Outstanding Platform

Jonathan H.
Energy Engineer
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I use Entronix EMP on a daily bases to analyze the performance of campus buildings. This platform has a large selection of graphical representations which is great for analyzing data!

Pros: Attention to detail, ease of use, and customer service

Cons: Honestly, I enjoy all the features this software has to offer!

State of the Art Energy Management Platform

Reviewed on 10/01/2017
Justin C.
Mechanical Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My former company was a medical center composed of approximately 5 million square feet that included a hospital, research buildings, and higher education. We were able to employ the Entronix energy management platform quickly, efficiently, and economically. Using the Entronix energy management platform we were able to monitor energy consumption and retrieve past data painlessly. In the past, all of this information was on the building automation system which was very time consuming to find, collect, and present. Also, we ran into issues with lost data with the building automation system. Even though Entronix was located more than 400 miles away, we received excellent customer service. I reviewed the current state of the art with regard to energy management platforms and after reviewing more than 20 companies (trade shows, online searching, word of mouth, presentations, interviews, etc.), I found that Entronix was the leader in their field and way ahead of the rest of the game. Their ability to be flexible and to adapt and develop quickly allowed Entronix to accomplish everything we needed for our large campus.

Pros: Ease and quickness to get pertinent information

Cons: For the energy sector, I wish it was used more often than the traditional building automation systems to monitor energy information (consumption, demand, etc.)

I am a huge fan of this company and the depth of understanding they are able to achieve.

Reviewed on 09/05/2017
Robert H.
Engineer
Customer Support

Pros: Entronix provides us with an in depth look into the operations of our building, Pennzoil Place, a 1.8 million sq. ft. Class A+ commercial property completed in 1976 that allows us to outpace or competition in energy conservation, operational insight, and troubleshooting. It should be said that this is a platform, not just software. Entronix provides the hardware and the software to deliver complete solutions. Custom crafted hardware operations controllers are a closely guarded bit of neuromancy that Entronix has mastered.

Good customer service

Reviewed on 08/05/2017
Milton P.
Program Coordinator
Customer Support

Pros: I can check individual buildings consumption, also a
Group of buildings. It's also very user friendly.

Cons: Sometimes the meters and nodes loose their communication. You have to physically reset them. It doesn't happen often, but it happens.

Analytics made simple!

Reviewed on 27/01/2017
Roger V.
PSS
Information Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have been an Entronix customer since they first went into business and my experience with them is nothing short of fantastic. I first utilized them to analyze and view my buildings large electrical consumption. With the custom dashboards I was able to identify trends and tests cost savings strategies in realtime which led to dramatic reductions in costs. Entronix background in facilities, controls and strategies help make this all possible because put quite simply "they understand the business from an owner/operators point of view". Unlike many competitors in this business, they understand that a canned product is not always a fit for all so they willingness to listen and help create custom features absolutely separates them from the rest. I look forward to our next success with Entronix.

Pros: Ease of use and customizable features coupled with their lower entry cost make them a no-brainer in my opinion.

Cons: If I had to say something here it would be to simplify the navigation between features,

Energy Monitoring

Reviewed on 11/01/2017
Mark S.
Senior Engineer
Public Safety, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I started small with two electric power meters on a use of about 300KW. I am working on adding at least 4 more meters to the Entronix node in this building. They will be recording chill and hydronic hot water BTUs as well as hot and cold domestic water use. This will be followed by several (4+) more buildings with higher uses. Entronix has a good system for collecting energy data. My initial install was fairly easy to do. Being a government organization, it is always tough to implement processes such as this. Entronix has been a great help in doing this.

Pros: Does what I need.

Cons: Not much. At first, it was the only source of which I was aware. The others I have now found seem to be either less capable or more expensive, not necessarily in initial costs, but life cycle cost wise.

Excellent software! We utilize on a 4.2 million GSF university campus.

Reviewed on 17/06/2017
David H.
Asst. Vice Chancellor for Facilities Management
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Profiling and monitoring the energy performance of our campus, plus using as a tool to validate and verify energy conservation projects.

