15 years helping Australian businesses

About Google Docs

Web-based app designed to store, create, and edit spreadsheets and documents online. Templates, charting and commenting are available.

Learn more about Google Docs

Pros:

This is a ubiquitous tool to create and share secure and free documents. It provides most of the prominent features of MS Office365 without the subscription fee.

Cons:

When my internet is bad, it get stuck and I can’t type anymore. When you live in the mountains thats frustrated sometimes.

Google Docs ratings

4.7
4.3
4.5
4.8

9.2/10

Google Docs has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 28,162 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Google Docs before?

Filter reviews (28,161)

Karin
Karin
Executive Director in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Google Docs is the gold standard of team document creation

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Producing plays requires a huge amount of team work. Collaborating on cast lists, costume inventories, prop plots, set designs and more are made far easier using Google docs. It's so easy to have all parties able to work on the same document, seamlessly, adding comments, tracking versions and seeing who commented what using tags

Cons:

Offline editing gets a little tricky for those with multiple accounts but overall it's great

Josh
Teacher in US
E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

Essential Document Creation/Sharing

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Google Docs allows me to do so many things in an easy, collaborative fashion. It's hard to think of a time when I didn't use it, but I know that my organization, productivity, and collaboration have all improved in that time. Google has done a very nice job with this product, and they are always rolling out new features and quality-of-life improvements.

Pros:

Every single thing about Google Docs is collaborative, and that is a must-have feature nowadays. All work is automatically saved, the revision history allows me to look back through every single keystroke, and there are so many collaborative features that allow me to work with colleagues in a variety of ways. All documents can easily be shared, copied, and modified in quick fashion. I honestly like everything about this product!

Cons:

There isn't much to dislike here. If pressed, I guess that I would say that there could be more template options to work with, but that is a very minor complaint. Everything about this product seems well thought out.

Human Resources, 10,000+ Employees

Certainly performing well...

Comments: While the program isn't perfect, Google Docs is by far the most easily accessible and widely used word editing programs. It excels at what it needs to do, but lacks on what it could do.

Pros:

To start, Docs get's everything you need done. Editing, typing, sharing—it's all easily done. In a school or work environment, the commenting mode and ability to share documents easily makes working extremely efficient. In comparison, a traditional document editor would require you to manually send the file, have the other party edit it, then send it back. In docs, being able to instantly see any edits or comments another person makes is a huge time-saver. Docs is also extremely compatible with other types of files, and even can transcribe PDF files. It's also capable of converting your current doc into other formats, which is helpful since you won't have to use a third-party website/application to do so. While being a common feature in other editing programs, the auto save feature is handy, as it saves every time a change is made, even if it's just a single letter. On top of that, Docs also stores previous versions of your document, which I personally found very useful when back-referencing older revisions of essays and other papers. Lastly, Docs runs constant grammar and spelling checks, which is great for when you are typing in a rush and misspell a word or type something out awkwardly. Not only that, but the detection is always improving, and is even able to detect proper nouns (like names) and recognize that they aren't spelled wrong because they are meant to be spelled that way.

Cons:

Despite it's strengths, Google Docs holds a few annoying points. A major disappointment lies in the lack of font support. While some of the major, non-standard fonts like IBM Plex Sans are available, a majority of the fonts that are available aren't well-known or widely used, which led me to using the same 4-5 fonts over and over again. There is no option to add third-party fonts either, which isn't ideal for those of us that have a selection of them on our computers. Despite Doc's simple design, it's actually a huge resource hog for both internet bandwidth and RAM. While it may not be noticeable on a decent computer, it's especially noticeable on computers that aren't from the last 4 years or so. Loading Docs onto my laptop from a few years ago brought it to its knees, and forced me to use an alternative. While Docs has plenty of shortcuts for its most commonly used tools, not every tool has a shortcut. On top of that, there are no options to bind our own shortcuts to a tool, which is a huge problem for those of us that have to write heavily formatted, non-traditional styled documents. Lastly, table creation and editing in Docs is still yet to be ideal. Each line in a table is treated as a separate line, meaning that you have to either edit each line or all the lines at once, which makes it inconvenient to create visually appealing tables.

Jamie
Onboarding Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Best folder and document management system

5.0 last month New

Comments: Google Docs is the best document keeper and creator. It has made it so easy for me to share folders with clients and collab with them on their work - totally recommend.

