• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.4 /5

About ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control provides the ability to view and control devices from anywhere there is an Internet connection.

Learn more about ConnectWise Control

Showing 1,728 reviews

Jeev Y.
IT Lead
Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2019

"If you value your time and energy, use this software"

Comments: I use this software on a daily basis to keep IT operations within my organization running like a well-oiled machine. Our pharmacies are very remote and the ease of deployment makes it a breeze to troubleshoot any machine located anywhere from anywhere.

Pros: ConnectWise Control was incredibly easy to implement, and is very powerful. It comes with so many tools and features that are invaluable and solve complex problems very simply.

Cons: No cons really. Any features and updates or nice-to-have's are added by their development team in subsequent updates, and they really do listen to their user base.

Ryan C.
IT Systems & Security
Machinery, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2021

"Good Remote Support Platform"

Comments: I'm very happy with this product, except for the price but it's not too terrible. I'm very used to free software but they just didn't have the features like ScreenConnect, especially being able to connect to any machine and manage it if it's connected to network anywhere.

Pros: I signed my company up for the Standard Package since it's wasn't critical that we had all of the features but we needed unlimited unattended access agents. This gives us the ability to see what machines are connected to internet or not and shows you the clients private and public IP addresses. This feature alone has helped me with user issues without even connecting to them. The remote command line without connecting to the machine is very nice, for simple commands. Having the ability to set information about the machine connecting to divide them up into companies, device type and department is very handy to have. The ability to give users access on only one company and set specific permissions on that company is a great feature. There are several great features that are included on the standard package but if the Premium package was cheaper, we would probably go with that one due to the reporting features in it. One thing that isn't a paid for option but is very nice it the option to connect to iOS or Android devices, not as an access device where you have access all the time but under the support option.

Cons: The platform is pretty solid but the user management is not as easy to spot the first time around. It would be nice if the OTP was easier to add for the Google Authenticator. Most give you a QR-Code to add the OTP but it works once you get it setup.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2021
Tom C.
Owner / Chief Engineer
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Geat product very reliable and good value"

Comments: I think the previous box covered it as best as I can. you spend a lot on advertising your new and other products but it is impossible to buy them when the sales people ignore you even when your a current customer. I have had so many little issues that should have never happened and not been treated very well and fixing them only caused more problems that cost me and caused major problems for my company and our ability to support our customers. While I like the product I am very disappointed with the back office staff and how issues are handled and customers are ignored even whey they are begging for help. I left another vendor to come here when I had an amazing sales rep held me and get my onboarding taken care of and help me in every step of they way learn the basic of the product. She even tried 2 times to get me in touch with other departments for MSP products I needed with no luck before she left the company. I Am about to sign up with PCmatic later this week as I need a MSP product and wish it could have been with Connnectwise . I am not sure if I will stay wit the product I had one heck of a ride in my year and a half or so and issues that should have never happened and when they did should have never been handled the way they did that crippled my company. I apologize if my review may upset anyone but you did ask for it I am taking the time to be honest and tell you my true experience It is important to know the truth on how the customer feels. I hope it helps you.

Pros: Very reliable, The ability to preview desktops is a huge plus and adding 3rd party plug ins is wonderful.

Cons: Wish it had a roll out tool for installing on multiple computers. The platform does go down from time to time and you can self fix it by moving your system to a different location yourself. There are issues with the license counter and many times it says I am out of licenses and we are unable to use the product when we still have license available not being used. Two support requests tickets have been sent and they never respond. Support is a hit and miss. Email support and they will not reply or respond so it is useless , Chat support is hit or miss depending on who you get but if you get the right person it is great. Sales is very disappointing I have been using the product for over a year and so many times I tried to contact sales by email and phone about buying other products the sales reps will never call you back or respond so I gave up and went with another vendor. The sales rep I was working with that was amazing when I started with the Connectwise no longer works there so I am just left floating out here. When I had issues with my license it was a nightmare and ended up costing me a bunch of money to fix I have to repay for my subscription I was already paid for. I gave up trying to resolve the issue paying for something that I already paid because my company was down I needed the product working so we can support our customers. I still have a balance on my account due that I do not owe from that nightmare. Its a good product but there are serious back office issues.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2018
Alex S.
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2019

"Great product hamstrung by its new owner."

