15 years helping Australian businesses

Adobe Learning Manager Reviews

About Adobe Learning Manager

Train employees, partners and customers effectively with a next-gen LXP that delivers a personalized learning experience at scale.

Learn more about Adobe Learning Manager

Pros:

Great at authoring software/system courses. Price is on par with other softwares that offer similar features.

Cons:

The inability to create quiz content within Prime itself is the only feature that I think it is really lacking.

Adobe Learning Manager ratings

4.1

7.4/10

Adobe Learning Manager has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 671 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Adobe Learning Manager before?

Francis
Francis
cito in Kenya
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Captivate as a tool for LMS

Comments: Still a newbie will know more as i interact. However the features are what drew us to this software

Pros:

presentation development and deployment as well as integration to adobeconnect

Cons:

Instal was a handful and took very long.

Christian
News Editor/Journalist in Denmark
Newspapers, 11–50 Employees

Adobe Learning Manager Review: Unrivaled E-Learning Platform

Comments: After using Adobe Learning Manager, I can confidently say that it is the best e-learning platform on the market. It offers an incredibly user-friendly interface, a wealth of features and customization options, a content library and analytics tools. I highly recommend this platform to anyone looking to create and manage online courses.

Pros:

Adobe Learning Manager is an incredibly user-friendly, comprehensive e-learning platform that makes it easy to create and manage high-quality online courses. The intuitive interface makes it easy to navigate, and the platform offers a wide array of features and customization options. The content library and analytics tools give you deep insights into how your learners are interacting with content, allowing you to adjust and optimize your courses to maximize effectiveness.

Cons:

Visio is an outdated software and lacks many of the features available in modern e-learning platforms. Its user interface is outdated and not intuitive and the lack of customization options make it difficult to create courses that meet the needs of learners. Additionally, there is no content library or analytics tools to provide insights into how learners interact with content.

Hannah
Creative Strategist in US
Environmental Services, 51–200 Employees

Captivate - the reason we don't have a training department anymore. Endlessly buggy w/ rude support.

Comments: We no longer have a training division, because of Adobe Captivate & Adobe Captivate Prime. If you don't have an enterprise license, their support team has no interest in helping you. It takes a huge amount of evidence to convince the support team that your bug or complaint is valid, they insist on blaming you or the user. Everytime one bug was solved, another one appeared. When we realized that Captivate was more embarrassing than helpful, we had to close our training division. We didn't have the financial or time resources to re-build all of our training module on a new platform. While we used Captivate, it caused so many of our students to be angry at us. We had to give many refunds. Most importantly, it damaged our reputation.

Pros:

The most basic level functionality is pretty simple to understand.

Cons:

We built our entire curriculum on Adobe Captivate (100s of files). When we used Moodle as our LMS, we often had problems. For example, the user needing to enable pop-ups and unsafe scripts, the files freezing, and a student watching the entire lesson and then not having it register as completed. We assumed that Moodle was the problem. So, we moved our courses to Adobe Captivate Prime (which required considerable time and effort). To our dismay, the problems did not improve. If anything, they got worse. There are many things I could talk about, but the worst was the support. They were so unwilling to admit fault. A specific example of this is when they had a bug with the radio buttons in Captivate quizzes. The first several times I tried to contact support about the problem, they blamed the problem on the users. Only after I'd sent them several user complaints, screenshots, and videos did they start to listen. Even then, it took me being very assertive to get them to admit that the problem was on their end (& would take months to fix). Other issues: I couldn't manually mark buggy lessons as complete for students. Students had to enable "unsafe scripts." Many problems were unrepeatable - a students would send me a screenshot of a problem. I'd wouldn't be able to re-create. They they'd try again later and it would work. Because all of our lessons were built in Captivate & even Adobe's solution couldn't play them, we closed our training department.

Tony
Director in UK
E-Learning, Self Employed

Captivate Prime - getting better

Comments: It has been good for setting up the programme - but I cannot really fully commercialise the programme until document security is better. It is easy to use, a good interface for learners. It has been a good experience but a little way to go yet in some parts of the application.

Pros:

The product is evolving and starting to become a lot easier to use - a simple PDF manual would also help to bring new administrators on. It does the job well and the licencing is flexible. It is so much improved from around 18 months ago. I have found the product easier to manage and the addition of some simple features like deletion of modules has made content easier to catalogue and manage.

