• Overall

About Airtable

Airtable is the database that anyone can use with a beautiful spreadsheet interface.

Learn more about Airtable

Showing 1,152 reviews

Partner
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2018

"Airtable is an unbelievably powerful project management software"

Comments: Airtable enabled me to centralise several workflows for my business in one piece of sofwtware - from inventory tracking to a blog content calendar. It became the workflow hub of my business.

Pros: The flexbility of Airtable is unparalleled. No workflow software I have seen offers the kind of flexibility Airtable does. Users can design the exact workflow they are looking for and visualize it in the way they prefer (Kanban, calendar, spreadsheet etc). It takes the best of Excel, Google Sheets, Trello, Google Calendar and more and melds them together perfectly. I've used Airtable for things as different as keeping inventory and managing a blog calendar.

Cons: The most difficult part of Airtable is the learning curve is very sweet. Because it's a swiss-army knife, it is difficult to get started and get the best out of the tool in the beginning. While their are lots of templates and the like offered through Airtable Universe, they only become useful once you develop familiarity with the software overall and the tools and functionalities it is.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2018
Jessica H.
Stay at home mom
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2019

"My favorite software!"

Comments: In the past few years, I've become a bit of a spreadsheet junkie. This is the perfect program! I can access from an app or online so my information is always available. I much prefer using Airtable over Excel and will use it instead whenever possible.

Pros: -can be accessed from anywhere via either the app or the website so I always have access to my info
-very intuitive and simple to use
-more options for categorizing entries so feels like a better use for more than just number entry
-very small learning curve; it is easy to figure out how to use the program

Cons: -I wish it were more capable of doing formulas when necessary, like Excel. The formula option is extremely confusing.

• Reviewed on 28/11/2019
Debbie B.
Media Director
Nanotechnology, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2018

"Our Nonprofit Could Not Work Without Airtable"

Comments: We use Airtable for our nonprofit organization that provides new beds and bedding for children and their families who are sleeping on the floor or other unsafe, unsanitary or inadequate places. We use Airtable to organize our Requests for Assistance and Bed Orders as well as social media, Fundraising, Events or any other things we needs help for. It is very easy to teach our volunteers how to use Airtable or add forms. It has been incredibly useful in evaluating our data to make reports for our Donors.

Pros: Airtable is so easy to use that it is extremely easy to train our volunteers when they need to use it. It is so much easier to create spreadsheets with useful functions than to create actual spreadsheets on Excel or Google Sheets. Extremely easy to create new views, evaluate data, create reports to distribute, to create forms, to import data, to integrate with other apps, to use on our computers, tablets and smartphones.

Cons: Can't really think of any. Every time we have a problem, it is resolved.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2018
Eric S.
Data Analyst
Philanthropy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2019

"Great for Non-Profits"

Comments: I want to start by saying I think Airtable is a great service. I have found it to be intuitive to use and flexible in its application. I first got introduced to Airtable when looking for a database for a large volunteer project in Honduras. There were hundreds of items we needed to track. When we began looking for a database product, all of the records were kept in binders. This didn’t allow for much analysis and was liable to end in catastrophic loss of data. As I looked for products online, I tried a few free services but they were either too technical for the application or fell short when applied to a shared, international database. Airtable turned out to be the perfect solution. The service is incredibly affordable, even for a nonprofit working in Honduras. In addition, it is easily scaled. As we continued to add data, we were able to upgrade our plan as needed with no pause in service thanks to their grace period. A few things that I think set Airtable apart. The interface is easy to use and for someone who was used to living in the world of excel and access very intuitive. My biggest concern, when looking for a product, was finding something other staff and volunteers would be able to use without having to train them on database management. The ability to quickly build and share forms was perfect. After setting up the back end, I was able to build a few forms and from there it was easy to control access to the database and allow for error free entry. Sharing th

Pros: Ease of Use
Ability to try before using
Ease of making connections between sheets
Ability to collaborate quickly and easily
Version and editor control
Form making is quick and simple
Design is nice and not over complicated

Cons: The number of rows allowed per sheet is small before an upgrade is required
Can't change payment easily
Sheets and database hosted on main website makes it difficult to remain on the database
Import functionality is low still

• Reviewed on 03/03/2019
Joe G.
Church Communications Training
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees

"Just outstandingly helpful"

Comments: I've used Airtable for all sorts of different projects, including testing websites with hundreds of page templates. It has saved me hours upon hours compared to other tools that I've previously used and considered.

