15 years helping Australian businesses

About TutorCruncher

Tutoring business management software that offers timesheets, scheduling, payroll, invoicing, and tutor-student matching capabilities.

Learn more about TutorCruncher

Pros:

Cons:

Editing repeating lessons can be confusing and unintuitive.

TutorCruncher ratings

4.3
4.7
4.4
4.6

9.0/10

TutorCruncher has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 178 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used TutorCruncher before?

Jason
Jason
Owner in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

A must for all tutoring businesses

Comments: Life-changing. Seriously. Before this we were with Learnspeed and it was far less user-friendly and we were spending more.

Pros:

It looks so professional to all our customers. All our tutors easily understand how to use it without nearly any training. Customers are very comfortable logging in and giving us their CC. Overall, just fantastic.

Cons:

Every once in awhile I'll come across a missing feature. I then need to create a personal bot for our company that makes up for it. For example, it lacks PayPal integration for paying our teachers/tutors.

4 years ago

What a great review, Jason. We're really thankful for your feedback! I hope the benefits continue to rack up for your company, there are also some big improvements coming in the next few weeks as to how we can pay out to your tutors via TutorCruncher. We'll let you know as those improvements go live!

Nicole
Nicole
IT Manager in United Arab Emirates

Great product for Tutor companies

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: The Tutor Cruncher Team especially [sensitive content hidden]
have been fabulous. They are polite and friendly and we recieve quick responses, with helpful information and guidance on how we can get the best from the system. With best practices, little tips and tricks, we can meet many of our business needs and digital transformation aspirations with Tutor Cruncher. They also pro actively contact us and offer to walk us through additional functionality which may fit our business set up. I would highly recommend Tutor Cruncher to a Tutoring Company.

Pros:

It is clear to see that the system has been designed and developed by someone who knows the tutoring world. The functionality and features are fabulous, we got up and running really quick and the benefits it bought to our team were great. We were working quicker with less errors and better communication with our Tutors.

Cons:

We are a small business and cant' afford to pay for the development of our bespoke processes. However, as a start up, there is so much potential for Tutor Cruncher to grow. All of our processes are not currently supported by Tutor Cruncher, however many of our business requirements are met. It is an exciting journey to be on with Tutor Cruncher, as they are open to our feedback and ideas for additional functionality for the system to be driven forward and grow as a product. I cant wait to see additional processes in the future.

Deborah
Director in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Spend time with customer service while you have the option, track the changes you make

Comments: Auto-invoicing is handy but we still don't know why the system doesn't invoice for sessions that happened. The system just ran an update that we weren't informed about it we had to start over getting to know it and make sure it was doing what we needed it to do. We are still having issues and trying to work out the bugs on our own. I wish we had better support in the beginning because I feel like I don't know the system well enough to trouble shoot.

Pros:

Once automation is set up, clients enjoy getting regular updates and tutors enjoy having access to client information without having to contact us.

Cons:

Customer support needs to help us fix our specific issues within the system instead of giving generic options based on the User Guide. We still have things set up the way that we would like for them to be because getting answers from support took so long and they never went into our account specifically to assist us. Our support person ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) quit responding to us and then [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (who is nice, but not as informed) tried to help and ended up causing more confusion and delays.

3 years ago

Hi Deborah, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! That's disappointing to hear our customer support wasn't able to help assist with specific issues, but if you wanted to discuss those further you can shoot us an email at [email protected] and we can help you out :)

Julianne
Founder CEO in US
Architecture & Planning, 11–50 Employees

Professional Development & Continuing Education

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Incredibly cost efficient, especially for a growing team. Customer service was the best I've experienced within the LMS product world. They have an internal video call software, or you can connect with Zoom.

Cons:

It isn't exactly as customizable as I had hoped, but still a great deal for the price. Some functionality feels a bit clunky and confusing, but customer service is very helpful and responsive so I was able to get the hang of it.

Alternatives Considered: Absorb LMS, TutorBird, Pinlearn and Yo!Coach

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: Price and customer service were the top selling points for me. The fact that they are transparent communicators and are upgrading the program all the time is great, as well.

Ronshea
CEO in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Amazing customer support and system overall!

Comments: The business is simply much easier to manage with TutorCruncher! Everything is basically all in one place and affordable for a startup company! Most importantly, TutorCruncher continues to upgrade and implement new innovative features which are key to keeping up with and staying ahead of the ever-evolving tutoring industry. Thanks, TutorCruncher for being the best in the game!

