Filter by:

• Overall

About ClickUp

ClickUp is the future of work - it's one app to replace them all. ClickUp is the #1 fastest growing productivity app in 2020.

Learn more about ClickUp

Showing 2,280 reviews

• Reviewed on 03/08/2021

"Great task and project management software"

Comments: Overall, I love ClickUp and would recommend it to anyone looking to easily manage their tasks and projects.

Pros: ClickUp is incredibly versatile. My teams use it for managing their departments' repeatable tasks. Having automations set up saves us a lot of time so we do not have to recreate everything from scratch every time we want to make a new task that we've done before on a regular, recurring basis. For example, if you are using ClickUp for client project management, and you have daily, weekly, or monthly tasks to do for that client - ClickUp's automation features let you easily create the tasks with all of their relevant details and data, and make them repeatable.

Cons: The automations are not 100% perfect. There are some things they are missing- for example, letting you add 'relationships' to items in the automation creation process. Also, sometimes there are glitches where multiple items are created when they shouldn't be. Also - the goals / OKRs are pretty limited.

Alternatives Considered: Podio, Asana, Trello and Freedcamp

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Trello's features were much more limited compared to ClickUp.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: ClickUp was by far the most flexible and best to work for our company's needs. The ability to have several different workspaces for each of our departments, with layouts, workflows, and automations designed specifically unique to those departments, made all the difference.

by ClickUp on 17/08/2021

Hey There!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review! We are so happy you are enjoying using automations to save you time and reach maximum productivity.

We really appreciate your feedback regarding wanting relationships as a trigger for automations and for a more developed Goals feature.

We have an awesome feedback board on canny and I invite you to add yourself as a voter on our feedback boards. This way, our team can see what changes are desired.

Thank you!

• Reviewed on 03/08/2021
Andrea N.
Andrea N.
Founder and CEO at PhraseExpander
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2021

"A solid tool to manage all your projects"

Comments: Definitely a great tool for small businesses to manage their collaborators and internal projects.

Pros: The software is very powerful and has all the features I was looking for (but didn't find) in other tools like asana. It has automation and a lot of abilities to represent your projects with different kanban boards. Different from other software that looked pretty complex, it was very easy to set things up and customize them. They also offer a lot of training materials.

Cons: The software can be glitchy sometimes and I'd love if they spend some more time ironing out bugs before adding more features.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Price + more capabilities in Clickup

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Didn't like the interface and I felt it was harder to use

• Reviewed on 26/08/2021
Alfredo J.
Alfredo J.
Founder & Consultant
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2021

"Highly versatile project management platform, and more."

Comments: This is definitely a step up from my use of trello. Using the provided templates I was able to have a more whole view of my web development and online marketing projects with some very cool widgets. I understand this is only scratching the surface of what the platform can offer. In my use case I could easily share the task lists with my clients for them to follow-up, and I know they will be able to collaborate in the future. This is a very well established company with an excellent product, very accessible even with their free tier.

Pros: Even on their free tiers you will get most features and be able to collaborate with a small sized team, and many clients. The templates provided show the many ways in which Clickup can be used for all kinds of projects and businesses. It is very easy to share your boards with clients for followup. Pricing is very accessible if your team grows.

Cons: The learning curve can be steep if you want to take advantage of certain features, but it is worth it, and the templates help a lot. My main gripe is since I like to separate workspaces for different clients, and there is no centralized way to check and all your projects if you separate them like so. I believe you can at least check your own assigned tasks through different workspaces.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Trello could definitely be used for project management, but Clickup had the templates and a more project-management oriented interface, with more granular control to the platform access between me, collaborators and clients.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2021
Olakunle O.
Consultant
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2021

"Very powerful project management tool for freelancers/small businesses"

Comments: I've been using ClickUp as a project management tool to help oversee subcontractors and give clients insights into how a project is moving along. There are a ton of cool features to dive into even at the free level. I like the ease of switching between a Kanban-like structure to Gantt or Timeline. And more importantly, I like the hierarchy of organization within a workspace. I can organize by Spaces and within each of them have a folder and within each folder have a project. And I can click on any level of the hierarchy to see any projects and tasks to are included.

