• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.8 /5

About Productboard

Productboard is a customer-driven product management system that empowers teams to get the right products to market, faster.

Learn more about Productboard

Eric P.
Chief Product Officer
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2019

"Simplest way for sophisticated insight consolidation, prioritization, and roadmap management"

Comments: We had an alignment and communication problem that we had to solve. Plain and simply, productboard gives us a clear way to communicate and collaborate on our product roadmap. And gives our team insight into how we think about and prioritize initiatives.

Pros: Consolidating insights from myself, our customers, and our team. I also really like the different views I can create and ways I can prioritize things by release and various scores. The public feedback forum is also really, really nice. Then the beautiful roadmap view is just icing on the cake.

Cons: Doesn't integrate to Clubhouse, which we are moving to from JIRA. We also didn't use the JIRA integration because we were on New JIRA. Which is why we are now on Clubhouse, which I'll save for another review. Also, I feel there are a couple of elements missing when looking at reporting and ongoing maintenance of tickets... but that's hard, and is probably something they're thinking about.

• Reviewed on 26/10/2019
Pieter S.
Product Master
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2019

"Invaluable for those who really care about user input"

Pros: Linking user insights to feature development; Making insights available to developers, designers and others that are working on a feature; Communicating the roadmap with users; Collecting insights from portal as well as other channels in one place."

Cons: It still lacks multi-language support (any other language than English) and the ability to directly interact with user insights.

Sean C.
Product
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Finally one that works."

Pros: Easy to hack and smash without corrupting data. Linkage between other systems that doesn't get in the way. Different views for managing tactical & presenting strategic (using the same set of data). It doesn't look or behave like Jira or Aha! (I feel like your designers must scrutinize everything).

Cons: I'm not sure there's anything bad to say

Inga V.
Product Analyst
Broadcast Media, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Constant feedback and feature management"

Pros: I'm amazed by productboard UX that is totally covering the needs of PMs. And, eventually, the needs of the users. We can easily track all the insights and convert them to features. Amazing customer service btw.

Cons: Hm..have nothing bad to say about it. I'm using it around a year now and have never experienced any issue.

Tobias J.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2019

"Great for planning, prioritizing and communicating product development"

Comments: Planning, prioritizing and communicating product development across many individual products / modules.

Pros: Higher level planning of product features with details in Jira. Ability to link stages (e.g. Design, Dev) to their individual Jira Epics. Communication of Roadmap and easier prioritization and capacity planning. Link customer feedback to Features.
Great and responsive customer support when it's needed.

Cons: Somewhat high price per admin user. We'd add more users at a different price point.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2019
Andrew B.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2019

"Amazing Flexibility and Customer Service"

Comments: I was trying to produce a centralized product backlog and tool for managing the development of requirements through to hand-off to the Dev team.
Additionally, I was looking for a way to communicate the product roadmap to clients. ProductBoard rocked this requirement!

Pros: I love the flexibility of the product. Whenever I have had a need that I think did not quite fit - the team has been able to show me how I can configure the product to meet my request. The customer service is fantastic! Response time has always been incredible. They also seem to take suggestions for new features and improvements seriously. Sharing their product roadmap with their customers (using their tool to do it) really shows the power of using their tools.

Cons: The only thing I would say is a 'con' so far is that their exports could be improved. This is on their product roadmap though.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2019
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2017

"This tool has quickly become integral to our product process."

Comments: We were able to set up a repeatable, teachable process for centralizing, processing, sharing, and incorporating feedback in order to make valuable evidence based product decisions.

Pros: The Insights section is the most efficient tool I have found for parsing feedback from all of the sources we have. From in-app feedback, internal feedback, to customer interviews, and field observation notes, we can capture it all in one place and take out actionable insights. We use this to build a case for evidence based product decisions that come from the voice of the customer.

Cons: We have a lot of data about our sources in SalesForce that we would like to use to help evaluate the feedback. We want to make sure that other attributes like Customer Success Score, NPS, and ARR are taken into account when weighing feature priority. A SalesForce integration would make that part of the app much more valuable.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2017
Mohamed F.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2019

"Productboard"

Pros: I like that it gives you a lot of options as a product manager. Much better than to use spreadsheets. It's a great tool for conducting your work as a PM.

Cons: In certain areas, I think I would like to have a bit more flexibility in editing certain things.