Pros: Airtable is SO flexible. You can manage anything using the spreadsheet-like table, yet it has so much more power than a standard spreadsheet, with the ability to upload attachments to each row. You can also group by certain fields, but the best bit is views - you can decide on display settings and filters for each view, so that you have templates set up for different parts of the project.

Cons: Some of the features aren't obvious - things like the undo button being hidden behind the 'history' icon. But standard keyboard shortcuts work so it shouldn't cause much difficulty, and there are lots of how-to guides.

Chase H.
Creative Director
Retail, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/11/2019

"Great tool for simple storage, organization and collaboration"

Comments: Overall, it served it's purpose when we began using it, but have simply outgrown it. I think for personal use and smaller projects with a handful of people, it's a fabulous tool.

Pros: Easy to use, easy to onboard other people, and great for visual organization and storage of certain assets and projects. Integrates with Zapier and other tools that our team uses.

Cons: Hard to scale. We hoped for it to be a fully-fledged project management tool and while it gets the job done to some degree, it's not as fully fleshed out as others on the market.

• Reviewed on 05/11/2019
Jemma B.
Video Editor
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2018

"For when you use spreadsheets for things other than numbers"

Comments: I enjoy airtable. It's the only spreadsheet software I really like to use.

Pros: I love the muliuse and multiviews of airtable. I'm in video production and it's nice to have one place where I can store everything from budgets, production calendars, gear lists, crew surveys for meals, collaborative post production workflow etc . I also use it in marketing to keep track of our our social media calendar and as a task manager. At home, I use it to manage my expenses, my freelance work, and to organize my travel.

Cons: I wish it had a better tutorial. While I am willing to go look for answers and explore how to make and use a base, I have a lot of coworkers that are too used to excel and similar spreadsheets that they can't grasp how to efficiently use airtable. This frustrate them and they turn back to excel or google sheets. If the tutorial was a bit more comprehensive or force a user to take a spin when they first joined airtable (possibly even gamify it to point out what people can do with it), I could see more old corporate people understanding the use of the software if it's spelled out for them.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2018
Michelle S.
Account Director
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"Prettiest Organization out there"

Comments: Customer service has been great, the blocks are getting there, and little things like the ability to color code based on different criteria is amazing. Overall we can tell that so much thought goes into this product and we have already gotten two of our clients to switch over to Airtable because they've seen how we use it first-hand.

Pros: The different views. Being able to create views for different users and different uses makes a huge difference in our team's ability to communicate and take in the information we need to.

Cons: The inability to copy and paste an entire airtable to another. Sometimes you need to move things.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2019
Luis C.
VP of Operatikna
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

"Very satisfied"

Comments: I have been able to design the solutions to my business problems without learning to code.

Pros: I love the ease of use. Ive always been fascinates eith databases but have never known how to code a solution for my business needs. Airtable
Solved that.

Cons: I need to create better dashboards with more graphs. I need to be able to export those geaphs or embed them somewhere else. The forms need improving and I needed to use Stacker as a front end solution for my employeea and clients.

Benjamín T.
Content Marketer
Furniture, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2019

"Airtable is a great solution for large teams"

Comments: My overall experience with Airtable has been extremely pleasurable and I am satisfied. When I put together my own company I will definitely be purchasing a subscription and working directly with them. Hopefully I can get to try some other products by the company in the future.

Pros: I like how this is basically a more shareable version of Excel, I work as a part of a Content Marketing Team at a large e-commerce and we've really seen the difference between sending files with reports amongst ourselves via mail or chat and putting everything into Airtable and working directly from there. You have to also consider the fact that Airtable can do more as a database than Excel, allowing you to upload DOC files, PDFs, for example, rather than just plain text. Then there's the thing about different types of fields that you can use that fill themselves automatically when you create a new row.

Cons: The fact that it seems to me like they keep some very obvious options to the paid app. My company is a little on the cheap side, I'll admit, so they didn't purchase the whole thing. Therefore, I can't do things like coloring cells or rows, which to me seems just a little far fetched. I mean, that'a very basic function of your main competitor, which I'm guessing is Excel. I understand if you limit the free version's data capacity, for example. But things like that?

