15 years helping Australian businesses

About LastPass

LastPass provides secure password management without compromising ease of use and employee productivity.

Learn more about LastPass

Pros:

It was free and very simple to use. I decided to subscribe to the paid version, and I had some of the best customer service, but some of the premium features fell below my expectations (more below).

Cons:

If lastpass has an outage, you can't login to any platform and that can ruin your day. You can't put a setting on lastpass that says keep me logged in for the next 4 hours.

LastPass ratings

4.5
4.3
4.6
4.5

8.8/10

LastPass has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 2,747 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used LastPass before?

Filter reviews (2,747)

Money
Money
Cyber Security Engineer in Canada
Alternative Medicine, 51–200 Employees

Streamlined Security Solution

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Everything about using LastPass has gone really well for me. It has become into a vital tool for me in my digital life, improving security on all of my devices and handling passwords with ease. LastPass still impresses me with its dependability, ease, and dedication to protecting my information, even with slight setbacks. I heartily urge everyone looking for a reliable and effective password management solution to check out LastPass.

Pros:

LastPass is excellent at offering a thorough and efficient security solution. Sensitive data is unmatchedly protected by its strong features, which include password management, two-factor authentication, and safe data storage. Accessing accounts is made simple with the single sign-on feature and mobile authentication, while real-time warnings and notifications give even more peace of mind.

Cons:

Despite its amazing feature set, LastPass occasionally has small bugs or delays when synchronizing across devices. Furthermore, there can be a learning curve for certain users who find the user interface to be initially a little complicated, necessitating full utilization of all functions.

Rakesh
Engineer in Australia
Mining & Metals, 11–50 Employees

No fuss password manager

5.0 last month New

Comments: It has been positive so far and encryption makes it safer.

Pros:

LastPass really helps in a team environment where an account for a tool is shared across multiple users. Given the nature of work I do it is very vital to have a password manager that works across different tools and accounts.

Cons:

Not very much worried of anything as it solves the problem I and the team have. Can't really comment on the admin side of things.

Lance
Operations Manager in US
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

Lastpass failings after breach

Comments: Lastpass suffered a breach, and they were not transparent about what had happened, providing very little information for months. They also neglected to increase the iterations of the Password-Based Key Derivation Function on older accounts, making them far more susceptible to having those passwords eventually brute forced. Although they have remedied this post-breach, we are not comfortable using them moving forward.
If you're new to lastpass, you're likely secure at this point, but they dropped the ball with long time users.

Pros:

We used this product for years and found it extremely easy to use, but had to leave after their lack of transparency surrounding a breach. It is a good password manager and easy to use, but we are no longer comfortable using this service.

Cons:

Lack of transparency after they experienced a breach.

Retail, Self Employed

It once was a great Password Manager

Comments: We've all been there: You've been using the same password for months, only to realize that it was breached in a recent data breach and is no longer secure. Now you have to change your password on several accounts. Most password managers can't help here, since it won't know what all those new passwords are supposed to be. There was a nice feature in Lastpass that helped you change multiple passwords. That was probably their strongest feature, besides the core password management features

Pros:

A password manager helps you manage all your passwords. Each password is unique and is protected with a master password only you know. That means you can use unique, strong passwords for every account without having to remember them. This is extremely important for accounts with sensitive information like your email or banking account. Lastpass has done a great job up until recently.

Cons:

I loved using LastPass, and had been using it for over a year. After they changed their pricing model to pay for a subscription I decided to see if there were any other great password managers out there. I'm not against paying for services, but I don't like how they pulled the rug out of everyone who relied on the free version, where they get so used to the software as apart of their daily life, that it forces many to just pay the fee (many of whom would likely have never signed up in the first place if it were not free). So to me, it feels like a bait and switch, where they had this planned all along. So it's the principle for me. The smarter way (to strengthen, and not harm their brand), would have been to all along offer a freemium version and offer other extra features that a small percentage of all users are willing to pay for. Essentially they trapped people into using the free version, and are forcing people to pay to now use on multiple devices. It feels shady and left a bad taste in my mouth towards their software and brand. I've decided to look more into Mozillas free password manager. There are also those from the likes of Google's and Apple's built in password managers. After testing other products, I believe google or mozilla are the way to go, since apples is too proprietary (*they are a closed ecosystem - you can't as easily use cross platform and on other browsers)

Petter
Petter
Parish Manager in UK
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

A very good password manager!

Pros:

LastPass is one of the first software I install on any new device. I very much like it's ability to sync passwords across devices, including AutoFill even on iPhone and iPad. At the moment I couldn't do without it!

Cons:

There is nothing not to like, really. I am a massive fan.

