15 years helping Australian businesses

About Lucidchart

Our online diagramming application makes it easy to map and share your business processes.

Learn more about Lucidchart

Pros:

Being cloud based give lucidchart a leg up on some of the other diagramming programs i've previously used. It integrates easily with confluence which is important for my documentation.

Cons:

The Lucidchart layout feels a bit dated, like something a decade or two behind times. However, being this is the most frustrating thing about the software, I'll take it.

Lucidchart ratings

4.3

8.6/10

Lucidchart has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 2,078 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Lucidchart before?

Filter reviews (2,078)

Business Platform Owner in US
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A dream compared to Visio

Comments: Lucid has been a pleasure to work with, they incorporate the latest features and are constantly improving the product. They also provide excellent support with great resources and excellent training for the products.

Pros:

I like the ease of building flows and drawings. All the tools are readily available and visible and intuitive to work. I especially love the templates and the breadth of areas they cover.

Cons:

It takes users a little bit of time to become proficient with the interface as most are coming from tools like Power Point and are not used to moving the canvas along with moving objects. Once this is overcome the tool is a breeze to use.

Alternatives Considered: Visio

Switched From: Visio

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart: Visio provided more features at a similar or lower price point than licensing Visio Professional

Mohammed Abdul
Strategy Advisor in UK
Government Administration, 10,000+ Employees

Lucidchart your heart out!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Love it! I've gone back to this time and time again and this has never disappointed

Pros:

A fantastic website which allows you to use different functions to create various documents and diagrams. I have created multiple documents such as Strategy alignment chart and it didn't take long at all to do it.

Cons:

This does have a limit of 3 live documents per free user. Increasing will certainly bring more people to use this.

Andy
Director in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Ok diagraming software, would be better with a better UI

3.0 last week New

Pros:

Lucid has a free plan so you can give it a proper test drive, in most cases free 14 day trials arent enough to properly test out a bit of software. Also It integrates with Google Drive.

Cons:

The layout seems to overly complicated I'm quite a visual person so I should have fallen in Love with this software but it seems that doing basic things is more complicated than it needs to be.

Aaditya
Aaditya
Backend Developer in Nepal
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Lucid chart My Experience

Comments: My personal experience was neutral as it fulfilled my use even with the existence of a paywall.

Pros:

The primary thing I loved about lucid chart was the drag and drop as well as the variety of diagram options essential for creating various diagrams during the planning stages before developing a software.

Cons:

The primary con is that if you want to store numerous files it is blocked by a paywall which hampers the experience of certain users.

Lucien
VP of GTM in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Lucidchart is a powerful tool but more for Enterprise

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Lucidchart is a fantastic tool with a lot of power but I would recommend doing an analysis to understand what you really need. If you are an agile business I would say Miro has recently toppled Lucidchart on many fronts.

Pros:

Arguably the most powerful feature in Lucidchart is the library of pre-built templates. As a young startup, often we struggled to conceptualise how best to map out a diagram or build a BPM. The lucidchart library made this much easier to search through the library and choose pre built templates which could be edited to suit our needs. The export to PDF was also important and valuable as we often downloaded charts for reports.

Cons:

Lucidchart is the leader but I feel like tools such as Miro have really taken over int terms of UX/UI. We used to all use Lucidchart but rather quickly, our team switched to Miro and started using that and very quickly this became the norm. Lucid doesn't have a desktop version which is a real blocker for a team in the tool all the time. Lucid also doesn't have a community driven library so all the templates are built in house.

Brandon
Brandon
Sales Specialist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Lucidchart is great for generating visual representations

Comments: Each member of my team can contribute to data visualizations in real time thanks to Lucidchart's built-in collaboration features. As a team, we can create data visualizations like charts and graphs, and everyone can see each other's changes in real time. This facilitates group input, reviews and approvals, as well as detailed explanations.

Pros:

One of the software tools I use at work is Lucidchart. It helps me draw data systems diagrams, which in turn helps me describe, organize, and convey data engineering work to my colleagues.

Cons:

Despite Lucidchart's diagramming templates, I've always felt that they fall short when it comes to most of the charts and data process maps we've created with Lucidchart. And that's how it's always been: many data graphs are completely hand-drawn.

