PHP Point of Sale Reviews

by PHP Point Of Sale

• Overall

About PHP Point of Sale

With PHP POS on Mac, PC, iOS or Droid, pay no more than $34/mo. per location for advanced features needed in today's retail marketplace

Learn more about PHP Point of Sale

Nicole M.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"User friendly and great Value for the money you are spending!"

Comments: We have had a great experience using the PHP Point of Sale Software! My business partner and I opened a brand new small business so we were looking for something both affordable and very user friendly and this software absolutely fits both of those criteria! Would recommend this to anyone, especially people who are not great with computers (as I am!).

Pros: Affordable, User friendly, great reports

Cons: cannot immediately get in touch with customer support

Kevin H.
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees

"Good Experience"

Comments: So far my experience has been very good. The support has also been timely. No issue to date. I have made contact with support a number of times and I have always received an adequate response to my question.

Pros: Easy to use

Cons: A bit costly

Ruhail T.

"Decent software"

Comments: Overall the software works as expected and is easy to setup. Sometimes I notice bugs which the support team helps with.

Pros: Easy
Feature rich
Good support

Cons: Regular defects are noted
Lack of support for non complaint hardware.
Unrecognized windows application.
Antoviris detects virus in installation file

Gaëtan D.
Director IT
Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2-10 Employees

"Easy and full"

Comments: A very complete software. It is also allowed to save a lot of time and especially it is multifunctional. It was also important that it is compatible with our barcode scanner we do not want to recommend this software to any company wishing software Simple and effective cash

Pros: Easy to use, quickly configuration, php langage

Adrian S.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"The perfect solution for your stores"

Comments: During years I try with another POS solutions for my retail kiosks, but when I discover PHP Point of sale there's no way back, for me and for my business this is the best POS ever try.

Pros: is perfect

Cons: More updates, hardware/accesories store for Spain.

Ryan P.
Consumer Goods, Self Employed

"overalll really good"

Comments: PHP POS is a great program. Some of the search features and inventory options would be nice if expanded upon, but overall it is a good program for the price. Customer Service even helped us after a windows computer crashed to get the program on our mac, seamlessly.

Hector S.
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"BEST CUSTOMER SUPPORT EVER!"

Comments: Any time I have an issue with PHPPOS I send an email and generally get a response with in an hour if not minutes, any time day or night, even on weekends! To clarify most issues have been third party issues, but PHPPOS still provides support to help third parties resolve the issue.

Pros: Top notch tech support, fairly priced, good interface. frequent updates and new feature implementation based on community requests. Works on mobile.

Patrick C.
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2016

"3 years later, still great!"

Comments: I have been using PHP for a little over three years, and it works great for my company. Very simple and easy to use and customize. I highly recommend it

Pros: The ability to customize and ease of use

Cons: When I've had questions, I've had trouble getting in touch when any support

• Reviewed on 29/11/2016
Eduardo A.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

"Excellent product"

Comments: I got my business under control so fast. So worth it.

Pros: Easy of use and so practical to use. You can have the info on the palm of your hand making the decision making process so much easier

Cons: None are a deal breaker, however the instruction manual could be more detailed and the user interface in the receivings section could be slightly different as to not confuse it with the sales interface

Martin C.
Engineer
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018

"I really like it, I used version 14 and now 15. It is easy to use"

Pros: Easy sales, very intuitive. Users have all in one page. Its easy to connect thermal printers
Configurations is easy

Cons: Maybe reports, I want to create reports and get graphics about each report and put in dashboard. Also, some traductions

• Reviewed on 24/04/2018
David L.
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2018

"We have used PHPPOS for over a year and a half now, and are not looking to move to another platform"

Pros: Multi platform iOS,Apple . Cloud based is a big plus. Well thought out interface with every option we need to run and manage our shop

Cons: Some of the customer search queries only show last 6 months invoices. Inconsistent data returned in searches

by PHP Point Of Sale on 24/04/2018

hi! Thanks for the review. When clicking a customer on customers module by default it shows 6 months; but you can filter the report to have a bigger date range. Could you describe more about searches?