Pros: The number of features at the free level are enough to tackle 90%+ of all common project needs for those looking for a powerful and cost-effective tool

Cons: Because Click Up also includes features for documents, mind maps, and analytics, it can feel like a lot to manage and understand. I can see some users finding it to be a confusing platform.

Alternatives Considered: Asana, Trello and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: I still use Notion for organizing digital content, but it was not as powerful out-of-the-box as a project manager and harder to control permissions/security

Switched From: Notion

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: There were more features are the free level than these other tools.

by ClickUp on 01/07/2021

Hey, Olakunle!

Thank you so much for writing this great review! We are so so excited that you've found our Free Forever Plan was able to handle nearly all of your workload and work management needs at a cost-effective price of... no price! Because it will always be free!

We definitely understand the overwhelming feeling of learning about ClickUp's endless features, as it can be a lot! However, we have a bunch of helpful documents and videos that can help with this! Check them out here: https://docs.clickup.com/en/

Thanks again for taking the time to write out this awesome review! :)

• Reviewed on 17/06/2021
Mike T.
Mr
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2021

"Flexible Project Management"

Comments: One caution, the power can be consuming. The ability to customize the workflow has in itself become overwhelming and you could find yourself down a rabbit hole of rearranging views of the data. Change is good but constant change can cause confusion. I believe any size organization can use the power of ClickUp to manage a wide range of projects. As our company grows we have found it a necessary tool to keep track of the multitude of tasks that need to be accomplished in a week. Expect to take some time to make ClickUp work for your team. The setup is easy. The customization will take some time to get right.

Pros: ClickUp allows for any workflow that fits your team and makes it easy to rinse and repeat that workflow over and over. On the upper plans, your individual team members can also save personal views that work for them. This level of personalization allows people of different personalities to work their own way to accomplish the same project. The new email system has been a game-changer for our team. Now everyone can see the communication with our clients within the project.

Cons: While the templating system is a time saver there is no option to retroactively update an applied template when making changes. So changes that you make to a templated project can only be applied to future projects. I think personal views should be available on lower-cost plans.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: We simply outgrew the Trello lists and cards.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: We choose ClickUp because at the time it had the best templating system.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2021
Nilesh M.
Nilesh M.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2021

"A Complete and Comprehensive Product but Complex interface and usage."

Comments: I use ClickUp for project management and to oversee the majority of the tasks that our startup is focused on. It's an outstanding platform for communicating with others. It has assisted us in reducing the number of meetings needed and speeding up procedures by three times.
Once we were familiar with the interface, our productivity and project management improved significantly.

Pros: The ease of Project Management is bliss to experience on ClickUp. Any project manager/manager/team leader can easily create and assign projects and tasks to their coworkers, team members, subordinates, etc. Also, the ease of scheduling and setting due dates is extremely helpful especially for companies like us, that are just starting up and don't have dedicated project managers, ClickUp helps to ease the role by a lot. The inbox feature in ClickUp is really useful as it provides an intricate to-do list and tells you exactly what you have to do and everything. ClickUp integrates well with numerous tools. Most of the tools, that we were using, were available in ClickUp integration and hence, it increased our productivity further.

Cons: ClickUp has a lot of functions, and it can be difficult to work out what they are and how to use them. To anyone, who is using it for the first time, I would recommend that please spend some time getting to know the tool before attempting to use it. It would save you a lot of time in the long run. ClickUp has some wonderful functionality that would be lost if they were not adequately used and streamlined.
Also, some of the features that I feel could have been better are budgeting and KPIs.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: The number of free features provided by ClickUp outnumbers the ones in Asana. ClickUp was extremely essential for our company for cutting costs and increasing our productivity.

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Due to a shortage of budget, we were looking for products that would help us reduce our costs and optimize our productivity and ClickUp really shined over other products' cost-effective version, due to its collaboration tools and integration tools. When it comes to working in teams, ClickUp is one of the finest products and felt like a one-stop solution for our team.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2021
Melody E.
Credentialing Specialist, Accreditation Secreteary
Mental Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2020

"Great collaborating task app! Takes a minute to learn, but changes everything once you do!"

