ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

• Overall

About ESET Endpoint Security

Endpoint security tool that eliminates various types of threats, including viruses, malware, ransomware, rootkits, worms and spyware.

Learn more about ESET Endpoint Security

James M.
Warehouse Specialist
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees

"Love it"

Comments: It save's me on a regular basis visiting sites that more often than not try to run scripts that install bots, malware, miners, etc. This software does a fantastic job of blocking the attempts of the scripts and I wouldn't run a non-VM (sandbox) without. It's absolutely a crucial tool for my online peace of mind.

Pros: It's small memory/processor usage footprint and is ability to monitor and stop browser threats before they can run and harm my computer.

Cons: Never like the breakdown of the ui or having to find things. A search bar or better menu's and categorizing could help. Even as an IT expert sometimes I'll have to google to find exactly where I'd been not looking for 5 minutes trying to find something.

Chinyere E.
Imaging sciencist
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2018

"AWESOME"

Comments: MY COMPUTER, PHONES AND TABLETS ARE SECURE. MY ONLINE BANKING IS ALWAYS SECURE

Pros: With the security provided by ESET, the self-replicating codes of viruses don't stand a chance of reaching the heart and brain of my computer that is the CPU accordingly protecting my system and the data it contains.
ESET can detect the spyware and other suspicious files used by hackers, alert me and proceed to block them from entering my computer system.
Notorious viruses are self-replicating and can be transferred to other computers while being disguised as ordinary data. The people you share the data with will obliviously spread the virus. Even if the corrupted data didn't originate from my machine, ESET would help you detect the threat before it reaches the next unprotected person.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2018
Head of IT
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2020

"Excellent but needs better cloud admin"

Comments: Generally we have had a very positive experience with ESET. The product itself is very lean and has very good scanning results.

Pros: We have used ESET for over 15 years. The product is solid from a security perspective. Its very low resource and dosn't slow machines down. We are very confident machines are protected when ESET is installed.

Cons: ESET have always been slow when it comes to cloud based administration and deployment. Once they get this sorted they will lead the space. We have had a lot of issues with their cloud admin portal, either not working or being slow. Their reseller portal is also poor and could do with a re design.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2020
Larry R.
Utilities, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2018

"It spots many email hacks before I open the email."

Comments: More production, because I am not interrupted by "Hacks".
That's why while I worked part time at Walmart electronics, I simple gave the customer a slip of paper, "ESET Nod 32" and they would report back, "That's better than Norton!"

Pros: It works in the background, so when I have several windows open, its still got my back. Stopping all suspicious network activity before I have a chance to save my work. I am a fellow of few words so maybe you would consider purchasing the new ESET Endpoint Security.

Cons: The new version already got rid of the "con" for me. No Icon on the screen. With that said, I am a fellow of few words so maybe you would consider purchasing the new ESET Endpoint Security.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2018
Mozaffar A.
Director I.T.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2018

"extremely easy to use and manage. very robust and comprehensive"

Comments: protection and security for web site and e-mail

Pros: easy to install and manage.
Improved protection against viruses and malware in real-time.
Professional designed and user friendly interface.
Email scanning easily integrates with Windows Live Mail, Outlook, and Thunderbird.
Protection when using social networking sites.
30-day money back guarantee

Cons: Advanced settings can be difficult to locate on the interface.
Although tech support is offered at no cost, its availability is rather limited to email, video tutorials, and forums. There is no live chat or phone support.
Software does not indicate how often it checks for new definitions and software updates.
But overall it is very good software

Undergraduate
Civil Engineering, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2020

"Protect your PC"

Comments: I used this protection for my Laptop. It could keep my Laptop safe from virus.

Pros: ESET Endpoint Security is one of most powerful protection form virus,malware etc.it is scanned my external hard drives very well. So that we can keep our PC Laptop without virus problems.

Cons: I had to pay for this protection. I can not find any free version for this. Usually ram usage is high.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2020
Technology Director
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2018

"Easy to use and administrate and low on false positives."

Comments: I felt that overall ESET Security Endpoint was a solid product and did what I perceived to be a great job stopping external threats and helped prevent our users from causing threats internally.

Pros: In comparison to other business grade AV software that I've used in the past, ESET Endpoint Security was relatively easy to roll out to my organization. I felt that it did a great job blocking potential threats from the outside and even helped prevent our users from making errant mistakes from within as well.

Cons: Unfortunately, I found it more than a little difficult to get the admin console installed for the version of the software that I had. Additionally, the annual renewal costs seemed in my opinion to be a bit steep for what I felt I was getting.

Romay zuleima F.
Docente Agregado
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2018

"Reliable safety for the equipment avoiding damages"

Comments: Every day I use my computer to do works about education reseraches, check e-mails and read news. For these reasons, it it is necessary to have my computer under security of hurts o damages caused by any kind of virus from internet.

