• Overall

About Todoist

Todoist is the world's #1 to-do list & task manager to organise your life and work.

Learn more about Todoist

Showing 1,391 reviews

Danielle N.
Video Editor and Social Media Content Creator
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"So Helpful for Managing Day-to-Day Tasks"

Comments: Overall Todoist has been super helpful with managing my day-to-day tasks. I will continue to develop better and better ways to use the tool to improve my workflow.

Pros: I appreciate being able to break tasks down into sub-tasks and even sub-sub-tasks; and then color code and arrange them by priority.
The "Today" view helps me focus on only the tasks I am working on today.
With the "Upcoming" view I can glance ahead at tasks over the coming week or more.
The natural language recognition feature comes in handy for setting due dates and times. For instance, Todoist will recognize "due in 2 weeks" and create the specified task with a due date 2 weeks from today's date.
Additional features such as projects and tags and color coding offer additional flexibility in organized your tasks.

Cons: Certain handy functions only work in Project view, and I work primarily in Today view.
I have not found the iPhone app as handy as I would have hoped, so 95% of the time I'm using the web app (I have not tried the desktop app).
For me, in Light Mode the red and orange colors for Priority 1 and 2 respectively are difficult to tell apart. In Dark Mode, the distinction is clear, but sometimes Dark Mode doesn't work so well for me during the day.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
Matthew G.
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2020

"Todoist helps me run both my personal and professional lives."

Comments: Todoist keeps me on track and ahead by reminding me what needs to be done and when.

Pros: I use Todoist every single day to help me manage my professional life - tasks at work in collaboration with peers - as well as my personal life - shopping lists and lists for things to do around the house.

Cons: The only thing at this moment I wish Todoist had was a way to view project completion stats.

• Reviewed on 03/09/2020
Louis L.
Furniture, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2021

"Todoist runs my life"

Pros: There's not a single thing i have to do in my life/comany i do not add to todoist. This is literally a part of my brain. I use todoist since 5 years now i would be completely lost without it. I am in the top 1% of users. With time you can see that everything is so much more well thought than on concurent apps : shortcut, clarity...

Cons: i was really happy with this app. But i am maybe about to leave it soon because there is no gantt vision project. Please Todoist team, add this feature !!

• Reviewed on 07/02/2021
Agustina V.
junior fellow
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2019

"Simple and straightforward task manager"

Comments: So far, so good. very simple. I used to used other much more complicated task managers and they were a pain. Todoist meets all my needs.

Pros: This software is very easy to use, and a great tool to keep my to do's organized. I can make separate projects, tasks under those projects, and tasks under those main tasks. It's also very easy to set due date: you just type "tomorrow!, "next monday", or whatever date into the task and it automatically recognizes it as a due date. No more scrolling around tiny calendars. You can also set recurring tasks very easily, e.g. "check-in about project every Monday". The softaware will regcognize "every Monday" as a recurring task and will add it to your to do's on such days. Also, it gives you an overview of the teasks for today, tomorrow, and further into the future. The interface is super user friendly and the design is simple but elegant. The mobile up is fantastic. You can also share your projects with others, which I find very useful.

Cons: It has a couple bugs, like not adding a task when I want it to (meaning, pressing "save" and nothing happens). Easily fixable I suppose.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2019
Thomas W.
Sr. Content Marketer
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2021

"My go-to task management app for work and play"

Comments: I tried Todoist years ago and left it for Things 3, but Todoist feels a lot more native now on each platform, and the app looks great. Happy user here.

Pros: I keep a lot of stuff in Todoist: project schedules, shopping lists, games I'd like to play. One of the big reasons I love Todoist is the speed of task entry. The natural language input is fast and easy to use, and you don't really have to think much about the syntax. I also love how they've added descriptions to tasks (great for adding URLs).

Cons: Task names do respect Markdown, so you can insert a link as part of a task title and make the thing clickable. What I don't like is that there's no auto-complete functionality when you try to do this. So you have to manually type out a link like [Google a Giraffe](www.google.com), which isn't easy to do on mobile (or PC for that matter).