Comments: Screenconnect was great, when it became Control I really wanted the features of Automate. It was purchased by ConnectWise and now every single thing is too complicated and requires a lot of clicking. If you have a single task you preform all day every day by all means automate it and set up scripts but for me ConnecWise asks too much uniformity from my clients and cannot be adapted in the ways I do business.

Pros: Super simple deployment and management. But that's all but gone.

Cons: ConnectWise the company. I hated every interaction with them. Imagine a single client who has several companies. Connectwise deployment folks said I could not support them the way they needed support. Imagine working with the same independent contractor on several shared clients, ConnectWise can't do that either. Want to support key people outside of their organization, find something else. Every single thing you want to do has to have a huge amount of setup to make it happen. I just wanted software that I was as flexible as I am and this is not that. Stay away.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2019
Eugene E.
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2019

"Close but missing the mark"

Comments: Overall I give you product a score of 9 out of 10. I actually love all that it does it is just you chat is very lacking. Good luck.

Pros: Price/value, Installs fast on my client's PCs, very configurable, works well with multiple monitors (now), faster than TeamViewer.

Cons: Oh, that easy... The chat window is the absolute worst! First of all ... If you go look at my chat logs you will see that I use it all day long, A LOT! Probably 200 messages a day maybe more for 2 years! I wrote that type of chat system in 2002 with visual basic. It is not object-oriented and barely HTML friendly. I suggest you embrace one of the chat libraries standards. so you don't have to roll your own. NUMBER ONE COMPLAINT
It needs the ability to change my message after I have submitted it. It is so frustrating to accidentally misspell something and have no way of fixing it.
When copying a prior message (to refere to It) your font is WHITE therefore if I paste it back into the chat window it is still white. (white on white!) Hello... How did the testing team miss this! It needs to remember my partial chat (un-submitted) message, even after losing connection and reconnecting or exiting and rerunning the app. It needs a search feature. (I know your code is only buffering back a short distance back, but at least search with the current buffer!) I can always scroll back further and further to expand my search. It needs to have a spell checker, (Or instantiate a COM Control of IE, Chrome and the spell checker will magically work!)

• Reviewed on 20/06/2019
Jason S.
Executive Director / Digital Architect
Market Research, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2018

"The ultimate assistance tool"

Comments: We have instant access to every supported remote machine, both internal and with customers, and it allows us to chat to a customer on the phone, then assist them seamlessly.
I'd recommend the cloud version over self-hosted. It works out to be very cost-effective, and is very fast.

Pros: The ability to drag-drop files directly to or from a session to your local machine make it extremely quick and easy to use, and was a key purchasing feature. The cloud based option is extremely fast, with geo-location options for the nearest cloud location. Unlike other similar solutions (which we used to own) you don't get ripped off with upgrade costs every time a new version comes out (which we did). The huge amount of customisation is of great benefit as it allows us to brand the product to prevent customers feeling uncomfortable that it's a third-party product that may compromise their security. The system also allows remote management of Android devices, which we use to work on tablets at some customers.

Cons: A peer-peer option would be nice for performance to local machines, but that's a minor thing. The Android remote client can have issues synchronising the mouse pointer to the screen, but at least we can walk users through working on the device in real-time. Other than that we haven't experienced any issues or found anything that makes us consider any other option.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2018
Broc M.
Art Department Manager
Printing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2021

"Easy but completely fuctional"

Comments: Overall, ConnectWise has been a lifesaver for myself and the other remote employees who require access to local computer resources or who operate as I.T. members.

Pros: ConnectWise Control has allowed me (as a remote manager) to have access to my company's local resources anytime and anywhere I need them. The way we are using the software is basically as a transition software while we work on a more permanent in-house VPN solution. With that being said, ConnectWise has been 100% functional and satisfactory in this capacity. Super, super easy to deploy and use. It has made any I.T. related tasks infinitely better with the ability to remote into my company's computers so I can troubleshoot the problems myself without having to talk back and forth with another coworker on-site. The best part has been the ease of initiating and deploying ConnectWise. It was important that we got a remote system up and running quickly and this software allowed us to do that.

