• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.8 /5

About UpKeep

UpKeep is rated the #1 mobile-first CMMS to streamline work orders, facility, and asset management.

Learn more about UpKeep

Showing 1,209 reviews

Ryan S.
Maintenance Manager
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"A great start!"

Comments: My experience over the first month with UpKeep has been very positive. The team in California have been checking in to provide support and they've sent us a ton of QR labels for our assets and stock room. I have worked with five different CMMSs over the past several years and have been responsible for two implementations. This has been the smoothest and easiest one so far... configuration has been easy and it's been warmly welcomed by my team and the organization as a whole.

Pros: The ease of use and functionality check all of the boxes I was looking for. I get updates on my phone, can track work, and share what we're doing throughout our organization in a way that is simple to understand. The cost and very low barrier to entry has been a huge plus as well.

Cons: There have been little quirks with the system that have taken a little getting used to. Updating PMs or creating a PO, for example, can be difficult when you click off the screen to update a piece of that (check list, asset, or part) and then the whole thing that was being worked on is lost. Having discreet location differences for assets and stock rooms would be nice, too.

by UpKeep Technologies on 14/04/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We all LOVE your dinks!

We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team manage your assets and facility!

Our team is always making improvements and adding new features to the application based on customer feedback. I've shared yours with our product manager.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Ryan K.
Facilities Maintenance Specialist
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2020

"Its a Keeper as long as you are keeping UP on it."

Comments: Very positive experience so far. They have answered all my questions sufficiently and in a very timely manner. Our account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is fantastic, she is great at explaining things to people of all technical levels. We can see this software allowing to move forward quickly and put together our S.O.P's with minimal disruption during crucial times when we bring in new employees.

Pros: The Customization of the software is quite extensive. Has an honest to goodness workflow that is concise and easy to follow. Best have this system completely laid out and ready to roll prior to rolling it out within your facility that way you can utilize the software's capabilities to its vast potential. The tracking for the work orders is super convenient and thorough and allows for reporting to be super easy and helps track problem areas or where money should be spent.

Cons: I feel that it pigeonholes your ability to use various systems and has no overlap with other systems that could potentially be helpful. does not offer a scheduling option to allow for access to say apartments where 24-hour notice is necessary. Having the ability to link to a calendar or a calendar within upkeep to organize my day project by the project is what is needed badly

by UpKeep Technologies on 14/04/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team maintain your facility and track work orders!

• Reviewed on 28/01/2020
John F.
National Reliability Manager
Environmental Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2019

"Great User Interface and Customer Support"

Comments: The best way to describe it is we operate as a team. Specifically want to recognize the customer support staff who helped me.

Pros: What I like most is how intuitive and user friendly the system is.

Cons: There are a few limitations that the system has, such as limited levels of hierarchy, but what is great is that they are receptive to feedback and are making revisions to their system based on customer need.

by UpKeep Technologies on 05/09/2019

Hi John,
Thank you so much for leaving us a review! We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to continuing to work with you. I understand your note about limited levels of access, but we believe this allows teams to tailor our product perfectly to how their team operates. I'm glad our customer support team has been so helpful - please feel free to reach out to our customer support team at any time for more help! http://onupkeep.com/customersupport

• Reviewed on 07/08/2019
Jordan C.
Electrical mechanic
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2019

"Best Android based asset management I've used so far"

Comments: It was a little challenging as a user to convince my bosses to use the app to it's full potential. They wanted to hire data scientists which isn't needed because it can just generate charts and graphs almost instantly on its own. They wanted to simplify data into symptoms instead of tracking repairs and damage which is the actual data we needed for root cause analysis. The app is remarkably elegant I trust in it's ability to record and aggregate data but it's only as good as the data you put into it. I can imagine so many uses for an app like this in almost every business I've worked in, but it's limitation is the users.

Pros: The app is easy to use. Mostly customizable. It has built in data analytics so you can find trends and root cause analysis to present your data almost daily. Depending on how well you set up fields you can be as accurate or focused as your like with your data. I would suggest this to any business large or small that needs to manage assets.

Cons: It can be a challenge on the users end to really iron out what they really need the app to specifically manage, but ultimately it's up to the user to decide what data they want to track. Some example tutorials would be nice showing examples like how a mechanic might use it to manage repair symptoms and repairs or how a business with expensive tools might keep track of safety and maintenance.