• Reviewed on 15/07/2021
Matha M.
Nurse
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2020

"Quick and Easy Tasking"

Pros: Todoist is easy to use.
You can just scroll down your notification panel and find your plus sing for Todoist there, click it and boom, you're adding a task. No need to open your app drawer.
It has autodetection of date and time as you type your tasks on it.
It has different types of widgets and you can put more than one widget on a screen.
You can choole different notification styles and tones for your reminders.
Snoozing feature is very handy, it keeps you tracking your task until it is finished.
It automatically arranges/sorts your tasks in order of time, starting from overdue, today, tomorrow and days to come.
When all activities are completed, Todoist gives a report on the finished tasks, which gives some motivation.
Reminders/tasks can also be tagged.
You can add subtasks and description under one task.
I also like the search feature on the app, which helps you find your taks or event easier.
It also has filter, to further simplify the job of searching your reminders, events of tasks

Cons: There is no inbuilt calendar, wish there was one.
If you have a small sreen on your phone, just few tasks will fill up the screen. The gap between tasks is not as you would see in other applications.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2020
Technical Writer
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2019

"Unload your head"

Comments: Probably the hardest part of Todoist is taking the time to break out the tasks in your life and get them into the system so you can have it all there. Keeping up with it after that isn't so bad and gives great peace of mind knowing that you don't need to keep all this stuff at the forefront all the time.

Pros: Gives a cross-platform means of recording whatever it is you need to get done in any area of life. Track all the steps of major projects. Break everything down action by action. Record a quick note for yourself wherever it is you think of it. Get it out of your head and into a system you trust to reduce stress and anxiety. The free version contains enough features to be useable, but the reasonably-priced pro version does add the important feature of reminders if you're the type to need that, on top of many other enhancements that let you organize more effectively if that's the kind of life you've got.

Cons: The worst I could say is the features like reminders and task notes are locked behind the paid version but is that really a con? It's a good software and not littered with ads in the free version so if those are features you need, it's probably worth paying the modest cost for.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2019
Ryan S.
Assistant Professor
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2019

"Use it every day"

Pros: I've bounced around between a half dozen different task management systems, but Todoist is the first one I've stuck with for more than a month or two. I've been using it now for over a year to manage all the things I work on. It's awesome because it's easy to schedule items across projects and see what I have to work on today. The integrations with other applications like Pomodone make it easy to make everything work within my workflow, and they don't try to restrict how you use your todo list. Their support is also really good, and they have a very quick release cycle. I once notified the company about an issue and a fix was released within a day. It's a solid application, and they keep making it easier to use. I love the natural language processing on your todos that automatically converts text to a due date. I can say "Work on X feature on Monday" and "on Monday" gets translated into a due date for the next week. Having an email address I can send/forward things to to add them to my todo list is great. I use it all the time to keep my Inbox empty, but make sure I'm still tracking all the todo items in my list.

Cons: The desktop application for Windows is pretty mediocre. I just use the website because the application feels limited somehow.

• Reviewed on 13/04/2019
Mitxel T.
Military Officer
Military, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2020

"Best task tracker, hands-down."

Comments: Todoist is fantastic and I have no complaints. It has allowed me to organize my life and get more things done.

Pros: Todoist is the best task tracking app and software that I have ever used. I have tried multiple different native and otherwise task trackers and nothing has come close to todoist in terms of functionality and easy of use. The intelligent scheduler that allows you to type plain language when something is and if it repeats or not is second to none and it makes setting up tasks easy

Cons: There really isn't anything that I can complain about when it comes to todoist. I don't pay for the premium subscription and I think that it would be nice to have some of the features available to everyone, but the subscription really is not that expensive, and it would be worth it to upgrade. I am just too cheap ;)

• Reviewed on 15/06/2020
Robb G.
Technology Advisor
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2018

"The easy way to keep your life on task"

Comments: Todo list has helped me get back control of my time when it comes to task scheduling and being able to not have things full thru the cracks. I am so much more efficient.

Pros: The hands-down best two features of this application are the chrome extension and the mobile app. It's so easy to pop open either way and start to put in what your tasks are or even better know what still needs to be done and then click the check mark to say it's done. The schedule feature could not be any easier to use to set your date and time. Just type in plain English and bam it understand it and schedules it. If you want to know what still needs to be done then just click it open and you see at a glance everything you still need to do. I love the feature to re-schedule things you can get done, it's a click of one button, and it puts them in the best time slots it thinks you will get them done. Since it is using AI, it gets better over time at knowing your time schedule tendencies.

Cons: Since it uses AI at first it's not that good at re-scheduling items for it just puts them on the next day. At times it does not fully understand what time and date your putting in and seems to get confused when you are on the mobile app.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2018
Cemre L.
HR Coordinator
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2019

"Todoist is Wonderful"

Comments: Overall, I really do enjoy Todoist. It is a great app to keep you organized.