Cons: If there is a downside at all, I would say the software seems to be slightly overbearing for a few of our older PC's on-site. These computers are by no means "powerhouses", but I have noticed that there is a distracting amount of lag time when I remote in to those select computers. This has not been a cause for us to seek another solution, however it does slow down productivity in the scenario mentioned above.

Andrew W.
Manager, Tools and Process
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2021

"ConnectWise Control - Lightweight and Stable"

Pros: One of the best pieces of software ConnectWise has. It's lightweight and easy to deploy. The agent is very stable and very easy to update.

Cons: Development has stalled a bit. There was some feature updates (CW View) but nothing major since.

• Reviewed on 05/01/2021
Derek S.
Service Manager
  • Reviewed on 24/12/2019

"Control of all of our clients computers and servers"

Comments: Great software for remote connection as well as transferring files or quickly accessing. Also provides ability to script and deploy software and scripts.

Pros: Extremely efficient and quick for remotely connecting to servers and computers. Software rarely has issues installing and once in place, remote access is seconds away once initiating.

Cons: The cost of the software is a downside. The ConnectWise suite is the Cadillac of MSP software but it will cost one. Highly recommend the suite as Control is extremely efficient.

• Reviewed on 24/12/2019
Matthew B.
IT Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Connectwise"

Comments: Easy to use and administer. Also cost much less than competitors.

Pros: Did a internet search. Was tired of paying high prices for Team Viewer

Cons: Would like to get alerts of unusual activity.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Aaron S.
IT Director
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

"My #1 most used tool"

Comments: We deploy this on all Windows machines so that we can easily access regardless of location. Love that we are able to block user input when needed and take over company assets without waiting on the user input.

Pros: Easy to use, very customizable and lots of features!

Cons: Would like the option for more "sub folders" to group machines in.

Brad T.
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2019

"Excellent Remote Support for Savvy Technicians"

Comments: As a mixed MSP and residential computer support company, we utilize connectwise for quick support calls and our daily support and maintenance work. Even things you wouldn't expect, like the recent timeline of connection history per client helps to diagnose network and internet issues. In the absence of a true RMM platform, ConnectWise offers a tremendous breadth of features and integrates well into other solutions.

Pros: The basics of connecting to a computer are very simple and discoverable. The client-side installation is light and stable. The customizations and more advanced features are excellent. I have a remote support portal embedded on my website which makes it easier to get connected to a client over the phone. I have custom groups setup. I have some handy scripts and tools saved in the toolbox. And also quite beneficial, it's incredibly quick and easy to start a support session from any computer - truly cloud-based.

Cons: There is very little to say as far as cons. Some less-frequently-used features are less discoverable. Creating groups takes a little learning since you have to write out a boolean sequence. But I still happily trade a small amount of complexity for the power it offers.

• Reviewed on 01/03/2019
Tom S.
Owner/operator

"Great remote software"

Comments: Control is a very affordable remote support suite., especially compared to their competitors. Using Control I am able to support my clients, even though I'm now quite far away. I've been very pleased with the stability and functionality of the software.

Pros: I really like the stability of the software once connected. I can reboot the remote system and log back in without a remote user's assistance. It also lets me easily set up a long term connection with a remote system so I can login whenever I need. After the basics there's an immense amount of customization and add ons possible. I really enjoy the control granted over the software.
Finally it had a feature which I hope they bring back, the ability to text a link and then connect to a phone's camera. It was great for assisting when the workstation network was down.

Cons: The main issue I have with control is the actual logging part of it. They've done a lot to help the user understand how to connect, as in writing instructions about what to do right on the connection page, but about half my users still get a bit lost. I would love to see a much simpler connection process.

Daniel S.
Owner / IT Consultant
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2018

"ConnectWise Control increases efficiency and increases customer satisfaction"

Comments: I'm an IT Consultant supporting a dozen business clients and over a hundred individual clients. Before ConnectWise Control, I was often found sitting at a client site upgrading or fixing a system issue after their work hours and sometimes way into the night. The remote access/administration solution has provided me the ability to work from my home-office saving me travel time and expense, work on multiple clients simultaneously, and has increased customer satisfaction by being able to respond to customer calls while they are on the phone and without the need for scheduling a site visit.

