Kangaroo Reviews

by Kangaroo Rewards

• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.6 /5

About Kangaroo

Digital loyalty program for businesses with branded app. Automated marketing, discount engine, raffle module, integrated, support.

Learn more about Kangaroo

Showing 25 reviews of 47

Andrea L.
General Manager

"Kangaroo review"

Comments: We love having an easy loyalty program that is really good. I like how we've been able to customize it for our slowest day (Wednesdays) to give more points. I am able to reach someone quickly in customer service when I need to.

Pros: No app is required! This is huge to customers and has encouraged many people to join it. I like that it is based on phone number as well because I think that is easier for people to remember than an email. I love the features with the text/email blast options.

Cons: We have been integrating this into our new point of sale system from our old point of sale. We've run into some issues with points/settings not correctly transferring over. I also wish there was a more efficient way to show points on the receipt- right now points are only shown if you replace the notes section in the point of sale. This is more of an integration issue that I hope can be worked out.

by Kangaroo Rewards on 24/12/2019

Hello Andrea,
Thank you for the positive review. We are happy to read that our program is working well for you especially as a tool to enhance business on Wednesdays. Our support & development team will look into your issue regarding displaying the points on the receipt for your new POS system. Thank you for your continued support and fidelity. we value your business.

Mitsuko O.
Director of Operations Support
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2018

"Great program; very receptive to customer suggestions; constantly updating; easy for staff to use!"

Comments: We are able to easily and effectively manage our customer loyalty program. Our customers are happy and our staff are happy!

Pros: - Very easy and intuitive for the staff to use at the sales counter.
- They are integrated with Lightspeed Retail.
- The development team is very receptive to suggestions and feedback.
- We have the ability to have "automatic" discounts and offers for our loyalty members, and the staff don't have to think about it or remember them!
- We can send marketing through Kangaroo, which has the potential to eliminate our current email marketing provider
- The price is fair

Cons: - They don't have full access to Lightspeed's API, so there are limitations on the offers that we can offer to our customers automatically. The program has so many offers available, but they can't integrate into Lightspeed yet.
- We aren't able to show the customer's current points balance on the sales screen yet (because doing so overwrites the customer's notes)
- The user interface in the admin portal is slow(ish) to respond
- When updating points balances, there isn't a way to note the reason

by Kangaroo Rewards on 18/01/2018

Mitsuko, Thank you so much for your valuable feedback.
I'm glad to announce that based on your requests, these features were added to our core platform:

- Access to the full customer loyalty profile from the Sales Screen (including adjustment of points, history of rewards and redemptions, change of consent, etc...)

- We also added additional Promo types you asked for including buy over a certain amount and get a free product or a discount.

We are different because we action on our customers feedback and yours has been amazing!
Thank you!

• Reviewed on 11/01/2018
Ron V.
OWNER
  • Reviewed on 25/12/2019

"Comunicating with my customers"

Comments: We will be communicating better with our customers once we start using all of the features available in the app & the people at Kangaroo have been easy to work with

Pros: It integrates with Lightspeed and I needed a rewards program & a way to communicate with my customers

Cons: I feel it is rather expensive, partly because I don't have time to set up and use all of the features I'm paying for. I think the Lightspeed app is expensive also but I need something to run my business effectively and these apps work well together

Hello Ron,
Thank you for the positive review. We're pleased to hear that Kangaroo has proven itself to be an effective rewards & communication tool for your business. We understand that there are a lot of features available on our platform, however we assure you that once you have taken the time to activate all the features, the program will really flourish and provide even greater benefits. If you require additional help, please feel free to reach out to our support team. We are always happy to help! Thank you once again for choosing Kangaroo Rewards, we appreciate your business!

Best Regards, Team Kangaroo

• Reviewed on 25/12/2019
Heather T.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2020

"Wonderful Choice for a Loyalty Program"

Pros: I love the unique features that Kangaroo offers to retarget existing customers and how they are all built into one platform! It's so much more than just a points based system. Having the ability to tag customers and segment them for marketing is worth every penny!

