Perimeter 81 Reviews

4.5 (11) Write a Review!

About Perimeter 81

Perimeter 81 is a leading network cybersecurity solution offering secure remote access and network capabilities.

Learn more about Perimeter 81

Perimeter 81 ratings

4.8
4.8
4.5
4.5

8.8/10

Perimeter 81 has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 11 user reviews on Capterra.

Sort by

Have you used Perimeter 81 before?

CEO in Israel
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees

Easy to secure our salesmen

Comments: Run a team of 25 salesmen with laptops around the world connecting themselves form a hotel or coffee shop. Before lots of headaches with clients, updates, etc. Now nothing.

Pros:

That I can secure my team without headaches.

Cons:

No cons at all. Management and starting up running the software is super easy.

Domenico
Presales Engineer in Netherlands
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees

Finally a safe and simple VPN

Comments: I can manage the onboarding and offboarding of external users and suppliers quickly and easily. I can also create WebApps to facilitate access for users or even IT administrators.

Pros:

It is a Cloud service that lightens management and maintenance activities, making the end user independent from expensive hardware solutions or complex software solutions. It integrates seamlessly with many identity management solutions. Unlike other VPN solutions, it also contains many features that increase the security of users' endpoints (eg DNS filtering and VPN Kill).

Cons:

I believe that password management and synchronization with IdPs can be improved, it would also be necessary to make it possible to create granular access rules.

philip
Head of Security in UK
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

Nice start up, but not fully matured yet.

Comments: We moved away from P81 due to it missing some features, however when speaking to them they were on the road map. I think the product has a lot of potential to grow and evolve.

Pros:

Easy to use, some nice features as well. Easy to manage.

Cons:

Not enough on the security side Poor logging No good traffic views or IPS/IDS ability

Mårten
Team Lead in Sweden

Happy Perimeter 81 user

Comments: Easy to use and great support.

Pros:

The support has been fantastic when we had any issues or problems. Another thing was how easy it was to get it working with our existing Azure networks.

Cons:

Our windows users has not been as happy the rest of us that use Mac, but they do not want to go back to the OpenVPN solution that we used before

Travis
CTO in US
Insurance, 11-50 Employees

VPN & SDP are useful for small teams

Comments: Overall I'd recommend P81 for remote startup teams but it is far from an enterprise grade product at this point.

Pros:

The software defined perimeter for remote work is helpful but the product is inconsistent.

Cons:

We've had issues with network speeds, disconnections, and the support we've gotten has been lackluster.

Khurram
Consultant in Canada
Accounting, 2-10 Employees

Perimeter 81 review

Pros:

It provides a user-friendly, equally safe interface and flexible remotely accessible environment ideally suited for small businesses.

Cons:

Occasional issues with connectivity and performance scalability

Director of Data Operations in US
Publishing, 11-50 Employees

Awesome support experience

Comments: I've found their support and software to be simple yet competent at every level.

Pros:

Easily configurable cloud VPN with convenient software and excellent support. I was able to easily configure clients on mac, windows, and even ubuntu, and their excellent support team helped us to get our AWS VPC networked with the VPN.

Cons:

No issues so far. Some sites were able to detect and block traffic as a proxy, but that hasn't been an issue.

Eran
Eran
Head Of DevOps in Israel

using SaferVPN for 6 month. With 30 active users on our account. The overall experience was great

Pros:

easy to use. multiple server across the globe. client support Windows, OSX and Linux users. nice web management.

Cons:

not supporting google authentication yet. Linux users doesn't have native client manual configuration is needed.

Antony
System tech in US
Events Services, 11-50 Employees

Perimeter 81 the got to VPN platform

Comments: Very happy with the service

Pros:

This system was so simple to setup and did not need any on prem HW

Cons:

I do wish that it remained you site address

Antonios
Student in UK
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Our IT department installed this software to every computer for students and staff.

Comments: To control and manage security alerts during browsing and securely sharing files across our network.

Pros:

It's a great platform to manage and control security during browsing, with tools and analytics to receive reports and alerts.

Cons:

The price could be a bit lower. Maybe the half. But overall the software works fine and we didn't face any difficulty in using it.

Tom
CEO in US

Simple to learn, allows businesses to create a secured network that connects with remote employees,

Pros:

I like that I can connect with my remote employees and no bandwidth limits. The pricing is affordable and 24/7 customer service.

Cons:

I liked least that it only supports Windows, OSX and Linus users currently. My clients use multiple sources.