Pros:

I can't stress how pleased I am with the TutorCruncher system. We are a fairly new tutoring company and this tutor management system has allowed us to present our company in a very professional way. From the tutor profile listings on our website, email reminders, one-click links (LessonSpace) down to the Transfer Wise payment / Accounting system, we are very happy with how we were able to create and integrate the system and make it our own.

Cons:

There was a bit of a learning curve at first, but the videos help out a great deal. Batch scheduling can be super time-consuming. I wish there was a way to import an excel spreadsheet of client/student's name, date, and times especially if it's the same students and times for the entire school year. It would be great to offer the learning path, electronic assignments, and test because it would save us time and resources from having to go out of the TutorCruncher software for those necessary features.

Alternatives Considered: TutorBird

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: Affordable, free trial, and the free version where we are able to try it out first.

2 years ago

Hi Ronshea, Thank you so much for your lovely review! It's great to hear that the platform has helped your new tutoring company. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

Joanne
Director and Teacher in UK
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

I wish I'd signed up sooner.

Comments: We have found the customer service team really helpful in enabling us to role out the use of Tutor Cruncher slowly as we were very nervous we could end up in a digital muddle.

Pros:

I had been aware of Tutor Cruncher for over a year but thought it was expensive at first. Eventually, I found myself and my admin spending hours on tasks that were not bringing in any revenue and decided to look into it further. We took the plunge and have never looked back. Tutor Cruncher is literally saving us hours of administration time every month meaning that we can spend more time matching our clients and tutors together. The Client Pipeline feature is fantastic for tracking leads. We were losing leads before due to not having the time to do follow ups. We've also saved money in not having to have a separate mailing system to keep our clients up to date with new products and offers. If you were like us, wondering how it could make a difference, give the free one month trial a go before you get so busy chasing paper.

Cons:

I'd love to see an improvement on being able to create sub sets of files in the uploaded documents section.

Alternatives Considered: TutorBird

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: A friend in the tutoring industry [SENSITIVE CONTENT] gave me her honest opinion of the software and how it had helped her grow her business. She was able to tell me the pros and cons between the two software options and why she though Tutor Bird was better.

2 years ago

Thanks for the lovely review Joanne! We're delighted to hear the platform has helped you allocate your time efficiently. We look forward to continue working with you in the future :)

E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Very good tutoring management platform - has some downsides but overall I highly recommend it

Comments: TutorCruncher has been and still is a very good solution to my tutor management needs. My company relies on TC as a sign-up and login portal, making it super convenient and easy to professionally manage tutors and the tutoring itself, and appear professional too, all without doing much work!

Pros:

It is easy to use and appears professional to most people, has lots of automaticity in-built you don't need to set up yourself.

Cons:

Overall the UX design is a little confusing and looks a bit outdated, and the support staff take a while to get back to you (but not that long, just not instant).

Alternatives Considered: Teachable

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: Because it has much more features and an overall solid 'build' - everything you need is there and overall well laid out, for an affordable price. As long as you don't compete with my business in Canada (lol), I recommend using TutorCruncher.

4 years ago

Hi, Thanks so much for getting in touch! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying our platform. We are always looking for ways to improve and update our system, so we will be sure to pass your suggestions from changes regarding UX and other areas onto our team!

Cinzia
Director in Australia

First Time User

5.0 last month New

Comments: Great so far! The assistance I've had with set up is also appreciated.

Pros:

That it was able to easily rectify all the pressure points that was consuming time in day to day operations

Cons:

That it doesn't enable personalised cancellation policies.

Amber
CEO in Canada
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Tutor Cruncher Does The Crunching So We Don’t Need To!

Comments: Overall, while there are always learning curves for all, Tutor Cruncher's team has worked seamlessly with our team to ensure that the transition and daily use is smooth. I, personally, appreciate that I can gather questions from my team and take them to the Tutor Cruncher team and we can dialogue about them. This communication makes for an amazing working relationship!

Pros:

As we grew as a Tutoring Agency, it was great to have a system that already had thought of how such a business operates so that the transition could be seamless for our team and our customers.

Cons:

As with any software, there are improvements that with time can be expected. Our tutoring team would love there to be a built-in spell check for reports and outgoing emails!

2 years ago

Hi Amber, Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a nice review! Glad you're enjoying the platform :)

Good software with a range of possibilities, though it takes some getting used to.

Comments: Managing tutors' hours is much easier and saves the business valuable time.

Pros:

The wide rang of incorporated functions is valuable to businesses. The ease of logging tutors' worked hours and payroll saves time and effort. The administrators can easily see the current statistics of the business, giving necessary insights. The weekly updates on jobs that have gone cold are great for keeping track of which tutoring jobs are still taking place and which have stagnated. The software also offers payment options which regrettably are not compatible with all international banking institutions. Multiple user options on a single account makes it simple to manage clients, students and tutors. The client/user support is fantastic!

