Get Connected Reviews

by Galaxy Digital

Filter by:

• Overall

About Get Connected

Promote volunteer opportunities, register volunteers, track their hours, communicate and report on their activities.

Learn more about Get Connected

Stacy O.
Volunteer Services Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2021

"Recruit and coordinate help you need quickly"

Comments: While the set up and implementation was really hard for me, the company took my feedback and has created a more hands-on implementation process for new users (which is awesome). The training required on the front end is a time investment and can be a little intimidating for some, and some of our volunteers who aren't comfortable with computers struggled a little. That being said, with some training materials built and after getting comfortable using different features, the platform does make recruitment and tracking so much easier. There are so many useful tools that have made the past year of trying to respond to a pandemic MUCH, much more successful than if we were using the tools we had before (meaning, manually responding to inquiries). We have a really large volunteer program (upwards of 9,000 volunteers coming through the program in a year), and this system has made it much easier to communicate important information quickly and mobilize help when it's needed LIGHTNING FAST. I think that the investment in time/training up front is worth it, though I would plan to set resources and staff time aside to really devote to getting comfortable using the platform (so you can then devote time/resources to making sure your volunteers are supported in using it).

Pros: We were able to recruit people VERY quickly to get the right amount of people to help in really dire situations throughout the last year. Some features we like: Scheduling features, qualifications, eBlasts, shifts, check-in/kiosk, automatic notifications, customization and look/feel of website, customer service that helps with brainstorming/finding solutions, the company's responsiveness/adaptability to feedback, Teams/group volunteering featuers, and features for grouping together volunteer opportunities (making it easier to run dynamic reporting, share certain types of opportunities with new volunteers, etc)

Cons: Not user friendly for older users/non-tech friendly folks; some features that we sought out DO exist, but not necessarily in the way we needed them to work; some reporting/filters seem counter-intuitive to working with the population system was built for (ex: very difficult to narrow down active, current volunteers based on how recently they "worked" or submitted hours); does require a LOT of training for both staff and volunteers

• Reviewed on 24/03/2021
Cindy H.
Data and Program Support Specialist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2021

"Effective at allowing us to vet volunteers"

Comments: Get Connected allows us to vet volunteers before they serve on campus. We use the qualifications feature to determine who is allowed to serve on campus. We also use User Groups to assign private opportunities to certain volunteer categories.

Pros: I like the qualifications that allow us to vet volunteers before they serve in areas of our organization. I also like the User Group Feature and how it allows us to categorize volunteers and assign certain opportunities to them.

Cons: I do not believe the software is user-friendly or intuitive. I often have to ask many questions because some things are not clear at first glance.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2021
Leola D.
Director of Equity and Resource Development
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2021

"Get Connected Saves the Day for our United Way"

Pros: We love how easy this software is to use - for our organization and for our volunteers. Ease of navigation is huge when you are working with a population that includes people who may not be particularly tech savvy.

Cons: I wish that the ReDi disaster response module were available for free. Of course. :) We are a small, but mighty nonprofit, looking to manage our disaster response efforts through Get Connected. At this time, we are unable to afford it. But! The team at Galaxy Digital and the Get Connected support staff worked with us to find a solution that works for us within the Get Connected platform.

by Galaxy Digital on 17/08/2021

Leola,

Thank you for your review here! We're so glad to hear that Get Connected has saved the day for your United Way!

As always, our Customer Experience team is here to support you! Reach out with any needs or questions and look forward to seeing you at upcoming training events!

• Reviewed on 12/07/2021
Sarah T.
Director, Corporate Engagement
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2018

"Get Connected is hands down AWESOME!"

Pros: The software is user friendly, looks amazing on any device, and is incredibly versatile whether you are a macro level organization coordinating your catchment area's volunteer center, a single nonprofit looking to ramp up their volunteer engagement, or an individual searching for volunteer opportunities. Additionally, the support team is one of the best I've ever worked with. Huge props to the crew at Galaxy Digital for working with us whenever we need assistance or help brainstorming!

