• Overall

About Klaviyo

Klaviyo is a growth marketing platform enabling brands to build unlimited high-value relationships through email, mobile, and web.

Learn more about Klaviyo

Tomer D.
Natural health Bag
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2018

"the best email marketing tool"

Comments: great service, great people to work with

Pros: We are using to connect our website subscribers into a series of emails that will lead them to purchase, we also us them for one time personalized campaigns to send emails and to drive more sales to our store

Cons: their emails always going to inbox which is very rare in the industry

• Reviewed on 16/12/2018
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2019

"We love Klaviyo!"

Pros: We moved from Mailchimp to Klaviyo about a year ago and wish we had done it sooner. Segmentation tools are very powerful and email has gone from ~10% of our revenue to over 30%. Email is now a huge growth driver for our business thanks to Klaviyo.

Cons: Out of the box email emplates could be improved - but this is easily overcome.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2019
Ishan S.
Come Founder
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2019

"Gets the job done"

Pros: - Provides several templates for all kinds of emails. - Easy procedures to send email - Emails are responsive ie mobile optimised - Good UI - Option to edit email via HTML makes it more comvenient - The platform has the option of a by default unsubscribe footer of emails.

Cons: - Sometimes the format of the email breaks hence the entire email template has to be made again. This is the only con I encountered.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Toluwanimi O.
Growth marketer
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2021

"Great email marketing tool"

Comments: It was good.

Pros: Klaviyo offers the best email marketing analytics I have seen so far. The feature online best is the live analytics.

Cons: It was difficult to understand at first. You would have to read a lot of documentation before you can understand basic features

• Reviewed on 17/03/2021
Gian angelo D.
Copywriter & Marketing Strategist
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2019

"A Great Tool for Emails and Landing Pages"

Comments: I've been using Klaviyo with many different projects and I can say that it's a good software to use however, you do get the limitations that could have made you extra sales. It doesn't respond well to more complicated designs and customization is a bit limited from what I could tell. However, Klaviyo isn't targeted to those kinds of people. Klaviyo is targeted to people who create email funnels without the difficulty of coding to make your email look great. It has some great functionality however, if you're looking for a tool that can maximize the aesthetics and feel of your emails, look elsewhere.

Pros: It's drag and drop UI makes it very user friendly for those who just need to create a quick email funnel or a landing page for promoting their product. It's straight to the point, loads fairly quick, and gets the job done.

Cons: The drag and drop UI gets a bit clunky if you're looking to create more complex email and landing page designs.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2019
Lynn L.
Designer / Marketing Specialist
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2017

"So much better than MailChimp, thank god."

Pros: The breadth features and intuitive user interface put this miles above MailChimp and other email marketing softwares that I have used as a web designer and a marketing creative. What really makes it stand out

Cons: It's conditionals (the "if/then" type statements used to build filters for email targeting) have always been a little lacking for me; I can never get quite as specific or defined as I'd like. That being said, I certainly haven't seen anyone do it better for a remotely similar price.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2017
Eliel B.
CRO Specialist
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2021

"Simple but effective"

Comments: Quite good, It is very simple to use so anybody with limited email marketing knowledge can use. Would recommend it for small mid-size companies.

Pros: The administrator is super easy to use, its UX is dummy-proof and covers all the basics of email marketing. It allows you to create visual email flows so modifying or transforming ideas into real emails becomes quite dynamic and intuitive.
I also enjoy the fact that you can AB test.

Cons: Some modules are quite limited. The AB testing option is not a real testing tool as it doesn't even explain if they use the Bayesian or frequentist method neither it's easy to compare the KPIs between the variants. It is clear that is an MVP.
Also, the editing options for the pop-ups are limited. You can not insert HTML or CSS freely.

• Reviewed on 09/02/2021
Alex D.
Founder & President
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2017

"Best Fit For Shopify I've Found"

Comments: I'm really happy after making the switch to Klaviyo for my Shopify site and would definitely recommend for anyone in e-commerce. My motto for the year was to simplify everything, and switching to Klaviyo helped me accomplish this and streamline (un-complicate) my email system. There are a couple others out there that have a few more features like CRM, tagging, click triggers within emails, etc, but that isn't always totally necessary. The deep integration Klaviyo has with Shopify is what ultimately made me switch and I'm glad I did. Their help desk is usually quick to respond, and always very helpful too.

