iMIS Reviews

by Advanced Solutions International

Filter by:

• Overall

About iMIS

iMIS EMS is the worlds #1 association and non-profit software solution, and the only Engagement Management System (EMS).

Learn more about iMIS

Amy A.
Accounting, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"iMIS"

Comments: As a new user, iMIS is overwhelming and difficult to learn. After meeting with long term users they say iMIS is the "devil you know" once you learn the system it's better to keep working with it than try another database software. I am hopeful the iMIS Cloud will be easier to navigate and learn, but I feel iMIS users should not have to have programming background or decades of experience with iMIS to be comfortable using it.

Pros: As a very new user, it seems to have some functionality that eliminates manual work. For those who know how to use and program databases, I believe it has good functionality.

Cons: It is very difficult for new users to learn. Even with education and training, it takes years to get good at using iMIS. Every team needs to have someone with a programming background in order to fully utilize iMIS. Resellers have so many customers it can be difficult to get your tickets addressed timely.

Sarah I.
Projects & Business Intelligence Manager

"Customizable and Powerful"

Comments: I've worked with iMIS for 13 years, and I'm very excited about iMIS Cloud and the improvements and additions that come with it. I'm able to customize what staff sees depending on their role, hiding information they don't need. The newest reporting tool is exciting, as is the new form builder. We're able to integrate tradeshow, LMS, and app software into iMIS, which allows us to streamline business across the association. The learning subscription and performance improvement program have been worthwhile for us as well. Highly recommend.

Pros: I've enjoyed working with iMIS for 13 years. Once you learn the system it's highly customizable and can handle pretty much anything you need it to. There are many experiential upgrades with the new iMIS Cloud version that create a simpler interface with better design options and functionality for staff.

Cons: I've found the learning curve to be a little steep with new users. The benefits of a powerful system that handles a ton of data work against light users who don't need and have trouble sifting through all of that data. I have staff that don't like using the system and avoid it whenever possible because they have trouble learning it well.

Larry S.
Executive Director
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/12/2019

"Very pleased with iMIS Cloud"

Comments: From the date the agreement was signed until we were live was just under 90 days. Overall, very pleased and am glad we switched to iMIS. We have integrated with a conference app that has two way API, making my life that much easier.

Pros: Ease of use, great customer support, ability to create customized reports, integrating reports into our website, excellent - excellent online training on how to use the software.

Cons: The worksheet used for data conversion was difficult to understand - but the implementation team was very helpful. Also, some of the RISE templates had default settings that needed to be changed that I didn't realize until after we were live, but again, support was quickly able to pinpoint the issue so it could be corrected.

Peter K.
Peter K.
Database Administrator
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2018

"Still the leading overall product"

Comments: We are using iMIS not only for our core sales functions, particularly publication sales and dues capture, but also to integrate with many best-of-breed applications, such as Informz (Higher Logic), Higher Logic communities, Cadmium CD for conference apps like proposals, booth sales, and conference mobile app. We also integrate with our fulfillment house, job board, advocacy program, plus have custom online applications that utilize iMIS as the central repository.

Pros: The ability to provide SingleSignOn with virtually all of our 3rd-party applications enable us to capture information beyond the core functions of iMIS.

Cons: The awkward linkage between our website CMS and the iMIS online core.

David R.
Director, Member Events
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2020

"Comprehensive, scale-able and a long term solution to member management"

Comments: Our member engagement, association website and accounting system is all tied together to provide nearly seamless integration of business operations.

Pros: iMIS is build to meet the needs of changing technology. When new technologies come along you don't have to start all over again. There is a large body of third party providers to tie into any additional systems you need and they have an outstanding "independent" user group that is extremely helpful.

Cons: Learning the reporting system can be time consuming at first but as you get familiar with it that too is a very powerful system that lets you get whatever information out of your system that you need.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2020
Barbara A.
Operations manager
Government Relations, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2021

"The Magic of iMIS"

Comments: Overall iMIS is what our organization has needed to be able to bring all of the services we provide to our customers together in one software program, before we had several departments working in different software's trying to function as one, now with iMIS all the departments work within the same software which allows the departments to function more as a combined unit.

Pros: I like the fact that iMIS is such a multi functional entity. The capabilities are amazing and to be able to perform so many different task and functions within one system is ideal.

Cons: As with any and many software products there can be hiccups that makes a task you are trying to perform difficult, for me with iMIS its the payment process for events, every now and then there is an error that prevents it from processing .

