• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.8 /5
    4.7 /5

About Motivosity

Motivosity is an employee engagement platform that helps people be more motivated at work.

Learn more about Motivosity

Claudia R.
Sr. HR Generalist
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2016

"Motivosity Platform"

Comments: LANDESK software has been using the Motivosity platform for employee recognition for roughly 2 years. We have gotten good feedback from our employees about the ease of the site itself. The reporting tools can be a bit clunky, however, the response time from the Motivosity support team is excellent to working through the issues. Additionally, Motivosity has been open to taking our suggestions for changes to fit our company culture and for the most part have been able to make the adjustments to match our needs. If your company does not currently have a recognition tool, I would recommend taking a look at Motivosity.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2016
Austin M.
Vice President, Talent and Human Resources
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2016

"Motivosity - Excellent tool for engagement, retention, core values, gratitude and culture building"

Comments: I have used Motivosity for over a year now. As a VP, Human Capital my main goal is to optimize the talent pool. In everything from retaining key players, to creating an atmosphere of gratitude and high performance, I need tools that help with this focus. Tools that are easy to implement and get everyone involved are critical. Motivosity was introduced and stuck instantly. With the support of Sr. leadership and a culture of high performance, this was a great tool to publicly reward top performers, show that our company cared, create relationships and interactions cross-departmentally, etc... This tool got people involved with each other and allowed us to clarify and drive a culture that focused on revenue generation and top line growth. This tool does not create a culture, but it definitely helps in sustaining the culture we wanted. I would highly recommend it!

Pros: Easy to implement<br> Great and simple UI<br> High adoption rates<br> Created a sense of gratitude and giving<br> Broke down cross departmental barriers
<br>
Used as a directory (source of truth) for knowing who did what<br>
Increased engagement<br> Helped retain top performers by giving public recognition<br> Allowed us to communicate corporate objectives<br> Create large company challenges and rewarded through system<br> Created a sense of unity in the organization

Cons: I would love goal tracking capabilities, but it may not be the objective<br> Getting leadership involved is SO critical, and showing the ROI on that was tough at first

Craig B.
HR Business Partner
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2016

"Motivosity - An Indispensable Tool for Next-Gen Culture"

Comments: We started using Motivosity as a replacement for our previous employee recognition program (which consisted of hand written notes available for employees to fill out at the front desk). Motivosity is far and away the best tool we've used to increase employee engagement. It has changed the way we work in a few different ways: it helps employees recognize and reward each other for help given; connects like-minded individuals throughout the company in things that interest them; helps managers keep track of important dates on their teams (birthdays, work anniversaries, etc.); acts as a searchable company directory, not only for names and contact info but for skills and job responsibilities; gives managers insights into how their employees personalities affect their working relationships; and the list goes on and on.
One of the biggest benefits we've seen is the cultural inclusion of our remote and international employees. It really shrinks our corporate world so employees across the world feel like they're in the same building.
Recently departments besides HR have been using Motivosity to facilitate company-wide rewards for participation in software testing, marketing feedback, and more. Motivosity is a very easy way to incentivize employee participation in those projects.
New features are being added all the time, so the software's value keeps increasing while we use it.
Most importantly, Motivosity is actually used by our employees. A lot. Their interest hasn't fizzled over time, even without constant reminders or initiatives to increase usage. Once Motivosity got going it was self-perpetuating.

Pros: Setup and maintenance is a breeze. We typically have one administrator look things over about once a week, and tools like mass importing and exporting of users and API integration options keep everything up to date.
Motivosity also adapts to varying budget constraints. You can spend as much or as little as you want to administer your recognitions and awards.
Motivosity seems so simple of a tool for the amount of benefits it offers.

Cons: Since Motivosity is relatively new as a product, there are some features that would be nice to have, but aren't available yet. Luckily, since it is so new, the product teams are very responsive to requests for features.

Andrew G.
Customer Success Manager
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2019

"Motivating Coworkers the Right Way"

Comments: This product really helps us achieve our company value of ownership and openness by motivating my colleagues to own different tasks and excel in their performance knowing that they may earn some respect and admiration (and money) from their peers. It helps people also be more aware of the good things people are doing and provides a great way to express gratitude for those actions.