Cons: There are a few features I wish were more customizable to our brand and I wish customers could be set to a certain tier level on a case by case basis, without having to do that for all of your customers. We have several thousand customers enrolled in our loyalty program so it's unfeasible.

by Kangaroo Rewards on 07/02/2020

Hello Heather,
Thank you for the excellent review! We're thrilled to hear that Kangaroo is meeting your business needs. We are a bit concerned about your comments regarding the customer tiers and our support team will reach out shortly to help you with your customer tier objectives. Thank you for choosing Kangaroo!

Best,

• Reviewed on 03/02/2020
Katerina S.
General manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2019

"Kangaroo Rewards"

Comments: Overall it is a good app and customers like it because it gives them an opportunity to collect points with every shopping.

Pros: Kangaroo rewards is fairly easy to use. Layout is clear and ads are not overpowering.

Cons: With frequent updates on one of our tablets we need to go directly into play store and click update manually, it doesn't do it itself. Sometimes system freezes.

Hello Katerina,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're proud to hear that your customers are enjoying earning points and that Kangaroo software is easy for you to use and manage. We will look into automating the system updates to enhance your user experience. Thank you for your continued support and fidelity.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2019
Josue G.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2020

"Great Customer Loyalty Program"

Comments: I would say it is a 7. My main positive feedback is that it's great Loyalty program.

Pros: It is easy to use and set up a campaign for customers. It is easily integrated into my POS and I can redeem my clients rewards points with an ease.

Cons: It can take a while to set up a campaign and I need to remind myself to do one consistently

by Kangaroo Rewards on 29/01/2020

Hello Josue,
Thank you for taking the time to review Kangaroo Rewards. We're pleased to read that the Kangaroo is working well for you and that it's easy to use! We understand that it can be difficult to remember to send out campaigns, which is why we have campaign automation. This way, you can plug in your campaign dates and offers in advance and everything will be sent automatically. You can basically set & forget!
Our support team will reach out shortly to offer assistance. Thanks again for choosing Kangaroo, your business is important to us.

• Reviewed on 23/01/2020
Nicolas E.
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2016

"Excellent Experience, I recommand"

Comments: Customers love the system and it's very easy to use for everybody. We recommend Kangaroo Rewards to all the stores.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2016
Diandra A.
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2016

"Great concept that clients love"

Comments: We installed Kangaroo at our Café situated on Fleury street.
All clients that use it are addicted to it and love the rewards that come with it.
It is a client way to show appreciation to all our loyal costumers!
Easy to use, great staff to help us out anytime we need to make promotions as well! Love the team at Kangaroo,
highly recommend it.

Michael M.

"Mascot plus inc"

Comments: It's was all a great service and tool to boost our sales. The features were nice and were very user-friendly.

Peter L.
Supermarkets, 11-50 Employees

"Great Business Tool"

Comments: It's a great tool to reward our clients. They are after all the most important part of any business.

Pros: That it's easy to use .

Zondre W.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2019

"Best option for Lightspeed"

Pros: The biggest advantage is that it is fully integrated with Lightspeed POS and E-comm. So, it helps us to create a seamless customer experience. The basic features, such as tracking customer purchase history in analytics and being able to send offers to all of the customers, works at least as well as other loyalty programs.

Cons: A lot of the additional features promised, such as being able to do targeted campaigns based on purchase history and promotions based on category, don't work as promised. The software doesn't capture the information necessary to do targeted campaigns. And, when you try to do a promotion based on a category, you can't select the category from Lightspeed. You have to tag all of the products, which is a lot of extra work.

Hello Zondre,
Thank you for taking the time to review our software. We were surprised to see that you're experiencing issues with targeted marketing. We pride ourselves on our comprehensive integration with Lightspeed POS and the granular targeting and customer segmentation capabilities Your review has been forwarded to our support team who will reach out shortly to address your pain points. Thank you once again for choosing Kangaroo Rewards to power your loyalty program. We appreciate your business.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2019
Tim N.
president
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2019

"good product"

Comments: fairly good prdouct

Pros: nice simple product to use ... nice to be able to provide customers with rewards ...

Cons: missing some features that another product had ... need to be able to let people know when they have a discount ...

Hello Tim,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're pleased to hear that our loyalty software is easy to use and your customers enjoy collecting rewards. As for notifying members when they have a discount, Kangaroo offers several options. Customers may be notified by email automation, SMS Text or push notifications via the APP. I will have our support team reach out shortly to address your concerns. Thank you once again for choosing Kangaroo Rewards. We appreciate your business.