Salma
Admin in Indonesia
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Just a few clicks of LastPass can help you log into your account easily

Comments: For team admin workers like me who need many accounts to use, I am greatly helped by lastpass

Pros:

I work as an admin where there are several accounts that I need to use. Where I work my boss facilitates me with lastpass on his laptop, the first time I used it I had no trouble at all because it is very easy to understand, I was quite helped with lastpass because I don't need to remember many passwords moreover lastpass has an autofill feature

Cons:

There is not much I don't like, it's just that I am quite annoyed when there are circumstances where I need to change certain account passwords but I am confused to update the new password on lastpass, so it continues to display old passwords so I am a bit bothered

Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

LastPass review

5.0 last month New

Pros:

LastPass is a nice tool for password management and allows you to store sensitive information securely. I like the integration browser extension, and how seamlessly it works with the login. Also, secure password suggestion is another cool feature.

Cons:

I did not encounter any major issues while working with LastPass.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Helpful If you forgot your logins very easily

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall I found it very helpful and highly recommend if you are also someone like me.

Pros:

I use Lastpass to store my passwords. As i have very bad habit of not keeping my passwords written or saved anywhere whether it is for me or for my clients. Lastpass helped me to saved them at one place and dont need to worry about keeping them save somewhere else.

Cons:

Sometimes extension cause the conflict when you try to log on a domain having multiple users

Alexandru
Inside Sales Support in Romania
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 51–200 Employees

Excellent product for high grade security

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Great feature that I can save passwords, addresses, and even card details, all in one secure place.

Cons:

It had one small bug, instead of updating the login details from a certain website, it saved the details as a new login account.

Vishal
Vishal
Junior Consultant in India
Information Technology & Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Simplifying Password Management for Seamless Security

4.0 last month New

Comments: My enjoy with LastPass has been exceptional. It has made handling passwords lots less complicated and more solid. I like how smooth it's far to use and the way it really works properly on specific devices. Even irrespective of the fact that there had been some small troubles with autofill and the unfastened version has limits, LastPass has been sincerely beneficial for maintaining my on-line debts solid and prepared.

Pros:

I realize LastPass individual friendly interface and its capability to purchase secure content material and generate complicated passwords. Its Pass platform compatibility and dependable self-enforcement high-quality simplifies password management on device structures. In addition, the potential to soundly percentage passwords with individual employees helps collaboration at the same time as keeping security.

Cons:

I've had troubles with LastPass not filling in passwords successfully on sure websites or apps. Also, the loose version has limits, like simplest working on one kind of device (both pc or cellular). But these problems are small as compared to all the great things LastPass gives for dealing with passwords

Driver in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, Self Employed

LastPass is a must have.

5.0 last month New

Comments: It has been a great saver when having to save or generate new secure passwords.

Pros:

It's easy to set up and manage passwords.

Cons:

Nothing so far at this time. It's great.

Nick
General contractor in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Last pass is exceptionally well thought out

Pros:

The ease of synchronization is key to success of this app working for my company or not. And it nailed 6on all aspects.

Cons:

Thought The color of the interface could of been brighter

Owner in US
Media Production, Self Employed

Seamless and and organizational life saver

Comments: I was hopelessly lost with endless spreadsheets and worried about keeping data secure. I found LastPass, utilized groups and autofill, and haven't looked back.

Pros:

My life is so much more organized, and logins kept secure and randomized. I never worry or stress about keeping track of the many passwords in my life - they are all random bits of data now. From the mobile app to desktop, Groups, Shares without passwords,

Cons:

Sometimes the mobile app stops filling and I have to re-enable accessibility options on android, the the fill window won't let me properly paste in info.

Rick
Director of Photography in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

LastPass - It was nice while it lasted

Comments: I've used LastPass for years but the pricing update makes it less appealing for my needs. It just feels weird to pay for something that has nothing new to offer at this point.

Pros:

I'll be honest. I liked that it was accessible across all devices for free. I could share passwords with other users on the free tier. I like that extension functionality

Cons:

The fact that they've changed their pricing structure and are now making you choose between mobile or desktop if you want to keep it free. I've started to migrate back to apple password manager.

Alhassan
Research Coordinator in Ghana
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

With LastPass, I no longer have to keep one password across all products and services I access

Comments: I no longer had to keep requesting for password changes from service providers because I simply couldn't remember what the last one was. And also Lastpass helped me rid of a lot of bad practices like sending unencrypted emails to myself with passwords, or keeping the same passwords across multiple products and services.

