• Overall
    4.1 /5
    3.9 /5

About GetResponse

Simply the best, GetResponse Email Marketing is made to help you gain more leads and more sales with less stress, more success!

Learn more about GetResponse

Marketing Specialist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2020

"THE SERVICE IS SIMPLY UNRELIABLE"

Comments: 5. Landing pages don't work on Internet Explorer and it takes 3 to 5 seconds to load them on Google Chrome (for one second you can see a landing page with original ugly fonts which is one of the software bugs I guess) 6. During our first meeting I specifically asked [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] if customization is available for registration pages. She said yes. Later we found out that we can only use GetResponse registration form and cannot add custom fields to it. It was very important for us since we hoped to acquire more information about our attendees and use our own branding. She gave us misleading information. We had to create registration form by using landing pages which significantly reduced automation of the webinar (we had to set up reminders and thank you pages by ourselves) and eliminated calendar reminders for our webinars which significantly reduced our attendance rate. 7. There is a limit of 3 speakers. 8. You cannot prepare webinar room in advance. Each time during rehearsals we had to upload all materials (PPT, videos, polls etc.) 1 hour before the webinar which was quite inconvenient. 9. Our colleagues from China couldn't enter the webinar room, load the pages or had terrible connection during the webinar.

Pros: Nice e-mail marketing tools and wide choice of templates.

Cons: We purchased MAX account for 3 months. 1. During our first meeting sales representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] "forgot" to mention that the minimum contract period is 3 months not 1 month as we initially planned to use MAX account for only 1 month. She dropped this information on us during our second meeting and we had to go with 3-months contract because of the schedule. 2. After we signed the contract, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] never ever again responded to my e-mails (I sent her multiple e-mails with important questions regarding the payment conditions). 3. We signed the contract in the end of August and informed our Account manager that the payment will be made within 2 to 3 weeks (which is a standard amount of time for large organizations). We hoped to start working on the platform immediately but our Account manager didn't want to move to the next step without seeing the receipt. The response time from him was 2 to 3 days despite on the fact that we are in the same time zone and some features were unavailable to us until the payment was made. We end up paying for 3 weeks (end of August - mid of September) during which we couldn't even use the platform at its full potential. 4. Be ready that Getresponse (Clickmeeting) webinars simply won't work on multiple browsers including Internet Explorer, Edge and some Chinese browsers. Our attendees also had connection problems when using iOS Safari browsers and Firefox. (By the way System Requirements on their website state completely different information)

by GetResponse on 07/12/2020

Hi there. I do apologize that you had these experiences with GetResponse. If you would like me to look into this further for you, please email me at [email protected] -Taylor

• Reviewed on 23/10/2020
Nick R.
vp
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"This software is not bad."

Comments: Besides the server issue, the software is very useful. The training is also excellent to help improve your marketing.

Pros: It gives you great templates and products. The analytics are very helpful for tracking your results.

Cons: Using for email marketing, we had issues with our open rates getting reduced by 50% or more without change in our usage. After numerous communication with the company, we found out they moved us to a "bad" server/IP address which triggered the recipient inbox spam filters. After several months, the problem was resolved with open rates bouncing back up. They denied being the cause but we have the proof.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Aris G.
Web Developer
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2021

"GetResponse is the leader for Email Marketing"

Comments: We are mostly using GetResponse as an email marketing platform, email automation software and autoresponder. We are using less time with emails and focus on our products and services.

Pros: We are taking advantage of the embedded Facebook Ads feature where we can manage our campaigns within GetResponse and merge our statistics and metrics. Their prices are very friendly and you definitely can afford the suggested plans. The email automation workflow is priceless, you can visually design each step of your campaign. They also have ready templates for funnels, email marketing and an app called Social Ads Creator that helps you generate material for social media ads.

