15 years helping Australian businesses

Google Drive Reviews

4.8 (27,428) Write a Review!

About Google Drive

Google Drive is a cloud-based storage platform that allows users and teams to store, access, and share files in one secure place.

Learn more about Google Drive

Pros:

The ability to collaborate and share specific documents or full folders is fantastic. The amount of storage for free is fantastic and if you need more space the price is affordable.

Cons:

As with all Google products: bad support, lack of continuous improvements, lack of basic features, and horrible UI for the advanced features.

Google Drive ratings

4.7
4.4
4.6
4.7

9.2/10

Google Drive has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 27,428 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Google Drive before?

Filter reviews (27,427)

Maricarmen
Maricarmen
Designer in Mexico
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Collaborate and save your files in one place!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My experience with google drive has and will always be great! I use it all the time because it is the best collaboration tool for people with basic knowledge of digital apps.

Pros:

I love that I can have different types of files in one place, and I love that my team is able to collaborate on them! It has so many uses and it is very easy for anyone with basic knowledge of the Microsoft Apps or google apps.

Cons:

It doesn’t have the same exact features as the Microsoft Apps, it also has fewer font options (for presentations or google docs)

Marco
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

I store all my business items with drive

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It’s been great. I use it for everything. I have some personal files set up, but it’s mainly for my business. I share files with people when needed for marketing and public relations purposes, I store all of my social media images and videos here, and I do store some documents and sometimes share documents with others or they share them with me via Google Drive. It’s the thing from my business these days.

Pros:

I like that I can safely insecurely store all of my photos, videos, anything connected to my business and some personal items in one spot. Also, it’s nice that there’s a lot of storage space and that it’s easy to send files to people to grant them access as needed. I use it as my main storage source.

Cons:

Nothing yet! It works well. Really haven’t had any problems. I hope that I won’t run out of storage one day, I will have to cross that bridge when I get to it!

Ahmed darwish
Technical training in Egypt
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Manage and control my files in Drive

3.0 last week New

Comments: Through the Drive application, I can receive or share my files, and also save a group of files with a common subject within a folder, thus facilitating dealing with those files. I can also save and share files in different formats, such as images, PDF files, drawings, and sometimes programs.

Pros:

I liked some things about it: First, reading some files or seeing pictures without having to download them, and also sending them to my friends and employers. The possibility of merging a large number of files within a folder, especially if the files are dedicated to a specific topic Drive deals with many file formats, such as Word, PDF, JPG, IMG, and links, which shortens the addition of many programs. It also works through Windows, Android, Mac, and the App Store.

Cons:

The disadvantages of this application are that it is difficult to arrange folders and files in it, and it also does not work at low internet speeds. In addition, it takes a long time to open the file through it, which forces me to download the file and open it through another program. It also has limited download capacity, which forces me to create multiple accounts

Kimberly
Kimberly
Communications Consultant in US
Legislative Office, Self Employed

Google Drive - not the best RIDE share.

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: For storing, it is fine. I mostly forget about the items I have in Google Drive. For something like organizing or sharing it takes more discipline. But it is nice for the entry price of FREE!

Pros:

As with most things Google, its DRIVE is adequate. It works for smaller businesses. The price point is excellent and using it with the rest of Google suite (workplace) offerings is seamless. It is good on desktop or in mobile applications.

Cons:

Google Drive is not able to be modified in needed ways. I like to color coordinate my files/documents. Also, I would like to show only those items I need via brands. This is currently not possible. Drop and drag with 3rd party platforms is not possible. Not with Constant Contact.

Jonathan
Chief Button Pusher in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Better Than Dropbox

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Easy to use UX and Navigation, integration with Gmail makes downloading directly from emails easy. Pairs well with Android phones and handles large uploads well

Cons:

The zip for download functionality. It's slow and times out, wasting time and effort. You only have a finite amount of storage belt you have to pay. It's cheaper than most, but still annoying.

Toshia
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Best file manager ever

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I love Google drive there is no changing for me.

Pros:

I love how easy and beautiful it is to file share and save and send emails.

