Lucky Orange Reviews

by Lucky Orange

Filter by:

• Overall

About Lucky Orange

Get 10 tools in 1 to increase website conversions and improve visitor’s experience with heatmaps, user recordings, live chat and more.

Learn more about Lucky Orange

Raad K.
Raad K.
Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2020

"BEST app to understand why your customers aren't converting"

Pros: I thought I had a store with fantastic user experience based on my previous shopify stores, but turns out what I learned so far doesn't apply to all stores... For example, the upsell on my cart's page doesn't show on certain devices unless the user scrolls down (and I wanted it to be visible immediately), another example has to do with older age groups (main audience for one of my stores) as they didn't realize there are more images for the product that they can see by simply swiping left or right, this made them keep on changing the variants to view the product in its other colors (it was a problem with a specific theme, so I added a swipe icon on the first image)... At first I thought their monthly price is not within my budget as I didn't need the app often, so I paid $50 for a limited lifetime deal with some other app, only to realize later on that I use it way more often than I originally thought, AND no one masters the app like Lucky Orange starting with its features, functionality, ease of use, speed, and ending with its super amazing support team. Thank you for such a great app :)

Cons: The only thing is probably have my own device(s) excluded from the recordings, not sure if that's available or not - didn't look up their help section.

by Lucky Orange on 20/04/2020

These are words we love to hear! Getting that front row seat to customers' online behaviors can provide invaluable insights to improving your website. Thank you for your kind review, Raad! As you continue to use Lucky Orange, I'm here to help if you have any more questions or need assistance in any way.

Cheers - Justin from Lucky Orange

P.S. You can block your own IP address from being tracked. Here's the help guide (https://help.luckyorange.com/article/30-can-i-block-my-own-ip-address-from-being-tracked-on-my-site). If you email into [email protected], we can also take you through the steps.

• Reviewed on 13/04/2020
Director of Marketing
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2020

"Best heat mapping for the money"

Comments: Lucky Orange has provided us with the heat mapping tool we need to gather more insight regarding how users are using our web pages.

Pros: The best part is the price. Lucky Orange is much more affordable than other heat mapping tools. It's also better. The heat maps are more reliable, show more data, and better capture the web page. Finally, as an agency, we also love that we can keep all of our clients under one account without paying for them each separately.

Cons: The only thing I would request is better flexibility in creating filters for heatmaps and visitor recordings. Otherwise, this tool does everything I need it to do.

Alternatives Considered: Hotjar

Reasons for Choosing Lucky Orange: Much cheaper and better heat mapping.

Switched From: VWO Testing

Reasons for Switching to Lucky Orange: Cheaper and better.

by Lucky Orange on 24/09/2020

We love to hear that getting a front seat to a website's online interactions has been just what you needed to grow conversions and business for your agency and your clients. When you can understand what's preventing a positive customer experience, you can make real-time changes that result in happier customers (and clients). Thanks for this five-star review! Always here if you need anything from our team!

• Reviewed on 19/09/2020
Brian W.
Brian W.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2019

"Lucky Orange - what we didn't know we were missing"

Comments: We had been using a free customer chat experience that allowed us to see what page the customer was on without being able to see what they were doing live. We had just been having a ton of problems with the shopping cart of our WooCommerce store and thought we would look for other solutions that would give us more. That is where Lucky Orange entered the picture. From day 1, we knew this was helping us out. The ability to get a live view of what the customers were seeing enabled us to start fixing the problems we were having right away. We got to a point where we could have an audible notification of someone adding something to the cart, go in and check if it was working, and if not fix it before the customer even knew they were having a problem. Furthermore, the chat function is a lot more available and present than what we had been having before so we are getting many more chats than previously. This all helps our conversion rate which has improved greatly. Thank you

Pros: To be honest we didn't know what we were missing. We had been using a different customer chat solution in the past (which was free) but didn't give us much more information than that. The ability that this has to allow us to see what is actually going on has enabled us to provide much better technical support. In addition, we have been able to see what is going on and fix it before even the customer knows something was even going on. The Dashboard feature is a great way to get a quick overview of how the day is going as well.

