• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.4 /5

About ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control provides the ability to view and control devices from anywhere there is an Internet connection.

Learn more about ConnectWise Control

Showing 25 reviews of 1,650

Assistant Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2019

"Product is one of the best I've used"

Comments: Our company has been a Connectwise (ScreenConnect) client since nearly the very beginning of the company. We have enjoyed a long standing relationship and legacy pricing that is not offered to other clients.

Pros: We have access to our client's computers at one of the cheapest endpoint costs out there. Our server went down at one point for various reasons and we lost the complete configuration. We contacted technical support and they were so helpful that we ended up getting all of our client's computers checking into the server up restoring the license key. Support saved us.

Cons: When we did the restore, it didn't preserve the groups that we had segmented our clients into. We had to take alot of time to restore the configuration environment that we had set up.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2019
IT Specialist
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"Simple, Easy to use"

Comments: Initially used ConnectWise Control (Formerly ScreenConnect) for simple IT support sessions (credential resets, issues with software, etc.). Later deployed agents to network. We found this product much more superior than other alternatives available on the market such as Kaseya. Sessions with speedy, and tools were easy to use like viewing one monitor individually, or performing maintenance discretely in open office environments. Allowed for support sessions to be performed remotely by staff extending the teams' effectiveness even in inclimate weather or times when IT staff worked remotely.

Pros: Formerly Screenconnect, Connectwise Control is an easy to use remote software that gives IT professionals all the necessary support session tools to easily perform remote IT sessions with end users.
- Includes chat messaging
- Includes options to view services, logs, and processes
- Allows technician to blackout monitor / block keyboard presses during session
- Allows for easy facilitation of temporary remote sessions by non-technical staff
- Easy facilitation to give "passes" (timed access) to end-users and technical support staff
- Allows for basic scripting options for alerting and webhooks
- 2FA Authentication enabled

Cons: - Difficult initially to setup department groups of computers,
- Not a lot of documentation on setting up webhook scripting,
- Database maintenance can be tedious
- Outside basic functionality (which is all you need), selective and limited add-on options and integrations (compared to other product Automate [labtech])
- Uses Java over HTML5 only.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019
John D.
Programmer/Designer
Consumer Electronics, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/07/2019

"Best value out there in remote support"

Comments: We're a small company so when one of their competitors had a major price increase, I started looking for an alternative. So glad I found ConnectWise Control! We're a small company and dont have the need for constant concurrent connection so paying thousands of dollars for that functionality didnt make sense. Service has been reliable, easy tio set up and most importantly, easy or my clients to use and connect.

Pros: Easy to use. Reliable. great dashboard.

Cons: It does everything I need and surprises me with things I didnt know I needed!

• Reviewed on 03/07/2019
Josh M.
IT Administrator
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"A great solution for a one-man-shop"

Comments: It just works. It's super-ridiculously reliable. By that I mean, I've used MANY other remote support software solutions over the years, and while this one might not have the perfect clarity of an upscaled resolution, it has yet to fail me on a connection. I deploy them via MSI, occasionally update them from the admin interface, and ... thats it! It just works!

Pros: Compatibility, deployment (MSI package), and customization (can configure the server with addons, that in turn help you configure the client much faster than other solutions I've tried). AUTOMATIC NAME UPDATING. This was HUGE for me! This was the main reason I moved away from GoToAssist. I worked with GoToAssist support multiple times, but they couldn't help me get anything in place to do this. Essentially, if a PC name changed, the GoToAssist Server kept it's name listed as the "old name" - this lead to tremendous amounts of confusion for me and made it almost impossible to know which computers needed updating and which were already the correct name, simply connecting to support a user was an issue after just a few computer moves. Deploying software to 50-some machines might not be as large a task as other companies out there with 500+ machines, but as a one man shop, keeping those machines updated to ensure versions match, and names of the PC's are kept intact when users retire and new folks come on board is a HUGE time saver and stress relief after swapping to ConnectWise Control.