Pros: Simple, deep integration with Shopify, quick and helpful support team, their blog is great, and support docs are very good as well.

Cons: Could use a couple more advanced features like tagging, click triggers in-email that trigger tags/segments, more robust CRM.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2017
Michele R.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2021

"Great software"

Comments: Overall, Klaviyo is a great email marketing platform. I do wish they had more modern templates to help out the design process but overall it's really great and love that it integrates seemlessly with most apps.

Pros: Overall we like Klaviyo. We've had a good experience with them and the customer service is always helpful.

Cons: Cons would be how long it takes to contact them via live chat. Sometimes the wait time is a half hour or more.

• Reviewed on 22/04/2021
Senior Brand Designer
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2020

"Email campaigns with ease"

Comments: I'm one of the designers in our company and we use Klaviyo daily. One of our major channels for customer building is through email campaigns. Klaviyo is essential for that, and as a designer, is quite easy to use. Klaviyo is also built for teams. Even if I build a template for my project, another team member can easily access it to adjust on their end.

Pros: I like the ease of use when designing emails in Klaviyo. We use "block" contents to build the email campaigns we send out to existing and potential customers. We design customized elements outside the app and then easily upload them to the service and from there, it as easy as ABC. It is fairly straightforward but is also open to customizable elements; useful for brand builders.

Cons: An area for improvements could be file management. As we build more and more email campaigns (or termed templates) we undoubtedly create a lot of assets to use. Organizing them better can be beneficial for all types of users whether start-ups or full companies.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2020
Jonathan M.
Digital Marketing Specialist
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2017

"Nice for Emailing Lots of People"

Comments: I've been using Klaviyo for a little while now, and it's pretty nice for emailing, especially if you have a decent sized list. It's simple to create templates, and they're almost constantly adding new features to improve the platform. Customer Service is great, too.
I wish the data reporting had an easier way to see custom info from the dashboard, but other than that it's great!

Pros: It's easy and simple to use, they have tons of resources and helpful tips to improve the efficacy of marketing efforts, and have stellar customer service. They are also constantly adding new features that are pretty sweet.

Cons: the reporting options could be a little more user friendly, like being able to set custom date ranges from the dashboard would be really nice to have.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2017
Sean K.
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2016

"Freakin Love Klaviyo"

Comments: I transitioned to klaviyo from another popular email marketing platform for my shopify store and the difference is like night and day.
Klaviyo smashes it!
Benefits:
Klaviyo integrates seamlessly with Shopify.
It has a simple "Getting Started" process that's included and doesn't cost a bucket load of extra money to understand how to use the platform.
It has amazing tracking and analytics that are easy to understand and help you see where you are converting sales and where you need to improve.
The drag and drop editor is awesome and the segmenting rules you can create for email flows is amazing.
It integrates seamlessly with SumoMe.
It basically does everything I need and has shown me things I didn't even know I could do to improve my business.
I Love It!
The only negative, it would be awesome if they had easy access to telephone support or live chat. The support is good via email but I like immediate support and the ability to chat live.

Pros: Mentioned in my review comment

Cons: Mentioned in my review comment

• Reviewed on 17/11/2016
Solutions Architect
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2021

"Klaviyo is a Great Bunch of Folks"

Comments: Klaviyo has proven to be an excellent partner and their customer service is top notch. Some ESPs out there have a tendency to outsource customer service, and I always feel like I have someone to call at Klaviyo.

Pros: There has been a lot of movement in the Email Space and Klaviyo has turned itself into one of the most valuable services out there. The platform is easy while also feature-rich. This is my first recommendation to customers that are of a larger scale but don't have a dedicated email marketing manager.

Cons: The interface for Klaviyo is not as simple as some notable competitors but it comes pretty dang close.