• Reviewed on 22/12/2019
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2018

"Productboard has been a gamechanger"

Comments: This tool, while it is lacking some features we would love to leverage has greatly increased ability for our company to search, store and leverage our customer's insights.

Pros: Love the features board where I can see and view all insights. Love the addition of being able to communicate with customers.

Cons: Lack of API
Lack of automations
Lack of reporting.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2018
Business Development Manager
Program Development, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2019

"productboard such an easy tool!"

Comments: Very easy to use from a user perspective. I only contribute things and review things within the boards of our organization but overall I really like the transparency and visual alignment it allows for to group subjects or items together.

Pros: It's very easy to use for both a user and from a client standpoint. I'm on our biz dev team and based on conversations we have, we add needs or gaps to the feature roadmap. Very easy to add notes directly within or to send emails to a specified address that automatically adds them into productboard.

Cons: A little cumbersome when searching for content. I will search for items that I know are in the board and no results come up. I'm sure it's just a semantics issue most of the time though!

• Reviewed on 20/11/2019
Gasper S.
Product Manager team lead
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"Loving it"

Comments: Productboard has definitely been transformational for our product management team.

Pros: There are three things that productboard really helped me a lot. First, it created a workflow for us to process customer feedback. The 'select text from customer feedback / assign to a feature / prioritise' workflow is super helpful. It's easy to use and fast - I can process a lot of customer messages really quickly. Second, after a period of use we now have a map of all the features that our product has. This is in itself a nice bonus. It helps us to see the structure of the product and allows us to identify areas ripe for improvements. Third, it helped us collect feedback from our users via the product portal. This enables our users to have a voice and shape the product roadmap directly.

Cons: I find it hard to distinguish between objectives and drivers. Perhaps consolidating to one would make sense. It would also be great if they could add a way to collect NPS score from the users or run other quick surveys.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2019
George H.
Associate Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2019

"Productboard is a great tool"

Pros: I love the fact that if used correctly and as intended, it can give you a pretty accurate picture of the views of stakeholders. What I mean by if used correctly is that the users must keep in mind that they are filling out information and metrics that the actual reporter should have. You are analyzing data and feedback on the client's behalf and my opinion or the teams, should not weigh in so much. Unless of course, they submit feedback that is representative of how they feel.

Cons: As mentioned above, it is hard sometimes to detach yourself from the feedback you are writing up and often I find myself arriving at a conclusion and then re-editing other feedback. This is by no means a limitation of the software but it might be worth thinking about.
I also think that the platform could use better and more screen takeovers and walkthroughs.
As a first time user, I abandoned the product a few times but now that I am comfortable in it, I would never

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2018

"Product-led product planning tool with great planning twists"

Comments: Fast roadmapping, dynamic roadmapping, feature organization, release planning, feedback organization.

Pros: productboard makes it obvious and easy to coordinate feedback, features, and roadmap. Instead of investing in "power" features for more complex roadmaps, productboard focuses on ease of use and straightforward roadmap creation. The ability to tie features and releases to discrete pieces of feedback or single customers is a tremendous value add.

Cons: More integration support in the future would be a big value add. What exists now gets the job done, but could be expanded. Otherwise, it's a great product!

• Reviewed on 12/06/2018
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"Exactly what you need to manage a product."

Comments: We now have the ammo to argue intelligently for more development resources, and point directly to the features we could build with X number of development hours.

Pros: The surface level defaults make sense to get started, and then when you need depth it's there. The software doesn't push you toward a particular methodology to make decisions about setting your roadmap, but gives you the tools to understand every data point on a feature (how many people are asking? which user groups?) so you can prioritize however you see fit.

Cons: It could handle subfeatures a little better.

Dylan E.
Software Programmer and Security Officer
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"Prettiest service for product management and development tracking"

Comments: An all-in-one solution for our feature requests, development roadmap and customer feedback.

Pros: It contains a number of good tools to view all your entries/tickets in different ways (grouping by categories, creating a roadmap etc.) and all of them have proper sorting and filtering options. The design is quite striking and elegant and it is easy to get started with it; the user experience is quite intuitive.

Cons: There is no free version and it can quickly become quite expensive if you want multiple 'contributor' accounts.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2018
Roman P.
Chief Product Owner
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2018

"So far, I can't think of any alternative for Product managers...."

Comments: I managed to help my company go from 2050 tasks in Jira and 7 various spreadsheets to one unified place for all the product discussions.