Comments: ClickUp has revolutionized our agencies ability to track tasks and to be able to collaborate as a team! I have multiple "Spaces" set up within my workspace that help me keep my life and job organized. Here are some of the spaces that I have:
1. Work tasks - private list that only me and who I add can see (shared with my direct boss so she knows where I'm at and can collaborate w me), Sorted into lists based on topic
2. Personal tasks - I put to-dos here for my personal life, so I don't forget to do those things either! Even though I'm in the "Workspace" for my employer, I can set up a list for myself that only I can see!
3. Administrative Staff shared workspace - this is a space where all of the administrative staff at the agency can collaborate, organize tasks, assign between each other and maintain our productivity!
4. Accreditation Space: Our agency is accredited through an organization called CARF and in order to maintain this accreditation, we have to comply with over 1,500 standards! It's a huge job and a lot to track! Our most recent project has been to enter, set tracking and assign all of these standards to members of our "CARF Team!" My job is to basically be the secretary for all of the information and make sure it's completed on time and to track all of the paperwork and data, so it's available when our next accreditation survey rolls around. There is NO WAY that this level of tracking and organization would be possible without ClickUp!
This is a game changer!

Pros: This is a great task app! For me, one of most important feature is the ability to collaborate with others in your team! We have multiple "teams" of people throughout our agency and we have various "Spaces" set up for the different teams to track tasks and make sure we aren't missing details! Here are a few of my other favorite features:
1. Tasks can be assigned to specific team members within the space
2. Folders can be shared with those not on the team to make collaborating easier
3. There is a ton of customization options for tasks to help you such as: priority level, due dates, tags, creating dependencies in tasks (which links tasks so you know you can't do one until you do the other), leaving notes/comments on the tasks so you remember where you left off or to @mention someone and converse with them.
4. There are multiple ways to view tasks like in a list or on a calendar, board view, etc (or multiple views combined!)
5. You can view all tasks assigned to everyone or just those assigned to you and you can sort how the tasks are organized on your "view"

Cons: It takes a minute to learn the features and understand the possibilities. The fact that there are so many options is amazing! However, there is definitely a learning curve in understanding how the program works and getting a feel for how to set things up and utilize them in a way that is best for you.

Alternatives Considered: Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Wunderlist discontinued their services and transferred over to Microsoft to-do. All of our administrative team used this program and we were forced to look elsewhere when support was discontinued for this app.

Switched From: Microsoft To Do

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Microsoft To-Do's can collaborate, but it is clear that it is not made for the same level of ability as ClickUp. The functions of ClickUp far supercede To-Do's and the interface is much smoother. We can to To-Do's cheaper, but it wasn't everything we needed. Syncing is poor between devices and the app is "clunky." I do still use To-Do's but just for my grocery shopping and packing lists and very basic items like that. I also used Asana briefly and this was a pretty comparable product to ClickUp in terms of prices and features. However, ultimately ClickUp seemed to be the more user friendly and had one of the best and most understandable interfaces.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2020
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2020

"Clickup is a life saver!"

Comments: Awesome Awesome Awesome. I hope they continue growing and improving the product.

Pros: I think we've tried most of the PM solutions on the market: Asana, Monday, Wrike, Teamwork, Airtable, etc. Clickup has been the best, by far. It's flexible and feature-heavy while also being intuitive and easy to use. I am so impressed with their dev team and their persistent determination to make their product better on a weekly basis - amazing! Their lists, Kanbans, calendars, gnatt, timeline, time tracking....the list goes on and on. I feel like we can use their flexible system to create any type of custom workflow for our products and I LOVE that!

Cons: I can't think of anything. They are constantly improving and making things better.

Alternatives Considered: Asana, Teamwork, Wrike and Airtable

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Because Asana did not provide the big picture structure we needed to oversee all products.

