• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.8 /5

About InitLive

Streamlining Event Staff Workforce & Day-to-Day Volunteer Management.

Learn more about InitLive

Allison C.
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2018

"Mixed Emotions"

Comments: We used them for two years until we decided that it wasn't going to work as well as we hoped since we have a changing shift and the time to input all the information took someone quite awhile.

Pros: I love the ability to customize schedules for groups of people and that works great if you have a steady schedule and need to assign shifts, etc. It is still a growing company so they are easy to work with and customer service is great. It does give good report option for review but the reports aren't customizable so you still have to edit them after you download content.

Cons: The downside is that as a growing company, they don't have all the kinks worked out for ease of changing/saving or rotating shifts and people. It takes a lot of prep time to set up. It was okay, but not the easiest and any emails send are not saved in the system so you can resend later to a different contact group meaning you have to keep up with them on a different platform and remember who you emailed, etc.

by InitLive on 19/12/2018

Hi Allison,

Thanks for taking the time to review your experience with InitLive. We definitely hear you regarding the issues you've experienced with the schedule. This is why overhauling the scheduling process is our highest priority for early in the new year. Please be sure to reach out to your Customer Success Rep if you'd like a sneak peek of what's to come in just a few short months. Thanks! :)

• Reviewed on 18/12/2018
Allison C.
Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2017

"Very helpful when you are organizing several hundred participants"

Pros: I love the integrated app and how easily you can reach volunteers during the event. I like that the database is downloadable to excel so we can edit as we see fit. The process is simple from the users standpoint as a click and save model.

Cons: It is time consuming to schedule different hours, dates, etc with specific supervisors across different shifts. Also, the inability to see emails sent from the system or reply to emails within the system itself. It would also have been nice to signup from the app/use app prior to main event.

by InitLive on 27/06/2017

Hi Allison, thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. Input like yours helps us ensure we're moving in the right direction! Your Customer Success Rep will keep you posted about those feature requests. :)

• Reviewed on 27/06/2017
Tyler M.
Manager of HSSE
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2017

"Live Concert Festival Planning and Organization"

Pros: All your tracking of the Event in one Place
Easily organize Volunteers and event details
Mobile App is a life-saver for day of event use
Being able to track problems is a huge benefit of the software
Makes the recruitment of volunteers a breeze

Cons: If you are a large production company pricing can get a little bit high
People Looking to view the software before committing are forced to request demos and pricing.

by InitLive on 15/12/2017

Hi Tyler, thanks for your review of InitLive - happy that we could help with your live concerts! :)

• Reviewed on 14/12/2017
Maggie W.
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2017

"Customer Service"

Comments: I looked into using InitLive for a college concert band festival that I run. A smaller event, we manage about 150 volunteers and host around 3,000 high school musicians. InitLive has a beautiful interface, is very easy to use, and offers a wonderful introductory experience. I love that there is an app that is designed with the user in mind - simplicity at the fore. The only deterring factors I experienced were in regards to being able to control certain features. The basics are set-up very well (volunteer sign-ups, scheduling, messaging, etc.), but there were minute details that I would have changed to better suit my festival's needs. As well, the price unfortunately was the end-all determining factor that obstructed our ability to use InitLive. Even after working personally with Avery to find a compromise price, we were still unable to justify the cost. Because the festival runs through a university, which also hosts seven other festivals, our goal was to find a great software that could be used for all festivals, providing a consistent volunteering experience for our students. The hope is that one day, the university will be able to afford a quality program like InitLive for all festivals and events. I highly recommend InitLive if you are looking for a beautifully designed interface with exceptional customer service.

by InitLive on 31/01/2017

Hi Maggie, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're sad that you won't be moving forward for WindFest but are eager to keep you up to date as we continue developing new features. It's been a pleasure working with you and I hope we have the opportunity to do so again. -Avery

• Reviewed on 31/01/2017
Jess H.
Festival Director
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2017

"Avery has been fantastic to work with! I'm looking forward to using this program for our first fest!"

Comments: I am able to manage my volunteers as they sign up, see where I need to find more volunteers to work, and I will be able to manage and communicate with them on site via mobile means instead of physically having to move people.

Pros: I like being able to break down the schedule by jobs and view all of the roles in a shift. I also like that I can set qualifications for roles.