• Reviewed on 22/03/2019
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2021

"Flexible, Affordable, Intuitive Cloud-Based Database Solution"

Comments: I consider Airtable to be the single most important piece of software in my workflow. It's also the most flexible.

Pros: Airtable is super-simple to use, yet powerful for anyone who works with formulas. I shifted from Filemaker Pro to Airtable and found that Airtable does everything and then some from a functional standpoint. The best part to me is its ability to easily connect with other cloud-based SaaS products (sometimes with built-in integrations, but mostly through Zapier). It's allowed me to build powerful custom tools on the fly without having to coordinate with outside developers.

Cons: Databases are limited to 50,000 records apiece, and anything above that requires a comical amount of added costs. A past client regularly ran above that, which made data management a bit challenging. As long as you're dealing with fewer records than that, you're good to go.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2021
Partner
International Trade & Development, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2021

"Intuitive database features"

Comments: Effective when several collaborators are working at the same time on a project and adding data to a table

Pros: easy to set up and use tables, invite collaborators etc
possibility to allow a client a limited view of data relevant to him
wide range of templates and usage cases available
many training videos
forces data entry consistency

Cons: whilst easy to use, if user has no prior knowledge about databases it can be a learning curve to use the tool in the most effective way (rather than as a glorified excel sheet)

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2021
Mario G.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Do you need a database, use formulas and create automations? YOU NEED AIRTABLE"

Comments: I recommend a lot of people use Airtable and apply all the process of their companies. I'm really proud of this incredible product that i'm sure that will growth a lot (Microsoft are copying them, Google too...)

Pros: Las features of automations are AMAZING, if you use it correctly you can automate ALL your company process

Cons: Statistics and logs can be improved or tools for monitoring your services if you run it on production (like my case)

Muneeb K.
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2019

"Excel on Steroids"

Comments: We're are looking for a collaborative tool that can help the team task management. We used a number of tools but settled with Airtable. It is very simple to learn due to its similarity with excel. Now our entire company is using it to collaborate on different projects.

Pros: They's a lot you can achieve with Airtable. Templates makes it easy to customize for different needs. It's a good tool for simple scheduling and task management.

Cons: I would like to setup email reminder based upon dates or certain conditions of a cell. Right now it lacks the ability to do it.

• Reviewed on 22/12/2019
Alex T.
Managing Director
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"Just WOW!"

Comments: It's a HUGE time saver, allows easy and seamless communication with everyone involved with our organization from web developer, social media managers and our artists. It's a critical part of our day to day operations.

Pros: It's easy to use and setup for our specific needs. Airtable has allowed us to manage inventory and availability directly with our artists. It's helped us ensure we have the most up to date information and cut back on errors when listing items on websites & social media.

Cons: Nothing! We love everything about Airtable and the support they offer to their customers. I recommend it to everyone I speak with.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Senior Product Manager
Financial Services
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2018

"Airtable revolutionizes the boring concept of relational database and makes it hip again!"

Comments: The capability and flexibility to rapidly launch a database, then incrementally revise schema, business logic, and views as needs evolve. The numerous filtered views streamline role-based data entry. Most importantly, the ease of sharing and embedding is a godsend. None of the products on the marketplace lives in that sweet spot like Airtable does.

Pros: Airtable offers ultimate flexibility and accessibility. Gone are the days when you must spend a significant portion of efforts with schema and data dictionary design upfront. Database development and management can now be truly iterative. That mate very well with agile development methodologies. The graphical nature of the platform spares users from possessing prerequisite knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and command-line interface (CLI). The design principle democratizes NoSQL by gifting business users the benefits of NoSQL database (e.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, Amazon's DynamoDB). It expertly fills the void between Excel, Access, SQL and NoSQL databases, and even FileMaker Pro!

Cons: Most of Airtable's targeted clientele may already be familiar with advanced functions from Excel or SQL and would naturally be interested in leveraging them for advanced calculations or business logic. As feature-packed as Airtable is, it is bound to run into selected use cases where functionality gaps manifest themselves. Airtable is diligently working on plugging these gaps, and I remain extremely hopeful and faithful!

• Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Laura e. F.
Managing Editor
Writing & Editing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2018

"Airtable revolutionized our business"

Comments: Airtable is an impressive blend of high functionality and easy user experience. We've been able to standardize and streamline our employee onboarding process, store and organize important documentation for our team and affiliates, increase the depth and efficiency of our client management system, and collaboratively create and build new content for our clients. It's Zapier and Asana integrations have been critical to these processes. We now have 35 employees, whose tech literacy range widely, using Airtable in their daily work. We absolutely LOVE Airtable!

Pros: Airtable is above all easy to use. You don't need a computer science degree or coding certificate to do great work with it. And this doesn't seem to compromise its functionality for the average user. The organization capabilities – from the overall workspaces to within the records themselves – are what drew us in, and the file storage capabilities, Zapier integration, and collaborative workspaces totally hooked us. The ability to customize each individual database is paramount, and we rely on the fact that we can access our databases from anywhere. The colors also should not be taken for granted.

Cons: There are some limitations that we have had to find workarounds for, primarily not being able to share information across bases (we now use a Zapier integration to do this, but we've found it unreliable and limited in its own right), and not being able to integrate email in a way that is useful for our business. But there is nothing that Airtable CAN do that we dislike.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2018
Media and Communications Manager
Public Relations & Communications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2018

"I enjoyed spreadsheets before, but I love them even more now"

Comments: Overall, our office has really benefitted from using this product for shared spreadsheets that many people are viewing and updating on a daily basis. I've recommended this product to others, who have in turn started using it themselves.

Pros: I love how user-friendly and clean the interface is. Subtile design elements make it visually appealing, which makes a difference in our satisfaction considering how much of our day is spent looking at spreadsheets. I also like that it is relatively easy to use. Right away, new users can create beautiful, basic spreadsheets, especially making use of the curated templates. There are more advanced functions, however, that require a little more research and statistical know-how to employ.

Cons: This is a new(ish) product, and as a result, I can sometimes think of features that would be helpful that should be added. One, for example, is a better way to see which of a base's users are viewing the sheet in real time. Another is some additional formatting options involving colors and perhaps parent-child relationships between rows. Maybe some of that will develop over time. One more note of caution: if you're using this and you decide to add a profile picture to your account, think about whether you want to have a profile pic longterm before you do it. Once a photo is added, it can only be changed to a new photo, not changed back to the generic avatar. I finally was able to achieve a workaround for this via Airtable support, but I thought it was strange that their system wouldn't include capability to simply remove your profile pic.

Danique T.
Creative evangelist
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2020

"Great for Filmmakers"

Comments: I love Airtable. It’s my favorite spreadsheet software. There’s nothing else out there that is quite like it. I’m a filmmaker and use it for filmmaking projects but they have so many amazing templates, everyone should ditch Google Sheets, Apple’s Numbers, and Microsoft’s Excel and just use Airtable.

Pros: I love how there’s various templates that you can choose from for pretty much any project you might be working on, but that those templates are also super customizable. And all of those features are free. I’ve tried using Google Sheets before and it just doesn’t compare to Airtable. It’s amazing for filmmakers. I use it to store information of my cast and crew, figure out a shot list and integrate that with my scenes, and create a schedule for when I will shoot which scenes and where. I also create prop lists and which ones are used in which scene. The integration between tabs is amazing!

Cons: It’s really annoying when I try to get other people to fill out a form, for example to choose a time slot for when I can film their interview, that they need to create an account. That is so annoying! It’s the reason why when I do have to schedule people I use Google Sheets instead because pretty much everyone has a Google account, but I prefer the functionality of Airtable.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2020
Tracy S.
Marketing Director
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/01/2021

"My Fav project management tool"

Comments: Saved me hours worth of searching, re-organizing, finding 3 different places/ways to save things to attack and run a project efficiently. I've even gotten our "most veteran"/least tech saavy person up to speed & she learned it in moment vs. her continuing to struggle with excel.

Pros: Pretty painless learning curve for the free version options. I call it a spreadsheet on steroids as it has similar capabilities but the "one click" different views with different sorting/filtering/grouping saves so much time & allows for folks to view their pieces of the project, or the entire project, however works best for their work/learning style.

Cons: I don't have any cons. If you want more functionality, you can pay for the upgraded version, so you have options if the free version isn't enough for your needs.