Pros: Ability to work from my home-office saving me travel time and expense. Ability to work on multiple clients simultaneously. Increased customer satisfaction by being able to respond to customer calls while they are on the phone and without the need for scheduling a site visit. Ability to host the server myself, providing me more value. Reasonable/flexible license pricing that fit my business model.

Cons: Security configuration a little cryptic. Ability to create a signed installer package from the guest page unclear. (Admittedly, i haven't called into tech support but scanned through the knowledge base for answers)

• Reviewed on 24/11/2018
Steve C.
Software Developer
Information Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2019

"Great connection tool for individual consultant"

Comments: I am an independent software developer. I work with a number of small clients & use ConnectWise to connect to my client's systems for building/installing software and screen-share for instruction/problem solving. There are many features in ConnectWise that I do not use, but for what I do need it is an excellent solution. I am paying less than half what I would be paying had I stayed with LogMeIn.

Pros: The price - it was significantly less expensive for my needs than competing products. At the same time, the tool provided is as good or better than others that I have used.

Cons: I don't have any significant issues. There are some minor weaknesses, but nothing that interferes with getting the job done.

Damian W.
Technical Consultant
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2018

"Implemented it into a new business and everyone has loved it, so easy to use."

Comments: Ease of use, quick remote access, friendly support.

Pros: The ability to access the software from anywhere on any device. It doesn't matter if I'm next to a Windows or Mac computer, or even out and about on Android and iOS, I can still access all computers and support our users.

Cons: The technical licensing requirements when using the Access-Only Package. With some of our users being remote-only and never touching our network, and us having strict no end-users having local Administrator, we can't remotely install ConnectWise Control endpoints to their computers without first logging onto their computer with another product like LogMeIn or TeamViewer, and then installing the agent. It would be good to have a 'limited function' Technical license to accompany a Remote-Only license, where it will stay active for 15mins for one technician to use. Enough time to guide an end user to the website, log on with a code, then install the agent. It's not worth it for us to pay for 24/mo license when we would only use that feature once every few months.

• Reviewed on 08/05/2018
Sean P.
Director of Information Management Systems
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2019

"ConnectWise Control Enables End-user Support with Simplicity and Reliability"

Comments: As we have limited IT resources in our agency, the ability to support many endpoints from a laptop, tablet or phone, from almost anywhere, ensures we can provide support quickly to our staff and keep them operating so they can focus on providing clinical services to our clients.

Pros: Secure remote access to all agency endpoints and the ability to run remote commands without needing to interrupt the user to resolve most issues from any device and anywhere makes the support teams job easier. This tool creates piece of mind for end-users because IT support can connect, troubleshoot, and resolve issues quickly and effectively.

Cons: This software has been very reliable and has never failed our support team in delivering our services to end-users. When you are a small support team this tool is invaluable and because you can troubleshoot most issues from your desk or remotely from and tablet or phone, users may not understand the true amount of work you actually complete.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2019
Christopher J.
IT Consultant
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"Great improvements for a great product"

Comments: I am a Remote Team Lead and I use this product day in and day out to help my clients with all of their problems, as long as they have an active networking connection.

Pros: They updated the user interface over the old ScreenConnect UI. Streamlining the option, but without sacrificing any of the functionality. This is easy to use, either as part of the Connectwise Automate package or as a Standalone product. Featuring rebooting to safe mode, data transfers and many more features.

Cons: If the user is not a admin, you have to trick the software in to prompting your for the admin credentials so you do not have to provide them to clients who lack that level of access, when used as a stand-alone product. Also since Connectwise now has Manage, Automate, and Control it seems like they should create a single pane view for use with the products, like a plug in what you have single login view

Dominic L.
IT manager and Owner

"Ease of used"

Comments: Overall experience with ConnectWise control is really good. Some improvement could be added on handling users and technicians licencing, with additional fee but not having to buy a second standard licence for a second technician.
Provide additional option for upgrading instance and downgrading, without damaging the agent or client viewer side.

