USATestprep Reviews

by USATestprep

• Overall
    4.8/5
    4.7/5
    4.8/5

About USATestprep

USATP provides teachers with standards-aligned learning resources to help every student master state learning standards.

Learn more about USATestprep

Russell P.
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2018

"Great for the SPED community"

Comments: Classroom-based teacher

Pros: From a SPED perspective, USATestPrep is a great asset to have in your toolkit! It allows individuals to have an individualized learning plan, if the teacher puts in just a little effort. Here are the pros:
- Students can independently see their strengths and weaknesses and work to improve
- Teachers can offer remediation to small groups of kids who need help with specific topics
- There's a variety of ways to practice: question sets, performance tasks, reading assignments, videos, games, puzzles. Lots of ways to engage diverse learners.
- Teachers can control the difficulty of questions being asked. It's awesome!
- Teachers can shorten assignments (which is often an accommodation on the IEP) with the click of a button.
- This could be used as an extra support in a resource classroom to supplement what teachers are doing in the classroom.
- It's easily navigated by students and teachers.

Cons: No real cons stick out from a SPED perspective. I suppose one could say that because there's so much here, an individual could get "lost in the weeds" at first. But USATestPrep provides a lot of help and has great customer support, so just be patient and this will not be a problem. One may also feel that it's a steep price if funding is a difficulty, but when you consider all that's available through the platform - it really is worth it.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2018
Corey P.
Gifted Social Studies Teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2019

"An educational masterpiece "

Pros: The functionality of this project is superior to any of its kind. It’s aligned specifically to the standards that my students have to master and differentiated to reach each individual student. This makes my teaching preparation and colleague collaboration much more effective and efficient. I would recommend this to any teacher of any grade, content area, and level of student.

Cons: I like all the features involved with this program.

Peter B.
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2019

"A potentially useful test prep program"

Comments: USATestprep is an excellent idea. We used it as an organization for several years to help students prepare for high-stakes tests. Others are likely to have had better outcomes than I did, but this program wasn't for my students. We stopped using the program two years ago, so I also hold out hope they've revamped these questions. Some aspects of the program are highly worthwhile.

Pros: I really enjoyed how easy it was to sign up students for this program after we purchased a lesson. It integrated well with our class rosters. The games and activities were refreshing and fun for the students. Some (but not nearly all) of the questions were also worthwhile.

Cons: I used USA Test Prep to prepare students for the AP exams and our statewide graduation-required exam. I stopped using the program because it had serious issues with aligning questions to the standards. We found numerous questions that were not written at the correct level (Bloom's Taxonomy) and numerous others that were mis-categorized (i.e., fiction categorized as nonfiction). This is a paid program, so I was disappointed by this fact.

by USATestprep on 02/08/2019

Hi Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are always improving our alignment and are usually able to make adjustments to questions same day at teacher request. We'd be happy to offer you a free re-activated trial to review all updates made.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2019
Amanda H.

"Great for students!"

Comments: It has been wonderful for my entire school. Plus, customer service has been extremely helpful when needed.

Pros: It is an easy program for students to use. The questions are a great match to our state test. It is easy to see growth and assign individualized work for students. I love this program!

Cons: I wish that the program had the ability to divide the students by subgroups. That would help my data gathering.

Kelly B.
E-Learning, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2019

"Great for differentiation in classrooms!"

Comments: I have enjoyed using USAtestprep in my classroom, I will continue to use it as long as we have it here at my school.

Pros: I like that the curriculum is rigorous and straight to the point. My students can work on targeted areas of weakness and strength so that I can give them work that they need. Each student can have a login and not worry about being singled out for needing to work on a lower area. The tests are also awesome for setting of assessments that are preparing them for the end of the year.

Cons: When the website crashes, it throws the routine off. It doesn't happen often, but it sometimes has caused problems.

by USATestprep on 30/08/2019

Hi Kelly -- Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. (We know how busy teachers are!) It means a lot to us to hear how our product is working for students and you've obviously got a strong grip on one of the best features - personalized learning for students. Thanks again, and we hope you have a great school year!

• Reviewed on 29/08/2019
Shane P.
Instructional Technology Facilitator
Education Management
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2018

"Great test prep program. Arguably one of the best out there."

Pros: As a classroom teacher, USATP was phenomenal piece of the puzzle I used to ensure students were mastering content, progressing toward goals, determining gaps in knowledge, and engagement. Tons of pros with USATP. There's variety - whole class activities and games, preloaded assessments and quiz banks, performance tasks, benchmarking, review videos, interactive and content-based games.

Cons: Because there are so many great things about USATP, it takes some time to learn your way around. With that said, however, USATP has a great and helpful staff who are quick to help and offer advice. In some content areas, such as state history, USATP struggles to provide relevant questions in the bank. However, they have greatly improved over the last 7 years.

by USATestprep on 09/02/2018

Shane, Thank you for your review!