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Because it had the most features with the most intuitive user interface

• Reviewed on 18/07/2020
Jakob S.
Photographer, curator, producer
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Combining Calendar, Todoist, Trello and Evernote"

Comments: Clickup has enabled me to clearly plan ahead, visualize short term achievements and long term goals with easy. That's game-changing. The fact that I have everything I need at my fingertips within this one product makes the processes involved that much more enjoyable.

Pros: It's so good to finally have one place that hosts a Calendar, To-Do's, Kanban and Wikis in one place. On top, it offers useful features for planning and following through that neither of the above has. The transition to ClickUp cost about three to four full days of work but that was totally worth it. The development and support are the best I've ever seen on any product. They really do listen to their user base and implement new features at a rapid pace, tweaking and refining existing ones and finding solutions for problems where I didn't even think there were possibilities.

Cons: The web clipper could be improved - Evernote is much more advanced here. The software is at times sluggish - in all browsers I tried. The mobile version for Android needs some serious overhaul but they're working on it and planning to roll it out later this summer. I am confident that this product will further improve.

Alternatives Considered: Zenkit and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: I switched from Todoist+Trello because clickup combines all the features I need from those two platforms.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: They have the most extensive collection of tutorials and docs, their support is the best in the industry.

Adam W.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Scaling a Bookkeeping Business"

Comments: Our 4 member bookkeeping team is set up to work remotely. We were able to solve these problems: With more than 20 bookkeeping clients needing data entry and reconciliations every month, we needed to know what had been done so far, what was left to do, what is stopping us from doing something, what is the resolution for that stop. With ClickUp, we can jump on a Zoom call, look over open tasks, and overdue tasks and get them resolved.

Pros: This is the first task management/project management system I've used and it is very easy to understand. You can make it as complex or as simple as you need it to be. I like the ease of integrations and the ability to generate tasks very easily with Zapier. The dashboard views are very valuable and I use them daily!

Cons: It feels very slow at times. Most of my day time use can feel very sluggish. I'm on a 27" iMac with 24GB of ram, I may need more, but I only use Google Chrome 90% of the day. I don't have other programs open or running in the background. I do have about 20 tabs open but still, the other pages load much quicker than ClickUp. I have at least 1000 tasks in ClickUp spread out over 7 spaces and a hundred folders, but still, I need ClickUp (especially for business) to be faster. I do need more than just one layer of sub-tasks though. The checklists are good, but sometimes we just need one more layer. Also, your legacy recurring scheduling options are amazing and I'm not sure why it's no longer supported. It's perfect for our setup where we require recurring tasks to behave a specific way.

Alternatives Considered: Aero Workflow, Jetpack Workflow, Basecamp, Teamwork, Airtable and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: I was able to learn ClickUp for free and get my whole team using it right away and getting feedback from them along the way. I was able to try the business version for free as a trial and learn the benefits of upgrading. I saw clearly the Project Roadmap and the user interactions and their recommendations that were driving development. I saw quite a few bookkeepers and accountants chiming in and I decided that I would take the leap and watch ClickUp evolve and go along for the ride and UpVote those features I needed.

Jay N.
UX Designer
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2020

"The Ultimate Productivity Tool"

Comments: To clarify - I am using ClickUp on a paid plan with my wife for our personal and internal business needs. I don't use ClickUp at work but hope to be part of that migration someday. We're currently on Asana which feels very basic, but that decision was made before I joined the company. We've had a wonderful experience using the tool so far and it's helped us to get organized in so many different areas. I don't know what we would do without ClickUp. My wife rolls her eyes when she tells me about something and I respond with "Put it in ClickUp!".

Pros: ClickUp supports nearly anything you can imagine with flexible configuration, content types and views. No restrictions are in place regarding how to use the tool; the sandbox is simply provided.

Cons: Finding and using Docs was a bit confusing until the recent update which helped a ton. I also haven't had the best experience on mobile; it looks great and works in a pinch but sometimes there's performance issues.

