• Overall

About ClickUp

ClickUp is the future of work - it's one app to replace them all. ClickUp is the #1 fastest growing productivity app in 2020.

Learn more about ClickUp

Filter reviews (2,484)

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used ClickUp before?

Filter reviews (2,484)

Md mahbub A.
Md mahbub A.
Digital Strategist in Bangladesh

Pure task management software that you can use for FREE!

5 2 months ago

Comments: I have been using this app for a while now and it has been a very good experience. I use it to manage my tasks from home, from work, from school and from all the other places where I am doing tasks that need to be done. It is easy to use with lots of features which makes it very convenient for me. It also has an inbuilt calendar that allows me to schedule the tasks that I need to do into different days. It is very easy to set up too!

Pros:

The best thing about this app is that it is very easy to use. It also has a lot of features that make it easier for you to manage your tasks. This app can be used by anyone who wants to keep track of their tasks and follow up on them. It also has a notification system that allows you to receive notifications on your phone when there are new emails, messages, and tasks in the app so you don't miss anything important.

Cons:

I didn't like the current UI (in the 3rd quarter of 2021) and how it is difficult to find their management options. Also, its become a mess sometimes when you have thousands of task created and completed.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: We selected ClickUp Task Manager over Trello because it has a great user interface and is easier to use. Trello has a great range of features but the interface is very difficult to use for people who are not familiar with the software. ClickUp Task Manager has more intuitive and easy-to-use interfaces that will help you manage your tasks in a better way.

last month

Hey, Mahbub! Thank you for this great review! I am so glad you find ClickUp easy to use and to manage all of your daily tasks. We appreciate your feedback about the UI. If you ever need help navigating the new UI, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we would love to help you in any way we can! We hope ClickUp continues to be the most convenient way to stay up to date and organized!

Laerte J.
Laerte J.
CEO in Brazil
Design, 2-10 Employees

best management tool in the market

5 last month New

Comments: Overall our experience is very good because we solved several management problems for the company in just 1 software that has a reasonable cost and for this reason, we ended up recommending for everyone to use Clickup.

Pros:

It is a very complete software which has many uses. In our company we use clickup in several different areas such as the common project management, financial management, register of employees and contractors, among others.

Cons:

Because it has many functions and uses, it becomes a little complex to create new areas of use and sometimes teach the team how to use the software.

Alternatives Considered: Asana and Trello

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: First of all the pricing and all the functionalities they offer and the interface.

3 weeks ago

Hey, Laerte! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such an amazing review! We're so happy to hear that you and your team are enjoying ClickUp. We have quite a few options to help you and your team get more familiar with ClickUp! ClickUp University is the best way to learn ClickUp fundamentals. It is free, on-demand, and your team can access it 24/7! You can learn more about ClickUp University and sign up here: https://university.clickup.com/! Please feel free to reach out to us via chat or email at [email protected] to discuss these options and the resources available. Have a great day!

Stephen brent M.
Stephen brent M.
Founder in US

The best project management software for growing agencies

5 last month New

Comments: I am super happy and would recommend ClickUp to anyone.

Pros:

I have used multiple project management and planning software in my career, but CliclkUp checks almost all the boxes. It was easy to set up, train the team, and get clients to adopt. One of my favorite features is that it allows for customization to whatever degree you need it to make it work for your organization. It also allows different team members to view projects in the way that makes the most sense for them without changing ti for everyone–lists, kanban boards, calendars, etc. People process tasks differently and this makes it really helpful when working with a diverse set of skill sets.

Cons:

There are almost too many features, which can feel overwhelming. I appreciate the continued development and find some of the features really helpful, but there are times when it can feel overwhelming to keep up.

Alternatives Considered: Asana, Jira and Trello

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: After using Hive for more than 2 years, it started to feel buggy and lagging in new features. They also changed the pricing model, which made it less attractive.