Cons: I wish there was a bit more to it. Don't we all wish we had more. I just took over the social media accounts at work and was thinking that more dashboards with more social media capabilities would be nice. Although this is not the only reason to have the software, it would be nice to have in addition to how it is already saving us.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2019
Marian P.
  • Reviewed on 06/07/2018

"It was just eye opening, we found out where our advertising money went"

Pros: A very big improvement for analyics software, you can see your website through visitors eyes, and control what they should see. A great tool for understanting where your advertising money go, and you can learn so much more from UX design to targeting ppc or social media, every channel matters, every improvement moves the bottom line from red to green.

Cons: The free trial was great, if I am not mistaken one free month. Sometimes the live function does not work properly, that being said I did work more with recordings.

• Reviewed on 06/07/2018
Dan W.
CMO & Managing Partner
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2016

"hands down the best CRO software!!!"

Comments: I have used Lucky Orange for 2+ years and i could not recommend them enough. All the tools are so helpful. I use the Visitor Recordings and Heatmaps the most. I tried other companies, but their product worked the best out of the box, and support was great to work with too. give them a try -- you wont regret it!

Pros: The dynamic heatmaps, Visitor recordings and chat

Cons: so far- it has been great. wish i had more time to use it in the day

• Reviewed on 09/11/2016
Stuart B.
Stuart B.
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2016

"Get daily stats on your users, plus watch videos of what they do on your site"

Comments: I was blown away by the ability of Lucky Orange to record users on my site so that I could basically watch what they are doing and follow them along as they look over my site. It's awesome because it shows me where they drop off and where they lose interest, and I can figure out how to improve the site. You can tag users by certain actions, for example, you could watch just videos of visitors who start to checkout but then abandon their cart, which would let you watch their actions and figure out how to keep them from doing that. It's insight into user actions that you can't get any other way really.

Pros: The most remarkable thing is that it's so affordable. I like the daily review emails because it's a really easy way to keep an eye on how my traffic is and where it's coming from, compared to the day before. The videos of users on my site are pretty amazing too.

Cons: If you have a lot of visitors, then you have a LOT of videos to go over.

Customer Care Specialist UK
Internet, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2018

"A real eye opener"

Pros: Lucky Orange is simply amazing, especially for new businesses, it just helps you look at your business from different angles and perspectives, the detailed analysis of how the customers' would interact with your website and lets you see what is missing/what can be improved

Cons: Sometimes it gets a little bit laggy but that's nothing compared to the pros it offers in my opinion

• Reviewed on 26/11/2018
Ankur J.
Ankur J.
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2016

"The BEST Tracking software available"

Comments: I have looked far and wide for a good tracking product. I have tried a lot of softwares who claim they track user visits and behaviour. BUT NOTHING COMES CLOSE TO LUCKY ORANGE. I swear by this product. The product has increased the efficiency of my digital marketing agency many folds. I can now SHOW my customers on what I am talking about. We are able to collectively take decisions by SEEING what is happening. This is a phenomenal piece of engineering. I absolutely love it!

Pros: Ease of Use

Cons: I would like an easier integration to other custom fields. I use another campaign attribution software but am unable to tag data from that onto Lucky Orange.

Patrick P.
interactive marketing specialist
Biotechnology, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2017

"Needed a quality heat mapping tool and got everything we needed and more."

Pros: Ease of use, setting it up, dashboards are all an ease to use. The heatmaps are intuitive and recordings are always a nice feature.

Cons: The load time is awful, and they the most annoying sound that plays when a user comes to your site that is on be default.

by Lucky Orange on 15/06/2017

We appreciate the feedback and glad to hear the services have assisted with the needs of your business!

• Reviewed on 15/06/2017
Sandi A.
Account Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2020

"Lucky Orange Does The Job"

Comments: Very good, and their customer service is excellent. Very responsive.

Pros: We use the heat map tool the most and it's been very useful.

