15 years helping Australian businesses

ADP Workforce Now Reviews

4.4 (6,436) Write a Review!

About ADP Workforce Now

ADP Workforce Now is a human capital management solution for companies with more than 50 employees.

Learn more about ADP Workforce Now

Pros:

Very easy to integrate and manage all employees data and personal information and added to the great cost benefit, I'll recommend this product.

Cons:

The application itself was not easy to understand and was also difficult to simply set up. This may have been a user error but I am fairly tech savvy - so I was disappointed overall.

ADP Workforce Now ratings

4.3
4.2
4.3
4.2

8.2/10

ADP Workforce Now has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 6,436 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ADP Workforce Now before?

Filter reviews (6,436)

Abegail
Abegail
RISK ANALYST in Philippines
Consumer Services, 10,000+ Employees

Adp is one of the best!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Highly recommended if you are looking for payroll database.

Pros:

I been using this in different company. It was really good to see overall database and breakdown of salary.

Cons:

Sometimes there was a delay uploading Tax papers.

Jeffrey
Jeffrey
CEO and Chief Consultant in US
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

Full circle - off at prior company, new company on ADP

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I have been using ADP at all levels for 15 years + at 4-5 companies. I migrated my prior company off of ADP onto a different platform. I left that company as we were migrating/implementing...and the new company is using ADP workforce now. I like the individual attention that the level of support we have, but in the prior companies we were generally stuck in the helpline mess or getting passed between next on call.

Pros:

dependable, but always there. As long as you are not in the general support services line (which is poor) the business level service support is timely.

Cons:

way too complicated. Not pure SaaS and is a mainframe type system.

Jenny
Event specilaist in US
Events Services, 10,000+ Employees

Wow it's awesome

3.0 last month New

Pros:

Well it's good and easy to use and awesome

Cons:

Sometimes it's sliw and gets stuck and sometimes it stops working

Jessica
Administrative Assistant in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

ADP User friendly

Comments: Overall ADP workforce Now has been amazing as for our employees

Pros:

ADP has organize our company in a very good way. my favorite feature is the on boarding. Able to have new hire complete their profile prior to their first day give us less time worried about paperwork and more time getting our new hire into their roll.

Cons:

The least thing I like is the call center. Their are time when i call and unable to get my questions answer right away or sometime cant understand the person i am talking too.

Broadcast Media, 51–200 Employees

Organized Economics Of Scale

5.0 last month New

Comments: In this Age of Enlightenment participatory economic decisions making leads to self actualization

Pros:

Industrialization and automation backed capitalist are resourceful components in critical infrastructure Machine Learning

Cons:

Miniaturization of computational abilities

Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Highly Effective for Tracking Hours & Pay

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Great layout - simple navigation bars/large buttons, mobile friendly!

Cons:

No cons thus far, great tool for payroll tracking

Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Solid time clock system.

5.0 last month New

Comments: I'd happily use it again. I've used it on both sides of the time clock.

Pros:

It was easy to edit mistakes in your time clock.

Cons:

It was fairly expensive for the programs. Better with practice.

Jennifer
Health Outreach in US
Medical Practice, 201–500 Employees

ADP Survey

4.0 last month New

Pros:

I accessibility of use, I have access to paystubs when ever I need them.

Cons:

When requesting PTO, you much deduct you lunch, if you forget your time will no be correct for that week

Resha
Accounting and payroll in US
Accounting, Self Employed

Use it everyday

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It’s part of my job and it’s easy to print reports or export to excel etc it’s pretty good

Cons:

Honestly this program is pretty straightforward not hard to use

Rubi
Administrative in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Simply Payroll

4.0 last month New

Pros:

Easy to use payroll services. Intuitive.

Cons:

It was user-friendly, easy to navigate between menu options.

Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Minimize Admiuistration

Comments: I have been using ADP Workforce Now software program for decades. ADP Workforce Now has significantly reduced my administrative payroll process. ADP Workforce Now does the work for me! It is comforting to know ADP Workforce Now is 100% reliable. I am always confident the payroll process will run effortlessly and efficiently. I highly recommend it!