Switched From: Hive

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: I had previously used each of these and was aware of the pros and cons. When researching ClickUp, it became clear that it was the frontrunner.

2 weeks ago

Hey, Stephen! Thanks for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. We definitely don't want you to feel overwhelmed! I recommend reviewing your ClickApps to turn off any that you are not using to enhance your experience in the ClickUp platform! We're also thrilled to now offer ClickUp University our free customer-facing university! It is free, on-demand, and your team can access it 24/7! You can learn more about ClickUp University and sign up here: https://university.clickup.com/! If you have any other questions or would like more clarification, please feel free to reach out to us via chat or email at [email protected]! Have an amazing and productive day!

Lizzie B.
Director of Personnel in El Salvador
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees

ClickUp is the best Project Management tool.

5 2 months ago New

Comments: It helps me a lot in managing different departments' tasks and assigning projects to different members. The subtasks are just amazing because I can have 2 or 3 members working on the same project and assign quick subtasks to each one of them. Also, the notifications are customizable.

Pros:

Super useful, practical and time-saving. I love the chrome extension and how easy you can attach screenshots to your tasks!

Cons:

Limitations to add comments on screenshots or images attached to each task. There was a point that I could not continue adding them.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Because we needed a tool with more visibility of our projects and with unlimited space and functionalities.

Switched From: Google Drive

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Because I saw the reviews and the amount of features and functionalities, which were more convenient for us.

last month

Hey, Lizzie! Thank you for your awesome review! Our chrome extension is one of the many thing that sets us apart from the rest. We would love to hear more about adding comments on screenshots. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] so we can assist you. We hope ClickUp helps you to continue to manage all of your departments and make life a little easier!

Şeyma A.
Product Manager & Co-Founder in Turkey
Farming, 2-10 Employees

ClickUp Experience

5 last month New

Comments: I use ClickUp to manage my team, assign tasks, analyze KPI's and even chat with co-workers. We love ClickUp and its experience. Its notification system saved us a bunch of time. It eases our works!

Pros:

I love the UI and UX of ClickUp. While it was serving a great experience and a lot of features, it does not create a complex interface. You can use all of these features in a minimal design. Its minimality and great user experience is the reason why ClickUp is the best.

Cons:

Sometimes ClickUp works really slow. Especially its web extension cannot ease my work due to its working speed.

Alternatives Considered: Notion

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Its free option was enough for us. However others do not have a suitable model for us. Also, ClickUp's design and minimality suited well to our team. We did not purchased or used a lot other products but at first we tried other brands. ClickUp was the most easy to use PM tool!

3 weeks ago

Hey, Eyma! We're so happy to hear that you and your team have been enjoying ClickUp! Our Free Forever Plan is and will remain just that, free forever! We are proud to provide an industry-leading amount of items to be created within all of our plans, and we will never limit you to the number of tasks you create. You can create unlimited tasks without any restrictions! We depend on feedback from users like you to continue to grow and we appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review! Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all, and have a great, productive day!

Michelle M.
Strategic Content Creator in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

As simple or robust as you want it to be

5 2 months ago New

Comments: I like using a digital to-do list along with a paper one, and ClickUp is the best cloud-based solution I've found to store all tasks—from time-sensitive current deliverables to big-picture, longterm projects—for each of my clients in a way that is easy to view.

Pros:

Setting up ClickUp is pretty straightforward. I set up my Spaces by client, and then have Lists of projects/categories for each client, for example, Social Media. Then I add specific tasks in those Lists. I like that it's easy to see tasks from different views; I prefer the list view, but some of my collaborators prefer the board or calendar views. I also like that you can set up a customized dashboard with widgets for another way to see the status of all projects and tasks.

