Filter by:

• Overall

About SmartrMail

SmartrMail is an easy-to-use email marketing app that helps you send better email for your store. Integrates with Shopify and more.

Learn more about SmartrMail

Nikki T.
Busines Owner / Manager in Australia
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Cheaper than Mailchimp with practical functionality.

5 last year

Comments: Great customer service and help when needed.

Pros:

We use Smartrmail with out Shopify store and really enjoy it. Pulled our email list out of mailchimp over 6 months ago as it was just getting too expensive. Smartrmail has all the functionality I need without being overly complicated. Just realised it does 2 way sync with Shopify so if a subscriber purchased once, but more than 2 years ago, and then makes a new purchase in our Shopify store, they'll be labelled as " Repeat customer" since there will be 2 orders in this subscribers' profile in your Shopify store. This is great so that customers repeat business is recognised. Thank you Smartrmail.

Cons:

Nothing major just took a little bit of getting used to the autosave as I was used to saving everything I did manually in mailchimp. Not a software problem, just a person problem ;-P

Brett L.

Been making an average of 35x ROI over 11 months

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall we have been making a very good return while using only the most basic features like abandon cart, auto product recommendations, manual sales campaigns and thank you emails.

Pros:

The auto product recommendations a super simple and have been really effective at generating consistent revenue.

Cons:

I would like the ability to upload custom fonts and create product review follow ups.

Lily L.
Head of Ecommerce in Australia
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees

Great Customer Experience

5 2 years ago

Comments: Because of the complexity of our launch, we are so pleased with the support that the team at Smartr Mail have given us during on-boarding. This has made it easy to troubleshoot issues and map out our initial setup as easily as possible. I did not expect this level of support, thanks guys!

Pros:

Smartr Mail allows us to reach our specific market segments with accuracy and in a timely manner. It's smart segments functionality is amazing, and the fact that we can set up automations based around detailed parameters is extremely exciting for our business as we move into the future.

Cons:

I needed to be a little better prepared.

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to SmartrMail: Great integration options

Aida R.
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Great product and exceptional customer service and support

5 3 years ago

Comments: 1. Saves time
2. Emails look professional
3. Automation helps you focus on other parts of business

Pros:

SmartrMail is so easy to use - no experience or training necessary. Plus integration with our website makes it easy to add products including products descriptions, price images etc. What used to take me an hour to do using other mail service platforms, it takes about 15 minutes now. Smartrmail saves a lot of time and emails just look so much better and professional. Couldn't go back to anything else now. Plus customer support is just exceptional - if you have any questions or need suggestions. 10/10 for software and support.

Cons:

There is nothing that I don't like. This is a complete package.

Andrew H.
owner in Australia

Streets ahead of alternatives

5 3 years ago

Comments: I used to use Mailchimp but found creating newsletters time consuming. Because SmartrMail links directly into my Neto control panel I can add products into my newsletters simply by typing a four digit SKU. The customer segmentation enables me to very accurately target customers who have bought different items without having to email my entire list or spend hours trying to create my own customer segments.

Pros:

The software is easy to set up and easy to use. Making a newsletter ranges from no time at all for automated emails to minutes for a manual email. It is very easy to see how your campaigns are working and the results they achieve. Subscriber segmentation function is phenomenal. Support staff are fantastic.

Cons:

I have not encountered any things I don't like yet.

Aly S.
Owner in Philippines
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees

Great Customer Support

4 2 years ago

Comments: Smartrmail is very easy to use and helped us grow our Subscribers list.

Pros:

Smartrmail customer Support is A+. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been very helpful whenever we encounter issues.

Cons:

We've been waiting for smartrmail to roll-out their "Product Review" feature, I thought it would be available mid last year, but wasn't added on their latest gui roll-out.

Noah G.
eCommerce & Digital Marketing Manager in Australia
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees

Absolute essential for use with Neto eCommerce

5 last year

Pros:

The SmartrMail system integrates flawlessly with Neto, which gives it access to all our product and customer details; making it easier for us to make it easier for our customers to order more! The instant chat support is amazing to help get set up easily and have everything working exactly how you need it.

Cons:

The email design process is a little bit awkward to get used to, but once you're used it, it becomes very easy to make great looking campaigns.