Pros: I love the ease of use I get with Motivosity. The interface is clean and simple and provides a good user experience. I love the ability to see the praise my colleagues receive. Also, who doesn't love receiving a shoutout from their coworkers? This software makes that simple.

Cons: I'm a bit of a competitive person so the leaderboard functionality is great. It isn't always clear, however, what drives that and how I can remain one of the top "givers" in my organization.

• Reviewed on 27/09/2019
Jonathan S.
Senior Director, International Technical Engineering
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"Motivosity"

Pros: Motivosity has brought a wealth of benefits to my team and, I feel, the company as a whole. Being able to recognise team members with a dollar here and there is fun and rewarding for everyone. Being able to recognise individual contributors from other teams and have the rest of the company see the great results achievable through greater collaboration shift everything up a gear. Having the ability to see staff as people rather than just a name in an address book also builds bridges, especially in a global organisation where you might otherwise never see a person's face or ever get to find out that you share similar interests and goals. Motivosity does a great gap of bridging the void that existed between company newsletters and social networks. The integration with third party applications has facilitated rewarding initiatives surrounding health and well-being and the multitude of options for 'cashing out' (store cards, pre-paid credit cards, charities) is welcomed by everyone. The interface is intuitive, interesting to explore, and has always been available, fast and aesthetically pleasing.

Cons: It's hard to think of any negative points surrounding Motivosity - it has filled a gap and, as such, has only brought benefits.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Luke A.
Customer Support Technician
E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2017

"If you don't use Motivosity are you really working the right job?"

Comments: I am a die hard user of Motivosity. I love giving "apology" dollars or pooling together for a pizza a few times a week. I see no other product that gets used in the office as often as Motivosity. The system is user friendly on both the computer or mobile version. I have never had any "bug" issues. Honestly 10/10 I go home and brag about Motivosity or speak of it as a reason why someone should join my company. It is vital to our upbeat workplace environment.

Pros: I love the idea of Motivosity. I like that we can reward either publicly or anonymously co-workers for anything. As well we can give Motivosity for a birthday gift of to celebrate the arrival of a new baby. We can make it both playful of professional. There is no limit to the usability in the work place. The software itself is both intuitive and enjoyable to use.

Cons: n/a keep making a great product to everyone at Motivosity. *high five* to everyone especially the design/engineering team

• Reviewed on 17/04/2017
Christy B.
Executive Administrator
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2016

"Simple and effective way to express appreciation for co-workers. Like REALLY simple!"

Comments: In a day filled with projects and meetings I can express satisfaction with a peer in just one minute.
No need to stop and draft an email - just click into Motivosity and find their name in the drop down. I send them a Motivosity buck or sometimes just the compliment or note of appreciation. Also the tool keeps me apprised of company anniversaries, personal birthdays and other events that are important to the individuals. Also, the badge feature is nice to recognize achievements and certifications that are pertinent to our industry.

Pros: Ease of Use and the popularity of the tool within the teams I work with. Makes it simple and FAST to say thanks! I also love the spell check - thanks for that. The feature that allows you to like or comment on a Motivosity thanks is seriously cool.

• Reviewed on 01/09/2016
Debbie S.
Customer Service Supervisor
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2019

"What Your Employees Want"

Comments: I love Motivosity! Okay, I didn’t at first. I thought how can recognizing someone with a dollar or two here and there be motivating? But Motivosity isn’t really about the money. It’s about letting people know you value them and their contribution – you see their extra effort; you appreciate what they bring to the team each day; you celebrate their accomplishments. Knowing you are appreciated and what you do matters is what really gets you through the tough days. Plus it has helped me to not focus on mistakes and short comings, but look for the many amazing, positive things the people around me do on a daily basis that makes me enjoy coming to work each day. Positive recognition fosters a positive environment. And, what gets recognized gets repeated. Motivosity provides a vehicle for me to recognize fellow employees who demonstrate our company values.

