• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.4 /5

About HubSpot CRM

HubSpot CRM has everything you need to organize, track, and build better relationships with leads and customers.

Learn more about HubSpot CRM

Showing 2,739 reviews

Javier H.
Digital Consultant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2019

"I hate HubSpot so much, it made me loose a lot of money!!!"

Comments: The worst experience with a piece of software in my life. I have lost thousands because of HubSpot. Avoid with all your means!

Pros: I really wanted to be fair and find something that I like about HubSpot but, to be honest, when I tried to do so, I was unable. It has so many bugs, its control panel UX is so bad, the learning curve is so big and it lacks so many features, that this is the first review I make in Capterra where I cannot find anything I like of a piece of software.

Cons: Oh, god. I have TONS of things that not only I dislike, but HATE of HubSpot. 1) The learning curve is ridiculously big, as a result of a very badly designed UX and the constant bugs when using it. 2) You will need hours, days, weeks and sometimes months of hard work to design by yourself a decent landing page that will still lack many functionalities and look not so good. Their visual editor is really really bad, and coding in HubL is frustrating. And if you look for predesigned templates, most of them are terribly badly designed. It has issues every now and then, and you will lose contacts, automations will not work... a disaster. Their support chat works sometimes, sometimes not, just when they decide to make it available! Very careful with the Advanced Code Snippet box in your landing pages settings, don't place your tracking codes there: sometimes this doesn't work and you will lose retargeting opportunities. Also, email templates are terrible. Oh! And this one is the worst: if you tag your ads' URLs with UTM tags, HubSpot receives these tags but will not show you this info for all interactions, only for the interaction preceding the creation of the contact. TERRIBLE!!! I think this has to be the worst CRM ever in history!!!

• Reviewed on 10/05/2019
David O.
General Manager
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2021

"HubSpot CRM is a Great Entry Level Contact Manager"

Comments: I have had a great experience using HubSpot CRM. The program is very easy to use and is effective at managing my contacts

Pros: HubSpot CRM is a great entry level option for businesses who need a way to manage their contacts. Not only is the product easy to use but it is also free as well!

Cons: While the features are limited and push you to acquire other HubSpot licenses, this is only a small con when you account for the product being completely free.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2021
Rick H.
Director of Sales
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2021

"The benchmark for CRM"

Comments: The product was flawless but the cost of subscription just got out of hand.

Pros: Hubspot has every angle covered. Great email marketing, decent landing page creation, social media integration , omnichat capability, sales automation, e-commerce integration.. its the Swiss army knife of CRM.

Cons: The cost of Hubspot runs up fast. the more features you need, the more contacts the bigger the bill.

• Reviewed on 01/04/2021
Taylor B.
Independent Managing Technician
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2020

"Everything you could need -unless you need mobility."

Comments: Overall, I'd have to say my experience has been quite amazing. Their desktop/website side is strong and speaks for itself, but they need to work on mobility (and I know I've trashed-talked their mobile app a bit, but it does track some things, like phone calls and emails and such, which maybe that's all you need to do.. it'll do a great job there), we're in 2020 now and ain't nobody wants to be carrying around these massive laptops anymore.

Pros: There's tons & tons of features to love about Hubspot. The power of the platform, even the free version of it, is undeniable. Tracking customers, managing issues, following up with loose-ends.. it's all handled seemlessly here and it's so smooth you won't even notice the undoubtedly massive amount of effort that's been put into it. - Hands-down best feature? The issue Ticketing system.

Cons: As i mentioned in the title of my review here, mobility. The biggest issue i've had with Hubspot is the fact that i can't really use it outside the office, unless i pull my desktop and set it up in the back seat of my car.. because that's how bad their mobile app is right now. That being said, they have a long-running feature-request board that gets tons of comments asking them when they'll update their app to bring more amazing features to mobile, but that hasn't had a reply from them in almost a year now. - The main feature their app needs? The mobile Ticketing system.

• Reviewed on 18/03/2020
Tyler S.
General Manager
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2020

"Best Free CRM"

Comments: Overall it gets the job done and not too bad. I'd love to have all our email campaigns in the same ecosphere with HubSpot, but we do it for free on MailChimp and get more features. The organization of the Contacts, Companies, and Deals is great, you can even add a service ticket which is awesome.
We tried the paid version for the sales for a while and liked the automation, just don't think we're using all the features to justify using it, currently went back to free and working just fine. We are using the deals section as a sales pipeline with a built-in project pipeline to track our jobs wich works okay, for now, just a workaround till we find a better process. If Google purchases Salesforce though, we would be looking into that very seriously.