Cons: The NPS survey was not as good as others we've used.

by Lucky Orange on 25/04/2020

Thanks for the kind words, Sandi! We're so glad you've been to use our dynamic heatmaps to dive into visitor behavior. We're happy to be part of your journey and wish you continued success. Happy tracking! Let us know if there's anything we can assist you with.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2020
Craig M.
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2016

"Used them for conversion optimization for over 10 clients"

Comments: Lucky Orange is my go to for hooking new clients for our web optimization firm! Features we Love:
- Visitor Recordings: to see how people use the sites and where they drop off
- Conversion Funnels: To see the flow of how users navigate and identiy abandonment - Form Analytics: To see which parts of my client's forms need to be optimized - Chat: having the abilityt o speak directly to customers for our clients is SO HUGE!

• Reviewed on 13/04/2016
UX Design intern
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2021

"Not the best heat map tracker"

Comments: Not very positive. It was difficult to work with, and the numbers were widely different depending on how many clicks actually loaded.

Pros: Not much. It's nice that you can integrate it easily with Shopify, but I much prefer Crazy Egg for heatmapping.

Cons: It's very buggy and most of the time it doesn't work on the first try. Customer service wasn't very helpful either, though they tried.

by Lucky Orange on 09/02/2021

Oh no! We sincerely apologize for your experience; it's certainly not one we want any of our customers to have. Our team would like to connect with you to learn more about the issues you experienced and make things right. We strive to create great technology to help you grow your business and provide exceptional support to all of our customers.

Please reach out to us at your earliest convenience by phone (text or call) at +1-913-200-3927 or by emailing [email protected] When you reach back out to support by email or phone, please ask for Bradley. He will work to get you taken care of right away.

Again, we apologize for your experience and hope you will give us a chance to make it up to you. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers - Bradley from Lucky Orange

• Reviewed on 08/02/2021
Software Developer
Wholesale, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2018

"Pretty good tool!"

Pros: The session recordings provide a detailed playbacks on how people use the website.

Cons: Doesn't let you delete unnecessary recordings.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2018
Andrew M.
Marketing Technologist
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2020

"Awesome for heatmaps, scroll and click data"

Comments: We use Lucky Orange regularly to look at a users experience on our website and to make changes to enhance the user experience and increase conversion rates. As a marketer not using a tool like Lucky Orange is providing a disservice to your marketing.

Pros: The interface to get heatmaps, scroll data, click data, form completions etc. is the best on the market from the products that I have tried which include Crazy Egg and Hotjar. With Lucky Orange you don't have to pre-setup the URL's you want to track. You can simply look at any URL on your domain and look at the data for a rolling period of time. You do have to set up some elements but overall not having to worry about setting up specific URL's is a awesome feature of the product.

Cons: Although the feature of not having to select the URL's you want to track like competitors there are some negatives to this feature. Lucky Orange price plans have rolling days and total domain page view limits. This makes it difficult to go back and look at specific windows based on your price plan because data is rolling. If you run out of page views you need to increase your plan moving forward or not have all data present to make a decision from. Other products make it easier to look at historical data for a period but you have to be diligent on what you want to track. There are pros and cons to both scenarios.

Alternatives Considered: Hotjar

Reasons for Choosing Lucky Orange: We switched from Crazy Egg to Lucky Orange for two reasons. One Lucky Orange offered a price promotion for HubSpot customers that was attractive and two the interface and experience delivered the same or exceeded Crazy Egg making the switch easy to implement.

Switched From: Crazy Egg

Reasons for Switching to Lucky Orange: Simplicity and cost. I would actually choose Hotjar as my number one option if budget wasn't a factor. It has the most enhanced feature set from my experience. Lucky Orange serves what we need at this stage for our company.

by Lucky Orange on 31/03/2020

Thank you for your kind review, Andrew! We love to hear that Lucky Orange has given you that front row seat to user experience to make changes that impact your bottom line. Let me know if there's anything I can do to assist you.

• Reviewed on 16/03/2020
Chris C.
Marketing Executive
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2021

"Best budget heatmapping tool"

Comments: Absolutely flawless at the current price point. Lucky Orange offers just about everything you'd expect from more expensive competitors.

Pros: It's difficult to slate the platform considering the price point - Lucky Orange is by far the most affordable (and probably best value for money) heatmapping tool out there. It does everything you need, from heatmapping, mouse tracking, funnel and form analytics.
Regular email reports are incredibly helpful.

