15 years helping Australian businesses

About Forms On Fire

Double your team’s productivity in half the time and supercharge your operational workflows with our leading forms automation software.

Learn more about Forms On Fire

Pros:

Cons:

Not having cell service at all locations, could have an offline version.

Forms On Fire ratings

4.5
4.8
4.6
4.7

9.1/10

Forms On Fire has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 125 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Forms On Fire before?

Geoff
Geoff
Business Systems Consultant in UK
Computer Software, Self Employed

Solid, dependable and powerful

Comments: I have built a fully comprehensive digital paperwork system with Forms on Fire for a client. It has transformed their business, automating many manual tasks and saving dozens of hours every month ongoing. The return on investment is off the charts. I also love the fact that the support is so responsive and helpful, even when it's a complex question I rarely need to explain more than once, and answers are timely and helpful, often going the extra mile.

Pros:

The best thing about Forms on Fire is the flexibility. It's a blank canvas, you can create any type of form you require. With a little bit of technical knowledge it can be made extremely powerful. I appreciate the fact that it isn't aimed at consumers, as other form builder tools are, so it goes straight to the powerful functions needed in a business environment.

Cons:

The built in data dashboards and analytics are adequate but not amazing. However these can be bypassed by exporting data to another platform using the integrations or API, and custom dashboards and reporting can be built there.

3 years ago

Geoff, we are amazed at what you built, it's a great example of going way beyond forms to a fully data-driven application. Thanks for the kind words!

Cliff
Mfg Eng & QC Mgr in US
Machinery, 51–200 Employees

Easiest to Implement!

Comments: Very pleased with the ease of developing our forms, distributing, updating, and collecting the uploaded data . The drag and drop interface for forms is outstanding and the help files make it easy to develop any workflow you can imagine, very powerful!

Pros:

Our team especially liked the openness of the software programming interface, the associated help files, and the superb customer support whenever we had a question. We knew going in that we would have some "special tasks" we would need to implement and Forms On Fire appeared to have the best programming system in place to easily make that happen using our own personnel and not requiring the software company to handle everything at additional cost. The system is so easy it just doesn't require that much support, but if you need it, they are there to help!

Cons:

I think the website interface could use a few minor improvements like having data view columns maintain their positions between sessions or refreshes, and perhaps a little more development on the dashboard, although we'll probably develop our own that most of the vendors for this type of software simply don't offer.

Alternatives Considered: Certainty Software, SafetyCulture, GoFormz, FastField, TrueContext, PaperLess and Jolt

Reasons for Switching to Forms On Fire: We chose Forms On Fire over the competition based on the following: 1- Best Responses to our RFP documentation 2- Wide number of platforms the software will run on 3- Ease of developing the required forms and their ongoing maintenance as our products evolve 4- Most open development environment and help system in place allows us to do what we want, when we want, and not have to have the software vendor do it for us, unless we need them to! 5- Price is one of the best out there and provides excellent value per dollar

4 years ago

Hi Cliff, thank you for your very kind words. We appreciate all our clients. Most our clients want such specific information about dashboards. Have you talked to our pro services team about designing something for you and your specific data? Reach out to us, we want to help! -Kendall

Jennifer
Environmental Engineer in US
Civil Engineering, 10,000+ Employees

Data collection made easy

5.0 last month New

Comments: I have been using Forms on Fire for almost 7 years in my job at an international engineering firm and cannot speak highly enough of this product! I have designed forms from basic single-page fill-in-the-blank type forms to incredibly complicated multi-page forms using pre-populated repeating tables, subforms, and even approval steps. I am not a coder but have been able to design forms that do everything my clients have asked, including making stepwise decision-making fields. Some of our field techs have been resistant to using digital forms but most of them report back that they love how easy-to-use the forms are and they don’t ever want to go back to paper. The project managers are equally enthusiastic about the data they receive since they no longer have to decipher handwriting or deal with entries that do not conform to their requirements. My company’s firewall does not allow direct posting to SQL so we had to use the API and go through the Sync connector. Forms on Fire support was very helpful through this process, working with our IT department to get everything set up correctly. In fact, the support team has always been wonderful, responding quickly with suggestions or work-arounds whenever I have gotten stuck on a complicated solution. If you need to collect data in any remote setting, you can not go wrong with Forms on Fire.