Cons:

The software is not intuitive to use and takes a while to get used to. The process feels as though it should be streamlined a bit as there is a lot of clicking involved. The back buttons on some of the pages do not work and do not take a user back to the previous page.

6 years ago

Hello there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review. We are glad that tutorcruncher helps your business to manage different functions and is easy to use for you and your users. We are happy that you can easily see the current company statistics day by day, it definitely helps you to have a overview of your business at all times. If we can further simplify the step-by-step processes in TutorCrucher, then we¿ll be in a very good place overall. Thanks again for your feedback!

Lisa
Education Management, Self Employed

Outstanding experience

Comments: Adds credibility to our agency by using a professional software.

Pros:

The customer support is unparalleled; the live chat service enables us to reach out to the team should we need help at any point. However, the software has been well designed and optimises the user's experience so it's not often we need to do so.

Cons:

Not much can be said at this point. Perhaps I could suggest an extra feature; there could be a list of subjects that tutors can manually "select" so that we can reach out to tutors who tutor this specific subject instead of sending out mass broadcasts. Similarly, if there are students who are studying a particular subject / level, perhaps there could be a way of categorising this so that we could send valuable content via email marketing.

7 years ago

Thank you for the fantastic review, Lisa. We are glad that the team at Telios Tutors find the system well designed and easy to use, in the event that you might need any support it is always forthcoming! In terms of your email marketing, you can create and apply custom labels to your users so that when you send out broadcasts you can target specific users.

Chase
Program Manager in US

Tutorcruncher is definitely an improvement from our previous software for tracking employee hours.

Pros:

It is very user friendly! My staff required very little training to learn how to use and implement it. Same with clients once they are sent the link to create their profile they are able to do it with ease as I haven't heard one complaint. Also, automatic package tracking is such a bonus with Tutorcruncher! I also appreciate that you can customize reports for sessions by targeting specific areas for feedback that our tutors and coaches fill out. This helps us increase our quality of service.

Cons:

When adding new appointments using the calendar, I wish you could double click on a day to then be prompted to create a new `lesson on the day clicked on. This would further increase efficiency when inputting schedules. It would also be great to be able to mark lessons complete with ease directly from the calendar page. Another thing is deleted appointments it would be great to more easily recover them than having to search through ALL previously deleted lessons; ideally I'd like to go to the job, see the deleted lesson, then click recover to bring the lesson back while I still have the job opened up. Last piece of feedback would be to create more filters (like searching jobs using a tutor filter).

6 years ago

Hello Chase, thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. It makes us happy to know that TutorCruncher is easy to use and even your tutors have no problems in managing and planning lessons with many students. The same happens to clients, once the profile is created they can receive invoices and pay quickly. In this way you can manage your tutoring efficiently and professionally. Thanks for your review!

Adrian
Founder in UK

TutorCruncher is Excellent

Comments: TutorCruncher is an excellent software package that collates all the tutoring information you require in one central place. It has been an invaluable tool to help us provide tutoring to disadvantaged children along the length and breadth of the UK. We have no hesitation at all in recommending TutorCruncher.

Pros:

The analytic function that provides real time information is truly excellent and allows you to keep on-top of your business. The system also provides helpful integration between tutor payments and billing to paying clients. It provides a fantastic repository for information about tutors, lessons and clients which is absolutely essential for any tutoring business.

Cons:

The integration between TutroCruncher and our website is not as smooth as it could be. But we have overcome that with other software.

2 years ago

Thanks for the great review Adrian! We look forward to continue working with you in the future :)

April
April
Teacher in US

An affordable software that is great for business management.

Comments: I was able to quickly connect my students with tutors that could help them with their specific needs involving coursework.

Pros:

This software is super affordable and is a bargain when considering all of the extra features that you receive. I am a huge fan of the fact that the software is accessible from almost anywhere using any device including my cellphone. The monthly pricing system is great as it allows my company to purchase a subscription for as many months as we see fit instead of being stuck with it if we do not like, fortunately this software meets all requirements for both teacher and students.

Cons:

The biggest downside to using this software is the fact that I can not host it on my own domain. I wish that this were possible, but at this time it is not. I also would like to see a cheaper support option initiated.

6 years ago

Hi April, thanks for taking the team to leave us a review. We are glad you think that TutorCruncher is priced to give you great value at the same time as meeting all your core needs. We do have an Enterprise price plan which allows you to have your system accessed via your own domain, though this is a premium service which we discuss on a case by case basis. Additionally, our dedicated support service is excellent value for money given the level of insight and engagement on offer. I would encourage you to take a look at these areas!