Pros:

Generating passwords can be very frustrating -- my choices were either too weak (and got rejected) or too complicated to remember easily without needing to note it down somewhere. To solve this problem, I would typically come up with one password every year and use it across all tools I use. And this was very risky, because once someone found it out, they could access every single thing I used. With Lastpass' robust password generator, I no longer have to worry about that. I am able to generate unique and strong passwords for each service and safely tuck it away without needing to keep it in memory.

Cons:

I wonder if there could be a system where we could create baskets of associated passwords within the general vault. This would be useful in situations where I needed someone to do some work on some work tools that required password access. I could then give them access to the general vault and the specific basket with the tools they would be using.

Julia
Project Manager in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Password Manager-Easy to Use

Comments: Overall, LastPass keeps my passwords secure and has a great autofill. It also is helpful to see where you are reusing passwords or have weak passwords.

Pros:

LastPass is very easy to use and has a great app and desktop experience. I have used a few other softwares, but LastPass seems to have the best interface with mobile and desktop. The autofill on mobile and desktop is very useful and works most of the time.

Cons:

When the app gets logged out on desktop or mobile, it can be frustrating when the autofill will not work. It also used to be free for several devices, but they now charge for this feature.

Eugenie
graphic design in Canada
Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

A very good and easy password manager storing system online

Comments: Reasonably good pricing plans for business, single users or families. Features i love are the NOTES, the notes are really important for me since I use them a lot for any type of passwords that are not used with your computer, example: your alarm system or your school locks or anything else.

Pros:

I use LastPass Business everywhere, on my desktop, my phone and all my browsers. It is very easy to use and very practical. The Strong password suggestions is very useful.

Cons:

Sharing issues I’ve had some issues with the Family sharing in the past where a family member shared a few passwords, I accidently deleted all his shared passwords in my family sharing center and that person that had shared the password just lost all his original shared passwords (from his lastpass account. I have not had this issue with the Business, but I will make test just to make sure this doesn’t happen again. Hard to get prices with the business plans.

Carla
Office Manager/Support in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great Password Manager

Comments: I have been using this software for several year. It manages my passwords and it will also manage credit card information, bank account information and other types of information you want to keep secure but at your finger tips.

Pros:

Ease of use and user interface.

Cons:

Exporting of saved password

Keith
IT director in US
Religious Institutions, 501–1,000 Employees

Review

Comments: We were looking for a solution to how to best store all our different passwords. Whether it is user accounts or website logins, we needed a secure, easy way to share program for the entire IT team. LastPass allows all of this and with the added benefit of great reports.

Pros:

The ability to get a quick report on all the activity and status of each user is awesome! I know how often the IT staff is using last pass and if everything is secure.

Cons:

When you want to retrieve passwords for things NOT tied to a specific website, it can take more clicks and time than one would want.

Entertainment, 10,000+ Employees

Easy and seemless

Pros:

The LastPass app and browser plugins work seemlessly together across whatever device I'm using. On mobile, it allows for app passwords, not only websites.

Cons:

Sometimes the Android app stops running in the background or loses its permissions. Not sure if it's an Android issue or a LastPass app issue.

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

I cannot recommend LastPass enough - it has revolutionised my life

Comments: I honestly don't think I could survive now without LastPass. I have experienced no major issues, support are very quick to respond and the assistance provided is extremely accurate.

Pros:

LastPass security is extremely high as you would expect off a company that provides a secure password service. Before I used LastPass I maintained an encrypted excel document with my various passwords, some hadn't been changed for years and lacked complexity. When they were all entered into LastPass it it automatically scored them, suggested which ones needed changing, and best of all, generated secure string passwords of 48 characters, random upper & lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. All of my accounts now have extremely long secure passwords that I do not need to remember as I just have to remember my pass phrase that logs me into LastPass and they do the rest for me. From an administrators point of view LastPass Enterprise allows the sharing of admin passwords, access of which can be restricted by Access Control Lists. This has greatly improved the reliability of admin passwords that we store. Finally searching for the passwords is extremely easy - on web pages it automatically triggers if the URL has been set up, and when manually searching simply type the name of the program/account and it will filter the list.

Cons:

The only issue I have had with LastPass is that the browser extension, when first installed, does not have a time out function. This needs to be manually set. As such inexperienced users may well end up leaving their passwords very insecure. My suggestion would be to include a "set up" introduction where the default option of a 5 minute inactivity logout could be modified to however the user desires it. This would ideally need to be done before the browser extension becomes fully live.

Quentin
Quentin
Data Integration Specialist in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Feel secure with your passwords and identity

Comments: Overall I couldn't do internet life without it! From Banks, work sites to free account sites, I need a vault for all of these passwords. LastPass does that.