Cons:

It can be tricky to accurately track when work is completed by the due date. For example, if a written deliverable is completed for a client by the due date, but is then in client review, it will appear as overdue for the contractor. The workaround is to change the due date, but that's not an accurate timeline if you want to review workflows. Using contingencies can help, but that function requires more setup, and I don't usually bother with it.

last month

Hey, Michelle! Thank you so much for your review and for adding ClickUp as part of your daily workflow. We always want to provide features that are preferred and necessary for people of all walks of life. If you find due dates can get complex when it comes to contractors, you can always use a Date Custom field for when things are in review and then use your due date for when your task is really complete. This way, you can have the multiple dates you need without confusion. We hope ClickUp continues to be a wonderful cloud based solution for you and your company!

Nicole W.
Nicole W.
Communications Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees

Multiple Views for Project Management

5 2 months ago New

Comments: I enjoy the beauty of the software and the intro videos. It's easy to get started! Also, it's free.

Pros:

I enjoy that you can switch between views depending on what part of the project you are looking at. A user can see the project using boards, a calendar, lists or folders. These functions are easy to toggle between, and I believe it makes this project management software highly functional.

Cons:

Sometimes, it is difficult to see where to add or edit headings, particularly in the list view.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: I was looking for something that would integrate with Google calendars. Although I haven't yet been able to activate this feature, I believe I will figure it out with further use.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Free and more highly functional.

last month

Hey, Nicole! We appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. ClickUp is a flexible platform designed to work the way you want! A great resource to get started is our page on using ClickUp as a non-profit here: https://clickup.com/teams/non-profit. Make sure to check out the How to Set up Your Nonprofit Space section! Have a great, productive day!

Jean-baptiste R.
Jean-baptiste R.
IT Engineer in France

Top for team collaboration

5 2 months ago New

Pros:

Easy for begginners, it is very intuitive

Cons:

It can be a bit messy if you don't have a proper way to organize things as the tool is very permitive

last month

Hey, Jean-Baptiste! Thank you for this beautiful review! We are so glad you found ClickUp very easy to use and great to collaborate with others. If you ever need help organizing your Workspace, please feel free to reach out to our wonderful coaches at [email protected] so that they can give you some awesome pointers! Have an amazing day!

Kate B.
Kate B.
Content Marketing Manager in US

Wonderful and Malleable Project Management Software

5 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

You can create all sorts of templates for projects so it's completely flexible and works no matter what type of team you're on. So if you're in marketing like me or tech or really whatever, there are lots of options to choose from.

Cons:

The interface has a lot of gray text, which is lovely because it's not obtrusive but also hard to read.

Josh M.
Product Manager in US
Computer Networking, 11-50 Employees

Productivity Cheatcode

4 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, ClickUp is a great productivity tool and Project Management Tool. Our team originally moved over from Trello + Asana and have all agreed that ClickUp made our lives easier. But, for people considering ClickUp, I urge you to plan your workspaces appropriately. Any Project Management tool - no matter how good - can feel 'Broken' if you don't set it up correctly. I'd encourage you to set up a demo with the ClickUp staff or read their Blog for help. That's what we did

Pros:

ClickUp was the most customizable PM tool we found. The ability to have our entire team in a single tool for daily task management was a massive game changer for our company's daily productivity. We really love the ability for end-doers to view projects in a "Board" or "List" view while managers and planners can live in "Calendar" view and "Gantt" views simultaneously. Makes it really easy for our team to have oversight on every project while still allowing different team members to customize/personalize their own experience

Cons:

At first ClickUp was buggy. If you had a lot going on in a single workspace it was common for the app to have extended loading times. But, as we've continued using the product there have been some improvements on this front.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Needed more flexibility & customization without sacrificing simplicity. ClickUp did all of that and more.

Switched From: Asana and Trello

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: ClickUp's brand was more compelling, to be honest. We really liked their "1 new update each week" slogan. It made us confident that any software issues we encountered were going to be fixed sooner than later. So far, ClickUp has kept its promise!

last week

Hey, Josh! We truly appreciate the time you took to share details about your experience. We're so happy to hear that you and your team are enjoying all of our awesome features! We want nothing but the best for ClickUp users, and we will remain focused on fixing bugs, the overall speed of the platform, and expanding feature parity in our mobile apps. We are very grateful for feedback like yours. We are on it! Please feel free to send any bugs you find our way so we can work to make sure they get squashed right away! Have an amazing and productive day!