• Reviewed on 02/03/2019
Brian B.
Director of Environmental Services
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2019

"Intuitive software that is easy to setup and use daily"

Comments: Wonderful and knowledgeable sales team

Pros: • Work request portal and app design- easy to use and very precise
• All staff can input requests and can easily check progress by viewing work order
• Front desk can make appointments and have real time info when inquiries are made
• Technicians see work request creation in real time.
• Increased productivity
• Work orders priorities flagged to ensure quick response times
• Central hub to manage all info to improve organization
• Ability to generate work requests via app
• Inventory tracking and resident billing
• Asset management
• Reports

Cons: • No notification that invoices need to be processed

Elvis N.
Technician
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2019

"It does what it promises"

Pros: there are a number of sorting categories that can be hidden or viewed according to your preference, this makes it really easy to use and to find old items that usually disappear in all the clutter you create.

Cons: The interface varies drastically if you switch from ios to android or vise versa, considering they are both "lite" versions of the computer one. Hopefully this will be fixed in the near future.

by UpKeep Technologies on 14/06/2019

Hi Elvis! I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review for us. I'm glad you're making good use of the sorting categories. Especially once you have a lot of data loaded in the app, I agree that the categories are a great filter when you need to quickly find something! Check out more features here https://www.onupkeep.com/features.
As for the variation in UpKeep across platforms, the mobile version is designed to benefit you on the go, so it does have a simpler interface. The desktop version on the other hand is where everything is visible. With a bigger screen, you'll have more space to access all of the reporting features, among other things, hopefully making it much easier to use. I hope that makes sense. Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with!

• Reviewed on 07/06/2019
Ben D.
Facility and Maintenance Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2019

"Great CMMS, particularly for smaller non-profits"

Comments: The software itself is great, user friendly, and feature rich. I love the printable QR codes for asset management and inventory tracking purposes. I understand the need to monetize and the reasons for the business plan pricing, however I feel like they're potentially pushing away future larger accounts by not giving an option for smaller organizations to use the full feature set of the business plus plan. When I signed up the premium option didn't require 5 users. This shift has me evaluating other options again.

Pros: Modern, mobile, feature rich, easy to use, non-profit discount, support, documentation, new features, request portal, scalable. After purchasing our first property we needed a CMMS that would grow with our organization. Upkeep is a modern mobile CMMS that provides deep functionality and scalability.

Cons: The business plus plan requires 5 users. I would love to use the advanced features of the business plus plan but as I'm the only user, it doesn't make financial sense for our small non-profit. One of the best things about upkeep compared to some other CMMS solutions is the pricing, particularly with the non-profit discount. However not having the option to use all of the features without paying for 5 users means I'm evaluating other options already.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Kyle S.
Ops Lead
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"An amazing tool when fully utilized!"

Comments: I've received wonderful support from rep, who has found a way to always fulfill my requests and ensure I have the data I am looking for. I'm very happy with the application.

Pros: Upkeep provides a ton of data that you need to properly track and audit workflow within you business. Some great features include creating multiple locations, people, teams, assets, categories, etc. There are many choices that if you use to its fullest potential can give you some great data.

Cons: There are a few struggles that Upkeep has while performing tasks. Unfortunately not every table is exportable thus leaving a lot of manual work on the backend to match results or create new spreadsheets. You are fairly limited in your filtering abilities within work orders. It would nice to have an option to filter models to see failure rates between two different products. Inventory tracking is not the best especially for multiple locations and can cause a lot of confusion with multiple users trying to find similar part names. Other than those there aren't many issues or cons, I think the biggest struggle is that many users don't know how to properly use the application.

Jennifer M.
Senior Property Manager

"Easy to Use"

Pros: It is very user friendly and easy to set up. Techs can complete work orders via the app or PC. Tenants are able to submit work orders using an email address or custom URL. The ability to schedule recurring work orders is great! Tenants receive an email notification when the work order is In Progress and Complete. They can check the status at any time and have the option to rate the quality of the work.

Cons: It would be helpful for tenants to view the tech notes instead of just users. This would allow them to get a better description of what work was done.

