• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.2 /5

About Zendesk

Zendesk offers an industry-leading customer service solution.

Learn more about Zendesk

Showing 2,626 reviews

Brad B.
IT Manager
Machinery, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2019

"Ticketing Made Easy"

Comments: We have moved our complaints and daily customer service workflows into the system to provide better visibility within the company (multi-site) and to streamline our processes in order to reduce time to respond to the customer, paper, and time spent accomplishing tasks.

Pros: Zendesk has a simple solution that has extreme power on the back end. Users find the solution easy to use and to manage their daily work...while Administrators can build almost any kind of work flow they need. Additionally, Zendesk is constantly improving the product to challenge the market place.

Cons: Sometimes the feature that you need are not there, but the development team is open to suggestions and ideas on how to make the product better. Be active in the forums and you can see your ideas get programmed into the system to make it better.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2019
Carney Z.
Digital Production Artist
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2018

"Great program for a ticket system, but could use improvements."

Comments: I would definitely recommend Zendesk when it comes to a ticket system for around 10-12 people. But once you exceed around that amount and/or want very detailed reporting, goals, statistics, trends, etc., I would recommend a more intricate ticket system.

Pros: I like that Zendesk is pretty easy to understand and grasp. I also like all the reporting it provides, with a variance of statistics it calculates. The many different email/group/forwarding options are greatly beneficial when it comes to how tickets come in and are separated out. I like that ticket options can now include new, open, solved or pending, which is great to categorizing tickets.

Cons: I think Zendesk could use more options for statistics and reporting. Options such as setting deadlines and/or turn-times for tickets would be very beneficial when trying to report on and meet goals.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2018
Kinan J.
Customer Service Agent
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2019

"Customer support essentials"

Comments: As I have said earlier, this is a MUST-HAVE software for a great customer service experience.

Pros: Where to begin? You need this software if you are looking into having a professional approach to customer service. You will be able to track every agent's message and create tickets etc.. All in all, you NEED this for a good customer service experience.

Cons: Not really cons but I have faced some issues with this software recently regarding the automated triggers suspending some legit tickets.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2019
Educator Support Manager
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2019

"Very customizable"

Pros: Zendesk's support site is really robust, so if something isn't customized right out of the box the way you want it. Zendesk has various automations, you can set macros (which is text you frequently send) and they've slowly incorporated lots of support related channels so ensure you can represent your customer's preferences through chat, talk, or email. They have features, like Answer Bot, to try to push AI to decrease customer reliance on your customer support agents. I like that as an admin I can know nothing but pretty quickly put together a robust customer support solution.

Cons: If you want a customer support help desk website, they have the option called Guide. There's only one template. So, if you want something different, you need to know web design or teach yourself HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to have something unique.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2019
Jeff K.
Director, Customer Success
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2020

"It does what it does, but don't expect help"

Comments: We were using it track calls made to our support organization, and to track tickets created through other softwares. We pushed it into Salesforce.

Pros: It was easy to setup, and generally everyone has an integration or works with it. They are clearly the leader in the space for ticketing.

Cons: We literally could not do anything to get someone to help us with issues we had. Anything from billing, to support request to answering questions was a runaround. Tremendously disappointing for a company that sells ticketing software to have such a poor interaction when it comes to using it.
We were light users of it, and didn't warrant them answering all of our questions based on deal size, but it was still a nightmare.

• Reviewed on 25/08/2020
Matthew F.
Systems Administrator
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2018

"Affordable and simplistic help desk ticketing system"

Comments: Helps everyone focus on the work instead of the work order creation process or any other oddities in the work flow that is created by alternative ticketing softwares.

Pros: It was clean and simple and it allowed you to be as complex as you want on the back-end of the system, while only showing as much info to the end-user as desired. If you needed some special integrations or features, Zendesk most likely had something to offer, but the best part about Zendesk is how simple it is because it makes you really focus on the work and not waste time inside the ticketing system itself or doing any other workflows that may be necessary with alternative software options.

