15 years helping Australian businesses

Trellix Endpoint Security Reviews

4.2 (1,804) Write a Review!

About Trellix Endpoint Security

Endpoint protection solution providing security management and real-time data collection for desktops, virtual systems, and servers.

Learn more about Trellix Endpoint Security

Pros:

Customer Support is pleasant and quick to reply. The program is constantly being updated.

Cons:

The expense incurred in the protection against cyber security attack is a trade-off of having an unused personal computer. It is a burden for low income level people.

Trellix Endpoint Security ratings

4.2
4.1
4.2
4.0

7.7/10

Trellix Endpoint Security has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 1,804 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Trellix Endpoint Security before?

Filter reviews (1,804)

Przemek
Przemek
Lead, Infrastructure Specialist in Poland
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

I am sure about my endpoints security.

Comments: I am overall very satisfied with Trellix Endpoint Security. As end user I feel safe about my data and my machine and even when I make some risky actions when distracted for example click inappropriate link, I can rely on Trellix to warn me about the risk. As Trellix administrator I am satisfied with update release timeframes and once everything is set up there is nothing to worry about.

Pros:

Trellix is a product with long history inherited from Mcaffee. You can see this when using the software as it has all security components and functions you could imagine, and it provides complexed endpoint security. The modules are very well integrated with each other which works very good in case some threats are present in the environment.

Cons:

As I am also responsible for preparation of the product for installation and installation on end machines, I have struggled few times to do my job. I have faced issues with configuration, updates and installation. However, none of these issues stopped me from finishing my tasks but were just obstacles on my way. Thanks to good documentation and vendor support all problem were quickly resolved.

Evelyn
Evelyn
Media Producer in Mexico
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Awesome security and device control

Comments: I started using it on my personal laptop and then I asked for it at my 9-5pm job. Is very easy to use, I don't fear any viruses or threats to come into my devices and we can set policies for external devices to use.

Pros:

Is easy and convenient to use. The real-time monitoring with reports helps to do fewer efforts when it comes to verifying work. The device control is very handy so you can decide what kind of devices are allowed and which ones to block.

Cons:

Sometimes the time's policy can fail on the endpoint due to communications failure but is not so often. Furthermore, that is very easy to use, it does the job it is made for.

Nico
Network and Security Systems Administrator in Bahamas
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Responds to potential incidents and add intelligence to the analysis of incoming records

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Highly compatible with our systems needs and very capable of coping with emerging threats.

Pros:

Being a user friendly software, Trellix Endpoint Security ensures consistency of the analysis and response to indications of potential incidents. It extends the capabilities of log management systems with addition of specific analytical and contextual functions. It is designed to support real-time monitoring defending the system against unauthorized access and intrusion. It has proven to be good and reliable. It has acted as a crucial tool to safeguard our computing environments and data.

Cons:

Best and flawless tool against firewall, antivirus, spyware detection and password protection. They are all working well for us.

Edgar
Manager in Colombia
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

A classic antivirus backed by his brand

Comments: Admittedly, McAfee is an industry leader with solutions that are always up-to-date in their protection features, giving you peace of mind that you have a good protection software tool. Whenever possible, McAfee will be one of the best alternatives that exist in the market for this type of software.

Pros:

I have known about the McAfee solution for decades; I remember that in the first computers that I acquired they were always given to me with McAfee installed or, failing that, the only known brand of antivirus to buy and install was McAfee. You felt protected because you had that tool on your computer, which is why today it is for me a classic in this industry, a classic that is backed by its name, because we know that McAfee is synonymous with a good product, with quality and guarantee to fulfill its job. It is known and I must admit it, McAfee is one of the manufacturers of protection software that guides this industry and the market, for this reason the solutions they offer are always at the forefront, their solutions are robust and complete to really offer total protection. , which I no longer consider an advantage in McAfee, it is already part of its added value.