• Reviewed on 23/02/2021
Ashish P.
system and database admin
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/12/2019

"Good membership system for associations or small organizations"

Comments: Overall i liked this software which is perfectly designed for the membership management and easy to use. A lot of online training are available and annual iMIS conference is a great place to attend.

Pros: This software is easy to use and frequent improvements time to time. Also regular webinars for keeping everyone up to date with latest functions or features.

Cons: This software sometimes behave weird and hang. It still has some improvement area in terms of automation or artificial intelligence.

Stephanie M.
Stephanie M.
Director, Member Support
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2021

"iMIS is the backbone for our association"

Comments: I have been a user of iMIS for over 13 years and I'm in it daily. The overall experience has been wonderful with iMIS. I have been involved with NiUG, the user group for iMIS and I've attended various events.

Pros: All of the features and functionality. iMIS has continued to improve as needs of associations have changed over the years.

Cons: iMIS is moving to the Cloud and for our association this is not an option at the moment due to customized billing and customized views to the database.

Tawedzera M.
ICT Manager
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2020

"iMIS review"

Comments: Decision making is now ease. Appropriate dashboards created quick decision making and the availing of any sort of reports which initially was a challenge.
It is user friendly

Pros: Ease of use, flexible in reporting querying, agility

Cons: Difficult to upgrade from one version to another

• Reviewed on 11/09/2020
Colleen B.
Senior Mgr. Ops. & Administration
Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2018

"Colleen's review"

Comments: I solve information need from our database regarding membership for almost every department within our company. If there is not a way for me to do it myself TS Team assists me.

Pros: It gives you the output you want most times in reports. If you can't get what you need the TS Team helps you get what you need.

Cons: The ASI portion of what is written, old archaic, a staple in the design can cause some reporting to look and act obsolete.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2018
Charla S.
Off. Mgr.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

"Great Product"

Comments: I've been very pleased with the product overall. We started with the old desktop version back in 1996 and have since converted to the cloud version.

Pros: The fact that it is written for Associations is good as most database management programs are not. It can also be customized to fit needs.

Cons: It is sometimes a little frustrating running reports.

Patty A.
Special Events, Fundraising Coordinator
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2020

"Highly Recommended"

Comments: I am very pleased and satisfied with the experience in having with IMIS. The software and staff are amazing.

Pros: It's very friendly user. It captures everything I need for my fundraising needs.

Cons: I have nothing but good to say about IMIS.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2020
Payal J.
IT PM
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2017

"this is one of the best AMS as it does take into account a lot of functions for associations"

Pros: Ease of membership/ dues/ event registration and all the functionality associated with a member centric organization.

Cons: RiSE support is not the best. The change from desktop iMIS to RiSE based s/w has been a challenge for the whole organization

Christine H.
Manager, Member Support and Communications
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2017

"I feel it isUser friendly and versatile allows for many tracking options and reporting capabilities"

Pros: I feel it is fairly easy to use and flexible. It allows us to have a lot of options for reporting and tracking

Cons: I don't have a dislike for this system. I enjoy using it and recommend this service to everyone. It is good to have.

• Reviewed on 06/09/2017
James J.
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2016

"Established product, blazing new trails"

Comments: Our organization has been using the iMIS software since 1998. With that, it is important to note that every review of this product depends heavily on how the company (us) who uses it. For many years we used the product solely as a desktop application. While the ascetics of the desktop version (AAC/Back-Office) look like they came from a early 2000's ASP.NET library, it gets the job done. And this side is often only seen by your back-end staff. HOWEVER, the future of IMIS really relies on what ASI (the makers of iMIS) calls RiSE. The RiSE platform is all about mobile first usage. Gone are the days where we are trapped behind our clunky CRT monitors. Now a days, we want everything in our pockets, on our smart phones, tablets and laptops on the road. While we still use the Desktop application for much of our duties, staff have been adopting what is called the Staff Site, a RiSE based version of IMIS to do much of their work. This however goes back to my earlier comments on how you use the software. If you get the latest release, and stay up to date, you will be leaps and bound ahead of many of the current users and will certainly reap the benefits of this legacy software. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or concerns and I will certainly share my humble opinions good and bad. James Jones
Sigma Chi Fraternity
Director of Information Technology

• Reviewed on 25/10/2016
Courtney S.
Receptionist/Database Admin Asst.
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2017

"Staff Site promises to be easier than the desktop version, can't wait."

