would like to see more integration options with other programs and tools, but overall I am satisfied with what they offer.

Limuel
Limuel
Senior Data Analyst in Philippines
Marketing & Advertising, 501–1,000 Employees

An excellent application to monitor and record your work hours

Pros:

Factorial's mobile application provides employees with the ability to manage their work hour through a user-friendly interface. With this app, It's easy to start and stop you clock when necessary, request time off or vacation, and review your previous clock-in records.

Cons:

It would be incredibly beneficial to have the option to modify previously requested time off days. This feature would allow individual to correct any errors or make changes in advance of the reviewer's evaluation.

Guillermo
Senior Engineering Manager / Office Manager in Spain
Events Services, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use and reliable

Pros:

Very easy to use, good UI/UX, very clear with permissions, easy to roll out.

Cons:

Nothing to say here.

Project Manager in US
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

This is an excellent software to get HR organized.

Comments: This software is easy to get started and is great for getting teams organized.

Pros:

This software is great for getting HR setup and organized. It is easy to use and covers all of the basics and then some.

Cons:

The one thing I would have liked is a page for Notes or personal remarks. Also a portion for performance reviews and/or appraisals.

Design, 2–10 Employees

excellent

Comments: great, helped me a lot with my time.

Pros:

It helps me to better organize my time with my day to day life.

Cons:

I don't have anything like that that I like less.

Marek
CEO in Poland
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Factorial REVIEW

Comments: The software proved to be a reliable and user-friendly solution for HR management. Its comprehensive features provided valuable tools for handling various HR tasks efficiently. From managing employee data and leave requests to facilitating performance evaluations and document storage, Factorial offered a holistic approach to HR processes.

Pros:

There were several aspects of Factorial that I found particularly appealing. One of the things I liked most was its comprehensive HR management features. Factorial offered a wide range of functionalities, including employee onboarding, time-off management, document management, and performance evaluations. This all-in-one platform made it convenient for businesses to centralize their HR processes and streamline their operations. Additionally, I appreciated the user-friendly interface and intuitive navigation of the software, which made it easy to navigate and utilize its various features.

Cons:

There were a few aspects of Factorial that I found less favorable. One area that I liked least was the limited customization options. While the software provided a solid foundation for HR management, there were certain aspects that couldn't be customized according to specific business needs. This lack of flexibility might be a drawback for organizations requiring highly tailored HR processes or unique workflows. Offering more customization options would have allowed for a more personalized experience for different businesses.

Denisse
HR Specialist in Spain
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Factorial for our changing process

Comments: We use to make the payrolls with a company and for me this process was terrible, was that time of the month when i really not wanted to be on. Now all this process is really easy and the communication with payroll staff is vry clear and fluid so any doubt it´s solved at the moment.

Pros:

What we like the most was how easy is understand the platform and used. There´s no one who can not be able to find what they need or registered in the platform. How easily is complete the payroll process and how attent are the payroll staff. That i can use the platform for more than just one use, as example: payroll, recruitment, as documentary, to share documents with the employees, etc...

Cons:

What i like least is that in the lead product that i think is the payroll i mis some usabilities as do changes directly in the payroll when are ready, like last minute changes that make the process return to scratch. Will be more easy if i can do it online. I really miss create differents document folders. I think that right now you have it but it´s a differente package.

Sara
Operations Specialist in Spain
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Very good option for HRIS - based in Spain

Comments: In general it was very positive. Is one of the best HRIS I ever tried. Focused on the spanish adminsitration, is a very complete one.

Pros:

All features have been implemented and improved during last years. Is a very complet HRIS for PTO, time and attendance, onboarding, task list, data base, documentation, hirings, review process, singature and other important needs

Cons:

When I implemented, I had a lot of employees based in other countries. Inthat moment, it was not ready for these differences.

Consumer Services, 501–1,000 Employees

All hr information Conected in one platform

Comments: for me it is a great HR Platform, because you can manage everything in one tool! even if you are from the HR Department, or an user (employee) that self manage their neccesities.

Pros:

it's easy to use. to ask for a free day it's quick, because your manager receive an alert to be approved or denied, you can control the schedules of all the employees, vacations, the exact hours an employee has worked. Also, all the information of all the employees in one hand.

Cons:

I think it is necessary to find another way to control attendance, either by synchronizing with a work tool to avoid forgetting to record worker attendance. In my case, I had to set a daily alarm to remember to fill it.

Maiari
HR Business Partner & Operations Manager in Spain

Factorial for IT

Comments: The "problem" that this has solved is abiding by the Spanish law implemented last year for employees to clock in daily working hours. If we get an inspection, thanks to Factorial, we Will not have any problems. It is also easy for our travelling consultants to clock in wherever they may be worldwide.

Pros:

It is easy to use and as the administrator it is easy for me to see if employees are clocking in their hours and chase them if they are not. Also if one forgets to clock in one day it is easy to fill in the hours afterwards. I believe the payslips and time off work well (from a friend who uses it in his company) but we have our own system internally so I do not use this personally. Also when I have had an issue client services get back to me very quickly.

Cons:

Can´t think of anything that I do not like about it.

Megan
Head of People in Spain
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use, nice user interface

Comments: It has only been a short period but so far the service has been excellent and we are happy with the product in general. It is still quite simple and some complexity needs to be added regarding historical data and the employee journey but this feedback has been shared and is being actioned.

Pros:

The day-to-day operational features are easy for users and administrators. Eg. clock-in, time off, employee directory, org chart, viewing and sharing documents, announcements, etc.

Cons:

The product is still in its early stages. It needs more depth regarding employee historical data (eg. changes of position and manager). The reporting could be a bit more automated but the Customer Success team has been very useful to guide regarding any doubts.

Alireza
CEO in Türkiye

Half Baked Features but worth the money

Pros:

It has a great UI and its fairly easy to setup support was really great

Cons:

Most of modules lacks enough features and there useless features that just confuses you

simon
CTO in UK
Insurance, 11–50 Employees

started so well before going downhill very fast

Comments: Poor and unhelpful service.Support is useless, if they respond at all.Our account handler keeps sending us PDFs to get us to pay more.

Pros:

they clean modern approach to HR softwa4re with great UX

Cons:

They have changed the pricing on us 4 times increasing each time and now and want us to now double AGAIN