Cons:

From my point of view, I like simplicity, I consider that excess is harmful because when you have such a complete solution and that allows you such a detailed configuration of what you want, it forces it to have a certain behavior in its performance. , and honestly, for me, this is reflected in the total performance of the computer: it becomes slower, which is not to the liking of many people. It may be that my computer is more protected by using a McAfee solution, but I don't want it to be slower than it was before installing that tool. I know that my computer tends to get slow when using McAfee, the most unpleasant thing is that an OS update forces or suggests you to use it. It is very common in Windows updates that, among one of many, you install a McAfee client without realizing it, and I say without realizing it because when you put automatic updates (for the convenience of the user) you suddenly realize that your computer is already slower and self-installed (you didn't see the update details to say no) that tool, and when you already have antivirus software installed previously, McAfee detects it as malware or something that needs to be removed from your computer.

Valentina
Finance Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Trellix Endpoint Security is Powerful

Pros:

I like the effective features of Trellix Endpoint Security. Trellix Endpoint Security has been brilliant.

Cons:

Trellix Endpoint Security is accurate. I do not dislike Trellix Endpoint Security at all.

Chanaka
Chanaka
Civil Engineer in Sri Lanka
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Good endpoint security option with room to improve

Comments: McAfee's endpoint security is a useful and vital tool for users who seek enhanced security for their devices. With device encryption and an enhanced detection engine, higher security than a typical security system is provided. With frequent updates, McAfee secures users from the latest threats. And the user interface is okay too. But McAfee tends to overload the resources therefore a device with a higher-level performance is needed. Also sometimes false detection occurs which is alarming for users with less knowledge about computers.

Pros:

Endpoint security by McAfee has a good detection system compared to windows defender and several other security tools. And with regular updates, McAfee ensures higher protection from the latest threats. And the user interface seems quite easy and comfortable for users. Considering the detection engine and security, McAfee was able to protect the device from many threats during usage, and I have never encountered any malware that could bypass McAfee security. Additionally, users can secure their data using the encryption methods available.

Cons:

Sometimes McAfee identifies even normal files as threats and removes the files so that's an issue I have faced with McAfee. And McAfee tends to overload the device making overall performance slower. I felt significant lagging after the integration of the McAfee security system. And I would like it if McAfee is able to increase its scanning functionality.

Uzair
Uzair
Resident Engineer in Pakistan
Oil & Energy, 5,001–10,000 Employees

An effective antivirus product from one of the leading security companies

Comments: We use McAfee Endpoint Security as a primary security solution to protect our infrastructure nodes. We have also integrated it with McAfee EPolicyOrchestrator (EPO) in order to manage all the ENS nodes from a single console.

Pros:

Its ability to integrate seamlessly in all the major OS (Windows, Linux, Mac OS) and granular level of customization to suit specific needs are one of the greatest features in ENS. Also, with its additional modules, we can further enhance its capabilities to achieve maximum protection.

Cons:

It would be better if it has the feature of determining the missing critical OS updates.

bojosi
student in Botswana
Logistics & Supply Chain, 201–500 Employees

The best protection against viruses

Comments: it was very good am even looking forward to being a lifetime user

Pros:

it offers the best security and frequent anti-virus checks

Cons:

the fact that it has this pop-up setting where it's sometimes hard to reduce or delete the pop-up notification

Zaza
Zaza
IT Manager in Georgia
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

McAfee Endpoint Security Review

Comments: Neutral. Sometimes can't find some viruses and spyware.

Pros:

Easy deployment. Intuitive user interface.

Cons:

Sometimes slow performance. Can't stop some kind viruses.

Thu Htoo
Network Enginner in Myanmar
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Monthly Use

4.0 last month New

Pros:

That can be scan real-time production and solve easily

Cons:

Not to say. That is really good software.

Alhassan
Research Coordinator in Ghana
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

nothing gets past McAfee without getting thoroughly checked

Comments: My devices never suffered from malware infiltration or crashes while I used McAfee because it was designed to effectively pre-empt and remove threats before they cause irredeemable damage to devices or cause damage and loss of files. Also, protection extended to both online and offline activity. Ignoring the pricing lapses and stubborn notifications, it has been a really great product to use.

Pros:

Malware detection was very potent, often catching viruses and other threat forms on thumb drives cleared by other devices operating different anti-virus software. The added password management feature certainly adds a secondary level of security and device access management. Finally, I admire how it conducts real time threat assessments in the background without interfering with your ongoing tasks, and only calls for action only when certain kinds of threats are detected. The automation of many of the key processes is really great for undisrupted workflow.