• Reviewed on 08/02/2018
Michelle S.
Teacher-Biology-Freshmen
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"USATESTprep Review"

Comments: We do a lot in the science classroom, but it is the best for getting our students prepared for the BIo Milestones.

Pros: It is an invaluable resource for preparing my students for the GA Biology Milestones Test. In addition, it has great bell ringers for daily use and the students love the immediate feedback as do I! They also like the games as positive reinforcement.

Cons: There needs to be some additional questions about age-structure diagrams and more questions on a few other topics or concepts, but they are extremely quick in responding and adding questions if we make them aware as classroom teachers.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2019
Killian B.
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2019

"USATestPrep: Setting students up for success!"

Comments: USATestPrep has been a great resource for my classroom. It allows me to easily differentiate tests, homework, classwork, remediation, and classroom activities. I can assign students practice based on what they need. I also love having my students do the Green Dot Challenge, where they compete to get green dots showing mastery on all of their content standards by the end of the year. Students get excited to play the games on USATestPrep, and they do really well interpreting the explanations and justifying their responses. Overall it's a great tool for teaching, review, and assessing students growth! My classroom has grown since we started using USATestPrep.

Pros: The questions aligned perfectly with the standards and used vocabulary that made them similar to state test questions.

Cons: I wish there was an explanation for why questions were assigned the DOK levels they had.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2019
John C.
Educational/Leadership Consultant
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2018

"Great for the classroom and diagnostic testing"

Pros: Easy to set up and save test questions, individual tests, run data, etc. This is our goto source for diagnostic and formative testing

Cons: It would be great if the program would allow you to throw out questions that appear statistically unreliable and rescore the tests for you, as well as show a curve option.

by USATestprep on 08/06/2018

Thank you for your feedback.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2018
Gina T.
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"Great for review and more."

Pros: Easy to access from anywhere and students like options like "retakes" on assignments.

Cons: Some settings are limited like sharing tests and practices from Assessments, which teachers could use to customize even more for students.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2019
Kristie J.
teacher
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2019

"USA Test Prep: An Invaluable Classroom Resource"

Comments: My overall experience with USA Test Prep has been very positive. Customer service and training opportunities are excellent. The ability to individualize, remediate, review, and enrich my current curriculum is a life saver.

Pros: USA Test Prep lightens my teaching load by giving me a comprehensive bank of resources that are aligned with my curriculum. Bell ringers, formative and summative assessments, tutorial videos, data, a grade book and so much more are well organized and easy to use for both teachers and students. Students and teachers both receive immediate and valuable feedback with which to improve student learning. Students enjoy the games and performance based activities, and I love how much they have learned and how well they have performed on state testing since incorporating this resource into my curriculum. My students have bragged to me that the state test was easy because of the activities they completed on USA Test Prep.

Cons: Honestly, the only con that I have found is that the program offers so many resources, it can be difficult at first to learn it all. However, the support the company provides is excellent, so every question I have ever had has been taken care of immediately.

by USATestprep on 28/06/2019

Kristie,
Many thanks for the review-- you made our Friday! We agree with your comment about there being so many resources, it can be easy to miss some of the options. We're working on making sure our teachers know EVERYTHING that is available to them and how to use it. If you ever have any suggestions on ways we can best let teachers know about some of the less frequently used (but no less important) options, let us know.

Thanks again!

Your USATestprep team

• Reviewed on 24/06/2019
Jacqueline J.
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2017

"USATestprep allows me the. opportunity to gather real time data to differentiate my instruction. "

Pros: I like the fact that student get immediate feedback. It allows me to which elements they are weak in. I am able to assign different assignments to students in the same class.

Cons: I do not like the following:
- unable to share assignments with teachers from other schools
- unable to time assignments
- students are able to copy and paste questions in web bowser

by USATestprep on 02/08/2017

Hi Jacqueline, Thank you for your review! The only type of assessment that can be shared among schools is a district-level benchmark, which is typically managed by a district administrator. As far as sharing all other assignment types, those can only be shared among teachers at the same school. However, I¿ll be happy to pass along your suggestion.

Every student result shows the start and end time, along with the elapsed time so that you can quickly see how long it took for the student to complete the assignment. As far as a timer option goes, that is something our development team has considered adding to benchmarks only.

Unfortunately, this is a potential downside to anytime a student is working on the internet. Our programmers are planning to block copy and paste functionality in certain areas of the site, such as vocabulary and short answer terms. Since free response questions are teacher-graded, we leave those answers up to your discretion whether they seem valid.

Doris B.
6th grade teacher
Primary/Secondary Education, 10,001+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2019

"Excellent and Fun Software for Test Practice!"