Katlyn
Food Safety Manager in US
Farming, 11–50 Employees

Lucidchart-High Recommend for Business

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: The overall experience with Lucidchart is great! The program itself is very user friendly and I find myself recommending it to other business as well as finding more projects that I can use the program.

Pros:

What I liked most about Lucidchart is it is very user friendly. For an individual like myself that struggles with technology and programs that may seem intimidating, I found Lucidchart very easy to use from the start! I high recommend for small business because the creations with Lucidchart will increase your business productivity when implemented.

Cons:

What I liked the least about Lucidchart was being able to fit my charts on the screen and be able to read the information. With our production flowchart there are quite a few steps and we had to sacrifice font size (which was then difficult to read) in order for our chart to flow the way it should on one piece of paper.

Ashley
Office Manager in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Great for use of flowcharts

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Very user friendly! I've never been great with flowcharts in Microsoft Office, but LucidChart made things so simple. I love that changing colors and copying boxes is easy when it comes to org charts.

Cons:

There's really nothing to like "least, but if I had to, occasionally, my boxes don't copy over correctly (that could be user error)

Rahul
Rahul
Consultant in India
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Innovative Product !

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Powerful diagramming tool with good integration.

Pros:

Very easy to use product. Adoption and learning it was very easy and smooth. Very useful and it comes with various good features such as drag and drop. And interface is very simple and easy to use. Integration is also good.

Cons:

No major dislike. No desktop application is there.

Sarojben
Caregiver in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Lucidchart Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

What I like most is its ability for users to visualize difficult ideas / situations in a simpler way.

Cons:

What I like least about Lucidchart is the price we have to pay in order to get advanced features. The high tier plans come with user minimum requirements.

Publishing, 11–50 Employees

Makes Process Mapping Fun

Comments: It's been a great tool for our team over the years to help colleagues put their ideas and processes into visual form.

Pros:

Lucidchart has some incredible functionality that makes it easy to not only prepare a great flowchart to go into documentation but also to layer in relevant information based on the party that needs to see it as well as allowing the user to present the materials easily to a group of people or to share the work with others.

Cons:

At present there aren't many complaints. Minor issues with formatting shapes often come up, but that's primarily when I want to treat Lucidchart like a design tool such as InDesign rather than using it for creating process maps and doing other diagramming work that doesn't need the level of detail that ID or Photoshop provide.

Alternatives Considered: Visio

Switched From: Visio

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart: Both were offered through our organization on a trial basis for a year. Our project manager came to work for us a Visio user but after using Lucidchart (reluctantly at first) he quickly realized the benefits of switching to Lucidchart.

Oğuz
Game Designer in Sri Lanka
Computer Games, 2–10 Employees

Lucidchart: A Comprehensive Diagramming Tool for All Your Needs

Comments: Overall, Lucidchart is a great diagramming tool that makes creating visuals and diagrams fast and easy. Whether you're a professional or a novice user, Lucidchart provides the features that you need in order to create effective visuals.

Pros:

Lucidchart is an intuitive and easy to use diagramming tool that makes creating diagrams and visuals effortless. The user interface is clean and user-friendly and the range of shapes and symbols is truly impressive. Additionally, the integration with other applications makes it a great choice for any team.

Cons:

Unfortunately, Lucidchart can be slow at times and when dealing with large projects, it can be difficult to keep track of the changes that have been made. Additionally, the subscription service can be pricey for some users.

Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Easy to use charting software with a wide range of advanced features

Comments: I was able to create flowcharts for marketing processes and export them to PDF for sharing with my client with a minimum of fuss. The outlay is small compared to a fully-fledged application like Microsoft Visio, even though it seems to have a similarly large feature set.

Pros:

It was very easy to get up and running with Lucidchart - the enormous collection of starter templates meant that I was able to find a similar chart to the one I needed to create and get the right objects loaded up straight away. The interface is very similar to a desktop application, despite the fact that it's running in a browser - it even has keyboard shortcuts. There are tons of features and integrations that I never even got around to using, as my charting requirements were quite simple.

Cons:

The sheer range of features available in the software was a little daunting at first. A simpler interface for people who only need a subset of features might be a helpful addition.

Alternatives Considered: SmartDraw

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart: I didn't want to invest in a new licence of Visio, and found that Lucidchart had all the features I needed for a much smaller financial commitment.