Pros:

It is so easy to share folders, whether that's adding others to it or sending people the link! I love how you can search the name of the doc on your search engine and it comes up! I think the best feature on google docs is how you can see real time updates from other people editing the document - it is so great for collaboration. And, I do not even need clients to turn in the documents to me - because I can see them! I also love how it saves all your changes live!

Cons:

I have been using google docs forever and have no complaints.

Mariella
Writer in Qatar
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Definitely My Personal Favorite Google App

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I really love and use Google Docs pretty much everyday, whether I find the need to do quick perusals in the stories I wrote or editing some documents which I can possibly do both online and offline. I really appreciate how I can definitely edit my documents offline and just have the changes applied once I am back online.

Pros:

The first time I used this is back when I was a doing a paper with my classmates in my university and I appreciate how we simply don't need to justify our contributions because the history will simply show it. I appreciate it even more when I write my stories because I can even change the color of the paper that is said to help it easier to write even more. It is still my favorite Google App up to date and has never left my phone app list ever since.

Cons:

There are honestly none because I truly love Google Docs and how convenient it is whether using it for personal purposes or even in professional matters. I love how it is pretty straight forward and you don't need to be tech-savvy to be able to use it.

Melissa
Pest control Technician in US
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

Administrative assistant at my fingertips

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It has helped me run my business. All of my documents look professional and I have gotten a lot of good ideas from the examples and the templates they have

Pros:

The templates and the suggestions when putting a document together have been very helpful.They really do have something for every business situation

Cons:

It is very tough to speak with somebody.If you have a technical issue navigating through a problem is a bit aggravating.

Brandon
Director of SEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Good Online Doc Tool

Pros:

If you can use Word, you can use Google Docs. It's almost exactly the same.

Cons:

Sharing docs can sometimes be tough due to sharing restrictions. External folders are often needed.

Themba
Themba
General worker in South Africa
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Google docs

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Since i started using this app I've never lost data or my comics docs, its been 4years now i still have my old stuff safe..thanks google

Cons:

To be honest guys nothing wrong about this app its perfect, I'm using it and it's been years now i never came across any boring errors never!!!

Angela
Angela
Owner in US
Retail, Self Employed

Google Docs Keeps Me Organized

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall experience has been amazing I don't know what I do without it it's one of the many things that keeps me organized in this crazy technologically savvy world.

Pros:

And what I like most is the fact that Google docs is basically the same thing as Google Word they do pretty much the same thing, so it gives me another option when word isn't working for me.

Cons:

My least favorite thing about Google docs is that sometimes it's hard for me to find things that I've recently saved to the folder

Kalina
Kalina
Freelance and Human resources in US
Consumer Goods, Self Employed

Maintain Documents and Files With Google Docs

5.0 last week New

Comments: Overall, one of the best storage sites for my files I have ever used. A must try for anyone, business or not.

Pros:

I would say the things I like most when it comes to using Google Docs is the storage your get to keep your files, the simplicity of navigating the site and the pricing.

Cons:

I don't have any negatives to say about Google Docs.

Eri
Digital Strategist in Indonesia
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Google Docs Review

Comments: Great thanks to my mentor, since he introduced Google Docs 11 years ago in our volunteering work for the community, I've been a loyal user of Google Docs. I successfully manage to implement my Google Docs-savviness into my offices' work, as well as for my current business afterwards. I often stored files from the resource speakers as my Google Docs and shared them to all participants at easy and no hassle. I also stored the files as my Google Docs for my business portfolio to showcase to potential clients, and even share them for my happy client. The benefits cannot be counted, Google Docs saved my life!

Pros:

I remember the first time I was being introduced to use Google Docs was in 2008 by my mentor, Sylvain Henry from Canada, it was like, wow....this online tool is super efficient and superb! It's integrated seamlessly with our Gmail account along with other fantastic Google Products. It's very easy to use, even for first timer. I no longer have to worry searching for my missing files from my harddisk because I did not have the chance to create the backup files, because I can rely on Google Docs for sure that is stored in the cloud. Which means I could open it whenever I want to. Now Google Docs is even getting cool! I can use Voice Typing feature whenever I have any ideas come up in my mind, without worrying I need to type them and those briliant ideas could possibly vanish into thin air if I type them one by one. Furthermore, Google Docs provides such amazing templates, which makes my work a lot easier. In addition, I also often use Google Forms to create event registration that has a function also as a survey for my clients.