Pros:

It's easy to learn and easy to use. You can make edits without interrupting field team. You can get your data in practically any way you need it. The data is clean and consistent.

Cons:

My only complaint is that I can't use the repeating table with a repeating table with the Sync SQL connector - I have many projects that could use this. I do have a work-around (subforms) so I can deal with it but sure would be nice!

4 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your detailed and positive review! We're thrilled to hear about your successful experience with Forms on Fire over the past 7 years and how our platform has been instrumental in your projects at the international engineering firm. Regarding your feedback about the limitation with the Sync SQL connector and repeating tables, we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We're excited to let you know that integrating repeating tables with the SQL connector is currently in development and will be included in a future update. We believe this enhancement will make your projects even more streamlined and efficient. Thank you again for your support and for being such a valued member of the Forms on Fire community. We look forward to continuing to serve your data collection needs with even more functionality!

Alex
Sales in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Smooth interface but technical issues frequently come up

Pros:

The software is easy to use, clean interface, and alerts me when I am missing required information

Cons:

There are frequent problems whenever we try to make an update, things don’t seem to work how we expected them to. Also the documents this platform generates seem to be missing items and we can’t figure out how to fix this.

Rob
VP of Operations in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

I almost don't want more people to know about it because I look so smart for using it.

Comments: Without a hint of exaggeration, this may be the smartest move I've made in my 25-year career. I look like a genius for using it and every team I've introduced it to loves it. We are able to do incredible things as an organization we wouldn't be able to do without FOF. This is a hill I will die on. It's the most important product in our tech stack.

Pros:

Customizable through and through. It may as well be an entirely customizable, in-house development we have so much control over it.

Cons:

I don't know, that it's not free? Lol. Seriously, this thing is amazing and the team at FOF is even better to work with, not that we need them much it's so easy to use.

Alternatives Considered: Happy Asset

Reasons for Switching to Forms On Fire: Ease of customization, deployment, and wide range of applications we can use it for.

3 months ago

Thank you so much for your outstanding review! We're thrilled to hear about the transformative impact Forms On Fire has had on your organization and how it's positioned you as a savvy innovator in your field. Your recognition of the flexibility and ease of use of our platform is deeply appreciated, as is your kind acknowledgment of our team. We're honored to be considered a pivotal part of your tech stack and are here to support your continued success and innovation. Here's to making genius moves together!

Angelo
Associate Product Manager in Benin
Internet, 201–500 Employees

Streamline Your Data Collection with Forms On Fire

Comments: Overall, Forms On Fire is a great tool for businesses or individuals looking for an efficient way to collect and manage data. The intuitive interface and comprehensive feature set make it an ideal choice for those looking to streamline their data collection process. The cost may be a barrier for some, but the powerful features justify the investment.

Pros:

Forms On Fire is a powerful and intuitive data collection platform. It offers a wide range of features, including drag-and-drop form building, customizable workflows, and a comprehensive reporting system. The user-friendly interface makes it easy to set up and manage multiple forms quickly and efficiently. It also integrates with existing systems and allows for easy data sharing with third-party applications.

Cons:

Although Forms On Fire offers a comprehensive set of features, it may be too complex for some users. The user interface can be a bit intimidating for those who are unfamiliar with web-based applications. Additionally, the cost of the premium version may be too steep for smaller businesses or individuals.

9 months ago

Thank you so much for your 10 out of 10 review, Angelo. Please reach out to our support team if we can help simplify the design for something you are building.

Sean
Tech Services in US
Wholesale, 51–200 Employees

A very effective tool to save field time and office time.

Comments: Overall I'm very satisfied with the price we pay, and the ability to complete items in an app with an output report on our template.

Pros:

The output template is the most important feature to us. This way we can use our existing forms, and create a report we can immediately send to a customer while still onsite.

Cons:

Sometimes the customer support doesn't know what I am talking about when building the forms. Building the forms is sometimes very confusing, and very tedious. The amount of time it takes to build a form sometimes is not worth the effort over using excel. Not being able to force sync from the home page of the app is a downfall.

Alternatives Considered: GoCanvas

Reasons for Choosing Forms On Fire: We wanted some users to be able to have monthly subscriptions.