Switched From: Visio

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart: The lower cost was the initial reason, but after using Lucidchart for a while, I believe it offers a better user experience.

Isaac
Data Analyst in Ecuador
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Quick and easy diagrams for more efficient work thanks to LucidChart

Comments: Even though I didn't work with this tool very long, I liked the ease with which I can create diagrams and share them with other members of my IT software management team. As well as the ability to collaborate in real time with them and the built in templates and shapes which were very helpful and saved us a lot of time creating diagrams. In summary, I think LucidChart is a valuable tool for any IT team that needs to create and share diagrams quickly and efficiently, and I would use it again without hesitation.

Pros:

Throughout the time that I have worked with this tool, I must emphasize that it is an intuitive and easy-to-use tool, it gives you the facility to create an infinite number of diagrams in a matter of minutes. However, what I liked the most about working with this tool was the ease with which I was able to integrate it with other tools that I used while making diagrams in it, such as: GoogleDrive and Slack.

Cons:

The only negative point that I must highlight about this tool is that it has certain functions that some new users (like me when I started) are not completely clear about and the possibility of taking full advantage of this tool may be lost.

Alternatives Considered: OrthoChart

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart: I simply used this tool above all other options out there, because it's a tool I still use in college when it comes to Data Analysis and working with databases in general. So using it is already something that is very easy for me and meets the requirements I need.

Muhammad
Chief Internal Auditor in Pakistan
Financial Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Diagramming is easy on Lucidchart

Comments: Lucidchart is web-based, intuitive, intelligent, reliable software for making diagrams, flowcharts, organization charts, gantt charts, mind maps; also allows to linking data to shapes. Lucidchart works on any environment whether windows, mac, or linux even it may be used online. It allow collaboration, import data or diagram, export diagram; it has rich library of shapes.

Pros:

Lucidchart is web-based therefore work can be done or accessed from anywhere, it is easy to use. Importing and exporting data and diagram is simple. It has vast library of shapes and templates, it allows to modify template according to your requirements. Arrows can be easily used, it provides option to jump arrows, layers may be used for better diagramming.

Cons:

While working in a browser, you can only create charts; web application cannot work offline. Some templates are not easy to use but tricky and need time to understand. It provides insufficient icons and not allow to search icons externally, icon cannot be resized as well. You cannot arrange the layer as a whole.

Andrea
Director, Classified Personnel in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent Option for Flow Charting

Comments: Lucidchart is my new favorite software for process mapping/diagraming. In the past, I have used another well known software that is basically an industry standard for process improvement so I wasn't sure if this would meet my needs in terms of mapping out our processes but it has far exceeded my expectations.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to create flow charts, workflows, and diagrams in various formats. There are other software out there that accomplish this function but Lucidchart is really cost effective for educational institutions and meet the need very well.

Cons:

It took a little bit to understand how to work the tools and formatting but once you get the hang of it, the software is pretty easy to use. It would be awesome to have some sort of training manual to refer to help those new to process mapping understand the various symbols but considering how cost effective it is, that's really a non-issue.

Alternatives Considered: iGrafx

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart: Used in my previous organization and was looking for a more cost-effective solution.

Switched From: iGrafx

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart: Cost effectiveness.

Daniel
Strategic Partnerships Manager in Australia
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Lucidchart: The Best Diagramming Software

Comments: Overall, Lucidchart is an excellent diagramming software and offers impressive features at a very reasonable price. For its ease of use, sharp look, and great value, I would wholeheartedly recommend Lucidchart to anyone who needs to create a diagram.

Pros:

Lucidchart is definitely one of the best diagramming software out there and it is very beginner friendly. This is shown in the fact that 99% of the Fortune 500 companies use LucidChart. There are countless templates to choose from that look professional and clean. The web app is incredibly responsive and smooth to use, which can be experienced when resizing and moving elements on a canvas. The user experience is really good all around and the user interface is straightforward and intuitive. There are also mobile apps available which is useful to have. Not only this but Lucidchart also has great collaboration features that allow users to work together on a diagram in real time. Moreover, Lucidchart has many keyboard shortcuts to make work a lot more efficient and fast. They are quite conventional among diagramming software so it took me very little time to learn. There is also a layering feature in Lucidchart which intuitively allows you to create diagrams within diagrams. In diagrams, there are also smart diagrams which keep your diagram clean and tidy.