Harley R.
CPA/CEO
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2020

"Loving ClickUp"

Pros: There are so many good things! I love all of the features and how much they keep working on the software to improve it and keep it in tip-top shape. The creators are so invested in this and listen to community feedback like -whoa-. I use mine mostly to keep track of client work - I can create lists of projects that each client has and create a document inside ClickUp to allow me to write down all my notes, questions, missing items, etc for that client. It keeps everything in one central place so I don't lose my notes or my mind!

Cons: While you are able to filter your tasks in various ways, it isn't possible to filter them in the way that best suits my needs. I hope that they will consider adding additional sorting features. I haven't seen anyone else want it as I want it, so it may not be a con for you!

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Excel, Zoho CRM, Trello and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: I hated the boards of Trello (if you like them, ClickUp has that feature too) and that I had to get plugins and other additional software (not free) to have Trello do the things I wanted it to. ClickUp does it for free (though I have a paid account) and is so customizable to work best for you and how you work.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: I still use Excel for some of my tracking because it makes more sense with my brain than ClickUp, but I chose ClickUp over everything else because it had the most features and I could use the software how I envisioned it.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2020
Sagi K.
Product Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2020

"My favorite task management platform"

Comments: I'm a fan.
The task management market is very crowded, and you managed to shine above others in my opinion because of your:
1. Great UX and UI.
2. The usage of Canny for feedback and support - It makes you transparent, and also as a customer, Its great to see your roadmap, and how many people requesting each feature or a bug fix.
3. The custom views + custom fields + the ability to filter every field in the task + goals are powerful features for me, and I feel i can manage and do everything in your platform.

Pros: Everything is customizable, when you wrk with the tasks: Custom fields, Calculated fields, Group by, Filters - Just amazing. Ease of use - For me, it was very intuitive to understand how to work with all the powerful tools in ClickUp, especially the custom views - The ability to save a filtered task view for everyone to see, or for personal use is amazing. Fast updates, and new features.

Cons: The ClickUp team is doing a great job to onboard a new user, or highlight the new features in a new version. I I feel, that the platform is so robust and configurable, that users can get lost, and maybe some of your features will be missed. I'm a technical user, for me it wasn't a problem to work with the platform, but while I on boarded some people on my company, they missed some stuff like:
When you are changing the filters, there is a really small popup, that asks the user if they want to save their changes. And not for everyone it was understandable what was the concept of creating and sharing a view with everyone - at the beginning.
We have lots of views in the company, and scrolling horizontally, is something I specifically don't like.
I think that the different views (for each list) should not be as "Tabs", maybe a dropdown - at least do it if the list has lots of views, and the tabs can host the "Favorite views" - for quick access.

Alternatives Considered: Jira, Notion and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Trello was too basic for our needs, Jira was too "corporate like" experience, and I think that ClickUp is somewhere in the middle between the 2. As a user, I can feel the simplicity of task management like Trello, and also a full blown platform to manage my tasks - better than Jira =]

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Ease of use Better UI Better task management tools And I like the way you think, about how to manage tasks, like the idea of managing all the company's tasks in one List with tons of views and filtrations.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2020
Gary F.
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2020

"Simple, Functional and powerful"

Comments: Clickup has become our task assignment tool which is essential for our multiple location nature

Pros: The fact that there is an app for every device worked really well for us since we have people that works literally on every type of device.
The Customizations that can be made so you can include columns for your type of project, we also have many different types.
It is really easy to move around.

Cons: Sometimes the sync between devices isn't that smooth, it can get stuck on mac from time to time, and some minor bugs. Also, visually We used more attractive softwares in the past.
The ease of use and everything doesn't apply for settings and configuration, sometimes things are hard to find,Once I accidentaly created a list of tasks in the wrong space and I didn't find an easy way to move them.

Alternatives Considered: Bitrix24

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Monday seemed to be becoming expensive for our company size

Switched From: monday.com

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Because we already had a CRM solution and Bitrix didn't feel like the right tool for project management

• Reviewed on 20/03/2020
Thierry C.
Project manager
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2020

"My all-in-one tool"

Comments: For single usage with simple task lists mangement.
Or with full project and team collaboration. The customization for fields, status, project views make ClickUp a leader to me, for an affordable price.