Comments: Simply an excellent experience overall.

Pros: My 6th graders love practicing their skills on USA Test Prep! They are challenged by some questions but the hints help them and they love that part! They are so ready for the testing in the spring that they tell me how easy the Milestones is for them. The students tell me that the best part of USA TEST PREP is that the questions use the same wording as Milestones, so they get used to the wording and know what to do when they see it. Overall an EXCELLENT product!

Cons: If I had to find something that I don't like, and this is being picky, every once in a great while there is a question with a word that the kids don't know. It's never a word that's vital to the question yet not knowing it causes the kids to stop, get a little off track with the math, and try to figure out the word. I am trying to remember an example but cannot....

Yolanda S.
Educator and USATestPrep Administrator
Education Management, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2017

"USATestPrep is an exceptional tool for teachers to utilize in the enrichment of daily lessons."

Comments: Easy data analysis with ease of teacher training. This product definitely improves standardized testing scores and student test stamina. As a daily lesson enhancement tool, this software is top notch.

Pros: I like having the ability to differentiate instruction and testing utilizing this software. I served as the administrator for my school and creating professional development opportunities was a breeze as the teachers were able to effectively use the software in their classrooms. As well being able to troubleshoot problems was easy. Students found that the activities were engaging and not overly time consuming. The test data was displayed in such a way that analyzing was made simple whether the teacher is a first year or a veteran.

Cons: I honestly do not have any cons for this software. I have utilized it and administered it in three different schools and I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Sandra S.
Teacher/Instructional Coach
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2017

"We use USA Test Prep throughout our entire school."

Pros: It is aligned with FSA. Our students could practice with a benchmark any time they liked. It really helped with our overall FSA scores.

Cons: I would like to be able to see old scores along with retake scores. I would also like to be able to see everything the student does even if they don't identify the teachers they want to see it.

by USATestprep on 04/08/2017

Hi Sandra,
Thank you for your review! In your assignment and benchmark results, you can see the students¿ original scores and retry scores displayed together (original on top and retry directly below). However, in your gradebook, you do have to toggle back and forth between original and retry.

If you would like to see everything that a student has completed, even what they chose not to report, then you can log in to the student¿s account (go to your Classes tab ¿> gear icon on far right ¿> Login link next to the student¿s name) and go to the Graded Work button on their home page. That will give an overall list of everything they¿ve completed on the site.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2017
Dorothy M.
teacher
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2017

"As I've learned more about the features in USAtestprep, I have been able to individualize !!!"

Comments: It is a resource that provides individualized practice of their specific areas of need. Students can see their results, the correct answers, practice specific skills they need to improve, they can practice those skills in a variety of ways, they can choose the skills they want to work on, they can access from any place they can get internet, they can follow their progress, and we can work together, using their data to talk about their needs. I love this program.

Pros: Being able to individualize to each student's specific needs. The ability to use for both formative and summative evaluations. The games feature that has the students working hard on skills to be able to play a short game. Earning tokens for games by working harder on their practices.

Cons: Hard to really think of any. As I've expressed my concerns, USAtestprep has been on top of accommodating my classroom needs. Not having workshops offered on weekends. I would like longer ones on weekends. The 1/2 day one I attended was too packed. I'd like more time to use the program as we're going over the things. And, I'd like to have the workshop on days I don't have to be out of the classroom - summer or weekend.

Amy T.
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"USA Test Prep makes differentiation easy!"

Comments: I have been able to prepare students for standardized tests, raising scores significantly. I can also document how students are progressing on individual standards using differention.

Pros: USA Test Prep allows me to help my students based on the standards. I can assign practice, tasks, games, or tests based on class weaknesses or individual weaknesses. It automatically tracks how each student is progressing on each standard. This saves me a ton of time!
Their customer service goes above and beyond. They not only answer a question but go the extra step to give you suggestions if it is an issue they cannot fix.

Cons: Occasionally there are not enough questions for a standard (but if I email them to ask for more, they work on it!)

Heather B.
Transformation Coach/MS ELA
Education Management, 13-50 Employees

"Individualized Learning"

Comments: USATP has been a lifesaver when it comes to collecting data, providing differentiated learning for all students, and tracking student progress on our state standards.

Pros: My favorite aspect is the ability to automatically assign each student practice based on his or her lowest area on a test. I do this after a pretest so that students are able to practice exactly what they need before the post test.

Cons: I dislike that one teacher can turn the arcade off for the entire site. I know when I am gone and a sub has my class, I like to turn the arcade off. But that means I am turning it off for another teacher's class.

Karen S.
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2017

"USATP is easy to use and gives multiple ways to remediate and test students."

Pros: I like having real-time data on their performance, as well as giving the students multiple ways to study and remediate on their own.

