• Overall
    4.4/5

About FreeBusy

Online scheduling assistant to coordinate meetings faster with contacts inside and outside your company. Works with all calendars.

Learn more about FreeBusy

Paul S.
User Experience, Usability, Strategy and Operations
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017

"Great service, customers are wow'd by the functionality"

Comments: Takes a ton of time away from the process of scheduling a meeting. For someone to be able to click a link and pick a time that works for them saves tons of back-and-forth negotiating a meeting time.

Pros: My favorite feature is I can link all of my calendars and it's able to find time slots for my customers to set meetings--incorporating personal, business, and other calendars. It's easy to use. You can add the ability to use a calendar to block out time so you don't have to access a special interface to do this (a lot of time I'm blocking out time with my phone). It doesn't get in my way at all, which is a huge win because a lot of these types of services cause lots of problems. Once you set it up, you don't need to constantly administer Freebusy.

Cons: Some confusing interface interactions. When you log in from one of their emailed links to confirm an email, the workflow is a bit confusing to me.

Manager of Customer Success
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/01/2020

"Basic Calendaring"

Comments: It solved an issue with calendaring with customers - the time consuming task of the back and forth to schedule. Put the customer at the wheel with scheduling when it works for them. It integrates with meetin tools (such as RingCentral) thus creating/populating the meeting bridge information seamlessly.

Pros: I like the ability to create teams of people - we want to show availability of more than one person and only allow selection of an appt time if all people are available. It make it easier to put the scheduling in the customers hands than the back and forth and checking multiple calendars.

Cons: Unless you set up more than one calendar link, you can't specify an agenda for meetings. Or have an option to allow the customer to select preset agendas.

• Reviewed on 04/01/2020
Senior Consultant, Career Management
Management Consulting, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2017

"Convenient and customizable "

Comments: Much easier to schedule a meeting where its the other party's responsibility to select a time versus me offer several options

Pros: Easy to use and share link with others outside my organization-- Like how it sends both of us an email, then puts the event right on my calendar. Much easier than back and forth in em email

Cons: People receiving link can get easily confused when FB asks them to link their own calendar. Then, they can't figure out what they're looking at or why it appears I'm not available, when I am.
Users would like ability to cancel and reschedule a meeting within free busy

John R.
Vice President, Sales
Internet, 13-50 Employees

"Very helpful."

Pros: Convenience to allow others to schedule my time. Very flexible and works well with multiple calendars.

Cons: Still has minor kinks to work out. Could do much more with IOS so you can enjoy the functionality on all devices.

Patrick C.
Sales Operations Manager
Events Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017

"I could not do my job without this!"

Comments: The ease of setting up meetings is something you cannot do without once you start using it.

Pros: I was first introduced to this through a co-worker, and it has become such a staple of my day to day work life I would not know what to do without it. It's in my signature line and every email I send

Cons: I wish it would have an API with GoToMeeting since the only downside is having to update the call in information each time I set up a meeting

Teacher
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2019

"Easy meeting scheduler."

Comments: Freebusy is a simple and powerful system which needs a little configuration and you are done. Shared my link and saw listed meetings popping up on my dashboard very nice.

Pros: I shared the link with the client and my client able to create a meeting without my supervision, nice. It is really simple and doesn't need any type of registration on the client side, very useful.
It is relatively simple to set up for the first time. I just shared the link with the client and they are able to make their own appointment if not I can do for them.
Rescheduling is also very easy. There also an option to cancel the schedule.
All the basic features of a scheduler are present and very much easy and usable.

Cons: All the web conferencing services are revised for the premium user, which is not that of an issue for me. But having one free web conferencing will better for my business.

• Reviewed on 31/05/2019
Photographer
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"A useful and sleek tool for appointment scheduling."

Comments: I have used some appointment scheduling software and this is one of the simples to use. Basic UI and very comfortable workflow.

Pros: I like the simplicity of this application, it is very fast and easy for the customer to make an appointment.
Integration with google account and google calendar is really important so I don't have to install another test app on my phone.
It just gets the image from my Gmail account and shows on the registration form which is really good as I don't have to upload it.
Creating a meeting on behalf of a client is also very simple, just add my email address and fill some basic info and all is done, very simple.