Cons: Poor screen scaling (when compared to a competitor like TeamViewer), slow multi-monitor (becomes a sluggish because it seems to want to stream all screens at once, even if only one is selected), and ambiguous information as to whether another third party who also uses the software has left theirs installed / potentially could cause exploitation and already causes confusion. Scaling:
If I connect to a machine with no other users on it, I believe I should have the option (via the "join w/options" link, perhaps) to change the connection to match my resolution (similar to how Microsoft's own Remote Desktop or TeamViewer do)
Additionally, even if it's unable to match my connecting resolution, If the built-in scaling were better (I.E. - if there was a feature that introduced some good hardware accelerated anti-aliasing), the daily use of this software would be greatly improved. Multi-Monitor Sluggish:
I've seen this with some other remote connection software - even the more legacy VNC protocol suffers from it, but it is avoidable because not all have this issue. I think the software needs to only stream updates to the primary selected monitor - or at least have an option to enable that, because delays become a huge problem when navigating things like complex databases or even simple excel sheets when there's a full-second delay. This does not happen on single monitor connections right now, it becomes noticable on dual-monitor, and on triple monitor it's very obvious.

Jr. Systems Administrator
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2018

"Easy, Fast, Reliable, Robust - Not much more I could ask for."

Comments: Overall, we're very happy with the purchase and performance and would recommend the product to anyone. It's fast, reliable, easy to use, competitively priced and their support has been great to work with the few times we've reached out.

Pros: I love how quickly I can navigate my inventory, how quickly machines show up once the agent is installed, how quickly a connection is established, and how robust the suite of tools are that I have to interact with the endpoint. File transfers are simple and intuitive (no digging around wondering where the file landed), and the connection doesn't take up a ton of bandwidth so even users in areas with poor internet can still get the help they need. It's also extremely fast and easy to update the agent on the endpoints.

Cons: I can't RDP connect, only VNC. Sometimes it would be very helpful to connect to the machine without unlocking the screen to the end user. This seems like a basic feature that is standard on many other remote support tools but isn't built into Screen Connect. This is probably the most important feature request I have made. I wish there was an option to make the chat more "attention-getting" as most users simply don't notice when I start chatting with them if they're not expecting it. I have to call the user to begin their support. I haven't seen a remote lock (make the HDD inaccessible) or kill feature (wipe the drive after its been stolen and is unrecoverable). This would be a huge help as well. There have been bugs with "Cloud Administrator" printers getting installed on endpoints that stay there after the connection closes. It's a bug from a previous build that hasn't fully been fixed yet. Some of the vernacular isn't easily understood (for example, "End" removes the endpoint from the console instead of just ending a session that might be stuck open). If you read through the explanation that's included with each option, it becomes clear but it seems like a poor word choice. Sometimes the connection gets finicky and takes a minute to reconnect if the user logs out of their windows profile. Thankfully the connection is maintained, but its a bit clunky.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2018
Craig J.
Computer Repair Technician
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Excellant Software for IT Support"

Comments: I remotely help home users and business clients daily. It is fast, responsive and kind of fun to use. The toolbox and file transfer feature is awesome..

Pros: Ease of use for both the IT provider and he client. Really easy to setup and configure. Provides a nice customized link for the customer to go to get the support software and install it. Monitoring of the clients computers is very well thought out and extremely easy to find the customer I need to connect to.

Cons: I honestly have no Cons at this time. I've been extremely happy with the software. I switched to ConnectWise after using of the competitors software. Pricing for ConnectWise is better and the setup part for the customer to obtain the download for assistance is far better.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Antonio R.
Chief Technology Officer
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2018

"Best remote control software out there, period!"