Pros: Free.
Great tools that connect with your website, seeing data on what's being viewed.
Deals pipeline.
Forms that connect to your website.
Connects Contacts, Companies, and Deals amazingly.

Cons: Once you get into the paid version, it's spendy, especially if you don't use all the features.
The products section isn't really feature-rich
doesn't work the best with Google, including drive.
Gmail add on isn't good.
The free forms don't give you the option to center your form on your website, so it's off-centered and has the HubSpot badge on it.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2020
Brandon S.
Marketing Content Manager
Biotechnology, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/01/2020

"Intuitive and User-Friendly Without Being Overwhelming"

Comments: I was a critic of HubSpot before I was a strong supporter. It takes some time to understand the platform before you can fully see the possibilities. If starting a company from scratch, I would definitely put HubSpot CRM on the short list.

Pros: HubSpot focuses on simplicity and usability rather and competing for the most features or customization. The primary requirement of our CRM implementation project was ease-of-use and HubSpot has not dissapointed. And while there are limitations compared to other platforms, the feature set is growing all the time and we don't have to rely on third party integrators or developers. It is also easy to scale up quickly.

Cons: HubSpot has a strong culture and jargon. To truly understand the platform, you will need to learn to think like the HubSpot community which can use different terms and methodologies. The platform also seems to be biased mostly towards B2B service companies, however you can make it work for just about any type of organization. Also keep in mind that while the CRM starts as "free," the cost increases quickly as you leverage the other HubSpot "hubs."

• Reviewed on 07/01/2020
Jon (marc) A.
Founder & CEO, Google Adwords Expert & Google Ad Grants Specialist, Needing Help Managing Your Ads?
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"HubSpot CRM - Love It"

Comments: Must-Try - A Complete No Brainer Just took the time to do a little research on the Free CRM on places Like YouTube and was pleasantly surprised at all that so many people were saying about it all So signed up on the free entry-level programme, that has all that I need, messed about with for a bit and took the time to see what is possible to implement and execute using it and fell in love with all that the the FREE CRM solution had to offer.

Pros: > It is free and offers unlimited users WOW > The Training That Is Provided With The Free CRM Solution - Great Quality Of > The Number Of Things That CRM is Able to Offer within the Free Solution > The Best Free Quality CRM Software Solution Out There Hands Down

Cons: I really can not say anything negative about this Free CRM at all. It has been for me a complete game-changer If they could do something a little better it could be to have a more user-friendly getting started area for the training videos

• Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Ian P.
Principal Account Executive & Head of Channel Sales
Security & Investigations, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2019

"Best CRM Hands Down"

Comments: HubSpot CRM is the absolute best sales tool on the market....and it's not particularly close. I've, unfortunately, worked for companies that use other, clunky CRMs, making it so much harder to do my job. Whether it's reporting, pipeline management, or simply contacting a client or prospect, HubSpot gives you all the tools, and then some, to crush your sales goals.

Pros: The ease of use is fantastic, making for a simple, hit-the-ground-running kind of user experience. I also really enjoy the use of reporting dashboards and report builder. This helps me evaluate deal activity on a detailed, property based level that helps improve our sales abilities.

Cons: No cons really. In my 3.5 years of using HubSpot, I've yet to hit a speed bump or find something that impedes my ability to manage and sell.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2019
Josh B.
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2019

"Great free tools, with great additions in Sales Starter"

Comments: Using Sequences has saved a huge amount of time when it comes to following up leads. We can set an automated sequence of 5 personalised emails to send at different times if that customer doesn't get back in touch with us. This has increased our sales success and potential for sales, whilst saving time due to the automated process. The free knowledge transfer and recommendations from HubSpot are also really influential, especially for inbound marketing.

Pros: Keeping track of the customers that we deal with is the best thing in Hubspot for us. Each customer has a contact card created where we can add all their details, but also customise our own fields like the product prospects we have (what we are trying to sell to them), then the products they have bought (hopefully). This helps us to better understand our clients and keep on top of current users and potentials. In the Sales Starter, being able to use sequences saves a huge amount of time with email follow ups and has lead to more sales as it can automate different messages going back out to the customers if they don't reply.

Cons: The full integration with calendars and email is simple if you have a Gmail account, but is trickier if you have independant emails. We can get our emails synced up and use the Outlook integration well, but you can only get the Calendar integration to work if you create a full Gmail account.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2019
Gibson W.
Research And Development Specialist
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/05/2020

"All in one marketing software that enables sales and marketing with effortless hallmarks."

