Filter by:

• Overall

About SendPulse

Email marketing platform with additional channels: SMS, web push notifications, WhatsApp and Facebook chatbots.

Learn more about SendPulse

Consultant in
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees

Good but API is hard work

3 5 years ago

Comments: So – I am going to caveat this whole thing with – if you’re not interested in using the API or you are not coming from another service with an existing API integration, this probably won’t apply to you. Summary: 2 different API’s, both awfully designed, both poorly documented, both with completely different authentication methods, credentials etc. however, the application itself is great, so if you’re not using the API, it’s probably fine. Full Review: SendPulse has a functional API, but it feels like it was created by someone that read a REST API book of best practices without really thinking about how people would / should use it. My biggest problem is the way authentication works (on the main API which is for sending your campaigns, managing subscriptions etc.), sure it follows all OAUTH standards, but this means you need to manage identify on your application so you send all the correct tokens etc., it feels very Salesforce, not Slack (if you have used either of these API’s you will know, Slack is easy, Salesforce is really really hard) – another comparison would be that it feels like IBM made this software when you are using the API, not a start-up. If you are coming from something like MailChimp – the MailChimp API is easy, send a request with your API key and whatever you are requesting happens or you get a meaningful response, I have seen many garbage responses from the SendPulse API – you cannot guarantee JSON will come back, sometimes you get HTML, sometimes you get a weird HTML 404 page with some Yahoo copyright notices all over it, it all depends on how mangled your request is – so on top of having to worry about handling identity, you need to handle all sorts of strange responses not just JSON – and therein lies the next problem – DOCUMENTATION: The API documentation is god-damn-awful, and because the API is quite complex and / or obscure in terms of how you request stuff, you often end up with garbage responses and have to trial-and-error how stuff works. SendPulse has created a bunch of libraries to make this easier, and if you want to hang your PHP application by using their library, then go ahead – but if you have some kind of background task manager you will probably have to write your own stuff, which in most cases would not be too hard, but because the documentation is sparse, I really struggled to do even the basic stuff with CURL on the command line – if I was to suggest anything, provide CURL examples like Slack does, at least that way I could reverse engineer the CURL to sort out the lack of actual documentation (again, it’s a problem because the API responds with junk HTML if you get your request wrong so you don’t know what is actually wrong and have to trial-and-error a lot). On top of all of this, if you are planning on using the SMTP send-alone API, you have a completely different authentication process – one that I still have no idea how to make work – this is what the documentation says about how to authenticate: http://i.imgur.com/sVAc3II.png (the original documentation is here, but I think you need to be logged in to view it: https://login.sendpulse.com/manual/smtp-api/) I personally have no idea how to authenticate against this SMTP API. I have not yet asked support about it because they are looking at something else for me that is more important, but I just don’t…….. what….. from the documentation (a required parameter to authenticate, IV): “iv – an initialization vector, encrypted by a public key with an OpenSSL Library usage” – what is this? Why is it never mentioned again? how do I get it? And most importantly, why on earth is it different to the (already convoluted) other OAUTH authentication on the main mail API? Anyway, to wrap this up, I picked up SendPulse because I needed both templated / campaign based email and SMTP / transactional email and I previously had MailChimp, but did not want to pay for Mandrill because my SMTP volumes were super low. SendPulse is fine, but I have wasted more time than the money I would have saved just using Mandril, however if you can get over all of this, the product is actually pretty good which is why I have not left a steamer of a review score, and as I said at the start, if you are not using the API it is great. I just hope they release a new version of the API that focuses on functionality rather than horrible REST standards (although I’m not convinced all of this is standards compliant), which I think have generally been thrown away by the new-wave tech start-ups so people can quickly deliver value.

Pros:

Price Web Interface Email Builder

Cons:

API Can't use Email Builder emails in the SMTP email interface

Kristen C.
Kristen C.
Society Curator in US
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees

Great for businesses just starting out

4 last year

Comments: I really haven't had any negative experiences with SendPulse, other than some minor complaints detailed in the "Cons" section of my review. They've been very helpful and friendly in fixing any issues I've had, and overall I've enjoyed working with this software.

Pros:

I like the fact that it's inexpensive/free to use for most business owners with a small contact list. Most email marketing sites offer a pretty pitiful number of contacts/email campaigns for their free trials, and then hike the price up significantly for those who are in between just starting out and having a huge following. They don't have a lot in the way of ready-made templates, but it's easy enough to customize your own, and their interface is pretty user-friendly.

Cons:

It can take a considerable amount of time between sending an email campaign, and the delivery of said email campaign. I also don't like that, after going through the proper steps to make my newsletters comply with standards, I may still be regarded as spam and not be delivered to the inbox of the person receiving the newsletter.

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to SendPulse: While other sites had better features and template options, their overall costs were far too expensive for a business just starting to build a customer base, and their free trials were incredibly limited.