Switched From: GoCanvas and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Forms On Fire: The ability to turn off subscriptions, and the ability to use our existing forms. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is also very knowledgeable.

9 months ago

Hi Sean, we took your feedback and the app now allows you to force sync from the homepage of the app. As to building your forms, it definitely requires you to think through your problem thoroughly. Feel free to book a kickstart with a specialist to help you through the rough patches.

Mark
General Manager in US
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

Great mobile forms solution

Comments: Switched form another mobile forms platform. Needed stable pricing for our business. Switch was seamless and made team more productive immediately.

Pros:

Implementation was intuitive and straightforward. Form building was easy to understand. Having a windows version made implementation and use more efficient.

Cons:

In depth training opportunities would be helpful

9 months ago

Hi Mark, we appreciate your excellent review and love it you've been on the platform for quite a long time now. Be sure to check out our new training offerings or if you have any questions, reach out and schedule a time with our client success team who can show you some terrific features that will spark your imagination.

Colin
Aspire Leader in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Forms on Fire is a great investment!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Forms on Fire made managing complex and dynamic data flows easy and straightforward. It's an investment which is worth every penny.

Pros:

Forms on Fire offered to build first form which was great. We can collect data from 14 different organizations in real time and can assess performance easily. Tutorials and walkthroughs of the site were fantastic. When compared with 4 other competitors Forms on Fire had the best quality product. Customer service has been very impressive to date. I would recommend Forms on Fire for any firm looking to build an infrastructure to manage lots of complex information across different organizations and streamline processes.

Cons:

No drawbacks, Forms on Fire is fantastic!

last week

Hi Colin, The whole team wishes to express our deepest gratitude for the incredible review you wrote about Forms On Fire. Your kind words mean the world to us, and we are truly humbled by your feedback. Your review not only highlights the features and benefits of our product but also reflects the dedication and hard work of our team. We are thrilled to hear that our tutorials and walkthroughs were helpful in getting you started, and that our customer service has been impressive. We take great pride in the quality of our product and the level of customization it offers. Your recognition of these aspects is a testament to our commitment to providing the best possible experience for our users. Your recommendation of Forms On Fire to other firms looking to manage complex information across different organizations is a true honor. We are grateful for your trust in our product and your willingness to share your positive experience with others. Thank you once again. -Forms On Fire

Alex
CEO in Singapore
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Mobile Forms

5.0 last month New

Comments: Very positives. Will be using it for years to come.

Pros:

Easy customise and professional fast respond from support.

Cons:

Only if it can be cheaper on subscription

4 weeks ago

Thank you for the amazing review you left us. Your thoughtful words and detailed feedback are not only incredibly appreciated but also instrumental in helping us serve you and others better. Please remember to reply to the original email we sent out.

Francisco
Operations Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Helps us stand out

Comments: Helps us stand out from the competition

Pros:

Connectivity with other software. It allows us to include pictures into the report.

Cons:

Programming is not that easy, hard to learn.

Alternatives Considered: iForm Pro

Reasons for Choosing Forms On Fire: price

Switched From: iForm Pro

Reasons for Switching to Forms On Fire: Just tried it out and it worked.

Micah
Certified Inspector in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

GOOD DIY FORM BUILDER

Comments: I run a small business and needed a form built. I had looked at other places but most required you to pay them to build a form and were easily over $2,000. A reason I was attracted to Forms on Fire was they provide DIY templates which can be customized. Before trying to build it myself, I enquired about them building my form. Their estimate came back at the price for an 8 hour retainer(Quite Hefty). At hearing that, I Reckon as long as it doesn't take me 80 hours to build it on my own ill be doing ok. I am not a computer savvy person, I didn't know what many of the names of certain features meant. At the time I thought maybe for a person who's used to building forms with binary code or something crazy this may be an "easy" DIY form builder. For a person off the street however, I think it would be very confusing. If it were not for Learning about a free tech support session with one of their staff, I think I would still be banging my head on my desk. I jumped at the chance to get some insight into this brave new world I had entered. I was astoundingly fortunate to have spent the session with Megan who was absolutely delighted to show me through the form and explain the terminology(FYI they have since put together a bunch of youtube video tutorials). After that amazingly helpful session, I then proceeded to build my entire form for the next three hours( it really is easy once you know what the terminology is). The form has since taken maybe another hour to tweak and add some things to make it perfect. All told from beginning to end it has taken five hours(75 hours ahead of schedule...SAVINGS!). Once I was guided through, it actually became fun. I'm so happy with how it turned out, and it has given me a huge advantage over the competition. I would highly recommend watching the videos, taking the support session(I hope you get to spend the session with megan she is a wonderful guide) and build it yourself. The feeling of accomplishment and knowing its built to your exact specifications, saving money but more importantly time is priceless. cheers!!