Pros: Ease of use; reminders for birthdays and anniversaries; personality profiles and identifying your personal interests so you can easily identify co-workers with common interests;

Cons: We received limited information when the product was rolled out and I wasn't sure about how to use some of the features. Fortunately, after I checked it out and experimented a little, it was really pretty simple.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2019
Dana P.
Operations Specialist
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2021

"Fun and easy way to give praise"

Comments: I have had a very positive experience with Motivosity. We are given some money to provide recognition to team members each month but we are able to recognize as often as we like. It is fun to see what is happening and to share in others successes.

Pros: It is so easy to recognize team members for a job well done. It is fun to not only give the praise but receive it as well. This platform also give you a bigger window into all the great things that are happening in other departments.

Cons: Editing is sometimes challenging as well as the options around posting photos.

by Motivosity on 27/01/2021

Dana, thanks so much for your review. We're so glad you've enjoyed using Motivosity to appreciate and recognize your coworkers. Our tech team is always working on improving our platform, and including attachments is top on their priority list, stay tuned

• Reviewed on 25/01/2021
Leon C.
IT Recruiter
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2018

"Something new, curious and fun."

Comments: I find it delightful, easy, and fun to use. I believe everyone should give it a try, you might see it lacks a few functions, but I am certain they will be eventually added into the application.

Pros: When we think about a company and its values, we have a tendency to focus on their professionalism and excellence, but rarely do we wonder about how they treat their employees and how they communicate and organize within their structure. Motivosity is one of those odd but beautifully designed softwares that encourages you to create cordial bonds between you and your coworkers. It has shown to be quite effective in terms of including remote employees into the company’s activites, even those who live abroad, creating a kinder working atmosphere. It incentivates the involvement of the employees in a variety of event and projects, that in many cases might have a reward, making it fun to participate. The software's structure is solid, functional and easy to use.

Cons: Motivosity is relatively new in the market, lacking many core functionalities that similar applications already have. Although, you can tell by the way it is designed that they will eventually be implemented. Their category system requires more options.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2018
Travis R.
Senior Global Engagement Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2019

"Great tool for appreciating co-workers/volunteers"

Comments: Overall, Motivosity appears to be well-liked and utilized by our staff. Not everyone has adopted it, but widespread early adoption by staff has made it more normalized and non-users appear to be the outliers.

Pros: The best feature of Motivosity is the ability to easily give an appreciation to coworkers for helping out on projects, tasks, etc. On top of showing gratitude and improving morale, this public-facing feature allows staff whose work or assistance isn't always as visible to be seen more broadly by the organization, and helps to motivate others who want to also get more visibility for their work.

Cons: Some of the "Insight" features are a bit wonky and/or difficult to understand. The "Management Style" feature, for example, is somewhat confusing (rather than showing styles which may be easier to digest and make adjustments for, it simply shows likelihood of friction) and is incredibly top-down oriented, rather than allowing for comparisons person-to-person within organizations that are highly collaborative. The org chart feature is also not highly intuitive (clicking the bubble, not the name, to expand has caused confusion among some colleagues), and once zoomed out several levels can be difficult to read/digest.

• Reviewed on 08/07/2019
Cody C.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2020

"Surprisingly Motivating"

Pros: Who would have thought that giving employees a few dollars each month to give to each other could be so motivating?! It's amazing how much "grunt work" that is normally avoided and ignored can have several volunteers when you offer a buck or two of motobucks! And after going the extra mile, it's surprising how much more gratifying it is if someone gives you a significant portion of their very small supply of motobucks, than if they were to say send you a $20-50 gift card to go out to dinner. I usually don't even watch my balance go up through the year - motivosity isn't truly about the money in how it motivates, but how an artificially scarce resource plays psychologically into motivation. Having a nice balance of "of-the-books" (to my spouse!) money after a while to buy a "toy" with no guilt is just an added bonus. I'd definitely recommend it to other companies.

Cons: The iOS mobile app flat out doesn't work. The org chart is useful, but can be confusing to navigate.

by Motivosity on 16/09/2020

We love that you like the money but love what the product is actually supposed to do--motivate and engage employees. And just a heads up, the mobile app will be updated soon--which will hopefully make your experience with it a lot smoother.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2020
Thomas B.
Sr. Manufacturing Technician
Biotechnology, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/09/2020

"Motivosity Tips"

Pros: Great to use and fun to give recognition to coworkers as well as a small gift. I like that it pops up on a stream that the entire company can see; displaying what the recognition is for, and which of our core values it relates to. I feel that this helps build visibility across teams for the contributions we make toward our day to day and corporate goals.