Pros: It can do all what I want and regular updates make it available to do even more every week.
UI is great and evolutive.
With the document recent evolution, ClickUp becomes the real all in one solution to mix task vs notes management.
Mobile app is now great.

Cons: Seriously not a lot. I would be happy if ClickUp would offer and end-to-end encrypted solution.

Alternatives Considered: Quire, Podio, MeisterTask and Notion

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Makes it possible to manage tasks and notes in the same place.

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: I'm still using Notion, but with the new notes features I do switch more and more to ClickUp. With ClickUp I'm using one and only software.

• Reviewed on 18/03/2020
Chris M.
Chris M.
Product Management & Business Development
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2019

"Best Project Management Tool I've Ever Used"

Comments: I use ClickUp exclusively as a solo user for my personal projects at the moment, although I'm trying to sell the idea to my employer to move a small team toward this to replace our current project planning and bug tracking solutions.
I was so impressed that I upgraded to the Unlimited paid plan and intend to be a lifelong customer.
I absolutely love ClickUp and highly recommend it to everyone.

Pros: -Packed with features and options; advanced features are called "ClickApps" and can be turned on/off by an admin, depending on the team's needs.
-Beautiful UI, with relatively intuitive layout
-Lots of view options: by Time (i.e. a calendar), List, Kanban board, Box (cool idea I haven't seen before), Gantt chart (paid feature), and Reports.
-I love how they allow you to minimize a task to pin it to the bottom of your window for easy access. I regularly pin my top 3-4 tasks I need to urgently work on, which could otherwise get forgotten (although their reminders and notifications system is quite robust, those help too).
-The notepad feature is such a great idea. Perfect for having a convenient way to jot down rough notes, which you can later convert to a task if desired.
-Fast development team: features and improvements are rapidly added.
-Unlike a lot of their competition, they listen to users and are transparent with their roadmap: ClickUp uses a feature feedback tool called Canny to let users suggest and vote on features/improvements/bugs (see clickup.canny.io/). They also publish their roadmap, with regular updates, so you know what is coming (see docs.clickup.com/features/roadmap). I regularly check both of these pages and absolutely love this.
-ClickUp's Support team is amazing. Large amounts of written and video content get posted regularly to teach you how to use various features. And if you get stuck, their Support team responds very quickly.

Cons: There is certainly a learning curve to figuring out how best to fit their many levels of hierarchy that groups of tasks can follow: ClickUp offers spaces, projects, project lists, tasks, sub-tasks, checklists, and "checked lists" (an alternative to bullet points within a description box), as well as tags and the newly-introduced goals.
With all these options, it can certainly be confusing on how to structure your to-dos.
My advice is to 1) watch as many of their support videos as you need to understand what they offer and 2) use only what you know you immediately need, then ignore other features until you see a need in your projects.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2019
John T.
John T.
Author, "Boomer Reinvention: How to Create Your Dream Career Over 50"
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2019

"Amazing New Project Management Platform"

Comments: My workflow is pretty typical for a solopreneur. I have different kinds of projects that I put into different "Spaces" (kinda like "departments" or "divisions"). Then within each Space, I use the Lists (i.e. Lists of Tasks) to define a particular Project (yes, it may seem a tad confusing, but it does make sense within the platform). Then under the Lists, I add the Tasks for each step to complete the project - along with one additional level of SubTasks if I need to drill down one more notch. Very thoughtful attention to how things actually work. So, for Recurring Tasks, they've looked at most/all of the ways you could implement this feature, and given you an extensive set of options for what happens when an instance is completed and then needs to recur - so you can actually apply some conditional logic to a recurring task, vs just having it pop up on your calendar at regular intervals. Oh, and of course there's calendar integration, as well as an internal calendar. I love this feature: In the Calendar view, all your undated tasks are listed on a column on the right. Just drag the task over to a date you want to do it and populate ("calendar block") your calendar. If you have designated a time duration for that task, you can drop it onto a specific start time. How intuitive is that!