Cons:

Lucidchart does not have any desktop apps which may be a disadvantage but the web app can be used offline and is as fast as any desktop app. Also the customer support is not great as other competition and there is no easy way to contact the support.

Senior Engineer in Kenya
Computer Hardware, 51–200 Employees

Agrxis Review on Lucidchart

Comments: My overall experience with Lucidchart has been excellent. I now work with my team and generate diagrams in a completely new style as a result. Designing diagrams, flowcharts, and mind maps with a polished appearance is surprisingly simple because to the user-friendly interface and wide selection of shapes and icons. It has been a game-changer for me to be able to collaborate in real-time with clients and coworkers, even when we are separated by distance. My productivity has been further increased by the integration with other well-known programs like Google Drive and Microsoft Office. My work has benefited greatly from Lucidchart's ability to share and export diagrams in a variety of formats. The customer service staff has also been outstanding, swiftly resolving any queries or problems I had.

Pros:

I am absolutely thrilled with Lucidchart and all that it has to offer. As someone who values visual communication and effective collaboration, Lucidchart has become an indispensable tool in my professional toolkit. What I love most about Lucidchart is its intuitive and user-friendly interface. Creating diagrams, flowcharts, and mind maps has never been easier. The drag-and-drop functionality allows me to effortlessly design and organize my ideas, resulting in visually appealing and easy-to-understand visuals. The collaboration features of Lucidchart are also top-notch. I can invite team members to collaborate in real-time, making it seamless to work together, share feedback, and iterate on our diagrams. Moreover, Lucidchart integrates smoothly with other popular productivity tools, enabling me to embed my diagrams in documents, presentations, and even websites. The extensive library of templates and shapes provided by Lucidchart saves me valuable time and inspires creativity, allowing me to create professional-looking diagrams in no time. The customer support offered by Lucidchart is exceptional, always ready to assist and provide timely solutions to any queries or issues. Overall, Lucidchart has revolutionized the way I communicate complex ideas and collaborate with my team. It is a game-changer in visualizing concepts and fostering effective teamwork. I highly recommend Lucidchart to anyone looking for a powerful and user-friendly diagramming tool.

Cons:

Despite the fact that I had a great time using Lucidchart for my diagramming and visual communication needs, there were a few areas where I felt it might be improved. The restricted number of templates offered in the free version was one aspect that stuck out. Despite the fact that the given templates were of a good caliber, I hoped there were more options available, particularly for particular industries or use cases.

Sunitha
Sunitha
NATIONAL SCHOOL FEEDING PROGRAM FACILITATOR in France
Program Development, 201–500 Employees

Excellent Tool

Comments: Overall, Lucidchart is an excellent tool that helps me quickly organize and share my ideas.

Pros:

It's easy to use and provides a variety of templates that make it easy to get started quickly. I also like that I can collaborate with others in real time, so I can get feedback on my ideas quickly. The ability to export images and documents in various formats is great too, as it allows me to integrate the visuals into other projects.

Cons:

Although I am not satisfied with Lucidchart's limited color choices, lack of certain shapes and templates, and its slow loading times, I still believe it is a great tool for making visual depictions of concepts.

Bruno
Bruno
Impact Messurement in Argentina
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

How to easily create huge diagrams

Comments: Since I am using Lucidchart I have used it for many tasks, but specially for flow diagrams. I love all the shapes that have, which make easy to understand the diagram because each has a meaning. I've created huge diagrams that I wouldn't be able to create them without Lucidchat because they were so big that it was impossible to read the content of the diagram, but Lucidchat allows sharing it with just a link and to explore all the diagram with the zoom tool.On the whole, I had a good experience using this software, it's simple but useful; you can create really simple diagrams or create big ones without high complexity. Personally, I would strongly recommend it.

Pros:

This software is simple to use, it has a similar interface to other well known software products of the Office package. This is an advantage because everyone can learn how to use it in a few minutes. It offers numerous shapes, arrows, and text. This great variety is extremely useful to design the diagrams because it makes easy to read them and to structure them. It's easy to paste each shape and connect each one with arrows, then you can also add colour to each shape. Diagrams are also dynamic, if shapes are connected in the right way, when one shape is moved, Lucidchart will find the way to keep it connected, by modifying the arrows position and shape.