Cons:

I don't have a big con yet. At least maybe able to customize the colors in the interface.

Chasity
Chasity
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Easy Peasy

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Google drive is really comprehensive. You can store so much and you have so much access to the other features, like forms, spreadsheets. The search filter makes things so easy. You will love working on the go with your google. So many of my clients write their books on google docs to safely store them for easy access when on the go. It's great for that.

Pros:

The google drive makes working on the go feel like a walk in the park. I enjoy being able to share and control how I share. It's easy to duplicate projects, organize, and manage. You can create folders, and folders within folders. I like that you can grant access to one doc in a folder and the folder still be restricted.

Cons:

I really don't have any cons. I've never had any issues with my google drive. Besides the lack of customization but that's not a problem that matters.

IT Technician in Zambia
Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

David's Google Drive Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Google Drive is safe and easy to use, I have it on all my devices.

Pros:

Google Drive is free up to 15gb, and can be accessed from any browsers in any operating system.

Cons:

Google Drive can only be accessed if you have an internet connection and file upload size is limited per day.

Israel
Israel
MSc. Bilingual Education in Ecuador
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

The best file sharing tool

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It has been very productive for my job and business.

Pros:

I like the storage capacity and how easy you can upload your content. In my experience, I am still using it for saving important documents, presentations, videos, and packs of courses that are up to 30gb. I have never lost my information so I really recommend it.

Cons:

I consider that 15gb of storage is not enough for people who work on business management or education. However, you can pay monthly to get 100gb, 200gb, and 2tb of storage and the cost is not expensive compared to other cloud services which offer less benefits.

Ellenore
Ellenore
Administrative Assistant in US
Machinery, 51–200 Employees

Essential for my remote job

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I love that I’m able to stay in the loop while not in the office. I work remotely 70% of the time, and I never feel like I’m missing data or access to my work.

Cons:

Sometimes the sharing settings feel overly complicated or unclear, although that’s almost always user error.

Tiffany
Copywriter in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Perfect Way to Organize and Deliver Content for Business Owners

Comments: It's been great! Like I said, it makes my life so much easier and helps me to deliver a great experience to my clients. Highly recommend it.

Pros:

I have been using Google Drive for several years and it makes my life so much easier. I use it to store and organize all kinds of documents - both for myself and for my clients. It is the primary way that I deliver content for my clients. I love that I can create folders for my clients, but retain ownership over them. This way, I can easily see what work I have done throughout the year, for whom, and when. It also makes it easier for me to revoke access to my work if a client decides not to pay. The one thing I love more than anything else, though, isthat you can use Google Drive ANYWHERE that has internet access (and can also do some things offline). Anyone who has ever had a computer stop working and you lose everything you were working on will understand how amazing it is to know that you can simply log into your Google account from ANY computer and access everything you've worked on. Ever since I started using Google Drive, it's hands-down all I need for storing and organizing documents.

Cons:

Honestly, I can't think of anything I don't like about Google Drive. It's easy to use, has amazing features, and is trusted - which means that none of my clients have ever felt wary of using it. In fact, most are already familiar with and use it themselves.

Sam
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Drive is WAY better then One Drive

Comments: Very impressed they will work with you when your business is in need especially during these trying times of COVID19 they really strive to please their customers.

Pros:

The fact that it is compatible across ALL of my companies devices including our delivery services tablets, In house laptops and PC's, as well as our business phones we provide to our staff. Very well organized and the storage price is best bang for your buck.

Cons:

The functionality is great yet the functions are limited. It does everything we need, but would like to see more functions and or program features added like maybe even a time keeper function or a note pad type function added to the available features.

Becky
CEO in US
Consumer Services, Self Employed

I couldn't run my business without Google Drive!

Comments: The greatest benefit of Google Drive is that it's a simple, user-friendly solution to cloud storage AS WELL AS an office suite. No more expensive upgrades for software to create documents!