Cons: Zendesk feature request team did not seem to have much power over what features get implemented and which ones do not. Their support was great, but I found dozens (if not hundreds) of simple feature requests that had been open for multiple years.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2018
Jahangir A.
Administrative Support Executive
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2018

"One of the best customer service software for cloud based company"

Comments: From 2014 to 2016, our company has been used Zendesk for your customer service solution via the Technical support team. We used to manage, assign and distribute all knids of issues via Zendesk which really amazing tool and really saved our valuable time and make faster our regular scheduled working hour and increased productvity. I love Zendek and their smart service including lovely customer support.

Pros: 1. Super easy to use and pretty simple method to finish for initial setup
2. Visualization, Optimization and materialistic design
3. Syncing, connecting with the different team for assigning any ticket and solving with team method is really smart in Zendesk.
4. They have really helpful customer service for 24/7

Cons: 1. Distributing and managing any ticket to any specific team is still looks difficult.
2. Admin panel has restrictions for multiple people
3. bugs, slow and not connecting sometimes
4. Suddenly crashed and and need to restarted the broswer which is really bad.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2018
Data Protection Officer
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"Great software for customer support"

Comments: I think Zendesk is a great solution for things like customer support with a lot of different options to fit your needs, such as a social media tool as well. I highly recommend it.

Pros: I like how easy it is to use and how simple the interface is. The messages will be displayed in chronological order, the internal comments or escalations will be in a different colour to differentiate them; everything is simple but clear. In addition, there are a lot of add-ons that can be added depending to what you want or like (for example, a daily joke section to make the employees smile). Very happy with the use of Zendesk.

Cons: I wish it would have an option to easily verify when an email was received or bounced as this is not within the options and sometimes we do need to check that. In addition, though this is not really about the performance, I wish it could be personalized, meaning that there were themes available to make it look as you like.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
IT Specialist
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2019

"Great....#1 rating is well deserved"

Comments: Solid...5 stars for performance.

Pros: Ah...so many things to like here! For starters, I love that you can get a free trial before you buy (which we took advantage of for sure!) and after the trial, the price point is still relatively inexpensive. Tracking and automation features are helpful, and most appreciated!

Cons: Cant really say there is much I dislike. Let me think a minute about this...nope, still coming up with nothing! I'm a fan...great software to invest your money into.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Andrew P.
Co. founder , photographer, mixaoligist
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2019

"Zendesk Chat LIVE at A Glance"

Comments: I have realized after using Zendesk Chat that there was a lot of things and good opportunity's I had missed by not knowing the information that Zendesk Chat provides. I feel more confident in my business and I am making my costumers happier by understanding there needs faster an being able to provide the best possible service I can for my clients

Pros: I love the fact that when you first get it installed the program offers a free 14 day pro trial, and after the trials over It goes back to a free version. Zendesk Chat dose very well in teaching you how to chat right away so you don't miss out on any possible contacts /sales and as the tutorial is quite brief but effective . the look of the Zendesk chat is crisp and quite clean with everything you need right there in front of you with options to check website visitors, look at analytics, real-time monitoring, check the history or manage your team settings. When someone sends a request the dashboard will alert you and giving you critical info immediately e.g. the number of past chats you've had, the browser and operating system of the visitor & the visitor’s location, ,when it’s a returning customer , and time spent on the site. so you have everything you need to stay on top of your game & just in cast there is no one alive is able to answer, it will send a automated apology is sent to the person. What gives it the extra sugar on top is that it is very reasonably priced for all the features it offers & the help it provides is outstanding.

Cons: the only con I can think of that this application may have is its lack of integration to other programs beyond Zendesk

• Reviewed on 30/03/2019
Tomasz M.
Senior Web Developer
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"Great tool, lot's of options."