Pros:

Keeping unique passwords safe is no longer a concern with LastPass. Now I feel comfortable using complex passwords and know I've not used that password for other sites. Also having it automatically populate the username/password on most internet sites is really nice. LastPass also provides a password check to go through all your passwords and tell you how many are old, been compromised (publicly known hacked sites), used on multiple sites, etc. That helps you when you get a notice that an email/password combination for one site was compromised. Change for that one site, verify what other sites use that password too (shouldn't but we do, right) and change to be more secure and prevent hackers getting into your sites, stealing identity, etc.

Cons:

Not being able to log into lastpass for free on both mobile and desktop. I understand the company need to make money. Searching through many passwords saved can be hard at times but overall can find what you are looking for. Haven't seen new features for awhile so maybe something being worked on in the backend of the software?

Favio
Internal Sales Representative in Nicaragua
Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

All your passwords secured and easy to access

Comments: In general, Lastpass it's a GREAT app, has it all, secure storage of my sensitive data, password generation, easy to fill out the info in every app or site I use on a daily basis, can access my password from anywhere, and, best of all, I only need to remember 1 Master Password.

Pros:

I really like how easy is to access all my passwords with just a few clicks, no need to remember them, and can set up a different one for each site or app I use every day, also, I don't waste any time creating a new one using the "generate secure password" option, allowing me to comply with any password requirement, and, with the Premium Plan, now I have unlimited access from any computer or mobile device, saving me a lot of time and headaches.

Cons:

There have been concerns regarding how secure the app and the site are, but, after all the time I have spent using Lastpass I have no doubts all my information is in a secure place, however, the only thing I was not happy with was to choose from which device I would need to continue using the service, desktop or mobiles, unless I upgraded to Premium, was thinking about doing it anyway, but, didn{t like to be forced to do it.

🌿Tim
🌿Tim
Senior iOS Developer in Austria
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Great password storage for the average adult

Pros:

LastPass provides the ability to store passwords in the cloud for retrieval over many devices. This allows for users to create unique, complex and long passwords for each service they use without the worry of having to remember them. This as a result vastly improves the average user's security because they will have difficult to crack unique passwords for every service. So even if 1 password is compromised others are not. Before using this software I had a number of hacks on a few services i used because one password shared over many websites was compromised. Since I moved to lastPass this hasnt happened. Its also very affordable for family use offering very cheap family packages and allowing sharing between users. I use it with my whole family and since the whole family has switched we haven't had any compromised passwords. Finally its very easy to use. Which does provide some security flaws but is in my opinion a great compromise for the average user. Often security and ease of use collide, i think that Lastpass handles this in the best possible way for the average user

Cons:

Simply the fact that passwords are stored online rather than in an offline repository could provide an attack vector. But this is offset by ease of use and password sharing between devices. I also don't know the physical location that the password server i use is located. This could compromise my accounts to foreign actors.

Madhu
Madhu
UK
Graphic Design, Self Employed

One-word: Indispensable - One of the greatest apps ever made.

Pros:

Lastpass has 10 key pros: 1) Password generation and auto filling LastPass generate secure passwords for every website you use. It saves them as well and automatically logs into the website. This means you can create passwords that are very difficult for hackers to guess, without having the trouble of remembering them. 2) Form fill You can set up profiles with all your details allowing Lastpass to automatically fill in online forms for you. You can even set up profiles for obscure details. You can switch between profiles, which is handy if you have multiple email accounts or phone numbers. 3) Automatic password changing For certain sites, Lastpass will automatically change your password. This makes it a breeze to change your passwords on a regular basis, which is a good way to keep secure. 4) Alerts when a website has been hacked If a website is known to be hacked, Lastpass will alert you to change your password. This will make sure that the hacker is stuck with an old password that is useful for them. 5) Hardware authentication Lastpass can be linked to a hardware device such as your mobile phone. That way, in order to login to your account, you will need your mobile, which keeps your account very secure. 6) Password sharing You can share passwords. This is very useful in an office where multiple people might have access to the same website. 7) Excellent interface The interface is very streamlined. It automatically pops up when you need it and then disappears when you don’t. 8) Multi-platform Lastpass works on all platforms including Windows, Mac, Android. On mobile, it can even work with apps, which is a big time saver. 9) Password audit Lastpass can audit your passwords to search for insecurities (such as duplicate passwords, old passwords or hacked passwords) 10) It’s free Remarkably all these features are free (apart from Password sharing which is only in the premium plan).

Cons:

Lastpass has one con. On certain websites it can forget to save the password you created, which will lock you out of the site. This is very rare, but it is annoying when it happens. As a workaround you can copy the password to your clipboard when it is created. That way, if it forgets to save the password, you can just paste it back into its database of your passwords.