Pros: I really love Todoist and the ease of using something so simple but effective. Adding things on to your list is so easy and the feature that allows you to type the date and time you want to be reminded is a huge time saver. It keeps you organized with the multiple labels you can place on your items, and it keeps you motivated with the fun "Karma points" you get when you complete tasks. I love that.

Cons: I really hate this app around any daylight savings change. Honestly - everything else about this app is practically flawless but this one thing. Everything gets shifted and doesn't revert back to normal for DAYS after daylight savings​ happens. Contacting customer support is useless during this time because they're being flooded with emails and calls about the same problem. Hopefully,​ they have fixed this issue.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2019
AV Support Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2021

"Customizable way to keep you organized!"

Comments: Once I found Todoist, I haven't looked back. I've been a premium customer for a long time now. Location based reminders are what brought me in, but innovation has kept me there.

Pros: Todoist keeps innovating and adding new organizational features. But one the things I like most that you can pull up the app on any device and everything stays in sync. Oh, and did someone say location based reminders?!

Cons: Because Todoist is so easy to learn it has made me to do list crazy a bit. I have way too many lists and need to reorganize them all. But hey, that very straight forward to do.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2021
Ashley C.
Patient Services Representative
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2019

"Stay Organized!"

Comments: Great! I feel so accomplished when Todoist tells me I completed multiple goals in one day. You don’t realize how many tasks you complete in one day and seeing that notification that I’m doing a good job motivates me to complete more tasks and stay focused.

Pros: Love how you can organize your daily, weekly, monthly and even annual tasks! Set a date for any task and Todoist will remind you when to complete! Also you can assign task to other people or groups. I love how easy it is to create and assign tasks—very user friendly. My favorite part about Todoist is that you can create templates, and import/export information from a template multiple times. For example, you can create an on boarding template for a new hire that includes all the necessary steps or tasks required to make that new hire an employee. Tasks can be as simple as “copy of US Passport”. If you want to get real fancy, you can create principal tasks with sub tasks underneath it, such as, principal task: “New Patient Paperwork” then sub tasks: “Health Questionnaire” , “Medications List”, “Copy of Insurance Card and Driver’s License”, etc. Follow the videos on Todoist’s website as they will walk you through how to complete templates and principal tasks with sub tasks! They are very helpful!

Cons: It doesn’t work very well as a computer application software. It works better as an internet application software, or works better when you log on from the internet. I also was interested in an iPhone app for personal use and I don’t think they have one. If they do, by all means, download it for every day task organization!

• Reviewed on 15/05/2019
James R.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2021

"THE. BEST. TO. DO. APP."

Comments: I love every feature of the product! I'll never use anything else and the annual premium subscription is well worth it!

Pros: Literally everything. I've tried every to do list app under the sun and there's none better than Todoist. I love how it understands logic to enter due dates, projects, etc. The app is amazing. The Kudos feature is amazing. And the report that you get at the end of every year showing all you did during the whole year is pretty cool as well!

Cons: It can have a bit of a learning curve at the beginning, but that's just because it's more sophisticated than other similar apps. But once you do get the hang of it, there's no way you'll go anywhere else!

• Reviewed on 09/02/2021
Dan S.
Assistant Director of Advancement Services
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Great for recurring tasks"

Pros: I have been using the free version for a while now and really like the ability to set a recurring schedule for tasks (daily, weekly, monthly, annually, etc.) as many of the projects I need to work on repeat on a fairly regular schedule. If I am pulled in another direction temporarily, Todoist has a quick and easy list that I can return to and it also allows me to prioritize my day with the ability to assign "priority flags" to particular tasks.

Cons: There is no tracking or seeing your completed tasks (because it is the free version) to see if there are any trends in how you work that might show areas for improvement.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Social Media Manager & Administrative Support
Mining & Metals, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2019

"The Best To-Do App for Me"

Comments: Overall, I am very happy with the app. I use it every day for managing and planning my to-do list at work and personal stuff.

Pros: Todoist is like a to-do app and project management software combined. At first I was very hesitant to use it because of its subscription model. I'm not a fan of subscription type apps but still I use it because of it's great features. I use it for work and personal stuff, applying the GTD method. You can create unlimited projects, sub-projects, tasks and sub-tasks. Other features are available for premium users only - like using tags and filters, which are very important for this kind of app for easier management and organization. I also like the cross platform capability, it can be used on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android.

