Filter by:

• Overall

About Hemlane

All-in-one property management - manage your rental properties from anywhere.

Learn more about Hemlane

Mark F.
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2017

"Terrific tool, really enjoy how it's made my life easier!"

Pros: It's pretty quick and easy to get right into it and start working. And, I have never experienced such incredible customer support with software - simply the best, and the standard by which all others should be judged.

Cons: There are a couple functionality elements that sometimes leaving me scratching my head. But once I get it, I'm good to go.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2017
Jessica M.
Jessica M.
  • Reviewed on 27/12/2019

"Great value and customer support for small business owner"

Comments: We did extensive research when choosing on online platform for the management of our properties. Hemlane was one of the only platforms that we felt truly protected on, as landlords who are conscious about legal concerns around allowing online payments. But we also greatly appreciate that the software is easy to use for our tenants, and so far, they really appreciate the functionality of it! It’s made communication and processes so much more seamless!

Pros: Being able to provide my tenants with a secure platform for online payments and communication has made our operations so much more seamless! The customer service has been exceptional, and there are so many other features we are still learning, ad have yet to implement. What a great value for our money as a small business!

Cons: The financial features are still basic, but I appreciate their compatibility with QuickBooks and other software.

by Hemlane on 30/12/2019

Thanks Jessica! And, we look forward to improving the financials for you!

• Reviewed on 27/12/2019
Danny G.
Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2019

"Great product for partial self-management on remote properties."

Comments: I own 21 properties, 30 doors. We experimented with 2 properties in Florida (I live in Utah) and we were very impressed at how well it worked. We have recently moved 2 more remote properties from Illinois and 2 from Tennessee. We would move all our Florida properties over if Hemlane had a larger footprint in Florida. I also use their "simple" option for my local properties now which allows me to use there financial tools to collect rent and manage tenant needs w/o their local network of agents and full maintenance service. It is a good tool for those that want to reduce program management cost and be a little more involved with the program management itself w/o being overwhelmed.

Pros: - Allows me to cut property management costs significantly while still having 3rd party property management tools at my disposal.
- Allows me the flexibility to choose how involved I want to be in the management process.
- Provides excellent financial tools and workflows to collect rent, handle late fees and pay team professionals online. All of which is automated.
- Fully handles maintenance requests from tenants where I have full visibility and can interact as needed.
- Handles tenant emergency calls.
- Provides a local network of quality leasing agents that I can work with on property turns. Has excellent advertisement workflows and capabilities. Just had my first turn under hemlane and it was excellent.
- The dashboard view and financial ledger are real time and easier to understand then monthly text reports from full property managers.
- Product keeps improving.

Cons: - Some tenants had issues setting up automatic payments early on.
- Doesn't have a way to group properties.

by Hemlane on 08/05/2019

Thank you, Danny, for your review!
We sincerely appreciate it and look forward to continuing to work with you and expand our local agent partnerships to more regions for you.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2019
Lev M.
Broker / Property Manager

"I love Hemlane"

Pros: I like how I can handle every aspect of my property management business within Hemlane. From marketing and showing my listings, to applications, to collecting deposits and rent, to handling maintenance requests, Hemlane seamlessly manages all of these tasks and more.

Cons: No cons that I can think of. I wish I knew about Hemlane when I first got started in property management.

Mike Z.
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"User friendly and highly efficient"

Comments: Hemlane is so user friendly it significantly cuts down on the time I used to spend and now I can spend more time growing the business.

Pros: I love how simple it is to use. Our tenants and owners love it as well. Excellent software!

Cons: The only con was during the transition, getting all our owners onboard. Some of them are not techy and resisted change. However, Hemlane support was tremendously helpful and make the process much better.

by Hemlane on 14/11/2019

Thanks Mike for your review and the Hemlane team looks forward to providing support to you and your rentals!

Brian G.
Brian G.
Real Estate Investor/Agent
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2020

"Best Value and Easy to Use"

Comments: They are very responsive. The agent I used to get the account was awesome and easy to work with.

Pros: I like that it's automated. My tenants use it with ease and I can see where the money is at. It links directly with my bank accounts and keeps the books for me.
It's as close to having a book keeper that I've ever had.

Cons: The interest in showing screen, I have to create a showing first and then I can invite them, not just invite them to the showing.

by Hemlane on 11/03/2020

Thanks, Brian, for your kind review! And we have some new enhancements with showings. I think you will enjoy them (you can automatically invite a tenant to a showing now)!