Pros: It analyzes fastly, the analysis becomes real time without interruptions during the search or navigation and its update is automatic. It is not necessary to be an expert to use it

Cons: To know with accuracy the adapted versions for Window operating systems. In some opportunities when the notification of "mistake" appears, it is a bit complicated to detect it and the steps to continuing for the solution of the problem. Also, to deactivate the product for the solution of problems might put in risk the system. Few threats are not detected

• Reviewed on 02/05/2018
Yasmin M.
Personal docente
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2018

"With this antivirus I feel much more secure."

Comments: With Eset Endpoint I feel more secure since I know that my files are protected with this antivirus. In the past I lost a lot of files because I checked pages or opened messages that probably contained viruses. I do not have that problem anymore. Hopefully other people decide to install this program so that they have this same feeling of security

Pros: ESET Endpoint is a very robust software that prevents and blocks different types of attacks in a web full of threats. It's light so it does not take up much space on my computer. It is updated periodically. The complete analysis function goes to the last corner of our team in search of threats. Really this application is a real wall against viruses, trojans and malware

Cons: Initially, the configuration process is a little difficult, which is why it is worth seeking the help of a tutorial since its customer service does not provide immediate answers. At least I have not had the fortune to be answered immediately.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2018
Jose B.
IT MANAGER
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2017

"It is the anti-virus that we use in the company. I administer it and install the users."

Comments: My company's network is protected from threats such as viruses and spyware. So far, the few recorded incidents of threats, the ESET has been able to control them.

Pros: I like that it does not consume a lot of hardware resources, it is very light. In the operating systems where I have tried it, it works very well, it is not a "heavy load for the system". I like that it is easy to use. The centralized administration console is very wide. The reports are easy to understand and the central console is very functional, I like that it adapts to different platforms and there are no problems, it works correctly. The activations of the licenses is very easy, everything is done online.

Cons: The support in Venezuela is not so good. I have noticed that the staff of this software knows it less than me. It is not as obvious as to avoid revisions of time machines within the mac. It is not so easy to make massive installations on several MacOS machines in a corporate network.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2017
Robert T.
Sales & Marketing Manager
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2018

"Best security today"

Comments: Long term users due to confidence in the product, and plus all the tests are showing the quality of this product...

Pros: We have had in our company many different companies in Security department, and the only one that stayed more than 5 years is ESET Endpoint Security. We mainly use it for Antivirus, which monitors our internal network with more than 200 points. It is really important to have a top quality product Security wise, as our customers are expecting top service. It would not be nice for our customers, as well as for our administration to have Security problems on our network. Highly recommendable product

Cons: When the validity expires the software slows down a bit and is not checking the security, there should be some 2-3 weeks period with fully functional software (to get new keys...)

• Reviewed on 13/09/2018
Maneesha D.
Information System Administrator
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"cool virus guard for easy of use"

Comments: best virus guard i have ever use , that was cool not a headache to computer than other virus guard that effect with slow the computer while running

Pros: it will not harm of take much memory or didn't slow the computer

Cons: most the thing suffering about its capture the game EXE

• Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Cristian T.
Asesor
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2018

"a good way to protect your personal data and avoid intrusions."

Comments: It has helped me to keep my system free of infection despite the multiple viruses, trojans, rootkit, and others that swarm through the network and especially found in pages of torrent type.

Pros: it is a very light software that does not require a very powerful system to work without freezing or slowing down the system.
Its updating process is daily and sometimes even more than once a day which helps to keep the system protected from the latest infections.
Its analysis process is quite fast and deep, warning of suspicious objects that other antivirus ignore. Personally, I think it is a good system and about the possibility of activating the heuristic analysis system that provides even more protection.

Cons: I do not think I have many things against, it has worked perfectly for me. Maybe I would change the combination of colors that are somewhat dark.

• Reviewed on 02/07/2018
Debi C.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2020

"Eset is easy to download and effective"

Comments: I purchased eset on the recommendation of an employee of micro center.

Pros: Easy to download to additional computers. I got support from micro center when I needed help with my download.

Cons: The cost was more than some of the other programs. I used it for several years thought because of the support I got at microcenter.

• Reviewed on 06/10/2020
Jordan D.
IT Manager
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2018

"Love the AV, not a fan of the Remote Administration"

Comments: Switched from Sophos several years ago to ESET and have not had a major infection since. ESET has been reliable and for the most part easy to manage. Most of my complaints are with the v6+ Administrative center and endpoint software. Some of my complaints were addressed and handled in future releases of the software. Reporting, especially the web control reporting, remains an issue in v6. ESET not even providing a pre-built report for that portion of their software. At the end of the day, what really matters is the end point security, and ESET is where I go every time I need AV, whether it is on my person computers, work computers, or those of friends and family.