Pros:

ADP Workforce Now is an excellent software program if you are interested in streamlining your payroll process and making your business run effortlessly, efficiently and eliminate your stress! ADP Workforce Now has been an industry leader for decades. The ADP Workforce Now software is user friendly; the program is self explanatory; and I process employee personal and W4 information in just a few easy steps. I also applaud the implementation team for making the initial transition/conversion process painless. The team was knowledgeable and familial with transferring my previous software program data into ADP Workforce Now with ease. The team knew exactly how transfer my historical data perfectly! Additionally, as a small business owner, I find the legal recommendations invaluable! The legal team is very responsive, knowledgeable, and assists in protecting my business from potential legal consequences.

Cons:

I honestly cannot think of any cons working with ADP Workforce Now software program...It's right on point and meets all my expectations. My experience with ADP Workforce Now has been flawless.

TraeAnn
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Not a good option for smaller companies

Comments: Not great. Customer service is a joke without a dedicated service team, which you can only get by meeting a certain size threshold or paying roughly four times the monthly rate for basic service. They are constantly changing the theme/formatting of the website (at least twice a year), so you have to relearn things often. Six months ago I had a call with them to explore adding the Applicant Tracking and Performance Management modules, and they ended up presenting me with the biggest suite possible without 12 other pieces I didn't need (which was going to increase our annual cost on the system by 3 times, or $40k). When asked to quote me on just the 2 modules I wanted, they literally said "what is your budget? that will help us determine the price." Very backwards approach.

Pros:

Lots of customization in reporting and accesses

Cons:

Very obvious that they acquired many pieces along the way - isn't a seamless product. For example, if you are building a report and search for "pay rate", three different options come up. Several updates (like employee state taxes) require you to make the change in multiple spots instead of changing it once and that cascading to all impacted areas.

Adrian
SVP of Finance in US
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

ADP

Comments: WFN solves our issues for time and attendance tracking with employees in 30 states. It provides all necessary reporting needed to report on payroll spend.

Pros:

Pretty user friendly. Screen layout is easy to follow. Once employees are trained, they usually don't need any follow up.

Cons:

Updates and changes are too frequent. Constant change. The Benefits sections is very hard to manage without support from ADP and working through Open Enrollment is very challenging. The Carrier API feeds are very complex.

Katie
HR in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

ADP Review

Comments: Overall I'm a happy ADP client.

Pros:

What I like most is that everything is there for me in one place- time and attendance, payroll, reviews, contact information. I also like that help or assistance from ADP is a phone call away.

Cons:

I wish the hold time when I call for assistance wasn't so long. I also wish there would be a last contact log for supervisors or admin to write in notes.

Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Necessary for some companies, I'll explain

Comments: If your company is in that awkward stage situation where you either don't have your own payroll or don't have your in-house payroll software, utilizing something like ADP is necessary. It is useful because ADP allows you to either completely outsource, or partially where you maintain your in-house payroll dept., but use their software. You can even cut your own checks or have ADP do it. They are far more robust in their ability to handle complex payroll issues then competitors that are newer to the game. They also have a lot of cross-platform compatibility with things such as third party HRIS and ATS systems that competitors such as Paychex don't. Most HR software will implement ADP integration first because it is so widely used, and may never even offer integration for other software. ADP is basically essential if your company needs this integration ability. However, as a software, it is horrible. It is hardly intuitive, and while you can become a power user based on experience, much like Photoshop or other outdated software with robust features and following, it is a product of necessity and not design. I've attempted using alternatives such as Paychex, but ADP is so entrenched and if you have any level of complexity in your payroll, there just really isn't an alternative that matches it. While alternatives are easier to use and cheaper, they usually do not have the features and support ADP does. As a side note, ADP literally has service techs on standby 24/7.

Pros:

It is feature rich compared to some timekeeping and payroll based software. The level of integration is unsurpassed and your ability to choose how involved ADP is with your outsourcing of payroll is helpful based on the size of your company.