• Reviewed on 08/03/2020
Danny W.
Landlord
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2020

"A must for landlords"

Comments: I was able to fire an underperforming property manager, take the 10% of gross rents (plus random fees they came up with) and invest in Hemlane for a fraction of the cost and way better platform features. My property is 115 miles away and my biggest concern was collecting rents and communication with tenants. Hemlane eliminated that issue for me and made everything more streamlined and passive, which is what us landlords want from our investment properties.

Pros: Ease of use for the owner and tenant. Communication flow and accounting all in one spot with quick turn around between tenants paying rent online and the rents being deposited in the bank account. Tech support for both the landlord and tenant is outstanding.

Cons: Nothing has been an issue so far. Even in the short time I’ve been using Hemlane, the platform is evolving better ways to streamline landlord-tenant communication via text etc.

by Hemlane on 19/03/2020

Thanks Danny for your kind review! We look forward to providing you with additional services and features, while you're 115 miles away from your investment!

• Reviewed on 18/03/2020
Shaun K.
Marketing Director
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"Hemlame is a Great Software Partner Who Has Helped Our Business Grow"

Comments: We are a full sales, leasing and property management team. We use Hemlane to market our listings and to manage our tenants and owners

Pros: Its intuitive, easy to learn and there is great support.

Cons: That we only found it recently, we wish we have been using it for years!

by Hemlane on 14/11/2019

Thanks Shaun for your review, and our team looks forward to supporting you and your business!

Margaret C.
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees

"Wonderful Customer Service"

Comments: The spectacular customer service. In my 15+ years of using various systems/data bases, mostly for work, I have never received this level of customer service.

Pros: In addition to the platform being user friendly, the customer services is amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] provided a thorough video training conference to go over the system, and regularly checked on my account for activity to inform me what the next step would be. I just leased out my 1st property and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been so responsive and hand-held me the entire way. Thank You!

Cons: So far none - I'm still new to the system.

David G.
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2020

"Great software to track your rental properties finances and marketing"

Comments: Im able to see when a tenant paid rent and it automatically adds late fees and deposits into my banking account. I can market a rental property and get it rented quickly on several sites simultaneously.

Pros: Automated rent notifications to my tenants with automatic late fees added.

Cons: There isnt a mobile app yet. Interaction in the financials page is a bit difficult to make changes to late fees

by Hemlane on 05/03/2020

Thanks for the review, David! And, we look forward to making Financials even easier for you in the upcoming months.

• Reviewed on 08/01/2020
Toby P.
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2019

"Extraordinary product"

Comments: Since the first 28 day free trial, the owner has communicated directly with me and explained all the aspects of the software. It is extremely easy to use and allows management to focus on the right things for property owners and tenants. Second to none.

Pros: Customer service and features are the best in class

Cons: I did not find out about the software sooner.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2019
Daniel T.
Daniel T.
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2020

"Hemlane is great! Especially the support is amazing!"

Comments: Fantastic. Perfect. I cannot rate them highly enough!

Pros: Hands down the best feature you could ever ask for- is the support! Hemlane is AMAZING. Especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]- she is probably the best administrator in the industry.

Cons: Nothing. It's fantastic. I highly recommend it!

• Reviewed on 08/10/2020
Andrew T.
Army Officer
Military, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2018

"Andrew Trahan’s Review"

Pros: The ability to advertise across several different listing websites.

Cons: Sometimes the website does not work on all browsers or different types of computers.

by Hemlane on 20/12/2018

Thanks Andrew for your kind review! We look forward to continuing to work with you and yes ... hope that we can support Microsoft Internet Explorer in the future.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2018
Sonia S.
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2017

"Can't beat value and customer support."

Comments: Simplicity of use for myself and my tenants. Having my tenants calls taken care of when they occur. I do want to remain aware of what is occurring but don't want to have to be on call 24/7. This works beautifully for that.

Pros: It's simple to navigate and doesn't overwhelm. When you do have difficulty finding something a simple email or phone call generates a very quick response and resolution. They worked quickly to update the software (two days) to make the payment date info. clarification that I needed. I had read about this quick response time in reviews when I was shopping for software systems and I experienced it first hand two months into my subscription.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2017
Jessica N.
Property Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2019

"Review"

Comments: I love working with the Customer Support and his attention to my issues.

