• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5

About Backlog

Project & code management, together at last. Plan work, track progress, and release code right in Backlog for all-in-one collaboration.

Learn more about Backlog

Showing 25 reviews of 75

Akhilesh M.
Software Test Engineer
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2020

"Backlog has your back!"

Comments: The product is clutter-free and any features that are added have simple use cases and helps in easier implementation. A good user interface to avoid daily hassles involved in bug/defect reporting daily as a tester.

Pros: Bug identification and creation have never been simpler. Its unique way to describe and categorize the issue at hand is well sorted and makes for a clean and understandable user experience.

Cons: There might be issues that are created and assigned by parts and during bug/defect identification and creation, assigning these bugs should have an option to assign multiple members instead of single-member.

• Reviewed on 02/05/2020
Cabin Y.
Chief Marketing Officer
Computer Games, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2020

"Easy and Very Useful tool to manage projects"

Comments: In general, gives a very good overview to the team and the project manager on who is doing what exactly. Following up on tasks that have not been completed is easy and is a very transparent way to work.

Pros: Can easily separate tasks through projects and milestones. I especially love the Gantt Chart and how each it is to use. Overall just great to see overall picture of how the project is doing and who is doing what.

Cons: I find it frustrating to changing Status only after creating the task. I wish I could change when I create a task if it was already Closed, Resolves or In Progress instead of always clicking each task and changing it manually. Feel very time consuming.

• Reviewed on 28/04/2020
Mitchell S.
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2020

"Backlog is a very useful tool"

Comments: Backlog has helped us better track software bugs and issues reported by our clients. It's definitely made our clients more satisfied with our service that we're now able to better keep track of, and respond to, the bugs and issues they raise.

Pros: I like the way Backlog helps us keep track of bugs and issues and which member of our team is assigned to them. Keeping track of bugs and issues that our clients raise is one of the areas that we struggle the most with, and Backlog helps us address this potential shortcoming.

Cons: Some parts of the interface can be a little counter-intuitive to navigate. I think the next iteration of the Backlog interface could go a long way to make the tool easier to use, smoother, and even more useful.

• Reviewed on 23/09/2020
Scientist
Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2019

"Easy to learn quality program"

Comments: Overall excellent app for a great cost that your team has control over. You get to pay for the level your team will use without the burden of overwhelming excess features. Definitely recommend.

Pros: I've been trying out a lot of project management software lately and I think Backlog is a strong contender among them. It's quick to learn and the UI is sleek and appealing. It has all the essential features for project tracking and coordination. I liked the inclusion of the Wiki as well, and I like the tiered subscription model they use, making it easy to find a level of feature availability that suites your team's needs.

Cons: There isn't anything major that stands out. There's room for more options and features (more specificity in the prioritization area, maybe) but it has all the essentials from what I can tell.

• Reviewed on 25/08/2019
Vivek O.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2017

"My experience for backlog is awesome."

Pros: It has given a great platform to collaborate for work.
We manage many of our projects on backlog which makes us more efficient and we can focus on more work rather than hitch-ups due to processes and management.
Great tool.

Cons: Yes, if you talk about cons I do feel there is need for internal documents creation like Excel ppt etc.
If I want to make some data or have issue which requires tabular form, I don't have much options than just to create an excel and attach it's links.

• Reviewed on 01/09/2017
Bhadra A.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 51-200 Employees

"Good Experience"

Comments: After using Backlog, each project management has been improved: better time management, better updates in team during project progress

Pros: - project management based
- easy to use and create project/issue

Cons: - some part confusing in terms of UI
- people who was notified at first time issue created, wont be automatically notified if not mention in notify people when make comment/update

Ruby On Rails Developer
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2018

"Review for Backlog"

Pros: It's easy to manage task on Gantt Chart. I can see status, edit start time and end time,...without having to refresh the page.

Cons: When i review pull request on Backlog, i can't see the number of deleted line, added line and total changed line. Github has this feature.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2018
Santhosh rao M.
Android Lead Developer
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2018

"Best Review Software"

Comments: I am able to fix my development issues easily with backlog. Thanks

Pros: I can easily found out my issues raised by tester.