Cons: The editor is breaking some changes on the content when switching from Mobile to Desktop or vice versa. If I change some content so that it can fit on the proper screen it changes the content on Desktop too, breaking some of the content totally. The best approach we came up is design the Mobile view first and then proceed to the Desktop view.

by GetResponse on 23/01/2021

Hi Aris! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a thorough review of GetResponse. We greatly appreciate! -Taylor

• Reviewed on 11/01/2021
Wojciech O.
Marketing Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"Best email marketing service - I tried a lot of them"

Comments: GetResponse is a tool I was looking for since I started to working at email marketing. I tried few of most popular email marketing platforms and at the end of a day GetResponse is the best of them.

Pros: Really fast and helpful helpdesk. Easy to use. New users will get familiar with the software in just hours. Great pricing table. Friendly marketing automation interface.

Cons: Occasionally problems with stability of platform (PHP errors). Enterprise Account Customer Support is changing a little too often.

by GetResponse on 07/12/2020

Hi Wojciech! Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that the help desk has been quick and helpful. -Taylor

• Reviewed on 26/03/2020
Anuj K.
Sr Digital Marketing Expert
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2020

"GetResponse Best Email Marketing Software To Target Business Leeds"

Comments: We are working in digital agency and we have lot of projects of digital promotion and leads generation. We Work for client separately and have to create multiple email campaign for business leads using fresh email data. GetResponse is best software for email marketing. We can create campaign and create list easily. It provide advance option to design page template and send emails directly to customer. All templates in GetResponse are mobile friendly. Overall GetResponse is good solution for business sales.

Pros: GetResponse is perfect solution to grow your business customer. We can easily increase business sales for our clients projects. GetResponse gives advance option to set multiple email campaign and targeted to bulk users directly. We can import and export emails list in our campaign easily. We can select multiple email template and customize email template by drag and drop option. Server of GetResponse is very fast and secure to send emails. We can easily track all emails and check response easily.

Cons: No problem face during use of GetResponse for our client business. It's useful to grow business by targeting customers in multiple countries.

by GetResponse on 27/08/2020

Hi Anuj, we're thrilled to see that you've had such a positive experience with GetResponse. We love helping you and your customers reach your marketing goals! We'd love to learn more about the results you've been achieving with us. If you'd be interested in sharing them, please contact us at [email protected], so we can showcase your company in our communication. Thanks! - Maria

• Reviewed on 22/08/2020
Elizabeth B.
Digital Marketer
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"Basic features but good value"

Comments: For basic email servuces, GetResponse is helpful and get make reaching out to customers/ clients helpful. If you have a small budget and are limited on design skill, it would be a good option for you.

Pros: GetResponse offers a good amount of features for what you pay. Landing pages and email marketing are easy to use and design. Segmenting contacts and the use of sign up sheets really helps keep things organized as well as automatic emails for sign ups. For small businesses or independent creatives, GetReponse would offer good value for your budget. There is a bit of a learning curve but is easy once you get the hang of it.

Cons: I wish GetResponse would offer more elements for both email and landing page designs for more flexibility in design. It sometimes will take longer amounts of time to implement a design I want due to having to play around with different features and sizes to get the look I want. More templates would be helpful as well.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Kevin M.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2019

"Good feature set for the price, but clunky to use"

Pros: Here are the four things I like most about GetResponse: (1) They are cheaper than competitors with a similar feature set. (2) They have a nice interface for searching subscribers. (3) Their live chat operators respond usually within seconds, and live chat is available 24/7. (4) The stats throughout the application update in nearly real-time as people open and click emails.

Cons: I have three main complaints about GetResponse: (1) Most tasks take too many screens and too many clicks to accomplish. The interface could definitely be simpler. (2) The form templates and email templates are cheesy. They are missing simple, well-designed templates. (3) The double opt-in "click to confirm" emails are too slow to arrive. This hurts list growth.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2019
Allison S.
Marketing Executive
1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2018

"GetResponse, emails at the right time."

Comments: It has benefited me in such a way that I have been able to establish a better correspondence in each email sent, this way I have been attending each client better and sending the necessary information, in the correct time.

Pros: The great thing about GetResponse is the fast reception of Emails to all the subscribers to whom each email is sent, the truth is that the reception is processed in a matter of seconds each client has the email in his Email, the truth is that I am very proud of So good features that I've been getting from GetResponse.