Cons: There's really nothing to complain about in terms of the software - we made a giant leap forward when we decided to move to Get Connected/Galaxy Digital and couldn't be happier!

by Galaxy Digital on 03/08/2021

Sarah, Thank you so much for your review! Our mission is to support programs just like yours make that leap forward with easy to use software solutions. Our Customer Experience team is always here to assist. Thanks for being a part of the Get Connected community!

Michele E.
Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2018

"As a volunteer center, we are pleased with the ease of use and the look of GC for our users."

Comments: It is our main tool to connect volunteers across seven counties in Southern New Jersey.

Pros: The easy to use functionality. And that we can connected with other volunteer centers who are on the same platform.

Cons: We are connected to another Volunteer Center but we cannot filter out our own agencies and needs. Users on in our local area cannot easily filter out the other Volunteer Center Agencies and needs.

Michele,

Thank you so much for your review here! We're grateful you're a part of the Get Connected community and that your program is able to reach so many and make an impact in your community. Please feel free to contact Customer Experience any time and we can support you in the filter needs you mentioned.

Lee anne R.
Volunteer Center Coordinator and Database Speciali
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2018

"Great customer service!"

Pros: Whenever I run into a snag, customer service is friendly and prompt and takes care of my issue immediately.

Cons: Maneuverability is an issue. It could be a bit more straight forward in some of the more complicated features, or provide detailed instructions.

by Galaxy Digital on 04/08/2021

Lee Anne,

Thank you so much for your review of Get Connected! We're grateful you and your organization are pleased with our customer service and our product. We're always here to support when needed!

• Reviewed on 05/07/2018
Amanda B.
Campaign/ Volunteer Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2018

"The staff has all been very supportive with everything we have gone through with working with Miami."

Comments: We focus on volunteering at United Way.

Pros: I like how all volunteer opportunities are in one spot, it makes it easier for me and the potential people to use the site.

Cons: I wish we were able to delete certain information ourselves. I needed to ask someone to delete the fake company made in the walkthrough. I wish there was a way to do that myself in case I accidentally approve something I didn't need too.

Amanda,

Thanks so much for your review here! We're glad you're a part of the Get Connected community. As always, our Customer Experience team is available to assist with any support needs that may arise. Check back for continued support and training on new enhancements!

Dominique H.
Community Outreach Director
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2017

"Since using Get Connected, we've doubled sign ups and participation for our Stuff the Bus event."

Pros: This software is very user-friendly. It was easy to set up and collaborate with partners to get on board with creating accounts and sharing volunteer opportunities. I also liked how customizable the software is and the ability it has to fit our needs.

Cons: I will occasionally hear from some volunteers that they find it a little time consuming to sign up and create an account. We also communicate with all volunteers who have a hard time navigating the system to connect with the help forum or to reach out to us with any issues. Galaxy Digital also repsonds prompetly and fixes any issues we may stuble upon.

Dominique,

Thank you so much for your review and insight here. We're overjoyed you've seen an increase by "doubling" your events participation! We're always here with our Customer Experience team to support with questions that arise. Thanks for being a part of the Get Connected community!

• Reviewed on 31/07/2017
Cory H.
Art Director
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2016

"I manage the site for United Way of St. Joseph County"

Comments: I really like the software and overall it's very intuitive and easy to use. There have been a few things that I've had to use "work-around" solutions to achieve, but the customer service team has been very helpful in providing assistance to help me do so!

Hi, Cory!

Thank you for your insight and feedback. We're always here innovating for our clients, check back in with the Customer Experience training center, as we may have created new enhancements that will support your mission with greater ease!

• Reviewed on 21/04/2016
Shelly K.
  • Reviewed on 04/01/2017

"Get Connected Review"

Comments: I just started with my company a couple of months prior to the upgrade so for me it was a little overwhelming. I had just started learning the old system when the new one was put into action. I have to admit it was quite intimidating. With the help of some of the ladies from your customer care department, it has gotten a lot easier for me. I am still learning everyday and I hope to one day know the system in and out.

• Reviewed on 04/01/2017
Anne O.
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2016

"The system is fantastic. Our users (volunteers) increased 150% since switching to GalaxyDigital."