Cons: I can not update the URL which my client use and uses my email as an endpoint. I am not very confident to share with unknown people.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Thomas D.
Vice President of Customer Service
Events Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017

"it is easy, saves me hours"

Pros: The setup was super easy, I was able to configure everything as I desired without paying, the payment was for a quality service

Cons: I would like this software to integrate tighter with gmail. I want the interfaces to become one. ..

Link P.
Founding Member
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2017

"FreeBusy integrates seamlessly with all my calendars"

Comments: It makes scheduling appointments a lot more convenient for everyone involved.

Pros: I love that it works with my ownCloud instance, unlike many other services. That was a critical deciding factor.

Cons: Embedding in an iframe on my website stopped working. While it disrupts the seamless use experience, it's not a showstopper for me.

Photographer
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2019

"Online scheduling and simple workflow."

Comments: I am very impressed with freebusy.

Pros: I need powerful online scheduling for my company and found freebusy. This is simple to set up and the template helps me to get online very fast. It really doesn't need any customisation, just plug and play. I just send my partner and him able to create a test schedule and it workes out of the box.
Creating an appointment on behalf of a client who can't use their smartphone is a really big plus point.
I can customize my page with my logo and backgrounds which is a personal touch.

Cons: The programmer work flawlessly. Nothing to dislike sorry.

• Reviewed on 30/05/2019
Cayleen H.
Project Manager, Recruiting Operations
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017

"I've been utilizing Freebusy as a scheduling tool for recruiter phone screens."

Comments: Time savings.

Pros: I LOVE THE TIME I GET BACK! It's incredible how much time I've saved by simply creating a link and providing it to candidates for them to self-schedule phone screens with me. The amount of time spent back and forth trying to nail down a time that works for both of us, they have immediate access to my availability (at my discretion) for them to book a time that works for the both of us. I can't speak more highly about it. I've only recently learned about the group scheduling functionality between enterprises which is even more exciting from an intra-company scheduling perspective. I highly recommend it to anyone trying to get their time back from the administrative task of scheduling coordination to do what you do best. In this case, sourcing and recruiting awesome talent. Excited to learn more about the scheduling functionality for large multi-part, multi-interviewer, in person interviews.

Oliv R.
Recruitment consultant
Staffing & Recruiting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2017

"fantastic, so easy to use. a life changer"

Comments: no more back and forth in organizing my interviews

Pros: the integration with many providers (including Zoho which is very rare a,d Exchange also. And not only with Outlook 365)

Cons: The fact it is not in another language, only English. And for visitors, having the opportunity to display it in another language

Brad A.
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017

"Love the product, has saved me countless hours. Can't say enough. "

Comments: Major time saver.

Pros: Ease of use, time savings booking meetings. I'm launching a startup and using it to arrange waves of meetings with advisors, mentors, potential clients , and people I am interviewing for positions.

Cons: Often recipients seem to miss the confirmation email and never accept the meeting. I'm not quite sure if the subject heading is done in such a way people think it's spam, not certain. Perhaps there is a way to bring more clear that a) they'll receive an invite once accepted, b) enable the user to add a message that will be sent separately to the organizer. Whenever anyone proposes a date and time they almost always end up sending me another message that they've sent it. Not certain if they that will stop them or not not tho .c) let them know what the invite will look like in their mailbox. Ie subject and from address. Also,
Some People have told me they have accepted invites but it doesn't show as accepted in my Google calendar.

Austin B.
Inside Sales Manager | Realtor
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017

"Very pleased with functionality of the app!"

Pros: Ease of scheduling events for our busy real estate office. It allows us to inform prospects of our meetings as well as our staff.

Cons: Sometimes the events will say for an cyber meeting when we clearly input details of an in-person meeting, but we generally follow up with our prospects to inform them that it is still in-person.

Scott T.
Partner
Executive Office, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017

"Great tool with a very unique feature"

Comments: Fast and easy scheduleding.

Pros: The protected availability option is only available in freebusy- I compared dozens of options. This is a critical feature.

