• Overall
    4.1 /5
    3.8 /5

About eHopper

eHopper is a free mobile POS system including free processing. Ideal for retail and restaurants to speed up operations and grow sales.

Learn more about eHopper

Showing 25 reviews of 47

Jaime R.
Point Of Sale Deployment Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2018

"Great Company, Great Software, Awesome Service"

Comments: Ehopper has awesome support, they listen and are very fast at resolving issues. They will train you as many times as needed to ensure you and your staff can utilize every bit of the software to enhance your user experience and make sure your business runs smoothly. They have competitive pricing and are always adding new features and functions to help businesses grow and thrive.

Pros: This software is easy to use and has everything a business needs to stay organized and up to date with their software in todays day and age. They are constantly evolving and stay competitive in the POS industry as a leader in POS technology.

Cons: They are missing a few features for fullservice restuarants but plan on adding them in the future.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2018
Director of Licensing & Business Development
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2018

"Great Service, Limited Functionality"

Comments: Overall, it was a positive experience and I would continue to follow their software and hopefully see new and advanced features in the future.

Pros: The software was affordable, the team was very responsive to troubleshoot any issues we had.

Cons: The software was not advanced enough to support all the reporting needs we had in order to analyze our retail performance. There were also a lot of integration and syncing issues with QBO.

by eHopper on 29/10/2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit a response! We pride ourselves on response time to troubleshoot, or any other customer service issues. If you ever have any further trouble with QBO, or any other syncs, please don't hesitate to reach out directly to [email protected]

Kevin G.
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2018

"INCREDIBLE CUSTOMER SER VICE"

Comments: Excellent

Pros: The best thing about the software is the ease of use. The customer service behind this product is what makes it so easy to use. From loading menu Items to answering questions by phone or email within minutes. Once you understand the product you are off and running with no need for additional support.

Cons: Occasionally need to reboot system when unable to run a credit card transaction. Customers seem to have a difficult time with Apple Pay.

by eHopper on 28/08/2018

Hey Kevin,
It's great to hear eHopper is working out so well for you and Main Street Coffee. We certainly pride ourselves on the level of our customer service. Please don't hesitate to reach out directly with any more feedback, and thank you for choosing eHopper!

Joe D.

"Very satisfied"

Comments: Perfect! They take your input seriously and implement the changes unlike other companies like Lightspeed.

Pros: They hit the nail on the head with this software. But most importantly, their support is second to none. CSR deserve a big raise.

Cons: None at all. Been very happy with my overall experience.

Muhammad U.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2019

"Ehopper review"

Comments: I Have used this software several times and i am fully satisfied with this experience.

Pros: The most attractive thing about using this software is that it is user friendly.

Cons: I have no more idea about the least thing of this software.

by eHopper on 12/11/2019

Thank you for your feedback, Muhammad! We are extremely happy with your eHopper experience. We are working very hard to exceed yours and our customers' expectations even further. Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Justin W.
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2018

"You Get What You Pay For"

Comments: Overall eHopper gets the job done. For paying nothing for a POS that is functional most of the time, you cannot beat that. Main gripe would be the crashing of the POS every now and then can be stressful. There is a way to reboot easy enough, but it does get taxing if it happens multiple times in a day.

Pros: - Free to use (for one location, great for very small businesses)
- Manual sales
- Prompt customer service
- Ability to splits taxes and whatnot

Cons: - Issues with connectivity
- Certain functionality issues
(ie. Split payment process tedious, no support for gift cards, difficulty reprinting hard copies for certain type of returns, etc.)

• Reviewed on 11/10/2018
Jeff J.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2016

"Probably great for some, but not for us."

Comments: First off let me say that EHopper's sales team are the most aggressive for me in my search for POS software. I had the company calling me multiple times even after requesting they not do so. I told them I'd contact them directly if I had any issues, and that I wanted to try the software out first. They have finally stopped calling me after having requested it four or five times. Quite simply the aggressiveness they displayed (one guy called me five times within ten minutes when I didn't answer because I was busy) turned me off of their software. I still gave it a go, as I was looking for something decent for my quick service bar.

Pros: User friendly interface, easy menu setup

Cons: Aggressive sales team, no option for display of buttons without photos (our bar doesn't use photos and we don't care to, we'd rather have more buttons per page), no option for a 'dark' theme which we prefer.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2016
Graham P.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2018

"Good Product"

Comments: So far the only hurdled have been getting our products loaded. The support was ok but it took a day for any help. and a few requests weren't even answered.