Cons: Reports load slowly and general use is pretty clunky and frustrating; there's a lot of work that could be done from a UX perspective on the platform. That being said, the tool is easy to learn, and reports are simple to understand.

by Lucky Orange on 28/01/2021

Thank you for your review, Chris! We strive to provide a great product at an affordable cost to our customers and excited to hear we are meeting your business's needs. We appreciate your review, and happy tracking!

• Reviewed on 14/01/2021
Shayne H.
Shayne H.
Director of Sales
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2019

"A range of useful optimization tools to help understand your customers better!"

Comments: After using HotJar from the beginning of time, I recently stumbled upon LuckyOrange and helped my organization implement its' use immediately. I enjoy learning and recording how our users interact with our website. LuckyOrange has opened my eyes to so many things that I didn't know about. In my opinion, LuckyOrange is the best tool out there for Quantitive research.

Pros: 1) Set-up & Website Impact: LuckyOrange takes less than 10 minutes to set up and the best part is - It doesn't affect the speed of my site at all! I try my best to keep my site's loading speed under 3 seconds (for various reasons), so this is one of the many reasons why I choose to use LuckyOrange. 2) RealTime Tracking: LuckyOrange lets you see who's on your website and through which channel they found you. 3) Session Recordings: LuckyOrange makes recordings of your visitors' sessions. These recordings will provide you with a detailed playback of how people use and interact with your website. This feature helps me spot all aspects that are killing my conversions. 4) Data Interpretation: The analytical data and statistical reports that LuckOrange gives you is easy to understand and study. 5) Integrations: LuckyOrange seamlessly integrates with HubSpot and places the recordings directly on their respective contact timelines. 6) Identifying Abandonment: Conversion Funnels help you study the flow of your user navigation, ultimately helping you identify and solve abandonment issues. 7) Form Optimization: Form Analytics help you zero in on which part of your forms need to be optimized. 8) Chat Option: I already have a different chat client that I am currently using. However, for people who don't, LuckOrange gives you the ability to speak directly to your client in order to guide them through the conversion process, if necessary.

Cons: 1) Redundant or Unnecessary Recordings: It would be nice if LuckOrange can allow you to delete unnecessary recordings. 2) New Tabs: It would be more convenient if new recordings open in a new tab.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2019
Yuri K.
Marketing Analyst
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2018

"New way to see how customers interact with my company's website"

Pros: Until I knew this tool, I had no idea that there was something similar. Lucky Orange allowed a more careful analysis of my company's website, we began to analyze the days of major visits, heatmaps and frequency of visits, to determine the best moments to publish some sales.

Cons: At first we had difficulty to understand that we would need to disable the IP's of the internal PC's of the University, not to have "false numbers". This caused some confusion, but nothing that would hinder the use of the tool.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2018
Katie R.
Website Merchandiser
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2020

"A Great Snapshot Of Our Site"

Pros: Lucky Orange's daily email updates are a great way to stay informed about traffic to our site. Their chat has allowed us to connect with consumers in real time and to provide them invaluable support and critical information, and their recordings have helped us identify performance issues on our site. Their customer service team is also incredibly responsive and helpful.

Cons: We have not experienced any significant issues while working with Lucky Orange.

by Lucky Orange on 05/05/2020

Thank you for this five-star review, Katie! Love to hear that you've been able to get so much value from our daily email updates, live chat and recordings. It sounds like you've been able to dive right into the insights and find ways that improve your website and customer experience. Being able to understand your customers to make improvements that clear up navigation pain points and create a better experience is extremely rewarding. Don't hesitate to reach out should I or my team be able to assist you in any way. Happy tracking!

• Reviewed on 29/04/2020
Adriana B.
CEO & Founder
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2020

"It is a must have for UX driven companies"

Comments: A must have for our team and business!

Pros: It was super easy to setup Lucky Orange through GTM and within 1 week of trial we had many insights for UX optimization that we found out when navigating through heatmaps and also records for specific pages.

Cons: USD. We are a Brazilian company and when paying in dollars we have importation taxes that mulitply by 1.5x.

by Lucky Orange on 10/08/2020

We strive to make sure all of our customers walk away saying, "This is a must have for our team and business!" Love to hear that you've been able to use Lucky Orange's dynamic heatmaps and session recordings to make such an impact on your website and customer experience. Appreciate the recommendation, and don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of service in any way.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2020
Jovan M.
Jovan M.
Performance Marketing Specialist
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2018

"Great easy to use tool for heatmapping and website visitor behavior analysis."