Pros:

Google Drive is the backbone of my business. It's important that I be able to share important docs with my clients and contractors. GDrive makes it so easy to do that. We can create, update, and share documents, spreadsheets, media, etc. and never have to worry about what kind of computer someone has or specialized software.

Cons:

I honestly can't think of any negatives for Google Drive. Maybe it would be nice to have more storage? But it's so affordable to add a little more when you need it! Google Drive was easy to integrate with my business because almost everyone has a Google account these days.

Alannah
Supervisor in Canada
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Google Drive is a time saver!

Comments: I LOVE how even the free version has word, excel and several other programs available to use for absolutely no cost! This was so helpful as a broke college kid!

Pros:

I love being able to easily access my files anywhere I go. The offline feature is great for books or long documents. I especially like being able to edit papers last minute or have colleagues check my work or just to share documents with eachother. Its our digital filing cabinet!

Cons:

I did not like how sometimes files don't convert correctly into Microsoft software, ex. Word, Excell, PowerPoint.

Lindsay
Graphic Design, Self Employed

The most user-friendly content storage out there

Comments: Great! We use it every day as it integrates very well with all of our programs and devices.

Pros:

The ease of use is the best feature of Google Drive. We upload and share content across many users in which Google Drive makes it very easy to collaborate.

Cons:

I have two accounts with Google Drive-- a personal and business account. The business account is paid in which it has larger storage capacity. The personal account is free in which it is almost always running out of space. I'd suggest adding more space to personal accounts to back up photos and videos.

Salil
Salil
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Like most Google products...

Comments: We use Drive for all collaboration and for a lot of content creation. We create policy documents, collaborate on ideas, create tests and forms, and generally use the heck out of Google Drive and its related applications (Sheets, Docs, Forms, Slides, etc). The Google business app ecosystem is incredibly powerful and user-friendly. It just works. It always works. It works so well you take it for granted. It works on desktop, it works on mobile. It works even better on ChromeOS. Google Sign-In is perhaps the greatest security boon for administration, too. If you disable one account, all related functionality that relies on Google Sign-In is also disabled for that user, so multiple platforms can be administered from one console / user login. If an employee leaves, you just disable their account and all their logins to all the applications that use Google Sign-In are also disabled. The permissions system is also good and getting better. It's very intuitive and works like it's supposed to. We've been using Google Apps for Enterprise for 10 years now, and have never regretted it.

Pros:

It's easy to use, it's generous storage, and it allows you to forego up front licensing models of competitors like Microsoft Office in favor of a subscription "pay for what you use" model. We use Drive as a part of Google Apps for Enterprise, and I don't think you can diassociate those applications from Drive; they're bundled together. You either get all of them or none of them, basically, which is a plus or a minus, depending on your perspective. Also, it's a bit weird to review just Drive without taking those other things into consideration, but I'll try. Easily the most stable software platform we've ever subscribed to.

Cons:

Customer support is always Google's weakest point. The company is congenitally against allowing customers to talk directly to support representatives, although it's definitely getting better about it lately. Access is entirely dependend on internet access. If Comcast or Verizon lets you down, uh...you're kind of hosed.

Russell
Russell
Teacher in US
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Drive is great for the SPED teacher

Comments: Classroom-based teacher

Pros:

Google Drive is an integral tool for a Special Education teacher. If you haven't made the jump , then you should personally start exploring all that it has to offer. Here's why I like it: First off, let's consider why it's the cloud-based advantages of Drive. Items are stored in the cloud and can be accessed anytime, anywhere, with any any device. I can look at my laptop, tablet, phone, etc. and still access the files I need in a moment's notice. Beyond that, when you work with Drive, it's always being saved automatically in the cloud. Plus, I never have to worry about my computer dying, a program shutting down unexpectedly, or losing a thumb drive. It's always backed up in the cloud for me. Now for a SPED teacher perspective, because of the reasons I mentioned earlier, I can do a voice recording for an oral exam, store it to drive, and share it with students. They would then have access to listen to the oral exam any time! I don't have to re-read the same exam 4 times in a day and then again if a student missed. It's just saved on Drive and students can listen at their own pace and when they need it. If you work with Drive, you also have access to the G Suite platform of tools (Docs, Slides, Forms, etc.). Because of this, you don't have to worry about students losing/misplacing items - it can all be stored, shared, and turned in on Drive. I'll keep this post limited to Drive, but I also recommend checking out the other Google tools (Docs, Classroom, etc.).

