15 years helping Australian businesses

Australia Local product

About Culture Amp

Culture Amp enables leaders, teams, and individuals to set, track, and align OKRs for greater clarity and faster results.

Learn more about Culture Amp

Pros:

As we've been going through rapid growth, we've been sourcing and implementing a variety of new technologies.

Cons:

Leaders want to see a one pager with data cut several different ways.

Culture Amp ratings

4.7
4.6
4.5
4.5

8.8/10

Culture Amp has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 137 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Culture Amp before?

Casey
Casey
Inclusion Manager & Senior People Ops Partner in US
Internet, 201–500 Employees

Culture Amp is an essential tool - I wouldn't be able to do my job as effectively without it.

Pros:

I think the UX/ UI is good, and easy enough to use, but also there's so much under the hood so that it's also a really robust tool. The product improvements have actually been improvements, and I'm excited whenever there's an update. The support team is also fantastic - I've never had a poor experience with the support team, and they are really great ambassadors for the company. The Academy is the secret sauce, in my opinion - in addition to support articles for operations and administering the tool, all of the research and literature around engagement and feedback, written by I/O Psychology experts has helped me simultaneously learn more about best practices, while also providing backup to the methodology when I'm presenting findings to senior stakeholders. Also - everything else Culture Amp does is great: Slack community, meetups, newsletter, etc. that I think they're building really great public culture and brand so... I want to like what they're doing software-wise. I'm well primed to like the tool.

Cons:

Sometimes I wish the admin functionality was a little bit more robust - i.e. our organization structure changes a little bit year-over-year, but in order to map departments to previous years, it's a manual thing that the support team has to do. Or with the new inspiration engine, if it's customizable to the organization, I think it'd be neat to have a big library of actions, and be able to see which questions/ factors they're tied to, so that when you're writing new ones or building that out, you don't have to do it on the individual survey level. But that's a new part of the product, so maybe it'll get there later.

Farming, 201–500 Employees

Worth the money!

Pros:

I love that Culture Amp just makes things so simple for the People team now. They have survey templates readily available so we don't even have to design the surveys anymore. It's very user friendly for employees to take the survey and the reporting is the best part. It really protects anonymity while allowing you to take targeted action.

Cons:

While the Performance features have many of the things you would expect in an OKR software, it's not as strong as their survey module yet. For example, there are opportunities to improve in the features for adding and tracking OKR progress. This is a newer feature for them though so I am hopeful to see where they will be at in a few years from now.

Alternatives Considered: Lattice

Reasons for Switching to Culture Amp: While the features appeared similar across the two platforms, Culture Amp had better pricing and also better accommodation for non-English language users.

Richard
Director of Organizational Impact in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

good concept, a bit of a bumpy ride without a clear view through the windshield

4.0 last month New

Pros:

I believe in Culture Amp's purpose of brining together functionality around employee engagement, goal setting, performance management and improving organizational culture into one comprehensive development zone. From a high level view, it seems to integrate the right components in a reasonably intuitive structure There is ample room for customization.

Cons:

However the features themselves turn out to feel rather clunky and disjointed. Perhaps if you can dedicate a brilliant team of visionaries and administrators to fully realize Culture Amp's potential, this can be overcome in your implementation. But I find the many limitations imposed by our configuration to make the application more frustrating than propulsive. Limitations include inscrutably opaque scheduling functions (first of all an administrator has to manage all the schedules, then the only way to look up when something should occur is to find the group of that functionality (say Performance>Self Assessments>Direct Reports Self-Assessments) then drill down into individual months (say May 2024) to see who is scheduled in that month - and only past and current months can be seen. So effectively you cannot see an annual schedule and you cannot see your own obligations in the same frame that you can see your direct reports' obligations. When completing such functions as performance reviews and self-assessments, there is an arcane methodology for submitting documents for review and sharing them, along with deadlines set by an administrator that close documents for completion or editing, and require adminsitrator interventions to enable sharing. All of these may serve some purpose but they really serve to make it seem hard, sometimes impossible, to do what you're supposed to do. And trying to understand what is working for you or against you to complete these tasks is difiicult. I feel like the developers may have had some brilliant ideas but then let themselves get so bogged down in controlling every detail that they don't see the oppressive cloud hovering over the product. A particular detail that I found very frustrating involved the in-app support features. There are several places you can seek explanations or instructions. Upon doing so, a little bot survey asks about your experience with the help and whether you have any feedback for Culture Amp on your issue. It then asks if Culture Amp can contact you about your feedback. On several occasions I wrote some very detailed observations and suggestions, and actually did hope that I would be able to talk to someone at the company about these. After a few times, I decided to send one of these responses in to the support team at Contact Us to see if I could get any traction. I explained that I had submitted these and similar details to the survey bot. First, the reps several times over tried to steer me into an explanation of why our site administrator, not Culture Amp staff would be the person to talk to about changing our survey questions. When I finally convinced someone familiar with the survey bot that I was not talking about any custom survey of our own, they explained that the survey bot responses are not captured with a link to any individual user who submits respoinses - they are only catured and analyzed in aggregate. I naturally suggested that in that case it might be prudent of them to remove the question about whether Culture Amp can contact us about that response, since they appear to have neither the intention nor the means. They disagreed and the issue sort of dissolved into the overall cloud of opacity under which I use, but don't reallu understand the inner workings of this application.