Jessy C.
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Super responsive & helpful, always!

5 3 years ago

Comments: The Smartrmail team are incredibly responsive, and often go above and beyond with their detailed and thoughtful replies.

Pros:

The software is niche and suits my business (online retail specialising in fashion and fine jewellery) to a tee.

Cons:

I have nothing negative to report about this software.

Paula H.
Retail, Self Employed

A winner for me

5 3 years ago

Comments: A big thanks to the team at SmartrMail. Very helpful and only too happy to get online and chat with you to assist with any help needed with the program. Great customer service!

Pros:

The ease of use and automation of the program. I'm a sole trader, so this is the perfect solution for me. This brilliant email program keeps your marketing ticking over whilst doing other tasks. I also appreciate the subject lines as they provide you with ideas in creating a newsletter.

Cons:

There are no cons about this program. You can't help but like it.

Ann C.
owner in Australia
Farming, Self Employed

Easy to Use, Great Support and Converts

5 3 years ago

Comments: Excellent customer experience, support is fantastic

Pros:

Ease of Use Increased Sales Segmenting Customers

Cons:

Nothing, I guess I'd like it cheaper lol.

Kristie R.
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Fantastic product for our business

5 2 years ago

Comments: Our overall experience has been great. We have better insight as to who is viewing our emails, the links they click on from our email to access our website and the sales we generate from the emails we send out.

Pros:

Very easy to use. I am able to create newsletters within 10 minutes (compared to approx. 45 mins on the previous software we used). The reports provide good insight as to how successful each marketing campaign has been.

Cons:

The cost can be prohibitive for small businesses but it is still cheaper than some of the competitors.

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp and GetResponse

Reasons for Choosing SmartrMail: Smartrmail has better functionality and integrates with Neto.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to SmartrMail: Better functionality and integration with Neto

Pat R.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees

SmartrMail where have you been???

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall Smartrmail is nothing short of sensational. It immediately started working within minutes of set up.

Pros:

For those working on a Neto platform this is for you.

Cons:

No set-up wizard to walk you through. Would be great if it had a step by step set up wizard to guide you through the first time.

Alternatives Considered: OneSaas

Reasons for Choosing SmartrMail: Easier to use with its automation and pre-configuration with our ecommerce platform. No coding needed.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to SmartrMail: No coding. One click set up from our ecommerce platform. Automation made easy on simple day to day emails.

Nancy N.
President in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

The best email marketing app

5 2 years ago

Comments: Our delivery rate to our customers inbox is up, our bounce rate is down and our overall stats look much heathier than 6 months ago.

Pros:

Love, Love & Love the amazing customer service! Rep and his team never stop impressing me with their fantastic help and suggestions. Easy to use. Hasn't failed us yet. Clean and crisp presentation.

Cons:

Looking forward to updates to customize funtions in the design template.

Harrison H.
Marketing Assistant in Australia
Automotive, 2-10 Employees

Tools.com Smartrmail Review

4 10 months ago

Comments: As an e-commerce business, SmartrMail has helped us save a significant amount of time by utilising the workflows for emails such as the welcome and thank you emails.

Pros:

One of the key factors of our decision to use SmartrMail as our email marketing software is the implementation with Neto. Being able to share and use data through both SmartrMail and Neto is so easy when compared to other email marketing softwares. With that, being able to create templates and designs is very user friendly which makes my time as a user a lot less stressful. The ease of syncing data such as products and other information for e-commerce is fantastic.

Cons:

There are still some limitations with the design such as fonts but I can imagine there are reasons for this. The email composer could potential be expanded upon by adding a number of new creative techniques which can result in a greater feel and look on the emails.

Brad P.
Administration in Australia
Automotive, 11-50 Employees

Looking forward to the future

5 3 years ago

Comments: To date I must say communication has been prompt and informative whether that be via email, online chat or the couple of phone calls I have booked online

Pros:

* Links seamlessly with Neto * Covers our current needs in email marketing * Relatively user friendly and has informative support videos

Cons:

None so far. Although it will be better once Neto's API allows for a greater automation of coupon codes.

Glenn M.