Cons: Other great features are for premium users only and pricing is a little bit high for me. I wish they could offer a one-time payment for the app.

• Reviewed on 31/12/2019
Luis ignacio C.
Diseñador gráfico
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2019

"The program that my life needed for order."

Comments: One of the great benefits is to be able to include all the work team in a single platform, so you can evaluate who is responsible and the dates they have for each task assigned. It is a very efficient platform to organize work and who should respond. It is the intelligent virtual assistant that helps you not to have scattered spaces within your work teams. Personally, I have managed to improve my organization and be able to meet clients without forgetting anything. Reminders and being able to share tasks, has improved the performance of the daily activities that I acquire.

Pros: 24 hours seems like many hours, but when you have several jobs and responsibilities in publishing content and others, your life can be quite busy, so do not leave home. With Todoist I have achieved the balance I was looking for to be able to fulfill everything. I like that I can easily separate everything I have to do in a day, for weeks or in the month. I have managed to return my social life, scheduling space to go out and share with my friends and family. You can with Todoist, build projects in your calendar, in which you can dedicate the right and precise time so that you do not lose the notion of each effort that you dedicate to it, as well as the necessary periods for review and many other things that by routine escape Another element that I like a lot, is that I can include other related people in my plans, which saves me time in sending emails or notices, Todoist does everything for me.

Cons: They have invested a lot of time and inventiveness to offer one of the best time-organizing platforms I've ever met. I believe that the positive aspects are greater than the negative ones, so for my part, I only appreciate their multiple options and benefits for the organization of my work.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2019
Joshua K.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"As both a business owner + someone with a busy personal life, Todoist helps keep me on track!"

Comments: ToDoist has allowed me to keep track of my endless list of to-dos across both my business and personal life.

Pros: I've used several "To-Do" list apps in the past, but none of them have ever stuck, until ToDoist. What started as a way for me to keep track of work tasks quickly became my go-to app for keeping me honest with my never-ending list of to-dos both in business and personal life. The ability to create multiple to-do lists and share them with multiple (and unique) people sets us up for success and accountability. I also love being able to assign a task to somebody on the shared list and provide a due date for each individual task. I've also connected ToDoist to my Amazon Echo Dot, so I can ask support team to add items to my shopping list or tasks to my to-do list. When a task is completed and checked off by someone other than me, I love that I get a mobile push notification confirming that fact, in real time. Finally, having the app on my phone along with on my iMac makes for seamless use regardless of where I'm currently working. Overall, I've been very satisfied with ToDoist!

Cons: There are some quirks to the program, but nothing that turns me off from using it. For example, each list is considered a "Project" and each project can have sub-categories. When adding a new task to a project, you are not given the option of a sub-category. Therefore, the task defaults to the bottom of the list. You then have to scroll to the bottom and drag/drop the task under the sub-category you want it to be in. I sometimes accidentally drop it in a fashion that it creates a sub-sub-category and then I have to manually change everything in that sub-category back over. I also have not found value to the Productivity Score I am given on a daily basis, along with a lifetime score. I appreciate the psychological benefit of game-ifying your to-do list, but it's just not something I find necessary.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Scott B.
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2019

"Intuitive product, quick to implement"

Comments: I'm a proud premium member because the software does its job and doesn't get in my way. I use it for both my work and personal tasks, but separating the two out is really simple to do.

Pros: I've tried dozens of systems for my day-to-day tasks, and finally landed on Todoist a couple years ago. The natural language processing for entering in tasks makes it easy to type something in using the iOS app and pick up where I left off later on my Mac. Typing in a date automatically adds the date information, which means I can just type "add photo to new blog post tomorrow" and have the task on tomorrow's list without having to fiddle in menus. As they say, it just works.

Cons: Things that "just work" tend to have their little nuances that mean sometimes it doesn't just work. Todoist is constantly pushing out updates behind the scenes through their server back-end, which means you're always on the latest version of the software even if you don't update the client software. Sometimes that means they move too fast and break things. There have been multiple occasions where the software suddenly doesn't work as expected and I have to wait a couple hours for them to push out a fix. Perhaps their testing procedures will meet enterprise expectations eventually, but this is normal for cloud services these days...