Cons:

The product still has not adopted to meet commercial training provider needs, there is no paywall for example. There are also some simple things that commercial training providers need - after much discussion with ADOBE ACROBAT PRO DC teams, the pdf security (no printing or copy/pasting settings) are undone by PRIME when content is loaded (users can simply highlight, copy and paste content). This means a student or anyone accessing the programme can easily copy/paste content. This simply creates the capacity for IP loss. Its a small change I suspect - but critical in protecting IP for commercial providers. In the end I have had to use a workaround with MP4s. Support on the PRIME side was contradictory - despite ACROBAT testing the feature.

Kim
Training Manager in US
Individual & Family Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Struggling Novice

Comments: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been great to work with, however, when items need to be escalated sometimes the issue is with Captivate and not Prime or somewhere in the upload. It would be very helpful to have someone who understands both software. Also, the people at the help desk are nice, but I lack confidence in their knowledge. There have been a couple of occasions where they think something can be done, but when testing it, realize it cannot be done. If this is my escalation point, I feel they should be experts. Something as simple as the non-optional playbar should be common knowledge with an expert.

Pros:

Ease of updating courses. I appreciate the sandbox so that I can test and learn. The ability to add branding. Preview as learner.

Cons:

Toggling between Author and Administrator when uploading a course and assigning learners. Non-optional playbar. Deciding on how many points are needed to complete a skill. When the system is new it is an unknown number. Some modules within a course receive a checkmark when complete, but some show complete, but a checkmark is not displayed. This is confusing for the learner. Set incidents for completion based on when the course was pushed. For example, if a course is pushed automatically and should be completed within 2 weeks. It appears that the software will all set an actual date due.

Mitchell
Mitchell
Retail Training Manager in Canada
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Solid LMS that's in the process of improving.

Comments: The software meets our needs, and hosts all content we need. It takes a lot of learning to grasp the system, and you will be doing most of the learning on your own. Certainly a competitive service. Definitely worth your consideration.

Pros:

This software has all the features that you may be looking for in an LMS. It has some CRM features, can host all standard e-learning file types, has a social learning function, and allows for a solid user experience.

Cons:

I didn't like how there is no method to execute all functions on the LMS without swapping between user profiles. Admin has certain permissions, as does the author and learner roles. It's your responsibility to learn which profile type does what. Additionally, the customer service is quite slow. If you're looking for quick support on the service, you'd be better off troubleshooting on your own. I rarely get an appointment with my CapPrime rep within the same week I request it. Finally, the system is inexpensive, but requires a big upfront cost. They currently only offer a 3-year commitment plan to the service. If I would've known about the speed of customer service I would've reconsidered our choice.

Naila
Instructor and Learning Consultant in Canada
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Adobe Captivate Prime Review from Naila

Comments: I enjoy using and developing learning programs on Adobe Captivate.

Pros:

I was very thrilled to see that -Publish in various devices - tablets, mobile phones, desktop. - Publish projects on devices that support HTML5 which are iPad and iPhone. - 360 degree learning experience feature - VR images integration and augmented learning. - Customizable overlay such as blurbs, audio content and quizes - 2D and 3D view options - SCORM compliant helps - it gives completion status, scoring and quiz results. -

Cons:

Concern: Adobe Flash wis going to discontinue in December 2020. So we don't know what changes will be required to add in Adobe Captivate Prime after Adobe Flash is gone.

Ali
Web Designer in UK
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best SCORM Training Creation Software

Comments: Very positive

Pros:

The software does everything you can imagine when it comes to creating SCORM training and testing it. It's cross software support with other Adobe products is a big plus point as well.

Cons:

It has certain shortcomings when it comes to dealing with languages such as Arabic. It lacks support for languages and display issues for characters that are right to left. Plus there are language character related bugs that stop user from exporting training and make it go into an infinite loading loop.

Carolyne
Office Manager in Canada
Human Resources, 11–50 Employees

TQR - Review

Comments: Overall I think it's a good program, there are a few things that are missing but overall we are satisfied with the quality and usability.

Pros:

It's easy to use. You're able to upload a wide range of documents to make it custom for learning.

Cons:

There are some features that are missing that would benefit us... for example, setting a time limit on a course or building a quiz in the program rather than having to out source it. Ultimately, the more things you can host yourselves would be best in terms of ease of use as well as the ability to protect costs.

Mihaela
Professor in US
Higher Education, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Trial run of captivate prime

Comments: I am using Adobe Connect. I feel Adobe Connect does not offer me the tools for everything I need. I am looking for an alternative that I can use for my online classes.

