• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.8 /5

About Jolt

Jolt is an app-based software used to manage daily operations and hourly workers, giving real-time feedback to owners and managers.

Learn more about Jolt

Graphic Designer
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2018

"easy to use"

Comments: ease of scheduling and how it lists the employees, the are all consolidated on one page which makes it easier to find their contact information

Pros: i like how it automatically sends us emails to show us our weekly schedule. request for time off or communicate with your boss is effective.

Cons: that it doesnt send daily text reminders or sync to your calendar on my iphone, i have to input it myself or open my email to view my schedule

• Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Traci K.
Chief Administrative Officer
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2019

"Pretty good for the cost."

Comments: Overall, I am happy with the experience. There are some options that I would like to have added, but it is saving me some time.

Pros: The cost and the function that allows team members to edit their own punches. Huge time saver for me.

Cons: I would like to see integration of Paid Time Off / Vacation hours. We have a set schedule in our clinic, so the scheduling function is a little cumbersome. I understand this approach for restaurants or other types of businesses, but the ability to track / enter Paid time off would be very helpful. I also would like the report option to be different. I would like a report that gave daily, weekly and pay period totals per employee. I have to manually adjust the excel sheet to figure overtime hours.

• Reviewed on 04/09/2019
Aaron R.
Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2018

"Jolt transforms our workforce into an efficient well-oiled, agile machine"

Comments: Massive operational efficiency.

Pros: Jolt has given us visibility into our day-to-day operations. It allows us to see where we exceed and where we fall short. Jolt provides the mechanism for operational efficiencies which can't be achieved with paper checklists. We love that we can organize every day in advance and ensure we're in compliance with food safety practices using checklists, food labels, and temperature probes. Jolt is our future manual for franchisees to perform their day-to-day operations.

Cons: Bluetooth label printers don't always connect but this is more of a hardware issue than Jolt's issue.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2018
Alexander C.
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2018

"Fantastic App that helps us keep things in order!"

Comments: Stabilize operation on a micro-level

Pros: Pretty clear and easy to use once you get the hang of it. Totally indispensable to keeping an operation running smoothly.

Cons: Wish that the software had the ability to alert if there was an exception- i.e. Air Conditioning in working order? Yes/No (if No, notification is immediately sent to Admins)

• Reviewed on 06/02/2018
Co-Founder & CEO
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2020

"Best Product I've Ever Used"

Comments: They are the best to work with. Absolutely amazing!

Pros: The task management is amazing. We've used it for real-estate property management in the past and it's great.

Cons: I don't have any cons. This is an amazing company and I'd recommend them for everyone. They have amazing customer service.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2020
Brittani C.
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2020

"Fantastic- when it works."

Comments: Jolt has greatly improved our food scores since we began using it. It has gotten our team members in the habit of labelling everything because it is easy-to-use and has all pertinent information readily available. The issue is getting technical problems resolved in an appropriate manner; our printer has been unusable for a total of over 2 months out of the 10 months which we have had it.

Pros: The label feature for all food products has really helped us to drastically increase our food safety scores by clearly indicating when a particular product must be used by. We no longer have to mentally recall the hundreds of various hold times we have for all of our products and their ingredients, because all of that information is easily stored in the Jolt system and prints out with the touch of a button. The labels are also much higher quality than other sticker systems we have tried in the past, making dish washing much easier because they are removed easily with zero sticky residue.

Cons: The software, in our experience, is offline often. We contacted Customer Service multiple times to try to correct the issue but were instructed that we may need to send the entire printer back to be serviced and that we would get it back after the repair was complete in 2-3 months. The printer system is pricey to begin with, so it did not seem like an appropriate solution to be without what we were paying for, for multiple months. We also have issues with the calibration lining up with the stickers perfectly, but have discovered that if you gently pull on each sticker before printing it will line up more accurately.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2020
Corder P.
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2017

"Jolt Software Review"

Comments: We have been using Jolt at my restaurant now for around 2 years. We love the customization options that Jolt includes, how easy it is to use, and how much more neat and organized our restaurant looks since we began using Jolt. Jolt has allowed us to toss out our old paper checklists and gave us checklists on tablets. Having our checklists and information all in one place made our checklists easier to access and has given our restaurant a more professional environment. We have also watched the productivity of our team rise as a result of using Jolt in the restaurant. We also use this software to create and send out our weekly shift schedule to the whole team. The mobile app then allows team members to request shift trades when needed straight through the app itself. Then, once a shift trade request has been submitted, the manager of that shift can then approve or deny the shift trade right on the app. This saves time, and is a great deal less effort than having to make phone calls all day to find someone to cover a shift. Myself, as well as my team, highly recommend this software to anyone or any company in need of a game changer. This software will be the tool that helps you and your team get to the next level.

Pros: Easy of Use, Customization, Features, Scheduling, Mobile App, Labels, Checklists and Information in Central Location

Cons: Goal setting not built in. App sometimes does not read (connect to) printer on the first attempt.