Comments: Hubspot CRM is wonderful creation of marketing technology. It is highly recommended because of its all-in-one features. It recreates the dream of entrepreneurs to be successful and run towards the bigger goals. Hubspot CRM helps grow better by automated logging and updating, if customers deals and sales sales products. It also helps nurture your leads to clients by offering pre-built integrations. It's user-friendliness is one of the greatest advantages. Most of all, it offers free accessibility and notifies you for every action.

Pros: Hubspot CRM is one of the best marketing tool. It offers everything you need for sales and marketing in a single system. Its helps you directing your data and cooperating with colleagues by constituting emails. Recent conversations and activities can also be pursued. It gives many options to create tasks with its reminder. Hubspot brings everything together in single shared view under one roof and is easily connected to other tools. It has this enthralling feature to assemble and make a journal of sales calls, emails, schedule tasks and even assign tasks further. It is undoubtedly frightening contender with its bullet proof features. Moreover there is also a collection of emails template motifs and you can either create your own.

Cons: Despite being a wonderful sales and marketing product, this tool does not support multi-account switching. Hubspot CRM has also limited functionality. It helps to acquire all imprints, archives and third party integrations.

• Reviewed on 06/05/2020
Fletcher H.
Operations Manager
Medical Devices, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2020

"HubSpot CRM"

Comments: My overall experience with HubSpot was definitely good and I highly recommend the software, as long as someone else is paying for it and not me. The practical ability of HubSpot is awesome and really did help our business move forward.

Pros: The ease of use was definitely my favorite aspect of HubSpot, from the pipeline to workflows and reporting it was overall just a really easy system to use. The ability to customise the interface was also awesome, I was able to make the software almost unique to us just from my computer.

Cons: A lot of addon's, I guess its to be expected but to get the full experience of HubSpot (ie. product lists, the accounting side, marketing) you need to pay a little bit more each time until you ended up paying quite a large amount (more then a lot of other CRM's) for a product that makes it self appealing by saying its free to start.

• Reviewed on 21/04/2020
Jonathan C.
Marketing Analyst
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"Our main tool in the Marketing department"

Comments: In my company, HubSpot is our main tool in the Marketing department. We use it specially for marketing automation actions. It allows us to make calls, send emails and complete landing pages and forms, so we can keep track of the performance of our marketing campaigns.

Pros: Hubspot analytics are exceptional. It allows you to get a clear overview of how the website or blog is performing, by keeping visually tracks of how close you are to hitting the goals, while constantly providing tips to reach them. Besides, all relative metrics for marketer can be tracked on HubSpot, such as web, email, social media, page performance, SEO and AB Testing metrics. The customer support is amazing, always being so responsive and helpful. I have to say it’s one of the best support teams I have ever contacted. Also, we’re so excited that Hubspot announced at this year's inbound that multi-currency capabilities would be supported, something we were desperately waiting for as this was essential to our deal tracking.

Cons: Hubspot needs to be maintained very closely. We once had an issue where information got messy and people received emails that they were not supposed to. We had to apologize and fix this. It was due to a personal mistake, but I know it could happen again if it’s not maintained properly. Also, integrate Hubspot with other tools is not always easy, as the process is long and confusing.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Real estate broker
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2019

"Bussness essential"

Comments: Use daily to keep track of clients appointment and all communication and management of deal flow

Pros: Team collaboration
Facebook and Google ads
Integration with zapier
Free version very comprehensive
Deal flow is well laid out

Cons: Entry level package bit pricey
Quite a lot of training to master this product
No other social media integration

• Reviewed on 30/08/2019
Scott E.
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2017

"An amazing option for a free CRM, but don't expect a ton of bells and whistles"

Comments: The biggest benefit is getting a fleshed out CRM without spending a dime. For a small organization, this is a huge benefit because you can start immediately implementing the CRM and getting into the habit of taking notes and managing customers. Later on you might want to migrate to a different CRM, but in the meantime, this is a no risk situation to get started and actually is better than a lot of paid CRMs out there.

Pros: My favorite thing about this software is that it's free. It made choosing a CRM an easy decision, and we have stuck with it since we made it. I like that it's easy to customize just about anything in terms of fields and that there are no limits on doing that. I also enjoy the templates and email tracking feature, which supposedly has a limit in the free account but I somehow continue to get notifications when people open my emails. Another favorite aspect that keeps me coming back to it is the Deals area - having a kanban board for deals is immensely helpful, and we use that heavily along with quota and forecasting reports related to it. There isn't a better way to get a snapshot on how your business is doing than to just look a kanban board of all your open deals and where they are in the pipeline.