Cons: The problem of GetResponse is basically the support, I sent a couple of questions a while ago, about 3 months, and the customer service is not so pleasant, because if you do not understand what they are trying to say, you They respond with rudeness and even treat you badly.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2018
Abhi A.
CEO & Co_founder
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2019

"A must have tool for small business owners and internet marketer."

Comments: One should give it a try, as compared to other email marketing tool at this price, one should definitely check getresponse. They even have a 30 day trial .

Pros: - The one thing that I liked most about Getresponse is its ease of use, I've been using other email marketing tool but getresponse is the best one at a decent price point. - They have excellent customer service, I needed help in my integration with email autoresponder and helped me, really fast. - Autoresponder feature is great with high deliverity, the one thing I liked most about gestreponse is the UI in Autoresponder , you can easily create a flow for sending email sequence.

Cons: There is nothing that I can say I didn't like about it.

• Reviewed on 14/03/2019
Online Learning Designer
E-Learning, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2019

"Not fantastic"

Comments: I wouldn't recommend getresponse to individuals and small business owners that need to keep their options open and want an easy to use system that causes little day to day 'friction'.

Pros: The online chat is great - if you live in Aus usually no one's available through online chat, but they always seemed to be. Connecting with Shopify was an easier process than I thought it would be, which was good.

Cons: I just wanted to lay out a few things that I wish I had known when I signed up to get response - hopefully things that getresponse will improve in future. The biggest pain point for me is the email creator. It's REALLY clunky in comparison to other drag and drop tools. If you want to be able to create basic emails, it's a struggle to make sure that things appear correctly. The mobile preview isn't how the email actually appears on your mobile. The 'email provider preview' doesn't seem to load. There's no 'word wrap' for the HTML editor, so all of your code kind of runs into each other, making it difficult to customise the coding. If you copy and paste in coding - from my experience, it doesn't seem to accept it. Also if you edit the HTML preview there's a good chance you then won't be able to use the drag and drop editor. If you sign up using a free trial, they might charge you for a full purchase. I signed up to what I thought was a free trial and ended up paying for a year. I wouldn't mind so much if their drag and drop email editor was easy to use. They don't offer refunds, so be careful before you sign up to the service.

• Reviewed on 26/05/2019
Maria N.
Customer relations manager
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2018

"Easy and intuitive work with GetResponse"

Pros: Autoresponders, automation, easy use and intuitive interface; very good support - helping database, as well as live online support.

Cons: Doesn't allow work in more than one window; slowly loading forms on my sites;

• Reviewed on 14/10/2018
Christine D.
Clinical Psychologist
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2018

"Very Good Email Marketing Software"

Pros: I love that the software is really affordable. The company is always adding new things and improving which is great. It is a one solution for our email marketing. Custom templates are great!

Cons: It`s a good way to start any Mail Marketing strategy, but no so much for those who need a big data control of their business. They have a daily limit of 50 emails, which works for us but we would rather send out the emails all at once instead of only that many a day. I don't think the tutorials are the best either.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2018
Justin R.
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2018

"Excellent email platform that is easy to use!"

Comments: Automated workflows are a personal favorite so I can set it and forget it!

Pros: The navigation of the platform is clean and simple, intuitive so that any novice and jump right in and start sending beautiful emails.

Cons: The deliverability is not always up to the standard of other email service providers, but they make up for it in ease of use and functionality.

• Reviewed on 19/01/2018
Safety Administrator
Public Safety, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2020

"Really wanted to like this software"

Pros: I really really wanted to like this one. I had high hopes for the platform but unfortunately it was just to difficult to learn and not very intuitive. The customer service is impeccable just wasn't a good fit for what I needed.

