15 years helping Australian businesses

About Adobe XD

On-premise UX tool for businesses that helps create designs for web and mobile via prototyping, sharing, collaboration, and more.

Learn more about Adobe XD

Pros:

It can be designed very easily, its interface is totally friendly and it is very pleasant to use. It integrates very easily into the entire adobe suite.

Adobe XD ratings

4.4
4.2
4.3
4.3

8.4/10

Adobe XD has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 1,068 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Adobe XD before?

Filter reviews (1,068)

Ilan
Ilan
Freelance Graphic Designer in US
Graphic Design, Self Employed

Adobe XD review

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My experience has been positive, I grasped the essentials simply enough beyond minor differences compares to other software and whenever anything new comes along there are a wide variety of tutorials both official and by other creatives to find advanced functions. After importing art assets made with other Adobe programs there is a major satisfaction in seeing your carefully made digital design pieces link together and form a cohesive narrative, functioning as a singular design in tandem.

Pros:

Adobe XD is a fairly simple to learn program for handling front-end app/website design and interplays easily within the Adobe program framework by importing designs from their suite. It does have a steeper learning curve than Illustrator for example in my opinion, but it is integral in clearly building a flow between pages on a digital display. The animation methods in it let even a novice create common menus and transitions which is encouraging.

Cons:

It can take getting used to in understanding the overall actions menu which has less options visible than are shown by default in other Adobe offerings like Photoshop. As well there are two areas split between design and prototyping to learn.

Parwinder
Parwinder
UX/UI Designer in India

Best Software for Creating UX Flows, Prototypes, Mobile apps and Icons

Comments: I am using Adobe XD for UX Designing since 2017. It was a great experience for me. It didn't take much time and effort to learn this. Now I can create anything in Adobe XD. Animating a prototype whether it's a Website or Mobile App is my favorite thing. I used Figma Also but, Adobe XD is one step ahead in my case. I can directly edit an image from Adobe XD to Photoshop which makes it different from other applications around.

Pros:

Adobe XD stand in one of the most using UX Tools. Adobe did really a good job by creating this. Let me share my experience with Adobe XD: 1) It's very light, fast, and easy to use. 2) Working on multiple artboards and animating them while prototyping is an awesome feature. 3) Adobe XD is very good at managing assets, layers, and components. 4) Support for Cloud is outstanding. there are many more features...

Cons:

1) Sometimes, it gets closed automattically. I am not sure if the problem is on my end or not. 2) Pen tool can be improved a little bit. 3) Too much use of the artboards can lead to a laggy environment.

Product Designer in UK

Better Software out there

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Adobe XD was easy to use and fit well into the Adobe CS ecosystem.

Cons:

As Adobe XD has been discontinued, its development and support has stalled and there are better prototyping tools out there. I've only still got it to view legacy projects.

Faz
Faz
Head of Product in UK
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

XD was good for Brickflow

Pros:

The deployment and pick up of CSS is great for devs the dynamic dimension changing is super helpful too

Cons:

Its becoming dates and tools on included are being limited. Not all fonts come as standard and need to be downloaded and limited AI features

Jason
Jason
Web Designer in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

I have distanced from Adobe, but this tool is great

Pros:

This is a really well made UI prototyping tool. Adobe has done quite a good job with this. The best part is that it's completely free to use it, the only thing that you have to pay for is multiple published prototypes at a time. I'm okay with just one, and prefer to control my own files anyway. I really like that this is not browser-based, I hate that so many new design tools are browser based as they do not perform well and are generally buggy, plus they generally tie you into their system, you can't control your own files. Worst, you can't do anything offline. Native is absolutely the way to go for this sort of thing.

Cons:

It's lacking a dark mode. This is suuuuuuper annoying to me, especially since Adobe tools have generally been dark mode by default for years. It is also a pain to access plugins, they need to improve the interface for that or let plugins add their own interface. Would also like to see scroll areas and some other features, but can't fault them too bad as the tool is fairly new and they are regularly adding highly requested features.

Ngala Emmanuel
Ngala Emmanuel
Web Designer in Cameroon
Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

It's a powerful tool for design consistency and great workflow

Comments: Adobe XD helps to save time on work and enables me to add awesome animations to my projects. It's a better way for me to learn while doing.