Cons:

Much like a lot of the legacy software that has been around forever cornering the market (think Deltek or Photoshop), ADP is horrible archaic software circa 90s that has never evolved. Often, newer payroll/accounting software is far superior aesthetically and based on how intuitive it is to use. That's because they created their software with modern design and programming methods. Programs like ADP have been around forever and feel like it. They create upgrades, but almost as a consequence of their market-share and size, they can only do moderate changes for fear of creating too many implementation problems with all of their clients.

Samridh
Samridh
Electrical Engineer II in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to Use and Easy to Manage

Pros:

Our company transitioned to ADP 3 years ago and in the past three years I have really grown to like ADP. - Easy to manage my PTO and see balances I can easily log into ADP and see how much balance is left. Previously I had to wait for my paycheck to look at it and keep note of it. Otherwise everything was stored on the SAP system and SAP codes were too hard to remember. I like the online platform a lot better with ADP. Apply for PTO is also a piece of cake. Simply choose the date (calendar is shown on right) and submit the hours. - Notifications ADP is really good about notifying the user if there is any mails waiting in the inbox. Any approvals or disapprovals, documents and announcements on ADP gets sent straight to my work email and it helps me to remember that I should go and check it out. - Everything in one place All my Paychecks, Tax Documents, Health and Dental Benefits, Policies etc are on one spot. They are all properly placed under specific tabs so after some clicking around I was able to easily get to the page I needed too. I also like that I can download my information and documents in a pdf format and store it computer for later access. I no longer have to email HR and ask for my tax document if I lost it or ask what is the health/dental plan i enrolled in. Even enrolling or changing the benefits plan is super easy and it is all done inside the ADP at the beginning of each year.

Cons:

- Outdated look I think ADP could enhance their website a bit more than what it is. I do like their simplicity however more helpful links in the front page would be nice so that I do not have to click through 3 pages to submit a PTO. - More details needed I would prefer each page to have some details on what this page is for and how it can be used. Some sort of front page explanation would be nice. The first few months I emailed my HR every single time to figure out how to do the simplest of things - Update takes time When there is an updated I have notice some delays. Whether it be on my PTO approval or my salary increase. The system updates takes the longest.

Cyndi
sr. global payroll manager in US
Information Services, 501–1,000 Employees

WFN Review

Comments: I have been expanding the functions within WFN - we added time and attendance this year and plan on using other feature to help us grow and scale our payroll. I find as the complexities of our payroll increases, WFN can handle and grow with us.

Pros:

The flexibility it provides. Depending upon the company's complexities - you can use as little or as much as you need from the system. It integrates with other systems too (Workday, etc) to help automate processes.

Cons:

It is a difficult to have multiple payroll runs at the same time. When you are in a public company with stock and regular payroll runs on the same day - the system can do it - but it is not easy to flow between the two payroll runs.

Deborah
Renewables & Environment, 51–200 Employees

ADP Workforce Now -- Payroll, but so much more!!!

Comments: I have used ADP payroll in different companies throughout my Human Resources career. It has gone from a great payroll program to an amazing, easy to use payroll and people management tool that blows the competition away. I cannot imagine running our companies Human Resources Department without it. Over the last year, ADP Workforce Now has updated and improved its entire program. There is online training at your fingertips. Employees can easily manage their individual information by using the many self-service features. The mobile app is easily downloaded from an android or apple phone and allows employees to have access to their payroll information anytime and from almost anywhere. The payroll process is easy to manage and reports are easy to access or create. This allows managers and employees to have accurate information at their fingertips which in turn helps them make decisions based on real-time information. I cannot say enough good things about ADP Workforces Now! Go with the best -- you will be glad you did.

Pros:

The many features if offers. It is easy to use. The support is at your fingertips and if you cannot find the answer, you can pick up the phone and real people are there to help. This is just the beginning of the wonderful software packages amazing features.