Pros: Ease in making a transaction
Functions well
Looks nice

Cons: Quite difficult to set up (loading products and variations etc)

• Reviewed on 31/10/2018
Nina S.
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2018

"Not what i would recommend it"

Comments: bad bad experience i am dealing with. i am canceling it.

Pros: new system something new.
nice scanner,,,,,

Cons: worst customer service i had to deal with support team and he just hangs up. and also ignore my email. they take to long to set something up and all.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2018
Viral P.
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2018

"Inventory Managment"

Comments: Overall its seems like start up company

Pros: Back office features have good funtionality

Cons: Inventory managment have less features functionality

by eHopper on 27/08/2018

Hi Viral,
Thank you for taking your time to submit a response. While it's good to hear you enjoy the Back Office features, I'd love to hear more from you about what we can do to satisfy your Inventory Management needs. Feel free to respond here, but our Support team will be reaching out to you to hear about your specific concerns and see if there's a way we can improve your experience. Thank you for choosing eHopper!

• Reviewed on 25/08/2018
Wendy H.
Finance Coordinator
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2018

"Great for large-scale events!"

Comments: My overall experience was good, except for my credit card being charged for another month of full access to the software. I had made it abundantly clear I only needed the license for 1 month and nowhere did it say the license would auto-renewed/charge my credit card. Further to that when speaking to support (I did that a lot), I was told that access to the software would automatically cease after my month was up if I didn't make another payment before then -- this was exactly what I wanted and had no reason not to trust what eHopper told me. That has unfortunately left me a bit disappointed and not too keen on doing business with the company again if I fair resolution to the issue can't be accomplished.

Pros: What I like most about this software is the user-friendly interface both for the back office and pos software on tablets. Also a big bonus is syncing in real-time as it allows me to share information with my team on the progress of our event. One of the biggest motivators to a team that received almost 15,000 guests is hearing how much of each product was sold because it's more than just a number. What has to be taken into consideration is the kitchen staff, our food line servers, and the prep work leading up to our event. . . all things that contributed to our numbers/sales.

Cons: I'd have to say the transaction warnings. I had paid for the full license but some of my cashiers (1 had 4), were locked out of the POS software. During a weeklong event that saw 15,000 patrons that was a nightmare. Thankfully, eHopper support (Monsur and his manager) came to the rescue and set up backup accounts for us and my trouble-shooting helped get us back up and running.

• Reviewed on 26/08/2018
Keith E.
Senior Client Relationship Manager
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees

"MY eHopper Experience"

Pros: The eHopper POS Station is a great POS for the hospitality industry.
The customer service was great, there is never a flawless reboot and they helped with every hurdle
The POS is very cost effective as well

Cons: They do not add logo's to receipt
They do not add logos's to the POS screen in sleep mode

by eHopper on 28/08/2018

Thanks Keith. We really appreciate the response. You're right, while no project is without flaws, we prepare to tackle every hurdle as they arise. Custom logo displays are on our road map. Thanks for choosing eHopper.

Laurie T.

"Vape shop review"

Comments: Customer service is where it's at with E-Hopper! Any issues we have with the software are promptly addressed by technicians who know what they are doing and go above and beyond to help us fix our problems- even when it is user error!

Pros: It is easy to use and understand. I like the tabs and the matrix options for different sizes or nicotine levels!

Cons: I have not figured out how to transfer data to my Quick Books Destktop.

Gencho T.
GM

"Ehopper"

Pros: Easy to work.
Best price on the market.

Cons: Need a lot improvement.
Need more reporting options

by eHopper on 29/10/2018

Gencho, we love to hear that you enjoy eHopper's intuitive controls + ease of use. Stay tuned, many more Reporting options are due soon!

Katherine Z.
Product Specialist
Business Supplies & Equipment, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2018

"Great System and Great Service!"

Comments: Beautiful software and hardware, simple to setup, amazing customer service. Would recommend to anyone looking for an easy-to-learn solution for their business. Support has always been available whenever needed and their team resolved all issues quickly and efficiently.

Pros: It is beautiful and simple to learn. Very user friendly.

Cons: The software is great, can't think of anything I don't like

• Reviewed on 01/11/2018
Derrick H.
Owner/Store Director
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2016

"Gets the job done for my store!"