Cons:

The constant notifications on product upgrades was very annoying, and somehow could never be disabled because it kept popping up regardless. Secondly, the pricing packages are a bit murky and unclear.

Waldemar
Change manager in Poland
Information Technology & Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

McAfee - affordable, simple and effective antivirus software

Comments: I found McAfee to be a versatile security suite offering not only standard antivirus endpoint protection but also a wide-selection of useful tools and features, I am extremely fond of the product and I've been ultilizing it on both my company and personal PC's for years at this point.
It is definatelly my go-to antivirus software and I can recommend it to anyone.

Pros:

McAfee is an affordable all-purpose security suite. In my view the product offers an unmatched price-to-quality ratio. McAfee provides an effective threat-fightning toolkit including covering not only the basic end-point protection but also quick clean for cache management, ransom-guard, web booster and many more. .

Cons:

The database updates although not as straining on the system as what I have experienced using other products are still legthy and I see there is a space for improvement.

Dwayne
Owner in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

McAfee Endpoint Security is the only security I trust with my business.

Comments: My overall experience is that I am protected. I see the amount of attacks my network defends on a daily basis and that is enough for me to know that McAfee is doing it's job. My network is pounded on a daily basis and the fact that not one of them has gotten through means a lot to me.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to use. I like the look of it. And the protection it provides me and my business on a daily basis. The cost is relative to the services you receive. I get a great price with two years protection.

Cons:

The program runs a little slow at times. This makes it using McAfee somewhat frustrating.

Faith
Data Officer in US
Insurance, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Data Security

Comments: It is easy to use and successfully protects us from malware and intrusions.

Pros:

Firstly, it was easy to deploy in our organization and it didn't take us time to implement everything and have a secure work environment. It works seamlessly with our devices and other software that we use. It doesn't slow down our hardware demanding system but rather cleans it to have a smooth experience. It is easy to use with a self explanatory dashboard and non technical language to ensure smooth usage. It covers both data security and network security to ensure that our system is fully protected.

Cons:

They need to be updating it frequently and bring in smart computer notifications that do not block content when using the computer.

Ronald
Engineering Manager in US
Plastics, 51–200 Employees

Good Deal

Comments: I have been using McAfee for many years and it has always worked good for me. Only once did I get a virus before I installed McAfee. I installed it, it found the virus and eradicated it.

Pros:

It works in the background and you wouldn't even know it's there. I have never had a virus since I started using it and it doesn't slow my computer down

Cons:

A popup that tells you that it did a scan once in a while might be nice, but IO do like how it runs in the background and doesn't interfere with what I'm doing. Other than that I don't have any problems with this software

salman
Asst Manager in Pakistan
Automotive, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Threat prevention, Firewall, Web control and ATP in single pack

Comments: Its Easy to be managed and deploy antivirus software remotely that provides the signature as soon as any attack is reported.

Pros:

Its perfect product for client side firewall, Web control and Threat prevention. Its easy to be deployed via EPO and reporting features are awesome. Some basic level DLP features are also available in the suite.

Cons:

Bulk modification at client side is difficult. Troubleshooting functionalities are limited. Deletion is not a easy task if we want to revoke from a system

Internet, 201–500 Employees

In a world with a lot of security options, it's hard to pick just one

Comments: We used McAfee for two years when we decided to cancel our license. This decision was 100% because another company offered us a deal we couldn't refuse. I don't want to name the other company because I know the deal is no longer offered. Long story short, this new tools seems to make my computer run a little faster, and they claim to be just as secure. I have never suffered a major security breach at any company I have worked with, and I am glad I haven't. Who is to say whether that is coincidence or whether these tools are doing their job. At the end of the day, buying any security tool is a bit like buying a body guard. There's always going to be someone that could take that guard down with the right amount of force. You have to find the guard that makes you feel safe and helps you sleep at night. I never lost a single night's sleep with McAfee, and I have maybe lost one or two with this new company. You have to find the guard that is right for you.