Pros:

I use Adobe XD for web design and user experience purposes. For me, it's a great tool because it's time-saving and quality-driven.I use it to create web page user interfaces. It's pretty simple and offers more extensive features as compared to if I had to work only with website builders (that are somewhat limited).After creating the user interface, I export them in individual elements such as PNG or JPG files and sometimes PDF (for the entire page) which I use directly into WordPress using Elementor.It's an innovative way for me to get projects done on time whenever I feel they're bulky and I'm somehow pressurised by customers.Adobe XD empowers my designs with powerful animations that I could realize using extra tools like GSAP or similar alternatives.It's ease-of-use and versatility makes it one of my most recommended software for both web design and web development.

Cons:

Like any other Adobe product, XD can sometimes be challenging - with its extensive features, it can appear to be hard to learn and adapt to but with time, everything is because of a child's play.

Enrico
Creative Director in Italy
Design, Self Employed

A good software for beginners

Comments: As a general experience it is good all things considered, but as already mentioned it is a software that can be improved enormously and which has not expressed its full potential

Pros:

The main thing I like is that it is a software that is part of the Adobe ecosystem, so its interface is very friendly if you are already a user of Adobe softwares. Also you can take advantage of all the collaboration/teamwork and invoicing functions made available from Adobe

Cons:

On certain functions such as animations and graphics it is very basic, it is very good for beginners or for those who need to do quick prototyping without too many demands

Kevin
Product manager in UK
Internet, 11–50 Employees

Very good software for web development

Pros:

Easy to use. I use it for creating wireframes mostly and also work in collaboration with designers and developers for specifications.

Cons:

I believe the software is being depreciated. There was an issue with some police sizes not representing an actual size when on the website.

Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

My web designer

Comments: it offers a range of functions for animating shapes and saves a lot of time

Pros:

It's an easy-to-use tool that lets you design websites and application interfaces, and it offers several features, including the iphone format.

Cons:

It's a tool with several functions, and its interface needs to be improved ergonomically, since it has several functions

Madeby
Designer in Czechia

Adobe XD compared to Figma

Pros:

In adobe XD I like the connectivity with other Adobe products.

Cons:

This tool has some troubles compared to fresher Figma with more functionalities. Also the prototyping is troublesome.

Davide
Front-end developer in Italy
Design, 11–50 Employees

A very good player in interaction design tools battle

Comments: My overall experience is positive. I needed a lot to abandon Sketch in favour of Adobe XD, but now that it shares a lot of the features of these kinds of products I'm quite happy. The problem that I see is that maybe one day it will require a payment. However, if you are paying the Creative Suite it is not a problem. In addition to that, nowadays we have a lot of interaction design tools and no one will reign forever: eventually you could switch to another option.

Pros:

It's not a secret: one of the most important and appreciated feature of Adobe XD is its price. Until 1 year ago it was not able to compete with Sketch and the other tools in the interaction design field. However, in these days Adobe XD offers almost the same functionalities as its competitors: saving in the cloud, a pretty good prototyping tool with the opportunity to share a prototype link, the use of symbols and styles, a decent vector pen. The auto animate feature makes incredibly easy to create simple functional prototypes. Moreover, nowadays the integration with others applications of the Adobe Creative Suite works pretty well. Last but not least: I find that its performances are quite good, compared to similar software.

Cons:

I find frustrating that Adobe XD doesn't integrate a minimum of bitmap editing features. While in Sketch and others software like that you rarely need to use another application, whit Adobe XD it's different. Obviously it makes sense, having Photoshop in the Creative Suite, but I believe that some integrations could boost the productivity. Moreover, I would like to have a customizable toolbar. Some functionalities, for example the Layout toggle, are not so accessible with the mouse and you must remember a lot of shortcuts.

Tony
Sr. Graphic Designer in US

Industry standard for UI/UX design

Comments: My experience with Adobe XD was great, it helps me get my job done fast and smoothly, it is also free and available offline so I can work anytime anywhere.