Karim A.
Facilities Manager
Facilities Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2018

"In simple the following boosted our overall outcome and simplified our work"

Comments: before using upkeep we used to log around 60 to 70 work requests per month, while after getting upkeep on board we log now around 140 to 175 requests per month and that is more than double what we had! it gave me more power to show our positive sides and also our negative sides, positive in the sense we are completing request, negative some requests are getting over due and postponed and that is helping us in easily to track why that is happening. This product is made purely for Maintenance, but as a facilities manager i was able to implement it into Security and cleaning, but getting clear reports from security as a request base, and cleaning as a daily occurrence requirement. and one amazing thing is you can be creative while using it! since we have staff accommodation and since my team do there usual checks at each room we create a bar-code for each room and added a check list the team enter to the room and they have to go through the check list! Work Simplified!

Pros: 1) easy to create work requests
2) easy to follow the status of work request
3) a well tailored KPI chart that gives details of each team performance
4) maintenance scheduling is extremely simple
5) real time feedback.
6) the list is huge in short Upkeep made it simple

Cons: 1) the chat interface should get boosted up to reach to a higher slandered and to make it even easier to access so it can replace our use of other apps like whats app or so on!
2) there should be a preset Temps for existing preventive maintenance that we only need to adjust it to our liking
3) not much to dislike !

• Reviewed on 09/07/2018
Troy B.
Maintenance Foreman
Utilities, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2019

"Upkeep reiview"

Comments: Great cmms and it seems they are constantly updating it with more features.

Pros: We're on our second year of using upkeep. So far we have mainstreamed our work orders and are building history on our equipment. The ability to take a picture of the equipment that needs to be worked on is valuable. I like the ability to organize and assign parts and vendors to the equipment for easy reference on what belt sizes or oil is needed for that equipment.

Cons: Seems like some of the issues I'm having have to do with training that I need on the system to figure how I can edit some of the work orders. One specific is that once I make a reoccurring work order I can't edit it to not make another work order to close if we don't get to that work order that day. Or keep it open and not create another work order. Otherwise it's been one of the easiest systems I've used.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2019
Chris J.
VP
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2017

"UpKeep is a very user friendly platform with excellent customer service"

Comments: More time and income and less headaches!!

Pros: UpKeep has sped up my job tracking and has increased profitability by being able to see both labor and part expenses quickly. It has also freed up my time as an owner, having instant live info available for several jobs at my fingertips. It has freed up labor time for my workers in the same way, instantly knowing who, what , when, where, and how a project is going, no need to "go looking" for answers. The photo option keeps EVERYONE on the same page as to how something needs to be or was done, The app is very user friendly for me and my employees. The simplicity makes it easy to use and navigate. Customer support is top notch and Very fast. There is always someone available to help or answer questions.

Cons: UpKeep has very little cons if any in my book, I just wish I had time to take benefit of more of its options. I do feel its a little expensive for my small business, but I am seeing it pay for itself the longer we use it.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2017
Aslam S.
QA/QC Lead Engineer
Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2019

"UpKeep user review"

Comments: Earlier we used to issue our facility and equipment maintenance requests by filling physical request forms and it would take more time to reach to the maintenance technicians thru the maintenance engineer/supervisor and getting update of close out of the request as well. Also we consumed lot of papers to generating the requests. Once we implemented UpKeep, we started issuing the maintenance requests through the system and the same time the Maintenance engineer get system notification and he could assign the respective technicians without delay to solve the problems and getting the update immediately after completion of the task as well as easy tracking. In addition, we maintain all of our asset data and status within UpKeep and easily traceable.

Pros: The tracking of the maintenance requests and the assets entered in to the system. Also, the monitoring the status and generating/extracting reports .

Cons: Some times felt that the data update in the system bit slow.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2019
Supply Chain Specialist
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2018

"10/10 Tracking"

Pros: UpKeep allowed our team to track every material, billing and invoicing, barcoding, serial numbers and other necessary details of our products. It also allowed us the tracking of timely repairs, preventive maintenance, contract management and other special information. It also deals with the calls made, quotes or estimates, others. It contains many features that has really assisted our team in increasing our work output. The availability in mobile is also a plus, making our job mobile.

Cons: With several features available in UpKeep, setup is somehow complex. But after that, everything works well and is easy to keep up with.