Pros: Speed and reliability of data. Since web/cloud based, I can access from any web capable device from anywhere in the world, with no compromise of service. Entronix staff is very open and responsive to the customer request for special request and features. Impeccable customer support! VERY easy to use and navigate, which provides an incentive to access regularly, no discouragement of "learning curve" or relearning.

Cons: Although capable of interfacing with other software platforms, it will take moderate to major expense from the 3rd parties to integrate. That's not necessarily a fault of Entronix, just the reality of software integration.

Energy management goals

Reviewed on 25/01/2017
Brian B.
Operations and maintenance
Facilities Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Thank you for assisting us reach our energy management goals produced by Entronix they really are excellent! Energy management programs produced by an independent third party such as Entronix provide a professional and unbiased standard that the industry relies on for making critical decisions. In addition, their software is easy to use and is updated regularly. Thank you once again for your contribution to the industry.

Pros: Ease of use, Graphics are excellent.

Cons: There are not any to speak of.

Ability to report at the granular level!

Reviewed on 03/04/2019
Logan S.
Construction, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Primarily fault detection with our clients. Results have been increased life cycles within mechanical systems and maximum operational efficiencies.

Pros: Many softwares offer fault detection, however I challenge anyone to find one with the ability to pinpoint occurrences with this level of TRUE reporting detail. Very impressive!

Cons: Software works as intended. Entronix, invests heavily in continued R&D. Staff is friendly and responsive. We haven’t experienced any negatives at this time.

Very flexible platform. Easy to use.

Reviewed on 03/04/2019
Peter B.
Business Development Manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Staff are always very helpful. Great technical support and good technical communication. There technical support is easy and helpful to work with.

Pros: The Entronix platform has enabled us to integrate may different versions of meters and equipment under the one platform. This has enabled us to use different manufacturers of equipment from an Eaton UPS to a Shark 200 Data Logging meter and have the data available under the one user friendly platform. A very unique product.

Cons: Difficult to find any negatives. There have been problems as any integrator would know when you mix different formats of data into one platform. However working with the Entronix technical support, so far all of the problems have been solved.

Witnessed an application of the Entronix platform in an EMS/Fault Detection solution.

Reviewed on 27/02/2018
Principal
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I was a part of the greater building solution project and worked with Entronix, so I do not benefit, they were just fun to work with and good people.

Pros: Very intuitive to operate and included multiple views designed for who may be looking at it, between an engineer, CFO, or administrator. The platform can integrate into an existing EMS, which it did in this case, or function as the EMS, OR can work around an existing EMS in tandem. The manufacturer of the HVAC units on this project said nobody could get into their units but them or the warranty was void and would not cooperate(!) Entronix used audio sensors in this project instead of their usual application and was able to assign fault characteristics over time to anomalies, very versatile work from this group, they did the software design and the installation of their equipment. The system is paid for monthly with a smaller project cost, the customer thought that it was very affordable.

Cons: I like that if they do not have a solution for a customer they will evaluate the problem and determine if it is worth developing for, but that is an obvious thing to me. Every big company should be able to do this but won't take the time to unless it's a very expensive (profitable) problem, and then you can't get the right person or a straight answer.

Very responsive to our needs.

Reviewed on 21/08/2017
Glen L.
Assistant Engineering Manager
Customer Support

Pros: Web based program that can be customized to suit our needs. All information is stored in the cloud and can be accessed at anytime.

Cons: For our needs, we had to conduct a building electrical outage to install the CT's for the power meter.

Entronix software makes my job much easier. The software is very intuitive.

Greg H.
Managing Member
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: very easy to use. I am very impressed with the simplicity of the software and how it makes my job easier. The graphics are very easy to use. The customer service is very good as well.

Cons: The only thing i can say is that the software system covers many different types of building operations and that I need more education on how to use the different modules.

Entronix listen to our needs and provided valuable solutions. Customer service has been superb.