Cons: I wish that the staff profile let them put in their job experience and strengths. It would help me place the best volunteers in each role that I am looking to fill. I also wish that people could request shift without requesting a specific role and actually scheduling themselves. It would be helpful for me, because someone could let me know what time they prefer or are available to work. It would be nice if they could pick a few shift times in order of preference.

by InitLive on 03/08/2017

Hi Jess - thank you so much for sharing your experience. We will be releasing a new feature we're calling "Custom Forms" in the next few months that will help you manage the information you're looking for from staff profiles. It could even help address the shift selection. We're excited to tell you more and will definitely keep you posted regarding the development of this feature. Thanks again! :)

• Reviewed on 03/08/2017
Emma E.
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2016

"Finally a tool made for events!"

Comments: For the past couple of years I've been using software tools to help with my staff and volunteer management but it was pretty clear that these tools were not designed with event planners in mind. I had no idea what I was missing until I heard about InitLive at a conference I attended. No matter what staff management tool I was using, I always needed to have backup excel spreadsheets, a separate app to use for staff and volunteer check-ins, and a way to communicate with my volunteers on my event day. I didn't even know that a system existed that had scheduling, reporting, and day-of communication all in one place. I'm so happy I found this tool. It has made planning my events much easier and has saved me money on all the other software I was using before. Other highlights include the training and support from their team. I don't know if the support team would want me advertising this, but my account manager often responded quickly even during evenings and weekends with detailed answers to any questions I had. Great software all around. I definitely recommend it.

by InitLive on 28/07/2016

Emma, thank you very much for sharing this with us! We're excited to continue working with ESquared.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2016
Sarah T.

"Great product!"

Comments: I have had a wonderful experience working with the InitLive team so far (Alyssa, Tim and Avery). Avery has been extremely responsive and helpful throughout the set up process! We have a very large scale event coming up in December, and I'm looking forward to seeing the benefits of using InitLive for the first time!

by InitLive on 19/10/2016

Hi Sarah, you and the team at AZMOM have been wonderful to work with. We love seeing the event coming together and can't wait for December! Keep up the awesome work.

Callum D.
Civic & Social Organization, 2-10 Employees

"Doncaster Alcohol Services"

Comments: Good tool with specialist functions and focus that would be good for use in events field

Pros: A great product for managing events staff and volunteers which can be used easily on the go via mobile

Cons: It is quite heavily focussed on events management which is fine but when trying to consolidate to a limited number of software need broader focus

by InitLive on 07/04/2020

Hi Callum,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give InitLive a review! We are currently working on broadening our focus outside of the Events space; we can't wait to show off all the new features!

Jessica F.

"Genius!"

Comments: The fact alone that something like this is at the palms of your hands make for a great time saver and also allows more focus to be placed elsewhere.

by InitLive on 27/07/2016

Glad we could save you time, Jessica!

Dan M.
Marketing & Advertising
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2016

"My Support Hero was good. The app needs better organization and clearer self-administration/installa"

Comments: I do not know if it is me - "operator error" - or Google Chrome/Play Store - or the InIt app, but I have loaded this gunk 2 or 3 times and it will not load or run.

Pros: I don't know. It is non-functional.

Cons: That it is non-functional.

by InitLive on 13/09/2016

Hi Dan, I'm sorry you've been having trouble installing the InitLive app on your device. It sounds like you are accessing the Play Store from your Google Chrome browser instead of directly from the Google Play Store app. This is the root of your trouble. We are sending you an email right now with detailed instructions on how to download the InitLive app. Thanks!

• Reviewed on 12/09/2016
Lalit C.
Co-Founder and Chief Curator
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2016

"Awesome is the word!"

Comments: Anyone running events knows this is THE area that is most neglected. A solution, that too a comprehensive one as InItLive addresses this and how! It is super easy to use and tackles all real concerns of any meeting planner. Awesome for events big and small.

Pros: It's flexible pricing and eases of use.

Cons: nothing really

by InitLive on 26/09/2016

Thanks for the kind words, Lalit!

• Reviewed on 24/09/2016
Dominika F.
Operations Manager
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2016

"Great software for making volunteer management easy!"