SmartrMail

5 3 years ago

Comments: GREAT customer support (always responsive and capable). Direct tracking of our increase in sales via this platform and both auto and manual emails to our customer base

Pros:

Easy to use; Good reporting & sales tracking; Great customer support

Cons:

Some additional functions & editing of templates would be useful

Barry S.
Sales Manager in Australia
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

Great !

5 7 months ago

Comments: Amazing !

Pros:

Very easy to use & great customer service . Would definitely recommend to all !

Cons:

Would love to see it integrate completely with Neto

Doug B.
Service Manager in Australia

Great Customer Service

5 last year

Comments: Every time I require any help the response is fast and from highly professional people whom are very knowledgeable. I would recommend SmartrMail purely based on their brilliant customer service.

Pros:

The customer service is exceptional. The product is easy to use and works well with Neto.

Cons:

Slow accessing subscribers as only displays a few subscribers at a time.

Allan K.
Marketing in Australia
Retail, 11-50 Employees

Easy to use, Easy to migrate

5 3 years ago

Pros:

The layout and design of the UI makes it very easy to use. The support we received in migrating from our previous ESP was incredible. Very helpful and fast to respond.

Cons:

There are some limitations to what content can be included in an email and formatting/layout of linked products is pretty rigid. I'd like to see more options for product field insertion (was price/Sale price, promo end date, review ratings, etc...)

James D.
marketing in Australia
Automotive, 2-10 Employees

easiest software to use

5 last year

Pros:

very intuitive integrates well with neto grabbing pictures and info from your site and you tube plug in is awesome

Cons:

difficult to say as i really like this software package

Eva R.
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees

Email marketing

5 2 years ago

Comments: Help from SmartMail team is excellent.

Pros:

Pop up emails - you set up once and it goes.....

Cons:

I wouldn't be able to start using the software if I didn't have a training.

Philippa M.
Marketing Manager in Australia

SmartrMail Review

4 3 years ago

Comments: We are able to stay in contact with customers through email and have created some beautiful campaigns which SmartrMail has helped us send. The customer service is always helpful and if you have any hiccups or challenges, they will help you through to find a solution.

Pros:

Designing our own emails in InDesign, it is easy to then import GIFs and images into the emails for our weekly newsletter. For weekly emails, the system is intuitive and easy to use. With the assistance of the team from Smartrmail, we've been able to create a range of automated campaigns to target customers and upsell other products. The customer service team is great and reply to help requests very promptly.

Cons:

Setting up automated campaigns and creating audiences with certain rules can be rather complex and easy to make errors, so it is essential you work with the Smartrmail team on this.

Lisa C.
General Manager in Australia

Excellent Customer Service

5 2 years ago

Pros:

What I love most about using SmartMail above anything else is their customer service. No matter what time, or what issue, or what solution I am looking for, the team at SmartrMail are only a click away and are extremely responsive to all enquiries sent. This has given me reassurance that I can have hands on support to achieved the desired campaign outcomes needed for our growing business. Special shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who from day 1 has been outstanding. I really appreciate it. :)

Cons:

No major issues. I would just like more features and flexibility with some things, however overall I am quite happy and the support I am given gets me through any hurdles that occur.

Megan B.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

Easy, Fast & Beutiful

5 3 years ago

Comments: Very easy. I don't have a lot of time to learn a whole new way of working. Their system is easy to use and professional at the end for my customers.

Pros:

- First and foremost their customer service, support and online FAQs are fantastic! - Easy to use - Emails look clean & beautiful - Smart Segments - Integrates with website

Cons:

Nothing to do with the software, more their integration capabilities with Neto. Neto don't offer automated promo codes for customers. I'd like to send promotional emails to certain segments with a discount code that is personal to them e.g. Refer a friend. There is no capability from Neto to feed this in to SmartrMail (or any email provider. I would like to see SmartrMail expand to also include SMS marketing.

Andrew A.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

Smart R Mail - The name says it all !!

5 3 years ago

Comments: Smartrmail provides excellent customer service - they answer questions quickly and provide solutions or work arounds to most of my email problems within their software. I love the smart technology that is built into the product, that can send my clients products that suit them automatically, without me doing anything.

Pros:

The software links in with my eCommerce program and allows me to produce emails quickly.

Cons:

The worst part of the program as that I did not find it earlier.