• Reviewed on 01/08/2019
Shanna T.
Social Media Specialist
Marketing & Advertising, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/01/2020

"Todoist: Where My Professional and Personal Lives Meet"

Comments: Todoist is reliable, simple and collaborative. It's less glitchy than other options, and has streamlined my life so now I can spend more time knocking out my tasks and less time prioritizing work and personal tasks through multiple different systems.

Pros: The Projects Feature is the absolute best part of Todoist! I was working between a few different programs (Outlook, Google Tasks, Google Notes, Smartsheet and Evernote), and needed one central place to keep notes and to-do lists for my personal and professional life. The collaboration tools allow me and my coworkers to share notes and to-do lists on joint projects, and me and and my husband to share home renovation punch lists and store to-buy lists, all in one central place. My life feels so much more streamlined since making the switch!

Cons: Since I've worked with so many different programs, I do miss certain functionalities of other programs: the Gantt-style like Smartsheet offers, the ability to sync with my email as seamlessly as Google and Outlook, and task contingency so that not all "to-dos" are shown at once, but overall I landed on Todoist due to it's simple interface and introducing any of the those features would take away from that. The one thing I would change for new users is that it's simple, but not intuitive to schedule recurring tasks. I had to Google the answer, and while it's easy (simple typing "every Monday" after the task does the trick) it seems like putting an icon would have been a no-brainer.

• Reviewed on 06/01/2020
Faith M.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2020

"Keeps Us Organized and On Task"

Comments: Todoist has been a game-changer for us. Its ease of use and interactive feedback helps us stay focused and achieve goals. They continue to work to improve it and a recent update has made using the app even easier. We are never without it when on-site or in the workroom.

Pros: We are theatre costumers who costume 12-14 shows a year. We use Todoist to keep track of all actors and their various costumes needed and the tasks required to complete those costumes. We love how easy it is to add new tasks to an existing one and how flexible each task can be. We can add a due date, assign a team member, and use labels to let us know what needs to be done or where it needs to be retrieved or bought from. It celebrates your productivity and emails you if a task is overdue as well as a report of how you did for the week. We can always tell if we did not use Todoist as faithfully as we should have during a project and in meetings the response to "How do we stay on task and organized?" is always "Remember to update and use Todoist!"

Cons: There is a 300 task limit to every project and we can easily hit that when we are first starting out and getting everything laid out for a show. It would also be nice to add an entire team to a project instead of individuals one at a time.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2020
Souhil S.
Entrepreneur
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2020

"The Best To Do List Tool for Everyone"

Comments: It helped me to save a lot of time and stay focused on what's important because now I know what I have to do daily and everything is saved in the app.
I tried a lot of To-Do List apps and after trying Todoist I can say I finally found what I'm looking for and I'm really happy with it and I will recommend it to anyone who needs a To-Do List app.

Pros: I love it because It's Free and easy to use and I like the clean user interface because It's user friendly and everyone can get used to it in a few minutes also, I like the dark theme option.
I like the Productivity tracking feature because now I can see all the completed tasks and I can set daily and weekly goals.
The clean UI is amazing and without any complicated stuff, you can add projects, labels, and filters with just a few clicks.
The mobile app for me is the best because it has all the features and it's very easy and with a clean and simple user interface.
I can sort my Tasks by priority, project, name or by date, or even by the assignee.
I like the Inbox because I can write my ideas or any general tasks and things I need to do and things I don't need to create a project for them.
Today and Upcoming section are great because I see just what I need to do for example today and I really don't need to worry about tomorrow's tasks...etc.and this gives me the motivation I need to start working and finishing my daily tasks.
I like the cards and how easy I can move them between the sections and also, I like the sub-tasks option because it helped me to stay organized.
I like the Emails I get and this is a cool way to remind me if I missed a task or something.
I can schedule any task using their calendar option and I can have like one week or one month calendar.
There is a lot of helpful YouTube videos about this tool and I learned a lot from them.

Cons: They can add a note-taking option for us because sometimes we need to take quick notes.
They can add a built-in Emoji feature to add some fun and cool stuff to our Lists and Projects.
They can add more helpful features for us in the near future.

• Reviewed on 11/12/2020
Zeynel A.
Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/02/2021

"One of the sofware I wish I had been used before"

Comments: I use Todoist for almost anything in my life. From managing complex project to editing watching, reading shopping list, to scheduling my workout plan to tracking my monthly progress and so on. I also use this software as a bookmark tool for something I need to watch, read or write later. It is like part of my life.