Comments: First ever software I used for managing the volunteer staff at our conference and I won't ever come back to a spreadsheet! It's easy to manage your staff onsite, track where they are and react fast to any problems. Definitely recommend to anyone that works with temporary staff at the event!

by InitLive on 22/08/2016

Thanks for the kind words, Dominika. Always a pleasure!

Heather B.
Director of Volunteers
Sports, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2017

"Outstanding customer service! Easy to use and allows the export of a large variety of information."

Comments: organization and ease of tracking of volunteers.

Pros: Easy to set up and edit shifts, staff, and roles. Overall, the software is user-friendly. There are many custom features that allow it to fit the needs of a variety of organization. We are a soccer club that needed software to manage volunteers for a tournament and corresponding set-up and tear down dates. The information that can be exported is very useful and easy to access. Our customer service representative was amazing! She provided timely help EVERY time I needed it and was always willing and able to look at my issues and solve my problems. Overall VERY pleased with InitLive!

Cons: The inability to customize automated notifications to staff. Individual staff can control their notifications, but managers cannot customize the timing and information provided in automated notifications (texts, not emails). You can send push notifications and emails when needed, however.

by InitLive on 11/12/2017

Thanks for your review, Heather! We're glad you enjoyed InitLive and look forward to working with you again and again!

• Reviewed on 09/12/2017
Lely C.
Director of Production
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2016

"Love this app and this Company"

Comments: We run a convention company that has been in business for 10 years. We tried this app at our last show and it became a great help with our volunteers. Now with the updates this has gone to the next level. Our next show is in a week and our schedule is up and people picking shifts and getting excited. There are so many great things about this app. I can't wait till they add in the function of availability. That will elevate it more. Avery and her team has gone out of her way to help us and to show us how to utilize this app. At our last show she was always there to help us at anytime which took away a lot of the stress I had about using a new app. I know this show will be even better!

Pros: The volunteers being able to pick shifts, the ability to leave reviews on the volunteers that's hidden, and the different role levels that are based roles (shift supervisor, check in administrator)

Cons: I want to be able to put in their availability and it alert me if I schedule. But it sounds like it is a future possibility as the company grows

by InitLive on 01/11/2016

Thanks for sharing your review, Lely. We love working with Eyecon and are excited for your convention next week. Availability is certainly something we want to add in a future release of InitLive, but we're glad to hear that the ability to let volunteers schedule themselves has worked just as well for you! As for the schedule, there is another improvement coming to this area in a week or two that will make things even more seamless for you! Best wishes for your upcoming event!

• Reviewed on 01/11/2016
Jacquelyn R.
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2016

"Looking forward to where InitLive is going"

Comments: This was our organization's first experience with InitLive and I can say I am fairly pleased with how it went. Although we had some push back from some of our less tech-savvy volunteers and those using unsupported browsers, many of our volunteers rated it as an easy to use program. I am most particularly satisfied with the support I received from our contact Avery, as well as other members of the InitLive team. All of our questions/issues were addressed in a timely manner and our suggestions for improvements to the program were taken seriously and professionally. Overall satisfied and looking forward to seeing the updates to the program in action.

by InitLive on 12/10/2016

Hi Jacquelyn, thanks for sharing your review. You and the team at Saint Louis Art Fair have been wonderful. We're excited to work with you again next year!

• Reviewed on 12/10/2016
Andrew B.
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2016

"This is a BIG leap forward for Staff & Volunteer Management Software - Thanks InitLive"

Comments: I can't believe how quick and easy it was to use the InitLive volunteer management software. I've tried a few other volunteer management applications before and none of them could offer the same unique features or customer support that I was looking for. I had a few questions for Melissa from InitLive just hours before my event and she was very helpful through the entire setup process (which only took minutes by the way). Overall, staff and volunteers were extremely happy with InitLive and I'll definitely be using them for all future events. Thank you! -Andrew

by InitLive on 27/07/2016

Hi Andrew,

It was great working with you on your last event. We can't wait for the next one!

Thanks!

David d. P.
Events Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2016

"House of Paint Experience with InItLive"

Comments: Leading up to our festival , diving into the app was made easy to set up volunteer's profiles and adding staff. I enjoyed the broadcasting system which allowed to send messages to staff list with ease. I will say that the scheduling part could use a little bit of work as far as making the monotonous task a little more easier to set up , but overall minus a few glitches I feel the app is amazing and we look forward to implementing more next year with our staff.