Cons: Nothing found so far. If possible, provide web push notifications.

• Reviewed on 26/09/2018
Jeremy C.
IT/OT Engineer
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2018

"Backlog for the Win"

Pros: We use backlog everyday to track various projects withing our department. The easy of adding new items to the log and quickly finding them is a plus.

Cons: Only thing we really need is an approval based system that ties into Backlog for change management. Often times approval are required to be shown in the business world.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2018
Suzanne L.
Eng
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2017

"Overall not a bad experience"

Pros: ease of use

Cons: one feature that your tools does not provide is the ability to put more people in the loop for CC and notify automatically if there is an update

• Reviewed on 11/08/2017
Anuj R.
Application Scientist/ Sales Representative
Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"I would recommend this software"

Comments: Overall it is an awesome tool.

Pros: It improves connectivity among employees and is very user friendly

Cons: The search button present at different location does not work the same way.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2019
Gaurav T.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2019

"Extremely Easy to use and Quicker!"

Comments: Its a good project management and bug tracking tool.

Pros: - Backlog is quite faster in terms of search
- Dashboard and other projects related stuffs are well organized
- Rich functionalities for project management

Cons: One thing I noticed in Backlog is listing of parent issue and sub issue, its showing both of them when we assigned an issue to some parent issue, it should only show the parent one and when click on that parent issue it will open up the sub issues if it have any.

Shannon F.
Marketing Coordinator
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2018

"Great Project Management Tool!"

Comments: Being able to separate and track small issues as well as categorize larger projects has been a huge help. Also, by assigning tasks to individuals, it holds them accountable to their responsibilities and tracks the timeline of progress.

Pros: -Ease of use
-Bridging communication between teams
-Trackability of projects/issues
-Having a separate tool for project management, which helps minimize email clutter

Cons: haven't found any, yet!

Carissa F.
Admin II
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2020

"Backlog for integration into Workday"

Pros: It has good functionality for setting deadlines, tagging people, and notifications.

Cons: Nothing comes to mind at the moment as something to dislike.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2020
Bhopal S.
Sr. Technical Consultant
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2019

"Excellent"

Comments: Overall experience is excellent.

Pros: It is very user-friendly, we can manage the display according to our need.

Cons: I Like it. Status change feature could be changed, we should have a quick status change feature.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2019
Dennis K.
Freelancer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2020

"Awesome product for freelance business!"

Comments: Overall it has been great. It has helped me organize my freelance business and that means happier clients and more money in the pocket!

Pros: The board is extremely intuitive and easy to use. It is very easy to add notes, change status of the ticket, and track where the project is currently at.

Cons: It could be nice to have the ability to add and delete columns from the board for different custom stages of the projects that I am working on. I have used some other bug trackers, and it has come in handy there.

• Reviewed on 04/11/2020
David M.
Interaction Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/10/2020

"Great free version"

Pros: The free version is great, and the paid functionality seems awesome.

Cons: It has a comprehensive set of tools for managing different aspects of the company, and sometimes it is a bit overwhelming.

• Reviewed on 20/10/2020
Đặng H.
QA
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2019

"Backlog need to be changed and improved"

Comments: Sorry but the truth is inconvenience for me. I hope Backlog can do more for me and my project.
I can't have the statistics I want at Home, I can't see overall my project ...
I Hope Backlog can be developed and help us more in the future.

Pros: The color of issue can be changed, I can customize the characteristics of issue for each project.

Cons: when I filter all issue of project , it shows parents issue and sub-issue. If I click on the arrow, which is head of parent issue, Backlog shows all of sub-issue of that parent issue, which are showed before. So many issues are showed twice. It can make me confused.
I think Backlog shoud list parent issue and issue has no parent issue. About issue has parent issue, you can hide and when user click on the arrow, it can be showed.

• Reviewed on 11/02/2019
Milan K.
Lead Solution Architect
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"After months using free version for 1 project we successfully moved to paid version for all projects"

Comments: We track not only reported issues/incidents, but also the planned project tasks to have overview who is working on and what is the backlog of all unassigned tasks.
The main benefit is to not have projects information in several excel or project files but in one place. Also our status meetings with our teams are faster and more effective.