Shoroq M.
Owner in United Arab Emirates
Education Management, Self Employed

User friendly and easy to use affordable email marketing and management

4 7 months ago

Comments: The automation feature helped automate redundancy in our response to our clients, and it gave a professional outlook when clients contact us that they recieve an automated email no matter at what time of day or night without delay and this shows the professionalism and helps us capture and filter the genuine clients for follow.up and conversion.
The campaign feature also helped us with our campaigns, and love that the system can detect any error emails and give indication of how many opened and clicked and much more gives us good feedback of how our campaign went.
It would be excellent to know if our emails are going to spam box or inbox directly, this would give us some sense of how healthy is our ip /and should we need to change it.

Pros:

The automation feature was a dream for us! It saved us a lot of redundancy and at the same time gathered the right target we needed to market our services. Love that they are recently expanding to landing page and CRM which I am very excited to explore.

Cons:

There are certain features that I wish could be added as it would help tremendously,like knowing any duplicated entries in different contact list. The automation have more control over knowing how is in the loop and to be able to fix it.

Alternatives Considered: Sendinblue and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing SendPulse: The rates and automation flexibility at the time of switching was more rewarding at sendpulse and it gave us what we needed .

Reasons for Switching to SendPulse: The rates and automation flexibility at the time of switching was more rewarding at sendpulse and it gave us what we needed . The customer service was splendid, quick and very helpful.

7 months ago

Thank you for your kind words about our customer support. We are happy to know that email automation is helping your business.

Aliaksandr B.
Marketing Expert in Belarus

Good Tool for Email marketer

5 10 months ago

Comments: It is one of my favourites Email marketing tools. With a lot of good features and great analytics tools. It will be great if SendPulse will be better in cold emailing. So, if you want to start with Email marketing, you know what service to use.

Pros:

Good pricing plans, nice delivery to recipients, web-push, Viber and SMS delivery.

Cons:

For me it is template builder. He is so simple for me. I mean, he looks like for beginners.

Alternatives Considered: Sendinblue

Reasons for Choosing SendPulse: eSputnik is not good in international Email delivery. He is good only for CIS.

Switched From: eSputnik

Reasons for Switching to SendPulse: My Email marketing tools are Mailchimp, Close.io and SendPulse. They are better for me.

Natalia C.
Human Resources Consultant in Ukraine
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees

The service facilitates many tasks

5 3 years ago

Pros:

We use SendPulse for over a year. We chose this particular service, since the price for a subscription is on average 50% lower than that of competitors. At the same time, the functionality of the service is not inferior to them. Mailing automation works fine, the attached files do not disappear.

Cons:

There are no complaints about the work of the service. But we had such a case, when for a month’s subscription, we had twice the amount withdrawn from the card. We wrote to the support service and in a month everything was returned. But why it did not happen to us explained.

César V.
Product Designer in Brazil
Design, Self Employed

Great product for mailing services

4 7 months ago

Comments: Overall the experience was great indeed.

Pros:

I like most the dashboard, the intuitive menus, the option to duplicate campaigns easily.

Cons:

I don't like the subscriptions management. Every single month I have to pay with my credit card. I've tried many times to set up my payment automatically, asked for help with the Sendpulse Team and didn't work out. The payment form has some feedback problems. Some UX fails.

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing SendPulse: The product was old and not intuitive.

Reasons for Switching to SendPulse: Price

Gavin V.
Gavin V.
Co-Owner in Australia
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

Things have come a long way since Mailchimp Days

5 last month New

Pros:

SendPulse puts cutting edge technology in the hands of the small business operator

Cons:

Nothing yet. Seems to be fine for what we need.

Muhammed S.
Digital Marketer in Nigeria

I love Sendpulse

5 6 months ago

Pros:

the simplicity, ease of use, and the opportunity to grow with the platform. I love the way their feature releases are done in a way not to choke me as a user and tutorials to back up my learning.

Cons:

The payment confirmation process for my region.

Recruitment Solutions Consultant / Sales in India

A great marketing automation tool with a ton of features

5 3 years ago

Comments: SendPlus was a great help to our marketing team. We would conduct some of our email and facebook campaigns manually (or rather not completely automated). We save a ton of time by switching.

Pros:

This was the one tool we needed to automate all our marketing communications. From email campaigns to SMS, Facebook and even Viber. We used to use two separate tools for email and facebook campaigns. Their free plan is also great but lacks a couple of features that were critical for business use.

Cons:

The step up from their free to paid plan seems small in terms of the benefits. This was one disappointment when signing but eventually SendPulse was a great addition to our marketing arsenal.

Steven L.
Managing Partner in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees

Good for eNewsletters

4 3 years ago

Comments: Overall, this product is a good tool to deliver newsletter. I don't use this to deliver sales or conversion types of email because it's not reliable enough to trust my sales to.