Cons:

When I don't have an internet connection, then I cannot open my files inside my Google Docs. I have to download all the files into my harddisk as a backup. Would it be possible to make all my files in Google Doc are automatically stored offline into my harddisk in the near future?

Sumit
Sumit
Founder and Owner in India
Information Services, Self Employed

Best web based Document Editor you can get for Free

Comments: Since I am a Blogger and a part time recruiter, I happen to compose articles and receive a lot of Resumes. I find Google Docs very useful. I can access Resumes on the go on my mobile using Google Docs app for Android. Since it is from Google, we can store documents directly to Google Drive. The thing that I feel it lacks is support, I have to look for help topics or community forums in order to find an answer to a question that I have. The need seldom arises though.

Pros:

The great thing about Google Docs is its free to use, supports standard formats like .doc, .docx and .odt and files are stored on cloud. Google Docs app is also available for Android and iOS, so it can be used on the go. Another great thing is it supports simultaneous modification of documents by multiple users. Most word processing features are available so we don't have to spend a lot of money on other commercial document editing software.

Cons:

It has a web-based editor that works only when we have internet access, so if we are working remotely we need to first download documents and edit them in any other document editor. Support is available via forums or help section of Google Docs, unless we have G Suite subscription. No Windows version of Google Docs is available, can only be access via browsers.

Eric
ESOL Classroom Teacher in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Google Docs: Great for Personal, Business, and Educational needs

Comments: I find that the best thing Google Docs has done for me is saved time and headaches. I am able to keep track of files and data, all the time knowing that it is taken care of and won't ever be deleted. I don't have to worry about a computer crash or anything of the sort. Google keeps things organized and efficient.

Pros:

I love how you can customize your storage for whatever use you need. Pictures, text, audio, it can all find a home. Personally, I use Drive everywhere, and the fact that I can take it anywhere is very convenient. I can access files anywhere I have a computer or my phone. For my work I use drive with my students. They can submit their own files to me for assignments and I can grade them using Drive in concert with Google Classroom. It is seamless and saves so much time.

Cons:

I feel like the only thing this service could do better would be an easier way to find and locate files within the drive system. Sometimes it takes a little too long to track down a particular file or folder. I think part of that is because I am used to a 'desktop' format and this is not set up in that way.

Ali
Ali
Information Technology Adviser in Azerbaijan
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great word processor for Offline and Online team working with rich features

Comments: It’s a real business handy text and document editor and a great word processor that I use every day via my mobile and tablet everywhere and I've continued my writing and editing via my desktop pc in the office. It saves you time and the result you get is great because it also exports docs to PDFs and other common files. It helps a lot in creating articles and writing official letters and it is a very fast and smart word editor.

Pros:

It has all the features needed to edit and create a text and create a new document, and when you write the new text or edit any document is automatically saved, and if you are connected to the Internet, it is stored in the cloud, and if you do not have Internet access, it is saved on your device, then It is automatically saved and synced in Google Cloud after connecting to the Internet. Files are always available offline or you can access to the via Google Doc cloud storage anytime, anywhere and all these premium features are completely free, and you can always back up, edit or share files and documents with anyone easily.

Cons:

In my opinion, since Google Doc automatically saves edited documents, it should always have a backup copy of the original version that can be accessed if necessary.

Caitlyn
Owner in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Great product for boosting team productivity affordably

Comments: My overall experience with Google Docs has been a good one. It has helped to make the workflow of my team and myself more efficient, because we are able to coordinate and communicate in real-time without having to juggle multiple apps and services to accomplish our daily goals. Google Docs for the most part is very what you see is what you get, which is not a bad thing. There were a couple of bugs starting out, for instance the fact that sometimes you are allowed to add multiple people as editor to a single document, while at other times you are not. As I said in the "Cons" portion of my review, I am not sure if this is a bug in the system or what. However, it hasn't caused too much of a hiccup in my team and I being able to do what we need to do. Even though, it would be nice to see that issue cleared up.

Pros:

Google Docs makes it easy for my writers, editors, artists, and other team members to be able to generate documents, collaborate, share critiques, and more in real-time. I am also able to oversee workflow through the ability to track the start and completion of projects as they are turning over. Thus, allowing for our workflow as a team to be more efficient.