Comments: We used Log Me In Rescue for years, paying $500+ a month. We've used TeamViewer, gotomeeting, join.me and Splashtop. We switched to ScreenConnect over 5 years ago and never looked back. The licensing model allowed us to pay once for a number of concurrent connections without having to worry about the number of techs we have. With this licensing model we can pay for upgrades every few years and still save many times over from what we used to pay for Log Me In Rescue. We run the server on our own hardware, having complete control over who has access to it and from where. When ConnectWise took over the product and renamed it to Control we had no issues. They've continued developing it rapidly.

Pros: You can buy a license forever. Easy to install/update the server component. Easy to train new users. Easy to deploy to customers. Has every feature we'd ever want: recording sessions, copy/paste into remote window, unattended access, flexible security settings for different levels of employees, works through UAC prompts (unlike gotomeeting), transfer files/directories to/from remote machine, toolbox to run common executables with one click. Has an API to build additions (we've never had to but it's nice to know we can.)

Cons: We were nervous when ConnectWise bought this company (previously ScreenConnect) because they were known for "rent only" products but for now they've kept the option to buy licenses to own. The possibility that one day they could change the licensing model to rent only is the only thing I dislike about using the software.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2018
Thomas B.
IT Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

"very full featured"

Comments: remote control. Half my workforce is remote, and half of the remaining 50% travel often. This tool is invaluable in fixing issues that arise when I do not have physical presence to my users.

Pros: Has chat to let you talk to users. can execute commands remotely without affecting users, stays persistent even after reboot of client, has console with all possible connection listed, has old style too, of not installing agent but going to a web link and putting in a code to connect, as well as client distribution for instant access.

Cons: I know they are fixing bug and enhancing security, but the volume of updates is somewhat daunting when the clients do not update themselves automatically. Updates would be a lot easier of they would push them or at least give you the option to have it push updates to say 50 users at a time.

Jonathan O.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2019

"Better value alternative Remote Access software"

Pros: That despite the limitation below, it is much more affordable than competitors, and once successfully connected to your client's agent, it works magnificently.

Cons: 1) That there is no Access software, that to connect to a client's agent you have to open a web browser, go to your screenconnect site, log in, and then when you connect to a client you have to run a little executable, every time, one of several different methods that sometimes don't work.
2) Some times, but enough times to be a real issue, once connected you just get a black screen. If the client is at their computer they report that they can see you moving the mouse, pressing the Windows key (for Start menu), but you can't see anything. So still need to have competitor software running (in 5 minute unlicensed mode) so you can gain remote access at all.
3) Licensing value is better and fairer than others, but could still be fairer. The jump from 1 to 3 sessions is a bit steep, when competitors let you have unlimited sessions in the base price, and the fact that you can't connect to clients from both your desktop and laptop simultaneously, even if only trying to connect to one session from each with a 3 session Standard license - well - without doubling the license cost! (Again, when competetors let you do this).

• Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Joey E.
Director of Information Technology
Newspapers, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2019

"ConnectWise Control"

Comments: We needed a product that was easy to deploy that would allow us to remotely connect to and mange our outer offices. I've used all the big remote control programs starting with pcAnywhere back in 2005 to Logmein, Bomgar, gotomyPC, VNC,etc... Control is the fastest out of them all. It has a robust tool set with the ability to store my own custom tools. With the msi installer, I have Control tied to our domain group policy. When a new computer is joined to our domain, it automatically gets Control installed. I have used both the on-premises and cloud versions of Control and I have been extremely happy with both. It has been easy to maintain, update, and administer.

Pros: The ablility to run commands on multiple machines at once.
Example, after updating a group policy item, I want to immediately push it out. I can select all the computers in my organization and then choose "Run Command". I enter, "gpupdate /force" and all the computers then get the updated GPO.
The new View add-in is an absolute godsend. When you have a remote office and you need to see and hear what's going on, this is a lifesaver.

Cons: I wish it gave more information about the computers sometimes.
Like:
private IP address
make/model of the pc

• Reviewed on 11/01/2019
James B.
Systems Administrator
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2019

"Great screen-share across the board"

Comments: I love use ConnectWise in general, and Control in particular. They desperately need to up their Mac game to work in dual deployment environments.