Cons:

There are so many features built into the software and it is sometimes difficult to know everything that is available. Also, when you add some new features it seems like there is a lot of add on costs. I think it would be best to be able to pick from a variety of package features up front. Maybe spending more time learning the needs of the company upfront and setting up the software to meet those needs upfront would help keep costs lower.

7 years ago

Deborah - Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product. You have completely captured what we have tried to do, provide an easy to use software program, supported by an excellent Customer Service team, that allows you to get your administrative task done more quickly and spend time on value-add activities in business. I love that you call out our reporting enables you to make real-time decisions for your business. Please let me know if I can ever assist you with anything at all at ADP. [email protected]

Ryan
General Manager in US
Restaurants, 51–200 Employees

Observations

Comments: As a whole it only makes all steps more time consuming and complicated when doing payroll than it was with previous payroll services

Pros:

I'm not the administrator although I check all time cards prior to processing payroll. I like the ease of being able to edit time cards, add lines, remove lines and adjust shift times.

Cons:

What holds me back from giving a higher rating is how frustrating it is to check my employee's time cards. Many front of house employees work multiple positions with different pay rates. When viewing the group time card I'm unable to see what department they are clocked in as. This forces me to bring up the first name on the list, and scroll through each time card individually to make sure they are clocked in to the correct department. This is so incredibly time consuming and frustrating. It takes me hours to simply check time cards if I were to do it all in one at the end of the pay period. This process used to take me no more than 20 minutes when we used Paylocity where departments could be seen under the group time card for each day. The alerts that I get for exceptions are useless for front of house. Any time an employee clocks in under a different department than their home department, I'm alerted. The alerts also don't specify what it is for, only that there are exceptions. What used to take such a short time to complete now takes me well over ten times longer. I also want to be able to immediately pull a report and not have to wait to view it. It isn't uncommon for the site to be slow to load even when connected to high speed internet through a local area connection.

Deborah
Human Resources, 51–200 Employees

Our company has been using ADP Workforce Now since 2014. This is an amazing program!

Comments: Secure, dependable and user friendly payroll processing. A time and attendance system. Reporting functions that allow us to track and report critical information that helps us run a better company. Offsite support and a system that is always rolling out updates and training. This is a great system for the medium to large business. You cannot go wrong with this program.

Pros:

Workforce Now has changed from being a time and attendance and payroll system to a Human Resources tool I cannot do without. I am a one person Human Resources Department and I need a HR system that can streamline and support the many functions I deal with on a daily basis. Workforce Now (WFN) does that and so much more. WFN comes with dozens of preloaded reports that allows me to run employee rosters, payroll reports, attendance reports, cost of labor by hours and earnings. It tracks tax information and General Leader Reports for our accounting department. Employees are able to electronically request time off and get manager approvals emailed to their cell phones or home computers. Managers and supervisors can make notes right in the employees electronic file so there is always a record of items they can use when doing annual reviews or disciplinary action meetings. There is so many options available. Making sure employees get paid properly is critical, but this system and the ADP support team take payroll to a whole new level! ADP has been working diligently to make this system a workhorse in the HR department. The updates keep this system cutting edge, yet user friendly and easy to run. You will not have to worry about having outdated and stale software in a year. There is always something being improved. Just in case something does come up, WFN has a solid support team that you can reach out to for questions and assistance. And they are only a phone call away.

Cons:

What do I like least? I only have a couple of issues, and the pro's far outweigh the concerns, but it seems like the support team is very busy on some Monday's and Tuesday's. When you try to call in for support the wait times can be a little long. I have learned to plan ahead and call early. If you want a least like about the software specifically then that is more difficult to answer. I guess I'd say the learning curve can feel a little intimidating when you first start to using WFN. Help is only a phone call away or a quick look up in the integrated help screens.

7 years ago

Deborah - Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review. We appreciate your time and your business. If I can be of any assistance to you, please feel free to reach out. [email protected]

Monica
Government Administration, 201–500 Employees

For the most part, this is a good product and fairly intuitive.

Comments: I was using a massive system, that was very cumbersome and not flexible at all. ADP streamlined our processes for the most part and has made our jobs in HR and Payroll a little easier.