Cons: Pretty easy to use as a user. Was not part of implementation. Would be nice to be able to see whole teams to thank rather than only individuals.

by Motivosity on 24/09/2020

Hey Thomas, love to hear all the things you like about Motivosity! You can appreciate as many people as you'd like, you just have to type each person's name--but it will share on the same appreciation. You might be thinking about being able to type in the team name and have it automatically populate... not a bad idea-- I'll see what I can do.

• Reviewed on 16/09/2020
Executive Assistant Office Manager
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2018

"Overall their features are great and user friendly, some parts need to be updated."

Comments: great insight and reporting

Pros: The software uses dollars instead of points like other recognition programs, making it more transparent and the ability to customize items in the store is convenient.

Cons: I do wish the live feed would refresh automatically. I understand why it doesn't but it would be nice to consistently see updated news instead of having to refresh it. I would really love to see the option to create our own survey for just our company to streamline everything into one program.

by Motivosity on 26/07/2018

Thanks for your review of Motivosity. To your comment, "I would really love to see the option to create our own survey for just our company to streamline everything into one program," as a company you can replace the standard six survey questions with custom questions if you choose to. Our client success team can help you set it up. Thank you for your business!

• Reviewed on 25/07/2018
Patrick B.
Assistant Manager Light Rail Operations
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2021

"Daily User"

Comments: I enjoy the product and like the ease of function.

Pros: I like the ease of which I can pass on thanks for exceptional cultural and motivational performance.

Cons: The check-in function is very basic and can lead to misunderstanding if comments are not fully utilized.

by Motivosity on 17/03/2021

Hello Patrick! Thank you so much for your review and suggestions. Your feedback about our check-in function is very helpful, thanks for helping us to improve.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2021
Justin H.
Project Manager/Estimator
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2019

"Great team program"

Pros: It's great when you see your spending money going up each month (the more helpful you are, the more money you will make).

Cons: The point system puts more emphasis on how many times you thank people, such as if you just wanted to thank 1 person this month, you would get far more points by doing many thanks to that same person at $1 each, rather than 1 lump sum, even though the total amount is the same. It leaves it open to people manipulating the system if they understand how it works...unfortunately, I don't know how you fix it.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2019
Neal P.
Corporate Trainer
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2019

"Social Media For Your Company"

Pros: I love that I can communicate with anyone and say thanks for things that may have gone unnoticed without Motivosity. I really have had a better work experience knowing that other departments care about what I think and what I say.

Cons: You can leave comments, but they don't really follow an order like they do on other social media sites. The comments read from newest on top to oldest on bottom, but if I reply to someone's comment, it puts my reply above theirs. Not a huge issue, but something I think could be easily fixed.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2019
Kelly S.
Customer Success Manager - Team Lead
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2020

"The power of positive praise"

Pros: Motovosity is such a great tool to promote positive behaviors and give credit where credit is due. I love the ability to send a quick thank you to a colleague and attach a small amount of money as a token of my appreciation. It is so cool to see how far this quick gesture goes. I also love receiving feedback in the form of Motovosity from my peers. It is so powerful.

Cons: I cannot think of a con at the moment. The tool is so simple to use, which adds to my ability to use it daily.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2020
Veronika F.
Translation Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2020

"Thanking Made Easy"

Pros: During a hectic day it is easy to forget thanking someone for their amazing work or congratulating them when they reach a milestone. Remote work makes it even harder because you cannot simply walk up to someone and chat. Motivosity and its built-in reminders help to keep track. It allows you to share appreciation or highlight your team’s accomplishments for the entire organization to see. My favorite Motivosity feature, however, is the “Last Thanked By You” list. It shows you exactly which team member you have not thanked in a while, making you think back and ensure that everyone’s contributions are noticed and appreciated.