Cons:

Lucidchart has not many cons, the main one is that the free version of the product has some limitations related to the size of the diagram and the way you can export it or share it. Without the premium version, making vast diagrams is not so easy because you are limited to a maximum number of shapes in each diagram, and you can't have more than 3 documents simultaneously.

Prudencia
Prudencia
Technician in Energy and Thermal Engineering in France
Research, 51–200 Employees

Very Helpful

Pros:

I find Lucidchart to be the most advantageous because of its effortless and simple to use interface. It helps me generate proficient diagrams in a short amount of time and the templates and examples make it easier for me to initiate the process. Moreover, its capacity for real-time collaboration with a team is a time and energy saver, making it an optimal tool for mapping and arranging data.

Cons:

I don't have many qualms with Lucidchart; however, it can be time-consuming to relocate the arrows and lines. For me, it is more efficient to erase the lines and arrows before adjusting the boxes and then putting them back.

Lukas
Senior Full Stack Engineer in US
Automotive, 501–1,000 Employees

A must have for technical leaders

Comments: It has made so many things easier in terms of visual understanding. If you're a visual learner it's a godsend. Whether I'm tooling on my own project on my own, and it helps me understand a flow I want to implement, or I need to communicate a complex project proposal to a larger audience, LucidChart is where it's at!

Pros:

I like how easily you can duplicate diagrams with ctrl+D and connect shapes and label everything. Luid also makes it really easy to color code everything and you can copy styles on to different shapes. Also, they make visualizing data in a distributed system really streamlined with their ERD import tool that let's you import data from a SQL database(we use PostgreSQL) and automatically generate ERD diagrams for your whole team to use!!!

Cons:

In LucidSpark, they have a really cool JIRA integration where you can visualize JIRA tickets and their statuses are automatically updated. I wish that LucidChart had that too. Otherwise, everything is great!!

Elvis
Registry Officer in Kenya
Capital Markets, 11–50 Employees

Lucidchart diagrams are the secret to visualizing work process.

Comments: We have achieved a new and more beneficial work strategy with Lucidchart where we create flowcharts and diagrams to have virtual representation of our work project and processes. This gives us accurate oversight on the work that we are supposed to do and this allows to focus on the work.

Pros:

Lucidchart helped us come to an understanding that better work results are relevant if you have a clear visuals of the work. It offers quality diagraming tools like flowcharts which makes it easy to have typical representation on the entire work process from start to completion. With Lucidchart, we are able to understand what work is needed of us and this helps us keep focus on what we are doing. Plus there us no manual drawing of flowcharts as we can use the AI tools to the work for us.

Cons:

Our great times with Lucidchart has always lasted since the start and we have not seen and flaws about it.

Management Consulting, Self Employed

Great Product for planning, brain mapping and workflows

Comments: I chose this one due to price and what it did as a self employed consultant. It is perfect for this as it has a good number of features for a monthly price that is affordable.

Pros:

I particularly like the web urls that you can embed in other pages that update easily

Cons:

This is a mid level product at an entry level price so it's not as sophisticated as other products but the price makes up for that.

Alternatives Considered: Miro

Reasons for Choosing Lucidchart: Price point and function

Switched From: Strategic Roadmaps

Reasons for Switching to Lucidchart: Cost point

Director & Research Professor in US
Higher Education, 10,000+ Employees

Great functionality - just wish you could share a single link for non-Lucid users to access.

Comments: We’ve had a subscription for ~3 years. We’re happy with the functionality. Given that we do a lot of work with external collaborators, the process of asking a collaborator to create an account, log-in, etc. just to view a Lucidchart with us is tiresome. Lucid’s other (very similar) software, Lucidspark has this feature. Please bring it over.

Pros:

User interface and functionality are amazing for a web app. It honestly feels like you are using OmniChart, OmniGraffle, or other traditional computer app. It’s hard to believe Lucid is operating wholly in a web browser.

Cons:

The inability to create a shared link for a non-Lucid user to access is really bothersome. This functionality is present in Lucidspark - the “brainstorming” companion to Lucidchart. But not in the latter. I’ve recommended adding this feature to Lucidchart. It feels like a no-brainer.Also, it’s not inexpensive. Would love to see the cost lowered so that I could afford to purchase licenses for some of my external collaborators.