Comments: eHopper POS has been a great system for use in my hobby shop. It was easy to set up and add my inventory to the system as well getting my hardware up and running. The service from my account manager and the support team was also great. Best of all, the price was right. Definitely reccomended.

Pros: Very easy to use, not complicated at all.

Cons: Could use some additional features in regards to accounting.

• Reviewed on 28/09/2016
Sebastian F.
Arts & Crafts, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2017

"This POS is awesome!!!"

Pros: I love it. Both for employees and "back office" work. Its very easy to fix problems, make echanges quickly, and user friendly. Other POS system take a long tine to train staff. This is almost self explanatory and little time is spent training.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2017
Penny M.
Entertainment
    3.5 /5
    3.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2016

"Ok product, terrible customer support and sales."

Pros: The system itself works great, but they pair it with a PAX credit card terminal that I don't like. It's not wireless and you would have to drag a long cord across the bar area in order for someone to input their PIN. We own a bar and we don't keep the cash register, to which it is attached, on the front bar. They don't currently have a wireless solution for this. Also, we are on a 2 month trial and there wasn't supposed to be any charges to our account, until the 2 months was up and we were satisfied with the service. They immediately charged my credit card and have been charging my checking account, which has now occurred twice. Been trying to get them to refund my money and send a return, so that I can do away with this system. The sales guy refuses and keeps trying to resell me.

Cons: The customer support and sales. The product itself is fine.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2016
Hayden P.
director
Printing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/07/2020

"Poor communication with eHopper - scammers!!"

Comments: horrible! Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Pros: You'll never see bad reviews about eHopper as it is hard to find any reviews for them. We started setting up at the start of 2020, started the setting up process and then we have been ghosted ever since and we have still yet to hear off [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about having our tills set up, but sure they take out the direct debit each month without fail and it's been quite a few months now.

Cons: customer service is terrible. Why sell a software that some customers never get chance to use because you don't help us set it up .

• Reviewed on 04/07/2020
Marie-helene M.
Dairy, 2-10 Employees

"Our new pos"

Pros: Easy to use and affordable! Great customer service.

Cons: Still missing few options like traffic report...

by eHopper on 29/10/2018

Thanks Marie-Helene, very please to hear you are happy with eHopper's Support team!

Jacob C.
Founder/Owner
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2018

"Still missing a few things"

Comments: Its been frustrating but were still hanging in there

Pros: Clock in and out, inventory services, potential commence integration

Cons: The fact that if something is in a matrix we can't see the total quality of USD of stock we have for that particular item

Laz R.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2018
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2018

"eHopper customer experience"

Comments: For the most part, the service fills our need at this time.

Pros: We have a convenience store and the inventory management can be very helpful. Also the customer service is very good.

Cons: There are a few small programming options that would be helpful. For example, after the last update they took away the ability to turn off the receipt printing so that we didn't have the "uncheck" that option after every single transaction. We are in a small community and don't have much traffic but with 100 transactions per day that's 100 times we have to click a button. It's not a huge deal but there are just little things like that they overlook I think.

by eHopper on 27/08/2018

Hi,
We'd love to hear more, specifically, about your need to uncheck the receipt printing option. If you could contact us, at your convenience, perhaps there's a work around we can set up for you. Just reply here, or reach out to our Support line. I really appreciate you taking the time to provide us this feedback.Let's see how we can help!

Auditor de Tecnologías de Información
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2018

"Recommended"

Pros: Easy of use, products display, currency options

Cons: Diagrams of restaurant tables, price of the product

by eHopper on 29/10/2018

Thanks for the feedback! It's great to hear you're happy with your eHopper experience. Table management is on our road map, stay tuned for updates on this soon!

• Reviewed on 19/10/2018
Lynn O.
Manager of Sales
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2018

"Small business"

Comments: been great printers work fine - and easy for staff which is very important

Pros: Looks Great - easy for the staff - back office is what i have been looking for

Cons: stock take is not doing what i need Need a fast cash out to help staff when bar is busy need more metric measurements for australia

by eHopper on 24/08/2018

Thanks Lynn,
We really appreciate you taking the time to respond. Continued customer feedback is a crucial part of our entire process. I'm glad Back Office is what you're looking for. Please know that we are actively working to upgrade features and provide things like fast cash outs and improved localization options. If there's a specific upgrade for your business, know that you can always reach out to our Support line with any questions or concerns.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2018