Pros:

Great interface. Everything about McAfee's brand and tools feels and looks professional. I can tell that they take security very seriously. I have had minimal interaction with their Support Team, and my issues were quickly resolved. Set up is extremely quick and self explanatory. Getting my team set up was done in less than a week after purchase, and McAfee has been doing it's job quietly in the background ever since. Because it's such a widely used tool, most problems can be solved with a quick Google search. Which is a huge plus for a guy like me.

Cons:

I am not tech savvy enough to understand why, but I feel that McAfee slows my system down more than some of the alternatives I have used. And I am fairly tech savvy. It's really frustrating to adopt tools that are supposed to improve your safety, but it's hard to love them when they are reducing your productivity. That being said, if you are vetting these tools for a large company, I would imagine this slowdown is well worth the peace of mind McAfee can otherwise bring. I feel like scans can take longer than expected sometimes, making it difficult to find the right time of day to perform them (in the morning it can halt a teammate's productivity, but at the end of the day it could extend past closing time). I always hate to mention price as a con, especially for things that can save your millions of dollars, but McAfee is not cheap. I'll let you work out whether or not that matters for you and your business.

Turan
IT in Türkiye
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Trellix for Endpoint Security

Comments: We gathered the structure that is followed in many branches under a single structure. As a process, management from a single point has become simpler and easier. Thanks to its customizable structure, we can make separate configurations for all processes. Our time and resource savings increased by 20-30%.

Pros:

The Trellix brand emerged after the combination of McAfee Enterprise and FireEye, two important players in the market. It has the ability to support multiple operating systems such as Linux, Mac, Windows. Thanks to its powerful XDR (threat detection and detection analysis), it is one step ahead of its peers. It has an active structure in all current management processes thanks to machine learning, threat intelligence and extensible structure. Prevention against ransom attacks, spy and malware protection, protection and firewall, internet and web protection, active protection, e-mail protection and DLP active features.

Cons:

The administration panel has a complex structure. Having too many options for installation and configuration, this makes the user tiring.

Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

McAfee antivirus program for the total protection of our computing devices

Comments: Protection provides the fastest protection against malicious threats to the computer, as it has a large database that online fights viruses and malware that constantly attack our different computers, which makes our work environment safer. and reliable against access to our privileged information.

Pros:

Something that I like about this antivirus, besides being one of the fastest and most recognized in the market, is the analysis it performs on our equipment is that there are no interruptions with Scheduler & Idle Timer, generating a defensive shield on our computer devices, for another part smart alerts allows us to more efficiently manage our security states. Another interesting thing is that the Mcafee allows us to delete doubtful files from the security of the program.

Cons:

In my experience the QuickClean program did not completely eliminate the junk programs of my computer equipment and at certain times it overstretched the processor of my PC causing it to lose performance in RAM memory. In addition, the protection against dangerous websites with the software in some cases limits the access to some pages that by the design of their security and their respective certificates prevents entry to these pages by default, which generates an additional workload at certain times .

Computer Networking, 51–200 Employees

Mcfeee Endpoint Security

Comments: It was not entirely appropriate, although it is very stable (it does not generate any crash of the service). The protection against malware in real time is efficient but against viruses, they need to extend the database more against them. Uninstalling the agent is not necessary administrative privileges are needed, therefore it is not recommended for any end user.

Pros:

The solution can work silently. It allows to protect the mail electronic, web mail, peer-to-peer applications, instant messaging, communications via Skype, type of transfer (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, Wi-Fi), media (USB, CD, DVD) , the printers, the fax. - Supervision: allow data transfer. - Prevention: block the transfer of data. - Alert: notification to administrators. - Encryption: guaranteed encryption before data transfer. - Quarantine: awaiting authorization.

Cons:

It needs to improve the heuristic, it does not detect many low impact viruses that are detected and corrected by freeware versions of other antivirus. It consumes many resources and installs features separately executing several services, in my opinion these can be unified. The number of viruses it has in a database is relatively low. It needs to be more extensive according to the market of new threats in the network.

sameer
sameer
McAfee- The ultimate Antivirus software. in India
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

McAfee- The best Antivirus software

Comments: To conclude, I would like to express my utmost satisfaction with this software, infact this software is so effective and helps run the laptop seamlessly that I have bought the same and installed it on my personal laptop. Big shout out for this software!