Pros: ClickUp gets it right - and the price is unbeatable: currently FREE for most features. I am not a shill. I don't work for ClickUp. I am not an affiliate. I am just a solopreneur, ex corporate exec with a mania for organizing tasks and using technology to support my work process. I've tried Asana, Wrike (still have my very expensive yearly subscription...), Trello, Todoist, NirvanaHQ, Facile Things (yes, I confess, I'm a GTD aficionado), and I've trialed a bunch more (Zoho, Teamwork Projects, Airtable,Podio/Monday, Hive). ClickUp has them all beat in my view. First, they are an upstart with an ambitious roadmap that they're delivering on. Beautifully designed UI, smartly thought-out hierarchy, list or kanban views (and you don't have to choose as in Asana), analytics, time-tracking built-in, good use of colors to tag and visualize. Oh, and did I say Gantt charts? With dependencies? Within each task, ClickUp is not that different from Wrike or Asana - nor should it be. It's about how you can access those tasks, understand what you should be doing today, and then be able to assign tasks, track them, message and collaborate with co-workers. It also integrates with everything, including Slack of course, plus other time trackers if you're already subscribed, and yes, they do have a Zapier integration. Plus, support is lightning quick, and they have video after video after video on their YT channel if you want to see something demo'd and walked through. I could go on..

Cons: Haven't found any negatives. But you might find something.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2019
Dana O.
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2020

"Excellent Scalable and Flexible task tracking solution"

Comments: ClickUp has helped us move from paper processing workflow checklists to online task management. We have also replaced manual time tracking of asks and created a bug log to share with developers. We have used to to collaborate with both outside and internal users. Anytime we have something to track, we find a way to use ClickUp for it!

Pros: Customized fields
Customized views
Add ons available (automation, time tracking, etc...).
Workflow flexibility

Cons: Sometimes it can be overwhelming for users because it has so many features. You can keep some features turned off but not by user.

Alternatives Considered: Trello and Airtable

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: ClickUp had more features.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2020
Isa S.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2019

"Amazing Software–Super excited about future device updates"

Comments: Doing my best to learn how to use the system as efficiently as possible, and trying to figure out how to have the device apps be useful to me. Proud user, committed to supporting ClickUp as an avid user, and really excited to see where you take it. Thank you guys!

Pros: ClickUps feature set is extensive, the service is incredibly modular and the desktop interface offers great filtering and task views. I'm a huge fan of the list views and filtering, with favorites. I love the icons for managing timelines. The two way sync with GCal is lovely. The service teams are amazing, and I feel truly cared for by real people. Watching the app grow and being involved in feedback on the development is cushy, encouraging and really wonderful. I really get the feeling like ClickUp gets greater just based on watching how quickly the features are evolving and being released.

Cons: I'm consistently frustrated with both the iPad and iPhone apps. The notifications don't really make sense because I have so much going on at any given time, and I can get up to far too many notifications for one task if all the fields are updated. This becomes quickly disorienting as they don't group and it winds up becoming challenging to see what are "chats" which need immediate response and what are other less important notifications. Most frustrating is that filtering seems to have errors on devices, and the views aren't conducive to productivity like the desktop app is, there are glitches, and mainly the apps don't feel like they fully take in mind they fully take in mind the user scenario for that device. Given the update cycles and feature releases I have a lot of faith in the developers ability to revisit their apps and the ability to embrace design and UI from a user perspective to make it great tool for productivity and organization.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Melissa (misi) S.
Melissa (misi) S.
Small Business Owner
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2021

"More Than I Need"

Comments: Overall we have had a good experience with ClickUp...it was hard to start, but we are getting the hang of it and starting to enjoy the benefits of all our set up work. Thought we are a small team of just 2, we know that implementing a program like ClickUp to manage our business will allow us to grow and add more team members in the future.

Pros: I like the overall look/design and that it has a desktop version. I also love that we can grow with this software...it is way more than what we need right now and at times it feels confusing. It has so many features that we plan to implement in the months to come...it can eventually handle things that we have been tracking in multiple different spreadsheets and documents. It was well received by my coworker even though it took a few days to get it figured out and working properly.