• Reviewed on 22/12/2019
Andre L.
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2019

"A Rewards System that Grows with Your Business"

Comments: Customer retention is very vital to several businesses. Many people hate how cell phone service companies always try to market to get new customers into contracts while neglecting their long time customers and not providing the best service/deals/etc. I see the majority of my sales from 80% as returning customers. So it's important to me to keep reminding them that I should be a destination for their shopping. The rewards does a great deal to keep bringing people back to me while I utilize social media to attract new customers.

Pros: I love how Kangaroo Rewards integrates with my Lightspeed POS system. It is very straightforward and easy to use. I can customize how my customers receive points/rewards/bonuses and more! It feature automatic campaigns that reach out to my at-risk customers that reminds them that I still should be part of their shopping experience/reminders. I like the support the company gives to the users. They are always willing to improve the rewards system and also willing to listen to make changes that I find not useful/difficult/confusing. We are part of the top 5 users of Kangaroo Rewards in the franchise that I am in and it's been a great experience so far!

Cons: My major complaint to the company was the layout on the administrator's website. I find it very difficult to navigate and find exactly what I need. Some of the self-service FAQ's have been down for a bit but they are finally back up. At a conference I attended, Kangaroo Rewards assured to me that there is an update coming and will be available soon that addresses all my concerns! So it's exciting to see that they are listening to user feedback.

Hello Andre,
Thank you for the glowing review! It was a pleasure meeting you at the conference and we're thrilled that our software is helping to contribute to the success of your business! Thank you for your ongoing support and fidelity, we appreciate your business.

Warm Regards,

Scott W.
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2019

"Three years growing our business with Kangaroo"

Comments: Excellent tool for our company. Much better than the plastic cards which cost more and customers lose. Or the paper punch cards we used before the plastic.

Pros: Easy to use, easy to train employees to navigate and log customer points.

Cons: It's a two step process with input into our POS. It would be nice if it could be integrated.

Hello Scott,
Thank you for the fantastic review! We're happy to hear that Kangaroo is working well for your business. We're always thrilled to hear that our program is easy, effective and provides great value. Thank you for choosing Kangaroo Rewards, we appreciate your business.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2019
Hailey R.
Director, Marketing and COmmunications
Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2019

"Style Rewards at Interior Design House"

Pros: Easy to setup
UX is straightforward
affordable

Cons: Design of the UX
How it needs to be administered using the tablet and not on the PC
Backend isn't as straightforward as I would like - newsletters aren't user friendly

by Kangaroo Rewards on 03/01/2020

Hello Hailey,
Thank you for taking the time to review our loyalty software. We're thrilled to learn that the program is bringing great value and is straightforward to use. We are presently evaluating the user experience to optimize the pain points you mentioned. Thank you for choosing Kangaroo Rewards and we appreciate your business.

Regards, Team Kangaroo

Curt M.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2016

"Kangaroo helped us in so many ways!"

Comments: We don't use Adwords and Facebook ads anymore' We decided to use Kangaroo for marketing, loyalty and customer retention since this is the only thing that really worked for us. Kangaroo proved itself time and time again. We are actually Kangaroo fanatics :)

Pros: ease of use for both Merchants and Customers.

Cons: Nothing to mention other than whatever we want to have, we just ask for it and they add it for everyone else to benefit from. they're amazing!

• Reviewed on 22/09/2016
Darren D.
COO
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Rewards"

Pros: The ability to send text messages to customers direct.

Cons: Cost of the program plus adding in texting costs runs high.

Hello Darren,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We''re disappointed to learn that you feel that the value of the program is not reflected in the cost. If you're open to it, I can have our support team run through all the features with you that are available within the program so that you can maximize your program and gain full value. Your business is important to us as is your success.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2019
Chris S.
  • Reviewed on 26/12/2019

"Kangaroo is Great!"

Comments: Overall experience (from initial contact to using the app) was exceptional.

Pros: Kangaroo has the amount of customization we were looking for from a loyalty, promotion, and marketing package. We have used other loyalty programs and for a similar cost we were able to transfer to Kangaroo successfully and our customers love it.

Cons: There was a bit of a learning curve, but after our employees learned how Kangaroo was integrated into our POS system they love it.