Pros:

Very easy to use and user friendly for both me and the students. I liked that I could use this product to post notes, video lectures and everything that I need into just one place

Cons:

The only thing I did not like is the cost that is rather high

Marek
CEO in Poland
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Adobe Learning Manager Review

Comments: My overall experience with Adobe Learning Manager has been positive. The software provided a robust platform for creating and managing e-learning content. The extensive feature set, including multimedia support and analytics capabilities, allowed me to develop engaging and effective training programs. The integration with other Adobe tools enhanced the creative possibilities and streamlined the content creation process. However, the initial setup and configuration process could be challenging, requiring technical expertise. Additionally, the pricing structure made it less accessible for smaller organizations or individual users. Nonetheless, the overall value and functionality of Adobe Learning Manager were commendable, making it a powerful tool for delivering high-quality e-learning experiences.

Pros:

One of the things I liked most about Adobe Learning Manager was its comprehensive set of features for creating and managing e-learning content. The software provided a user-friendly interface that allowed me to design interactive and engaging learning modules. The wide range of multimedia options, such as videos, images, and interactive quizzes, made it easy to create dynamic and interactive courses. The integration with Adobe Creative Cloud tools also provided seamless access to design assets, enhancing the overall visual appeal of the content. Additionally, the robust analytics and reporting features helped me track learner progress and assess the effectiveness of the training programs.

Cons:

One thing I liked least was the complexity of the initial setup and configuration process. It required a certain level of technical expertise to properly set up the system and configure the various settings. Additionally, the pricing structure of the software was quite high, especially for smaller organizations or individual users. This made it less accessible for those with limited budgets or who needed a more cost-effective solution.

Mikella
Human Resources Coordinator in US
Entertainment, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Adobe Learning works, but its pricey and has its flaws.

Comments: Overall it works solid as LMS software and allows employees to learn via mobile devices - which is our biggest request/need. I think it could be better, but currently, it fulfills our needs. If scores and adaptable elements were saved better I think it would be perfect! We do enjoy using if for our learning platform and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Pros:

Adobe learning as a portal/service is extremely fluid and functional. We have multiple courses and they are easy to manage and access for all of our employees. They are known as the industry leader and thus they garner more customers than other LMS, but that requires them to upkeep the software and that is a large benefit for us as the customer / consumer. The learning portals do work well and the tests are good when you are navigating them.

Cons:

I wish it did a better job of saving test scores/certifications. Sometimes our employees will finish a class but the scores they tested with don't save and they have to attempt again. This is a technical issue we have asked for help with - so they provided a button to submit as support - which was nice, but we still have the issue.

Sascha
Executive Director in Germany
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

Its simple and it works

Comments: One of the best features of using captivate prime, is that you can get going with a fully fletched LMS within 24 hours - fully branded and organised! ...and the pricing model is fair compared to common competition.

Pros:

Captivate Prime is an out-of-the-box LMS. It has all standard features needed for an effective and fun learning environment including gamification elements such as leaders boards, badges and general points. The interface is both, intuitive for the user and the administrator and can easily be customized to your personal preferences and access rights. The hosting of content is open to all types of SCORM compliant content, but also simple text files, graphics and videos. The structuring of programs can be done according to a single file system as well as clustered items in a program structure. One of the key performance tools is the mobile app provided. The app gives you the full spectrum of the desktop version, including an offline capability.

Cons:

If you purchase this LMS via a volume license program (rather then buying a few licenses with credit card online), then it is recommended to find a local ADOBE certified dealer. The customer service team in (I believe ) India, is friendly, but very slow in the response and it takes several attempts to get things done. Therefore, using a local certified dealer and letting them deal with the headquarter, does not necessarily speed things up, but it does save you a lot of time.

Mercury
IDT Intern in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

A Very Practical LMS

Comments: My overall experience with Adobe Captivate Prime was exceptional, that is in the case of developing and publishing courses. My challenge was trying to provide adult learners with a nontraditional approach via online/hybrid that would most effectively increase their attention and learning.

Pros:

After exploring a number of LMS's, I found that Adobe Captivate Prime was very practical. If you so happen to be using Adobe Captivate you'll find it very easy to publish your work. In addition, the tabs are clearly identified with all of the functions clearly presentable. Moreover, the LMS was fairly easy to use especially considering the accessible help prompts and tutorials.