Cons:

There are some issues when it comes to being able to ad multiple people as editor to a document at a time without having to create multiples of the same document. Yet, in other cases that is not required. Not sure if it is because of a bug in the system, or what.

Melissa
Director of Marketing in Guatemala
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Our new go to...

Comments: Love. We use it every day and over the past three years we have been brining more and more of our team into the Google workspace. In a few more years we plan to have google as the center of all our operations!

Pros:

I love that Google Docs is online. I can collaborate with colleges and see the work they are doing. Our documents are automatically saved and stored online...no more lost files! Our older team members just don't want to learn new software, but we like that Word documents can be automatically converted to google docs for the rest of the team to work on. Great feature. I work in Guatemala so people are a bit behind on technology...I am working on training and bring the rest of our organization into the Google space over the coming two years.

Cons:

There are still some things are are just easier on my Apple Pages or Word programs, especially in certain formatting/design areas. It is hard to get our older team members to take the time to learn how to use it so they just keep uploading Word files instead...but as I mentioned above, Google has a great feature to convert Word files to Google docs!

Cushi
Cushi
Owner/Coach in Bermuda
E-Learning, Self Employed

A great word processor for generating, customizing and sharing documents.

Comments: Overall the experience has been exceptional. There are no cons that feel absolutely constricting in a way that seriously affects my desire to continue using the software. There are so many useful plugins available as well that can help to alleviate some of the softwares limitations.

Pros:

I love that Google Docs is completely Free and is still a robust word processor that competes with and often outperforms its expensive competitors. I also love that is entirely web-based. I can access my documents on a whim from any device, at anytime as long as there is an internet connection. Finally I love how it integrates with the rest of the Google workspace online applications. The apps communicate back and forth really well and allow for endless possibilities to support business and personal activities.

Cons:

What i like least about Google Docs is it's file management system. I would love to see my Google drive folders on Google Docs and be able to drag and drop files and explore folders from within the Docs app.

Christopher
Creative Director in Italy
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Google Docs: Easy to use and share with team members

Comments: Google docs has become a must for us as we use it with Google Business and being able to export in different formats (mainly word) is key. Being able to share and edit the same document is also a really good feature Google Docs has.

Pros:

We use Google docs probably every day and being able to share, comment and edit the same document is vital for us. Google Docs lets us do this with ease and being able to export as a Word document is also a great feature.

Cons:

Google has changed the way google Drive works with Google Docs. We use to love being able to drag and drop it the document into certain folders but they have changed the way they have let us do this - so it adds a few more steps to our process which is a bit annoying. And Google keep increasing the prices despite making certain features less useful.

Law Practice, 501–1,000 Employees

Google Docs: The Best Software for Students

Comments: As I said in what I like most about the software, I have been thrilled with Google Docs since I discovered it in high school. I have used it for school projects, school notes, event planning, trip itineraries, to-do lists, and even just as a place to store important documents on its' cloud-like software that I know will always be on my Google Docs account. I can not think of any other software that has made my life as easy as Google Docs has.

Pros:

I have been using this software since high school and find it so convenient for working collaboratively with other students with ease. I love that multiple people are able to add to and edit a document at the same time- without having to meet up with each other. It makes group projects a breeze. I also love this software for the peace of mind that it brings me because I know nothing I have on Google Docs will be lost. I often upload important documents to the software so that if something happens to my laptop I know my documents will be safe and easily found. I would recommend this software to any students- high school, college, and graduate. Outside of school, I also recommend this software for anyone planning a trip or event. When my roommates and I moved into a new house, we were able to have one list of who was bringing what supplies to our house and we were able to check off what we already had. I could be at Target and reference the list to know if we still needed a trash can without having to call them while they were busy. Google Docs has truly made my life easier!

Cons:

I really do not have something I like least about this software. I like that it looks like a normal word processor but with all the added bonuses.

Ibrahim
Ibrahim
Student in Egypt
Alternative Dispute Resolution, Self Employed

The Google

Comments: Experience is fun and love Google and it is the best company in the world and the next best writer Ibrahim

Pros:

Google has a search engine. The world has Google. Google has a great company. Google has a translation. It has a domain for people. It has profit growth. It has a big program. Google is one of the best and most widely used search engines around the world, compared to other search engines. But unfortunately, not everyone knows how to take advantage of the largest proportion of the search engine Google, because the engine contains the secrets and tricks that you may have heard and could be the first time you will discover through this post.