• Reviewed on 23/04/2018
Scott E.

"Excellent product"

Comments: This system is fantastic. It's very easy to use, fast and produces a vast number of very useful reports.

Pros: The reports, mobile app, ease of use and the detailed receipts.

Cons: Does not function if the internet is down. Dollar discounts are subtracted from payments but not from category reports.

Mickey H.
IT Tech
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees

"All you need in a POS"

Comments: We have had great results using PHP Point of Sale. It is customizable completely from top-to-bottom and has built in modules to work with all our printers and cash drawers. It was also very easy to connect the script to our order and inventory management system so that all the data is synced. Very easy to set up and start selling in the stores!

Pros: Easy to set up, easy to use and can be customized completely. Compatible with major receipt printers and drawers. Ability to process all types of payments

Cons: Updates to the script aren't included in the purchase option. Need to purchase it again if the updates are relevant to your needs.

Rudy M.
Retail, Self Employed

"Easy and flexible"

Comments: Very easy to begin using. Setup is simple and multiple capabilities for setting different values. One of the few I found that allowed for decimal/fractional unit sales which was critical to my business. Continued upgrades are often based upon user requests and most are dead on for solutions. Customer support has been outstanding with prompt responses, solutions and help beyond the software itself including the hardware. The value is just outstanding in my opinion.

Pros: Flexibility and ease of use. Multiple users. Limited data viewing for users.

Cons: Still lacks sourcing database.

Felix G.
Engineer /owner
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2018

"Great platform to extend in many ways"

Pros: I like that I have access to the source to make it custom. I've extended it in many ways already and my client consistently sends new feature requests.

Cons: The reporting system in older versions leveraged some temp tables that were quite inefficient as the data size scaled. Otherwise nothing really. The platform has allowed me to extend functionality to all my needs.

Doris L.
Manager - retail solutions
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"Best solution for small businesses at a very small price!"

Comments: We have installed PHP Point of Sale in several boutiques and the feedback from the clients have been great. It is a very user friendly solution with all the necessary functionalities required for small businesses. More importantly, the source code is yours - therefore, using our own PHP programmers, we have created custom reports for each of your clients and even added a ticketing module to allow our clients to print price tickets in different formats. Our experience with the PHP Point of Sale's support team has been exceptional - they have always replied to our support issues within minutes and even take the time to connect to our terminals using team viewer to help with upgrades. For the money, there is no solution out there that is as extensive and this one!

Pros: * Open Source code
* Simplicity of the software
* Reporting and Exporting capabilities
* Centralized database

Cons: Currently, it does not plug into an e-commerce platform.

Stacie M.
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"Best POS I've used or tried. Easy, packed with features and reliable."

Pros: How much I can do with the program. I have a standalone version I have tailored to fit its use in an antique mall with 50 vendors. I can teach even the most computer unsavvy vendors how to make item tags. BECAUSE of the program's ease of use.

Cons: Only one upgrade with stand alone purchase. Would like the ability to remove some features that are not applicable to my business with just the ability to turn off.

Eko A.

"Love PHPPOS"

Pros: It is super easy to use and navigate. I have a multi-national business, so I needed a POS software that would allow me to do business in Ghana and the USA. It took me a while to find a POS that has everything I needed and PHPPOS came with all the bells and whistles.

Cons: Nothing. It's really awesome. The only enhancement I would ask for is when printing the barcode sheet, to have the ability to print the same barcode for multiple items

Rafael P.
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"Best Point of Sale EVER!!"

Pros: Its ease of use, the way it presents each of the blocks, billing, reports, inventory, etc. It is very manageable for people without experience in billing systems. For me it has been an excellent ally for 5 years.

Cons: What they should improve is the flexibility of creating reports and adding a section in the billing to be able to add numbers of voucher sequences. Make the report of accounts receivable more clear and above all from time to time the sales of some clients are erased.