Pros: The organization it provides
The tracking abilities

Cons: The way the reports print out...wish it looked just like the report on the screen
The reports aren't detailed enough for my needs.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2019
John W.
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"Hemlane review"

Comments: I liked the site and customer service a lot.

Pros: I liked the customer support most. Site functionality is also good.

Cons: The "featured" listing feature didn't seem to make any difference.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Mark T.
Broker Associate
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"Hemlane is Fantastic!"

Comments: I have happily referred many of my investor clients to Hemlane. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and her associates are there for you each step of the way to help set up your account and give you advise on the features that would be most beneficial to your property management needs and goals.

Pros: Hemlane's software is so easy and intuitive. It makes property management a breeze.

Cons: I have no concerns regarding this software.

by Hemlane on 22/11/2019

Mark,
Thank you for your review! We look forward to continuing to work with you. We're here to also help you build your real estate business with leasing opportunities as well!

The Hemlane Team

• Reviewed on 19/11/2019
Lisa R.
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2021

"So Easy and Comprehensive"

Comments: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been amazing! He has been so helpful and responds so quickly to our questions regarding the software or any property management questions.

Pros: Hemlane has made property management so easy! Everything is in one place and the tenants have an easy way to contact us or submit a maintenance request. I love the safe bank deposits for rent also.

Cons: We have the middle priced plan and it requires you provide your own list of repair people. It would be awesome in Hemlane had a list of approved vendors they could recommend

• Reviewed on 04/06/2021
Sandy P.
Realtor/Property Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2019

"Customer Support is superior"

Comments: My overall experience has been very positive. The first time utilizing a property management software, therefore, have no previous comparison but the software has helped us to accomplish our goals.

Pros: Working with customer support to assist in the setup and ongoing daily tasks. Our rep was and is always available to help and provide answers to our questions.

Cons: Sometimes it's not obvious where to locate certain features. But I imagine over time you get accustomed to the software and how to utilize to it's full potential.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2019
Systems Engineer
Defense & Space, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2019

"Hemlane"

Comments: Overall, I had a great experience with Hemlane.

Pros: Easy and convenient to use. It looks really professional as well.

Cons: Lack of support for the software. It took 2-3 weeks to get my tenant’s rent the first month. It then took another 2 weeks the second month.

by Hemlane on 03/04/2019

Thank you for your review! For the rent payouts, we sincerely apologize that you experienced any delay. It could have been due to a mis-mapping (if you changed bank accounts), but we have a fix in place to alert us if a payout does not happen in the expected timeframe. We hope you do not experience this ever again.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2019
Jordan S.
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2016

"Increased my bottom line"

Comments: I've been managing 9 properties, primarily in Denver. Hemlane's software and agents (they work with local property managers for certain tasks, such as open houses) have made my management significantly easier. I don't need to visit my properties as often and I've saved 40% in property management costs by using their software. I don't know why I didn't hear about them earlier.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2016
Theo K.
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2016

"Finally software and service wrapped up in a single package"

Comments: I've been looking around for property management software to help me manage my properties. Surprise to find Hemlane not only does the software, but also offer support for maintenance requests and leasing. Now I can finally fire my expensive property manager! Can't recommend them enough!

• Reviewed on 25/08/2016
Ian Y.
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2016

"Best customer service that I've experienced"

Comments: I normally don't write reviews, but it is Sunday morning (of a 3 day weekend). We had urgent maintenance issues, and Hemlane's software and services addressed the issue as quickly as possible. Would recommend to anyone.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2016
Katherine C.
Landlord
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2021

"Dante Property Review"

Pros: Dedicated assistant to ease user into using the platform & easy to read financial reports.

Cons: Notification symbols for new or prospective tenants didn’t time out or disappear after reviewing the notification- it lingered for about 24hrs creating some confusion as to whether that notification had been viewed at all, especially when a property is in high demand.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2021
  • Reviewed on 15/07/2021

"Hemlane - Yes, You Can Manage Your Properties"

Comments: Very strong experience. I didn't think I could effectively manage my units electronically and had been with property management for several years. As it turns out, I'm disappointed in the quality of PM in the industry and I (using Hemlane) can do a much better job.

Pros: Very easy to use and tenants love it. The software options are intuitive and, in case of issues, the customer support is very professional and prompt.

Cons: I haven't found anything egregious - sometimes maintenance response can be a bit slow but that's usually because they're trying to coordinate between myself, the tenant, and the repair organization.

• Reviewed on 15/07/2021