Pros: I started with Zendesk reluctantly, because I wasn't to thrilled about their design and some features that are a little bit less than obvious, but once you get a hang of it, it's a total life saver.
I got a first year free for my startup thanks to go.co - thanks a bunch! And I've been using it ever since. I'm a huge fan of integrating stuff, and once again, I was able to easily integrate Zendesk using their API into my consoles and keep track of what's what and who's who. I know at a quick glance who's responsible for what task and who's doing what. Paired with Asana, this is the perfect work environment.

Cons: UI could be a bit better... at least for the newcomers. Maybe they could consider introducing additional features over time, I'm not really sure what the solution is, but it is a bit overwhelming at the first glance, which may make some users unwilling to try it out. With options to jump to knowledgebase, chat and other sections that aren't built for tickets, I've heard my coworkers complain that's it's a bit much.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Rocky K.
Course Building Technologist and Business Coach on the Education Team
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2019

"Zendesk Chat (formerly Zopim) works good but ugh"

Comments: If you're using it for one single landing page or a very specific purpose, Zendesk chat is great for that. But if you want a chat software that does a lot of different things - like customer support on one page, sales on another, and tech help on another -- it's really hard to do without a developer. At the price we are paying, Zendesk chat is becoming long in the tooth. And we're still waiting on another chat software to change our minds.

Pros: It's easy to deploy, and very easy to get up and running. I've gotten my non-tech team to set their own automated messages without having to guide them. Once you're in their dashboard to chat with leads/customers, it's really easy to manage.

Cons: Like regular Zendesk's Helpdesk software, the backend UX is so outdated. There's options within options. You can jump around to many different settings to find the one option you were looking for tucked away somewhere else. I also dislike a lot of their conditional logic. It's confusing. I also don't like that if I wanted to have a bunch of different chat types, I'll can't set that up easily without writing custom code to set that up. It has that option, but only if you're a developer.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2019
James L.
Tech
Telecommunications, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2020

"Zendesk"

Comments: I can live chat with a potential client and propose the product or option and make frequent sales. I receive notifications in real time and respond without having to stare at my PC screen.

Pros: Zendesk has solved so many issues in one program. Pricing is good and a fair price. I can live chat with multiple clients at the same time or one on one. I can transfer files to my clients PC without any issues and it makes my clients feel safe.

Cons: I don't have anything that i would consider bad about this software in fact it's genius!

• Reviewed on 22/01/2020
Game Designer
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2018

"Zendesk is a simple and easy to use support ticketing system that can be used by anyone."

Pros: Zendesk has always been one of the go-to solutions for helpdesk software, but they've really streamlined their system over the last few years. It's simple and easy to use with straightforward options for even those who are new to using a helpdesk system. Zendesk is basically an email support system, where all emails sent will be routed to your Zendesk dashboard and show up as support tickets. Tickets are tagged with its own ID and even cross-referenced to see if a particular sender has submitted any tickets prior, so it's easy to check through the support history. There are also pre-defined responses, allowing for quick and easy replies for typical queries. Of course, these are actually what you might believe every helpdesk system should provide, but you'll be surprised at how much you have to pay and that some don't even have these options at all. Zendesk is actually very affordable and is easily scalable.

Cons: Zendesk is great when it comes to providing the basic needs for most when it comes to a support system. However, additional useful features come at a higher premium, and certain features like chat support is actually not directly integrated into a single dashboard.

• Reviewed on 02/08/2018
Jersson G.
IT Manager
Photography, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Zendesk helps us serve our customers better"

Comments: Overall, Zendesk is an indispensable part of our company. It has increased our productivity and customer satisfaction.

Pros: Zendesk has radically changed the efficiency of our customer service department. We are able to manage customer orders and requests in a very streamlined and efficient manner. Prior to using Zendesk, we used a shared mailbox that quickly lead to confusion, double work, and things getting missed. Now with Zendesk, we don't experience any of that. There is more accountability and less confusion.