Felix G.
Software Architect
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"Great POS and Framework For Expansion"

Comments: I leveraged PHP POS as a base POS for a retail location and it provided me tons of capabilities out of the box. With the source available, I have been able to expand its capabilities in a plethora of ways - - integrating credit processing and then emv before the official releases, various gateway integrations my client required, support for other peripherals, dozens of custom reports and more.

Pros: Source code available

Cons: My integration was based on a version from some time ago, but at that time the structure of the code was not very modular, and didn't have a hooking /filtering framework built in. This caused upgrades to be extremely painful.

Kevin R.
Webdeveloper
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"I have been using PHPPOS since 2014, it allows me to monitor sales and staff from anywhere."

Comments: Acessibility from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. I can check on my Items, my employees and see reports of best selling items and so on... Also there is a neat feature that alerts a user to items that are running low. All in all it is a great software, just a bit costly compared now compared to when I first signed up. the price is up by 100% and im not including the extra features like ecommerce support.

Pros: The ability to login anywhere I have access to the internet. I installed the manual version and uploaded it to my web server where I control everything.

Cons: The new pricing is a bit ridiculous to me, Year and every year the price seems to go up.

Balazs B.
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2020

"Great software, excellent support"

Pros: Very comprehensive feature list, fast support

Cons: Nothing negative about this solution. Very happy

• Reviewed on 27/01/2020
Willow F.
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"After 3 years this POS software still makes my life so much easier."

Comments: I started with PHPPOS about 3 years ago when I opened an art supply store. With thousands of sku's to track I needed an easy platform to use. I found PHPPOS online and gave it a try. It is incredibly easy to use both in function and design. I haven't needed help often but when I have the support has been lightspeed fast. I chose to download and use the software on a local server as I do not want to be at the whim of my internet connection. The cost of upgrading to a newer version is so small that it is worth it. The latest version has so much more that you can do with stats. which I am really getting a lot out of. There could always be more but I am super happy with how much value and ease this has brought to my business.
Willow Friday
Iron Oxide Art Supplies
Nanaimo Canada
www.ironoxideartsupplies.com

Pros: It is easy to use, reliable, aesthetic and intuitive.

Cons: There are a few things that could allow me to be more efficient when using it for example, if I could choose what line the screen landed on after adding a product. Or if I could choose which lines were mandatory or not to fill out when adding products.

Wilfred L.
Marketing Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2016

"Great piece of POS software!"

Comments: We have used this software since Day 1 of our company InfinityMeals. I'm a PHP techy but my associates who are not so IT inclined were also able to use it easily. We use it in our restaurant to punch in orders and track our inventory and generates sales reports for analysis of products purchased. We wish there are extra features like further customization to the receipt to reduce the length of receipt printed. Printing out a kitchen copy. Store a sale, associate it to a table number to be retrieved later for final payment. Another huge feature would be to calculate the sales for the date and equate it to the amount of raw ingredients that has been used for proper inventory. Wishful thinking. Another feature would be to customize an order like. Order combo 1 with a sandwich and a salad with a particular drink and it would automatically list it on the receipt and the deduct it from the inventory. Other features for centralized server.
Having a central server that retrieves sales information from multiple branches and consolidates it into once server.
Having an offline mode then reconcile the sales to the central server for general reporting. An API so we can develop our own interfaces and use premade functions in PHPPOS Once those features are incorporated then I would totally pay for the extra features and mark it a straight 5/5. Thank you so much for the software and looking forward to grow with it as much as possible.

Pros: Simplicity
Ease of use
Great User Interface
Straight forward functionality

Cons: Rapid updates. :)

Geraldine P.
Co Owner and Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2018

"Easy to learn platform with access to customer service at your fingertips. Would highly recommend!!!"

Pros: In my case I love the ability to manage inventory and decide easily when a order for more parts is necessary. By always having parts we are always making money.

Cons: Not being able to use it on your phone or other stations are hard to set up. I wish it was easier to use in other locations.

• Reviewed on 18/04/2018