Pros:

SendPulse is good for assembling newsletters. They have an easy to use, drag-and-drop template builder and a good set of editing options.

Cons:

I don't like that despite enabling dkim and other deliverability features that many of my users either don't receive the newsletter or they go to spam. I have users who might receive it as spam and then a week later get it to their inbox, and a week later not receive it at all. This can get frustrating.

Lou L.
owner in Canada
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Excellent Software

5 7 months ago

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

I am happy that I discovered Send Pulse for sending emails to my customers. I own a small health food store and I used to send emails to my customers through my email server. When the email list grew to over 1000 emails, my server restricted access. Send Pulse is easy to use and effective. I have tried using other email companies but I found Send Pulse to be to easiest to use.

Cons:

I don't have any complaints. It works fine for me.

7 months ago

Thanks for the review, Lou!

Anastasia Z.
UI/UX Designer in Russia
Banking, 1,001-5,000 Employees

The best service for newsletters

5 2 years ago

Pros:

In SendPulse, you can quickly launch an ad campaign. Emails created on this platform rarely get users into spam, if done correctly. In addition to sending e-mails, in SendPulse you can set up sending via SMS. It turns out that the platform solves our two problems at once for the same money.

Cons:

You need to take filters very seriously. If I configure mailing in SendPulse incorrectly, most messages will be sent to spam.

Milthon R.
Milthon R.
CEO in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees

Good software for start ups

4 3 years ago

Comments: good experience, easy to use and great interface

Pros:

It is a good software for those entrepreneurs who are starting in the email marketing business, since you will have a very good experience. It has very good features that will allow you to develop an important part of your business that is email marketing

Cons:

The number of contacts to send for free is very small and there are other applications that allow you to send much more without additional cost

Alvin P.
Owner in Philippines
Retail, 2-10 Employees

My prefer Email Marketing portal to use

4 7 months ago

Pros:

I really like Send Pulse.. Imagine I created an email marketing with ease. Sent it to my client and sold an item because of it. Wow! that was very promising result! Easy to operate and user friendly UI.

Cons:

So far I'm starting yet, my budget is not yet okay with their offerings. But I really like Send Pulse, hope I get it in lower price

7 months ago

Thanks for your review, Alvin!

Mikhael N.
Realtor in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Great Technical Support

5 2 months ago

Comments: Good Product. Great Customer Service. Easy to use. Friendly interface.

Pros:

Easy user interface. Self intuitive and great live technical support

Cons:

pricing and unable to receive text messages responses

Dmitry K.
US
Security & Investigations, 11-50 Employees

Webpush + Email. Here's why we use SendPulse

4 5 years ago

Comments: We started using SendPulse for our software company StaffCop to deliver webpush notifications to get better onboarding. Got incredible 45% CTR and 10% increase in the entire onboarding process. Two months later we decided to switch from MailChimp to SendPulse to create more intelligent email+webpush transactional platform

Pros:

A one platform for email, webpush and text

Cons:

can not recall quickly

Mike S.
Mike S.
Media Strategist in US

Best Software for Push Notifications

5 3 years ago

Pros:

I love using this to capture a push notifications subscription base. Pretty easy to set-up and they have an intuitive campaign builder.

Cons:

Trying to remove the SendPulse branding buy paying for an account (they offer unlimtied free subscribers) but I haven't been able to get the payment to process yet.

Lena S.
US
51-200 Employees

Excellent Support

5 5 years ago

Comments: It was simple to import contacts in to Sendpulse and their integration with other services made it easy for us to keep all our contact sheets updated. When we had questions we did not have to wait for an email response and just called them. That made the process so much faster. Over all very happy with results and their level of support

Pros:

Awesome support.

Roberto W.
Roberto W.
CEO in Jamaica

Sendpulse is a breathe of fresh air for me

5 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Its wide range of features such as the whatsapp chatbot etc

Cons:

The fact that the whatsapp chatbot is not free

René J.
ceo in Germany

perfect

5 6 days ago New

Pros:

it is easy to use. Whatsapp Chatbot is awesome

Cons:

the mobil app for ios. the language is rusian?

Balogun G.
Coach in Nigeria
Sports, 11-50 Employees

Lovely

5 5 months ago

Comments: Excellent

Pros:

Their information services is excellent to everyone.

Cons:

Ease to use for everyone, straight forward information.

Eric M.
Eric M.
Digital Marketing Specialist in US

Good Even Free

4 5 months ago

Comments: Just good, I've used CC and MC before and I really dig SendPulse.

Pros:

The ease of use and the contact management features.

Cons:

I haven't really run into one yet but the limitations on the free account are not impacting business at all.

Paulo B.
Managing Director in Portugal

Great Software. Highly recommended.

5 2 months ago New

Comments: very good

Pros:

An easy-to-use, very intuitive and functional.

Cons:

I really like the software. I haven't explored all the features. However, for my needs it's perfect.

Shashank C.