Pros: Easy to setup for unattended installation , or with on demand session and email appointment plug-in to send all info to the customer.
Features sets included with our Connectwise Control subscription.
Agent upgrade quick

Cons: Some task are not possible du to antivirus, in particular Kaspersky familly
Auto update agent not completely working as automatically
When rolling back from beta to stable, all agent are not working and then could do a downgrade agent rollup task
Possibility to add a single user to access his corporate computer without using a concurent session
User management and technican management licencing should be more easy. like a couple of buck for additionnal user and session.
Client viewer application update not working or stop with error. Need to uninstall first and then install the new version.
Some issue with Windows 10 start menu
Response time could be much more quick

Justin L.
Desktop Support Manager
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2021

"You just can't find a better remote control service for the money"

Comments: Other all experience is exceptional. It's the best remote control experience I have seen both on the user an technician side. It's easy for any technician to learn and be proficient in using within a day. Multiple options to get connected to users systems. Feature set is as good if not better then comparable services. Twice we have looked to see if there was a better solution out there, but nothing beat the feature set and price of Control.

Pros: Great feature set. Very easy for a new technician to pick up and use. Easy to setup and manage. The unattended option is great to have. Very easy to get users connected. Reliable. Very cost effective.

Cons: There are several plug ins, but not all are very initiative. They could improve the mobile device support, some other applications let you remote control all mobile OS's.

Cory H.
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"The best remote control software on the market."

Comments: It's fantastic. While I cannot justify the cost of Connectwise Automate (especially with the "setup fee"), I feel like I cannot use anything else for remote control currently. I use Pulseway for RMM and I do not use their remote control implementation because I prefer Connectwise Control.

Pros: Connectwise Control (ScreenConnect) has been the core of my MSP business for years now. It has been reliable and has many features I can't live without, such as being able to boot machines into Safe Mode, sending commands without making full connections, file transfers and much more.

Cons: I wish it had the ability to do deployment from a single machine, instead of having to install on each machine manually or through scripts.

Jacob H.
Partner
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"Best remote support product on the market"

Comments: Overall I’m very happy with the product and use it daily. Customers love that we can resolve their issues easily from almost anywhere.

Pros: Ease of use and features such as file copy and launching apps remotely on endpoints.

Cons: iOS App could be improved slightly to improve interaction with devices.

Jeremy C.
CTO
Insurance, 11-50 Employees

"Best one out there"

Pros: Portable apps execution.
Connectwise View.
Complete branding.
Live support for clients, you can embed the login screen on your site.
Crazy fast software startup.

Cons: It is connectwise, they know the product is good. So they will charge what they want.

Fabio B.
Senior tech admin
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2018

"Full-featured remote control and management solution"

Comments: We use a monitoring service (icinga2) to keep customer's servers and clients monitored.
When we detect a problem, even before the customer is affected by it, we can connect to the problematic machine and fix it.

Pros: A killer feature is the ability to start with a basic remote session support, install a permanent access agent to keep the machine monitored and even send remote control commands.
The server runs just fine as a linux service, no need to maintain an internet-exposed windows server.
Features and 3rd party software integrations can be added to the server using addon modules.
The client agent is fully customizable (name, icon, etc..)

Cons: Nothing, really. Updating between major versions require you to check all the new features and ensure you want to enable/use them, but i hardly consider this an issue.

Nick S.
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2018

"Long term customer"

Comments: I run a PC support business. Having a remote support option that is reliable saves me and my customers time. The functionality and control options are class leading - especially useful is the drag and drop file transfer.
Originally a customer of Screen Connect many years ago, the transition to ConnectWise was seamless

Pros: I run ConnectWise Control on my own server - that gives me complete control. It was easy to customise to my branding and simple to install. The best feature for me is the full functionality no matter what device I use for the host session, Windows, IOS or Android - that gives me support access no matter where I am!

Cons: Non computer literate customers sometimes struggle with the sign-on process (to join a session), that means I have to talk them through it. Perhaps this could be a little slicker.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2018