Pros:

There is a home page that can be customized. This provides the employer a good opportunity to communicate with all employees, considering everyone must go into ADP to enter their time at least twice each month. The portal can be setup in English and Spanish. The system overall is fairly easy to work in and find information. There are a good number of standard reports. ADP offers a lot of training opportunities, support, message boards, etc. at no cost, which is a definite benefit.

Cons:

The home page is a wonderful communication tool; however, customizing it in Portal is very difficult and takes more time than it should to get it to look professional. The setup is fairly restrictive, the 'Undo' button no longer exists after this last upgrade, you can't control the line spacing, for some reason the system removes some spacing between words that were copied and pasted into the Portal, and for the most part, the system seems to do what it wants. The leave-time system has become very cumbersome. Example: An employee is out sick one day in a pay period. The employee enters their work hours, along with their sick time, into the timesheet, then saves and approves their timesheet. The supervisor then goes in and must first approve the sick time, which automatically removes the employee's approval. The employee then must approve their timesheet again before the supervisor can approve the entire timesheet. Another aggravation is the ridiculous number of messages and the requirement to archive the messages. The system even requires confirmation that you want to archive and then it provides a running total of the number that has been archived, or the number of new hires entered, etc. Knowing the number of actions taken or messages archived is unnecessary.

7 years ago

Monica - Thank you for taking the time to review our WFN product. I am sorry you find our customization features and leave-time system underwhelming. I would love to connect with you more about this. Please reach out: [email protected]

Claudia
Primary/Secondary Education, 201–500 Employees

ADP has been the best aspect of my job at times and the most frustrating at other times.

Comments: It does a great job of staying current with all the compliances changes to payroll and HR. I rely on them to get the payroll reporting correct.

Pros:

The webinars and continuous learning opportunities for the user are great. Laws and compliances are changing so quickly that it is hard for someone in the trenches to keep up. They make staying current easy with their Eye on Washington and special webcasts. I like the look and ease of the program. It is easy to navigate and find what you're looking for. The new Pay Cycle is great, but it would be nice to enjoy it a while before they "upgrade" it again. I need time to learn and discover all the ways it can assist me. Customer support has been one area of frustration, but help with the ACA and Time and Attendance has been stellar.

Cons:

Getting answers quickly has been a huge frustration, and not just with customer service although that has been an issue with payroll. It seems to take an unnecessary amount of time to get something new implemented. We took steps to add an HR component for tracking professional development hours for our teachers. Once we signed up, we waited weeks to hear back about implementation. Finally after emailing our rep, I was contacted about training for the addition and found out it was not what we wanted. What we wanted was free and available with the push of a button. ADP has great resources for self-learning and I take advantage of them frequently. But sometimes I have an issue with payroll and need an answer quickly. Now with the designated rep, that doesn't happen. She is rarely available, which I understand, she has many clients and speaking with someone else is perfectly acceptable, but usually I end up having to leave a message. I find myself not wanting to call and having issues unresolved. Sometimes she is not able to resolve the issue completely because it involves a different department.

6 years ago

Hi Claudia - Thank you for your review of Workforce Now. We have made significant changes to our Service model that I would love to connect with you more about. Please reach out to me directly: [email protected]

Brittney
Restaurants, 501–1,000 Employees

The implementation process was very all over the place and the lack of communication is a huge issue

Comments: With the daily issues that arise with the software I can't speak to it being that big of a benefit as of yet. A lot of the issues that I bring to the teams attention I often get the response that "everything is setup correctly, I am not sure what the issue is" it is very frustrating to have spent hours upon hours setting up each individual module to your organizations needs for the features to all of a sudden stop working and none of the representatives are able to give you answers nor follow-up with you regarding a resolution to any of your issues. So at this time I would say the only real benefit I have found thus far is electronic PTO tracking.

Pros:

What I most like about the software is that I am able to house all employee data in one place and the analytics dashboard is extremely helpful when looking at measurable data to base company performance on.