Pros:

Well in these times of post COVID world, I have realized the value of McAfee and the ways it is keeping my laptop safe from external threats as we are not working on the organization's network. McAfee constantly scans all the external files I download everyday and blocks it from installing if the same contains any trojan or malware. The best part about the software that I like is the fact that it scans the my whole laptop very fastly without interrupting any other day to day process in my laptop. All I can say is since last 2 years I haven't seen any issue from my laptop from antivirus perspective, all thanks to the best antivirus installed in my system. Thanks McAfee for making our lives and work easier.

Cons:

Well, though there are very minute negatives about this software, I would still like to highlight the fact that whenever we click on the "update now" feature on the top right corner of the web application, it takes quite a lot of time to download the updated software and reinstall the same on my laptop, because of this reason, I have kept my laptop idle in the night couple of times so that McAfee gets updated and reinstalled. Apart from this, I don't think there is any point that could be counted as a con for this particular software.

Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

One of the best antivirus software with firewall protection and real-time scanning

Pros:

Really effective antivirus software that helped me remove many virus and trojans from my machine. It also helps me protect my data through real time scanning and firewall security measures. There are also frequent updates to this software for improvements or new features. It is one of the best antivirus and antispyware applications. Need to buy subscriptions per PC annually and works really great. Gives decent reporting about the areas scanned, infected or any issues detected. It also provides option to quarantine viruses and malwares. One of the best useful feature is the schedule scan, which helps me schedule a scan on daily or weekly basis for enhanced security, keeping the computer safe and working super fast. Scanning different areas on the hard drive doesn't slow down the performance too.

Cons:

Not very efficient for malware removal, but serves the purpose of virus and trojans. Removes infected files instantly before warning, at times difficult to recover the files without infection. Seems to be one of the best security softwares in the market as compared to it's competitors QuickHeal and Norton.

Maryorie
Maryorie
Docente in Venezuela
, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Protects operating systems, files, among others. Easy to manage, and agile to detect threats.

Pros:

This software allows the integration of several endpoint protection technologies that help combat and analyze threats that can cause damage to computers, programs, files, emails and systems. McAfee Endpoint Security uses very advanced defenses that allow it to detect malicious actions before they are executed, that is, it deciphers the behaviors of suspicious actions that could cause damages such as viruses, adware, trojans, spyware, among others that attack the computer system. As for the management it is easy to manage, it allows the protection of the information that is kept in the files, and when you open the program with just a clicks you start to execute the protection, or you can program it, and for those who do not have as much knowledge of operating systems, McAfee Endpoint Security is compatible with Windows and Mac, among others.

Cons:

It is a very good software, maybe it presents some problems of incompatibility, but it is more of a lack of knowledge of the one that installs on the requirements of the program than of the program itself.

Internet, 11–50 Employees

End to End protractor for Corporate Machines!!

Comments: Have been using this software for the past 2 years and it's the best which I have used so far.
It also keeps secured all the computers in the network which we use in our company, so if you are looking for a company network level protection then this is the best option available in the current market.

Pros:

No matter how careful you are while downloading or installing a software OR while browsing the internet, there is always a risk of getting hacked or attacked by malicious worms or virus or any online threats. To be safe and secure you need an Antivirus Software which safeguards your PC/laptop from such online threats. McAfee Endpoint security is one of the best antiviruses I have used which is very easy to manage and very effective. Always keep updating with latest protection security patches against viruses and keeps system protected.

Cons:

- Might slow the booting time of your system - but that is only when your system is starting. - Little more expensive than I'd like. - Sometimes it blocks software which we use, which we might have to manually allow to run. - Not too many issues which I can mention as of now.

Masturah
Masturah
Administrative Assistant in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A must have for computer protection

Pros:

McAfee has a very good security and defending mechanism that has helped me in in managing my computer security. It has antivirus program, secure web browser add-on, and real-time files scanner that will scan all the new files that i have download and transfer to my computer.

Cons:

Prices is always the leading problem with any Antivirus program, especially with McAfee, when the prices goes up but the feature, tool and service remains the same without any new or improvement. They need to show more values with the price they are charging to the customer.