Cons:

No real cons, honestly. There's a steep learning curve at first, but most of us are starting to become familiar with the idea of things being stored in the "cloud," so that's not really a reason for concern. Google may not always personally offer the greatest support (it's good - not great), but there are also tons of great videos on YouTube to learn how to work with Drive. Another concern is that since it's Google they are always tinkering with things and updating features. Some may not like this because things change over the course of a year, but I don't think it's really a con. They're just trying to improve their platform!

Meisha
Marketing Manager in US
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Couldn't Live Without It!

Comments: I love working with Drive and have no major complaints—especially since it's free! It's a great tool for storage, sharing and collaborating.

Pros:

Google drive is hands-down my go-to file sharing, storage, and collaboration tool. It is incredibly easy to use and learn, even for non-tech-savvy folks. It is also easy to manage and organize, given parties actively work to keep things organized. File sharing and collaboration is a breeze and probably my favorite part about the Drive system. You can work in a doc, sheet, or presentation simultaneously with multiple parties and all changes and updates are saved in real-time. The drag and drop functionality also makes it crazy easy to upload various files and documents straight from your desktop. I also like that you can easily add/resolve comments with other collaborators, it makes the back-and-forth of projects so much easier. Drive easily integrates with tons of other tools and products, which can definitely come in handy. Drive has also been incredibly reliable for me in the past! I don't think I've ever experienced any issues with downtime, errors, etc.

Cons:

Drive can easily become disorganized, especially in a business environment, so having organizational processes and procedures in place is key to making Drive work for a team. This also naturally makes Drive a better fit for personal use or for small-medium teams. It really isn't designed to replace a full-blown file-sharing system for large business use. The search functionality can also be a bit limited when working with large amounts of files, but specific items are generally easy to locate and manage given a little extra effort.

Aden
Freelancer in US
Research, Self Employed

Fantastic service!

Comments: Overall, I have had such a fantastic experience with this service! I use it mostly every day, for school and for work, and it hasn't failed on me! No more having to go to the little File icon at the top-left of the computer and click Save or Save As, because Google Drive has already done that for you! Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to use your service free of charge!

Pros:

Some of the things I like the most about this software are its ease of use. The opportunities are endless when you have a user interface that is obviously user-friendly, but also incredibly simple so those who don't know how to use this service can easily and swiftly learn how to. I really like how easily you can navigate through things in this service, by creating folders and sub-categorizing and prioritizing your work, you can easily see when you've worked on something the latest (as it shows up in your latest bar), so you can easily pick up where you've left off. Speaking of which, the fact that you can do something in Google Drive and pick up right where you left off without manually having to save your progress is genius! Though with other software this becomes a habit of mine, but it only makes me want to use Google Drive that much more!

Cons:

I definitely think this service can improve in its mobile aspect. As simplistic as Google Drive is to the user, alike to how many people garner many different types of computers, we all have many different types of phones. Usually the phones apps work nicely, but if you were to access Google Drive on, say, Safari, than it would be much harder because you are using the computer-optimized interface. I would definitely make this more phone-friendly as well, and I know that Google Drive has an app as well, but for first time using the app, you can almost barely navigate through the web browser.

Robert
Robert
Attorney at Law in US
Law Practice, Self Employed

All Roads Lead Back to Google Drive

Comments: My experience with Drive has gotten better over time as I have gotten comfortable with the concept of the "Cloud." Today it is so easy for me to use that I don't give it a second thought.