Pros: * It provides almost anything you expect from a productivity app.
* Not only does it help you to create or manage your task but it also motivate you with its feature of karma level.
* The feature of 2 way sync with Google Calendar is great. I can easily schedule my task and plan my day in a calendar, without even have to open Todoist. Being able to create new sub-calendar in your calendar for each project in Todoist, is even better.
* You can create sub-tasks in sub-task in a subs-task and so on. Moreover, for each sub-task, you can add due date, notes. And this feature is really precious while you working on complex project.
* Sorting and grouping features make task management more effective.
* There are shortcuts for almost all stuff. Just typing with keyboard, you can add task, set the due date and priority level and move it to any project. That makes editing projects even faster.
* There are board and list view options. It is really helpful while dealing with different types of projects.
* There are well-organized templates to create a project faster.
* You can create so many project and easily edit, sort, or group them.
* Scheduling options are more than enough. It is so powerful editing recurring tasks.
* Maybe some of the features require payment but I can't complain about it because it is not so expensive and it is effective enough without it premium feature.

Cons: * Although its 2-way sync with Calendars is really powerful, it would better if there was a calendar view option.
* Sometimes, there may be a sync problems with Calendar apps.
* I used to monitor multi-project in one screen. But I cannot do it anymore, after the new updates.
* There could be habit tracker option for recurring tasks .

• Reviewed on 24/02/2021
Laura P.
Production Coordinator
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2019

"Easy To Use, Not So Easy To Organice"

Comments: The founder of the company really likes it to keep track of what everyone is doing so I've been using it for the last 5 months (since I started in this company).
But anyway, I actually keep using the Notes App on Mac which is really similar to Todoist but I can keep my tasks private - which is something I wish I could do on Todoist, not sure if there is a way already but it's not very clear who can see what.

Pros: Me and my team really like how easy to use it is.
It helps keeping track of what needs o be done and lets other people know what's been completed.
It doesn't over complicate things and it's really good that you can have it on your phone and get updates on notifications.

Cons: I get that keeping it simple must be the main idea behind this app. However, I'd appreciate if some hierarchy could be applied when organising the tasks.
The way to organise projects on the left part could be, for example, group into folders so once a project is finished you could, for example, move it to an archive folder.
All the Karma points system and the notifications is a bit confusing or just not clear enough. Is it just to cheer you up when you've completed many tasks or has it got any actual purpose? But the most important: I wish tasks wouldn’t disappear from my inbox right when I complete them.
I wish I could still see them (maybe in a lighter grey colour) so I see what I've completed and then I could manually move them into a project folder when I don't want to see them anymore.
Also, I'd appreciate if some type of colour coding could be applied in some way.

• Reviewed on 10/09/2019
Darien C.
Associate Pastor
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2021

"Todoist is a powerful, intuitive to-do list application with many features & only a few flaws"

Comments: Overall, Todoist has been a life-saver, allowing me to simplify my work life and organize the numerous projects & tasks I have to juggle. While it can be complicated at times and lacks certain features I would love to see, it is the best project management app I've ever used, and I would sorely miss it if Todoist were to be shut down.

Pros: Todoist has simplified my work life - helping to organize all my tasks, projects, and meetings in a simple way that ensures no project is missed. While there is a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to best utilize & organize the platform, the simplicity of it's core features makes it easy for anyone to pick up and use. You are able to hop on their website or app and add a task in an instant; with the ability to schedule the due date, priority, and set it up in a specific project very quickly using their shortcuts. With their team collaboration features, you are also able to assign specific tasks to specific people, allowing for quick and ease collaboration and project management. Plus, Todoist offers numerous templates that help facilitate setup, and a very simple "Karma" rewards system that helps encourage use (and helps make you feel accomplished).

Cons: Todoist offers numerous systems, but unfortunately it can be a bit of a learning curve to learn all the shortcuts (especially when they change periodically) and an effective way to organize the projects & tags. As well, while they offer simple ways to import their templates and allow you to export templates of your own, they don't offer a simple cloud storage solution for those templates - so to load an exported template, you need to download it, keep it, and reupload it when needed. Lastly, they lack the ability to setup certain types of tasks; such as a task with subtasks that all repeat weekly - currently you can schedule them all to happen each week, but the subtasks end up getting listed as full tasks on the due date.

• Reviewed on 10/01/2021