• Reviewed on 23/02/2021
Pressident
Tobacco, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2019

"Quality email marketing"

Pros: I liked the template editor and it's ability to truly customize what users could design. Most of the templates were useable with some modifications.

Cons: We found more than one case where our HTML templates did not line up with the plain-text emails that were being sent by Klaviyo. This may have been because we replicated campaigns but it would be useful if Klaviyo re-ran the plain-text generator every time a new campaign is being sent. We use OpenCart 2 which Klaviyo hasn't offered an integration for (they have an integration for OpenCart v1.x).

• Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Marie G.
Inbound Marketer and Content Developer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2021

"Easy To Create Clean Looking Emails"

Comments: Overall I really like this platform. It has a couple of glitches that will hopefully be ironed out. Otherwise it is easy to use, implement and send clean emails with Klayvio.

Pros: This software has all the basics to create a nice looking email. It also has lots of added widgets that make it easy to integrate with Shopify and send out product emails. Everything is drag and drop and you can save custom templates, which makes it easy for anybody to use. The flow features and custom audience setups are also great. It also has excellent analytics.

Cons: I constantly have issues with my block styles. It's especially frustrating when the block style would register in desktop but not mobile. Obviously double checking emails before hitting send it critical but it adds extra work having to fix the different blocks and leaves more opportunities for human error. Also, when you change styling manually in the code you have to save and refresh to be able to change setting using the regular interface.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2021
Samantha R.
Customer Service Representative
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2020

"Could not recommend Klaviyo enough"

Comments: Overall a 10/10 for Klaviyo. I recommend it to everyone I know who is on the hunt for a similar product and will continue to do so. It’s made a huge positive impact for me.

Pros: This is by far the best email marketing software I’ve ever used. It’s easy to set up and use, very self-explanatory, has every function you could want and is a great value for money compared to competitors.

Cons: Absolutely nothing. I’ve had only great experiences with Klaviyo, both the actual software and their customer support who are top notch.

• Reviewed on 08/05/2020
Digital Marketing Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2019

"BEST EMAIL MARKETING SOFTWARE EVER!!"

Comments: The best email marketing software - ever. It's hands down my favorite- and I've used the whole gammett of email marketing softwares. The ability to customize flows with purchase history, SKU's, behaviors is simple and straightforward. Extremely user friendly software.

Pros: First of all, the customer support is hands down the best customer support ever. They will get down to the nitty gritty and resolve your problems for you, while being patient, helpful and kind. There's also so many softwares this can get integrated into that I love the flexibility of it.

Cons: Honestly, I have absolutely no complaints about this software. The technology is the best for the price point, customer service rocks, and its so user friendly - i have confidence that anyone could learn email marketing automation simply with this platform!

• Reviewed on 08/10/2019
Nishtha M.
Manager, Email Marketing
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2021

"Super effective! Great service"

Comments: I work in an e-commerce company and we deal with 100+ shopify stores on a daily basis. I manage a team of 5 who work on designing emails for these stores and klaviyo is the only platform we use to send our emails. A Very happy and satisfied customer. Super easy to integrate with other apps too!

Pros: It's very user friendly and can be well understood by new users. Very helpful support team! Quick learning videos that really help with self learning.

Cons: I wish they had more options to create a more targeted segment to send emails. Although there is a lot one can play around with but some more can help target customers as per their behavior.

• Reviewed on 24/03/2021
Daniel P.
Head of Marketing
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2019

"Best E-come Email Software"

Pros: Love Klaviyo. I've tried a few different email softwares in the past, including Mailchimp and GetResponse. Both of those softwares were a let down and didn't allow for the customization and integratino that I was looking for. Klaviyo has an AMAZING integration with Shopify. Makes my life so much easier. It also integrates with FB ads, which is a huge plus. Creating flows in Klaviyo is very simple, I have been able to create sophisticated flows with minimal stress and effort.

Cons: The only con I was going to mention was lack of a visual email flow tool, but they added that in the past 6 months, so I'm kind of stumped. It's a great tool. The only bad thing about it may be that it's more expensive, but I find it to be worth the cost.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2019
Matthew D.
Digital Marketing
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2021

"One of the Best ESPs"

Comments: Klaviyo has been my rock when doing email marketing of any kind.