Pros: - Ease of use
- Ability to share links with end users directly
- Unlimited asset installs for easy remoting in
- Works across windows and mac
- Power tools to drop in applications, share files, run scripts

Cons: - There is a huge issue where the Mac client doesn't work consistently, this is the largest problem with the software
- The Mac process in general of allowing control can be convoluted for end users

Quentin L.
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2018

"Incredibly fast and reliable Remote Control solution"

Comments: This solution is fantastic for an MSP such as myself that needs to provide support to clients. The ability to start an ad-hoc session easily or have a persistent remote session option available to fit the situation works as it should. I keep repeating myself, but the speed and simplicity of using this product is fantastic. I'm also pretty happy with the pace of innovation and new features that they continue to add to the product.

Pros: The speed of the product and the ease of implementation.

Cons: The licensing model has changed over the years and it seems to be more limited in the ways that you can buy and use it now if you are not a ConnectWise partner. At least the last time I checked. I am a ConnectWise partner so I have 100% of the functionality that I want. I haven't tried their remote printing feature in well over a year, but that is the only aspect of this software that ever disappointed. It was never something that I really wanted or needed myself, but since I allow some of my clients to use my Control instance to access their own machines from home I did try to get it working a while back. It was pretty inconsistent at that time and I have not gone back to see if it works better or not in the latest versions.

Mike G.
Sole Proprietor
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2019

"Old Timer's 2 Cents Worth"

Comments: I spent the last ten years of my career working from a comfortable home office for clients in Boston, New York, Idaho, Atlanta, Kentucky, Indiana, and my home town of Louisville, KY. While they were busy doing construction of all 5 bridges across the Ohio river over several years, I walked downstairs to work each day while my fellow office dwellers spent upwards of an hour or two daily sitting in traffic and paying for parking and tolls. Thank you, ConnectWise.

Pros: This product has come a long way since I bought my first one-time "forever" license of ScreenConnect. I had tried them all. This one was fast and stayed connected even on slow dial-up connections. I eventually was forced onto their web platform. It's actually better than the stand-alone product. I have not needed their live support for some time, but it has always been good when I did call them.

Cons: Terminology is confusing and sometimes over my head. Am I the "guest" or the "host"? I can never find my administrator's login screen. I have two accounts and the phantom one I suspect, gets in the way of my accounting. Wish I could go back to buying a license instead of the never ending subscriptions.

• Reviewed on 02/03/2019
Chris H.
TSE
Computer Networking, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Love your product."

Pros: Functionality, it just works. I love that it even survives OS upgrades.

Cons: The mobile client could use a facelift.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Director Of Technology
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2018

"We have had nothing but success while using ConnectWise Control on a daily basis."

Comments: We have been able to remotely solve many issues - saving a trip to the client location(s).

Pros: We find that it is much faster and far more convenient than typical RDP and other remote solutions that we have tried. Of the features we find to be the most useful is the file transfer feature (including the built-in toolbox), and the behind the scenes command prompt feature. We use the command prompt feature all the time as to not disturb the user while modifying the system. We support over 500 seats across 25+ customers at multiple sites and the software works great. We have the client installed on Windows, Linix, and Mac OS systems. We counton this software to avoid costly site visits, and it has never let us down.

Cons: There isn't much to negatively say about this software. We run this software on a self-hosted server rather than cloud hosted by the vendor. As such, we are responsible for updating on our own. We had run into a few hiccups in the past when upgrading the software on the server, however, even with the issues, support was able to help us remedy.

• Reviewed on 26/05/2018
IT Support Specialist
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2019

"Best Remote Support Software I have used"

Comments: Teamviewer was expensive and it was a hassle to login and access sessions, and Connectwise was an easy switch and much better overall experience.