Nicklas
COO in Germany
Program Development, 11–50 Employees

Product seems to be still in development and customer service takes month to answer questions.

Comments: Very poor. I do not understand the high rating of the product as the tool still seems to be in development and does not justify the given price.

Pros:

We chose cultureAmp because we wanted a tool that could combine the companies Goalsetting strategy and the feedback and performance measurement tools in on. Also Cultureamp provided useful resources during the conceptualization phase.

Cons:

The tool was not what was sold to us. The Goalsetting section in cultureamp was unable for the team as the tables always showed the oldest goals at the top and one needed to manually filter dates to see the currently active goals which meant people were not using it. During the Setup Phase and the conduction of quarterly feedback cycles, many bugs led to us having to find workarounds (e.g. the CEO could not see his feedback as it was only visible for the user's manager, or not being able to share feedback with the recipient directly). We highlighted these topics within the first month of using the tool, however, it took the organization ~8 month to get back to us and only when we stopped paying the bills due to the underperformance.

Alternatives Considered: Small Improvements

Reasons for Choosing Culture Amp: Combining feedback and goalsetting.

Switched From: KENJO

Reasons for Switching to Culture Amp: Combining feedback and goalsetting.

Yitzhak Vini
People Success Generalist in India
Internet, 51–200 Employees

Best tool to measure employee engagement & performance management

Comments: Has been very good, however a bit expensive

Pros:

Ease of use & the analytics of the engagement survey is very good

Cons:

Poor integration with google calendar & inability to send reminders in performance reviews

Alternatives Considered: Lattice and Leapsome

Reasons for Switching to Culture Amp: Because of the reporting ability it had in Engagement module

Gustavo
Sales Development Representative in US
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

First time using, amazing so far

Comments: Overall the tool has been amazing from a user's perspective. I'm excited to continue to use especially now that our organization is asking for our opinions on returning to work in the office.

Pros:

Culture amp is a leader in its space when it comes to employee engagement and I can see why! At this moment our organization is only using culture amp for employee engagement. So far I've noticed that (1) it's easy to get out to your employees (2) the tool is very easy to use (3) it's very appealing and looks really nice (4) Great customer support (5) easy to use for both HR managers and users.

Cons:

I've heard from the HR team that at times it can be difficult to manage the system from the admin side, however, from a user's perspective - the tool has been amazing.

Culture Amp Response

3 years ago

Hi Gustavo, Thank you so much for your feedback and for taking the time to post this review! We're so pleased to hear that Recurly is using Culture Amp for employee engagement and that you're finding the platform easy to use. We would love to make your experience even more amazing, and if there is anything you would recommend us improving, we would love to hear from you! Thanks again for your review. Best, Bailey

Frankline
Frankline
Administrative Supervisor in Kenya
Farming, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Delivering insightful feedback with Culture Amp.

Comments: We've been having a challenge tracking the employee goals and progress, and also updating them respectively which affected their overall evaluation. With Culture Amp, it is now much easier to track the employee performance and give credit where due. It has enabled us to gain valuable insights into employees' experiences, identify areas for improvement, and make data-driven decisions to enhance their company culture and overall performance and productivity. Overall, Culture Amp is an Excellent and easy to integrate software for any organization with intent of improving their employees performances.

Pros:

This is one of the most user friendly software that integrates top quality analytics to gain insights onto the employee performances while ensuring that the user interface is easy to use and is available to employees at all levels in the organization.

Cons:

I feel the 1-on-1s feature should be upgraded in that, it should be able to send an email of responses whenever a direct report or manager updates the conversation or shares a reply. Other than that, Culture Amp is the best.