Pros:

I didn't realize what Drive did when I downloaded it years ago: I really didn't get the concept of saving files to the Cloud . When programs like Dropbox came out later it made sense. As my solo practice has grown I find Drive to be an easy way to save files and folders to the Cloud and in the same way my files are saved in my PC. Because Google has its own counterparts to Microsoft programs like Word and Excel they are available immediately in Drive, so I can start writing and saving items without having to go outside of Drive; I will later download files to my PC to work with them in Word and Excel. Drive documents are easy to attach to Gmail emails as it has its own icon for attachment; it's also helpful in emailing larger files. I also understand that it is less expensive to buy more GB of storage than the other well-known programs, but I don't have personal knowledge..

Cons:

Sometimes I worry about saving files to Drive and not knowing what folder to put it in. Drive does allow you to choose where the file will be saved, but many times I don't know where I want the file saved, so I just save it without putting it in a folder, and then go back and move the file to the appropriate folder. That is extra work but it's not an issue.

Souhil
Souhil
Entrepreneur in Algeria
Design, Self Employed

The Best Cloud Storage Solution for Business and Personal use

Comments: It helped me to save time and money and I really don't need to worry about my files getting lost if my PC/laptop broke or something bad happened also, I really don't need to get big storage hard disk to store my files.
for me, Google Drive Is the perfect solution for everyone especially for small businesses because It's very easy to use and a time and money saver.
I hope Google will keep the good work and I hope they will add more features in the future.

Pros:

I like it because It's free and very easy to use with an excellent and clean user interface. I can access all my files, pics, videos...etc from anywhere and I can use my phone or my PC/laptop to access them. I like The offline access option because it's allowing me to access all my files without the need to have an internet connection. I can store any files from Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and I can access and edit them without any problem. The best thing is I don't need to have a large capacity hard disk because I can now store all my important files in the cloud using Google Drive and I don't need to worry about losing them because everything is safe and secure on Google Servers. I really love the security system and the encryption file transfer google offered in Google Drive and I really feel safe and I don't need to panic about my files or my account getting hacked. It helped me to stay organized and helped me to manage my files, pics, videos and I like how I can control who has access to my files while running my business. I can install the Backup and Sync tool to automate the file saving and if I make any changes the tool will automatically Sync everything in Google Drive. Google Support is great and they are available 24/7 and they have a lot of resources and videos about google drive and I learned a lot from their blog articles too.

Cons:

They can add passwords or any sort of protection when sharing a link. They can improve the Uploading speed because sometimes it's very slow especially when uploading big files to your Drive account.

Alastair
Lead Developer in UK
Computer Games, Self Employed

Very good value cloud storage and document collab tools, doubles as version control

Comments: The benefits of Google Drive vastly outweigh any of its issues - it has made my work a lot easier and stress-free since I can store important files in a secure cloud location. It has more expensive tiers but relative to the amount of storage you get, I think the pricing is very good and you may struggle to find a better value solution.

Pros:

There are several things I like most about Google Drive: 1. It's not very expensive and you get a lot of good value in return for a very small monthly fee. I pay £1.59 a month in return for 100 GB of cloud storage space, which is one of the cheapest options I've found when looking for similar software. 2. Because it's part of the Google suite, it combines its handy collab tools (such as Google Docs and Sheets) with Drive and makes file history and change tracking very easy. It also tells you which users have access, or have modified files which while useful, is not needed for me. 3. For solo developers, Drive can double as a basic form of version control, by using Google's Backup and Sync, which sync changes on your local drive to your Google Drive. Though not as indepth as regular version control systems and probably not a good choice for projects with multiple developers, it's perfect for solo developers.

Cons:

For certain filetypes (particularly when transferring files from MacBook's to PC's), the metadata can be lost when uploading from a Mac, then downloading to a PC. This is only generally an issue for files made with Mac OS specific programs. At times, performance and network can be slow when uploading/downloading to the Drive. Also, while it's perfect for cloud storage, I would not recommend this as a source control solution for the reasons above, unless you are working on a solo project.