Cons: I have not experienced any significant issues. The only con I can think of is that when I add agents, the software can become very expensive. I have seen competing softwares that are priced much lower and have more features.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Phil C.
Director of Sales
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2018

"Hands down the best support ticket system available"

Comments: Zendesk replaced our legacy ticket system, which was clunky and not cloud-based. With Zendesk being in the cloud, we can access customer information, ticket details, etc. from wherever we are. Perhaps most importantly, it permitted customers to give direct feedback as soon as a ticket is marked closed. This has been an invaluable tool for us in evaluating whether we're providing top-notch support.

Pros: Zendesk is extremely easy to setup and get started, and once it's up and running, it starts building itself out as a knowledge base. It's extremely easy to search the database, either by ticket #, customer name, application/category, etc. It also produces outstanding reports -- for example, the frequency with which the support staff opens/solves/closes tickets, which customers submit the most/least tickets, etc. In addition, it integrates beautifully with our CRM system (Nutshell) to provide seamless access for sales staff. With this, the sales team can see which customers have open tickets, etc. It's really great! The built-in feedback mechanism is also great, providing customers a chance to review the service received.

Cons: It's almost impossible to find something I dislike about Zendesk. I almost never hear any of the support folks complain about it, nor have I run into any problems using it myself.

• Reviewed on 03/02/2018
Laura N.
Member Services Coordinator
Renewables & Environment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2019

"Good ticketing tool, but not fully a fully customizable solution"

Comments: This tool has generally met our needs, but may not have been the correct choice for our specific use. If there was an app for end-users and some further customization available, it may be able to become what we had hoped it would be. It does do what it is meant to do very well; it should just be clear that there are limits to its customization.

Pros: Web interface and app are easy for agents to use and become familiar with. Forms can be set up and customized to capture a wide range of issues and set up to auto-send to the correct departments for quick follow-up. There is an ability to set up a variety of views and to share these or keep them to a single agent if desired. Once a ticket has been created, end users can reply directly from their email, which makes it simpler for them to use. Analytic tools in Zendesk aren't bad. The permissions and available types of users are good.

Cons: There are definitely some limitations to this platform that become more evident the more familiar you become with the system. There are some settings that cannot be customized on a per-form basis, and this makes it difficult to fully customize reporting and analytics properly. There are similar limitations on SLAs, especially when there are end users that operate with different hours/days of week, so some of the blanket settings become less useful in situations like this. There is no end-user app.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2019
Nikolaos A.
After Sales Support Tier 1 Manager
Maritime, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2020

"Amazing tool for any customer support team"

Comments: Overall, my 2 year experience using Zendesk was incredibly positive! I enjoyed both using it and configuring it and would easily recommend it to others. Plus, I think their support team did a great job, whenever we had a question we always got effective and timely replies.

Pros: I've used many ticket services in my 10+ years of experience with customer support and Zendesk is easily one of my top two choices. Incredibly easy to figure out and use!

Cons: To me the appeal of this product was its simplicity, compared to other products like Salesforce. However, if your team has complex needs then this might not be the tool for you as there is a limit to what you can do with it.

• Reviewed on 03/03/2020
Spanish Translator
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2020

"Great tool for customer support"

Comments: Zendesk has been an amazing tool! You have all the options you need to work more efficiently and as part of a team. It has so many features that you never stop finding new options to improve the work in the team. It is user friendly and it has a clear interface. You just need to take your time to find and learn how to apply all the features to your everyday taks. I will definitely recommend it!

Pros: It took me a while to get to know more than the basic features in this platform, and once I did I loved it. You can easily create macros, these are templates for emails or replies that you usually send. Using this feature you don't need to write all over again everytime you need to reply the same you can just find it there. You can create a lot of them and name them easily to find them later. You can even use tags to add the name of the user or any detail you may need. The other feature I use the most because we are several people in my team, is the option to assign tickets to other users. This ways you can 'send' a ticket to a colleague for him or her to reply or check it for you. It has SO many options that there is no way to name them all, and they are all super useful! The system can even detect the language of the message and assign it automatically to the member of the team that works with that language!