Comments: Fantastic customer service and support. Rollover from our old system was painless. Seeing increased referrals and positive feedback from partner agencies. Only big complaint is it would be helpful if we could list advanced events on the calendar instead of the individual needs and if we could enter needs by shift instead of each shift individually. Looking forward to continued working with this system.

Lori V.

"Wonderful Experience!"

Comments: The customer service is fast and very helpful. Users are very impressed with how easy it is to use the website, and how great everything looks. Overall it is a wonderful tool for our community!

by Galaxy Digital on 02/08/2021

Lori,

Thank you so much, we aim to always take care of our Get Connected users through fast and effective customer service and love hearing that the software is supporting your mission!

Erin M.
Director of Community Impact

"Love Get Connected!"

Comments: We started working with Galaxy Digital in May of 2013, and we have had some amazing feedback from our partners and community volunteers. The software is easy to use, and the admin site is so helpful in keeping track of everything.

by Galaxy Digital on 02/08/2021

Erin,

So glad to hear you, your partners, and your volunteers are loving Get Connected! Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Andrea I.
Manager of Community Service
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2016

"Best Customer Service Ever!"

Comments: The customer service from the Galaxy Digital team has been top notch! As a campus volunteer manager, we have had quick and accurate information from the Galaxy Digital team whenever we contact them. The team members are very knowledgable and are able to help troubleshoot any issues with ease.

Jason P.
Volunteer Engagement VISTA
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2021

"A useful and easy platform to use and implement"

Pros: The most impactful part of this software is allowing nonprofits from all over the county to house their volunteer opportunities under one umbrella to be easily found and promoted

Cons: There should be more features available to agency partners, instead of just site managers. The surface-level features for agencies has turned many organizations away from joining our platform

• Reviewed on 22/07/2021
Andrew R.
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2021

"Connecting our community"

Pros: This is a very user friendly way to connect the community through volunteering. it has all the features we were looking for

Cons: Would like to customize our domain for the site

by Galaxy Digital on 16/08/2021

Andrew, thanks so much for your review and for switching to Get Connected! Please do reach out to our Customer Experience team about customizing your domain. We're here to support!

• Reviewed on 27/04/2021
Daneka K.
Community Impact
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2016

"Get Connected staff are very helpful and responsive to questions"

Comments: I would say the biggest pro is the customer service. As a fairly new administrator I am always eager to learn and master a platform that I will be utilizing but also be promoting use in the community. I have participated in many of the webinars and training sessions and when I have a question or a possible enhancement idea the GC staff is always great to work with! The only con I can think of is if you have a part of the platform that I would like to see changes to or an enhancement for easier use, there are times when the changes can't be made because the platform is generalized for multiple users in multiple organizations.

Shelly H.
Volunteer Center Manager
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2016

"I am the primary manager of the software for our agency for the past 3 years."

Comments: Although not intuitive in use, the software is fairly easy to learn and use. The task of encouraging other agencies that we support to utilize the software has been somewhat challenging. Turnover of agency staff is a large component of this issue as the task of marketing the benefits and training in the usage of the software seems to be an ongoing effort as staff changes occur. Customer service from Galaxy is top notch. My questions/concerns have been responded to quickly and pleasantly. Comparability with donation-related software would make Get Connected a super effective software.

Ashley R.
AmeriCorps Vista
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2016

"This software is very easy to learn and use. It is also easy to train other agency partners."

Comments: I wish there was a way for the administrator to be able to email certain agency's that have needs that have expired, or ongoing needs that are 3 years old, or events that happened two years ago in an easier manner.
I do love how easy it is to post needs and events and to teach others how to use it. It is also something that anyone in the community could pull up and figure out how to use it very easily.

Sarah S.
Assistant Director
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2016

"Somewhat function, but room for improvement"

Comments: Back-end of the software is very clunky and difficult to navigate.
Difficult for us to connect between hub-portal. (Limited data sharing for agencies.)
Some limitations in functionality (legal forms, etc.).

by Galaxy Digital on 25/04/2016

Hi Sarah! Thanks for your feedback. Updates to the Manager Panel are already in progress and planned for our August Enhancement Release. We promise you that the awesome upcoming improvements will be well worth the (short) wait, so please stay tuned!