Cons: As a British Literature teacher, there are few passages that I can use to create exams for my students, which is how my school uses this software. I would like to have more DOK level 3 multiple choice questions for a wider range of texts. Also, it would be easier to have more questions for each passage, instead of assigning so many passages to the students in order to fulfill our DOK & standard minimum.

by USATestprep on 10/08/2017

Karen, Thank you for your review and feedback. I have passed this to the head of our ELA content team. If you haven't already, we suggest searching by passages, and sorting them according to how many questions are in each.

Carol M.
Teacher leader
Primary/Secondary Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2019

"UTP: the Equalizer"

Comments: UTP has provided our educators with a new level of confidence and engagement in meetings and in their classroom. No longer is one teacher standing alone in the data room. All teachers are able to access their data in real-time and provide feedback and assistance to the end user which is the learner.

Pros: When I go through a day and teachers that I work with feel good about assessment and assessment results it is a very good day. UTP has leveled the field in public education. Now all teachers can easily generate reports, disseminate data, collaborate in a meaningful way in PLC’s that can truly be data driven.

Cons: Would like more questions and standards alignment in a few areas

• Reviewed on 08/08/2019
Dianne O.
Science Dept. Chair
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2017

"My students use USATestP daily to review, reinforce, and extend the learning that goes on in class."

Comments: Improved test scores. Better conversations in the classroom. More engagement from my students. Easier communication with parents.

Pros: I love that the questions can be ordered by DOK, Standard, or domain. The different set ups allow me to differentiate in my class based on lexile and development. I can also create assignments that check for learning at the element, standard, and domain level.

Cons: I dislike that a printed quiz can only be 30 questions. Many of my students (live in rural area) don't have internet connection at home. So I print out the questions for them to complete at home. It's aggravating to have to print 3 different tests in order to ensure the students have access to all the questions.

Patricia F.
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2017

"Having used USA Test Prep in multiple settings, it is a very user-friendly and worthwhile program."

Comments: Students have individual needs met.

Pros: I love the fact that remediation can be created off of benchmarks. It's user friendly on that aspect. The times I have "issues" or wishes with it, I can contact customer service and often their response is that they are working on it or they will forward it to the development team. Some suggestions I have made in the past have been implemented.

Cons: The gradebook is cumbersome. Remediation doesn't fit easily in it. I wish remediation could come off of more than just the benchmarks.

by USATestprep on 01/08/2017

Patricia,

Thank you for your feedback. I agree about the Gradebook. The Gradebook is on our list of features to improve. Remediation can also be assigned from the Progress Report by clicking on a dot.

• Reviewed on 01/08/2017
Donna P.
ELA Teacher
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"USA TestPrep Increases Student Engagement and Learning"

Comments: My classes have shown growth in their performance on the Milestone assessment based on their practice and remediation within USA TP. I could not prepare my classes for their Milestone assessment without the resources of USA TP.

Pros: As an American literature teacher, my classes use this software weekly to prepare for the Milestone assessment. I love the ease of use of the software to create and grade assessments. Most useful are the options available to pull reports and compare data. The embedded data comparisons save me valuable time that I can spend planning instruction rather than crunching numbers.

Cons: I would like to see USA TP offer more American literature specific passages. Currently, our ninth grade teachers often use some of the same nonfiction passages that we use in eleventh grade. With more American literature specific passages, we can ensure that our assessments are accurate.

Melissa R.
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"Boost your test scores with rigorous practice."

Comments: I have had to contact support a couple of times and they are always wonderful at helping.

Pros: I use this in my classroom as well as with my personal children who are home-schooled. I have been using USA Test Prep for 5 years and consider it a required tool for my teaching. It allows me to assign students assignments that are individualized for their learning and makes grading very easy.

Cons: It does not allow for Spanish speaking students who are just learning English. As a home school parent it is too costly since I have to buy one subject at a time.

Tyler W.
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2017

"Absolutely GREAT customer support. They respond quickly and work with you in many ways. "

Pros: The incredibly amount of data and sorting it provides is truly great, and makes work on the teacher much less incredulous. The truth is that teachers generally know where students and what skills are appropriate to teach them. Sometimes, though, I was surprised to see that I was differentiating for a particular student incorrectly, and USATestPrep's data helped me to see where the student's weaknesses truly were. Moreover, when your department asks you for data, USATestPrep makes it INCREDIBLY simple to generate graphs. This used to take at least an hour in Excel with hand-graded tests, but now only takes a few minutes.

Cons: There are very few cons, but I wish there were more options to create your own questions. You can create your own questions to use on tests, but not to include in assignments yet. I think there needs to be a few more options in the question creation tool as well, such as to upload a picture for the answer choices.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2017