Noelia D.
PhD Candidate in Spain
Biotechnology, 10,000+ Employees

Increase your productivity while managing all your tasks

5 2 months ago New

Comments: In my experience doing a thesis while learning new skills and foreign languages and starting my own brand, ClickUp has helped to me to stay on top of all my tasks creating a management system that it perfectly suits my needs. So, honestly, give it a try!

Pros:

I came to consider ClickUp as the most interesting application to task management. The huge possibilities that it offers lead to the increase in your productivity since you the combinations to personalize your task system are infinite. - The tasks can be organized in different boards, projects and folders. Each task can be related to its parent task and to others at the same time. Moreover, each tasks has so many different fields you can complete, and even personalized, that can help to track the time and resources you invest maximizing your schedule and letting you to learn about how well you perform depending on the type of task or even the moment of the day you are doing depending on what task. - Other characteristic I love from ClickUp is the different views they offer to control all of your tasks: lists, boards, calendar or gantt diagram. Depending on the characteristic you want to check, you can use one or another to get the most out of it. - Probably one the things why I'm completely captivated by this app is that you can go from the little piece of information with a checklist inside a subtask to a dashboard where you can check the status of all your tasks inside a big project. - The last thing I think is a plus is that ClickUp is constantly updated offering new features and additions from time to time, which makes it worth it to pay for it.

Cons:

I do not have any regrets and as it has been improving along the two years I have been using it, I do not miss anything in particular. However, I should say that it has a learning curve that could back down some people.

last month

Hey, Noelia! Thank you so much for leaving such a detailed review and for using ClickUp! We love giving you the options to have your workflow as simple or complex as you please by offering you countless ways to set up your Workspace. We always have amazing training videos and webinars for those who need assistance getting started: https://clickup.com/webinar We hope you continue to love using ClickUp and wish you well as you continue your studies!

Mohamed G.
Marketeer in Egypt

Clickup is a great option for creating a virtual workplace, and solve your problem and track tasks.

4 2 months ago New

Pros:

I love Clickup because it organizes and schedules out my daily tasks. If i have repeated meetings and tasks it remind me with them when i connect it to the calender, i can follow my work timeline, and know the due dates. it helps me to track the daily tasks and measure the output of the day, like to do lists. it reminds me with the duedates at the beggining of the that day so i thisnk it helps me to work smart not hard. it has a mobile application also so i can see what is the new when i was away from my laptop. it's really amazing website and application.

Cons:

i think it needs more attractive emojis and to add stickers on it, to express my feelind with a funny way. it has some issues in refreshing the notification list like the notifications is not ordered by recent in sometimes.

last month

Hey, Mohamed! Thank you so much for your review! Work smarter and not harder is something we truly take to heart and I am so glad ClickUp is helping you do this by keeping track of all of your appointments and due dates! You have an awesome idea about emojis! I would love to invite you to vote and comment on our feedback board about it here: https://clickup.canny.io/feature-requests/p/add-custom-emoji-as-you-can-do-in-slack We hope ClickUp continues to help you stay organized!

EVP Operations IT in US

Great project managment tool

5 2 months ago

Comments: Overall it works well for what we use it for. We have many projects and tasks but not a lot of complex planning needed.

Pros:

It's pretty intuitive to use and has a good balance of features without too much complexity. It's easily customized for users and automations enable pretty complex behavior if desired.

Cons:

The email notification process is not the best. I often get duplicate email notifications or email notifications on my own responses to comments.

Alternatives Considered: Wrike

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: We needed a few more features than basecamp could support such as gannt charts and subtasks.

Switched From: Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Wrike is way too expensive and more confusing to use.