Pros: It's easy to set things up be that your segments, your campaign emails, automation, or follow through with other programs.

Cons: Wouldn't work with Yahoo Small Business. It would also sometimes throw junk HTML into my emails for no reason.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2021
Carlos G.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2019

"Klaviyo"

Comments: Email marketing. It is the best platform for email marketing.

Pros: This is probably the best platform for email marketing I have ever tried. Well, I use it for my online store in order to send twice a week week newsletters to my customers' inboxes. Besides the multiple options that Klaviyo has, which makes it easy to give life to any pattern / combination of emails possibly out there, pricing is really fair, and they count with a free plan as well. Designing is also easy. I have fulfilled all my expectations when it was the time to create emails to be sent to customers. Something that I really like is the local time for delivering emails because sometimes customers have different time zones; if email is supposed to arrive at 9AM, then it would arrive at that time (for customers). Also, I have to mention the extense documentation that Klaviyo has. Customer service is through email, but they always answer back to you in as soon as 2 hours or less.

Cons: They could make pricing a little more advantageous for their clients.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2019
Chris P.
eCommerce Sales Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2020

"Never going back to anything else but Klaviyo"

Pros: The integration with Shopify Stores and the ease of building flows makes this a game changer. Additionally the bulk discount code builder gives Shopify functionality outside of Shopify that makes "one less app" for my store. Finally the native Form Builder in Klaviyo is very easy to use.

Cons: I wish one Klaviyo Account could connect to multiple Shopify Stores, this causes some problems for our operations. Additionally I wish building segments was faster, some advanced segments take very long to build.

• Reviewed on 29/06/2020
Veronica D.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"Best email app ever!"

Comments: I have only been using Klaviyo for 3 months and I only wish I had discovered it before. If you sell online through an e-commerce platform give it a try! You will not regret it!

Pros: I have nothing but good things to say about Klaviyo. It is filled with great features like no other email app I have seen before; it has a very friendly interface that makes email creation a breeze; excellent analytics and a very fair price.
The other huge plus is their amazing customer service! They are on their toes waiting to help you! Superfast, super-efficient!

Cons: I still have not learned to use this app in all its depth, but their triggers and segmentations are amazing. There is nothing not to like in this app.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Kyle P.
Director of Ecommerce
Publishing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2021

"A good, full-featured enterprise ESP solution"

Comments: Overall, the experience has been great. I think they hype some of the buyer indicators and data collection, which is fine but nothing special, but it's a great email platform.

Pros: The IP warming and migration process was very smooth with no hiccups. The Klaviyo team are experts and it shows. We felt confident in their ability to successfully transition ESP platforms. The product itself is quite good and does everything you would expect it to.

Cons: Like all ESPs, it has it's own unique idiosyncrasies. No deal breakers, but some of the functions can be a bit clunky.

• Reviewed on 04/03/2021
Daniel S.
Co Founder, Head of Marketing
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2020

"Better than mailchimp - no question"

Comments: It's been great. I had one experience with customer support where I felt the person wasn't going to pass on valid feedback (open rates of the first email cut by half due to < 2 hour wait with FB sync). But other interactions with support were great and I also was able to connect with their product manager who promised to look into it. I felt they're a young and flexible team. Also laser focused on email and what email marketers need.

Pros: If you want flexibility in segmenting your drips (or flows as they call it) then you need to use Klaviyo. We were using Mailchimp and kept finding areas that made it time consuming, confusing, or just not built to have a flexible drip campaign where contacts receive emails based on rules. For example you can easily create a series of emails that are only sent to contacts that meet a specific criteria and do it all within one drip through a "workflow" like drag and drop builder. You can also sync up to your facebook leads and save money on Zapier which is what you need to use if with Mailchimp.

Cons: While Zapier immediately pulls in leads from Facebook, Klaviyo only syncs every 2 hours. A lead getting a welcome email right away is SUPER important, but this means they don't hear from us for some time and it's negatively impacted our first email open rates -- almost cut it in half.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2020