• Reviewed on 05/04/2017
Tyler M.
Operations Services
Restaurants, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2017

"Everything in One Place"

Comments: We now have 40 locations using Jolt for our daily checklists and logs. It is great having quick access to any list or food safety log in a matter of seconds. It has improved our team's accountability in getting the necessary details completed accurately on a daily basis. Not only does it help set the restaurant up for success in serving our customers, the Health Department also appreciates our electronic temperature logs!
Some features I would like to see improve are capabilities within the way lists can be setup, such as conditional formatting and multiple items under a parent item. I would also like to see more customization around notifications. The notifications are one of the best features of Jolt! The goods news is, the Jolt team is very receptive to feedback and always tries to make client's ideas come to life.
Overall, I would highly recommend Jolt to any restaurant looking to streamline their systems and eliminate all of the paper and clip boards!

Pros: The lists capabilities are currently the biggest benefit to us, but we have also started testing the Zebra printer and scheduling.

Cons: We like the scheduling feature but since it does not integrate with our systems, it's not the best option for us. I would also like to see more customization for the way lists can be configured, such as conditional formatting and more that one measurable under a parent item. More customization surrounding notifications would be helpful as well.

• Reviewed on 14/03/2017
Elizabeth H.
Reservations
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"Great for Schedules!"

Comments: This is an incredibly easy tool for scheduling employees. It really makes calculating hours much easier.

Pros: I love the ease of use with this software, and the navigation of different employees' schedules. Its easy to insert times and easy to post once it is completed.
We also love that there is an app! It's up to date with the times, and with younger employees, technology and ease of access is everything.
We also love the referral program. We haven't had anyone actually join yet, but we recommend Jolt to everyone.

Cons: We had a couple issues with getting employees the link to actually view their schedule. It would get lost or just not even send. There should just be a way for us to preset a password for the employee and once they log in it asks them to reset it.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Elizabeth H.
Special Projects Coordinator
Food Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2018

"Jolt has made the day to day operations in our restaurants much more efficient!"

Comments: We are able to track temperature and cash register balancing history easily and remotely. For example, if our maintenance team asks if a piece of equipment has been staying in temp, it can be easily checked by reviewing the history of temperatures for that piece of equipment. As supervisors of 7 food service locations, Jolt also allows us to monitor the balancing of our registers remotely by having an email sent any time the store does not balance. It also allows our management team to complete store checks every shift to ensure that the store meets company standards. This has made for cleaner and safer restaurants.

Pros: As supervisors of multiple food service restaurants it is easy to miss crucial information. With Jolt, when a piece of equipment is temped out of range or a safe does not balance we are automatically sent an email and made aware of the issue. This prompt notification allows us to ensure corrective action is made immediately.

Cons: The only con we have noticed is that the app cannot alert you a list has become available unless the app is opened. This has caused some of our managers to forget to do lists. We have found a work around by setting alarms on the iPad reminding the management team that the list is now available to complete.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2018
Andrew D.
Restaurant Systems Director
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2017

"Great for Accountability"

Comments: We have been with Jolt from close to the beginning. We have just loved the option of having a paper-free solution to our list that can offer real accountability our team. Jolt keeps adding additional feature as we go the are helpful.

Pros: Lists

Cons: Non- integration to the rest of our system.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2017
Steve K.
Director/Owner
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2017

"Outstanding & solving our schedule problems."

Comments: Profitable results & ease of managing emp's.

Pros: The results. We are saving up to 80 hrs per week over our previous scheduling process (35 Emp - retail). Once it was set up, the ease of going week to week, making changes, interacting w Emp's through the app has made a big, positive difference. Additionally, the Jolt Team helps you set up & learn quickly. They do outstanding work in my experience. Though I own the business, I now open w 1 other, have reduced staff (including mgt) & I can reward diligent, productive emp's w avail hours. No one will watch your business like you do - Jolt lets me do that. We are also implementing other Jolt features now, for better control of work quality. Glad to have found Jolt!

Cons: Some future features will help us in our application, but our method in Jolts existing functions work fine.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2017
Joe S.
Operations Support Manager
Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2016

"Jolt review"

Comments: Spectacular product, easy to use, reduces paper usage, increases accountability, great for multi-unit

Cons: If you have multiple content groups, you can't move things from one group the other. Everything has to be created from scratch, which is a real pain if 90% is the same from one content group to the next.

• Reviewed on 01/11/2016
Curtis W.
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2019

"I thought I had walked into the wrong restaurant ;)"

Comments: Store cleanliness has improved so much in the past couple weeks due to both the employees and the manager's utilizing the checklists on the tablet. We're notified when freezers and refrigerators are out of temp, which in turn saves on cost of goods since we aren't wasting products. It has helped with labor due to the fact that you can print 6 labels (day dots) per second and taking temperatures is a breeze since the thermocouple is synced to the tablet and it automatically records the temps for you.

Pros: Easy to hold your staff accountable for all their assigned tasks and for maintaining food safety. You're able to get emails/texts when temps are out of range or someone has completed tasks that they should have completed.