Cons: I am not sure I can say this is a negative thing. But I would like to see more video tutorials on how to use specific features and how they may apply to your team and company. There are a lot of help pages, but in order to find specific things you usually need to contact customer support, which is not bad, it just takes extra time.

• Reviewed on 27/05/2020
Erica d. B.
Director Of Administration
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2018

"Great software, terrible support (ironically); Hope you don't have to leave"

Comments: Our company has been using Zendesk for 5-7 years. I was not personally around when we onboarded it, but I have worked with it for over 3 years now. We have terrible trouble any time we did need support, for a system problem or a question we couldn't answer ourselves via their expansive maze of KnowledgeBase. The support reps at Zendesk have been accusatory, excuse-ridden, and most of all don't even read the tickets you submit to understand the problem (Zendesk support actually became an office joke. That's about the time we decided we had to look for another tool). When we met with our Account Rep to try to get some of the issues worked out, we were told basically that we weren't even supposed to have gotten the level of support we had received, and proceeded to explain how SaaS works (we're a software company, mind you). I think Zendesk simply got too big too fast, and somewhere along the way decided that the businesses using their product aren't important anymore. They lost this long-term customer.

Pros: Zendesk as a tool does what it is supposed to do, and it does it well. We used Support + Guide products, for ticketing for our e-learning business, and also for our Self-Serve support (knowledgebase). It is full-featured, and comprehensive. As far as support rep work goes, it's simple, to the point, and it integrates well with many tool because it is such a large company. It is designed for an enterprise company.

Cons: Because it is so full-featured, it can be years' work to get everything set like you need, and they provide little to no assistance. Some of the basic settings are so deep and so spread out, you'll spend hours reading through Help articles to understand how to customize your ticket form. It is NOT small-business friendly, it is really meant for large companies with someone dedicated to maintaining this software.

• Reviewed on 06/09/2018
Michele R.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2019

"It's what everybody's doing"

Comments: Overall, Zendesk makes customer service more efficient. As a manager, I'm able to see my employees satisfaction ratings, how long they spent that day answering emails, how long it takes them in general to answer an email, how long they spent on the phone, etc. Zendesk has been great in streamlining my customer service team while also optimizing the customer's experience.

Pros: Seems like Zendesk is the go-to for any e-commerce site these days. I wish there was another company that had the same amount of features and functionalities as zendesk does but I haven't found one. The chat widget is easy to implement and I like the option to have the "help" functionality act as a buffer between the customer and chat- we have the customer first try to find the answer to whatever question they have by searching our "help" articles. Then, if they can't find the answer they're looking for there, they can choose to chat with a live agent. This helps our customer service agents get the most out of their time- they're not chatting answering obvious questions that can be found all over our website (for the most part..).

Cons: What I like least about Zendesk is the automated "your ticket is open" and "your ticket is closed" functionality. This confuses customers a lot. We will close a ticket (email chain) and then zendesk automatically sends out to the customer a separate email that says "hour request is now closed." This really confuses customers- especially older ones. They'll send us a separate email saying "what request? what is closed" and we have to explain it to them, and then close the ticket again, thus sending the same "your request is now closed" email to them. Sometimes it's an endless circle.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2019
Marlon N.
Reservations Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"Fastest way to connect and interact with your website visitors!"

Comments: A wonderful tool to have on our Resort website! This tool has helped my team and myself close sales in less than 15 mins. Definitely a great tool for support as well. It's a faster and convenient way for clients to reach out to us and get information which leads to great costumer service! My team is very satisfied with Zendesk Chat and we look forward to its continuous updates! It is part of our sales & support team! Keep up the good job!

Pros: That our clients can visit our website and ask questions right away about our services and our team helps them I'm purchasing the right services there and then! We can see clients who visit our website and we can interact with them and offer assistance. My team has closed sales just by chatting with clients, which makes this a wonderful tool! We are very pleased with this service.