Pros: smartphone app, functionality on the app

Cons: scheduling could be better, scheduling in bulk would be nice

by InitLive on 21/09/2016

Hi David. Thanks for sharing your review with us. Scheduling improvements are at the top of our list! We had a blast working with House of Paint this year and we can't wait to work with you again.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2016
Shunli L.
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2016

"Great support!"

Comments: I'm not that tech-savvy, but the tool in general, was easy to use. My volunteer team picked up the app right away with few questions asked. I was mostly impressed with the great support that InitLive provided. I was assigned my own 'Customer Success' agent that walked me through the product step by step and resolved all of my issues within the hour (big shout out and thank you to Avery Reid!).

by InitLive on 28/07/2016

Hi ShunLi, I saw the shout out and wanted to reach out personally. You are a pleasure to work with and I'm glad to hear the tournament was such a success! -Avery

• Reviewed on 04/04/2016
Pamel G.
Corporate Events Director
51-200 Employees

"Highly recommend!"

Comments: It was great for helping us manage our complex schedule. We also really liked being able to generate reports after to see hours worked by each of our staff.

Pros: The customer support was really great - thank you!

Cons: A little time consuming to set up.

by InitLive on 22/08/2016

Happy to hear you enjoyed InitLive's reporting features, Pamel. Thanks for the review!

Khalil A.
Investor
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2020

"Very great for communication"

Comments: great experience, really like it and encourage all to join

Pros: This is one of the best ideas that has been by InitLive, it allows organizations to easily communicate with staff for upcoming jobs

Cons: the only thing that doesn't make me use it more often is that the organizations themselves aren't using it that often

by InitLive on 07/04/2020

Hi Khalil,
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! If you're ever interested in using the product, please don't hesitate to reach out. We would be happy to show you how you can leverage the system and make it work for your organization. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Dhrupa A.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2016

"InitLive is great it helps me to manage my volunteer base woark at multiple festivals ;"

Comments: InitLive helps me manage my newly growing volunteer base at multiple festivals since year; it's great to have all of my team volunteer information and schedules in one location. It's great ..

by InitLive on 22/08/2016

Thanks for the review, Dhrupa. We're glad we can help you manage your team! :)

Mackenzie V.
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2016

"Rose-Hulman Homecoming"

Comments: I was less involved on the back end/set-up than Lauren was, but I thought the features were great and heard good feedback from the volunteers (that fully utilized it) The only thing was in the moment (of the event) it seemed like it wasn't as helpful. I think that is because I wear too many hats during the events....

by InitLive on 17/10/2016

Hi Mackenzie, thanks for sharing your review. We're excited to hear from Lauren and to work with you both again!

• Reviewed on 17/10/2016
Joshua S.
Sponsorship Coordinator
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2016

"Very impressive!!"

Comments: We are a celebrity convention company that has about 25 staff and 50 volunteers at each event. Keeping up with everyone was always quite the task and with the InItLive app at our last convention, we all could communicate and know exactly where we needed people and who was where with ease. We loved the broadcast feature and super excited for all the new features that have been added for our next event this week!

by InitLive on 06/11/2016

Hi Joshua, thanks for the kind words! We're happy you and the rest of the EyeCon team had such a great experience and are excited for you to make use of all those new features. Best wishes for your upcoming event!

• Reviewed on 06/11/2016
Michael O.
General Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2016

"The solution for all your volunteer coordination needs"

Comments: We started using InitLive in January and immediately fell in love with it. From the online scheduler to the mobile app check-ins, all the features combined allow us to have manage our 100+ volunteers much better.

Pros: Mobile app, online scheduler, roles, saved profiles.

Cons: Missing volunteer approval.

by InitLive on 20/10/2016

Hi Michael! We're glad you love using InitLive at your events. We've tracked your request for volunteer approval and will see what we can do in that area in the future! We're looking forward to the next Festibière event!

Lynn P.
11-50 Employees

"Volunteer Recommended"

Comments: My manager told us that we needed to use InitLive for the event I was volunteering at. After downloading the app, I could see the value it in. Thought it was super cool and easy to use. I also really liked the colors. I recommended the app to another coordinator at a different event I was working.

Cons: none

by InitLive on 22/08/2016

Hi, Lynn. So glad to hear you had a great time using InitLive as a volunteer!