Pros: The database is easy to update, the information can be exported for sorting and filtering, and the optional features (duplicate merge) make my job much easier.

Cons: It is difficult to know from which department to seek help, when having technical issues. But when you get the right person, they are very knowledgeable.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2017
Diadra S.
Membership Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2021

"Possibilities are endless, but unreliable and heavily manual"

Pros: If we're willing to pay a consultant to help us set it up, the possibilities for features and functions are huge.

Cons: Functions are unreliable.
The iMIS Cloud version is still in it's first couple years and there are still many bugs being worked out.
Billing, even "AutoPay" is heavily manual on the staff side.
For a small staff, iMIS just is not manageable.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2021
Victor D.
SVP, Operations
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2017

"We have been using iMIS for 20 years and continue to integrate it with all our business processes."

Pros: Integration with our business processes, the functionality and flexibility of RiSE, third party integrated solutions, and hosted option.

Jazmyn B.
Certification Assistant
Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2017

"Switched to IMIS and havent looked back"

Pros: 1. Increased functionality
2. Great Customer support
3. Clean, modern design
4. Is a huge program, but doesnt feel bulky

Cons: As a very small association in the midst of growing, we knew that we had to upgrade our software system but wanted something that would continue to grow with us. IMIS has this capability but it is at the very top of our budget.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2017
Myrna S.
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2016

"I feel like we've grown up together"

Comments: I've been using iMIS since 1998 and it has come a long way in capability and ease of use. I never imaged I would still be using the same software so many years later, but it really has grown into a complete member management, event management, website content tool, and a super report writing tool. As long as I've been using this, I still discover new uses, tools and reports that make our interactions with our members better, easier and more user-friendly. Anything that I "thought" could somehow be done, my re-seller and I have made happen. Truly remarkable program that has the flexibility to be as basic or as complex as you need it to be.

• Reviewed on 11/10/2016
Lois D.
Civic & Social Organization
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2015

"iMIS review"

Pros: Coordination with other databases, ease of using the software.

Cons: Lack of flexibility in creating fields for different metrics.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2015
Heather R.
Membership Specialist
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2021

"Robust AMS that takes time to learn"

Comments: Overall this is a great AMS. I was never involved in the pricing but I understand that it is expensive but it can handle complicated membership models. I work for a smaller association now that would really benefit from the abilities of the system but its out of our affordability range.

Pros: There were seemingly endless capabilities. I used iMIS as my primary AMS for a couple years with a previous employer and used it as a vendor accessing clients systems for many years prior. I have seen many versions of iMIS and they always improve.

Cons: The reporting was always a bit challanging.

• Reviewed on 08/07/2021
Director of Operations & Technology
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2018

"iMIS Review"

Comments: The best aspects of this product are the fact that you can generate quick queries on the fly using the built in query system (IQAs). Also with the built-in CMS system, developing an integrated website that is dynamic and fully integrated with the database is much easier. It's also good to have a wide network of developers and third party companies who can also provide support for the product.

Pros: Allows for high level of customization
Integrated CMS system for web page development
Integrated query reporting system
Large number of third party options for expanding and customizing the product
SQL access to the database

Cons: Upgrade process is time consuming and expensive
Slow development to make this a fully web-based product
Documentation is not as extensive as it could be and not geared to novice users

• Reviewed on 05/11/2018
Michelle Y.
Michelle Y.
Credentialing Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2019

"Been Using this CRM for 9+ Years"

Comments: Love iMIS for the most part! Does everything I need it to do and there are user organizations out there that offer great free resources for this product.

Pros: This is the highest-rated association management software out there, which is the reason why my organization went with them. They've also been around for quite sometime, which is also a plus. The software does what you need and can be customized in almost every way possible.

Cons: It is definitely on the pricier side of the spectrum, but is worth it for the most part. Also, customization became much cheaper in the newest version but if you're on an older version, it can be expensive to customize.

• Reviewed on 30/01/2019
Liz G.
Office Administrator
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"Lots of functionality for a small non-profit organization"

Pros: iMIS is a one-stop shop for a membership-based organization. Lots of bells and whistles and good educational support to learn all those bells and whistles.

Cons: iMIS has been around for a long time, and as the company aims to make all functions browser-based, many of its old interface (desktop) remain necessary as they have yet to be adapted in a reliable way to browsers. We're not ready to let go of the desktop and won't be for a while.

• Reviewed on 29/01/2019