Cons: The spaces concept was hard to figure out at first. I honestly had trouble getting started and almost gave up. I still have trouble figuring out some aspects, but I know the it is worth the time/effort to figure out so that we can start organizing more parts of our business into the same project management software.

Alternatives Considered: Asana, Trello and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: We wanted a program that has a desktop version for Mac.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2021
Ryan C.
Software Engineer
Computer Games, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2020

"Solid and Flexible"

Comments: I am used to working with huge Project Management systems with lots of bells and whistles which can be very difficult to configure and use requiring you to pay hundreds to thousands for several days of training to use. I've also used smaller systems like Jira and Visual Studio Teams with mixed feelings. It truly amazed me just how quickly I was able to get into this system and run with it.

Pros: I spent 2 hours with this software and quickly figured out how to setup all my projects just the way I want them and organize tasks into Spaces, Folders, and Lists that I decide on, not some preconfigured and ridged structure the software decides I should be using. Also figured out pretty quick how to build Templates and Color Code my Lists of work and setup a custom task statuses that I liked. To accomplish all that in 2 hours of my time for 3 projects was amazing.

Cons: Honestly I wish there was a simple button I could press to show all the "closed" work. You can change the filter settings to include it when you need to but then you have to change it back when you don't want to see it. It's a small thing but is nice to get an overall view of how much work has been done already.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2020
Michael D.
Head of Product
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2020

"ClickUp 100%"

Comments: ClickUp touches our Product, Marketing, and Customer Success efforts. It is a very flexible tool that is a pleasure to use.

Pros: This helps our team and members on external teams stay on the same page to get things done on time by streamlining communication. The new dashboard reporting is a nice addition that provides a high-level overview and progress status.

Cons: There is a calendar integration feature I would like to see added. However, the ClickUp team is constantly deploying improvements.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Clickup is a better tool for our use.

Switched From: Wrike

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Trello was too simple and didn't provide the horsepower we needed.

• Reviewed on 05/04/2020
Alison P.
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2020

"Click up is amazing"

Comments: I started using the free version. I quickly decided to pay for the unlimited plan, because I knew it was a great piece of software, I was using it all the time and the lowest price paid plan was an easily justfiable price. It didn't take me long to upgrade to the Business version. I am very, very happy with the value I am getting for the subscription cost. I love getting the weekly emails that tell me what's new - ClickUp are a company that really want to develop the product.

Pros: It's easy to use, highly customisable, looks great, great value for money and, most importantly, is constantly being improved and updated

Cons: I would like Gantt charts to be developed a bit, for instance I would like to be able to visually see dependencies on the Gantt chart view.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2020
Gianluca C.
Architekt
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2020

"Tool for everyone and anything"

Comments: Using it for amything, personal home projects, holiday planning to work related small adjustments to bigger packages with deadlines and time tracking.

Pros: Amazing product. Easy to use for any business, any task, customizable to your personal liking and Equaly useul tobuse both personally and in a team. Was looking for a long time for exactly this solition, especially because it provides the most relevant tools in a free account. considering upgrading as it became a daily used tool for my work and privately for so many different things and projects.

Cons: It can be lacking sometimes oversight, especially if there is a big number of tasks with the work in a team. Maybe better structuring could already help or slight changes in the layout/graphic appearance.

Alternatives Considered: OmniFocus

• Reviewed on 28/03/2020
John A.
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2020

"ClickUp Checks All The Boxes For Me"

Pros: It has so many features but manages to not be overwhelming at the same time. There are huge chunks of the software I never use, but those features aren't shoved down my throat. I use what I need, and that stuff is front and center for me.

Cons: Lots of changes due to quick development cycle. If you're not used to software that changes as you go, it may be disconcerting. I like the pace of development though.

Alternatives Considered: Wrike

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Trello was cumbersome to get set up for my needs. ClickUp worked almost perfectly right out of the box.