Cons: The functionality was a bit off, I had issues navigation the dashboard. Also testing the campaign before making it live was a headache.

by GetResponse on 07/12/2020

Hi there! Thank you for giving GetResponse a try and leaving us feedback. I will share this information with the team in the hopes that it will make it easier for others to use in the future. -Taylor

• Reviewed on 04/05/2020
Trauma and Extremities Associate Sales Representative
Staffing & Recruiting, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2019

"GetResponse for Landing Pages"

Comments: I went through a period where I was testing out many landing page sites, which is when I stumbled upon GetResponse. Was impressed, but have moved on to something that suited my needs better

Pros: - GetResponse has many different product offerings - this review is primarily on their landing pages
- I think overall they are very good - not excellent - but very good
- I have come across other landing page platforms I like better, but for the price Get Response is an excellent option and produces good results, attractive landing pages and a competitive price

Cons: - Have seen landing page platforms I think have better looking pages, but for the price GetResponse is a good option and if you use their email integration I'm sure they tie everything together nicely.

• Reviewed on 25/03/2019
John T.
Primary/Secondary Education
    3.5 /5
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2016

"Great email service provider for solo/small business"

Pros: As a solopreneur, GetResponse delivers what I need at an acceptable price point, and provides responsive service. The HTML email builder is easy to use, drag-and-drop, and comes with many usable designs.

Cons: I'm not in love with the basic interface, which is OK, but clunky. While the API is available, few other providers seem to integrate with the system - unlike Mailchimp or Aweber, which seem to integrate with everybody.

• Reviewed on 21/04/2016
Emil S.
Scanner Tech, editor
Media Production, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2019

"Must have for internet marketing"

Comments: I find it easy to use, and pretty straight forward. Would highly recommend it!

Pros: Very easy to use, versatile as well. Has all the necessary functions, you need, to push emails to your potential clients.

Cons: Can get expensive, with your email lists growing. But this shouldn't be a concern, considering that with bigger list you have more opportunities to grow your revenue.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2019
Marcus T.

"Best of the bunch"

Comments: Over the past 6-7 years I've experimented with most of the major email marketing services (inc. Mailchimp, Aweber, Constant Contact, Sendy, and others) through my consulting work and personal projects at Venture Harbour. GetResponse is by far the tool that I find myself recommending to others the most for a few reasons: - Great pricing (for most list sizes it's the most affordable service) - Beautifully designed templates & everything is mobile / tablet optimised - Their time travel service is fantastic - Great customer service - Good integration with a plethora of tools & WordPress plugins Overall, it does everything that an email marketing service should do without causing too many headaches. If you want to know more, I wrote a more in-depth review here (https://www.ventureharbour.com/getresponse-review/). Downside:
The user interface could do with a lick of paint and a rethink from a talented user experience expert. I find the labelling of navigation and my ability to find what I'm looking for quite unintuitive.
I'd also love to see their automation service developed a bit more. As it stands it's okay but quite limited in terms of what you can automate.

Milly H.
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2018

"I have used GetResponse as my primary email marketing software for over 2 years now"

Pros: GetResponse truly is an all-in-one solution. You have a CRM, landing page option, as well as, advanced email marketing capabilities.

Cons: The cost can be fairly high, especially as your list grows. I am currently re-evaluating email marketing software because of this. In order to get the most value out of this program, I suggest you are using all of the available features.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2018
Becky V.
Coach
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2018

"Horrible Customer Service"

Comments: After being highly recommended, I decided to give their 30-day free trial a shot to see if it would work before committing to spend the money on a subscription. Immediately upon registering, my account was blocked and it said I needed to upload a picture of a government issued ID before I could use their software. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue, though I did find it a bit strange and the person who recommended the service said they had never heard of this request, however; my drivers license went missing the week prior and I only have a Temp ID. My DL is going to take 4-6 weeks to arrive. I contacted the Live Chat Customer Service and was told they are not allowed to help in these cases and referred me to the Compliance Dept. I reached out to compliance explaining the situation and uploaded my Temp ID for verification. After several emails, I never got a response from an actually person addressing my specific issue, only automated, scripted responses, the last of which stated if I did not upload proper documentation in 3 days, my account would be closed. The list of reasons this verification could be required all referred to some type of complaint or misuse of the service. However, I never had an opportunity to do anything in their software. I don't have 4-6 weeks to wait to get my email service up and running. At this point, their lack of personal connection or willingness to work with me leaves me no option other than to go with one of their competitors.