Reviewed on 13/06/2017
Travis C.
Principal
Construction, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Working with Entonix gives you direct access to industry leaders. They have a diverse background with much experience. Proven ability to customize software/programming to fit specific client needs. The multiple views and exporting features makes reporting very easy. The software can go into comprehensive detail or quick dashboard viewing.

Cons: As with any software platform, it took time to learn site navigation. After working with it for a week or so became proficient at changing views, exporting data and adjusting certain settings.

Product provides M&V tailored to my needs. Easy to use and high-end reporting. Very useful tools.

Reviewed on 12/06/2017
Bhavin P.
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Energy related programs, demand response and energy efficiency M&V

Pros: You can develope your own reporting, easy to use, multiple layers of measurement reporting, can be easily adapted for specific needs

From sales, customer service, and installation everything is done first class.

Reviewed on 04/10/2017
Dustin Y.
Customer Support

Pros: What I like most about the software is the ease of use and ability to track just about anything we need. I also love that it is cloud-based so everything is backed up.

Easy to use software program

Reviewed on 23/10/2017
Ted M.
Engineering Manager
Customer Support

Pros: Easy to use and easily identifies anomolies.
The Entronix team responds very quickly and can customize views remotely.

Entronix EMP is secure link cloud link to your EMS real-time data

Louis S.
Facilities Maintenance and Energy Projects Manager
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Identification of potential energy saving opportunities. In addition, I now have a better vehicle to help me determine ware to spend my deferred maintenance dollars for the biggest bang.
I am still searching, but they have made every modification I have asked for and more so presently I don't have anything to put in the Cons category!

Pros: Customization reports via a secured web gateway!!! Great for gathering real-time user data for Budgeting, PM Development, KPIs and Fault Detection. Can also be used for tenant revenue billing.

Great Software.

Reviewed on 10/01/2017
Nate A.
COO
Nanotechnology, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Innovative, high value, blows away the competition. Fanatical support. Worth your time & energy to engage.

Pros: Ease of use, accuracy, and completeness. Exceeds other industry offerings and offers valuable insight into powers usage and demand.

Great customization

Reviewed on 01/09/2017
Elijah G.
Facility Manager
Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Energy savings through equipment optimization. Additionally, I can monitor my equipment's likelihood of failure--measuring harmonics.
Service is great with fantastic response time. I recommend Entronix to all building, facility or property managers.

Pros: What is amazing is their ability to customize solutions specific to your equipment. This is important when you have equipment from different suppliers on several different platforms.

I like the software's adaptability. The Entronix team is always Johnny on the spot!

Reviewed on 30/10/2017
David T.
Assistant Engineering Manager
Customer Support

Pros: I like that we can customize the software to meet our constantly changing needs. Ray and his team are always welcoming new ideas and happy to make changes for us on the fly.

Worked with the Entronix team to develop a cost savings software for use in LED lighting projects

Reviewed on 26/05/2017
Ryan D.
Partner
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The ability to customize it to my needs. I worked with the team and they added the features I needed in 1 work week, which allowed me to make the sale to my customer.

Excellent tech, and top shelf customer service.

Reviewed on 21/07/2017
Jason C.
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Tremendous capacity for complex or simple applications. Multi-tenant and multi-building independent metering options.

Cons: Didn't hear about them sooner. Spent a lot more money elsewhere, and never got our system set up correcty after 6 months of trying. Entronix got the whole project customized and completed in under 30 days.

positive

Alex S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: reliable, intuitive, easy to use, great functionality, best fault detection on the market, very interesting frequency deviation detection (new fantastic feature) recommend all engineers with mechanical equipment to look into this for preventive maintenance

I've worked with several Energy Management platforns, and Entronix is, so far, the best.

Reviewed on 15/09/2017
Carlos S.
Customer Support

Pros: Flexibility, Customer Support,utility of preconfigured reports, easy and fast to use and you can really save time.

Cons: Althought we know they are working to solve it, the platform is not mutilanguage.