• Reviewed on 26/01/2021
Jennifer H.
Front-end Developer
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2020

"Great for organizing and collaborating"

Comments: All of our team members work in different locations, so we needed a cloud solution for communicating and organizing our projects and duties. Airtable has been a great solution for tracking and organizing projects across all of our locations.

Pros: It's like a spreadsheet on steroids. You can create fields with checkboxes, dates or dropdowns as you need to really create what you want from the program.

Cons: Some of the cool benefits are only available at a price level that is too high for our current budget.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2020
Brett W.
Lead Developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2018

"Airtable is the Spreadsheet (and more) Application Everyone Needs"

Comments: As I mentioned before, I am now using the application for QA and bug tracking, but have also used it for task tracking on collaborative projects I work on, which I've found to be really effective. I run my own business and am the only employee, so I don't need a full fledged project management solution and found this to be a great alternative when working with other companies that don't use one for web development, either. Since Airtable also provides different ways to view data (Grid, Form, Gallery, Calendar, Kanban) the ways in which this product can be used are infinite. There's even a mobile app!

Pros: As an early adopter of Airtable, I've seen the program grow from a more functional and intuitive version of Excel to a full fledged application that can do anything from spreadsheet management to producing a CRM or project workflow. Initially, I used the application for QA and bug tracking, but now I use it for inventory for art I collect (I can even include photos for visual reference), lead tracking and generation, and a few other practical things. The more I use Airtable, the more I'm impressed with how much potential the application has to positively impact any business, organization, or individual.

Cons: For first time users, it can be a bit intimidating, especially if checking out the application, casually. One great resource that Airtable introduced is Airtable Universe, which highlights and demonstrates working and real examples of how companies and industries are using Airtable to track deadlines, scheduling, and a slew of other use cases. I would recommend that as the starting point for any novice of the application or anyone interested in giving it a try.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2018
Theresa E.
VP of Operations
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2020

"Our Team Went From Zero Organization to Project Pipeline Wizards"

Comments: By using Airtable we are able to communicate with our clients better using the "Calendar" base. We are able to show our clients what we are doing for them the entire month. Being transparent with them and having this very cool interactive Calendar that shows our reports and ad creative really puts us at a whole new level in their eyes.

Pros: This software is super easy to use and has so many different options for "viewing" which allows something for everybody. There are so many different connections as well and the Block features allow our team to be very efficient with our client projects.

Cons: There is no way to reach out to somebody on customer support. I wish there was a chat option for customer support. There really isn't any training that comes alot with it. There are some videos but if there was a way to setup a webinar with an account manager there to help us learn more ways we could be using it, that would be ideal.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2020
Mayank G.
CEO, Founder
Animation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2020

"Airtable enables to keep track of the entire project management process"

Comments: Airtable is my favourite project management platform that provide extensive features about project management and covers all our needs during development process.

Pros: Airtable connects our team to each other during the project development process and makes it possible to work in syncronization. Project manager can define the roles and the permission of each particular team member in a very flexible way.

Cons: Customer support is late to respond to the cases that we have created in support center and pricing plans are not flexible, 4 static pricing plans are not sufficient for this kind of a feature rich platform. User should be able to select the limits in a more flexible way.

• Reviewed on 29/12/2020
Bryn H.
Post Production Coordinator
Entertainment, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2021

"A Near-Perfect Collaboration Tool, No Wobble to This Table"

Comments: Task and project management with a large team of executives, editors, coordinators and supervisors in an 95% Work-From-Home environment.

Pros: The visual element of this software really sets itself apart from others. This was an easy transition coming from an entertainment background where most everything was done on note cards. Here's a brief list of the good: - There are multiple views catering to organizational preferences of whichever user is utilizing the software.
- Alerts are set up easily and can be automated to limit the amount personal email communication needed. Meaning that when a cell is altered a member of the team can get an instant notification.
- Data management is a breeze, attaching files to the Airtable sheet is as simple as drag and drop and allows for multiple people to edit the same documents.
-Labels and color coordination help to add order to projects with lots of moving parts.
The bottom line is that this software is near-perfect for a team to work collaboratively on a common goal and limits the amount of needless communication that usually drains a companies productivity.

Cons: Permissions could be a little cleaner when working in a dual authentication paradigm. The learning curve is pretty steep, rightly so, in that this is a very versatile software with lots of bells and whistles and it would behoove the user to watch some of the Airtable produced learning content.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2021