Cons: My team is very happy and pleased with this software! We have no complaints. It's very useful as it helps us provide instant support to our clients. This is part of our sales team!

• Reviewed on 05/12/2019
Maddie C.
Data Analyst
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2020

"Communicate effectively with your customers, ¡Use Zendesk!"

Comments: Zendesk, has helped me to perform better the solution of any problem that our clients may have, has given us the possibility of creating automatic responses, through different forms of communication, thus, it has made my work so fast and easy. Its reporting function is also really very beneficial, to see what the trends are, in sending emails to our dissemination team. Zendesk, has a great possibility to gradually increase the functions of our companies, helping us to move towards success, in a reliable and safe way.

Pros: Zendesk, is a reliable application, your ticket collection and autocomplete form is always available. In addition, it helps us resolve inquiries about calls, through your help in responding to the distinctive clientele of different media channels, and having them move through help guides before they can engage in a conversation with managers. I like Zendesk because its tools are necessary for effective management towards the guest, they facilitate the alternation of emails and take internal notes, in addition to recording telephone calls and voice memos are only for employee use. All your tools are vital to manage the accounts of our customers. It is highly recommended, a satisfied customer is one more achievement.

Cons: The main drawback of this skillful application, is that its long-lasting features and simple to implement, are requested by customers through the community, are not added to the product, the user interface is not one of the most attractive that exist , although it presents all the functionalities implemented at the same time, so enough time is spent to fully familiarize yourself with this software and make the most of its performance. Several changes can further improve workflows or provide better interaction between the company and the clientele. Your online training is not the most complete because you do not have fasting forums or personal training. There is no free trial available to test the software before you are told to opt for a paid plan with all available features.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2020
QA Engineer
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2020

"Recommended if you have high volumes of support tickets"

Comments: While there are a couple of issues with Zendesk, overall I find it a far preferable option to dealing with these tickets through e-mail, Slack, or a personal basis (barring cases where this would be the better solution). If you are getting enough volume of tickets that support ticket software seems like it'd help your business, you can afford to get it.

Pros: Gives you a central hub to handle support tickets (in my case, internal). Rather than handling issues faced by colleagues through e-mail or a chat program, thus, cluttering either up, you can sort it all away into a separate place. It usefully has both e-mail notification and Slack integration abilities, which means being aware right away when an issue is sent in. It also has the ability to link tickets from JIRA, so if an issue requires additional intervention from other teams, you now have that connection. Also useful is if you have some desire for anonymity (obscure/black box who specifically is handling issues), this will work far better than e-mail or Slack in providing that. There are also additional features such as stats and metrics, along with the ability to add tags to tickets, required fields, and macros to automate certain workflows. Again, if you are working extensively with handling issues of all manners, you will find Zendesk quite useful for you.

Cons: While the software does a good job of providing a central hub for managing support tickets, it has a couple of improvement points. The ability to not reopen a ticket if someone is simply thanking you would be nice, and one that has been requested a while that has never been implemented. Navigating the help center where you can write articles is a bit confusing to navigate and requires specific flows to get to view vs edit mode. Furthermore, the formatting tools you are offered for creating articles are quite limited, clunky, and awkward. If you want to write anything other than very bland and simple text, you'd be better off linking to an external site with better options, such as Google Docs.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2020
Christiane D.
Customer Support Team Lead
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2021

"A lot of features and fast and easy to use ticket system"

Comments: Zendesk is the most customizable ticket system in the market, a lot of features that can help to automate things. Plus you can also install apps that could be useful.

Pros: Zendesk has a lot of features, and customizable templates, it's not that easy to use as other CRM, so it may required traning, however this is because the highly customizable settings, and options the products offers. It's really easy to answer 100 tickets at the same time, using templates that will show the client's name and information, Overall a really good product, a bit expensive, but it offers a lot of features which makes the product a good product and good benefit.

Cons: It can be very complex/difficult at certain point due all the features that they offer.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2021