15 years helping Australian businesses

About MyShopManager

MyShopManager is auto repair shop software for attracting and retaining customers through direct marketing channels.

Learn more about MyShopManager

MyShopManager ratings

4.4

8.8/10

MyShopManager has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 29 user reviews on Capterra.

Product Rating

Product Rating

Countries

Countries

Sort by

Have you used MyShopManager before?

Dawn
Owner - operator in US

UNBELIEVABLE RESULTS!!!

Comments: The oil change reminders that [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped create for semi-synthetic and full syn oil changes, so that customers that have that oil don't get reminded too early! That was a big issue that she helped solve. They were getting reminded 3 mos early for 6 mo follow up oil changes, and we re created our syn and semi syn oil change verbiage and now they are on track.

Pros:

The texting software to the customers allows for much quicker response time than emailing, Customers love it and respond immediately, and appreciate the reminders and follow ups.

Cons:

Nothing at all! There isn't anything that I would change.

Tad

Best since sliced bread

Pros:

Super easy to use, very creative and original. I couldn’t imagine not having this in my business. Saves me thousands a MONTH in labor with its automation.

Cons:

I haven’t experienced any down sides yet. If anything, maybe there is so much that it can do and always new things coming out, I don’t even know if I am using it to it’s full ability.

Eddie
Owner & manager in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Customer service is way below expectations once Bolton took over. Bad communications, no value.

Comments: Once Bolton took over it was very bad experience all the way. Don't do it.

Pros:

Myshopmanager was a great platform for our CRM and marketing campaign until it was taken over by Bolton technology. Text messaging was hte main feature we used alongside the email campaigns.

Cons:

Customer service could improve. Once we decided to not subscribe to myshop manager, we were told to follow a specific process to cancel the subscription. We cancelled in November 2022, we suddenly got charged in January 2023, no refund was issues, we cancelled again and then again randomly got charged again in April. We had to cancel the credit card on file to avoid being charged without the use of the service. I would never advise leaving your credit card with Bolton regardless to what product you use.

Manny

Great Product!

Comments: Using MyShopManager makes it more personal with our customers. During the Covid pandemic our customers would just reach out to us by texting and asking how were all doing. It's a great way to communicate on personal basis.

Pros:

Follow up texting with our customers. Doing a slow day text blast gets appointments made. Post card coupons to your customer list gets a great response. Sending a google link and asking your customer for a review by texting them. Being able to communicate to your customers after hours by texting. Great support from staff. They get back to you asap!

Cons:

Sometimes the customer list doesn't match the text feed, it seems lagging to keep up when selecting another customer to text.

Nicholas

New User

Comments: Still new, but so far easy to use and love the phone app to immediately respond back to customer incoming texts, appointments, etc.

Pros:

1. Integration to our AllData customer database, names, $$ spent, etc. 2. Constant automated contact to old and new customers 3. Direct Mail to solicit new offers and promotions 4. Immediate follow up on work completed and customer satisfaction

Cons:

Scan tool to monitor direct mail codes v. from Play store apps.

Martha
Manager in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Customer retention program

Comments: A+ for customer followup and retention. I absolutely love that you can share pictures or videos of the actual broken part and repair with the consumer.

Pros:

I like everything about this software! It's very user friendly and so easy to understand. Customer retention is the secret to repeat business and building relationships with your customers. It is vital to keep in touch and MyShopManager does it all for you. You can always customize the settings to your needs!

Cons:

I honestly haven't found anything I dislike about this software.

Chuck
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Never easier to get business in the door

Comments: I was skeptical about it but once I saw the results i was sold!

Pros:

Text messaging and ease of data review. I have successfully used the slow day blast to fill the shop with work on days when the techs were not fully employed. It also provides graphs and other useful data to help me anticipate slower months to push out marketing materials, which they also make super easy.

Cons:

It can be pricey, I started with a lower tier option and was paying for each text. Upgraded so that texts would be free and that has saved me a bit.

Tyger
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Incredible Software Even Better Customer Support! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is AMAZING!

Comments: A++++ Customer service and excellent product to boot. I am baffled by how great the customer service is! It just keeps getting better, and better. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is AMAZING! Five-star company all the way!

Pros:

Text Blasts, Five Arounds, Mailers, and ease of use!

Cons:

Nothing at all This is well thought out and as good as I have seen!

Woodrow

Best way to communicate

Comments: Good, rocky at first with the Bolton merger.

Pros:

The follow up, the emails about declined work not only keeps my clients informed but also helps us busy!!

Cons:

That the app no longer immediately updates me when someone texts.

Tobi
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Amazing Marketing Tool for Auto Repair Shops!

Comments: MyShopManager is the most effective marketing and reporting tool that I have ever used. The most impressive part is that MyShopManager can distinguish between different types of customers and the marketing techniques required to get the good ones (and leave the bad) back into the shop. Their texting campaigns are no joke! I sent out a text blast of 200 and received 26 appointments and I lost track of how many responses within 72 hours. I posted just a simple little testament on a shop owner's networking page that received over 100+ responses from people looking for more info on how to sign up or comments from other satisfied owners who have already tried MyShopManager. The program runs itself, but works even better if you work with the MyShopManager team to customize and monitor the responses. The program really works!