Claire Jennifer
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Tutor Cruncher is a game changer.

Comments: I am impressed with Tutor Cruncher. It has many functionalities and I am sure I have not scratched the surface yet. We are delighted that we have moved to this new system. Thank you for all the help getting us up and running within our tight deadline.

Pros:

Split payment functionality Online support for three month/ video support on demand.Willingness of the development team to consider new ideas/ improving the platform.Separate branch can be added. Global log ins for tutorsAutomations are amazingTemplates are AWESOME

Cons:

No option to pull forecasting data.Stripe tale 7 working days to process payments + 2 days deferred payments - this has upset some tutors.I cannot schedule term time only lessons for the whole year.Development takes a long time but worth it.Support for tutors would be amazing.No break down on tutors pay as to which business paid which amount on payment notice.It would be great to have to option to adapt the templates before sending rather than editing the master each time. Our jobs vary a lot so it would be good to have that flex.

Rahil
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Great software to manage a tutoring company

Comments: Have been using TutorCruncher for 3+ years and would recommend it to others.

Pros:

Can run most aspects of a tutoring business using TutorCruncher, in particular managing a team of tutors and matching clients and students, inputting and scheduling lessons, and dealing with invoices and payment orders. Has good online whiteboard intergrations and an API. Customer support is excellent and new features and constantly added.

Cons:

Could be slightly more customisable and some users find the UX complicated at first.

Harrison
Lead Tutor in Australia
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

TutorCruncher is an effective and useful website that has improved my company's effectiveness.

Comments: As previously mentioned, tutorcruncher streamlined my company's operation, as we became larger and harder to manage. Tutorcruncher solved significant software and administration issues.

Pros:

The consolidation of information, and its ease of access are the main advantages of using tutorcruncher.

Cons:

Tutorcruncher can be occasionally difficult to use, with some unfortunate design flaws. One issue I had was with the labelling tutors option. Finding how to create a label caused me to apply this label to every tutor in the company, which took a long time to fix. Both the functions for creating, and removing labels en masse are frustrating to use.

6 years ago

Hello Harrison, thank for your great review. We are happy that TutorCruncher helps you to run your tutoring business in an easy and effective way. You can apply labels to your users in bulk by filtering, this may help you to save time in labelling, https://help.tutorcruncher.com/setup/#what-is-a-label. Thanks again for your review Harrison!

Zac

Excellent Customer Service

Pros:

The software is great but even better than that is the customer service provided by reps. They are always extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with.

Cons:

The revenue snapshot could be more helpful (instead of comparing to previous 28 days would be more relevant to compare to the same period in the previous year).

6 years ago

Hi Zac, thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review! We are delighted that you have been able to get so much out of our software over such a long period of time. We are always happy to provide a high quality of customer service to help you get the most out of our system!

Jessica
Program Supervisor in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Getting accustomed to TutorCruncher as a new platform has been very easy.

Comments: built in invoicing and credit tracking features for client accouts.

Pros:

Many features are intuitive to use and don't require a lot of training. Whether its administrative features, client features or tutor features, I am able to easily address questions from all of our users. There have only been a few instances where I've need to seek out support from the TC team or reference the user guide. In those instances, I have always gotten the answers I needed with out a lot of hassle.

Cons:

There are some limits to how you can sort client and student lists. Additionally, when users go dormant or jobs are finished these values still remain in the search and maps feature. It would be more helpful to have these types of values go dark in these features.

6 years ago

Hello Jessica, thanks for taking the time to leave us an excellent review. It is our pleasure that the use of TutorCruncher is easy and functional for you, as we aim to improve the connections between administrators and other users. This means deep relationship of trust and professionalism with tutors and close connection with the parents and students. We are continuing to improve the way to how you can sort client and student lists to ensure that the data you see is always pertinent to your needs. Thanks again for the review.

Ben
Tutor recruitment and tutor in UK

Easy to use software

Pros:

Easy as a tutor to see lessons and write reports etc. Works well most of the time and helps us find new tutors too.

Cons:

Funny little bugs like the back button being stuck on a loop so it is unlike a back button elsewhere. Formatting irregularities when using mobile devices or tablets

6 years ago

Hello Ben, thank you very much for leaving us a great review. We are very happy that with TutorCruncher you can manage your business easily. We are delighted that TutorCruncher has helped you streamline your company's services and that you have made the most of our lesson report and the way that you can find new tutors. We are continually working hard to create an optimal version of the system that is perfectly adaptable to smartphones and tablets. Thank you.