Jaime Valeriano
Education Student in Philippines
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

A Review about Google Drive Based on a Perspective of a University Education Student

Pros:

The following are my favorite features of Google Drive: First, searching is very easy because we can use a filter that gives us the option to search based on the types of a file (photos, videos, pdfs, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.), based on who created it (it may be something you owned, something you not owned, or a specific person), based on the dates of recent edits, and many more.Second, sharing files is very easy since we have the option to just input emails which will be the only ones to access the file. There is also an option to let only those who are also using the same school email will have access, or even anyone that is outside the organization, as long as they have the link to the file. In relation to this, it is also easy to choose whether those people who will have access to a file can edit, suggest, or only view it.Third, it is accessible to any device since it is available on personal computers, laptops, cellphones, and tablets.Fourth, collaboration is possible since I am able to create shared drives or share a folder created in my own drive.Lastly, there is an option for a file to be available offline so that I can read them or check them from time to time if needed whenever there are times that I am in a place where there is not a strong internet connection or when I do not have a data internet connection.

Cons:

What I like the least about Google Drive is that some people can access my files without my permission. But don't get me wrong, it is my responsibility, not Google's. The reason behind this is that there are times that I accidentally make a file available for everyone. Well, it will not be just accessible to everyone since they need to have a thorough search to look for my file since I named my files somewhat like a code to help me organize things. It's just that sometimes there are some of my schoolmates accidentally find my files.

Marketing & Advertising, 1,001–5,000 Employees

"Google Drive: Reliable and User-Friendly Cloud Storage and File Sharing"

Comments: Overall, my experience with Google Drive has been positive. The convenience of being able to access my files from any device and the ability to collaborate with others in real-time are major advantages. The integration with other Google apps like Gmail and Google Docs makes it even more useful. The storage capacity is generous and the ability to purchase more storage if needed. However, the interface can be difficult to navigate and organize large numbers of files. The search function can also be limited in its ability to find specific files. Additionally, the file sharing feature can be confusing for some users and the process of sharing files with people outside of your organization can be time-consuming. Some users also report issues with syncing between devices and experiencing slow upload or download speeds. Overall, it's a good tool with some minor drawbacks.

Pros:

Google Drive is a great tool for storing and sharing files. One of the things I like most about it is the convenience of being able to access my files from any device with an internet connection. The ability to collaborate on documents in real-time with others is also a huge plus. The integration with other Google apps like Gmail and Google Docs makes it even more useful. Additionally, the storage capacity is generous and the ability to purchase more storage if needed. Overall, Google Drive is a reliable and user-friendly option for cloud storage and file sharing.

Cons:

One downside of Google Drive is that it can be difficult to navigate and organize large numbers of files. The search function can also be limited in its ability to find specific files. Additionally, the file sharing feature can be confusing for some users and the process of sharing files with people outside of your organization can be time-consuming. Some users also report issues with syncing between devices and experiencing slow upload or download speeds.

Clarisse
Clarisse
Coordinator, Cardiac Services in Jamaica

Pretty decent cloud storage and hosting for no cost at all

Comments: I was able to share lessons materials (PDF documents and videos) with my students without the need to download it on their end. Making online learning safer (computer) on my student's end.

Pros:

I work as a part time online English Tutor. Google Drive has been one (among the many) FREE online program that I use to teach. Here are the things that I like about it. 1. Enables one to save files (documents, photos, videos, audio files) other than your computer hard drive. It's like a back up storage just in case your PC crash. I do not store any documents with sensitive information though. 2. I can access my files anywhere I am as long as I have internet connection. 3. Allows me to sync across devices. 4. I can share documents to others. I used Google Drive to host some PDF lesson materials for my online tutoring. I just give the link to my students and they can view the PDF file. There is no need for them to download the material. 5. I can also store some video files. Google Drive does not only store, but host it as well. I will just include the link in my document. Student clicks on the link, and watch the videos. Google Drive used to host my audio files too (for listening exercises) but for some reason, it stopped. I have to download a third party audio software since then.

Cons:

For some reason, Google Drive stopped hosting my audio files directly. Whenever I try to open the link, it tells me to download a third party audio software. If it is just me, I wont mind, but some of my students are not technical. And they shun to anything that will require them to download due to fear of malwares and virus.