Tanner S.
Tanner S.
Account Executive in US

It's the next level for project management

5 2 months ago

Comments: We love it. The ability to customize templates and even create conditional work flows based on task completion is really nice.

Pros:

Rarely does a project management system "have it all" but this system is jam-packed with features. if you can think it, this program can do it.

Cons:

It can feel complex at first while you're getting the lay of the land, but after a while, you'll be zipping around and moving projects along.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: At the time we had two teams split between Basecamp 2 and 3 and each team liked different features. Se we found ClickUp that had everything all in one and it worked out well for us.

Switched From: Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Monday was not as robust in its customization of workflows as ClickUp so we decided to go with a program that let us build out something that worked for our specific uses cases.

Mohammed A.
Senior corporate communications in Jordan
Banking, 5,001-10,000 Employees

The right tool to apply project management professionally with the lowest costs

5 2 months ago

Comments: ClickUp helped solve project management problems. ClickUp provides modern solutions for institutions and organizations to develop viable plans by sharing all team members by adding the actual tasks that they must implement to achieve the project goals on time.
Valid for both micromanagement and long-range planning where you create goals and then define the tasks you need to accomplish to reach that goal. So it is an excellent project management tool as well. You are now more productive with ClickUp than ever before.

Pros:

ClickUp is an excellent tool for managing various projects, especially for small organizations that cannot hire project management specialists, where you will have a professional project management platform at the lowest costs, enabling the available staff to perform all project management tasks with excellence using the ClickUp platform. ClickUp allows each member of the organization to set their own priorities, with the addition of specific dates for their completion, and then, through the cooperation of all team members, the tasks will be followed up and cooperation will be strengthened to complete them. ClickUp provides a Gantt view of all the tasks listed by the members, which will give you an impression of the total number of tasks and the relationships between them, helping you make the right decisions that contribute to increasing productivity and completing the work on time.

Cons:

Everything is special in ClickUp, as the application is easy to use, and allows the user to access its own page from any computer connected to the Internet, and through mobile phones. After entering the application, the user will be able to see all the tasks that he must complete and their due dates, and you will also be able to upload files and documents of your activities to share with the rest of the team members.

Executive Director in US
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees

If you don't ever need to be reminded of upcoming deadlines....

5 3 months ago

Comments: It's a love/hate relationship. I love that if fits every weird situation we throw at it.
I hate that every little task and subtask (and there can be hundreds) need to be reviewed or looked at on the daily because something might pop-up that no one is watching and basically we all have to be reminded by almost missing something.

Pros:

This is one of the most complete (can you say "complex") project/task management tools I've ever seen. You have every format you can think of and even ones you don't need or know you might need.

Cons:

A major flaw with this software is a real "head-scratcher". From what the rest of us can see, ClickUp has a separate "reminder" system. For example, if I have a task to create and submit a document and it's due on the 10th of the month and it's the 1st, I want to be reminded before the 10th because there is work involved. Like every other project/task manager, reminders ahead of the task due date are integrated so one is prepared for the due date. So, if I don't get notified (we have many, many tasks ongoing) of the aforementioned document until the date it's due, that is a huge problem. ClickUp's solution is overcomplicating the process. Especially with so many diverse tasks throughout all the projects (lists).

3 months ago

Hey, there! Thank you so much for your review, we appreciate you sharing your experience. With reminders, you can choose which date you get reminded! Meaning that if you have a Document due on the 10th, you can definitely set a reminder for the 5th or any day you choose before then. You can find out how to do this and more here: https://docs.clickup.com/en/articles/2039044-reminders If you need any assistance setting up your reminders or anything at all, please reach out to us via chat or email at [email protected]

Carlos G.
CDO in Spain

Take the TASK MANAGER (of your team) to a new level

5 3 months ago

Comments: I came from another task managers and the overall approach was easy. Its true that in the first day you need an extra time to understand the flow of the tool and to know all the tips that you must use to simplify the process. any way, a really complete app. With a lot of features to adapt it to your projects. you are not to use it all always, but the flexibility to use it if you need it its fantastic. obviously I recomended to all the projects i work because the information of the follow up its amazing and super usefell.