Cons: The navigation of the Org Chart, while really helpful, takes a little bit to get used to. The history section gives you a good overview, but it would be nice to have filter options.

by Motivosity on 14/10/2020

Veronika, you are capturing everything we want Motivosity to be! Thank you for this review! The "Last Thanked By You" is one of my favorite features as well! #thanksmatters

• Reviewed on 29/09/2020
L3/L3 Support Supervisor
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2018

"Awesome tool for showing thanks to coworkers"

Comments: I like to make sure I'm telling others "thank you" when they've done something to help me out in my job, did something awesome for me or others on my team, or just because they've done their job well in general. Motivosity helps me to do that and so much more! I can thank them in person, but this allows me to give something once in a while to show I really mean that thanks - even just for the personalized note I can send!

Pros: This software is very easy to use: takes little to no introduction to figure out how to use it and start recognizing and sending thanks to your colleagues.

Cons: Nothing. I love it! When I first used this 2-3 years ago, I couldn't figure out how to use the Store option to redeem Motivosity cash, but the design has improved a lot in that time.

• Reviewed on 30/11/2018
Abieyuwa E.
Data Analyst
Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2021

"Great Initiative!"

Comments: Its been a great experience overall.

Pros: I love that employees are able to appreciate each other for work. I like that employers can do the same as well. its a really fun and nice initiative. its also very easy to use and requires so little time as well. I totally love it!

Cons: Nothing actually. i like everything to be honest.

by Motivosity on 24/03/2021

Hello Adieyuwa, thank you so much for your review! We're so glad Motivosity has helped improve positivity and morale in your work environment

• Reviewed on 23/03/2021
Enterprise Digital Sales Representative
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2018

"Motivosity: Saying Thanks With Real Money Brings Real Rewards"

Comments: It really is a great way to express your appreciation to your peers.

Pros: The best thing about Motivosity is that the recognition that you are giving to your peers is with real money and I think people really appreciate getting a "thank you card" with real value attached. Reminders make sure that you are putting thought into your "thanks" each month.

Cons: I wish that the money would roll over month to month and that you could also be given the option to send someone a gift card, that might make it more personal than the $1.00 or $2.00. If you had the ability to give a larger amount and personalize it as a gift card that might be an additional perk of the solution.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2018
John W.
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2020

"Excellent and full-featured Talent Management Software"

Comments: Fantastic addition to our company

Pros: User-friendly and functions like a social media platform
Easy for anyone and everyone to give positive feedback

Cons: Better use of "official" employee pictures and contact book

• Reviewed on 21/04/2020
Jenny M.
Freelance Content Writer
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2019

"Fun and smart software for employee appreciation"

Comments: Fun and motivating way to show appreciation without sending an email or awkwardly trying to tell them in person.

Pros: As an employee, it was great having this around to send a quick buck or a thank you note for the tiniest things. Knowing you might have made someone's day also give yours a boost too. The moto bucks idea is smart and cashing them out was a definite highlight after a long day at work. The gift cards are delivered almost instantly and are a sure-fire incentive so kudos to the company for that. Also, being able to send appreciation privately is a nice touch. As I was working in a remote company at the time, Motivosity really helped tighten the team and keep everyone in the loop for birthdays, anniversaries and other special dates. I also appreciated being able to send a little something to people in leadership roles as they're rarely included in employee note-swapping. Using it as a searchable company directory was immensely helpful since, as I mentioned above, it was a remote company so newcomers rarely knew who did what. (Actually, most seniors didn't either.)

Cons: The UI could still use some fine-tuning but they've evolved a lot and will probably tidy things up over time. Some of their messages are oddly invasive and the commenting system doesn't seem to have a logical order to how they're displayed.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2019
Brianna P.
Support Operations Supervisor
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2017

"Motivosity is so easy to use and it's one of my favorite ways to reward hard working agents!"

Comments: This is an awesome product for recognizing the people on my team in a more personal way for all of their hard work.

Pros: I like that you can give both your giving and spending money, in case you think someone deserves a little extra and you don't have enough. This is an awesome way to incentivize people and recognize those hard workers out there that go above and beyond. It's awesome to have a personal way to show your co-workers how much you appreciate them.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2017