Cons:

That Google does not provide support for users Google has worked a survey program Rai does not have the right to use the Arabs and profit from it, injustice to the company Google What benefits from the Arabs in the polls Why Google What works in each country a branch of Google, Google, Yahoo What works like a system The channel and videos, and so people benefit from the financial return and the company is benefiting the company, what helps the hands of those who know On the other hand, the Google Ad Network is not without the negatives, which is centered around the low rate of return on advertising, a conversion rate known as the rate of return on advertising as the percentage that achieve the goal of advertising from the total number of visitors. According to the latest statistics for 2012, the return on advertising in the Google Ad Network is about 4.68%, while the return of the search engines is 5.63% and therefore the conversion rate of search engine marketing is larger as well as its cost. As for the second negative is the bounce rate Bounce Rate of the site after the pressure on advertising in the Google Ad Network. The bounce rate is known as the percentage of people who leave your website as soon as you enter it without completing the browsing on your site. The higher the percentage, the less visitors will be. The quality of the visitors is whether the visitor is interested or not interested in what your site offers And services, the more interested he was the quality

Design, 2–10 Employees

Google Docs Rocks!

Comments: Overall there have been many benefits to using this program! I am usually connected to the internet so I have no issues with using Google Docs. It makes it easy to save work and send to other employees. I love that I don't have to worry about losing my work, and that it will always be saved.

Pros:

Google offers Google Docs as a free version of what is basically Microsoft Word. What I love most about the software is first off, that its free! To me that is a benefit, not having to pay for the software unlike Microsoft Word. Every single file that you make changes to in Docs automatically save to Google Drive every time you make a change, so if your computer for some reason crashes or shuts down, you can pick up exactly where you left off! This makes using Google Docs stress free and you don't have to constantly worry about saving your file or that the latest version of your file isn't saved. Google Drive stores each save as a separate revision, which means if you want to go back to a version you previously made you are able to do so. Google does not count Docs files toward your free space on Drive, so you can keep an unlimited number of documents and revisions - I love this feature!! Unlike Microsoft Word and most other alike software programs, Google Docs runs in a Web browser so you don't need to install software to run the program. Running Docs through the Internet makes it possible to work on any Internet or WIFI connected computer, but this presents a limitation: If you lose your Internet connection, you lose access to the program.

Cons:

Like I said previously, Google Docs runs completely from the Internet, which can cause some issues with the availability to access your files, but it also provides a way to save all of your changes so you never lose any of your work! If you are in a pinch and need access to your files and have no way of connecting to the internet it can make the situation stressful - this is my biggest issue with the software.

Kaleb
Kaleb
Writer in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

Nearly flawless, perfect for writing

Comments: Overall, I find Google Docs to be the superior content writing software. I've tried other writing softwares before and along the way, but nothing has ever compared to the ease of use and effectiveness provided by Google Docs. The minor issues I have faced with Google Docs are ultimately overshadowed by how powerful and useful its benefits are and the amount of tools it provides me with to ensure I always have what I need.

Pros:

I've used Google Docs for nearly a decade at this point and I've never had the desire to utilize another writing software. gDocs is one of my favorite tools to use because it puts a focus on ensuring that your writing is the focal point - there's no unnecessary fancy gimmicks, nothing to distract you from your work, and it's such an effective business tool. One of the best features Google Docs offers is its versatility. There's so much you can create with Docs; from personal writing projects and shared group projects to adding images and hyperlinking text. You can also easily transfer written content by utilizing fast and effective keyboard shortcuts - it's all so seamless that any other method of storing written information just doesn't make sense. Also, you can access gDocs on different devices and they sync all your content seamlessly. If you start writing something on your iPhone then pick up your laptop, everything you had written appears live. In addition, gDocs constantly saves your writing for you so that you don't have to worry about losing important data. Another positive aspect is how much content you can save. I've got documents back from 2011-2012 up to 2019 and I'm sure I'll continue storing new content from 2020 to beyond. Oh, and Google Docs is completely free to use!

Cons:

Sometimes it can be a bit difficult to properly utilize the Shared document functionalities. I have had a few issues here and there involving the process of sharing my content with other users. There are also times where it can be difficult to tag comments on the content others have shared with me. Also, it can be difficult to locate past documents when using the search functionality. It doesn't always provide accurate results which can be frustrating when you're looking for a specific document.