Pros:

All in one app. Task manager, GANT, calendar, link task, and message with your team. If you train the people, you will not need any other app to know the status of each task and the next steps of your project. Its a nice all in one app that help you in the day by day projects with your team

Cons:

The learning curve could be a little hard the first days. You need to leave the mail away, and that's no simple to execute! anyway once all the team start working its a Wonderfull app to reduce the volume of emails and daily Comunications

Alternatives Considered: Asana and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: the more features and possibilities

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: The most options and the price for the service

Antonia C.
Digital Marketing Entrepreneur in Italy
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Cheap full optional project management tool

4 4 months ago

Comments: Overall I'm very satisfied: it took some time to get used to it (and I'm aware I am taking advantage of onky a minimum part of all the features it has) but now ClickUp is really speeding up my work.
I like a lot the ability to have multiple views (lists, kanban, mindmap, calendar and more) and apply them to different projects as a built in templates.
A great plus is you can suggest new features or improvement (or vote what other peoples suggested) and the team promptly work on them.

Pros:

What I like most is the opportunity to have multiple tools all in one: not only task/project management but also time tracking, reminders, super easy video recording and sharing, plus a sort of widget wall where I can take notes, monitor my activities and other stuff. I really do not need any other software to organize my work.

Cons:

I hate the task window: it's full of information I don't need, space for description is very poor and half of the space is dedicated to comments - a feature that's useful only for teams, not for freelancer. I would like to have a cleaner interface: that would be definitely worth a 5 star review!

Alternatives Considered: Notion, Todoist, monday.com and Wrike

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: I needed more customization options

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: It's full equipped with everything I need and the price is very low for a one person team

Arlène V.
Wellness Consultant in Switzerland
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Does ClickUp really replace them all?

5 5 months ago

Pros:

ClickUp brands itself as 'the one app to replace them all'... and I have to say that the platform comes really close to becoming that one online hub one would need to manage projects. There's so much you can do with ClickUp, my favourite features are: – the overall design of its dashboard (on both the web, mobile and computer apps) – the fact that I can track time, as well as goals related to specific projects and tasks – the ability to send and receive emails straight from ClickUp – the fact that I can record my screen like I would in Loom – the automation of tasks and steps – the multitude of views I can use to look at projects and tasks The list is too long for me to write fully here on Capterra but I'm just going to say that ClickUp has been the best, most feature-rich project management tool I have ever used.

Cons:

Having plenty of features is great but it can also be a challenge from a user experience point of view. It can be relatively easy to feel overwhelmed by everything ClickUp brings to the table, which isn't a good thing when looking at different project management tool options trying to find the best one for you. Also, to say that the Chat feature enables you to replace Slack is an overstatement because it isn't as robust as the one you can find in Slack or similar team communication apps. It's nice that's possible to communicate with others through the ClickUp Chat feature – as well as through integrations with Zoom and the likes – but there's still work to do before it gets to the level of Slack.

4 months ago

Hey, Arlene! Thank you so much for your review. It is good to know that our Clip feature is making it easier to share screen recordings and important information with your team. We really appreciate your feedback regarding the Chat feature. I have found a feedback request for a new and updated chat feature and would love for you to vote and comment on it here: https://clickup.canny.io/admin/feedback/feature-requests/p/global-slack-like-chat?boards=feature-requests&search=chat We are always here if you need anything and are so happy to have you as part of the ClickUp family.

Valerie R.
Freelance writer and editor in US
Publishing, 2-10 Employees

Can't run my business without it. I recommend to everyone

5 5 months ago

Comments: The lifeblood of my business. There's no way I could do what I do without it. Because of Click Up, I'll be able to escape cubicle nation soon!