Sébastien
Marketing Coordinator in Canada
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51–200 Employees

Great software and Costumer service

Comments: The mobile experience is great overall. We got problems with specific form when we tried to get a task done.
The mobile version is pretty much intuitive. Users learned very quickly by themselves.

Pros:

This software has multiple features. The form builder offers you any kind of options you’d have and needs. Their customer service and technician quickly reply to your questions and problems. Detailed users management.

Cons:

The form builder is a bit tricky to learn. If your needs are basics features it’s quite simple, but since you get in more complex forms then you’d probably need their help to get it work properly.

Kay
Admin in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Genius

Comments: Overall-- 5 stars. The customer service really puts Forms on Fire over the top.

Pros:

Customer support is out of this world. Quick to respond and available to help. Forms on Fire is amazing for our company because we are so spread out, and many of our employees do not have access to a printer when they need it. This enables us to get data from our field guys, and they never have to leave the field to do it.

Cons:

I had a hard time with the connectors and the templates, but it is super easy after being walked through the process.

9 months ago

Hi Kay, we are super grateful for your review and explaining both the system and our support. Contact our support anytime you need help walking through the new product features coming out each quarter.

James
Territory Manager in US
Architecture & Planning, 51–200 Employees

Excellent Platform

Comments: Mobile option helped us stay informed with weekly, monthly and yearly sales at all of our assigned store locations.

Pros:

Ease of use with platform. I visit stores daily and use this tool to keep track of previous visits, sales data has been incorporated into the tool, as well as relevant information to help keep stores and my on track. This software was modified to fit what the Territory Managers with my company needed and required of the tool.

Cons:

Excellent initial product, but needed modified to fit my job.

Chad
QA Manager in US
Public Safety, 201–500 Employees

User friendly

Pros:

I love how easy it is to fill out the forms and the ability to add new forms as needed

Cons:

In ability to delete a form in the field if you needed to

Jose
Detective in US
Law Enforcement, 201–500 Employees

Forms on Fire Amazing

Comments: Forms on fire (FOF) allows for businesses to create forms and automate processes that would otherwise be time consuming in the paper world. I tried and reviewed numerous other companies Fast Forms, Pronto Forms and Happy Inspector to name a few to determine the product that best served my needs. I needed a software easy to use, flexible and worked on three platforms iOS, Android and Windows. The ability to design, create and import data in different formats to include software support. Most importantly it needed to be priced affordably. Let me state this clearly, FOF is truly an amazing software that met all my expectations. Most importantly the pricing was lower if not comparable to the competition. The customer service was just insane, they were helpful, provided my with video and live support, one on one session and followed up with me to see if I had questions (I had plenty). What sealed the deal for me was the pricing and the cross platform availability. Megan Jackson of FOF was fantastic and incredibly helpful. As of the posting of this review, FOF redesigned the dashboard and it was no surprise to see that it was astatically pleasing visually and even more functional. Guys keep up the good work!

Pros:

The availability to use it on different platforms ios, android and windows. I am not always in the field so when I am on the desktop (Windows) I love that I can open the software edit forms and preview what it will look like without having to use my tablet.

Cons:

I would like to see more flexibility with the logo design, specifically I could not enlarge the logo. I would also like to see a mission or vision field that can be incorporated with the logo design.

Shawn
Executive Chairman in US
Renewables & Environment, 51–200 Employees

Game changer

Comments: It's been extremely positive. From implementation to support the people there have been wonderful.

Pros:

The sheer amount of API and Cap integrations make this software so versatile in managing and collecting data. All you need to do is set it up on the back-end and users will intuitively understand how to make it work.

Cons:

Nothing yet, so far this has been exactly as I had hoped it would be.

Alternatives Considered: GoCanvas

Reasons for Switching to Forms On Fire: More features at a lower price point.