Pros: Easy to setup and use including graphic differentiation and access rights for individual projects (customer logo and colors).
No training required for users in our company who adopted this tool very fast.
In addition, GantChart is really usable with several options for grouping, automatic issue creation from email is also useful to support our clients and track how our internal specialists perform. Internal wiki is also used in our company to document not only the knowledges and technical information to be shared with others in the team, but also the meeting minutes related to our projects - everything stored and available in one place.
The mobile application also works as expected.

Cons: It is not possible to create links/relations in GantChart helping to display dependencies and reschedule the project tasks when something happen - now all issues have to be moved manually.
Navigation in wiki would be enhanced little bit.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2020
Hai N.
QA
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2018

"Some Uncomfortable"

Comments: Very good expect 2 thinks above

Pros: - Grantt chart and burndown chart..

Cons: 1. It's "Copy custom Fields From other Project" in [Project Settings] -> [Custom Field]
=> I dont know why "(※ Relation with issue types not copied)". It's very uncomfortable for me and someone manage like me.
=> Our Company have Standard Custom Field for all Project about 100 Custom FIled and some Custom Issue Type. When I Open the new Project , I just wanna Copy all Custom Field and Issue Type from Old Project.
But not like this, just copy Customfield and Availabes all Issue types. After that, I must to click 1 by 1 to fix, or delete. It's take many time from me. how long i will spent for fix that with 100 custom Field and Custom Issue Type????
Please think about that. and fix this
I just want to Copy all Custom Field + Issue Type from the old Project to New Project. and button delete all Custom Field
2. It's Add a Group of member to Old/Archive Project.
=> It's very hard. I have alrd 100+ project archive and click 1 by 1 to add a Group member. so bad.really bad.
Please add a Button add a Group of member to all Project or atleast let our choose list project to add.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2018
Nguyen N.
Project Director
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2018

"Good services with the best price"

Comments: I did use backlog in 4 years, and It good for my company with more than 120 users, and run 30 project at the same time

Pros: I did use backlog in 4 years, and It good for my company with more than 120 users, and run 30 project at the same time

Cons: need add more than status check (current status: open, In progress, Resolved, Closed) need add more (Review)

Mendy D.
Assistant Vice President
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2020

"Backlog helped my team with organization"

Pros: My team is using this product to log issues about a new website we are running live. We are able to each submit issues, whether it's an urgent item that has to be fixed or just a suggestion on something we would like to see changed. It keeps us from double logging our issues because we can see all of the issues daily and our IT person can log and communicate the status on each issue. It seems to be helping us stay organized on what items are priorities.

Cons: I don't like that you have to click on the issue to see the latest comments on it. I wish it would display the latest comment like a preview of an email will.

• Reviewed on 16/06/2020
Senior Project Manager
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"Good tool overall for bug tracking"

Comments: Overall pretty solid with great features to keep everyone growing the boat in the same direction!

Pros: Backlog is a fairly simple and intuitive platform that gives the full development/product teams visibility into bugs reported by the business and allows for simple, seamless prioritization.

Cons: It's cool that Backlog offers iPhone and Android apps but they're a little diminished feature-wise compared to the full app. Still pretty handy though!

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Praveen S.
Product Delivery
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2020

"Product for Monitoring Product Activities"

Comments: My experience with Backlog was excellent as we were looking for tool to monitor our product development. As we were a startup company we have limited source on funds and came across with backlog which supports our cause. We appreciate Nulabs for providing us their platform for supporting our team in our product development, And would definitely would be recommend Backlog.

Pros: Ease to Use, Team Member were able to use it on their own without any support, Quick response for support from backlog team.

Cons: Nothing as such , would suggest that if you could simplify use of filters.

• Reviewed on 29/04/2020
Pramod S.
Software Developer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2018

"Awesome Software"

Pros: Easy to maintain bugs and their state .Very Useful.

Cons: Still i did not find any Cons in this software.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2018