Pros:

So customizable. No matter what system you're used to, Click Up has a view for it, whether it's docs, lists, tables, kaban (looking at you, Trello lovers!) gannet, calendar, or timeline, all in the same package with no extra plug-ins or add ons. The automations are the true magic. It's like a to-do list that makes itself for you!

Cons:

I get mixed up with the different roles. I keep adding people and getting charged. The customer service is awesome and always helps me, but I wish the charts detailing the abilities and costs with different roles was easier to decipher so I'd stop making mistakes. I wish it would give you a warning pop up before adding another seat when you'll be charged additional.

Alternatives Considered: Workona, Trello, Airtable and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Trello views and boards were too confusing and information would get lost, especially behind the cards. Basecamp is a mess. I don't know how anyone can stay organized or find anything in Basecamp.

Switched From: Workona, Basecamp, Trello, Airtable and Asana

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Cost and ease of use, customization, views, automations

4 months ago

Hey Valerie! Thank you so much for this awesome review! I am so glad that our integrations make it so much easier to get everything done in one place. We really appreciate your feedback in regards to the pricing module on our doc website. We do have an amazing FAQ that details what is and is not charged within ClickUp here: https://docs.clickup.com/en/articles/2280598-billing-faq If you need anything, please feel free to reach out here or at [email protected]

Mamdouh M.
Teaching Assistant in Egypt

High-precision automation with multiple tools

5 5 months ago

Comments: It is an easy, simple and inexpensive program compared to other programs and makes it easy to perform many of the multiple and repetitive tasks

Pros:

At first I used Asana, but after I used ClickUp, I had many advantages, including: 1- When I was doing recurring tasks for a client, whether it was daily, weekly, or monthly, he would help me quickly set up the client’s business and tasks. 2- The program has a high degree of automation that I did not find in many other programs such as Asana, Notezilla, Wrike. 3- When I installed it it was helping me not to use a lot of tools which saved me a lot of time. 4- It also helped me keep track of tasks between many different categories and teams because it helps manage everything at once. 5- This program provides free services up to 85% the actual cost of the program

Cons:

Some of the few drawbacks of this program are: 1- Although the degree of automation is high and excellent, but it does not reach 100%, yes there is nothing perfect, but we trust you with a high degree that you reach the highest ideal degree, which is 100%, for example, you facilitate the process of creating the elements and tools that I suffered a lot during I do the tasks because of their complexity. 2- It is preferable to add other export options besides Excel, as well as unifying the dashboard to facilitate importing and merging data from multiple other sources, and providing design and export options with the need for high-precision automation and multiple tools.

Nadav L.
CEO in Israel

Many features and tools, all in one place

5 5 months ago

Comments: I tried many similar tools and I've decided to stick to ClickUp because it's easy to use, has many features and they have a great, very responsive support team.

Pros:

It lets me manage almost everything in one place. I use it for different use cases and it works great with some initial configuration.

Cons:

I think the dashboard module could be much better. Let me import and integrate data from other sources, need more design options, including basic ones like titles.

Alternatives Considered: Asana and monday.com

Switched From: Asana and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Price and features

5 months ago

Hey, Nadav! Thank you so much for this amazing review! We are so happy that you are able to use ClickUp as your one stop shop for productivity. I think being able to import data into dashboards is a wonderful idea. We would love for you to leave this request on our feedback boards: https://clickup.canny.io/admin/feedback/feature-requests/p/allow-external-data-into-dashboards?boards=feature-requests&search=import+data+to+dashboard We hope you continue to enjoy using ClickUp in order to reach your full productive potential. Thank you again for your review.

Founder in US

Great task and project management software

5 6 months ago

Comments: Overall, I love ClickUp and would recommend it to anyone looking to easily manage their tasks and projects.