Pros: Secure and Reliable AV without a huge impact on performance
Priced competitively
Centralized management with AD Integration

Cons: Reporting is lacking in accuracy and robustness
License management is slightly annoying, endpoints always duplicating and eating up the licensing
No transparent way to esnure End Points have the latest version of the core application automatically

• Reviewed on 03/10/2018
Tami S.
asst. digital merchandiser
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2021

"ESET Endpoint Security Review"

Comments: A huge part of my job entails scanning the web for certain sites and i have to know that I am protected. It would be devastating to my work and my company should any data be compromised so security is a huge concern of mine. Working remote is the future and I have to be protected at all times, and the protection I get from ESET Endpoint Security is vital to my success.

Pros: I love how ESET has multiple layers of protection, so I know that all of my devices are protected. Now that I am working remotely it's more important than ever to ensure the security of my companies data. I love how there are multiple reports in the platform that lets you customize your own reporting if you need to drill down further. It scans and protects without slowing down my systems which is my #1 priority working from home!

Cons: This isn't actually a con but the pop ups when you need to run an update get so annoying BUT that is a good thing, I should just get in the habit of updating immediately!

• Reviewed on 09/06/2021
Robert C.
IS&T Director
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2019

"ESET"

Comments: Again, we've been using for over 6 years. The customer support is fantastic, and the product just works. I have even purchased the home version for myself.

Pros: This is a very light endpoint security agent. The management portal is great, and allows for update and patch management for all endpoints.

Cons: I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this software. We've been using for over 6 years, and it works great.

• Reviewed on 09/12/2019
economist
Wholesale, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2020

"Strong protection of machine learning terminals"

Comments: In total, we have been protected from all ransomware attacks for about 8 years, with the exception of a few cases, which Eset quickly resolved. The system was also able to prevent several zero attacks, with which, for example, our suppliers had problems, which strengthened our position in the market.

Pros: an integrated sandbox that can detect malware that tries to mask its activity and avoids detection by standard AV techniques. Thanks to the cloud, the network is protected before the next virus database update is released, which saves time. Eset also has low system requirements, which allows the use of older hardware.In addition, the livegrid system collects information from all over the world, and thanks to this system, computer scans are also significantly shortened, as there are no scans of files whose reputation has already been verified in the system.

Cons: price, speed of implementation - initially, there was a problem with training workers, which took some time, but now we don't have to worry about almost anything.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2020
Angela L.
Director of Operations
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2021

"Protect your Computers"

Comments: ESET helps keep my computer safe under all circumstances; Whether I'm out working at a coffee shop or in the office managing emails, I trust that I will not lose my computer to malware or spyware.

Pros: The product is extremely easy to download and set up. When it detects a potential threat, a notification pops up which tells you the nature of the threat and how it has stopped and/or removed it. You can allow it to scan your whole computer or scan specific things prior to downloading and opening. There are also options for password managers, home security management, anti-theft for your device(s), data encryption and safe browsers for banking and finances. I especially like the webcam management so you can prevent certain apps and programs from using it and get a notification if an attempt is made.

Cons: Honestly, I've had no issues. The price seems relatively comparable to similar products but the user experience works well. It would be nice if we could turn off notifications for a specific period of time. Sometimes if I'm on a public network, I'll get multiple notices of system attacks and I don't need to get them over and over.

• Reviewed on 16/03/2021
Paul M.
I.T. & Telecoms Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2020

"Good, but could be great"

Comments: Feel very protected, just not the easiest management console to confirgure with

Pros: We've been using ESET endpoint security for a number of years and in that time have had no infections. Real time monitoring picks up iffy websites any staff may venture onto. A whole host of reports available that you can manually edit content and schedule- windows updates is a useful one!
Central management works a treat !
Can drilldown to a lot of information about pcs/servers from the management console

Cons: Setting policies and tasks isn't too bad to configure but does require training/practice. Not the easiest management tool to get your head around unfortunately.
That's my only real gripe!

• Reviewed on 06/04/2020
Senior IT Engineer
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2019

"An adaptable anti-virus that can be customised for each device it is on"

Comments: I have used ESET for several years and have generally been very happy with it. The main issues I have had with it are related to updating the software or installation of it where it occasionally fails to do so automatically via the various tasks referenced in Pros thus resulting in manual intervention being required.
The admin portal could do with an update as it seems mildly dated and some of the features are needlessly difficult to modify - triggers on certain tasks for instance do not seem to be able to be edited, instead they must be deleted and re-created.