Pros: The download is quick, the software is fast and responsive, and it takes seconds to login to a computer and be helping a user.

Cons: When doing temporary support, you cannot see the popup for UAC login, which can be of annoyance when supporting users who are under domain control. However, if you install the client you can see the UAC prompt.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2019
Yuri V.
Freelance IT Consultant
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2016

"Screenconnect - Everything a remote support and meeting tool should be"

Comments: I've been using Screenconnect daily for approximately 4 months now to support my many clients. As a freelance IT consultant i'm rarely able to to be on-site when a problem happens. I can simply send the user the screenconnect URL and an access code and within minutes i am actively solving their problems. I haven't had a situation yet where the client was unable to connect and share their screen - Windows or Mac, it always works. I also appreciate the unattended licenses which are great for building computers or managing servers without having to attend a site on evenings and weekends only to sit and watch a progress bar for hours on end. Overall the product is simple to use and works every time. I should have started using it sooner. There are a lot of options out there, give screenconnect a try - you won't regret it.

Pros: Focuses on screensharing first, just works every time. Has a number of additional features i don't use often, but are very handy - file sharing, UAC escalation, quality adjustment, sharing reversal (show your screen), meetings, unattended access, markup of screen etc. Performance is excellent day or night, i have't had a problem with connecting even when the clients internet connection is slow, intermittent or saturated. Sometimes i'll lower the quality but it connects and stays connected and that's what you need in a remote support tool.

Cons: I found the backend control panel to be a bit confusing for making advanced changes (i.e. disabling remote addition of local printers on connect). However, support was happy to assist and we solved the issue quickly.

• Reviewed on 25/10/2016
Ryan G.
IT Department Manager
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2018

"Came from LogMeIn 3 or 4 years ago"

Comments: I have been blown away with how great this software is. We opted for the self hosted edition to get us away from monthly/yearly rates from LogMeIn. I have well over 200 machines that I can access, and if someone needs help that isn't already connected, I can create a support session just for them. It's like having the regular editions of logmein and rescue me, but in a cleaner- more feature packed piece of software.

Pros: The best thing about this software is ability to host it on your own server. You can add as many "access" machines as you would like if you buy the self hosted solution. It only took us a year away from LogMeIn after we bought this to have it pay for itself. You get 3 technician "user" licenses, that can have up to 10 concurrent sessions going each.

Cons: I would say that I dislike the Mac client the least. We have a few marketing individuals that may need to connect to a desktop from time to time for clients and it is a bit buggy, but still very usable.

Bill B.
Information Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2018

"For remote access and support, nothing better"

Pros: I started with ScreenConnect before they were bought by ConnectWise. At the time I was able to get a self-hosted license for a very reasonable price, and annual renewals were prorated, hence also inexpensive. The software itself is supremely useful for remotely managing servers, and supporting end users. The remote agent is very resource friendly, stays quiet and out of the way. Connections are reliable, and features like file transfer, multi-monitor, app toolbox, and chat are included.

Cons: There's not much I don't like about it. The change in ownership brought about changes in pricing. It would be more expensive to begin with it today, but thankfully i am grandfathered in at the old prices, at least for now. They have added a cloud model where you don't need to self-host and can pay by the month. It's still worth the price.

by ConnectWise on 28/09/2018

Thank you for your positive review on ConnectWise Control!

• Reviewed on 16/08/2018
Dennis F.
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2019

"Most cost-effective remote access plan available"

Comments: Overall: hands down the best remote access program available for the least price. I was able to get my permanent screenconnect license before they moved to a monthly / annual fee schedule. That was the #1 reason for choosing this software. I can't say how the price compares to other services now.

Pros: I like being able to host ScreenConnect on my own server without having to rely on / pay for third-party access to sessions. Overall this is a fantastic program for managing access to clients via remote access.