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Google Docs Reviews

Comments: For writing reports or making and editing text files with a computer, the first tool that many people think of is Microsoft Word, but in fact, Google Docs is becoming more and more powerful. In addition to online editing, there are many super practical skills that make me more efficient in processing documents. Strongly recommend! 1. Google Docs can select all of the same style text and edit all at once: no longer need to select one by one after changing the format! Sometimes editing the file will require changing the font, color, and size of the title. In Google Docs, you can directly select all the text of the same style. As long as you select the paragraph of text you want to modify and right-click, and then select "Select all matching text", you can select all the text you want to modify at once and edit them directly Color, size and style are convenient and fast. 2. The built-in web search function: you can type and search Google without opening a new window! If you need to query data when editing a document, you usually have to jump to the search tab or window again, but in Google Docs, just select "Tools" in the toolbar above and select "Explore", a small Google search will appear on the right side of the page Engine window, no need to switch to a different window, super convenient!

Pros:

The most impressive function is the Multi-person editing chat room: No need to open another line to discuss while changing text. This is the most convenient feature of Google Docs is that you can edit the same document with more than one person at a time. In this case, if you want to discuss or communicate in real-time, you don’t need to open other communication software. There is an instant communication room in Google Docs. The dialog symbol next to the head will open the communication room, making co-editing more efficient!

Cons:

Google Docs has the function of automatic archiving in real-time, and it will keep your change history. If you are dealing with long work or report text, sometimes you may need to go back to the previous version to make changes. At this time, just go to the "File" option in the upper toolbar. "Version history", you can select the modified version made at different times, and never have to press the back button!

Esther
Marketing Manager in New Zealand
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

A simple solution for sharing documents

Comments: As I said above the biggest problem Google docs solved for our company is enabling all users to have free and immediate access to company documents. It is also great for sharing documents with people outside the company with a link and a few clicks.

Pros:

It's great that it's free to use. We used to use Microsoft Office but since not all our staff had access to these programs so it became easier for us to share and edit documents as a team via Google docs. Even if a new staff member doesn't use Gmail they can either set one up for free or log into the work email to access google docs. It does everything you need and is only missing some of the more complicated features you can find in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.

Cons:

It's hard to use if your internet connection is inconsistent. Sometimes I like autosave but sometimes it's a pain. If I'm not sure about the changes I have to save a duplicate to keep the original. You also need to keep the Google Drive clean or you can end up with lots of useless untitled documents in your folders. Sometimes it can be hard to work out which docs are shared and which are originals in our drive.

Sasania
Sasania
Associate, Talent Acquisition in Jamaica
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,000+ Employees

Best Word Processing for Collaborating with Team Members

Comments: My experience with Google Docs has been very good actually. The good definitely outweighs the bad and I use it mostly for the convenience. Since it is integrated with Google Drive, I can access my documents across my devices very quickly and that is the most important thing to me as I travel a lot and love to pack lightly (I refuse to carry a heavy laptop everywhere I go just to access my documents), so it just works perfectly for me honestly.

Pros:

The ability to edit a document with your group/ team members in real time while actually seeing every single update is undeniably the most unbeatable feature that Google Docs has to offer. As a recent graduate, while in school and having group assignments, there was no other word processor that I'd turn to for this feature because Google Docs does it best, and it's a great way to see everyone's productivity in action and be able to make corrections. Another one of the BIGGEST advantages of using Google Docs is its auto save feature. I do a lot of typing everyday and I often forget to save my work as I go along. Now, if there's a power or internet outage, can you imagine the nightmare of losing aaaallll of what you spent hours typing? Yup! it's definitely happened to me before with another word processor, but never with Google Docs! Another pro, I'd say, is the ease of access that it has online. As someone with limited SSD storage on my very old laptop that cannot bare any heavy downloads (including word processors) and given the fact that I definitely don't have enough funds to upgrade just yet, in the past year I've relied heavily on Google Docs for quick word document creation and editing. I'm not sure if my processor is just too slow but I found that compared to the online version of Microsoft Word, it runs waaaaay faster and is much easier to access in a hurry. So for me that was a huge advantage and part of the reason I actually only use Google Docs right now.

Cons:

The biggest con for me, using Google Docs, is that certain actions are a bit laborious. For example, if I want to create a text box, I have to use the drawing feature which prompts me to a different window to edit the box. That's honestly too much work, especially when time is against you.