Cons:

While I loved the flow and crystal layout, I found it to be too boxed in for the clients I was trying to reach. In other words, I needed a bit more engagement and interactivity beyond the software; I desired to engage my trainees in collaborating beyond simple discussion boards and games. I wanted to provide real life experiences that incorporated social media outside of the software. So, while I loved the simplicity and structure, I desired professional coaches and mentors to supplement my trainees with real time experiences.

Juergen
Training academy Manager in Germany
Machinery, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Review from Makino

Comments: With the platform we are able to make training easy available for all our learner and helps to create a learning culture. We can share training between different global platform.

Pros:

Easy to use and to understand. possibility to share contents with other platforms. Android and IOS app. Everything starts with the skills approach. Possibility of different language for one content. No plug in necessary for the player. Reporting module. Possibility to work with the different roles. unlimited storage space. Support is doing well.

Cons:

Learning calendar is not working well and don't give a good overview about all classroom training planned. Migration of skills or other things to complicate. No calendar about the utilization of all instructor available . Calculation of the effectiveness should be different in case L3 feedback is disabled since the L3 feedback does not make sense for the most of short online courses. In the view of the courses as a admin or Author we need filter to separate classroom training from online and courses shared to you or shared to others.

Rozanne
Chief Customer Advocate in US
Consumer Electronics, 51–200 Employees

We're moving on...

Comments: It was a big disappointment. We want to add training for external customers and we can't risk having the issues we had with employee training with them. We have already started the process of migrating to a different platform.

Pros:

Not much. It looked great when we were investigating it, but we quickly became disenchanted when we were actually using it with all of our employees.

Cons:

Buggy 1. Playback wouldn't always work for everyone. 2. Sometimes, the courses wouldn't mark as complete for all learners, even though they had been completed them. 3. Reporting is very difficult. It takes too much time (and trickery) to find the information you want. 4. It doesn't always work with Captivate Prime (which is the weirdest thing ever). You'd think that Adobe would make sure it always does, even if you are using a Mac. 5. Adding users didn't want to work via upload. Contacted support, which wasn't helpful. I ended up having to add them one at a time. 6. Too expensive for what you get and once you start the year commitment, there is no way out. You have to pay for something you can't use anymore. 7. Don't have the ability to reset scores back to zero if wanted. 8. Don't have the ability to allow users to retake the quiz at end. We ended up having to force everyone to get 100% by designing the courses to not allow them to go forward until they had answered the questions correctly. 9. Once the learners went through a course, they could never look at it again, which is not what we wanted at all. 10. Online Help Documentation is inadequate.

Vikas
Senior Sales Consultant in India
Industrial Automation, 51–200 Employees

Great learning management tool

Pros:

The best thing that I like about Captivate Prime is that it has got webcam feature which lets you connect with your learners effectively. Even if you don't know much about technology or you are new to it, you can still do wonders with the capabilites of Captivate Prime. You can add your voice to your presentations really easily and create impressive learning modules on Captivate.

Cons:

Captivate Prime has been there in the market for long and it has evolved a lot. So, there is nothing that I don't like about Capitvate Prime. It will be really great if they can lower the price a bit.

Jordanne
Jordanne
Manager of Family and Community Engagement in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Great LMS software for people new to e-learning

Pros:

It is incredibly easy to use, but has a lot of features who want to do more advance things with their e-learning. I really like that you can set up soft skill and compliance trainings within the environment with relative ease. If you are new to elearning and simply want to put videos or presentations online and track people's use then it is very easy and fast to do. However if you want to create incredibly immersive and intuitive learning for your team then you can also do that with a little bit of practice and experience.

Cons:

Even though this software is super easy to use on a basic level it does get difficult to do more advanced things on your own. Unfortunately customer service and training for this software is not super extensive. When I purchased the system I had a representative from Adobe who walked me through the basics and initial set up and that was great, but beyond that you will have to seek out more support on your own to do more advanced things such as learning how to integrate Prime into Salesforce. Some of the features can be confusing and, as I often find with Adobe, their customer service online (not talking to a rep but actually just looking for answers online) can be very confusing and not helpful.

Nathan
Project Manager in US
Information Services, 51–200 Employees

Lots of Functionality but Cumbersome and Not Intuitive

Comments: Lots of potential - but not easy to learn/use/manage

Pros:

Has many features, many more than I'm sure I am aware of. The system looks really clean. Like being able to switch between types of roles easily.