• Reviewed on 30/08/2018
Nick G.
Boss
Airlines/Aviation, 2-10 Employees

"Works well for me"

Comments: I like it, the concept is good, as I operate a multi location, multi customer property management company UpKeep was easily the best fit for my work process flows, as I have said it works for me and I am happy to continue using the app for the forseeable future.

Pros: I like that fact that I have a clear audit trail of individual tasks/work orders which I can look back over time when the inevitable disputes from the customer will arise, at least I will be armed with the evolution of each piece of work (assuming that I use the app properly and consistently of course :-) the app maps quite nicely onto my existing company structure and work process flows.

Cons: While there is some work order filtering for viewing the work orders to specific people, I would really prefer to filter based on location because that is how my business is structured. I can get the information I need but it is through work around and compromise (usually a line by line search through the work orders to be honest). Some better reporting features would be appreciated so that filtered lists of work orders could be packaged into custom, branded reports. This might be available in more expensive subscriptions, I don't know, but my company size does not justify the, quite expensive, next upgrade so I will have to make do with what I have.

Shane J.
Manager of facilities maintenance.
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2019

"Very useful and thought out ."

Comments: Like I said I run and mechanically maintain 14 properties with out upkeep I would be lost on knowing what to do and what is important.

Pros: I am very grateful for upkeep. To say it has helped would be an understatement. I have used it to keep track of all my companies equipment. I have not even gotten to probably half of what you can do on it. Entering info is so easy. Creating forms useful to you. Keeping track of all the work I have at hand. Timing the situation. The list goes on and on with this App. I am sure I will be referring to my history as time goes on. With certain equipment once so much money kinda realize it’s better to just replace it. I mechanically maintain 14 Restaurant/catering companies. I do this alone and take care of projects etc..... upkeep has helped a lot.

Cons: Really wish it had a collective weekly timesheet that I could turn into payroll. As is now it keeps track of time but does not at end of week give you a collective time sheet. Would be super awesome to have something professional to turn into payroll via email that had your WO # the time you started the time you ended for that day on each job and then adds it at end of week to turn in.
Also a way to turn in notes and be able to send that as well

• Reviewed on 01/03/2019
Cameron J.
Facilities Engiineer
Internet, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2019

"Modern and easy to use."

Comments: The whole system is so easy to use anyone can learn it. They have everything you can need and more. The customer service is outstanding and they will help you out with anything that you need, they always seem to have an answer.

Pros: UpKeep's work order system is so easy to use right from the get go. One would not need to be trained on using it, the app is pretty much self explanatory. I run the app on my desk top, tablet, and phone which make it easier to log completed work from anywhere. The rating system keeps my team and I on top of every task that we get, and we love to see those 5 star ratings.

Cons: Haven't really found any issues with the program that haven't been addressed by the company. The customer service is great, every time I use the chat system I receive a response with in 5-10 minutes. If you call them on the phone they will walk you through any problem you have.

Dan T.
Facilities Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2019

"Overall Satisfied"

Comments: I am the facilities director for a group of five employees that takes care of the buildings and grounds for a facility on 65 acres with over 100 employees. Before Upkeep we had a hard time with how work orders were turned in and how they were assigned to a worker and then follow up on where we were in the process of completing the order. Upkeep resolved all of those issues and more! Every requestor that has been signed up to the program has stated that they were happy with the ease of being able to turn in work orders and being able to follow the progress with just a click of the button. I like the fact that as the administrator on the software I can receive orders and send them out to my techs within minutes of receiving them and the techs can get right to them. This has definitely become our number one tool to get the job done!!

Pros: Ease of turning in work orders
Ease of assigning work orders to the techs
The requestors being able to follow the progress on work orders
Being able to track inventory and alerts when it gets low
Provides dashboards to be able to track work easly

Cons: A little rough to get use to the different formats from P.C. to tablets to phone. They are pretty close with just a few differences. Also still trying to figure out the best way to work with routine work orders and the best way to get those in front of the techs.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2019
Puiu G.
Economist in Management
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2020

"Improving features"

Comments: We can say that UpKeep is a real proof of our technical department work.

Pros: UpKeep is easy to use! The support received from the team helps us a lot and facilitates the implementation of new ideas.