Pros: I was never allowed to use it, so there is nothing I liked about it.

Cons: There was no personal connection when I had an issue. I was sent several automated responses indicating an actual person never read the information I provided.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2018
Victory E.
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2020

"My experience with the use of Getresponse"

Comments: Its a good product, but I find myself always needing the help of customer service most times during my use of it, and they were always there to help sort out all my challenges - their customer service is just awesome I must say.

Pros: It has lots of pro feature for a modern day email marketing campaign, and its well optimized for mobile email campaigns

Cons: The site is mostly too heavy to load and also needs a little bit of learning curve to understand the software

Hi Victory! Thank you for your feedback. It is appreciated. -Taylor

• Reviewed on 10/03/2020
Jenish P.
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2015

"Very simple to use and great support"

Comments: I have been using GetResponse for over a year now and I absolutely love it. What really won me over is their 24 x 7 chat support, which helps get your questions answered really quickly and easily. It becomes extremely helpful when you want to get something sorted that is real simple and waiting for a response for a day or two over email is just not warranted. They are also pretty active over Social Media (Facebook and Twitter), so they are very easy to get hold even out of the GetResponse environment. As an engineer, I really appreciate good products and I was astonished by their back-end. It's almost like a child's play, they have created a drag & drop system to make life easy and it comes in really handy if you are not that tech savvy. They also have a cool feature called 'Inbox Preview' that lets you see how exactly an email will appear on your reader's screen considering their email client, browser, operating system, and device. So if you don't have an autoresponder service or you are thinking of changing from your current one, then GetResponse is definitely worth giving a shot.

VP of Marketing
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2014

"Huge Disappointment"

Comments: Where to start - the interface is not really drag and drop as it advertises, to edit any component requires a series of clicks that makes using the templates incredibly frustrating. For example, you cannot even drag a text box to move it half an inch up the page. It is entirely based on email so the process does not follow a logical path for anything else, like creating a landing page and then setting up the email campaign to add users who have clicked a CTA, and starting an automation sequence. It's like having 4 different systems pieced together haphazardly. To make matters worse, the system freezes on a regular basis. This is a huge disappointment, as the concept is brilliant (one system to handle email campaigns, landing pages, forms, and surveys) but the actual system falls way flat. And if you're on a trial, forget support - they don't care at all about helping new potential customers get the most out of the experience so they will buy. Forget it, don't waste your time.

Pros: Great concept, lots of templates and stock images

Cons: Concept falls flat in practice, the different components do not play well with each other
Extremely user UNfriendly platform, too many clicks for simple tasks
Poor performance
Terrible customer service

by GetResponse on 07/07/2015

Hi there,

We are truly sorry to hear that this was your experience while using GetResponse. User experience and 5-star customer support is something that we feel is of the utmost importance, and again we are so sorry to hear this isn't what you experienced.

If you would ever be willing to give us another chance, we would do all we can to ensure that you would receive the 5-star customer service and product performance you deserve.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2014
Mohd abid hossain F.
studen t
Hospitality, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2020

"Budget software for email marketting"

Pros: all in one from automation to creating a funnel and newsletter
best for beggeiner

Cons: ClickBank funnel takes more time to open then Cickfunnel

by GetResponse on 07/12/2020

Hi Mohd Abid Hossain! Thanks for leaving a positive review. It is appreciated. -Taylor

• Reviewed on 30/10/2020
Haley H.
Accountant
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/12/2019

"Get softwareFor automated email correspondence"

Comments: I used it for about 6 months for my MLM business. It helped me keep in touch with potential customers.

Pros: The software allows the user to set up many separate campaigns. Each one can be manipulated to send automated emails of any things you wish on whatever day u want. It’s easy to design the emails and pick the days and to implement the software for personal or business use.

Cons: The software was more complicated when using the mobile web version to design the emails. I used the desktop computer instead.

• Reviewed on 24/12/2019