Pros:

I like the powerful and easy to use features that was bundled with the software. It includes everything I need to design and setup wireframe as well as try out my design instantly without install any other component. The software is easy to use and learn, the user interface is straightforward and simple. If you are already a user from other software from Adobe, you will finds Adobe XD have a similar feels to the software you used.

Cons:

Since this is a free software, it comes with some limitation such as there is no way to transfer your prototype or wireframe into an official design because the software is only for develop wireframe/prototype and it is not for coding so if you are satisfied with your wireframe/prototype you needs another software to coding your work into a real website or mobile app design.

Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

It is an essential proffesional tool and optimized for pro Adobe

Comments: It is an essential and suitable tool for any designer who wants to get into interface design. With the errors encountered, we have already produced hundreds of products since its release.

Pros:

It is an indispensable professional tool and optimized for Adobe pros. I can easily exchange assets from other Adobe software, like Photoshop, Illustrator or even After effect. The plugin developers are starting to offer really useful features because Adobe and the software offers a lot of possibilities.

Cons:

For the moment, without an internet connection, we have encountered many bugs, impossible to solve with its incomprehensible error codes and even not found on the software support. The technical support (human) offers solutions that are already listed in the online support, and already tested several times.

Megan
Co-owner & COO in US
Design, 2–10 Employees

AdobeXD Changed the Way We Design Websites—For the Better

Comments: Overall, Adobe XD has been an invaluable web design tool for our business. It's much easier to use than many of the other, similar software out there and already comes with our Adobe CC subscription, making it a no-brainer!

Pros:

I love how Adobe XD was so easy to learn to use! Since I was already very familiar with Adobe's other software, learning Adobe XD was a breeze. It allows us to create highly functional and beautifully designed websites for our clients, while saving us a lot of time!

Cons:

As Adobe XD continues to update, I'm sure there will continue to be more and more features. Increased functionality with its prototyping abilities is one area where I'd love to see continued improvements.

Amy
Amy
UX+UI Designer in UK
Design, 11–50 Employees

Excellent bit of kit - it's my go to as a UX+UI designer

Comments: Very good, would highly recommend and would roll out for a larger team. Could do with a better development platform.

Pros:

Love how scalable and quick everything is. Really intuitive to what I need it to do and switching out content is a dream. Compared to other softwares, this one really speeds up my process and is my go to.

Cons:

Expensive. Costs a lot and dislike that it's subscription only. I like Sketch's plan where you pay a set year fee, if you want ongoing support and updates then you pay for another year. Dislike that there isn't a strong component structure like Sketch. No ability to add new pages like in Sketch. The XD Development platform is poor at best. You can't push up singular dartboards - you have to push up all which is horrendously inconvenient. Artboard isn't infinite. Collaboration is clunky - constantly tells me I don't have enough space to collaborate

Prototyping UI at best!

Comments: Overall it has made mine and my client visualization better by seeing and interacting with the site before the development phase.

Pros:

1. An everything suite for all your Ui/Ux needs. 2. Adobe XD includes artboards which is one of the best element needed for creating different pages for your website or mobile UI. 3.Shared assets makes your work easier by just compiling all your common elements of a design into a pallete and one change to the element can change throughout the project. 4.Prototyping is extremely easy, just a flip to prototype mode and easy as dragging elements and linking each other. 5. Live preview: If you are using an MacBook for adobe xd, it includes an awesome feature for live preview for prototype on your iPhone. 6.Repeat Grid : One of the best features in adobe xd thaat lets you repeat elements either horizontally or vertically inspite of you repeatedly copying and pasting. 7.Perfomance: Opening an XD file is as quick as a fox.Even the interracting with interface is extremely easy and fluent.

Cons:

1.Live preview is only available for IOS devices which is a great disadvantage for windows users. You have to upload the UI on your creative cloud then only you can see your work on your android device. 2. Animations is still in progress as it is not introduced in adobe xd but company states to soon release animation in Adobe XD itself. 3. Many features are needed which are either in development or introduced but not good to be used by professionals. 4. Heavy vectors can sometimes make Adobe Xd crash.