Pros:

ClickUp is incredibly versatile. My teams use it for managing their departments' repeatable tasks. Having automations set up saves us a lot of time so we do not have to recreate everything from scratch every time we want to make a new task that we've done before on a regular, recurring basis. For example, if you are using ClickUp for client project management, and you have daily, weekly, or monthly tasks to do for that client - ClickUp's automation features let you easily create the tasks with all of their relevant details and data, and make them repeatable.

Cons:

The automations are not 100% perfect. There are some things they are missing- for example, letting you add 'relationships' to items in the automation creation process. Also, sometimes there are glitches where multiple items are created when they shouldn't be. Also - the goals / OKRs are pretty limited.

Alternatives Considered: Asana, Podio, Trello and Freedcamp

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Trello's features were much more limited compared to ClickUp.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: ClickUp was by far the most flexible and best to work for our company's needs. The ability to have several different workspaces for each of our departments, with layouts, workflows, and automations designed specifically unique to those departments, made all the difference.

5 months ago

Hey There! Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a wonderful review! We are so happy you are enjoying using automations to save you time and reach maximum productivity. We really appreciate your feedback regarding wanting relationships as a trigger for automations and for a more developed Goals feature. We have an awesome feedback board on canny and I invite you to add yourself as a voter on our feedback boards. This way, our team can see what changes are desired. Thank you!

David B.
David B.
Director in Australia

Clickups lived up to the promise when Jira couldn't

5 6 months ago

Comments: We use clickups to manage a range of projects across different areas. Software development, bug fixing, SEO and SEO and of course content management on behalf of the clients.

Pros:

Switching from Jira to Clickups was very easy. We were already working in agile manner and the team was across workflows. Clickups just provided a faster easier mechanism to achieve better results.

Cons:

At first it looked like there were way too many options and configurations to Clickups, but after jumping in the ease of use made the complexity disappear.

Alternatives Considered: Asana and Easy Redmine

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Jira is tired and old fashioned. Clickups has a slick UX using modern single page application architecture. They did not have 15+ years of installed base to keep happy along with an application which is still basically fill in the form and submit. As a result Clickups (and I suspect others) have built an application which smashes Jira for performance and UX. It is such a pleasure to be able to drag stuff into lists as you need it, get self calculating columns, where you need them and allow the dev, QA and client delivery team to just get their work done without the clunky UX or performance of an old architected application. Click here and instantly everything updates. Automations are simple and easy to configure without messing around and work as expected straight away. We never get logged out mid step due to some obscure issue they have with their architecture.

Switched From: Jira

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Ease of use and performance.

Olakunle O.
Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Very powerful project management tool for freelancers/small businesses

5 7 months ago

Comments: I've been using ClickUp as a project management tool to help oversee subcontractors and give clients insights into how a project is moving along. There are a ton of cool features to dive into even at the free level. I like the ease of switching between a Kanban-like structure to Gantt or Timeline. And more importantly, I like the hierarchy of organization within a workspace. I can organize by Spaces and within each of them have a folder and within each folder have a project. And I can click on any level of the hierarchy to see any projects and tasks to are included.

Pros:

The number of features at the free level are enough to tackle 90%+ of all common project needs for those looking for a powerful and cost-effective tool

Cons:

Because Click Up also includes features for documents, mind maps, and analytics, it can feel like a lot to manage and understand. I can see some users finding it to be a confusing platform.

Alternatives Considered: Asana, Trello and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: I still use Notion for organizing digital content, but it was not as powerful out-of-the-box as a project manager and harder to control permissions/security

Switched From: Notion

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: There were more features are the free level than these other tools.

7 months ago

Hey, Olakunle! Thank you so much for writing this great review! We are so so excited that you've found our Free Forever Plan was able to handle nearly all of your workload and work management needs at a cost-effective price of... no price! Because it will always be free! We definitely understand the overwhelming feeling of learning about ClickUp's endless features, as it can be a lot! However, we have a bunch of helpful documents and videos that can help with this! Check them out here: https://docs.clickup.com/en/ Thanks again for taking the time to write out this awesome review! :)