Savanna S.
Volunteer Engagement and Events Manager
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2021

"GET CONNECTED!!"

Comments: Get Connected helps us bridge the gap between nonprofits and volunteers. It is bringing our community together to collaborate on how to make our community better and safer for all.

Pros: The product is very easy to use and is user friendly. There are so many helpful tools that many any situation seem possible. The features are awesome for the nonproducts as well as for the users (volunteers).

Cons: I don't think I dislike anything, as the team tries to make upgrades based on our feedback. I do want the calendar to sync to Outlook for Microsoft.

by Galaxy Digital on 16/08/2021

Savanna,

Thank you so much for your review here! We're so glad you're seeing the software support your nonprofit's goals in making an impact! We're always here with our Customer Experience team for support if you need us!

• Reviewed on 13/05/2021
Terri P.
Director, Volunteer center
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2016

"Get Connected is a good investment in Volunteer Management"

Comments: I find the software easy to use from the administrator viewpoint and easy for the public, as well. The customer support is excellent! They have been very responsive, in a timely fashion, and always willing to help with whatever issue I might have.

Pros: It's easy to use and most of the public can use it relatively easily.

Cons: Would like more reporting functions (more detailed). Although I can get all the info on an excel spread sheet, since we've had this system since Aug. 2013 and there are 5,000+ users in the system, that's a lot of info to have to filter through to get what I need.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2016
C. K.
TRAIN Specialist
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2018

"Get Connected provides a hub for volunteerism in our community."

Comments: The ability to educate and inform our community about the specific volunteer needs of local agencies, while providing those agencies with tangible support and a framework for managing their volunteer programs.

Pros: Get Connected is perfect for our needs. Agencies have autonomy over managing their individual pages, and users have control over the level of communication they receive. There is a robust help platform, and numerous features we haven't even had time to explore yet.

Cons: Nothing - the software is easy to use, has wonderful features, and the company is constantly making improvements. As an administrator, I found the communication filters a little confusing initially, but found all the support I needed in the help center.

by Galaxy Digital on 03/08/2021

Thanks so much for your review, C.K.!
We're so glad Get Connected is meeting the needs of your organization. We're always here to support with our Customer Experience team. Keep up the great work in your community!

• Reviewed on 02/07/2018
Shelby K.
Civic Engagement Grad
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2018

"Best volunteer management software on the market!"

Comments: Our user engagement has increased by 38%.

Pros: This tool allows administrators to have master control over the site. Users can easily view and respond to volunteer opportunities. Agencies can quickly and easily export their responses. The best part for our organization is the automated reminder and confirmation emails. The customer care team is top-notch and they respond quickly.

Cons: Using this software as a manager takes a little bit of training, especially as a manager. The dependence on an email address as the user's login or check-in has resulted in some users having multiple accounts.

Shelby,

So excited to hear your user engagement has increased by 38%! We're always here to help with any training necessary and so grateful you're a part of the Get Connected community.

Nikki K.
Dir of Community Engagement & Youth Development
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2016

"Advanced Events are A MUST!"

Comments: Our volunteer center could not do the work we do as easily and efficiently as we can when using the Advanced Events module. Being connected to a United Way, we run several large citywide Days of Caring each year. The Advanced Events module allows us to attach our 30-40 projects to an overarching event. Both our nonprofit partners as well as our volunteers have shared how easy it is to post their opportunities and register team members. In the past we "held" spots for corporate volunteers that many times did not get filled and left the partner organizations with unfulfilled needs. With the ease of the team functionality, that no longer happens. United Way works with hundreds of companies in our community. We believe everyone can be a philanthropist, it doesn't matter where you live or how much you make. It's the act of giving that binds us together. In addition to reporting what a company gives financially and the impact of their donations, we're able to use the Advanced Event module to track all volunteer engagement for the year. A number when converted to dollars back to our community (love that on the individual profile pages!) sometimes exceeds a financial gift. The only functionality that would make that even better would be to have the ability to hide or reserve by password a project for a certain department within a company's Advanced Event. (ex- project posted for only executives or for a certain geographic location)

• Reviewed on 27/04/2016