Animation, 11–50 Employees

Adobe XD Helped us to make amazing Prototypes

Comments: We are recently got into UI/UX Design, and adobe xd helped us to build some really good prototypes for projects like music app, food ordering app, stock exchange and eCommerce, we can create almost every kind of app design by using adobe xd tool, there is some work that needed to be done of built-in animation. we create websites and app mockups with adobe XD and the benefit is we can create industry standard work with help of adobe XD, so i will definitely recommend the use of Adobe XD to those who want to get into UI/UX Design

Pros:

Adobe xd is helpful when we are working on creating a user interface and user experience design; for an upcoming App idea, it helps us to visualize the app before its made it helps to prototype the working of an app which gives us a better idea how app will look before the development team starts building it, it is filled with all the functions that is needed to create a design, we can design and make a prototype, we can integrate it with adobe creative suite which is helpful in getting all designs solution at one place. Adobe xd can is useful in creating web and mobile app prototypes. we can add plugins which is really good thing.

Cons:

It supports plugins, but that's very limited in front of sketch and it is difficult to do advance animation of a prototype in adobe xd; apart from that it is a perfect tool for all the design need and it has some predefined presets which we can use, so it's good. the interface of adobe XD is difficult for beginners so if someone who is new to adobe XD might need some proper tutorials and course to learn the interface once you get used to it is easy to work. there is some issues when testing our projects into android devices

Patrick
Patrick
Web developer in Nigeria
Computer Software, Self Employed

Awesome software for web design

Comments: Adobe XD is a life saver when it comes to wireframing websites for my clients to approve first, before jumping in to code.

Pros:

When I started out as a frontend web developer, I needed to know how to create designs with softwares, I found photoshop to be too complex, but when I came across Adobe XD, it was life changing.I like how simple the user interface is. Adobe XD is very easy to use. It has a lesser number of tools but they get the job done pretty well.I like that it allows integration with certain services and its support for plugins, goes on to further make work quite easier.Prototyping is also very easy to do, and there are lots of learning materials available on the Internet.

Cons:

It needs more export and collaboration option.

Abid
Abid
Manager Operations in Pakistan
Banking, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Incredible and Professional Tool For UI/UX Design

Comments: According to my experience, this is the best UI/UX design tool. My overall experience with Adobe XD is really nice and good because I always create my website and application designs in the Adobe XD. I am really satisfied with the vector drawing tools. I always resize a group of components or objects for different screens and dimensions. The features of this software are really incredible for me because the software has helped me to design a lot of good things.

Pros:

Adobe XD is an incredible and professional platform that allows users to create the design for mobile applications, websites, voice interfaces, games, and more. The software dashboard is really easy to use. With Adobe XD you can create stunning and beautiful designs for your websites and apps. Between different elements, you can create animations. You can share the design with your friends, team, and clients so they can check your design expertise and they can give feedback to you. You can also export your designs for the After effects.

Cons:

No doubt, Adobe XD is one of the best Adobe products. According to my experience, there should be more external additional plugins for the beginners, so they can easily apply a lot of more things. Even these plugins can be useful for advanced users. I really love and like all other features of Adobe XD.

Nitin
Nitin
Senior graphics designer in India
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Most valuable prototyping tool for UX designers

Comments: XD is entirely a valuable prototyping tool for UX designers to learn, practice and create a industry ready prototypes. Its heavy on machine sometimes if you create vector rich prototypes but that can be manageable.

Pros:

I almost loved everything but I liked their interface and shortcuts as they are really easy to learn for adobe suite users. Everything atored on cloud, if me and my team forgot to save, it saves automatically and can be accessed from anywhere. Gerting feedback on protyping is so easy that I need to share a preview link, it send all comments to me and my teammate's email.

Cons:

The only thing that lacks is they don't allow to save file offline on local machine so you cannnot send or share file to anyone if he don't have access to your account.

Marlyn
Marlyn
Marketing Operations Manager in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Design without having so much knowledge

Comments: Adobe XD allows me to have a view of the applications that I am designing not only for desktop view but also to see how the web application would look on a mobile device and a Tablet, in addition, this application allows us to work collaboratively with other colleagues helping To speed up our projects and be aware of new modifications from other teams, this application also allows us to improve our prototypes in an easy way and without being a programming expert.