Pros: Easy to set up tasks for specific groups
Can set up dynamic groups to facilitate running of certain tasks e.g. GPO installs eset agent, eset detects client with agent but no AV, adds to "No AV" dynamic group, task runs that installs AV, ESET detects AV installed but not activated, adds to "AV not activated" dynamic group, task runs that activates AV, ESET detects out of date database, adds to AV out of date dynamic group, task updates AV, etc.
Support are very quick to respond and are able to provide comprehensive guides on features.

Cons: Sometimes tasks fail for no detectable reason and the only way to fix is to manually run the task. This can be time consuming.
Some viruses are not removed by ESET, this results in the need to run a script to delete the offending files.

• Reviewed on 14/01/2019
CS Specialist
Information Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2019

"If you wanna the best antivirus, purchase this software"

Comments: The antivirus solution from ESET is currently the best on the market. It is more expensive, but you get perfect protection for your money.

Pros: + daily update of virus database
+ system administrators can set-up/manage/handle employees' tools through ERA
+ real-time file system protection

Cons: - a little bit high costs (paid license)
- missing apps for iOS devices
- web access protection sometimes blocks valid web sites

• Reviewed on 25/09/2019
Mark L.
IT Engineer
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2019

"Eset Endpoint Security (Business)"

Comments: Which? has recently awarded Eset's Antivirus Product its highest score in the "Best Buy" for "paid for" products. The small footprint and speed of its scanning engine is impressive coupled with its VB100 record and free upgrade to new versions make Eset an obvious choice. It doesn't slow your machine down on scanning and is sympathetic in its notifications to cause the least disruption to your workflow. On the whole I would recommend Eset Endpoint Security highly it does what it says on the tin and with minimal fuss.

Pros: Eset Endpoint Security is a business offering of a comprehensive suite of Security products including authentication, encryption and antiviral products for multi platform. The business licenses can be purchased in blocks of 5 for a 1 to 3 year duration. The product contains antivirus, firewall, antispam, device control and web filtering. The software footprint is small and its scanning engines speed is impressive against its competition. Eset has passed each one of its VB100 labtests never missing an in the wild virus. Licensing is flexible and new versions are free as long as you hold a valid license. On demand scans can be immediate or scheduled and Esset pride themselves on keeping false positives to a minimum. Eset's support team are knowledgeable and helpful and will happily remote to your machine using ISLOnline to resolve any issues you may have. The business product can be managed by a Remote Administration Console making easy to update and configure all the Eset software on your network.

Cons: Because of Eset's comprehensive suite of products it is adviseable to get an Eset agent or Eset themselves to carry out the intial setup. As you drill through the menu's the compexity of the product becomes very evident. The home user security product contains helpful context sensitive messages to aid with its configuration but the messages produced by the business product require some technical knowledge. The firewall part of the product can be sensitive to minor network changes and block printers and devices which are contained in the secure zone. This can be very frustrating for users who have shares on thier PC which are needed by other users.

• Reviewed on 24/02/2019
Lourdes P.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2020

"Lightweight But Tough Virus and Web Protection"

Comments: I have been an ESET user since 2005. Back then there was only ESET NOD32 and it has grown a lot since with various platform protection. I am very pleased that they have not changed their style of being lightweight and easy to install (no-brainer installation and management) that I recommend it for use to friends and colleagues. I have never ever had any virus problems with ESET which is the main reason why I am confident when I recommend it even to clients. One really gets the value for his/her money with a license purchase from ESET.

Pros: It is lightweight, meaning it does not need too much resources to run in the operating system. This is the best selling factor for me of ESET NOD32, especially when compared to Norton or McAfee. The value for money is greater than Kaspersky, another antivirus product which I think is just as good as ESET. ESET is also easy to install and hassle-free. It takes very little time and supervision to install this and as long as you have fast internet, downloading the latest updates and modules is also fast and easy.

Cons: The only thing I didn't like about ESET's range of security products is that there are different version for different devices that I have to purchase them separately if I wanted an all-around ESET protection. It would be nice if there is a way to get discount on, say, mobile licenses if you already have the full Windows/Mac product purchased. I had to purchase a separate license for my Android phone - it would have been nice if I could just use the same license.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2020
Marcel U.
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2021

"Fast and reliable"

Pros: I use ESET Endpoint Security for a number of years and am very pleased. It's fast, takes up little system memory and is constantly equipped with even better engines and options. ESET LiveGrid is a great option. ESET live grid is a system that collects information from vulnerabilities and potential threats around the world. When this is enabled, the antivirus program, working with Eset Live Grid, can detect and remove the most recently found threats from the system.

Cons: In a business environment, you cannot verify that all systems are running a version of ESET. This should be possible so that you protect all systems and do not skip one.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2021