Hello Chris,
Thank you for the exceptional review! We're thrilled to have you on-board and delighted to hear that your experience has been everything we promised. Thank you once again for choosing Kangaroo to power your loyalty program.

• Reviewed on 26/12/2019
Renjit L.
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"Efficient tool for loyalty program management"

Pros: Ease of use
Start (test) small and expand
Flexible pricing options
Good onboarding process

Cons: Still in the initial phase and yet to identify cons

by Kangaroo Rewards on 16/12/2019

Thank you for the 5 Star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Kangaroo Rewards.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2019
Raj S.
Business Owner
Retail
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2016

"The Right Tool for small businesses"

Comments: Product with unlimited options, very customizable. Support team is very dedicated and works until solution is customised to your satisfaction. Price is reasonable. The best bang for your bucks

Pros: Ease of operation
Options available in the setup.
Giftcard and alacarte option.
Pricing

Cons: None

Brenda M.
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020

"not a good product"

Comments: None

Pros: There was nothing that stood out about this software

Cons: not user friendly. Did not work as promised. Did not get the customer service I needed

by Kangaroo Rewards on 03/03/2020

Hello Brenda,
Thank you for taking the time to review our loyalty solution. We are disappointed to hear that Kangaroo was not a good fit for your needs. Kangaroo's platform performs best in traditional retail, service, restaurant or wholesaler environments. While our platform can be used for non-traditional retail models, it requires a higher level of preparedness. We thank you for allowing our support team to work with you and we sincerely hope that you find the right solution for your business.

Best Regards, Team Kangaroo

• Reviewed on 26/02/2020
Anastasia M.
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2017

"Very helpful team... Personally I am tech challenged so the help is great. Integration with POS gre"

Comments: Able to get assistance right away and they are willing to walk you through the steps. It is now integrated with my POS and I'm loving it even more.

• Reviewed on 05/01/2017
Travis S.

"Great Customer service"

Comments: Love the application it does everything I want and more for the right price. I highly recommended them.

Amanda josalene W.
Fragrances
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2019

"Helped to reward my repeat customers :)"

Comments: Overall, Kangaroo has proved a success for myself and my business, and my customers are very satisfied that I am now able to give them a loyalty rewards program.

Pros: I run a small scale business but we have fantastic profits and a lot of repeat customers, and Kangaroo was able to help me develop my own rewards program for my loyal & dedicated customers/clients. Kangaroo was very easy to learn and to navigate, which reduced the time it took to be able to achieve the rewards system that I wanted to great. When you're running a business with a close-knit team but have high production demands, time is very important, and I praise Kangaroo for helping me develop my rewards system without forcing me into spending too much time trying to learn how to navigate the software.

Cons: I don't have any cons; I still use Kangaroo on my site!

by Kangaroo Rewards on 12/03/2019

Hello Amanda,
Thank you for the 5 star review! We're delighted to hear that our loyalty software has been easy to implement and instrumental in the growth of your company. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to servicing your loyalty needs for years to come!

Warm Regards,
Valerie - Kangaroo Rewards

• Reviewed on 11/03/2019
Joshua L.
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2020

"The Loyalty Program we were looking for"

Comments: We did everything manually which meant a lot of customers slipped through the cracks. Kangaroo allows us to properly reward our customers and makes that process very streamlined. Another very important aspect fo Kangaroo was that they were willing to work with us although we are a small operation in Belize.

Pros: Firstly it linked with our POS which was a big plus for us and although this has nothing to do with the actual program, the customer attention for onboarding and setup was great. There are so many options for how guests can be rewarded that you almost get lost, but this allows you to specialize days, weeks, a certain time and so forth allowing for a very customizable service.

Cons: My biggest concern is the sign-in page for the customer. It is a little too basic for my liking and doesn't properly resize for the screen used. I wish it looked more like a web app that a webpage.

by Kangaroo Rewards on 29/01/2020

Hello Joshua,
Thank you for the 5 Star review! We're delighted that our loyalty software is exactly what you were looking for to help you meet your business's goals and that our support team's attentiveness is appreciated. We like to practice what we preach and work hard to create an exceptional customer experience. Your comments regarding the sign-in page will be reviewed by our development team and a member of our support team will reach out shortly. Thanks again for choosing Kangaroo Rewards to power your loyalty program.

Best,