3 years ago

Shawn, thank you for putting your trust in us. We love what you've done with our platform and look forward to seeing what you'll do in the future.

Stephen
Analyst in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

A great platform to put mobile data in the hands of your users

Comments: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at Forms on Fire helped us to build a mobile app to support all of our merchandising representatives visiting retail stores across the country. They have up-to-date store data at their fingertips as well as all the notes they took the last time they visited.

Pros:

The platform provides the standard infrastructure along with incredible flexibility to build the app that your business needs.

Cons:

I only wish I was able to spend the time learn how to do more of the programming myself.

Christopher
Sales Director in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Our experience with forms on fire has been nothing but positive right from the start.

Comments: We chose to move to electronic forms because our tech lost the occasional work order and this incurs costs for our company and we wanted to eliminate losses from that department. With forms on fire there is no reason to ever lose a form again.

Pros:

Price: We're a small business so we didn't want to spend huge amounts of money on this solution and the folks at forms on fire have been able to give us everything we wanted at a very fair price. Work performed: The work they put in our forms was astounding and the effort to meet our deadlines was impressive ( we met the deadline btw). The end result is a very intuitive form that we're proud of showing off to our customers and that our employees love.

Cons:

As far as I'm concerned there are no cons, you could argue that the software has a bit of a learning curve but I would argue back that any powerful ( feature packed) software has a steep learning curve.

6 years ago

Thanks again Christopher for your review! Hope you're enjoying your app.

Katie
Leasing Agent in US
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Easy and quick to use!

Comments: This gives my company a quick, consistent paperwork and forms to give our resident's that way someone can have the form they need at a quick time! We also use this to schedule pest control for our residents and that seems to relay the information they need as well.

Pros:

I love how easy this software is to use! I never used this software before and when I was trained on it, it was so quick to understand and the items I need are at a quick access!

Cons:

Sometimes I have to force sync to get what I want to pull up, but nothing too hard to do!

Mark
Senior Project Manager and AR VR Specialists in US
Construction, 10,000+ Employees

Modern Forms Service Shines!

Comments: We have been testing Forms on Fire for a week, with the intent to purchase for a large project. The product is incredible, compared to others that I have worked with. The Designer is very intuitive, yet has advanced features such as data sources, filtering, formulas, and dynamic answers. Essentially, this service can create almost any form imaginable. Finally, the support team has been amazing. I submitted some tickets and then numerous follow-up questions. The response time was not only fast, but the answers were helpful, and to date, any problem I found has been solved. Suggestion for improvement is updating the Windows app to match the newer beta features released in the iOS app, but I understand this may happen in the near future.

Pros:

Intuitive design interface and ability to use data sources across multiple forms.

Cons:

Tough question, but perhaps the lack of the ability to connect directly to an SQL database (without the API) or publish fields directly to SharePoint.

Rhiannon
COO in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Amazing Software!!

Comments: Forms on Fire has saved our company so much time and made us highly efficient. It's so nice to work with people who are not only great at customer service but know their own software fowards and backwards!

6 years ago

Hey, thanks again for your review. Hope you have found some terrific improvements for your business.

Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Great app for getting feedback as forms

Pros:

- The software is packed with lots of features so that I can get almost any type of data from the user - The elements that can be used in the doc is extensive, and I can build great richer forms

Cons:

- There is not freemium model and the pricing seems to high - The knowledge base provides tutorial for the basic level of data. But we need to figure out on out own for more advanced features. - Lots of bugs in the features

5 years ago

Please be sure to sign up for our free training class by sending an email to [email protected]. Also, we encourage you to ask [email protected] about any potential bugs you may be seeing. We pride ourselves on quality software and we would like to understand what you're seeing in this area as soon as possible. Thank you,

Andrew
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Sophisticated yet Simple

Comments: I use Forms on Fire to make every day operations of my business more efficient and organized. Linking forms to connectors such as dropbox allowed us to quickly and easily access information in one space. Building forms is fairly simple, but I have gotten stuck a time or two. They have great customer service to help you through these kinks as well.

Pros:

Very efficient and simple to learn and apply to operations.

Cons:

The software does not really support repeating tables within repeating pages. Hopefully this can be corrected with time. I believe this would be a very strong feature.