Cons: Maybe some features can be improved in order to export many more reports from the platform.

by UpKeep Technologies on 16/04/2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear our software is helping you and your team maintain your assets and manage work orders.

• Reviewed on 11/03/2020
Technical Representative
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2019

"REVIEW OF UPKEEP FROM EURONAV"

Comments: I can only see benefits by using this simple software which is cost effective. When there is a conference or meeting with stake holders/service providers, I just need to make an export of outstanding items in Upkeep and send it over as attachment. There is option to export as pdf as well as MS excel.

Pros: The software has many functions and capabilities. As an end user in my line of work, the best use for me is to keep track of deficiencies. It is very useful because we have a global team with members located at Singapore, Greece, Antwerp and U.S. So inputs and updates are filled in at different time zones and anyone can see the status on line by logging in.

Cons: It is not easy to manoeuver to where you want and make changes/updates. When I make an update, I cannot see the full history. i need to go back to assets and a particular case to see the full history.

• Reviewed on 04/03/2019
Tim T.
Maintenance supervisor
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"The program is great easy to use customer service is quick to respond."

Comments: Able to keep up with the PMs is huge. It helps schedule downtime and help us keep a qty of spare parts needed.

Pros: Easy to navigate. Easy to setup. Its made it easy for my empolyees to see what is next and shows history on the assets. Makes it easy to go back through the history to see if the same problems keep occurring. Part inventory helps to grow the parts need.

Cons: There is a difference between the apps and web base. I wish you cold add more user withoout a price increase.

by UpKeep Technologies on 15/05/2018

Thank you so much for your support Tim!

• Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Sam G.
Facilities Manager
Warehousing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2019

"Awesome and very simple to navigate through"

Comments: Cost savings and less down time!

Pros: Accessibility. The mobile app allows me to access asset info and the work order data base from anywhere.

Cons: Deleting work orders can be tricky and glitches with modifying reoccurring scheduled work orders. Had a few instances where I had to delete the work order and recreate it, since I was not able to modify the scheduled days.

by UpKeep Technologies on 20/06/2019

Hello Sam! Thanks for giving us such positive feedback! I have informed our engineering team about your glitch when trying to modify work orders so we can try to make sure it doesn't happen again! I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and look forward to working with you in the future! https://www.onupkeep.com/

• Reviewed on 29/04/2019
James H.
Operation Manager
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2019

"Great way to track PMs and maintenance that is needed."

Comments: This was the perfect software for our small group.

Pros: This is easy to use. Love how it notifies you of up coming due dates.

Cons: It cost ever time you want to add a person.

by UpKeep Technologies on 05/09/2019

Hello James,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It means a lot to hear your feedback as we constantly strive to improve our products and services for our customers.

I'm glad to hear that you find our software user-friendly and the PMs to be a valuable tool for your business. The work orders and notifications are built to create efficient maintenance management that suits your business needs.

Although we do have a cost per user, our monthly and annual pricing for our paid plans provide useful features that can benefit your company in the long run for its value.

Once again, we appreciate the fact that our software is the perfect tool for your team. Have a great rest of your week.

• Reviewed on 29/08/2019
Jeff N.
President / CEO
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/01/2017

"You CANNOT go wrong with this great app!"

Comments: As a small Family Manufacturer with a relatively small Maintenance Dept. and various moving parts on a multitude of machines, this app allows us to become so much more efficient by tracking the work order from inception to completion. Extremely user friendly and it far exceeded by expectations for the money. I have seen many other CMMS applications but UpKeep has by far the best value and user experience I have seen. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Do yourself a favor and test drive the free trial.

Pros: Ease of use
Number of different functions within the app

Cons: Nothing

by UpKeep Technologies on 27/05/2020

Hi Jeff! Thank you for the positive feedback! We are THRILLED to hear UpKeep has made your team's workflow more efficient. Thank you for being an UpKeeper!

• Reviewed on 26/01/2017
Cooper S.
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2019

"UpKeep for Property Managment"

Comments: UpKeep has been a huge benefit to our company and is extremely easy to use/implement.

Pros: Upkeep is great for updating our company in real time about what work orders have been completed or which ones are still outstanding. The ability to post comments, updates, and ask questions are each work order is great.

Cons: Some of the formatting features don't allow you instantly glance at the performance of all the properties in the portfolio without applying several filters.