Jonnie
Business Assistant in UK

Sometimes frustrating, but with quick resolution

Comments: The use of pipeline has significantly smoothed out our client management, making fewer errors and more punctual processing of requests.

Pros:

The fact that the developers are available to chat during work hours for customer support. The response time is so fast that any issues we've had with operating Tutorcruncher have been quickly resolved.

Cons:

The software is sometimes quite restrictive, meaning simple tasks can often take a long time with convoluted workarounds.

6 years ago

Hi Jonnie, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're thrilled that you have been able to better process your client management by using the CRM systems within TutorCruncher, such as the pipeline. We are hopeful that we can continue to make changes and improvements to improve your experience of using the system in line with our expectations on what using TutorCruncher should feel like. Thanks again for your feedback!

Dan
director in UK

rubbish and expensive service

Pros:

nothing anymore, because everything breaks after a while on this platform

Cons:

absolutely rubbish service: email templates change without me changing anything, failed payment emails don't get sent, credit requests don't work properly, and it all comes at a hefty price from tutor cruncher who is most of the time unable to help.

Debra
Education Consultant in UK

Really happy with how client, tutor, student and job details are readily accessible.

Pros:

The fact that when you log in you can see clearly where you are up to with incomings and outgoings, client details are easily accessible so that you can see where they are up to with their accounts. You can add clients, students, tutors and jobs quickly and easily link them so that you have the whole picture and this means that you can access information instantly when someone contacts you with a query.

Cons:

I would like to be able to export data (such a client or tutor email addresses) so that I can send out group emails more easily - although I have this data on a spreadsheet now so this is not a real issue.

6 years ago

Hello Debra, thank you for leaving us a great review. We are glad that you see great value in all of TutorCruncher's features and it helps you monitor the progress of your business. It makes us happy that with TutorCruncher you can organize the different activities between customers, students and tutors, this is an efficient way to have a daily view on the progress of your business. With TutorCruncher Broadcasts you can send emails to a group of people such as tutors, clients, or students. Thank you very much for your review Debra.

Vicky
Owner in Netherlands
Education Management, Self Employed

Good quality software

Comments: Good! Apart from the two improvements I wrote about, I love TutorCruncher and I think you did a great job at building it.

Pros:

The number of options available and the fact that it simply works. Other types of software don't always work, so I was happy to see TutorCruncher does what it is supposed to do. I like the number of options and the client-student system works really well, as does the invoicing.

Cons:

Two things: 1) The software does not work intuitively. Options are difficult to find and are not where a client expects them to be. I'd advise you to work with someone who knows about customer experience in software and who is willing to update the software with your customer in mind. As a client, the software has clearly been designed by someone who is good at building software, but who is not specialised in customer experience. 2) Translations. These options are horrible. There are many words one can translate in TutorCruncher, but once I did, the original English terms appeared on the invoices, still. When I asked about this, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] told me the translations are just there 'for you'. For me? I don't get why it works like this. I'd advise you to either a) make sure the translated terms appear throughout TutorCruncher as well as - most importantly! - on the invoice to the client's customers, so that the client won't have to build a new invoice using Moustache. And b), I'd also be interested to work with you to translate the software to Dutch or other European languages. In that way, your clients won't have to translate at all, and it will provide you with the opportunity to start selling the software here in the Netherlands (as there is no Dutch software available atm).

4 years ago

Hi Vicky, Thanks so much for your review! It is really great to hear that you are enjoying using our system. With regards to the translation part of our system, there seems to be a bit of confusion. Our translations work for end users only (clients, tutors, student), which is why you will not be be able to see these changes on your admin profile. We are always working to improve our system, so we would be very happy to get in touch with you and get a bit more feedback about what we could do to improve our translations and the easy of use of the system! Please feel free to write us a quick email.

Ajla
Head of Marketing and Recruitment in UK

Best software

Comments: I just love it. Its a great software with so many features that you can make use of

Pros:

I came across Tutorcruch software in January 20, i wished i had come across before. I just love this system. Because of how smart it is, it has allowed me to develop new product and services

Cons:

The coding part, but since i have passed all details to my IT officer who helps me with everything.

Alternatives Considered: Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Choosing TutorCruncher: I wanted a software where i am able to see everything i am doing and in addition i can look at my clients progress

Switched From: Sign In Scheduling

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: More friendly for younger students

4 years ago

Hi Ajla, Thank you so much for your review! We are also very excited that you chose to use TutorCruncher and are enjoying it see much. We look forward to continuing to work with you!