Cons: Some of the software can seem a bit old and clunky, like a lot of CRMs. I miss the social autofilling options that Prosperworks has, and I don't find there to be anything particularly special about the user interface. Lists of contacts and navigating through a profile doesn't look especially modern, but it does get the job done. It's hard to be upset with any of those issues though because well, it's free. For free, it does an amazing job.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2017
Jose H.
Technical Marketing Manager
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2018

"Top CRM for many reasons"

Comments: I have 4+ years of experience using HubSpot, day in and day out, and have used it extensively both in-house and with multiple clients of all different sizes. I also have significant experience with other CRMs including Marketo, Pardot, and Salesforce. I say that HubSpot is still the top CRM and marketing software platform in the industry for the features listed above, but also for their responsive and fast-acting customer support team. Overall I highly recommend HubSpot.

Pros: The user tracking functionalities out-of-the-box are unmatched. It's very easy to track what leads do in your website and it's random-to-known lead matching technology is great. Building your website within the HubSpot ecosystem will yield a fast website that is easy to edit, that follows SEO best practices and is extremely stable all around. And the marketing automation features are simply one of the best in the industry.

Cons: The reporting functionalities aren't great. There are many small little details and limitations in different tools that doesn't make sense to most folks and makes you wonder why HubSpot doesn't allow it. Sometimes implementing conversion goal tracking from other systems isn't as easy as it could be. Lastly, some of the pricing tiers and features don't make complete sense to me and the software can get pretty expensive if you have too many contacts in your database.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2018
Dacil C.
Marketing Specialist
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2017

"Perfect CRM for companies with straight forward sales cycles"

Comments: I have been using Hubspot CRM for a year now. In my company we are seven different business units and each business unit is kind of ran like an independent company so the challenge to have them all in one CRM was compelling. Some of the business units had never have a CRM before and some other were using different ones: I had 3 using vTiger, a free Open Source CRM, and another one SAP.
I started the migration of CRM with the business unit with most experiencie on the use of vTiger CRM. The migration went on pretty smoothly for my surprise and mostly everyone was happy with the change specially because of the ease of use. I do had to create some training slides and get together all the sales group to train them, but after that session mostly everyone started working on the CRM without problems.
I then followed with the rest of the business units and Hubspot has been working perfectly, but.. I do have some complains from the users which have more to do with the way we do business than with the CRM itself.
Since we are different business units but usuaaly work with the same customers, we have a problem assigning one owner to each contact. We would need each contact to be able to have multiple owners that can help us create filters accordingly to the owner. Right now we are not able to do it and I have lots of complains about since because of it I need to have everyone being able to see or edit all contacts, not only the ones assigned to them.
Besides this, Hubspot CRM is a great tool and very easy of using.
We are still waiting for the App for Android though!

Pros: Ease of use
On the cloud
iOS App
Easy migration of information

Cons: You can´t have more than one owner per contact

• Reviewed on 02/03/2017
Ryan S.
Sales Product Specialist
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2020

"HubSpot Review"

Pros: Since it is a cloud-based CRM, Hubspot takes input from users to make changes to their user interface, so it is always continuously improving to be more user-friendly.
Great way to keep track of your open deals with your customer base in which gives a better way to connect with them and provide a better sales experience.

Cons: Since it is cloud-based and on the internet, that if you have internet issues or if Hubspot has issues with there servers you are kinda stuck waiting for the problem to be solved.

• Reviewed on 17/02/2020
Cody S.
Senior Client Success Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"Industry Standard Software, but with some roadblocks"

Comments: Hubspot gets the job done, albeit with some critical limitations that hinder speed and efficiency.

Pros: The vast array of integrations into Hubspot are extremely helpful when it comes to multi-app teams that rely on a handful of services to achieve success. For example, the ability to auto import fields into PandaDoc templates when creating a document makes life super easy. Hubspot does pretty good in searching its internal database to match companies you import in an attempt to provide relevant information about a prospect or customer.