Pros:

I like Adobe XD because it is software that facilitates design of applications for the web, it is a fast tool, I like that I can make designs for different devices and for different types of screen sizes. Adobe XD shows the design in real time, the integration with other software from the adobe range is good such as, Photoshop, Balsamiq, Sketch, Adobe XD allows you to change images, decide colors, modify some shapes, this application allows you to edit, modify, making changes to a UX design is easy, and doesn't require as much programming knowledge.

Cons:

Something negative about Adobe XD is that, being a relatively new software in the design range, today it does not have a large community behind it, this makes its learning curve a little longer.

Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

A great UI/UX tool for UI/UX Designers

Comments: Overall Adobe VD has been a great UI/UX tool for designing Web Pages for our Clients and demonstrating our designs.

Pros:

The prototyping feature is the best as we can showcase our design flow to our clients before going to development.

Cons:

A better optimized web version would make it better. It would be nice to have the design in multiple devices at once and not having to download the app in each device we have to view the designs in.

Nate
Nate
Digital Creative Director in US
Marketing & Advertising, 501–1,000 Employees

Protoyping Gold

Comments: Similar to what I mentioned above, I use it every day. It has everything I need to be able to get wireframes, full builds and prototypes out the door and to market quickly. the integration with Photoshop and Illustrator file has also made life much easier in terms of using it across the Adobe platform. It just keeps getting better with every update they make. Fluid, helps with efficient workflow, and allows you to share assets and prototypes with clients more easily than any other. The video export can make it easy for someone who isn't viewing a realtime preso understand site/product flow and what the overall experience could be. I just can't say enough about XD. So glad Adobe got in on the UX/UI game. It was only right.

Pros:

XD eases workflow, is light, and allows for quick building of anything that needs prototyping, especially products. It's also great for web and mobile builds. The features they've added recently, such as voice activation, new transitions, and exporting makes this second to none. I know many people are hot up on Sketch, rightfully so, but as an Adobe CC user, this is the tool for my everyday needs. Couldn't ask for more.

Cons:

There is nothing I dislike about XD. I've gone from using Photoshop almost entirely because the program is so lightweight and allows for greater scaling on large projects. I can't say enough about it.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
Design Manager in US
Design, 11–50 Employees

A nice updated tool to work

Comments: My experience with the program over the years has been satisfactory, I know there have been cons since I started using it, but the pros I think highlight its usability.
They have paid attention to the needs of the users, since I have seen improvements in the presentation and in startup aspects that are really appreciated although I would like to see more. I think they can give more.

Pros:

If we talk about positive things that this program has, they are the new updates that allow my workbench at a glance in the program to allow me to organize and find at a glance everything I need, allowing me to design more workbench prototypes combined with autoanimate . In the company we work a lot with 3d animations and this program makes the implementation and transformation of logos or shapes easy to 3d

Cons:

I think that there are several areas of displacement to my liking, since I like to move quickly, on the other hand, with the teams we sometimes work in night shifts and screen backup options for day and controlling the night theme at night would help to blend in. for work in a better way.

Erik
Graphic Designer in US
Security & Investigations, 11–50 Employees

A valuable tool for designing and prototyping

Comments: I am able to share and collaborate on my design projects via Adobe Creative Cloud so other members of my team can see changes in real time and make notes and edits as needed.

Pros:

I am grateful to Adobe for having a web design platform available within the Adobe suite. The interface is very clean - similar to Sketch. You can directly export to Zeplin with its own shortcut which is incredibly useful for sharing design specs, swatches, and asset guidelines automatically for coding purposes. Also being able to copy assets from Illustrator is incredibly useful even though the assets don't import correctly all the time.

Cons:

You can not directly export to Sketch or save files in Sketch format. This is a HUGE problem. Adobe has the capability to implement this feature and simply refuses. I understand they don't want to cater to other platforms, but it is a necessity to be able to work with Mac designers as Sketch is the standard for Apple users. Importing assets from Illustrator or copying assets from Sketch files creates issues. The responsive sizing is less than ideal as it tends to warp assets and bend vector paths in odd ways. Designing within XD is fine but it doesn't seem to play well with others (even within the Adobe suite) making it my last line or defense when executing projects under Lunacy by Icons8, Zeplin, Invisionapp, and Sketch.