Cons: I haven't found any cons just yet. We went from using the standard Redbook set up to this.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Jason S.
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2017

"Jolt has helped me get my team of managers on the same page!"

Pros: It helps with consistency. It also is easy to review and to hold people accountable. It also allows me to communicate with my staff even if I don't see them everyday

Cons: Initial programming takes a while to get setup - but once it's going it is great. Once I got the administration part figured out - it was easy for my staff

• Reviewed on 05/09/2017
Chris S.
Franchisee / Owner
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/09/2016

"Jolt = No Brainer"

Comments: I use Jolt for my Franchised Five Guys Locations and Independant restaurant, Zunzi's. The labeling, scheduling, request off, and task management are all fantastic. The increased accountability of metrics on lead indicators like shift checklists really increase performance which shows in the lag indicator (Results).

Pros: Easy to use and to customize.

Cons: Nothing.

• Reviewed on 16/09/2016
Mike H.
operations director
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2018

"Very easy to get training from"

Pros: I like how we can make to do list for my team. I also like how it links request off to the schedule. This leaves less error for days off being requested.

Cons: I do find it easy to check out who did what task that said were done. I feel it is hard to find and should be easier.

• Reviewed on 02/02/2018
George A.
Director of Quality, Training and Development
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Great Application!"

Comments: This system is dummy proof. Anyone can complete this the assignment, you can even assign that they are supposed to take pictures of the area or assignments. Very useful and great for the restaurant industry.

Pros: You are able to assign the checklist to the employees with a deadline that your able to assign to each individual. This is great for accountability for each person in different departments. They also earn points as they complete the check list within the time they are to complete it.

Cons: At this time I haven’t experience anything negative about it, it has been proven to be successful through the Jolt system.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Director of Training and HR
Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2018

"Use jolt for request off and availability."

Pros: Easy to request dates off. It has alot of functions like scheduling and switching shift. Easy to add employees.

Cons: Changing availability has been difficult for my team. They will enter information and it will disappear.

• Reviewed on 09/05/2018
Brittany K.
Senior Manager
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2017

"Lighting Strike"

Comments: The staff has been our point of contact and has been very helpful. Jolt has better our daily operations throughout our business. We are brand new to Jolt and our experience with the system has been very succesful.

Pros: I like that we can assign task to employees and see who is doing it and it keeps track of it. I also like that we can create all kids of list, the date dots for our resturant, the schuduling system it gives us a grand total of hours, cost, etc.

Cons: You can't delete list that weren't completed on time. And it's not very clear if someone is already schudule in another area..

• Reviewed on 21/03/2017
Alyssa B.
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2017

"Easy to use, tech support are AMAZING. Love the functionality of it"

Comments: Love all the different types of lists you can do. Schedule templates are really easy to do the schedule quickly

Pros: Once you have learned everything it has to offer it is amazing. Scheduling is a breeze. I love the list aspect to keep my crew on the right track for cleaning/open and closing lists. Customer rep is always available. I love how quickly he gets back to me about questions I have and is so nice and understanding.
I do not have many bad things to say. It was a little difficult to get us to but once I was trained it has been awesome.

• Reviewed on 09/08/2017
Eric J.
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2017

"The app has really helped the efficiency of our restaurant and the customer support is awesome!"

Comments: It has made our restaurant much more efficient.

Pros: How easy it is to work with. Our team loves working with the checklist and earning the points. Setting up checklists is extremely easy. Love the bluetooth thermometer!

Cons: We wish the checklist could be subdivided within the checklists- meaning that if the checklist as a whole only needs to be done once per week, but some of the categories need to be done more than once per week, that can be done within the checklist.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2017
Rachel B.
Marketing Assistant
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2017

"Two thumbs WAY up!"

Comments: Jolt has allowed us to reach a new level of consistency within our restaurant. The system is extremely user friendly and the customer support makes learning it a breeze. Our team is so happy that we decided to get started with Jolt, and we're even more excited to see how it's going to benefit our store!

Pros: user friendly, wide variety of available tools, customer support (that's not software, but y'all do a good job..The support staff deserves a raise ;) )

Cons: The lists don't disappear when you complete them. Makes it confusing.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2017
Keenan R.
Administrator
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2019

"Jolt"

Comments: This software has been a great addition to our business.

Pros: I appreciate that the administrator is able to perform a bulk import for a group of new hires or have the option to add a single new entry.

Cons: I would prefer when selecting between the various tabs the software would perform at a quicker speed.

• Reviewed on 07/11/2019
Duncan C.
Manager Safety Compliance
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2016

"Definitely task management software worth consideration."

Pros: The actual process of building a checklist or form is quite simple. The vendor is very responsive to requests and eager to assist.

Cons: There's nothing negative about the vendor. They are really great to work with. Since I am not using all the features the home screen seems cluttered. Perhaps it's just me getting used to where everything is. A few things that i didn't like have already been corrected by the developers. I only have some minor format issues. The overall product is well thought out.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice