15 years helping Australian businesses

About Planner 5D

Photorealistic 3D rendering & home designing tool that enables interior designers to custom edit layouts of floors, furniture and more.

Learn more about Planner 5D

Pros:

Cons:

Sometimes it was a bit hard to navigate, and it seemed difficult to control.

Planner 5D ratings

4.5
4.3
4.4
4.3

8.3/10

Planner 5D has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 114 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Planner 5D before?

Sharon
Sharon
Interior Designer and Owner in US
Design, 2–10 Employees

If you are a E-Designer this is the perfect 3D interior design program

Comments: I was introduced to Planner 5D four years ago when I needed to do 3D model after my student Revit expired and my sketchup wasn’t doing the job for my rendering needs. I found it a little challenging in the beginning but after watching the tutorials on You Tube, I got the hang of it. You’ll need it when you are doing second levels. All of my clients love their designs, they come realistic. I would advise to show the plans prior to rendering, because rendering can get pricey. You can put together plans quickly and make changes on the fly. I tell all of my friends to try this program. I wished I had it in school.

Pros:

The pricing is excellent, really quick to learn and every design is beautiful when it comes together and it offered on every major platform and on tablets. Easy to apply different textures, wallpapers and paint colors. Gorgeous renders.

Cons:

I wished they offered curved and geometric objects to build with and more offerings for ceiling and roof treatments. The furniture catalog has come along way, but they need more offerings or be paired with larger retailers.

Kelsey
Owner in Canada
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Great software replacing old Houzz pro

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: It’s awesome I’m still learning and I love it

Pros:

I love that it’s easy to use and my customers can visualize their renovation.

Cons:

Not sure yet I havnt found anything that I don’t like

Jon
Mr in Canada
Construction, Self Employed

Very limted functionality

Comments: All too often I feel I am working against the tool, instead of with it. This is annoying and time consuming.
If somebody can give me a tip about a better tool, with the functionality I am listing as missing, I will change in a snap.

Pros:

Nice 3d renderings, although hard to zoom in and out.

Cons:

1: Buggy. Windows and doors skip around once added to a wall. I often have to put them back in place several times before they stuck. 2: I cannot create a room with irregular ceiling height, with different wall heights. The recommended "solution" using the magic cube is suboptimal, to say the least. If I replace a wall with a magic cube, I cannot add a window without losing the transparency. 3: I tried to create a loft with triangular end walls, which cost me all sorts of trickery and time, with a half-baked result. 4: Setting colors is a pain, because it is impossible to know to which part of an object (e.g. a window) a color square pertains. Trial-and-error is not good enough. Badly needed functionality: 1: Mark a room corner, and change its height, so that the adjacent walls and ceiling follow. 2: Change height of indivdual walls. 3: Make it possible to change size of each side and each edge of the magic cube, not only in the three spacial dimensions like now. 4: Make it possible to snap a door or window into the magich cube without losing the transparency. 5: We need a 'rubber band' grouping of objects, like in PowerPoint. 6: Grouped objects should be movable by arrow, not only ny mouse. 7: We need *menus* for grouping/ungrouping object, and a lot of more things.

MATT
Teacher in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Quality Learning Tool

Comments: Company was great and wonderful to work with in getting my students educational seat options.

Pros:

Students love the renderings and exploring features in 3d designs.

Cons:

So far there hasn't been anything that we haven't like about 5D.

Reuben
Mr in UK

Planner5D Review

Comments: Good, but not perfect, like any software in these developing days.

Pros:

Easy - to - use and very large catagory of 'things' that you can use.

Cons:

You have to get premium for you to be able to use the entire range of furniture as an example. The pricing is a bit sneaky.

Riabilitazione
Finance Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Valuable Design Management

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Planner 5D has structures that helps share numerous designs with customers for unique structures.

Cons:

Planner 5D has an imperative design control, and it saves businesses from extreme costs.

Construction, 51–200 Employees

Excellent app

Comments: Its easy to use with lots of design tools

Pros:

The rendering features is very nice and detailed

Cons:

The rendering takes time and more design tools should be imported

Jim
VP Sales and Operations in Canada
Furniture, 51–200 Employees

planner 5d

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Our customers are impressed when presented with renderings

Cons:

It can be time consuming when working with a customer. Not practical on the sales floor when we are busy

Nicole
Photographer in Cyprus
Photography, Self Employed

Love this app!

5.0 last month New

Pros:

This platform is very user-friendly. It has a variety of different options for furniture, decorations, textures, surfaces etc. that makes it great for visualising the space!

Cons:

Can sometimes be a bit fiddly when trying to rotate objects/move around, etc.

Bentley
Bentley in US
Construction, Self Employed

Bentleys review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Every good

Pros:

Easy to use and easy to understand best app ever

Cons:

I cant do a lot without paying for it

Bri
Teacher in US
Education Management, Self Employed

Not a pro

Comments: Extremely happy- I love the design battles. I can’t wait for Sunday nights when a new one comes out. I look forward to it all week and appreciate the ability to develop my design skills further.

Pros:

I have enjoyed Planner 5D because for a novice like myself it’s been easy to learn, has great features and there are updates and new items added in often, the items provided are contemporary but also have range for difference in styles. I’m impressed that you can scan in a room and design it- this is something I’ve needed all my life for when I move, absolute game changer. Overall, it’s a great product and the customer service department has been quick and great to give answers/ solutions.

Cons:

There are a few bugs to be fixed but they fix it relatively quickly and are happy to take the advice. Speaking with a customer service rep is easy and friendly.

Minal
Analyst in India
Computer & Network Security, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Analyst - loves decorating homes

Pros:

Vet easy to build and beautiful collections and good renders

Cons:

Very high costing, costing should reduced

Sean
Consultant in Singapore
Information Services, 51–200 Employees

switch effortlessly between 2D and 3D views

Pros:

This software is intuitively powerful, making it quick and easy to build the backbone of your dream home. Swap furniture like clothes, check sizes and materials instantly, and explore different color palettes. But it doesn't stop there! Design multiple floors, craft your ideal exterior, and seamlessly save your progress to share with friends, family, or contractors. Stuck for inspiration? Dive into the weekly challenge for a vibrant community of ideas. And switch effortlessly between 2D and 3D views to truly visualize your space.

Cons:

Planner 5D's vast array of creative tools caters to experienced designers, but some beginners might prefer a more streamlined platform.

Benson
Eng.Munishi in Tanzania
Architecture & Planning, Self Employed

This App is Real helpfull for Engineers and others users so that they can design realostic projects

Pros:

I like to plan Houses and some stuffs. You can add any textures

Cons:

Internal Products such as Tables and Chairs

Trevor
Designer in US

Planner 5D

Comments: Planner 5D is very useful for me. I can design houses and apartments easily and use my own imagination when building.

Pros:

I like how you are able to use templates if you don't want to build from scratch. I also like how the 3d is up to date.

Cons:

What I would improve about this indigenous website is that you should not make a lot of the objects for premium. Free users do not have a lot of options to choose from and I know you are trying to make money but free users can't express their ideas with limited options.

Paola
Aesthiecs in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Very good app for new users!

Comments: Overall, I give this app a 5 star review! Very good customer service.

Pros:

The thing I like about this app is that even though you don't have a subscription, you have a lot of features you can use.

Cons:

The only thing I don't like about this app, is that sometimes it can be very laggy.

Samuel
MPH in Singapore
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Best Customer Service

Pros:

easy to use. scan and start. customer service were very engaging. they helped me troubleshoot any issues rapidly.

Cons:

may not have all the modules / furnitures available at the moment.

Mark
Digital Design and Marketing in Australia
Construction, 11–50 Employees

The future of Home Design

Pros:

Planner 5D has made home design a breeze with its easy-to-use real-time Ai software. The real-time 2D and 3D views simplify decision-making. Planner 5D is not just a design tool; it's an enabler of creative projects. For creative design without the fuss.

Cons:

Could be easier to get a free test for the software.

Shashwat
Coordinator in India
Accounting, Self Employed

Great Service

Pros:

Really great website and very easy to use. I am a beginner and was able to use this service easily compared to other websites. Very intuitive and user friendly- you must give it a try.

Cons:

The subscription was a little expensive for beginners but they do offer a free trial which is great.

Mark
Chief in Portugal
Building Materials, 10,000+ Employees

Forget the free trial

Comments: Waste of time.

Pros:

If you are a homeowner and just want to do some simple reno planning, don't waste your time. Free mode gives you access to hardly any images - 1 or two toilets, no interior doors. Its really useless. You can't split a wall so you can accurately add a window, for example. Skip this one.

Cons:

Options too limited. Suck you in with "Design for Free" but you have to pay to get any value other than shape of the room. I can do that on paper just as quickly.

Vanessa
CMO in Portugal
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

No need to pay to a third party

Comments: Good experience because it's easy to use. We don't get too much frustrated.

Pros:

Easy to use, we don'tt need to pay to someone to do a interior project. Lot's of tutorial on Youtube

Cons:

Free objects and furniture very limited. One or two per category.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

Great up, though improve on backup features

Comments: I'm trying to create my own headquarters offices as well as my dream homes

Pros:

Easy to use even if you're not really an architect

Cons:

Back up...I lost all my initial progress just after I opted to create an account

bruno
director in Brazil
Accounting, Self Employed

Very Good Software

Comments: Stunning.

Pros:

One of the best softwares in the market, can deliver high quality renderings, amazing photos, easy to use.

Cons:

The price can be a bit better, and easier to make tryouts!

Matteo
Matteo
Agent in Italy
Real Estate, Self Employed

Easy and fast to use

Comments: My personal experience by now is really enjoyable and overall a good and fluid experience, wuold reccomand it

Pros:

The best part about this product is definitely the 3D rendering that can provide a lot of value to the service that i offer to my client.A product that i would for sure use and abuse to give tons of value and be different from other real estate agent.

Cons:

There's no a particular part that i don't like the most, it would came out after hours and hours of usage but for the first 10hrs everything is perfect and easy to use

Grant
Founder in US
Restaurants, 2–10 Employees

Awesome

Comments: Good! i need the paid version to make it worth.

Pros:

Its ease to use and self explanatory base.

Cons:

the cost was higher than expected and free is mid.