Development Manager in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Daily dose of Culture Amp is a Game Changer

Comments: Great experience with Culture Amp and would highly recommend to anyone who wants to embed a learning and nurturing environment within their teams and workplaces.

Pros:

The ability to dive into five minutes (or less!) of e-learning on a daily basis has been a game changer and definitely shifted my thinking and approach to a number of management tasks. I've taken lots of notes and will be referring back to Culture Amps simple but effective tools in future projects and with new teams.

Cons:

Nothing - it's all good from the look and feel to the execution.

Pam
Senior Media Planner in South Africa
Marketing & Advertising, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Training Plans

Pros:

I find the daily training manageable and very impactful. I am currently doing Essential Productivity Skills and I have tried many of the teachings and they really do work for me. I am easily distracted and working with these tools offered has helped me to stay more focused.

Cons:

I have not really come across anything I don't like, sometimes I want to do more on a day,, but I get the part of taking it in and practise practise practise...

Richard
Payment support specialist in UK
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

All things in one place

Comments: I have liked it from the start, auto save is great, love the lay out, makes doing mid and end of year reviews easier

Pros:

Easy of use. Feedback is easy rto send and receive. A place to distil your years work

Cons:

check in scales for 1-1 meeting. I see the point but a bit much for my taste

Jenny
Engagement Leader in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Culture Amp provides insights that move the culture needle

Comments: Insight into our culture, the specific experiences of our people, a view of our managers and people (strengths/areas for improvement), an easy-to-use exit process that allows us to compare results and view trends.

Pros:

Two years ago when we were looking for an engagement survey tool, I came across Culture Amp in a StartUP HR forum. It was recommended over and over by different people at different companies so I looked into it, along with a number of other solutions. Culture Amp came out on top in every comparison I did for its features, ease-of-use, domain expertise, and pricing. After we launched our first survey and shared results with our leadership team, I knew we had made the right choice. The tool is easy-to-use as an administrator and elegant/simple for end users. There are useful new features being added regularly, and every product improvement or new offering comes with strong communications backed by good science/thought leadership, and clearly having taken customer feedback into consideration. We now use Culture Amp for: -Engagement surveys -Manager 180 surveys/feedback -Individual 360s -Exit Processes (and I expect this list to continue to grow) The customer service is excellent with a responsive team that talks to me like a real person. We have great conversations, they get me the answers I seek, and they always appreciate my input about how to make the offerings even better. Our leaders and employees find value in the tool, and as an HR team, our ability to deliver insightful results to individuals and teams makes us highly impactful to our company as we all work to continue to build our great culture.

Cons:

I find myself going to Culture Amp to do everything and everything it does not do, nor should it. I like it so much, however, that other options pale in comparison. For instance, we are developing a new performance feedback process - not a 360, not a survey, and I'd love to use Culture Amp for that purpose but it's not set up for that, especially because it isn't integrated with our HRIS. Each time we do a new, global survey, I need to upload our data to Culture Amp. It's not a bad process, but I'd love a more seamless option (it may be a limit of our HRIS vs. Culture Amp).

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

A great (but limited) tool for employee engagement

Comments: If you are looking for a no frills service for engagement survey, culture amp is fantastic!

Pros:

We utilized this tool specifically for shipping out employee engagement surveys, and found it to be best in class for this service. Though we ultimately switched to Lattice, the engagement surveys and the features we had with the surveys were incredible. We were able to map questions so we never lost data when we developed a new question or adapted one that didn't have a perfect match in their system.

Cons:

We switched to lattice ultimately as we wanted a tool with more functionality. We use lattice for engagement surveys, career mapping, performance reviews, and managing career growth.

Alternatives Considered: Lattice

Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Honest review of Culture Amp

Comments: Overall Culture Amp is a good employee engagement software that can help you manage employee engagement and increase employee retention. It helps in performance management and employee development from a single platform.

Pros:

Few things I like most in Culture Amp Its easy to use. It allows you to take one on one meetings. Its few features like individual development plans, surveys & feedback , and self assessment features helps to improve culture of company and increase employee retention. One more think I like about culture Amp is , it allows to customise the surveys on the basis of requirements.

Cons:

Few things I like least about the software is- Lack of reporting options. And the price of Culture Amp is relatively high. It should add more features in HR analytics.