Cons: Have many corporate clients say that they cannot Access this from their firewall where they can reach similar services.

Owner, Operator, Administrator, Janitor
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017

"Excellent bit of software. Saves tons of time."

Comments: Saves time. Avoids confusion over when a meeting is.

Pros: Set it and forget it. Versatile digital scheduling assistant. Updated frequently; good support. Workflow has been very thoroughly thought out and designed. The ability to put into one free-busy feed calendars from different services (Google, Apple, Microsoft) is nothing short of amazing.

Cons: Group scheduling with a bunch of people not in your organization is slightly better than just doing it old-school by email, but this is a somewhat new feature for FreeBusy and I have all confidence that the developers will fine-tune and improve it.

Corporate Recruiter
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2017

"It was an ok piece of software. Not different than others."

Pros: Ease of use. I felt that the interaction was placed in the right spot next to the areas in the calendar where I needed them. I saw that there were times available ready for to work with.

Cons: Lack of features and automation. I would have really appreciated that the system was more automated. It was hard getting to a known answer through the software.

Stephen W.
VP, Operations
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2017

"Easily integrates with my Google calendar making scheduling meetings with clients easy."

Pros: It integrates with my Google Calendar, which allows me to provide customers with a link for them to schedule a meeting based on my calendar availability. My clients remember the link and schedule meetings using it whenever they need to meet.

Cons: It occasionally logs me out and I need to log in and grant the software access to my calendar again.

Jessica L.
Administrator
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017

"Love it Partners love it"

Pros: Ease of use! No going back and forth trying to schedule an appointment. The partners love it and want to try it themselves

Cons: Can't send a group the link to have a group meeting where they collectively choose a time. Would like to do the same thing to try to have multiple people set up one meeting.

Stefano E.
Recruitment Consultant
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017

"Love the product. Makes scheduling sooo much easier."

Comments: Easy to setup meetings with people. Saves a lot of time.

Pros: Easy to use and to setup. Love how easy it is for people to schedule a call or meeting on my calendar.

Cons: Needs a phone application that makes it easy for me to manage everything, besides that there is nothing I can really think about not liking.

Ralph O.
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2017

"I find Freebusy a great boost to my effiency."

Pros: Setting meetings, allowing others to set meetings with me s a great time saver. I also set meetings and review my calendar using Alexa

Cons: Sometimes I cannot connect with The freebusy server. I ask Alexa to connect but I am told it took too long to connect with my calendar

Chris R.
Co-Founder
Internet
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017

"Best option on the market today, well-designed to do exactly what it should"

Comments: Ease of scheduling with clients, connections, friends

Pros: Accommodates scheduling complexities of having multiple calendars. No other service (and I've tried many) handles this without very painful workarounds, and this takes it up a notch with easy URL-based calendar switches.

Cons: Some of the UX is a bit over-complicated, but I understand there are various competing needs and they're trying to thread the needle. My calendaring experience has been largely impeccable, though I have had business partners with issues of occasional double-scheduling (though again not sure where the fault lies).

Cesar a S.
Analista
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2018

"Fix meetings of any kind through your favorite email account"

Comments: Excellent tool to manage your time.

Pros: I can link the information of my G Suite or my Outlook direct to Freebusy, and through the app I can manage all the detail of my calendar and the app specific me when I can set a meeting, the kind of meeting and who is going to meeting with, for that the most importan thing of this app is the possibility be linked to your email account.

Cons: It the beginning is a little difficult to get used to use it, because you have to manage your calendar with big detail and precision, but once you have, the app helps a lot to manage your time.

• Reviewed on 05/04/2018
Erin S.
Assistant Prof.
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2017

"Easily schedule and conduct meetings"

Pros: Ease of accepting meetings, ease of updating and changing meetings, easy of integration with outlook

Cons: Difficulty in adding availability, non-compatibility with certain mobile platforms, settings have to be reviewed regularly

Senior Information Security Instructor
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2017

"This is great software and makes my days much easier."

Comments: More efficient scheduling. The link to the video meeting was in HTML before and now it is in clear text. I love it!

Pros: My peers are amazed at the ease of use. Often people are surprised that scheduling is complete with just one step.