Pros: This tool helped me get the right conclusions on my website. You just need to separate few hours per week to view all recorded sessions, and you will be in the right direction what to do next.

Cons: Filtering didn't work very well. Also when you have a lot of visitors on a website it's very hard to look all these videos located in one place.

• Reviewed on 09/06/2018
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2018

"Really cool insights"

Pros: I enjoyed seeing how my customer interacted with our website. So many things I never knew. It is a must have.

Cons: I would like to see more effort put into actionable insights. This is a really great tool for all ecommerce specialists.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2018
James F.
James F.
Web Developer
Aviation & Aerospace
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2018

"On of the best softwares for website improvement"

Pros: It is one of the best softwares for website improvement, you can use it for funnels and recordings and for UX design.
In order tosee your sinkholes where your customers alrea leaving your checkout process.

Cons: The recordings may need improvement, depending on the device the user uses, the mobile it shows the desktop version of the site, but not always.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2018
Integrated and Digital Marketing Strategist
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2021

"Great tool that is worth the price"

Comments: Great to use, gives good insights, just missing key feature we needed

Pros: Compared to its competitors, this is such an easy to use tool that delivers great value for the price. Fast to deploy and really user friendly.

Cons: AS with some competitors, it misses some CRO features that the typical user would also want - specifically adding an AB test capability. If it had that, it would be fantastic

Alternatives Considered: Mouseflow and Crazy Egg

by Lucky Orange on 10/02/2021

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled that you've been able to get so much from Lucky Orange insights. When you see exactly what your visitors are doing and experiencing on your website, you have the information you need to grow your business. Don't hesitate to reach out should I or my team be able to assist you in any way. Happy tracking!

• Reviewed on 05/02/2021
Sayam K.
CMO
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2020

"Great value for marketeers with limited time and budget"

Comments: I was looking for a simple and affordable tech to help assist our conversion optimization goals. Honestly, I did test out its competitors like VWO and Optimizely which are certainly loaded with some great features, glorified UI and excellent support, but all that also accompanies hefty monthly subscription cost and implementation time. If your marketing goals are clear and you want the product to start getting the job done fast and efficient, Lucky orange is your value for money.

Pros: I came across Lucky Orange while browsing on the internet for tools to help assist our conversion optimization goals. I decided to give it a shot and was already impressed by how simple they made its setup and get started. Took me 10 minutes to link it up with our landing pages and another 10 to setup the dashboard. The recordings feature is great, but the quality of the live view of visitors on website is phenomenal. I love the dashboard, especially the ability to create multiple funnels and observe their performances through their daily or weekly auto-generated reports via email.

Cons: It's quite evident that UI isn't their most important focus. It's definitely trailing in the branding game of today's b2b saas products. But if one is ok to overlook the glorification of software elements, the core of the product is strong and gets the job done. It skipped tagging from some recordings from time to time, but I reached out to their support team and they immediately helped us fix it.

Alternatives Considered: VWO Insights and Optimizely

by Lucky Orange on 25/04/2020

Thanks for the review, Sayam! We're thrilled you've been able to leverage Lucky Orange to help improve your website and drive more conversions. Having your website statistics and visitor behavior in one tool helps your business make the best decisions for your customers. Thank you for this five-star review! Happy tracking!

• Reviewed on 15/04/2020
Kosara K.
"Easy to use app"
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2021

""Easy to use app""

Comments: Lucky orange is phenomenal at showing live guest engagement.This has additionaly assisted me with developing and contact a greater crowd and monitor my progress.

Pros: Seeing what the client is reffering to and having the option to help them in that particular time.

Cons: They have a few different highlights that are not satisfactory of how they incorporate with different stages.

by Lucky Orange on 12/05/2021

Nothing feels better than finding ways to make your customers experience better than ever. Seeing what your customers' experience in real time can give you the insight you need to address their needs quickly and prevent any barriers to conversion. Thank you for this five-star review! We're here if you have any questions.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2021