Cons:

What I like least about the software is that all modules are ran on separate platforms. Specifically the ATS and Workforce Now. This makes it very confusing for candidates when having to create two separate credentials when logging in. The software is very glitchy and I find that random features will stop working for a period of time and then randomly come back. The on boarding process when creating activities is not all encompassing causing you to still use paper forms, specifically when it comes to the I-9 and State Tax Form. The ATS module needs some updates in order to be competitive with other ATS softwares. The inability to customize a lot of the fields to your organizations needs can be very frustrating and with the constant software updates the changes are hard to keep up with and you aren't given a choice whether to if you want the new software update features. Specifically speaking, in order to most efficiently hire a candidate after the interview process it would be nice to do this electronically but you need personal information that the system doesn't require. Our ATS was setup requiring that a physical address was entered upon applying then all of a sudden I noticed that candidates weren't supplying this information and to my surprise this feature was taken away causing our organization to now have to find a work around receiving an employees physical address, SS number and date of birth before entering them into the system to be able to send them on-boarding.

meir
EVP
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Excellent Product

Comments: I use the payroll, Time & Attendance and HRB. I have been a client of ADP for 30 years+!! My Mother started with calling in the information to ADP every week! Then I came into the business and we went from manual phone calls to a computerized system. It was called PC Payroll. A great payroll package. Then approx 1 1/4 years ago, we were told that PC Payroll is being discontinued and we made the switch to WFN. We started at Version 2 and we are now, we are at Version 13 - with Version 14 soon to happen. A very happy client.

Pros:

1. I am the admin of the payroll dept. it is my responsibility and i run it weekly. Once I learn how to do the functions, it works very well. 2. Customer support is second to none! Truly excellent! 3. The program does a lot - with many features. Upgrades are starting to be more frequent - which is a good thing. 4. They have support system which is called "The Bridge". all users are connected to it. you can ask a question and it will be answered by another user or even am ADP employee. 5. Wish list: It is very powerful program. There are very many features. Many of them i know and many of them, i don't even know they are there. I wish there was a document available that goes through the whole WFN and lists and describes ALL the features available - whether they are standard or offered only as on option. Just let me know about it!!!

Cons:

During the December and beginning of January, the hold time can be very long. i have been on hold for over 45 minutes. i am really hoping that it will be corrected.

7 years ago

Meir – First and foremost, thank you for being a 30-year partner of ours. I love your story, and hearing the evolution of your relationship with ADP. As a member of ADP’s Client Loyalty team, I am always thrilled to see and hear about our long-term partners. Also, thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed and insightful review of our WFN product and Service. We truly appreciate the time you took to do this. Please reach out to me and we can discuss your wish-list document. I may have something that you can use. [email protected].

Real Estate, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Intuitive for users of all types

Comments: As a leader of a team, I am responsible for approving time cards, PTO requests, time adjustments, etc. and have found that ADP WorkforceNow is an intuitive software that anyone can learn very quickly. The menu is thorough but simple, and functions are placed in a logical workflow. I would highly recommend ADP WorkforceNow as a timekeeping/payroll software due to the easy-to-use software.

Pros:

Intuitive web-based software that I have found easy to use across users of all types. As a manager that approves time cards on a regular basis, I found that it's easy to find what you're looking for. For example, if you want to adjust a time card, simply click on the employee's time card, and go to the appropriate day that you want to adjust the time, and click "add row," "delete row,", etc. OR simply adjust the time as needed in each box - it's as simple as that. I also liked the calendar-based PTO request form - simply click on the date(s) that you want to schedule for PTO, Jury Duty, etc. and it will mostly populate the request form with the date(s) you selected. There's also a variety of reports you can run in which you can select your criteria so provide the right report you need.

Cons:

One con is when you are "acting on behalf" of someone else, the menu looks a little different than your normal dashboard screen, but it's nothing major and you quickly get used to the functions. Also, it can be a little tricky to find out each team members time off scheduled as you have to dig into the menu a little deeper. But as you use the software more, you quickly become accustomed to where to go.