Cons:

It's been a huge struggle trying to get everything working properly. The catalog and recommended learning areas almost never show what I expect, adding filters in the catalog sometimes works and sometimes seems to do nothing. Revisiting the same page seems to have different results in terms of what courses/learning programs/filters appear. I've not yet found a good way to efficiently manage all of the courses, content, etc. from a high level. A course report doesn't seem to exist that shows me all courses, if they are active/deactivated, if they're assigned a learning program, etc. This would help a lot to find courses that are floating around and not assigned properly. The audit report is good, but doesn't give me a clear view into how things are setup today across all courses. We've sent several emails/tickets to Adobe contacts with no response back. The sales process was amazing and the technical resources doing the demo were extremely knowledgeable. The person who then helped us get implemented was very scripted and has since disappeared with no clear input on who we should contact with questions. Trying to just self learn it at this point, which has been frustrating.

Janice
Digital Learning Consultant in UK
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

An LMS with lots of handy features especially for larger companies

Pros:

Very good for Tracking Excellent Multi Tenanting configuration possibilities for a business that is a GROUP of companies. The Branding by use of a theme is a good idea. Love the email templates and automation within the system, it is a very handy feature for tracking learning, very handy indeed! Especially, for larger companies. The use of setting up a programme and Learning Plans with certification levels and gamification in the form of badges. This is a superb way of delivering Apprenticeships for the Apprenticeship Providers also who work with Employers of large corporations. A very Commercially viable product that will work seamlessly with their website, love the URL that they can get with their own name first. Love the idea of booking Virtual class sessions and Lessons so that there is complete tracking and accountability built in. As a registered Adobe user, I like the fact that I can create assets within the Adobe Creative Suite and then use them within Adobe Captivate LMS. The quality is very high in Adobe so I recommend the integration of Adobe assets with this LMS.

Cons:

Found the course more suitable to commercial application. It is important to have all your assets ready to start building the course and it would take some planning beforehand. This is not an LMS for lighthearted course development, and I do see this LMS as best suited to an ultra security conscious commercial environment that protects its assets like fort knox! For this reason alone, as a business, I would buy it.

Joe
President in US

The easiest, quickest LMS I've ever used

Pros:

1. In less than two hours, I had set up Captivate Prime. I had no hassles or problems. 2. The menus and options are easy to understand and look modern. 3. Despite the ease of use, I can do just about anything I'd want an LMS to do with Prime. 4. I can set up user roles and permissions at six different levels, including Learner. 5. I can set up external users, those outside my organization, and send them all a link to let them set up their own login and password, saving me a lot of time and ensuring greater security. 6. Prime lets me set up sets of skills for learners to achieve and tie them to learning objectives. 7. I can upload courses, videos, PowerPoint, PDF files and more and they show nicely using Prime's Fluidic Player. 8. There's a free app to use Prime on mobile devices. 9. The Reports that Prime generates out of the box are very nice, and I can also create my own. 10. There are gamification and branding options too.

Cons:

It would be nice if Adobe offered trials longer than 30 days for those who want to try out the product because it can take a while to really put it through its paces.

Reelika
Coach in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

Great tool for online learning

Pros:

So many great features that are available to use and provide the best customer experience

Cons:

It can be overwhelming to have so many options available

Erik
Training Manager in US
Pharmaceuticals, 201–500 Employees

Weak overall

Comments: Overall we've making it work for our business, but it's far from ideal. It is common to have several support tickets open at a time, and when they're addressed the same information needed to be repeated again and again, often without resolution.

Pros:

Ease of use for learners. Decent "structure". Good value.

Cons:

Awful reporting. Inconsistent performance, transcripts, data. Customer service is terrible. Software was unstable at times. Not a good fit for compliance based industries and training. Search feature and UI have poor functionality. I have no confidence in anything.

James
James
Instructional Design Developer in UK
Accounting, 501–1,000 Employees

For the expert!

Comments: This tool is one of the more complex authoring tools and takes a lot longer to master than other tools. However the Accessability features make it a must for all users.

Pros:

So many features. The responsive nature within publish. Accessability features for disabled. Screen recording and mp4 publish output.

Cons:

Lack of building up layers. Not the easiest tool to pick up and just develop with.

Amanda
Paraoptometric in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Helping me Help People

Comments: It is very positive, I am able to give the customer what they need because of this software

Pros:

I am able to transfer glasses prescriptions and other documents from our EHR. I use it also to transfer contact prescriptions too.

Cons:

It freezes sometimes and I have to restart our system. I think it might be the server our computers are linked to and not the Adobe.