Pros:

Easy to use and effective

Cons:

Some people may try to use this as a substitute for actually performing marketing actions themselves. It is not meant for an owner just to press the "go" button and walk away. The program is only as good as the person using it.

Joe
Owner, mechanic in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Beyond the honeymoon, buyer be aware

Comments: Not very pleasant in the long run for me and my two locations.

Pros:

Easy to use automated text messaging. Awesome customer service for about the first four months

Cons:

Clunky app which they completely redesigned 3 times in the 2 years. No improvement. Pricing... Their automated text messaging is good, worth max $200 a month. To get the most out of what they offer you need to do direct mail (lots extra $$$) not worth the almost 350 a month for automated reports and automated text messaging. They lock in the return phone number so there's a very painful disconnect. Be aware. Their sales people are very trained to deaf ear, change the subject, and over come objections when dealing with real issues that come up after using their system for a long time.

Mike

Good stuff

Comments: Biggest tool i use for customer retention.

Pros:

Talking with customers via text has built better relations with customers.

Cons:

Daily information about biz, Text with customers.

Samuel
Shop Manager in US

Beat Bang for Your Buck

Comments: Customer retention and interaction has drastically improved. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been amazing and incredibly helpful.

Pros:

Customer interaction is unparalleled. Functionality and the integration with our Mitchell Software was effortless.

Cons:

Ease of use could be better. Website layout takes a little to get to get used to..

Scott

Personal Attention In An Age That Is Lacking

Comments: Great software unavailable through many other outfits. Only company experienced in DAILY interaction with customers and allows you to customize your contact

Pros:

Ability to stay in contact with our customers on a daily basis

Cons:

A little difficult to get in touch with someone by phone but still able.

tony

very happy

Comments: great support staff great product

Pros:

It starts cust contact and picks up leads....on slow times i can send out a 100 texts and pick up work

Cons:

It has lots of reports to sort thru and you need to set up what ones work for you

James
Automotive, Self Employed

Great Product

Comments: Shop manager has been a great program. It has helped me keep in touch on a personal level with my customers.

Pros:

The ease of use is what I like most. My rep was great at walking me through the steps.

Cons:

None at this time, Have used for a short time.

Niles
President in US

My Shop Manager

Pros:

This software really helps me stay in touch with my customer base.

Cons:

Sometimes it work to well. I can contact customers and generate leads when we are already to busy. We have since learned how to turn some features on and off as needed.

Mark

Good product/ good support

Comments: Support is great, helped me get more Google Reviews

Pros:

Text messages, reports, customer support & time

Cons:

Learning curve, memorizing different paths to information

MITCHELL
OWNER in US
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Pros:

EASY USE AND GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND MY CUSTOMERS LIKE THE FACT THAT I REACH OUT.

Cons:

NONE I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS ENJOY USING THERE SERVICE

JAN

Very happy

Comments: I have measurably more traffic
People appreciate the follow up that I never had time to do before
I catch potential problems before they blow up
Customers know they can ask us questions even when they are not at the shop
Texting draws in a younger crowd

Pros:

It's integrated with my database so messages are personalized It does follow ups automatically and varies the text for a more personalized feel They have already built good messaging for common occasions It's easy to track when customers respond and to respond to them Base format is texting, which gets much more response than email

Cons:

I would like more granularity, which the company is developing

Awesome Marketing Tool

Comments: Increased revenue!

Pros:

Ease of use, Customer support. Customers love the follow up process. Has a texting feature, email & direct mail features.

Jen
Customer Service in US

Great program

Comments: I am able to get more promotions out to my customers in a timely fashion which in change creates more business for me.

Pros:

It's a great program for busy shops. The staff is very quick in answering and help in absolutely everything.

Cons:

I can't find anything I don't like about the software yet.

Rick
President in US

Personal Texting

Comments: The first day that we started the trial we received 4 5 star reviews and 30+ replies from the texting and 3 appointments.

Pros:

My Shop Manager sends out personal text to all of my customers. Saves me the time that I don't have to show our customers that I am concerned about the work that we did on their vehicles. They don't bombard my customers we texting and they don't text at night or on weekends. My customers are appreciative of the texting they are receiving.

Cons:

Don't do spanish texting at this time and they tell me they are working on it.

Nichole
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Changed how we do business!

Comments: We love Shop Manager. I was very hesitant to try it because it can feel that there are a lot of options out there. Take the time to go through the training and the free trial. It is worth it. Our Account Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been so helpful and proactive every step of the way.

Pros:

This software makes keeping in touch with our customers so easy! If we have a slow day, we can send out a text blast and it always produces results.

Cons:

It does take an initial period to set some things up.

DJ
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Great customer follow up and communication

Comments: Benefits are opening a line of communication with my customers I didn’t have before [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] my rep is great and very knowledgeable of the system and new things happening with the program!!

Pros:

The texting is great and linking with Shop-ware was easy as you could ask for!

Cons:

Haven’t had any issues at all. It is very nice to have and extra line of communication with my customers