Aurelie
Head - Human Capital in Mauritius
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

2022 Culture Amp Review

Pros:

it can be integrated with my HRMS It offers lots of templates

Cons:

They do not have probation reviews it can be somewhat difficult to extract results, but once you graps it it becomes very user friendly

Frances
Receptionist. Office Assistant in US
Government Relations, 201–500 Employees

Very helpful

Comments: If helps with which direction I am going in and help navigate overall questions and experiences.

Pros:

Assist with answering questions, gives ideas about how to make the most out of making my job more informative

Cons:

Some questions did not pertain to my specific employment

Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Culture Amp Review

Comments: A good platform for managing HR and conducting surveys.

Pros:

The use of Culture Amp makes it much easier to conduct various questionnaires among employees, and it also helps in controlling performance and managing development.

Cons:

The data analysis feature needs to be developed, adding new features will raise the efficiency of the platform.

Susanna
People Operations Coordinator in US

Insightful, aesthetically-pleasing tool that makes engagement surveys easy to conduct and review

Comments: It's an essential tool to keep a pulse on employee engagement. We've used this tool to identify the pain points our company experiences, and it helps put certain needs in higher priority to our leaders. Because of this tool, we have been able to show common themes in strengths and weaknesses our company has experienced throughout my tenure here, and action plans have been developed because of these survey results.

Pros:

The ability to customize and personalize your company's engagement surveys, and the variety of statistics and demographics the results can be filtered by. It lets you easily pinpoint the strengths and growth areas in each demographic for department leaders to review. The feature that allows you to benchmark your results vs. companies like yours is very helpful to see where your company's results stand.

Cons:

I like that we can compare an engagement survey's results to a previous one's, but I'd like to see a path over time. We've had over 4 engagement surveys so far, and I'd like to see how responses to questions have changed over time.

Hariprasad
Global Group Director in US
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Drives employee engagement within a global setting.!

Pros:

Culture Amp makes it easy to set up performance management and employee engagement activities. The ease of use is fantastic. A good survey platform for a fraction of the price

Cons:

Reporting needs some improvement! What to make from the data- Seems a bit confusing!

Patrick
People & Culture Manager in Australia
Sports, 51–200 Employees

Culture Amp Review - Employee Engagement

Comments: Along with the above comments the customer support was great in terms of quality and timeliness.

Pros:

DATA! Having used Survey Monkey in the past it was great the amount of quality data that was produced and the ability to cut it across differing demographics to id any particular focus areas. Ability to benchmark. Not just getting results buy highlighting key areas to focus on in terms of Action Plans We are now building a strong history to ensure we keep focus.

Cons:

I struggled from time to time with the tech but that is more about me!

Vasudha
Human Resources Assistant in France
Broadcast Media, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Improving EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE Products

Comments: We can check the engagement of employees, the feedback culture is developed in the organisation

Pros:

I love the Customer support, you stuck in something, send a message and the obstacle is cleared

Cons:

There are some modules which I don't think are that important like 1:1. Because people should have the freedom to have their meetings setup

Gbenga
Field Operations Specialist in Nigeria
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Gbenga - Culture Amp Review

Pros:

Goal settings management and Feedback generation

Cons:

Check-ins features, Link goals to goals, check for other colleagues profile and organigram.

Sean
Head of People and Talent in UK
Facilities Services, 201–500 Employees

Great Tool - Fast and Useful Feedback

Comments: The power of the tool is the flexibility and opportunity to really understand what is happening with our people and how we can make our office an even better place to work.

Pros:

Ease of use and flexibility

Nicolette
Cash Application Team (RCM) in US
Mental Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Culture Amp

Comments: Pretty easy to access and very self-explanatory. I am never lost, everything you need is easily accessible in my opinion.

Pros:

I find the onboard, employee training very important and informative. I also Find it to be easy when rating a new Employee hire Canidate. It's easy to review the feedback of other Team members and make the process easy.

Cons:

Its Easy for the most part....I have not had any issues.

Reem
Creative Head in US
Real Estate, 501–1,000 Employees

Culture Amp works and is easy to use

Comments: Love the ability to have all the reviews over the years in one location

Pros:

Its accessible and easy to use for reviewing and tracking employee goals.

Cons:

sometimes its hard to find specific individual feedback pages

Elizabeth
Sr. Practice Transformation Specialist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

How Culture Amp assists me with providing and reviewing real time feedback.

Pros:

I appreciate the topic areas are not repetitive. I can review previous goal setting.

Cons:

The topics are vague. I would like topics to be more specific to my job functions.