Pros: - features, obviously
- UX & UI are just right for this type of software
- documentation, FAQ & Support are just awesome
- integrates with virtually anything you might need, except for the Gitlab

Cons: - Jira statuses are not displayed from within the productboard
- more cons will be coming as our company uses the productboard more

• Reviewed on 03/05/2018
Thomas R.
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2018

"The clear winner of product management software"

Comments: Ease of use, and the exact features I need to build great software. The ability to measure user feedback and tie it directly to features.

Pros: Extremely well-designed, super user-friendly, and the ability to turn features off / hide them from view means you can keep your workspace pretty minimalist if you want. And I do prefer my screen that way.

Cons: I wish it had an iphone app, and that there were better ways of access it from mobile.

• Reviewed on 03/02/2018
James B.
Director of Product Management
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2018

"Simple onboarding, yet powerful tool"

Comments: Enabling a structured capture of large amounts of customer data, as well as the prioritization of features. ProductBoard saves us 10s if not 100s of hours every month.

Pros: I can see everything at once, and then pivot or filter the data depending on the problem I'm investigating.

Cons: It's fairly expensive. The value is there for the money, but gaining access to this much budget is a bigger process than just "sign up and pay".

• Reviewed on 04/06/2018
Bryan C.
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2019

"Allowing our customers to vote on the public feature request board has been very helpful"

Comments: Allowing our customers to vote on the public feature request board has been very helpful.

Pros: Well designed and easy to use software. It gives all of the features I need and has a depth to it that I know we will use later on.

Cons: Nothing at the moment. Everything works well and it is well designed.

David M.
Global Sales Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2020

"Transparent feature requests"

Pros: Really simple to add requests both by customers and the team. Single sign on available. Possibility to vote for existing requests.

Cons: Searchong for already submitted requests can be difficult. Constant moderator required.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2020
Romuald R.
Director of Product
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2018

"Great all-round product management tool"

Pros: It manages most aspects of product management in a very straightforward manner, keeping it simple yet powerful, unlike some of their competitors (e.g. Aha, too complex to implement; or craft missing key features and buggy)

Cons: The lack of automated communication back to customers when a feature is progressing would be my only negative so far

• Reviewed on 09/05/2018
Kunal G.
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2018

"I think this is the right approach to product management"

Pros: It's hard to imagine anything more comprehensive, from customer feedback on the using end, to customer feedback on the roadmap end, and everything in between - PB has you covered

Cons: It's definitely a little buggy, and glitchy and I wish that weren't true since everything else is really great.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2018
Harsh G.
Business Development
Information Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2019

"Great for collecting all feedback in one place"

Pros: All in one solution for collecting feedback, prioritising what to build, and communicating in progress/just launched features to users and other stakeholders

Cons: Takes some time to figure out how to use

• Reviewed on 25/10/2019
Joshua P.
CTO
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"Alas! We found our product management solution"

Comments: Over the past two years, we've tried about every product management solution under the sun. While many have been good, we hadn't found the best solution for *us* (a small team, 3 product people, 5 engineers). This is the first solution that's been adopted by the entire team, a big part due to the easy shared inbox for customer insights.

Pros: In order of benefit, here's what I like most so far about Productboard: (1) Aggregating product insights / customer requirements across all of our inboxes + Slack into one place
(2) Ability to build a quarterly roadmap w/ existing tickets in Jira + w/ ability to write new features back to Jira as tickets
(3) Ability to outline all of the components of our platform w/ features under each component - something we've never had before.

Cons: Some small nit-picks around interactions (eg. bulk selecting rows), but so far customer support has responded instantly to guide me in right direction.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Neil G.
Head of Product
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2021

"Finally a SaaS product for building product!"

Comments: There's no perfect approach towards developing product but having a SaaS service like Productboard will remove some of the barriers.

Pros: Bright, vibrant design which is a nice contrast to some of the more muted color palettes of SaaS. The outcome based product roadmap is very customizable and can point back to more detailed customer requests. Allowing the extended team to track insights and provide insights of their own leads to a more collaborative discovery process. I also appreciate all the resources and webinars that productboard provides to educate on product management.

Cons: The inbox UX is quite busy and makes it sometimes difficult to track what is going on. While it's good to be able to throw anything into the shared inbox, more rigor and discipline is needed so that it doesn't become a place where everything exists. If you want to integrate with other systems like JIRA / SFDC, it can become quite costly.

• Reviewed on 08/04/2021