Cons: The Contacts, Companies and Deal elements have too many limitations when it comes to referencing data between them. This is evident when creating reports and lists where you want to pull data from more than one of these sources. The workaround is to create a workflow that copies field properties from one element to the other. This kind of strict separation creates a bunch of redundant data in Hubspot that can overwhelm the UI and your team. There's no streamlined process that enables you to split out catalogs and quantities inside of Deals for more dynamic deals that split out multiple services.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Beth C.
Project Management Associate
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2019

"Invest in learning the system for the most reward"

Comments: I've enjoyed working with HubSpot and found that it's integrated pretty seamlessly across website, social media, and email. If you take the time to do the trainings and certifications, you'll get much more out of the software.

Pros: HubSpot's CRM has a tremendous amount of functionality for organizations who need to work with multi-layered communications and tracking. It provides the ability to create personalized, automated workflows that pull your contacts through your system. If you use the inbound marketing model, it will reduce the amount of follow up time and help you scale your product.

Cons: It can be difficult to get a full grasp of the software, and it isn't as simple as other CRM tools on the market. With the added complexity, however, you get added functionality. Further, HubSpot is great at providing trainings and resources to help you understand how to use the system. Additionally, there are some targeting parameters that are more difficult than with other tools—since HubSpot is geared towards workflows and targeting customers where they are in a business cycle, it is difficult to target by things like zip code when you need a very specific area.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2019
Jacob M.
Enterprise Business Development
Facilities Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"HubSpot has increased my productivity"

Comments: My experience has been great! Going from using Sales Force to hubspot has been an easy transition.

Pros: Sequences and tasks have increased my productivity by not allowing me to let any of my prospects fall through the cracks!

Cons: When calling through the hubspot dialer I have to answer my phone with every individual call to connect. I have used dialers in the past that only required one call to connect and I would be able to make as many calls in a row as I liked until I hung up.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2019
Erin F.
admissions
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2021

"Three Years Later- Still Happy"

Comments: Still great- will continue using it for many years to come!

Pros: The tracking of communication is critical. Before HubSpot, we were copy and pasting every email into our old system and things would go missing, or users would forget to log things in and communication got messy. Hubspot automatically logs all emails so we don't even have to think about it. You're also able to clearly see any marketing emails that have gone out so the communication is not replicated. The Meetings tool is the best tool in Hubspot- people can set up a time to speak with you right through your Google calendar. It saves a lot of back and forth trying to find a time to connect with a client.

Cons: Sometimes the automated email tracking does not work, so you have to keep an eye on it. I wish Companies were a little cleaner and that companies were not added automatically when you email someone, because we end up with a lot of unrelated companies, simply because it's associated with an email address.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2021
Julie D.
Marketing Director
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2020

"Powerhouse of a platform"

Comments: My overall experience with Hubspot has been positive. Support is good and we have a consultant assigned to our account that checks in with us frequently and I can reach out to him if I am having an issue with something.

Pros: I have found that Hubspot is easy to get started with and they have educational videos for everything and a very comprehensive knowledge hub.

Cons: I know that change is good, but Hubspot likes to do lots of updates and changes to things behind the scenes that sometimes messes up our external forms that are transferred to Hubspot using the API.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2020
John M.
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2019

"Love this product!!!"

Comments: Integrated marketing and driving suspects to conversions.

Pros: Love its simplicity of use: -

Helps you think logically and implement the new process of modern marketing - Run and measure Ads / Drive visitors to site / Remarket to visitors when they're using the web / Content Market to visitors via Newsletters and feeds / Social Market using paid social / Use promotions and offers to drive prospects to conversion!
- Hubspot helps you manage it all! Incredible product.

Cons: The free version is limited in functionality, and this can be frustrating (if you've invested time to use Hubspot, and all your 'assets' are there) - but you've reached your MAX limit of Templates, or Report Views, or chats, etc. So the only negative is price. It's not cheap.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Gabrielle S.
Director of Marketing
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2019

"My preferred automation system"

Comments: Overall, positive, and I have renewed a few times.

Pros: Having used Pardot and Marketo, Hubspot is my preferred automation platform. I like the number of features that are included, the UI is easy to navigate, and I can manage a number of different marketing campaigns from one place.

Cons: There are significant reporting limitations and sometimes the basic customer service is challenging, as my issues are more advanced and require a deeper dive.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2019
Agustin F.
COO
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2020

"Excelent tool to manage your day to day bsuiness"

Comments: Is really good even more if we consider quality vs price.

Pros: Really good for both controlling (tasks and outcome of the teams)as well as for forecasting and marketing functionalities.

Cons: The lack better reporting tools as well as been able to consolidate all data points from MKT channels until the outcome of those MKT channels.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2020