Cons: The host interface menu (near the top of the screen) can be cumbersome to use because the moment your mouse touches a menu item, a sub menu instantly appears. This makes it difficult to access the proper menu item without accidentally hitting something else with the mouse. It would be nice to be able to modify the roll-over delay time, or disable the "hot" menus so they don't constantly pop up in my face.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2019
Sean K.
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2019

"Great Remote Control and Support Experience"

Comments: I was a LogMeIn user for years until they priced themselves out of my budget. ConnectWise Control has proven better for me in everyway. It is faster and more flexible. It allows me to support my clients in the most efficient way possible. I have only praise for this software.

Pros: This software has proven to be extremely reliable with frequent updates and improvements. It works well on multiple platform and provides a fast and reliable support experience. It's easy to use out of the box, but quite customizable. It reconnects quickly after restarts and just works as expected.

Cons: The Android app could be improved. It works well enough, but is a bit squished and sometimes hard to see the list of computers to connect to. I wish there was a built-in or free third party way to generate reports on the connected PCs. Customizations and add-ins could use better descriptions and documentation.

Robert M.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 01/10/2019

"Great for Support"

Comments: Overall excellent product. Support has been great when needed.

Pros: Rock solid connections to endpoints. 2FA for enhanced security. Excellent integration with automate and manage.

Cons: Lack of monitoring for sister company automate. Created an excellent plugin for selective lock on disconnect, then they don't support it!

• Reviewed on 01/10/2019
Arthur H.
Systems Engineer
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2018

"We use this a few hundred times a day it is excelent"

Comments: It is an integral part of our business and it would be difficult to function without it

Pros: The integration with ConnectWise: Manage is outstanding
It is super fast
The custom toolboxes are an easy way to provide tools to our techs to use.
The ability to reboot in to safe mode is fantastic

Cons: It can be a little CPU intensive on the client machines that are older
When it clears a users background it can confuse the user

by ConnectWise on 15/03/2018

Hi Arthur, thanks for your feedback. Blanking the background is a configurable option that can be adjusted in the app.config. Here is the link to the extension that will make it easier to configure: http://forum.screenconnect.com/yaf_postst11061_Extension--Advanced-Configuration-Editor--6-4.aspx. Hide Guest wallpaper under the Quick Settings menu is the option you're looking for. You may also want to note a reinstall of the access agents is required to invoke the change. https://docs.connectwise.com/ConnectWise_Control_Documentation/Get_started/Host_page/Reinstall_and_upgrade_an_access_agent

• Reviewed on 15/02/2018
Chris R.
Software Operations Manager
Government Relations, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2017

"ConnectWise gives us the ability to access our clients with absolute ease and predictability"

Comments: mobility, reliability, ease of use, permanent access machines, client side ease of installation. mobility.

Pros: The mobile app was a key reason for using ConnectWise, it allows our mobile and remote support reps to literally be anywhere in the world and instantly access servers and client pc's in an instant. The interface is very easy on both mobile and desktop, ease of connection form the client side is perfect and the ability to not just support on the fly but build permanent access machines and group them is a great help.

Cons: Customer support is hard to get on the phone, at least it was when they were ScreenConnect, to be fair i haven't needed support since the rebranding to ConnectWise. Email support is slow but acceptable. That being said, the fact that i haven't needed support, and truthfully have only ever needed it maybe twice, kinda speaks for itself.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2017
Neal J.
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2020

"Excellent Tool Package"

Comments: Like many MSP companies, we had used LogMe In as a RMM software package for a long time. We had invested much time and money into using it when their costs absolutely spiraled (from $500 per year to $4000 per year in two years). We searched and found ConnectWise and have been extremely pleased

Pros: Allows me remote access, file transfer, sending commands, command line access, tracking, portable tools, chat, presentation etc. I am so happy i have found this software and cannot fathom ever not maintaining my subscription

Cons: I cannot find anything to directly complain about. We use the self hosted version which allows us full control over security, hosting and, speed. The hosted version has a higher cost and is often behind by one generation.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2020